Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58903
Printed Date: 26 Feb 2024 at 3:40pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Season Tickets
Posted By: King_Kenny
Subject: Season Tickets
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 2:17pm
What would the interest be like if we had a team?

Replies:
Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 2:21pm
I think you're going to have to elaborate here. 

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 2:31pm
When we were qualifying for tournaments (2012 & 2016) it was piss easy to get season tickets.

Will never be an issue

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: Pinginí
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 2:52pm
The 2024 games will all be Nations League and friendlies. Demand will be so low, I don't know why they phrased it as "waiting list"

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

When we were qualifying for tournaments (2012 & 2016) it was piss easy to get season tickets.

Will never be an issue
Seems a strange one alright. We’re on a downward curve but demand for tickets is rising. Maybe we are the best fans in the world 😂

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 3:09pm
They sold out last year, thats why there is a waiting list. I suspect there will be a good amount available

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

The 2024 games will all be Nations League and friendlies. Demand will be so low, I don't know why they phrased it as "waiting list"

Because they sold out last year, theres 23k ST up for renewal. The waiting list will be for anyone looking to get one who hasn't previously had one and the numbers will entirely depend on the ones who don't renew.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 10:13am
Wouldn't be so quick to disregard the demand for tickets post Covid the Crowds across football in this country have skyrocketed.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Because they sold out last year, theres 23k ST up for renewal. The waiting list will be for anyone looking to get one who hasn't previously had one and the numbers will entirely depend on the ones who don't renew.

There was massive demand this year because people wanted to take their kids to see Mbappe. Back to normal next year.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

There was massive demand this year because people wanted to take their kids to see Mbappe. Back to normal next year.

Whats normal? ST numbers have only ever gone up year on year. It was like 5k in its first year if I recall and was up to 18 or 19k the year before this one. You could be right but I cant see there being a huge drop off.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Unless we get England in our NL group. LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 3:50pm
Email just went out there regarding renewals. Prices unchanged on this year which is welcome. Great value for a ST in fairness

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Email just went out there regarding renewals. Prices unchanged on this year which is welcome. Great value for a ST in fairness

Renewal of up 25th oct, this is a bit close to xmas for my liking Cry

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 4:19pm
Less matches and less quality equals price unchanged?

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Should be the same amount of games you'd think. 3 Nations league games and 2 friendlies you'd imagine 

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

The email does that payment options will be available like last year 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 4:57pm

They offer interest free repayment plans. Last year you could secure it by paying €1 and then pay the balance after Xmas. Hopefully something similar this year

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

The email does that payment options will be available like last year 

Payment plans this year were very good if I remember right could renew ticket for €1 and pay rest at a later date 

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 4:59pm

They'll hardly drop prices due to the opposition next year. The ST is and always has been very good value. One of the few things the FAI has gotten right over the years

-------------

Posted By: E2016
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 5:00pm
Price unchanged with no qualifiers, no France, no Holland and a bunch of nations league games and friendlies but its great value?

Come on... LOLLOL

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Price unchanged with no qualifiers, no France, no Holland and a bunch of nations league games and friendlies but its great value?

Come on... LOLLOL
We could be playing England.
Anyways, I go to watch Ireland so I think it's good value for money. 

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Come on... LOLLOL

650 quid for 2 season tickets in East or West Lower in a Nations League and Friendly year is awful, awful value for money.

You have an extra friendly there this time too and no marquee teams. It's terrible value.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 5:26pm

Come on... LOLLOL

650 quid for 2 season tickets in East or West Lower in a Nations League and Friendly year is awful, awful value for money.

You have an extra friendly there this time too and no marquee teams. It's terrible value.
Well, it depends on why you chose to go to games. Event junkies and people who's interest in going is based on the opposition may not be happy. I get 5 Ireland games for €40 where I sit in the West upper and I'm very happy with that as I go to support Ireland

Posted By: mouldymould
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 5:38pm

Should be the same amount of games you'd think. 3 Nations league games and 2 friendlies you'd imagine 

We had 6 home games across 5 international breaks this year. Same number of breaks next year so would expect either 5 or 6 again.

