Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58924
Printed Date: 10 May 2024 at 12:09am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Aisling Murphy Case
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Aisling Murphy Case
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 6:21pm
What a stupid kant yer man is.  Why is he denying he did it when he was caught red handed the stupid prick.  Hope he burns in hell.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 1:02pm
It's one of the problems with the mandatory life sentences we have in this country. On the one hand, there's no chance a judge listening to a "tough upbringing" story leaves him off more lenient, but on the flip side, defendents have nothing to gain by admitting it, they're getting the same sentence regardless.

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 1:06pm
I too have been seething at this case and I think the prosecution have done a fantastic job. Her family have been through hell and this case drawing on must be pouring salt in the wounds. Such a travesty, I'll say nothing about him until the case has been concluded. 

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: jamo1
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 1:56pm
I wonder what her family think of the drama type podcast that Frank Greaney (courts corespondent) is doing on it in Today FM? I hear the advert and its like something from Fair City.

-------------
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

I wonder what her family think of the drama type podcast that Frank Greaney (courts corespondent) is doing on it in Today FM? I hear the advert and its like something from Fair City.

Netflix would not exist as far as I can see without true crime.  True crime podcasts are huge.  This one is close to home so it resonates.   

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Netflix would not exist as far as I can see without true crime.  True crime podcasts are huge.  This one is close to home so it resonates.   
Yeah I love true crime, binge on the TV series, then bizzarly, the neighbour of one of my best mates that lives in US ended up on one of them. I'd met the lad and the wife at his wedding a few years earlier and seemed normal. Then went away and murdered the wife. Watching it about soeone you know is a lot tougher

Netflix: The Family Next Door

Posted By: SeaSharp
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah I love true crime, binge on the TV series, then bizzarly, the neighbour of one of my best mates that lives in US ended up on one of them. I'd met the lad and the wife at his wedding a few years earlier and seemed normal. Then went away and murdered the wife. Watching it about soeone you know is a lot tougher

You're joking? Wouldn't normally get angry at true crime shows, but that guy is beyond sick. Absolutely zero remorse for what he'd done 

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

You're joking? Wouldn't normally get angry at true crime shows, but that guy is beyond sick. Absolutely zero remorse for what he'd done 

You seem more worked up about this than anything else horrible going on in the world.  

Haven’t seen the show. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:21pm

You seem more worked up about this than anything else horrible going on in the world.  

Haven’t seen the show. 
Odd time to take a snipe when we're talking about a man who murdered his wife and kids and threw them into an oil tank, 1-0 to Baldrick I guess? 

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:25pm

Haven’t seen the show. 
Odd time to take a snipe when we're talking about a man who murdered his wife and kids and threw them into an oil tank, 1-0 to Baldrick I guess? 

That’s horrendous.  Absolutely horrendous.  Just struck me that yoi  speak like a PR executive in relation other deaths but this one you speak like a human being. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:40pm
I must have missed the segment on the decades-long political conflict and wars between Chris Watts and his family in the TV show, my bad. Context is an inconvenient concept anyway.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 5:59pm

You saying you met the guy in that doc? That was one of the most harrowing, cold-blooded evil things I had ever saw. 

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 2:26pm
Unsurprisingly he's found guilty. There is a special place in hell reserved for that animal

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 2:31pm
Would be pro the return of capital punishment for this guy. Scum of the earth. 

He was so obviously guilty it was beyond stupid pleading not guilty and to put the family through that trial. What a ****. 

Fair play to the prosecution and the guards, absolutely no stone left unturned. 
May Aisling rest easy, such a brave woman taken far too soon. 

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 2:41pm
His alibi was hilarious. An idiot as well as a murdering scumbag.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 2:55pm
Why did the judge ask for a unanimous verdict and not a majority?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Don't they always do that initially? If they can't get a unanimous decision after a few days they accept majority. 

