URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58600
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 10:48am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: FAI Cup
Posted By: Sham157
Subject: FAI Cup
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 6:16pm
Derry City vs Shelbourne

Looking forward to this Sunday. Derry bringing huge numbers down and I think they'll be the ones heading home happy.  Hopefully a decent neutral turnout. Always a cracking day in LR. 

Replies:
Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 6:35pm
Should be good. Duffer nuts saying this is the pinnacle of his career though!

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Derry City vs Shelbourne

Looking forward to this Sunday. Derry bringing huge numbers down and I think they'll be the ones heading home happy.  Hopefully a decent neutral turnout. Always a cracking day in LR. 

More Derry fans than Shels?

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Why? Maybe he feels it actually is.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 7:39pm
Have been impressed by Derry this season. Have been slick any time they've played pats, including two wins in Inchicore.

Purely selfish reasons, but pats could do with a Derry win. Shels are crap but dogged. Would be a right kick in the balls to see them in Europe next year.

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Well then he ie even more stupid than he looks Big smile.

Can't compare the career moments aan general career he has had as a player (an elite prem player, prem winner, cup winner, World Cup appearances, score at World Cup, 100 odd caps for ireland, most expenisve irish player for a long time) with getting to an FAI cup final after beating only one team from the Premier division in a poor Bohs team . 

Nah he wears his heart on his sleeve and makes these grand statements.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 8:13pm
On the face of it it may seem like a throwaway comment but i can totally see why he could mean it. As a player you just turn up. Of course you have to have the talent and work ethic but its just you. As a manager your responsible for the whole squad and all that goes with it off the field. If he won the cup i can absolutely see how he could see it as one of his best achievements. Even in the work setting..management looks easy until you become a manager. Then you know what goes on behind it.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 6:40am

On the face of it it may seem like a throwaway comment but i can totally see why he could mean it. As a player you just turn up. Of course you have to have the talent and work ethic but its just you. As a manager your responsible for the whole squad and all that goes with it off the field. If he won the cup i can absolutely see how he could see it as one of his best achievements. Even in the work setting..management looks easy until you become a manager. Then you know what goes on behind it.

Exactly right and as Duffer is at the start of his managerial career it would be a notable achievement.

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 7:42am
Duffer says stuff like this every week, he’s a headcase. I don’t believe a word of it but he’s box office, he creates column inches. 

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 8:50am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Duffer says stuff like this every week, he’s a headcase. I don’t believe a word of it but he’s box office, he creates column inches. 

+1. He is great for the league in fairness, especially around Shels like, they have become a team being talked about and tracked more in the media and its kind of down to Duff being there.

It would be a great achievement for him especially if they beat Derry. Just daft to say it tops everything from his playing days. 

One or two more high profile ex internationals coming into the league to manage teams could create even more of buzz. 

Posted By: Glen of Aherlow
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:19pm

+1. He is great for the league in fairness, especially around Shels like, they have become a team being talked about and tracked more in the media and its kind of down to Duff being there.

It would be a great achievement for him especially if they beat Derry. Just daft to say it tops everything from his playing days. 

One or two more high profile ex internationals coming into the league to manage teams could create even more of buzz. 

He come across as a bit of a LOI Jose Mourinho at times 

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Derry City vs Shelbourne

Absolutely. Our support base is quite small - Derry would have a lot of fans that don't regularly attend games that will come on Sunday. We'll be well outnumbered 

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 3:48pm

Well then he ie even more stupid than he looks Big smile.

Can't compare the career moments aan general career he has had as a player (an elite prem player, prem winner, cup winner, World Cup appearances, score at World Cup, 100 odd caps for ireland, most expenisve irish player for a long time) with getting to an FAI cup final after beating only one team from the Premier division in a poor Bohs team . 

Nah he wears his heart on his sleeve and makes these grand statements.

He backed up that quote this week saying he means it. He had a lot of self doubt coming in and taking the role, and feels bringing Shels to a cup final in his first season tops everything. 