Posted By: CantonasCat
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 5:42pm
Emailed them there asking about the €1 thing but they told me I’d have to wait til next week to find out Cry lol 

-------------
JC

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 5:50pm
Theres always someone to moan about something. ST is great value and long may it continue. 

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it and if you dont think its good value then dont buy it or try switch to a lower cat ticket. 

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:05pm

There are are only four Windows with two games each from what I can see. With centralised rights are at not committed to equal amount of home and away games? Maybe I'm wrong?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Theres always someone to moan about something. ST is great value and long may it continue. 

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it and if you dont think its good value then dont buy it or try switch to a lower cat ticket. 

Who's moaning? I certainly haven't said it's bad value, I'll pay it anyway. Am more concerned for what overall numbers will be given the poor commercial performance of the executive and need for them to maximise sales.

-------------

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:10pm

There are are only for Windows with two games each from what I can see. With centralised rights are at not committed to equal amount of home and away games? Maybe I'm wrong?

It will be the same, a friendly in March, probably a friendly vs a big team in June, nations league start of Sept, mid October and mid November

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:13pm

There are are only four Windows with two games each from what I can see. With centralised rights are at not committed to equal amount of home and away games? Maybe I'm wrong?

March Window, Pre-Euros window, and three nations league windows at a guess? 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:15pm

Who's moaning? I certainly haven't said it's bad value, I'll pay it anyway. Am more concerned for what overall numbers will be given the poor commercial performance of the executive and need for them to maximise sales.
just read one or two other posts. It wasnt in reference to your post.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:15pm

Going off on a tangent here but is that the case? I know the inherited a huge hole but my impression was it was moving, slowly, in the right direction but I could be wrong on that. 

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:24pm

Going off on a tangent here but is that the case? I know the inherited a huge hole but my impression was it was moving, slowly, in the right direction but I could be wrong on that. 

They have forgone €12m odd from not being able to attract a men's sponsor for the last four years. 

The only reason the books look better is the cashflow from the state particularly during COVID.

The debts will be there in a decade.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:26pm
The family season ticket is great value. The only problem is having a family costs you a fortune. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:28pm

They have forgone €12m odd from not being able to attract a men's sponsor for the last four years. 

The only reason the books look better is the cashflow from the state particularly during COVID.

The debts will be there in a decade.

But is it not the case that they are going a different direction in terms of looking for multiple partners rather then one big sponsor hence the deals with the likes of Circle K?

On the debt, it was reported they've lowered it significantly even if there is a long way to go.

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

There are are only for Windows with two games each from what I can see. With centralised rights are at not committed to equal amount of home and away games? Maybe I'm wrong?

It will be the same, a friendly in March, probably a friendly vs a big team in June, nations league start of Sept, mid October and mid November

Is that not 8 games? 2 friendlies and 6 NL games.

Am I missing something?

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 7:15pm

They offer interest free repayment plans. Last year you could secure it by paying €1 and then pay the balance after Xmas. Hopefully something similar this year

Aye il pay one way or the other, was a childhood dream to get a ticket and il be in that seat till I'm too old to manage the stairs 

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Is that not 8 games? 2 friendlies and 6 NL games.

Am I missing something?

6 NL but that's 3 home 3 away

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:04pm
Email from FAI to say prices remain unchanged. My family season ticket is gone up by €100.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:05pm
3. €1 deposit – 50% of the total payment is to be made by November 24th, with the remaining 50% scheduled for settlement by February 23, 2024.

I don't remember having to have half paid by November last year lads. That's a bit of a killer timing wise. Maybe I'm wrong though

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

3. €1 deposit – 50% of the total payment is to be made by November 24th, with the remaining 50% scheduled for settlement by February 23, 2024.

I don't remember having to have half paid by November last year lads. That's a bit of a killer timing wise. Maybe I'm wrong though

You'll have the option to pay the full balance in March. 

