Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58588
Printed Date: 08 May 2024 at 1:07pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ireland U21s - 2025 Campaign
Posted By: Greenie50
Subject: Ireland U21s - 2025 Campaign
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 4:40pm
Thought I'd make a new thread as the others I searched for were dedicated to previous campaigns.

Next campaign is for players born on/after the 1st of January 2002.

This is the player pool as far as I can see.
Mostly 02/03 born.
Players in [brackets] are 04/05 born.
Players in bold have U21 caps:
                                                         ST                       
                                       Emakhu            Armstrong   
                                       Carty                Kenny 
                                       Odubeko          Calum Kavanagh 
                                       [O'Mahony]     Cian Kavanagh
                                       [Lonergan]        [Fraser]

LW                                                                  RW      
                O'Neill                              AM                           Costelloe
                Oko-Flex                      Moran                        [Vata]
                Springett                     Gilsenan                      Burns
                Goodrham                     Leavy                         Duffy 
                O'Kane                         [Vaughan]                    [Umeh]
                Hayes                           Mooney                        Harkin
                Fitzhugh                                                           Fitzgerald

CM                         CM        
                                      Hodge                   Phillips 
                                      Lawal                    Adeeko 
                                      Healy                    [Murphy] 
                                      [McJannet]           Henry-Francis
                                      Corbally                 Noonan  
                                      McCormack           Adebambo
                                      Ibrahim                  John Patrick

LB/LWB                                                                                           RB/RWB   
 Adaramola                                                                                      [Curtis]
 Furlong                                                                                           [Abankwah]
 Greenwood                                     CB                                             Caffrey
 Adedokun          Roughan        Garcia-MacNulty    [Grehan]           Solomon
                         [Murphy]         O'Riordan               L.Kavanagh
                         McGrath           Negru                      Mills
                         Watson            Egan                        Adegboyega
                         Adetoro           Ogungbo                 [Okagbue]
                         Jones              [Heffernan]

GK    
                                                   Keeley
                                                   Brooks
                                                   Cahill
                                                  [Wogan]
                                                   Corcoran
                                                  [Mason]
                                                   Doherty
                                                   Rose
                                                   Blair

I'm sure I missed a few names here and there (& more will pop up as the campaign goes on), so if you want to point them out I'll add them in.
Also, not entirely sure of the positions for a few lads (like Caffrey), and obviously some can play multiple positions.

Goals/Assists (Incl. Friendlies)

Moran - 3 goals, 5 assists
Armstrong - 4 goals, 1 assist
Vata - 5 goals
Emakhu - 3 goals, 1 assist
Oko-Flex - 3 goals
Lawal - 1 goal, 1 assist
Carty - 1 goal, 1 assist
Phillips - 1 goal
Gilsenan - 1 goal
Kenny - 1 goal
O'Neill - 1 goal

Springett - 2 assists
Curtis - 2 assists
Healy - 2 assists
Hodge - 1 assist

[Cannon - 1 goal]

Senior Players still eligible:
Bazunu, Parrott, Omobamidele, Ferguson, Ebosele, Moran

--
Looks like a strong group, RWB might be a problem area if Ebosele is called up to the seniors.
Unlike the previous 2 campaigns, this group should largely be able to stay together for the whole thing.

Replies:
Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 9:35am
Goodidea for a thread, I'd suggest you rename it with 2023/24 at the end though or it will get lost on here.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 9:40am
Nice work gathering the names.
We look very light at the back based on the list as it stands, and the goalkeeper position is up for grabs.

The draw is on Feb 2nd, I believe, so hopefully we get an idea of the fixtures list soon after that.

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 9:45am
We are ranked 19 in the world - presume that will be good enough for Pot 2?

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 10:55am
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Think the U21s is nine groups rather than ten like the seniors so the hosts would need to be ranked higher than us and we'll scrape into pot 2.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 11:37am
I'm reading the host will be selected on Jan 25th, so on Wednesday this week.
Pot 2 would be a welcome development for sure.

To add, it is also possible we get a match in in March, like we did when Kenny took over.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 11:47am
Hopefully they don't push for a qualifier in March and they decide to have a training camp instead. Still think they should have had one back in November.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 11:21am
Seems last month Dan Rosé left Schalke and is now playing with US college team Marshall Thundering Herd.

Posted By: Bainneban
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Seems last month Dan Rosé left Schalke and is now playing with US college team Marshall Thundering Herd.

A permanent move or a loan? Still a very young guy so possibly focusing on college instead of football?

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 2:39pm
That was a permanent move for him. I think dropping to that level means he's sh*t, basically.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Bainneban Bainneban wrote:

A permanent move or a loan? Still a very young guy so possibly focusing on college instead of football?

He's just not that great, looked fairly poor any time he played underage for us. I'd say he's just trying to get as much out of the experience as he can.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Bainneban Bainneban wrote:

Going to the US for college it's a bit of both. Gets a fully paid scholarship likely and you've always got the MLS draft to get picked up in.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 2:44pm
Not sure who will be our Under 21 keeper for the next campaign - could be a weak spot again like last time. Maher started well enough but got worse as time went on. There's a couple of young Irish keepers playing PL2 at Tottenham - Josh Keeley and Aaron Maguire. Might be one of them that gets the jersey.

Posted By: PaddyMaddenIsCounty!
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 2:47pm
Arlo Doherty probably in with a shout as well 

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 5:32pm
I remember an Athletic interview with him which stated his mother is a surgeon and his father a barrister so him taking the education opportunity instead of slipping down from Schalke in Europe or within England is not that surprising. Not saying he would have had a load of offers at a great standard but I can see why he has gone the college route. 

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

I remember an Athletic interview with him which stated his mother is a surgeon and his father a barrister so him taking the education opportunity instead of slipping down from Schalke in Europe or within England is not that surprising. Not saying he would have had a load of offers at a great standard but I can see why he has gone the college route. 

