Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58737
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 8:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Racist comments directed at Irish players
Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Subject: Racist comments directed at Irish players
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:42pm
I was very saddened and disappointed to read the FAIs statement that some young players in our youth setup teams were the target of some racist comments this week. I hope that shít does not creep in to the Aviva at all, or any game really. I'd like to think lads in the stadiums would be calling it out if they see it

Replies:
Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:46pm
I might be wrong but I saw the comment on twitter. It was from your average, typical gimp behind a fake name and profile who calls himself a patriot. I think the reaction he got was exactly what he wanted to be honest. Some unbelievable ****s out there. 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I might be wrong but I saw the comment on twitter. It was from your average, typical gimp behind a fake name and profile who calls himself a patriot. I think the reaction he got was exactly what he wanted to be honest. Some unbelievable ****s out there. 

Thats all it is. Best ignored and deleted rather than called out.

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:37am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

The problem was that our far right friends starting retweeting the original tweet and commenting on it. If it had just been a solitary tweet, not many people would even have noticed but the bigots started piling in.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 9:57am
I don't think it should be ignored - the perpetrator should be tracked down and if resident here, charged with hate crimes.
Twitter can find the poster very easily if criminal charges are brought as we've seen a few times with racist fcks in the UK targetting players.

Posted By: pateen
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 2:26pm
Who exactly was it directed at ... or just at players with non Irish names in general?

-------------
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Who exactly was it directed at ... or just at players with non Irish names in general?

Comments I seen were on the posts of the u15s last week that had 6 black players starting, questioning their ages and asking if this was the Ivory Coast or Ireland and other bollocks.

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

It was the usual hateful racist garbage. They tweeted the pre-match team photo : I can't remember the wording, but it was along the lines that anyone black wasn't a real Irish person and shouldn't be on the team.

Posted By: TheNumber6
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 3:20pm
Same fella had an Israel flag in his bio. Fair chance he’s an American bot. Danger is the Issue is perceived as Irish footballing fans turning on their own. Save for the very rare exception, this isn’t the case. 

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 3:24pm
Keyboard warriors! I would imagine anyone firing out racist remarks in the stands would get a well deserved slap or two.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net