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:08pm

I paid €1 last October and the balance in March this year. 

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

That's what I thought. Wonder why they changed it. It definitely adds a bit of pressure

-------------

Posted By: tm3314
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:12pm
Yeah it seems the family ticket is the one with the price increase. Reply from FAI:

HI 

The family season ticket has increased by €5 per ticket per game.

All other pricing remains the same.

Kind regards

FAI Ticket Office

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:13pm

That's what I thought. Wonder why they changed it. It definitely adds a bit of pressure

They haven't changed it 

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:14pm

They haven't changed it 

My bad - The email makes it look like they haven't changed this option but when you click through the link then it tells you the first payment has to be made in November

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:15pm
Maybe the SLO might be able to add some detail on why this change has been made? 

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:17pm

They haven't changed it 

My bad - The email makes it look like they haven't changed this option but when you click through the link then it tells you the first payment has to be made in November
This is bollox. My season ticket is gone from €360 to €460 and I have to pay €230 a month before Christmas after already paying €360, 8 months ago.

Don’t think I’ll be renewing.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:23pm
Might be a stupid question, but if I have 5 season tickets on the account, can that be reduced?

Or is it all or nothing?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:35pm

Might be a stupid question, but if I have 5 season tickets on the account, can that be reduced?

Or is it all or nothing?

As in will they give you a discount as you have multiple tickets? I would seriously doubt it

Or are you trying to reduce the number of tickets you have? If so, I'd probably email the ticket office to find out. You should be able to really

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:37pm

Email from FAI to say prices remain unchanged. My family season ticket is gone up by €100.

That is just blatant false advertising from them. To say prices remain unchanged and putting up the price of a family ticket without mentioning it in the email is just plain stupid. Asking for a backlash 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:37pm
No no, there's 5 of us using the one account. If one man doesn't want to renew, can I just renew 4?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by tm3314 tm3314 wrote:

Yeah it seems the family ticket is the one with the price increase. Reply from FAI:

HI 

The family season ticket has increased by €5 per ticket per game.

All other pricing remains the same.

Kind regards

FAI Ticket Office

They must want people not to renew family tickets so they can flog them as single tickets. A 25% increase is ridiculous alone but when you consider we had France and Netherlands this year and only NL and friendlies next year it’s outrageous.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: aidz
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:38pm
Looking at last years email on renewals, the Family price of the season ticket has went from €360 in 2023 to €460 in 2024. 

-------------
You'll never beat the Irish

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:39pm

No no, there's 5 of us using the one account. If one man doesn't want to renew, can I just renew 4?

Sorry - I edited my post above when I re-read your post. I'd email the ticket office to find out. Seems like you should be able to just renew 4 but ticketmaster platform is a shambles so it wouldn't surprise me if you couldn't choose the tickets you'd like to renew. See what the website says tomorrow I suppose when you login to see if that's an option

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:40pm

That is just blatant false advertising from them in fairness. To say prices remain unchanged and putting up the price of a family ticket without mentioning it in the email is just plain stupid. Asking for a backlash 
I can’t justify paying it. I’m so pissed off.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:43pm
Maybe it's worth creating a new thread with specific questions on the season ticket for the SLO to hopefully get answers for.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:56pm

I agree!! Ouch

-------------
JC

Posted By: tapfit2004
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:57pm
They said that they hadn't increased the adult ticket price. The family ticket is up by 100 euro and the child tickets are up by 10 euro. 

2 adults and 2 children on individual tickets would be 530 as opposed to 460 this year. Last year it was 510 vs 360. Definitely a big jump there and as people have said, the games aren't against as high profile teams. 

Maybe just putting a fiver on all the tickets would have been a better idea. It would probably bring in as much as what they have done without really pissing off any supporters. 