Being a goalkeeper he could have 20 years left in his career too. Plenty of time to get a decent education and make a go at possibly playing professional again.

Rory Gaffney talked about life after football for him in an interview. He's got a degree in accounting and started his ACCA exams while playing in England. Don't wanna be in your late 20s playing at a sh*t level with nothing to fall back on.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:49pm

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Think the U21s is nine groups rather than ten like the seniors so the hosts would need to be ranked higher than us and we'll scrape into pot 2.

Slovakia have been confirmed as the hosts. So the question is whether they were ranked higher than us or not in the seedings. It looks like they were the highest ranked third seed last time and they came second in their group, so that would suggest there's a decent chance that they would have been above us and we might well get bumped up to second seeds ahead of the draw.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 8:31pm
I took Ferguson out of the squad in the first post, it seems unlikely that he'll go back to the U21s at this point.

Would imagine Cannon will get the nod for starting striker for March as he'll be playing regularly in the Championship. If we're going 2 up top, Odubeko, Kenny & Armstrong likely fight for the second spot.

Springett & Costelloe getting loans will see them in the frame, but Oko-Flex could miss out (I think he should be involved, but Crawford relies very heavily on on senior gametime to pick his squad).

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Not sure who will be our Under 21 keeper for the next campaign - could be a weak spot again like last time. Maher started well enough but got worse as time went on. There's a couple of young Irish keepers playing PL2 at Tottenham - Josh Keeley and Aaron Maguire. Might be one of them that gets the jersey.

Keeley was with the last squad for the Israel games so he'll probably get the first shot at it.

Think Maguire will stay with the U19s.

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Nice work gathering the names.
We look very light at the back based on the list as it stands, and the goalkeeper position is up for grabs.

The draw is on Feb 2nd, I believe, so hopefully we get an idea of the fixtures list soon after that.

Yeah not many CBs left in the age group with Omobamidele in the seniors, but I think Abankwah is ready to move up. He was captain of the U19s in the last campaign and got 11 caps. Murphy also seems like he could be on an accelerated path.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 8:49pm
Wouldn't be surprised if Crawford goes back to four at the back but we've got a number of left footed CBs in Garcia MacNulty, Roughan, and Murphy if three at the back is preferred.

Could get a decent back five of Ebosele - Abankwah - Lawal - MacNulty - Adaramola. Plenty of pace in the WBs, the CBs are nicely balanced with a right and left footer either side of Lawal.

Posted By: SeaSharp
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 8:57pm

Wouldn't be surprised if Crawford goes back to four at the back but we've got a number of left footed CBs in Garcia MacNulty, Roughan, and Murphy if three at the back is preferred.

Could get a decent back five of Ebosele - Abankwah - Lawal - MacNulty - Adaramola. Plenty of pace in the WBs, the CBs are nicely balanced with a right and left footer either side of Lawal.

Much rather see Roughan at LWB if that were to be the setup. 

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 9:01pm
Wonder if Ebosele will want to be part of this campaign at all. There seemed to be friction between him and Crawford last time around. We seem light in that position so hopefully he is happy to play.

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 9:15pm
Sam Curtis could be promoted to 21s for RWB if Festy dosent fancy it as he has looked more than capable for Pat's in the LOI if not Boyce off Dery is probably the other one who could play there.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 9:28pm
John Ryan at Sassuolo is a RB as well I think, might get a look in for the upcoming campaign.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 9:34pm
Even though Curtis is a young 2005 and would have another year of U19s again next season think we'll see him move up to U21s. Ferizaj and Vata would be another two I think will make the step up.

Zefi given the hype around him will be around pushing for the U21s but if I had to pick just one I'd love for it to be Vata. He's always looked good playing in that number ten role behind the striker. Have always been more impressed with him and Ferizaj for the 2005 group.

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Much rather see Roughan at LWB if that were to be the setup. 

Would likely be Roughan given his experience playing senior games but Crawford has called Adaramola up and given him a start in a must win game back in June.

Not sure what Roughan is like pace wise though he used to be a winger but would like to see us use WBs that have serious pace to threaten teams.

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 9:22am
Friendly  versus Iceland in Turners Cross on March 28th to be announced soon.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 9:41am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Friendly  versus Iceland in Turners Cross on March 28th to be announced soon.
They turned us over twice in the Kenny campaign, 2nd match was under Jim that time.
That cost us.  A good test.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 11:09am
Confirmed now. If they get a good crowd in they should consider moving all the 21s games there. Crowds in Tallaght haven't been great. The IRFU have had success taking the Under 20 rugby games down there so possibly it could work for the FAI also.

Posted By: TheNumber6
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 11:20am
Like the good old days. U21s @ The Cross. 

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Like the good old days. U21s @ The Cross. 
First U21 International in Turners Cross since 2009

-------------

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 1:53pm

Confirmed now. If they get a good crowd in they should consider moving all the 21s games there. Crowds in Tallaght haven't been great. The IRFU have had success taking the Under 20 rugby games down there so possibly it could work for the FAI also.

They used to move the games around between the Cross, RSC and Showgrounds before settling on Tallaght to include games on the season ticket because attendances were shocking everywhere else. I doubt much has changed as they cant compete with the population density of Tallaght never mind Dublin.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:02pm
We've snuck into pot 2 as the 18th and lowest ranked second seeds for this. Draw is on Thursday morning.

Three automatic qualification places available for group runners up as well (in addition to playoffs for the other second placed teams) so it could work out nicely depending on how the draw goes.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:20pm

We've snuck into pot 2 as the 18th and lowest ranked second seeds for this. Draw is on Thursday morning.

Three automatic qualification places available for group runners up as well (in addition to playoffs for the other second placed teams) so it could work out nicely depending on how the draw goes.