The judge must have been tempted to call it off half way through this trial. His defence didn't even make sense and wasn't coherent

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 3:04pm
I'm not someone that would advocate the death penalty however, similar to certain cases in the UK, most recently Lucy Letby, a life sentence should mean an entire life sentence in cases like this.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'm not someone that would advocate the death penalty however, similar to certain cases in the UK, most recently Lucy Letby, a life sentence should mean an entire life sentence in cases like this.

There'll people on the inside gunning for this lad anyway 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 4:36pm
Hope the kant gets battered inside.  Absolute scumbag.

The neck on him to even try to claim insanity/medication.not remmebering and or pleading his innocence.
The biggest cock and bull story of all time was his sh*tty defence. 

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Don't they always do that initially? If they can't get a unanimous decision after a few days they accept majority. 

The judge must have been tempted to call it off half way through this trial. His defence didn't even make sense and wasn't coherent
Yeah it’s always unanimous then majority 

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 4:47pm
Has there been cases whereby since there was not a unanimous verdict the accused walks?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 4:53pm

Has there been cases whereby since there was not a unanimous verdict the accused walks?
If the jury can’t agree a unanimous decision after a certain amount of time the judge will then say he’ll accept a majority of ten (of 12) and it’ll go like that until a decision is made 

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 10:53pm
Ireland has the longest sentence for murder in Europe, so I'm told.. 

Surprised at that...

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 8:12am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Surprised at that...
How many years?

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 8:25am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Surprised at that...
How many years?

My understanding life in Ireland is min 12 years before available for Parole. Very unlikely to get that.   However in Uk there are sentences of over 30 years.  Recently watched the sixth commandment where Ben Field got over 30 years.  

Maybe it was an EU stat rather than Europe.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 8:47am
Photos of scratches on his hands in indo this morning, my god that poor girl put a proper fight, id say if not for the knife, she had a good chance of fending him off

-------------
Getting old and intolerant

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 9:07am

Surprised at that...
How many years?

My understanding life in Ireland is min 12 years before available for Parole. Very unlikely to get that.   However in Uk there are sentences of over 30 years.  Recently watched the sixth commandment where Ben Field got over 30 years.  

UK also has a whole life sentence, Lucy Letby got one recently 

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 11:56am

Surprised at that...
How many years?

So life is 12 here ? 

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Surprised at that...
How many years?

So life is 12 here ? 

That’s the min life sentence.  Unlikely to get out after 12 years.  But a person can apply for parole.  The fact he pleaded not guilty will count against him.  Very few prisoners who get life only serve 12 years it would be much more than that.  

In the Uk the judge can impose a min sentence such as 30 or 35 years.  That’s not available to judges here. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 2:35pm
You'd worry about our laws letting someone like him out on the streets. Brutally murdered a young woman for no reason and then denies it despite irrefutable evidence. Who's to say he won't do the exact same thing in 20 years when he walks a free man.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 2:40pm
The place is full of repeat offenders. Larry Murphy and Gerald Barry being 2 prime examples.

Gerald Barry was on bail and serial offender. An absolute f**king monster.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 2:53pm
Malcom McArthur was released in 2012 after being put in jail in 1982.   So he served 30 years but had temp release for a a few hours in 2005 and 2006.  

John shaw served a long time and Jimmie Ennis served over 51 years.  They reckon he did 65 years in the care of the state throughout his life.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 3:15pm
This guy will never see the light of day again. The pleading not guilty part will ultimately ensure he stays behind bars for at least 30 years. 

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 3:32pm
They really should extend the 12 years to much longer for these sort of offences. Wastes everybody time pricks like this getting a parole hearing in 12 years time. 

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 4:13pm

This guy will never see the light of day again. The pleading not guilty part will ultimately ensure he stays behind bars for at least 30 years. 

He'll be in a low security prison in about 5 years and then parole and walking the streets in no time.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 4:42pm

He'll be in a low security prison in about 5 years and then parole and walking the streets in no time.