-------------
Let Christy Take It.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 4:58pm
No invoice yet, just want to bite the bullet and get on with it

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 5:29pm
a total joke to say they haven’t reduced them but have increased the family ticket by 100 euro or a 27% increase.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 5:42pm

Which matches are included in the 2024 FAI Season Ticket?

“…..and a potential UEFA Euro 2024 play off.”

I was under the impression that that would have been part of the current ST?    Probably wrong !! But, we won’t have a play off anyway so it’s a moot point! LOL

Also Thought this was an interesting point:

“In the event the Association does not deliver 6 games – a credit will be applied to your Season Ticket Account for 2025.”  

-------------
JC

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by CantonasCat CantonasCat wrote:

I was under the impression that that would have been part of the current ST?    Probably wrong !! But, we won’t have a play off anyway so it’s a moot point! LOL

“In the event the Association does not deliver 6 games – a credit will be applied to your Season Ticket Account for 2025.”  

Season tickets just apply for a calendar year.
In the past there hasn't been the full amount of games so a credit has been applied.
We've also had an extra game for free previously also.

Posted By: Declanus
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 6:50pm
We have 5 season tickets on the one account and get charged by Ticketmaster a service charge for each ticket even though it is just one transaction. Flippin joke.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 6:57pm

Originally posted by CantonasCat CantonasCat wrote:

Season tickets just apply for a calendar year.
In the past there hasn't been the full amount of games so a credit has been applied.
We've also had an extra game for free previously also.

Thumbs Up  I see!! 

-------------
JC

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 11:21pm

Not much use offering the €1 option when your still going to be looking for 50% of people just a few weeks later. Option was great last year could renew it for the euro and then pay it off after Christmas time 

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 9:46am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Not much use offering the €1 option when your still going to be looking for 50% of people just a few weeks later. Option was great last year could renew it for the euro and then pay it off after Christmas time 

I don't think it's too bad the way some were going on I assumed they took everything in November,  OK I can see how if you have multiple tickets it would be pricey but you can always go in and pay off parts of it in between now and November.

I suppose my question is does it automatically take the payment on that date or do you have to go in a pay manually? 

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:06am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I don't think it's too bad the way some were going on I assumed they took everything in November,  OK I can see how if you have multiple tickets it would be pricey but you can always go in and pay off parts of it in between now and November.

I suppose my question is does it automatically take the payment on that date or do you have to go in a pay manually? 

Up until this point all payments have been manual and not automatic.

Posted By: Lodger
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:06am
Anybody else getting quoted for the full season ticket price rather than the renewal rate? 
Also was it possible to change seats through the ticketmaster platform or does that have to be done through FAI?

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Anybody else getting quoted for the full season ticket price rather than the renewal rate? 
Also was it possible to change seats through the ticketmaster platform or does that have to be done through FAI?

Can't change seat until 27th October but you have to have renewed first

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:16am

The renewal rate is appearing for me. The Change of Seat window will open on Oct 27th. Renew your season ticket before Oct 25th to be able to change seat. 

Posted By: Lodger
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:18am
Cheers for the info. Will get in touch with FAI re renewal rate.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:23am

I added 2 new season tickets to my 2 existing ones last year. I now have 2 showing at the renewal rate and 2 at the new rate so I'll be on to the ticket office also.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:25am
€80.25pp now and €80.25pp in Feb, not too bad!

Still annoys me having to pay €27.50 in service charges for 5 tickets on my account.

Posted By: Lansdown Roar
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:37am
Getting quoted full price for renewal rate too.

-------------
They've only gone and done it

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:43am
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

They said that they hadn't increased the adult ticket price. The family ticket is up by 100 euro and the child tickets are up by 10 euro. 

2 adults and 2 children on individual tickets would be 530 as opposed to 460 this year. Last year it was 510 vs 360. Definitely a big jump there and as people have said, the games aren't against as high profile teams. 

Maybe just putting a fiver on all the tickets would have been a better idea. It would probably bring in as much as what they have done without really pissing off any supporters. 