Massive boost getting into Pot 2.
Very excited for this campaign...gotta get down to langerland for that friendly Big smile

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 7:09pm
We could have a game as soon as March.

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 8:03pm
I'd doubt there'll be a qualifier in March, and think they'd be stupid to agree to have one of the qualifiers played in March. Let the first game set of qualifiers till September and use both March and June as training camps.

Iceland match is also at the backend of March's window so any qualifier would have to be before the friendly.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 8:18pm
Yeah, we deffo coulda had a March qualifier like we did when Kenny took over,  but the announced friendly would seem to scupper that.
Agree that we can use the March and June windows to bed in the new squad and determine the best formation and staring XI.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 7:21am
Draw this morning 8am

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:28am
Italy (again)
Ireland
Norway
Turkey
Latvia
San Marino

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:02am

Italy (again)
Ireland
Norway
Turkey
Latvia
San Marino

Unfortunately, that looks a pretty tough draw. Dont seem to have been rewarded for our 2nd seeding. Norway are always competitive at U21 level and Turkey have to be a decent 4th seed?

J C

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: djhegzy
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:13am
How have Norway qualified for the tournament this summer and are 3rd seeds, whereas we haven't but are second seeds.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:40am
sh*te draw. Norway were the top ranked third seeds so we didn't really get any benefit from being second seeds.

You'll probably have Ireland, Norway and Turkey taking points off each other all over the place, so not much chance of getting one of the three automatic second place qualification places even if we do manage to come second in the group.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:47am

Italy (again)
Ireland
Norway
Turkey
Latvia
San Marino
Brutal Dead

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:38am
2nd seeds and we get THAT group ugh. Norway and Turkey always seem to have good players coming through. Confused
Its not like we have a good coach either to outsmart the opposition.

Posted By: Nialler
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:42am
Brutal draw. I am sure this will be painful viewing.
Turkey have a lot of nice players coming through.
I still find it perplexing Crawford got another go.
It really was some of the worst footaball I watched recently
 It would not shock me if we came 4th here.
Crawford would probably struggle to hold down a job in the league of Ireland. I don't really get how we place so little prestige in our 21's team.

Spain and England's managers were both promoted to the senior role, as was Kenny. If the association can't see a 21's manager potentially taking the role he should not get the 21's job. Do they think Crawford is viable for the top job?

Posted By: giveittochristie
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:55am
You could look at the group another way and say if the u21s is all about development, its not a bad thing we get such a tough group. 6 great games there.

The problem is with Crawford he will play for results rather than try to develop players/system.

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:03pm
Tough group but not a lot worse than the last one. Much weaker 5/6th seeds this time. Montenegro took points off Italy & Bosnia and Luxembourg took points off ourselves.

Posted By: Banana_RepublicFC
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:08pm
We just have to accept that we aren't going to qualify for U21 tournaments. We came close under Kenny. Had he finished that campaign as the U21 manager, we might have qualified. As long as we're bringing through players who go on to play for the senior team, that's all we can ask for. Qualification is a bonus.

Like Ireland, Italy, Norway and Turkey fast track their best teenage talents.

Italy have already given senior caps to players like Scalvini (19), Miretti (19), Gnonto (19) and Parfundi (16).

Arda Güler (17) is a Turkey senior international.

We could play the likes of Bazunu, Omobamidele, and Ferguson. But won't, as they're already senior internationals.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:11pm
On paper Norway make it look tough, but they may have aged out their better players.
Turkey did nothing of note in the last campaign, but they may have uncovered some incredible 19-year olds.
Italy, we can be sure, are a conveyor-belt of talent and should top the group easy.

But until the first round or two of games have been played, we don't really know how they compare to us.

I agree with Nialler though, watching JC's 21's is a slog and unnecessarily so.
I won't forgive him for ceeding all initiative to Israel in that 2nd leg.
We did the same v's Sweden and smashed & grabbed the win, but the same negative approach ran aground in Israel.
Still, I expect he'll try it again in this campaign, likely to our detriment.

Posted By: Banana_RepublicFC
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:27pm

On paper Norway make it look tough, but they may have aged out their better players.
Turkey did nothing of note in the last campaign, but they may have uncovered some incredible 19-year olds.
Italy, we can be sure, are a conveyor-belt of talent and should top the group easy.

But until the first round or two of games have been played, we don't really know how they compare to us.

I agree with Nialler though, watching JC's 21's is a slog and unnecessarily so.
I won't forgive him for ceeding all initiative to Israel in that 2nd leg.
We did the same v's Sweden and smashed & grabbed the win, but the same negative approach ran aground in Israel.
Still, I expect he'll try it again in this campaign, likely to our detriment.

The two best Norway U21 talents are probably Kristian Arnstad (19, Anderlecht) and Oscar Bobb (19, Man City).

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

The two best Norway U21 talents are probably Kristian Arnstad (19, Anderlecht) and Oscar Bobb (19, Man City).

Cheers.  One lad a PL2 talent, and the other a semi-regular for Anderlecht.
A chance Arnstad gets upped to their seniors.

So who are our best prospects?
Sure, Ferguson, but he's gone up.
Hodge then, I'd say, but he may get promoted out of this squad.

Then we're looking at the likes of Cannon, Odubeko, Armstrong, Costelloe and Garcia-McNulty who would be playing regular enough men's football.
Or some at least.

Others like Adaramola, Lawal, OkoFlex, Moran, O'Neill, Ebosele, Roughan etc. could be decent (and we have high hopes for some, Moran especially) but don't play senior football as yet, so we can call them mostly untested.
Then again, I'd expect Norway's squad to be full of the same type of player.

Looking at Greenie's list of potential squad members, we should not be fearing anyone in this competition bar Italy, who we'll again be lucky to get anything from, as they seem a league above us at this level consistently.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:56pm

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Cheers.  One lad a PL2 talent, and the other a semi-regular for Anderlecht.
A chance Arnstad gets upped to their seniors.