He's had a few quotes that have backfired this season (saying we were a sleeping giant and then a few weeks later correcting an interviewer after he said the same thing, saying he's not a badge kisser and then pics emerge of him kissing the badge at Chelsea, Fulham etc) but nobody could say his heart and soul isn't 100% in the job. From talking to anyone involved in the club, he is absolutely obsessed with the job and gives it his absolute all. The fans love him

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Have been impressed by Derry this season. Have been slick any time they've played pats, including two wins in Inchicore.

Purely selfish reasons, but pats could do with a Derry win. Shels are crap but dogged. Would be a right kick in the balls to see them in Europe next year.

We were crap at the start of the season but I certainly wouldn't call us crap now. Moylan, Farrell, Boyd and Smith are an absolute handful for any side up front, and our results over the past 3 months really don't do our performances justice.

Derry are of course big favourites but we've already beaten them and drawn with them away from home this season, and lost at home to a last minute winner, so should have absolutely nothing to fear. 

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Glen of Aherlow Glen of Aherlow wrote:

This is him to a tee, an absolute whinger LOL. You'd swear he's the only manager who has ever made sacrifices the way he goes on. Easily the most dislikable person in the LOI at the moment. The job he has done with Shels is a bit overrated IMO, still finished 7th with a FT team, albeit a team full of average players, excluding the likes of Moylan, Farrell and Boyd. Getting to the final in his first season is a good achievement though.

That being said, they have improved since the early part of the season. Farrell is by far their most important player, has a level of quality no one else has and would be a major loss for them in the final. Also, the club is definitely on the rise, and should attract better players for next season. You can tell that the players love playing for him and the fans are behind him. As dislikable as he is, he's the type of manager you'd love if he was at your club.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 6:34am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Derry City vs Shelbourne

Absolutely. Our support base is quite small - Derry would have a lot of fans that don't regularly attend games that will come on Sunday. We'll be well outnumbered 

Any idea of the overall ticket sales for Sunday?

Thanks 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Glen of Aherlow Glen of Aherlow wrote:

This is him to a tee, an absolute whinger LOL. You'd swear he's the only manager who has ever made sacrifices the way he goes on. Easily the most dislikable person in the LOI at the moment. The job he has done with Shels is a bit overrated IMO, still finished 7th with a FT team, albeit a team full of average players, excluding the likes of Moylan, Farrell and Boyd. Getting to the final in his first season is a good achievement though.

That being said, they have improved since the early part of the season. Farrell is by far their most important player, has a level of quality no one else has and would be a major loss for them in the final. Also, the club is definitely on the rise, and should attract better players for next season. You can tell that the players love playing for him and the fans are behind him. As dislikable as he is, he's the type of manager you'd love if he was at your club.

We're not full time this season - hopefully will be from next season. Most of the players have full time jobs outside of Shels. We had the lowest budget this season outside of UCD and Harps, and had a completely new squad of players (some very average ones). Go getting to a Cup final and staying up is a really good first season for him IMO

-------------

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 7:22pm
one of your players is on over a grand a week, 1250 I was told, some part time that.
I’d say drogs harps ucd  well below your budget, and probably on the same as bohs and Sligo.
Shams Derry pats and Dundalk would be up a level admittedly , 
no doubt bohs budget will be as big next season with an increase on the coaching side, but if duff and shels get Europe that must surely up the spend?

-------------
No Pasaran!

Posted By: Nah Nah Nah Nah
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 9:53pm

Derry City vs Shelbourne

Any idea of the overall ticket sales for Sunday?

Thanks 

Passed the 30k mark

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 4:11pm
I’ve a pair of Premium Tickets for tomorrow going spare if anyone wants them. Free to a good home if anyone wants them

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I’ve a pair of Premium Tickets for tomorrow going spare if anyone wants them. Free to a good home if anyone wants them

I’d defo take them if they are still going please? Can DM details 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:27pm
Prefer to see Shels win than stroke city....though I think the strokes will win.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 8:24pm
I fancy Shels to win it tomorrow. Don't know why just a feeling. 