I don’t think this is how this will play out.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 5:08pm

No chance

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 5:43pm
Why not?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 6:08pm

Why not?

If he was to end up in a lower security prison (he won't), his head would be put through the wall the same week. 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 6:40pm

Why not?

Number one he pleaded not guilty.  Two he will be up for parole in 12 years I can’t see a change in his security status before that given the high profile nature of his crime and the fact he is alleged to have attempted suicide last week.  Number 3 I think the nature of the coverage of this crime will mean the earliest he is released is 20 years.  Women’s Aid and other NGOs and the family will
Make sure when it comes to his parole being reviewed there will be public pressure to keep him in jail.   As I said Malcolm
McArthur served 30 years and I he will serve the same. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Why not?

If he was to end up in a lower security prison (he won't), his head would be put through the wall the same week. 

Always curious about this. Why would other scumbags in prison have some sort of moral high ground as to assault another scumbag with some sort of vigilante group?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why not?

Always curious about this. Why would other scumbags in prison have some sort of moral high ground as to assault another scumbag with some sort of vigilante group?

A lot of scumbags would probably draw the line at stabbing a woman unprovoked in the neck. 

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why not?

A lot of scumbags would probably draw the line at stabbing a woman unprovoked in the neck. 

Those 6 time rapists have my respect

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 1:51am

There is less than no chance of this happening. He'd be lucky to see a low security prison in 30 years time.

Spouting hypothetical nonsense like this to show the "state of the country" is beyond stupid 

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 6:08am

There is less than no chance of this happening. He'd be lucky to see a low security prison in 30 years time.

Spouting hypothetical nonsense like this to show the "state of the country" is beyond stupid 
30 years?? Confused

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 8:44am
A horrible ***t to drag her family through a trial after all they went through. 

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 9:48am

Barry and Murphy were let out quite early. It's very rare that monsters like this will serve the full sentence. 

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 10:19am
As far as I know neither has been convicted for murder.  It will be 12 years before he even has the option of applying for parole and early release.  My guess he will do 20 years minimum and possibly 30 years.  Should be longer in my view. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 10:24am

Barry and Murphy were let out quite early. It's very rare that monsters like this will serve the full sentence. 

Who did they murder?

Joe o Reilly is a better comparison. He's nearly 20 years in and he's not getting out anytime soon. Puskas is worse too due to the random nature of the attack 

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 1:37pm
This man is 33 now. IMO it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have actual life sentences in this country. Getting out at 53 isn't a just punishment and neither is 63. I'd also fear a repeat attack. 40 years for 73 maybe but at that stage you might aswell just keep him locked up forever. 

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 1:46pm
http://twitter.com/_mullally_el_/status/1725598591949938982?t=6Cr_uUks1BoSaDPUq89ReQ&s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/_mullally_el_/status/1725598591949938982?t=6Cr_uUks1BoSaDPUq89ReQ&s=19

Scathing statement from Ashling's boyfriend on the immigration policies of Ireland. I believe Ireland legally has the power with Irish and EU law to deport immigrants who are making no contribution whatsoever but this law is never enforced for some reason. 

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 1:52pm

http://twitter.com/_mullally_el_/status/1725598591949938982?t=6Cr_uUks1BoSaDPUq89ReQ&s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/_mullally_el_/status/1725598591949938982?t=6Cr_uUks1BoSaDPUq89ReQ&s=19

Scathing statement from Ashling's boyfriend on the immigration policies of Ireland. I believe Ireland legally has the power with Irish and EU law to deport immigrants who are making no contribution whatsoever but this law is never enforced for some reason. 

If this was an Irish person who worked all their life who carried out this horrendous crime, would it have made it any easier. No it wouldn’t. 

Plenty of murders of women are carried out by Irish men who work and pay taxes.  

The murderer in this case is horrendous person regardless of their background.  Their background is irrelevant. 