So who are our best prospects?
Sure, Ferguson, but he's gone up.
Hodge then, I'd say, but he may get promoted out of this squad.

Then we're looking at the likes of Cannon, Odubeko, Armstrong, Costelloe and Garcia-McNulty who would be playing regular enough men's football.
Or some at least.

Others like Adaramola, Lawal, OkoFlex, Moran, O'Neill, Ebosele, Roughan etc. could be decent (and we have high hopes for some, Moran especially) but don't play senior football as yet, so we can call them mostly untested.
Then again, I'd expect Norway's squad to be full of the same type of player.

Looking at Greenie's list of potential squad members, we should not be fearing anyone in this competition bar Italy, who we'll again be lucky to get anything from, as they seem a league above us at this level consistently.
Roughan is regular at Lincoln City, can see Cannon developing fast and promoted to seniors before campaign out, above parrot in pecking order at PNE. Wouldn’t surprised see Parrot back in U21s if Obafemi, Ferguson, Connolly hit run of form rest of season

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:08pm
It's a pretty horrible draw considering we are the 2nd seeds. I expect to see a lot of unambitious defensive performances; Crawford is conservative at the best of times and that draw is a lot worse than the best of times.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by PaddyMaddenIsCounty! PaddyMaddenIsCounty! wrote:

Roughan is regular at Lincoln City, can see Cannon developing fast and promoted to seniors before campaign out, above parrot in pecking order at PNE. Wouldn’t surprised see Parrot back in U21s if Obafemi, Ferguson, Connolly hit run of form rest of season

Good point about Roughan.
I was gonna mention Parrott.  It would be a big story were he to drop back.
Connolly set a precendent, and it should be a thing we do more regularly.

Interesting to see what happens come the June window if Troy is still only a bit-part at PNE.
In fact, he's an outsider for next month's senior squad as things stand, but surely he won't join up with the 21's if they only have a friendly in March.

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:14pm
Zero chance Parrott won’t be in the senior squad on merit or not. Obafemi Ferguson Robinson Ogbene Parrott I suspect will be the 5! 

Also little indication that Cannon is ahead of Parrott yet. In 6/7 games time if he’s still starting ahead of Parrott fair enough! Troy couldn’t play last weekend and is only back from injury.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Zero chance Parrott won’t be in the senior squad on merit or not. Obafemi Ferguson Robinson Ogbene Parrott I suspect will be the 5! 

Also little indication that Cannon is ahead of Parrott yet. In 6/7 games time if he’s still starting ahead of Parrott fair enough! Troy couldn’t play last weekend and is only back from injury.
Wouldn’t be so sure, Kenny not afraid drop players. Back to topic of U21s I do feel if parrot doesn’t add goals to his game at championship level he will be overtook and back with under 21s. He has achieved nothing at championship level. He is a good League One player trying to step to championship. Done nothing to make him undropable or indispensable at senior level. Can see him back with U21s for start of campaign.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:53pm

Wouldn’t be so sure, Kenny not afraid drop players. Back to topic of U21s I do feel if parrot doesn’t add goals to his game at championship level he will be overtook and back with under 21s. He has achieved nothing at championship level. He is a good League One player trying to step to championship. Done nothing to make him undropable or indispensable at senior level. Can see him back with U21s for start of campaign.

Given Connolly's start at Hull, I wouldnt be at all surprised to see him included at Troy's expense if he can maintain that form. Despite all the crap on here, he dropped down to the U21s at the management's behest and has now got himself a move which will allow direct comparison with the other eligible attacking players. IMO Parrott will have to at the very least get back to starting regularly at PNE to merit inclusion. Leaving Connolly aside, Idah is back fit again and like it or not Hogan and Keane are still the two best performing eligible strikers in the Championship.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:53pm
If the list is accurate, then the 21's would be picking strikers from Cannon, Odubeko & Armstrong, all of whom have Championshiop/L1 appearances under their belts.

Then you have Kenny, who will be right back in the frame if he recovers the form from before the Celtic jaunt.
Kavanagh has just sealed another L2 loan and could build on the first one to play well enough in that league to stake a claim.
Emakhu not in the picture as things stand.
Tack on the wide-attackers like Costelloe, O'Neill (a squad favourite), OkoFlex and Springett and there's too many players and not enough squad-spaces so some will be left out (I suspect OkoFlex for one).

So plenty of options before coinsidering anyone dropping back from the seniors.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:00pm
compiled this list of eligible players for the championship, all born on or after 1st January 2002
http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog?id=7904081644643713672" rel="nofollow - http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog?id=7904081644643713672

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Given Connolly's start at Hull, I wouldnt be at all surprised to see him included at Troy's expense if he can maintain that form. Despite all the crap on here, he dropped down to the U21s at the management's behest and has now got himself a move which will allow direct comparison with the other eligible attacking players. IMO Parrott will have to at the very least get back to starting regularly at PNE to merit inclusion. Leaving Connolly aside, Idah is back fit again and like it or not Hogan and Keane are still the two best performing eligible strikers in the Championship.

Don’t disagree with the playing regularly part but for me if Troy is playing regularly he will maintain his place in the squad. It’s what I think Kenny will do anyways. Wouldn’t be shocked if he added Connolly as a 6th attacker rather then not bring the 5 I mentioned above if Connolly goes on a decent run. 

Ogbene can always be utilised as a wing back option if stuck. One or two players bound to be injured and there is no guarantee Ferguson will make it yet. 

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Brutal draw.

Ya think?

I'd take it over this group:
England
Serbia
Ukraine
Azerbaijan
Luxembourg
N.Ireland

Spain and England's managers were both promoted to the senior role, as was Kenny.

Ian Baraclough from NI's U-21's too. Though he wasn't terrible (imo), he wasn't up to it, either.