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 10:03pm
I’ve backed Shels tomorrow, haven’t placed a bet in months but couldn’t resist 11/2. 
They’re a crazy side, won I think 1 game in the league in August September & October yet were still capable of mixing it with Rovers & the bigger sides. 
They’ve a siege mentality sorta thing going which works in the short term, so who knows. Derry have been a bit hit & miss all season & I think everyone agrees Rovers should’ve won the league by a lot more. 
Should be an interesting game, Smith is a big loss for Shels, and one that I hadn’t factored in Cry

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 2:36pm
Bitta trouble in Irishtown already 

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 3:26pm
Good finish to put Derry 1 up. Derry look much the better side so far. Another and the game could be over you feel.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 3:36pm
Eh game over

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 3:43pm
Looking like European football next year for Pats 😎

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 3:50pm
Men against boys...shels unlucky for first goal with the deflection but since  then its one way traffic...

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Looking like European football next year for Pats 😎

Great day to be alive

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 4:45pm
Shels brutal & set up very poorly for the big pitch. Scrappy do got it wrong defensively 

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:13pm
Derry won that so easy. Made Shels look like a 1st div outfit. Damien will be grumpy tonight LOL

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:24pm
Actually Damien did a good interview there. Not too downbeat. Looking at the positives while acknowledging Derry were the better side. 

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:25pm
Ps. I fooking hate that Teenage Kicks song. Awful horrible stop playing it for the love of God

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:27pm

Actually Damien did a good interview there. Not too downbeat. Looking at the positives while acknowledging Derry were the better side. 
Didn’t see the interview, what were the positives he mentioned   They brought about 4000 fans, were poorly set up and took a hiding 🤷‍♂️ 

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:31pm
Ah he just wasn't trying to be too downbeat. He actually said on paper ot looks like a humiliation but they were a young side and they would learn. Gave Derry plently of credit. Just said they would learn and they were in the PL again next yr and try to build. Along those lines. Quite calm and spoke well i thought. Im sure deep down hes gutted 

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:32pm

Ah he just wasn't trying to be too downbeat. He actually said on paper ot looks like a humiliation but they were a young side and they would learn. Gave Derry plently of credit. Just said they would learn and they were in the PL again next yr and try to build. Along those lines. Quite calm and spoke well i thought. Im sure deep down hes gutted 
Fair enough Thumbs Up

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:41pm

Didn’t see the interview, what were the positives he mentioned   They brought about 4000 fans, were poorly set up and took a hiding 🤷‍♂️ 

Just said they were a very young side and to win the game they would have had to have a perfect performance. He didn't think they played particularly well and that Derry deserved the win.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:46pm
Was still a more entertaining final as a neutral compared to the last few that were incredibly cagey games where nobody really threatened until the last few minutes of the game for fear of being first to concede.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:53pm

Shels 

https://mobile.twitter.com/tallaght_saint/status/1591833443654139904" rel="nofollow - https://mobile.twitter.com/tallaght_saint/status/1591833443654139904

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Shels 

https://mobile.twitter.com/tallaght_saint/status/1591833443654139904" rel="nofollow - https://mobile.twitter.com/tallaght_saint/status/1591833443654139904

You wud have to wonder why these morons go to games. What to get tanked up beforehand and hope a fight breaks out. Absolute scum a lot of them

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 6:05pm
The crowd would have been over 40k if Derry were playing any of the other 3 Dublin teams, Sligo, Cork or Dundalk.

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 6:10pm

Ps. I fooking hate that Teenage Kicks song. Awful horrible stop playing it for the love of God
You absolute ****. That boy is a classic, probably the finest 3 minutes of pop ever written . 

-------------
No Pasaran!

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

You absolute ****. That boy is a classic, probably the finest 3 minutes of pop ever written . 

Its like nalis on a blackboard to me everytime i hear it.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 6:31pm
Well done Derry delighted for them.