The other thing here is that people committing to family tickets agree to bring minimum four bums on seats in undesirable Seats in the ground. The fai justifying this increase by saying we are aligning the tickets to the full cost adult and child prices, for those not committing to four tickets per match and in categories that gave choices over locations is not a like for like comparison.

-------------

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:46am

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

The other thing here is that people committing to family tickets agree to bring minimum four bums on seats in undesirable Seats in the ground. The fai justifying this increase by saying we are aligning the tickets to the full cost adult and child prices, for those not committing to four tickets per match and in categories that gave choices over locations is not a like for like comparison.

This! very annoying tbh and pretty unfair!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 10:48am
No email for me or invoice on my account. They manage to send me out every bit of marketing sh1te emails but never get the important ticket ones. 

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:00am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

€80.25pp now and €80.25pp in Feb, not too bad!

It's great value in fairness, works out around €25 per match 

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:09am
I've got the full price rate not the renewal rate FFS!!!! A hundred fockin euro uplift Censored

Fock that, they can find another mug.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:11am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I've got the full price rate not the renewal rate FFS!!!! A hundred fockin euro uplift Censored

Just email them, it's a mistake, a few people have had an issue with the invoice and they've fixed it quickly once you contact them

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:16am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Just email them, it's a mistake, a few people have had an issue with the invoice and they've fixed it quickly once you contact them

Some things never change. I have my doubts it was a mistake....if it was then why was it not included in the table within the email. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:21am

Some things never change. I have my doubts it was a mistake....if it was then why was it not included in the table within the email. 
Why wasn't the full price for new season tickets in the renewal email?

I'd imagine because there's no need for it to be seeing as it's a price freeze for renewals with the exception of the family ticket.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:26am
Doesn't help that the pricing link in the renewal emails shows the full prices as opposed to the renewal prices detailed in yesterday's advance emails.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:27am

Why wasn't the full price for new season tickets in the renewal email?

I'd imagine because there's no need for it to be seeing as it's a price freeze for renewals with the exception of the family ticket.

Clear as mud as usual. Typo in the email and similar error made with invoice. 

Good to see some things never change. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:42am
"The price for Families has increased – no renewal rate."

straight from the horses mouth! if the bit in bold is true how come some on here are getting the renewal rate???

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:50am

straight from the horses mouth!
Yes as mentioned up thread a bit.

It's the only one that didn't have the renewal rate frozen.

Some people with normal season tickets got a non renewal rate on their invoices which got sorted by the TO, assumed that was what you were referring to cause the post didn't mention family tickets.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:53am

Some people with normal season tickets got a non renewal rate on their invoices which got sorted by the TO, assumed that was what you were referring to cause the post didn't mention family tickets.

well in that case they've lost me as a season ticket holder. i'll cherry pick my tickets in a piecemeal fashion. the friendlies can do one. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 12:22pm

well in that case they've lost me as a season ticket holder. i'll cherry pick my tickets in a piecemeal fashion. the friendlies can do one. 
Exact same as that for me. Typo my hole. They can get f**ked if they think I'm paying €76 for a friendly. Usually I can't give away spare tickets for friendlies for free. Will watch on tv and just but tickets for the occasional match now.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 12:43pm

Exact same as that for me. Typo my hole. They can get f**ked if they think I'm paying €76 for a friendly. Usually I can't give away spare tickets for friendlies for free. Will watch on tv and just but tickets for the occasional match now.
Just to add, their explanation to me was, it was a typo, adult tickets remain unchanged. 

That should mean that there's only a €50 increase not €100. €5 per 2 child tickets for 5 games. 

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 12:55pm

Would €76 Euro for 2 adults and 2 children for an event not be considered value? (Even if how they have gone about not informing people about the rise in price is wrong).

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 1:01pm

Would €76 Euro for 2 adults and 2 children for an event not be considered value? (Even if how they have gone about not informing people about the rise in price is wrong).
Do you think a 25% price increase is good value?

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 1:04pm

Do you think a 25% price increase is good value?