Posted By: giveittochristie
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Brutal draw.

Ya think?

England
Serbia
Ukraine
Azerbaijan
Luxembourg
N.Ireland

Spain and England's managers were both promoted to the senior role, as was Kenny.

Ian Baraclough from NI's U-21's too. Though he wasn't terrible (imo), he wasn't up to it, either.
Well in that group we’d replace Serbia so the group doesn’t look too bad then. Wales and Northern Ireland must be the two teams in Europe with the biggest gap between their senior and u21 rankings? A function of v small player pools I guess, but pretty worrying for the future for both.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Brutal draw.

Ya think?

England
Serbia
Ukraine
Azerbaijan
Luxembourg
N.Ireland

As second seeds that group would have been considerably better than ours overall, likely a straight shootout with Serbia for second place and plenty of points to be picked up from the three lower ranked seeds, so if we did finish second then a good chance of an automatic qualification place.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 9:13pm

Wonder if Ebosele will want to be part of this campaign at all. There seemed to be friction between him and Crawford last time around. We seem light in that position so hopefully he is happy to play.

That friction seemed to arise from Crawford skipping over Ebosele (playing regularly in the Championship) in favour of lads playing in League 2 (O'Connor, Ferry, Wright, Gilbert. None of them pulling up trees, O'Connor playing as a DM for Tranmere).

So it seems it's less "will Festy want to play", and more "will Crawford actually play him".

[Wouldn’t be so sure, Kenny not afraid drop players. Back to topic of U21s I do feel if parrot doesn’t add goals to his game at championship level he will be overtook and back with under 21s. He has achieved nothing at championship level. He is a good League One player trying to step to championship. Done nothing to make him undropable or indispensable at senior level. Can see him back with U21s for start of campaign.

You've got it the wrong way around. It's Cannon that has done nothing in senior football.

Parrott, for Ireland, has 4 goals & 2 assists in 8.2 games.
Himself & Obafemi were our best forwards by a distance in the Nations League (for last year, & actually you can throw in the 2018 & 2020 iterations too).
1 goal, 1 assist & an all around solid performance in our biggest home win of the last 7 years (3-0 vs Scotland).

Parrott has more than earned his spot in the squad as long as he's fit & playing regularly at club level.

Cannon hasn't even played for our U21s yet, he'll need some impressive rise to jump to the senior squad ahead of Parrott. They're both 2002 born, Parrott is miles ahead.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 9:32pm
Was miles ahead, by end of season Cannon will have done more in championship than Parrot will

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

compiled this list of eligible players for the championship, all born on or after 1st January 2002
http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog?id=7904081644643713672" rel="nofollow - http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog?id=7904081644643713672

Cheers for this. I'll add a few Defenders to the original post. Who would you say are the best prospects beyond the ones mentioned?  I'll try to just stick with the ones most likely to get games.

Even though Curtis is a young 2005 and would have another year of U19s again next season think we'll see him move up to U21s. Ferizaj and Vata would be another two I think will make the step up.
Zefi given the hype around him will be around pushing for the U21s but if I had to pick just one I'd love for it to be Vata. He's always looked good playing in that number ten role behind the striker. Have always been more impressed with him and Ferizaj for the 2005 group.

I don't think we'll see Zefi join the U21s this campaign. There's so much attacking competition already and he's only playing U18/U19 for Inter.
Similar with Vata, he would have to get playing regular senior football to push in ahead of the others.

Ferizaj might get a look in as he'll be getting regular games with Rovers, but again, lot of competition ahead of him.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Cheers for this. I'll add a few Defenders to the original post. Who would you say are the best prospects beyond the ones mentioned?  I'll try to just stick with the ones most likely to get games.

I don't think we'll see Zefi join the U21s this campaign. There's so much attacking competition already and he's only playing U18/U19 for Inter.
Similar with Vata, he would have to get playing regular senior football to push in ahead of the others.

Ferizaj might get a look in as he'll be getting regular games with Rovers, but again, lot of competition ahead of him.

Agree re Vata, Zefi, even Ferrizaj - there are just too many attacking options in the 2002 and 2003 age groups, several of whom are playing senior football already. Best to leave them with the U19s and let them develop in their own time, the 2004 crop looks pretty strong also, so they should have a good U19 campaign ahead of them.
2002 - Burns, Odubeko, Cannon, Sotona, Springett, Costelloe, Duffy, Everitt, Parrott, Okoflex, Ebosele
2003 - Armstrong, Moran, Kenny, Emakhu, Harkin, Kavanagh, Hayes, O'Neill

That's 19 attacking players born in 02 or 03 with a pretty defensive coach overseeing the campaign, there will be a lot of disappointed lads, it's just important that Crawford makes sure he doesnt disillusion the best of them, particularly the dual nationals.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:01pm
Dates announced for the upcoming campaign.

September 8, 2023 | Ireland U21 v Türkiye U21
September 12, 2023 | Ireland U21 v San Marino U21
October 13, 2023 | Latvia U21 v Ireland U21
November 17, 2023 | Norway U21 v Ireland U21
November 21, 2023 | Ireland U21 v Italy U21
September 6, 2024 | Türkiye U21 v Ireland U21
September 10, 2024 | Ireland U21 v Latvia U21
October 11, 2024 | Ireland U21 v Norway U21
October 15, 2024 | Italy U21 v Ireland U21

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:06pm
Think there's a game against San Marino missing from that list. Hopefully it's sometime between November 2023 and September 2024 because otherwise there's a 10 month gap between games half way through the group.

At Under 21 level you could have a very different team in September 24 compared to November 23.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:15pm
They've updated it and that missing game is March 2024.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:23pm
Very much a group of two parts, even allowing for that San Marino game in March. We'd probably want to have about 10 points on the board from the five games this autumn, plus three more from San Marino in March.