Clap

-------------

Posted By: Greener92
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 12:23am

Shels 

Tramps. Wouldn’t mind if there was a decent slap thrown. Too many clowns going around thinking they are McGregor these days 

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 5:02am

Bitta trouble in Irishtown already 

It'll be interesting to see whether they'll be advised to close for the final next year. 

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 7:18am

An all time classic.   Name a better song about having a wank.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 9:10am

Well done Derry delighted for them.

Clap

DMThumbs Down

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 9:25am
Went to the game, good day out, as always a solid display by both sets of fans.

On the pitch, there was a big gap between the teams. From what I've seen of Shels this season they're quite negative, built to score on the break, when they conceded the first there wasn't much of a chance to do that. That number 17 for Shels badly misjudged the flight of the ball for the first goal as LB, he then got switched to the other side and was caught out there for the second goal.

Shels never laid a glove on Derry really, one free around the post was about as close as I remember. The shot off the bar for Derry would have been a cracker of a goal.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 10:13am
A disappointing day and a harsh way to end a season for us. We've played Derry 3 times this season and been very competitive in all games (won and drew in the Brandywell and lost in Tolka to a last minute winner), but were completely outplayed and outclasses on Sunday. The occasion seemed to get the better of them (average squad age is 22) and they just didn't turn up.

Hats off to Derry, they travelled in huge numbers and destroyed us on the pitch. Very worthy winners

Duffer has already said our budget for next year will be significantly lower than the 6 teams who finished ahead of us, unless the Southampton owners do take us over) so to finish 7th and get to a cup final really was a great season for us

-------------

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 6:27pm

Shels 

Gobsh*tes alright but why is it always Pats fans who seem to always post about Shels the obsession is off the wall.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Shels 

Gobsh*tes alright but why is it always Pats fans who seem to always post about Shels the obsession is off the wall.

It's in yooooouuuurrr  heeeeaaaaddd

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 6:40pm

Shels 

Fat Pat shouldn't have played a banger....

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Shels 

It's in yooooouuuurrr  heeeeaaaaddd

LOL

Posted By: saintjoey
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 6:48pm

Shels 

I think pats fans find shels and the supporters very amusing. I know I do I'd imagine that's why

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 10:50am
Does anybody know which weekend the next round is on?

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The 18th of Aug

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 11:00am
Draw is tomorrow as well

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 11:09am
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The 18th of Aug
Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 11:35am
Rubbish competition Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 11:40am

Rubbish competition Tongue

I would be 100% in agreement if my local team hadn't made it through!

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 2:21pm
Weekend starting August 18 afaik.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 2:42pm
2022 Cup Final over a long time now....as for the 2023 iteration, who gives a bollocks

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Draw is tomorrow as well

Is on live on  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTE_2FM" rel="nofollow - RTE 2FM  on the 'Game On' radio programme this evening between 18:00 - 19:00

-------------

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 11:46am
Nothing like a good ole' radio draw for the cup ConfusedLOL

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 12:20pm
they’re truly sh*te.

-------------
No Pasaran!

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

they’re truly sh*te.

They should get Rod Stewart to do it.

Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 6:26pm

FAl Cup second-round draw:

Finn Harps v Skerries Town

Derry City v St Patrick's Athletic

UCD v Galway United

Cork City v Waterford

St Patrick's CYFC v Wexford

Bohemians v Rockmount

Kerry v Drogheda United

Bray Wanderers v Dundalk

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 6:28pm
👍

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 6:29pm
From a Bohs perspective I don’t think it could’ve been a better draw. 
One of Pats & Derry, Waterford & Cork, Galway & UCD all going out. 

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 6:46pm

Don't forget Bray and Dundalk too Wink

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Don't forget Bray and Dundalk too Wink
Yeah sorry Thumbs Up should’ve included them. 

Posted By: Jackal
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 1:45pm
I'd say Cork City and Waterford will be off. It's fair wet here.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 11:21pm
Very very easy win for Harps. Skerries were very poor. A long way off Kilbarrack's level in the first round

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 8:01pm
toothless between pats and Derry, penalties just about the fairest outcome.