Depends what the original price was - what used to be exceptional value now might be only good value etc. Also depends on what people view as value to them - I was merely asking the question out of curiosity. 

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 1:16pm
Is it a case where they have f*cked it up with previous pricing for family ST's and theyre rectifying it now? Is the main issue the communication? Would yous have paid for the family season ticket if the increase was communicated beforehand?

Would agree with Borussia that €76 for 2x adults and 2x children still seems like great value to be honest. 

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Is it a case where they have f*cked it up with previous pricing for family ST's and theyre rectifying it now? Is the main issue the communication? Would yous have paid for the family season ticket if the increase was communicated beforehand?

Would agree with Borussia that €76 for 2x adults and 2x children still seems like great value to be honest. 

Just to clarify, mine was a genuine question - Being out of Ireland most of the time I don't know on these things. 

I do think that sneaking through an increase on family tickets via the child part when a lot of people are still finding things tough isn't the right way to go about things.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 1:21pm

Lots of issues. 25% price increase. Being told there’s no price increase. Being told that adult prices remain unchanged but they’re increasing adult tickets on the family season ticket. Not having the freedom with family season ticket to move to a cheaper category. Having to pay half the season ticket amount 1 month before Christmas where last year I could pay on March 1st. I’m sure there’s more than that but that’s all I can think of at the moment.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 1:21pm

Just to clarify, mine was a genuine question - Being out of Ireland most of the time I don't know on these things. 

I do think that sneaking through an increase on family tickets via the child part when a lot of people are still finding things tough isn't the right way to go about things.

And to add the seating options for family tickets are of much worse quality.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 1:23pm

I agree with that also, I'm just curious would certain people still not renew the ST if the increase had been communicated earlier.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 2:33pm
How do we still have people trying to claim that 2 friendlies and 3 nations league games on a season ticket which in some instances is costing 325.50 is value.

It's absolute robbery to maintain the price from a qualification campaign. A campaign that had France and Holland.

Theres also the strong possibility that there will be five games vs 6 - bear in mind the last season ticket had 4 competitive homes. This one has a max of 3 competitives. So there could be a credit, that doesnt help people that have to pay for a game that probably wont even happen next year right now.

Possibility of Wales, Finland and Kazakhstan in a group with some crap friendlies vs Latvia and New Zealand calibre sh*te. England and Norway (and that's only with a fit Haaland) are the only two teams that make the ticket worth anything financially. Because every single game here will see availability and people can pick and choose which they attend.

Does anybody actually think that tickets for the nations league will be hard to get? And you have to pay half before Christmas too just because.

Season ticket waiting list. Give me a break. There'll be thousands not renewing.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 2:44pm

How do we still have people trying to claim that 2 friendlies and 3 nations league games on a season ticket which in some instances is costing 325.50 is value.

It's absolute robbery to maintain the price from a qualification campaign. A campaign that had France and Holland.

Theres also the strong possibility that there will be five games vs 6 - bear in mind the last season ticket had 4 competitive homes. This one has a max of 3 competitives. So there could be a credit, that doesnt help people that have to pay for a game that probably wont even happen next year right now.

Possibility of Wales, Finland and Kazakhstan in a group with some crap friendlies vs Latvia and New Zealand calibre sh*te. England and Norway (and that's only with a fit Haaland) are the only two teams that make the ticket worth anything financially. Because every single game here will see availability and people can pick and choose which they attend.

Does anybody actually think that tickets for the nations league will be hard to get? And you have to pay half before Christmas too just because.

Season ticket waiting list. Give me a break. There'll be thousands not renewing.

Personally my season ticket is €200 so 6 games €33 per game, great value for me, no complaints there.

I go to watch Ireland play, couldn't care less who it's against, be it Kazakhstan or England so I'm not interested in the argument of what players the other team has because I'm not there to watch them play. 

Everyone will perceive the value differently, seat location, how many games you think you'll get to etc but €33 for me to go to an international game, not turning that down.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net