It's a tough looking run in then in late 2024, I could definitely see the team looking a bit different by then with a few of the 2005 group involved at that stage and some of the 2002s (who would be 22 by then) having either moved up to the seniors or fallen down the order by that point.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:48pm
I think it's highly unlikely we will see any of the 2005 group moved up during the campaign given the sheer quantity of eligible 2002 & 2003 players, particularly in forward areas. We are oddly light at RB/RWB, particularly if Festy doesnt commit, and we are also light enough at CB, so we may see call ups for a couple of the 2004 defenders like Abankwah, Grehan and Alex Murphy. Unlike RB/RWBWe have a plethora of LB/LWB in the 2002/2003 groups - Adaramola, Furlong, Adedokun, Greenwood, Ogungbo and Roughan. Maybe some of these are versatile enough to switch across or play at CB.

We are not madly well stocked in the deeper midfield positions either, will Hodge stay with the U21s at least for the initial 6 months? Killian Phillips and Jack Henry-Francis may be the 2. We have huge depth in terms of wide players, attacking midfielders and strikers in the 02/03 age groups as outlined in previous emails, so much so that the likes of Okoflex, Burns, Kavanagh, Kenny may struggle to make squads let alone the team itself. Amazing when you think Ferguson, Parrott and Ebosele are also eligible (as are Bazunu and Omobamidele). Anyone care to make a stab at a starting XI?

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 4:03pm
I'd say the team is near impossible to call at this point, there are so many options in some positions and so few in others so it's hard to know.

All the same I'd say any of the 05s that kick on at club level could be involved later in the campaign. The likes of Zefi, Vata and Ferizaj will all be 19 by the time the last four games come around and will be fully finished at Under 19 level. Curtis will be 18, so will TKD (who was born in 2006). Some of those might never make that level but some probably will. 

While there's a lot of players in front of them at the moment, it doesn't take much to jump ahead of loads of them at this age group. While someone like Darragh Burns is a decent player and may be in the team at the start of the group, if a Zefi or a Vata broke through at their clubs they could overtake him in the space of a few weeks with a run of club games. We've seen Parrott and Ferguson play at this age group at 17 so every chance we'll see some 19 year olds from the 2005s I'd say.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 4:24pm
I'll have a stab for the craic

1) Keeley 2003
2) Ebosele 2002
3) Adaramola 2003
4) Mac Nulty 2003
5) Lawal 2003
6) Hodge 2002
8) Phillips 2002
10) Moran 2003
7) Armstrong 2003
9) Cannon 2002 
11) O'Neill 2003

That's leaving out lads playing regular mens football like Roughan, Furlong. Odubeko, Burns, Costelloe, Kavanagh, Hayes and Springett leaving aside promising lads at PL and Ch clubs like Okoflex, Mooney, Emakhu, Greenwood and Henry-Francis.

I'm assuming none of Bazunu, Omobamidele, Parrott and Ferguson will be made available.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 6:00pm
That seems a decent stab at a team. Only thing I wouldn't be too sure about is whether Crawford's 4-5-1 setup would allow both Cannon and Armstrong to play together, it might need to be one or the other with a Burns or an Oko-flex type coming in as a winger.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 6:30pm

1) Keeley 2003
2) Ebosele 2002
3) Adaramola 2003
4) Mac Nulty 2003
5) Lawal 2003
6) Hodge 2002
8) Phillips 2002
10) Moran 2003
7) Armstrong 2003
9) Cannon 2002 
11) O'Neill 2003

That's leaving out lads playing regular mens football like Roughan, Furlong. Odubeko, Burns, Costelloe, Kavanagh, Hayes and Springett leaving aside promising lads at PL and Ch clubs like Okoflex, Mooney, Emakhu, Greenwood and Henry-Francis.

I'm assuming none of Bazunu, Omobamidele, Parrott and Ferguson will be made available.

I strongly suspect Roughan will get the nod at LB if we play a back 4. If we play a back 5 he might slot in at LCB. Don’t see how he won’t be in the team he is doing good things at Lincoln from a good judge I was talking to recently he might get a transfer to a better club in the next year or two. 

Josh Keeley is one I’m looking forward to seeing step in. No disrespect to Brian Maher but I wasn’t totally convinced by him and he made a howler for the Israeli goal in the play off. 

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Moran and Hodge flirting with senior team involvement by the latter stages of qualification.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 6:31pm
I added a few CMs & CBs to the opening post. Just guessing at the names though.

March 22, 2024 | Ireland U21 v San Marino U21

I didn't realise the group games would roll all the way through Sept/Oct 2024 (thought it'd finish June '24), so that might well change things a bit in terms of senior call ups and 04/05 lads moving to the U21s.

The senior Nations League games will be Sept, Oct & Nov 2024, & over the next 18 months we'll probably see a good few of the older players retire/be moved on, so there will be opportunities to blood new players.

Coleman will be 36, McClean 35, Stevens 34, Hourihane pushing 34.
Brady, Duffy, Hendrick, Doherty, Egan, Hogan, Christie will all be closer to 33 than 32. Some will probably stay another campaign, but some won't (Christie & Hogan I don't think we'll see again as it is).
Keane would probably be moved on at that point too.

As the U21 lads stand right now, I think Hodge & Ebosele are already on the cusp of the senior squad, if they playing regularly next season especially.
Cannon is playing regularly in the Championship now, could be Hogans replacement over the next 12-18 months.
Moran seems like he's on the cusp of getting more regular minutes for Brighton, if he does we can't ignore him.
Phillips seems like he could progress quickly too.
Oko-Flex is highly rated at West Ham, will likely have another crack at the Championship next season, so he's one to keep an eye on.