Graham Dwyer
Larry Murphy
Joe O Reilly all Irish and all working in the Irish economy and paying taxes.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 1:57pm
The person who tweeted that is one of John McGuirks followers....

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 2:49pm

The person who tweeted that is one of John McGuirks followers....
Why are you deflecting. The person who said what's important is the boyfriend of the girl who was murdered. The Irish independent also published his statement. Have you an issue with them? The man on the moon could have tweeted this.

@Baldrick 
Every country has their fair share of bad apples, spongers, lazy bastard's etc. doesn't mean you try and increase your share of them. 

By your logic why don't we invite 500,000 dole merchants from around the world and we'll burden them instead of their home nations. 

It's literally in the law that people like him can be deported for being a waste of space. Laws are there for a reason and it would be nice if this country started applying them for the safety and benefit of this nation. 

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 4:30pm
Read between the lines. It's about blaming Johnny Foreigner.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 5:06pm

The statement is pretty clear cut. There's no reading between the lines needed. What's your point?

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 5:16pm
The point is when it comes to murder of women it’s the man in their bed they should worry about not the boogie man under their bed.  Crimes like this are very rare and using the anti foreigner rhetoric is nonsense.  The poor bf is a victim here and I can understand him blaming anything and everything including immigration.  But clowns like
Right wing nuts have no excuse. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 5:38pm

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 5:42pm

The statement is pretty clear cut. There's no reading between the lines needed. What's your point?

What if the guy who killed his sister was Irish?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: notpropaganda73
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 5:43pm

the loopers wouldn't even notice a case like that because it doesn't suit them

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 6:32pm

If an Irish man was in situation bumming off the state abroad the vast majority of countries wouldn't support his free loading lifestyle and would send him packing. 

I'm sure Slovakia is more then delighted to get rid of these wasters and are happy we were stupid enough to support him. 

The point is we don't have to support people from abroad who have no intention of ever contributing to society. We have one of the world's biggest debts per capita and a massive housing crisis. Why should we burden ourselves when it's not even against EU law to get rid of him. 

Obviously you boys trying to play the race card but doesn't his statement specifically single out and praise the contribution many immigrants make in this country. You'd have to have your head out of your hole though to see that instead of jumping on an agenda that only exists in your heads.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 6:39pm
Your just ranting about foreigners now.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 7:05pm

Your just ranting about foreigners now.
😂😂😂 You're just a troll. Took an angle that didn't exist and now you want a way out 👋

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 8:26am
I've asked you a question and you avoided it and once again, your sources are right wing loons, exactly the same as the Gaza thread.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 11:49am
Fully understand the boyfriends emotion and hatred but it’s being jumped on being the anti-immigration brigade.

McGregor, bastion of women’s right, jumping on it says it all.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 1:28am

I've asked you a question and you avoided it and once again, your sources are right wing loons, exactly the same as the Gaza thread.
What source? He is the source. You are absolutely crazy bro.

You asked me a loaded question irrelevant to the statement he posted. We are responsible for our own citizens whether good or bad. We don't have to be responsible for free loaders from abroad. 

Are you ok? You're very slow catching on. 

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:50pm
"Court backs limits on benefits for migrants
European Court of Justice says Germany can refuse to give welfare payments to unemployed EU citizens who have never worked in the country". 

That almost sounds like something I'd and be called a right wing loon. Although it's Germany and the EU but I agree with the sentiment.

http://www.politico.eu/article/court-backs-curbs-on-benefits-for-migrants/" rel="nofollow - https://www.politico.eu/article/court-backs-curbs-on-benefits-for-migrants/

"The Romanian woman, Elisabeta Dano, 25, has lived in the east German city of Leipzig since 2010. She does not speak German and has never sought employment, according to German authorities. She had applied for long-term unemployment benefit and, when it was refused, she launched a legal challenge." 

Kind of funny to think there's actually people who think they shouldn't be deported.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:05pm
Deleted the last post given it'll just be inviting vitriol against a particular minority, and consider it a warning. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net