-------------
No Pasaran!

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 10:35am
Funnily enough Vinny Perth was saying the other day that Michael Duffy would be the last player he’d want taking a peno. Awful attempt yesterday.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 10:06pm

BOHEMIANS

CORK CITY

DROGHEDA UNITED

DUNDALK

FINN HARPS

GALWAY UNITED

ST PATRICK'S ATHLETIC

WEXFORD

The line up for the 1/4 finals. 

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 10:10pm
No real surprises in that round, would a rerun of 2021 sell out the Aviva, Bohs & Pats seem to be the biggest supported clubs in the league at the moment. 

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 11:02pm

Bohs & Pats seem to be the biggest supported clubs in the league at the moment. 

Reduce you sh*tty stadium to an even smaller attendance so you sell out every game.Then bring a massive away crowd 2km away.  A great plan by them 👏 LOL

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Reduce you sh*tty stadium to an even smaller attendance so you sell out every game.Then bring a massive away crowd 2km away.  A great plan by them 👏 LOL
Bohs have a higher average attendance than Cork depite the ground holding over 2500 less. Corks last home game had 2800 and Bohs lowest was still over 4000 I’m not sure what your point is 

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:45am
Draw at 12.30 today 

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 10:54am

In the whole league? Sure Rovers average attendance is 1,500 a week higher than either team?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 11:31am

In the whole league? Sure Rovers average attendance is 1,500 a week higher than either team?
Yeah posting with a few beers taken last night I meant of those left in the cup.
Rovers attendances are a curious one, their lowest attendance is their most recent & is lower than Pats & Bohs lowest. 

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 12:26pm

Yeah posting with a few beers taken last night I meant of those left in the cup.
Rovers attendances are a curious one, their lowest attendance is their most recent & is lower than Pats & Bohs lowest. 

Bandwagoners Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 12:59pm
Drogs V Bohs 
Harps V Pats 
Galway V Dundalk 
Cork V Wexford 

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 2:42pm

Drogs V Bohs 
Harps V Pats 
Galway V Dundalk 
Cork V Wexford 

Unreal tie for Bohs. They'll bring some crowd all the up that long road to Drogheda 

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 3:02pm

Drogs V Bohs 
Harps V Pats 
Galway V Dundalk 
Cork V Wexford 

Unreal tie for Bohs. They'll bring some crowd all the up that long road to Drogheda 
LOL

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 4:21pm
Amazing Cork fans getting involved in a tit for tat about supporters , club has folded on several occasions because the fans have given up after a few bad results .

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Amazing Cork fans getting involved in a tit for tat about supporters , club has folded on several occasions because the fans have given up after a few bad results .

Win the league, overspend, go bust. Come back again. Been working grand for 100 years.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 5:53pm

Drogs V Bohs 
Harps V Pats 
Galway V Dundalk 
Cork V Wexford 

It’s a terrible draw, especially away. 

-------------

Posted By: Phil Babb
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:34pm
Cork City are the real winners of that draw. Having a sh*tter of a season and draw a mid table first division side at home for a place in the semi final.

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 7:40am
I don't think anyone can be too unhappy. Most clubs will fancy their chances to get through.

Would have preferred a home draw but thems the breaks 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 7:49am
There's  good chance that Cork City and Wexford will be called off due to the rain.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 8:29pm
Some score in Galway 

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 8:37pm
Wexford 1 up, Finn Harps 1 up, Galway 4 up, the IPD boys are taking one hell of a beating!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 8:37pm

Some score in Galway 

Holy fcuk. Harps 1 up in that haybarn in Ballybofey aswell

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 8:40pm

Some score in Galway 

Holy fcuk. Harps 1 up in that haybarn in Ballybofey aswell

And Wexford too, all three first v Premier ties going to the first team at Ht. 

Would still fancy Jays mind. 

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 8:41pm
Shud have shown one of these games on tv tonight

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 8:50pm
It's clear we should be sending the First Division sides to Europe!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net