So yeah, by Autumn 2024 you could see a few 04/05 lads moved up to the U21s.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 6:41pm
Pretty sure it's always ran till October of the following year and the playoffs are in November. Only finished in June because they needed to play the play offs in September.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 6:59pm

1) Keeley 2003
2) Ebosele 2002
3) Adaramola 2003
4) Mac Nulty 2003
5) Lawal 2003
6) Hodge 2002
8) Phillips 2002
10) Moran 2003
7) Armstrong 2003
9) Cannon 2002 
11) O'Neill 2003

I'll have a go. If it's for the Iceland game next month:

Cannon
       O'Neill   Moran Costelloe
               Hodge Phillips
Roughan MacNulty Lawal Ebosele
                    Keeley

or
           Cannon Armstrong*
                    Moran
Adaramola Hodge Phillips Ebosele
      Roughan MacNulty Lawal
                    Keeley

*I think Johnny Kenny is a much more natural finisher than Armstrong, but the latter is getting minutes in the Championship.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 7:00pm

I added a few CMs & CBs to the opening post. Just guessing at the names though.

March 22, 2024 | Ireland U21 v San Marino U21

I didn't realise the group games would roll all the way through Sept/Oct 2024 (thought it'd finish June '24), so that might well change things a bit in terms of senior call ups and 04/05 lads moving to the U21s.

The senior Nations League games will be Sept, Oct & Nov 2024, & over the next 18 months we'll probably see a good few of the older players retire/be moved on, so there will be opportunities to blood new players.

Coleman will be 36, McClean 35, Stevens 34, Hourihane pushing 34.
Brady, Duffy, Hendrick, Doherty, Egan, Hogan, Christie will all be closer to 33 than 32. Some will probably stay another campaign, but some won't (Christie & Hogan I don't think we'll see again as it is).
Keane would probably be moved on at that point too.

As the U21 lads stand right now, I think Hodge & Ebosele are already on the cusp of the senior squad, if they playing regularly next season especially.
Cannon is playing regularly in the Championship now, could be Hogans replacement over the next 12-18 months.
Moran seems like he's on the cusp of getting more regular minutes for Brighton, if he does we can't ignore him.
Phillips seems like he could progress quickly too.
Oko-Flex is highly rated at West Ham, will likely have another crack at the Championship next season, so he's one to keep an eye on.

So yeah, by Autumn 2024 you could see a few 04/05 lads moved up to the U21s.

A couple more names for your opening post
Jamie Egan - Bristol Rovers
Fionn Mooney - Palace
Darragh Burns - MK Dons
Deji Sotona - Burnley
Dylan Duffy - Lincoln
Matt Everitt - Brighton
Ethan Fitzhugh - Leicester
Stephen Negru - Oxford United
Ciaran Gilligan - Burton Albion

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 7:10pm

That seems a decent stab at a team. Only thing I wouldn't be too sure about is whether Crawford's 4-5-1 setup would allow both Cannon and Armstrong to play together, it might need to be one or the other with a Burns or an Oko-flex type coming in as a winger.

I think Armstrong has the pace to play off either flank, I was thinking 4-3-3 with O'Neill and Armstrong either side of Cannon, Hodge holding with Phillips and Moran given licence, but that's all probably too attacking for Crawford. 

In an ideal world we would mirror the 5-3-2 Kenny favours, but the dearth of centre backs kind of militates against that. 

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 8:47pm
Surely former St Pats player James Abankwah will feature in this squad. A lot of people on here seem to have forgotten about him.

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

Surely former St Pats player James Abankwah will feature in this squad. A lot of people on here seem to have forgotten about him.

Still U19 eligible and may stay with them for their campaign, although he is the most likely to move up imo!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 10:39pm

Fionn Mooney - Palace
Darragh Burns - MK Dons
Deji Sotona - Burnley
Dylan Duffy - Lincoln
Matt Everitt - Brighton

Cheers. I won't include everyone, I'll try to stick with players that have a good chance of getting in. The likes of Everitt & Sotona seems to have barely played any football over the last 2 years, can't see them getting anywhere near these squads.

I have him listed!
Captaining the U19s at the moment & they have the Elite Round at the end of March (& potential finals in June), but he definitely seems to have a higher ceiling than most of the other CBs from the 02/03 groups. Could easily see him being moved up once the competitive U21 games roll around in September.

He has played RWB a few times for the U19s too, so he can cover that weak spot.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 11:18pm

Fionn Mooney - Palace
Darragh Burns - MK Dons
Deji Sotona - Burnley
Dylan Duffy - Lincoln
Matt Everitt - Brighton

Cheers. I won't include everyone, I'll try to stick with players that have a good chance of getting in. The likes of Everitt & Sotona seems to have barely played any football over the last 2 years, can't see them getting anywhere near these squads.

I have him listed!
Captaining the U19s at the moment & they have the Elite Round at the end of March (& potential finals in June), but he definitely seems to have a higher ceiling than most of the other CBs from the 02/03 groups. Could easily see him being moved up once the competitive U21 games roll around in September.

He has played RWB a few times for the U19s too, so he can cover that weak spot.
I think Everitt suffered a lt injury/illness and is working his way back. very highly rated at BHA at one point. Burns is surely in contention and the Lincoln move could push Duffy on. Negru and Mooney surely have a chance just cos of their positions. The others fair enough, although you have Giurgi on there who has moved to Longford?

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 1:44pm
As per Tets on foot.ie, Gabriel Adebambo (2002) made the bench for Stoke in the Championship on Wednesday night, but didnt get on. Might be a lad who will get a chance in midfield, particularly if Hodge and/or Moran move up.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 3:04pm

I think Everitt suffered a lt injury/illness and is working his way back. very highly rated at BHA at one point. Burns is surely in contention and the Lincoln move could push Duffy on. Negru and Mooney surely have a chance just cos of their positions. The others fair enough, although you have Giurgi on there who has moved to Longford?

Hadn't seen that about Giurgi, he was in just because I was casting around for names and couldn't find much. Moving to Longford though, not a good sign, I'll take him out.
I know Caffrey is more of an AM, too. There just isn't much to pick from at RB/RWB.
Calling up Abankwah or Curtis, or moving one of the Wingers (Costelloe, O'Neill, Oko-Flex) back would seem like the most likely solution.

As per Tets on foot.ie, Gabriel Adebambo (2002) made the bench for Stoke in the Championship on Wednesday night, but didnt get on. Might be a lad who will get a chance in midfield, particularly if Hodge and/or Moran move up.

Yeah, I saw that. Don't know if it's because they have injuries or if he's legitimately progressing, hopefully the latter. I put him in anyway.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 3:13pm

Hadn't seen that about Giurgi, he was in just because I was casting around for names and couldn't find much. Moving to Longford though, not a good sign, I'll take him out.
I know Caffrey is more of an AM, too. There just isn't much to pick from at RB/RWB.
Calling up Abankwah or Curtis, or moving one of the Wingers (Costelloe, O'Neill, Oko-Flex) back would seem like the most likely solution.

Yeah, I saw that. Don't know if it's because they have injuries or if he's legitimately progressing, hopefully the latter. I put him in anyway.

A few others to consider, all 2003, all defenders
Leigh Kavanagh CB Brighton
Noah Watson CB Palace
Osa Solomon RB Forest

All 3 have been in and around ROI underage squads at some point. Solomon is also eligible for South Africa, but is a right back apparently.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 3:26pm
Oh and Kian Leavy on loan to Shelbourne from Reading is 2002 

Ryan O'Kane 2003 Dundalk is a good wee player also, but there's loads ahead of him on the flanks

Also, I know Tom Hill (2002) of Liverpool (who is a midfielder but has played RB on occasion) was called up to an Irish training camp. Not sure on his fitness, he had a serious l/t injury a couple of years back, but if he is eligible and he gets fit, he would surely be in the reckoning.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 4:39pm
Last one I swear Smile These lads featured in an U20 game under Crawford in March 2022 ostensibly so he could have a look ahead of the upcoming u21 campaign. Some I'm not sure are close to good enough (Sobowale/Neville). Some I'm not sure on eligibility (Flynn Clarke played U19 for Scotland, but was rumoured to be switching)

H. NEVILLE FB 26/06/2002 INTER MIAMI
TIMI SOBOWALE FB 22/01/2002 FLORA SK
C. O'RIORDAN CB 19/10/2003 CREWE
Z. DELANEY CB 10/01/2002 INVERNESS
K. ROBINSON ST 08/11/2002 SHELBOURNE
M. HEALY CM 12/04/2002 CORK CITY* (IPSWICH)
F. CLARKE CM 19/12/2002 NORWICH

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 1:25pm

Made the bench for Stoke again on Saturday, unused unfortunately!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 8:50pm
Trevor Crolly coming in to replace John O Shea in the set up. TC & Crawford were sat together watching Bohs beat Dundalk on Friday 

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 11:11pm

Noah Watson CB Palace
Osa Solomon RB Forest

All 3 have been in and around ROI underage squads at some point. Solomon is also eligible for South Africa, but is a right back apparently.

Ryan O'Kane 2003 Dundalk is a good wee player also, but there's loads ahead of him on the flanks

Also, I know Tom Hill (2002) of Liverpool (who is a midfielder but has played RB on occasion) was called up to an Irish training camp. Not sure on his fitness, he had a serious l/t injury a couple of years back, but if he is eligible and he gets fit, he would surely be in the reckoning.

Thumbs Up

Added in a few of those. F.Clarke looks like he played for Scotland's U21s in September, so I'll leave him out.

We'll have a better idea of the pecking order late next week. Will be interesting to see the first squad of the new campaign.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 11:30pm

Noah Watson CB Palace
Osa Solomon RB Forest

Thumbs Up

Added in a few of those. F.Clarke looks like he played for Scotland's U21s in September, so I'll leave him out.

We'll have a better idea of the pecking order late next week. Will be interesting to see the first squad of the new campaign.
Cheers, yeah looking forward to squad announcement. A few good goals in loi last night, Leavy, Healy, O'Neill all on the scoresheet!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:33pm

Lots to talk about here!

Cannon in.
Ebosele in.
Hodge in.

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:35pm
Defence is wierd. One RB, two CBs and 3 LBs from the looks of it. I think Lawal covers CB too but still bizarre.

Cannon should be in the seniors.

Posted By: 84ccfc84
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:36pm
assume keeley is first choice? corcoran is desperate, not an international keeper at all. might be in just for the game being on down here. 

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Defence is wierd. One RB, two CBs and 3 LBs from the looks of it. I think Lawal covers CB too but still bizarre.

Would expect Roughan to slot in as a LCB presuming we play with a back 3. Cashin an obvious omission not let go for the friendly or just injured? 

McNulty Cashin Roughan perhaps is what he would go?  

As for Cannon while not in the seniors I’m actually happy he’s selected shows he’s interested in playing for us hadn’t seen an actual indication. If he sticks with us he’s an asset.

Posted By: Howdo
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:40pm
Is Cashin overage?

Finn Benoa also not named in any of the squads, what's the story with him these days?

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Would expect Roughan to slot in as a LCB presuming we play with a back 3. Cashin an obvious omission not let go for the friendly or just injured? 

McNulty Cashin Roughan perhaps is what he would go?  

As for Cannon while not in the seniors I’m actually happy he’s selected shows he’s interested in playing for us hadn’t seen an actual indication. If he sticks with us he’s an asset.

Correction Cashin is overage. Thought he was 2002 born. My bad.

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:43pm
Cashin is overage

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 12:50pm
Hopefully the 21s squad are used as a standbye list for the seniors in the case of any injuries.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net