Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58571
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 11:09pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Who will win the World Cup?
Posted By: Artie Ziff
Subject: Who will win the World Cup?
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:57pm
The top 7 places are based off oddschecker.com. 

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Replies:
Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:13am
I will be supporting Brazil.  I like.  Hi 5!

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:39am
Intl football hasn't been this weak in quite some time. Quite a few superpowers running on empty, a lot of teams in transitional phases. I'd say this might be the year where there is a shock winner in the mold of Greece.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 7:25am
Can't vote in the poll going for one of

Brazil, Argentina or Netherlands 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 7:28am
I do agree with Hotlips_Hoolahan a little too there isn't any real stand out team.

It's why I said Netherlands above as I think they are a good outside bet, the likes of Denmark might go far

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 8:04am
Spain

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:51am
I'll take Brazil too, Alison, Silva, Marquinhos, Casimero should have them fairly solid. Neymar, Vinicius Jr, Raphina and Richarlison will score goals.

No standout from Europe. England bang out of form, France on the verge of another meltdown, Spin have gone a long way back from their glory days. Germany would be my favourites of the European teams, look solid all over the park (possibly missing a creator)

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:53am
Argentina.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:58am
Would love to see Argentina win it.
With most of the big nations looking weak at the minute I wouldn't rule out a shock as HH says, maybe someone like Denmark could go far in this. 
If I had to pick now I'd side with France simply due to the size and quality of their squad

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 11:14am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Spain

I have gone for Spain too .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 6:08pm
Brazil for me. 

I had thought Germany for a good while as they have the best manager but their Nations League was a bit underwhelming and they lack a striker - but they are Germans so could easily get their tournament heads screwed on in time.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 7:10pm
Italy

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:29pm
bump 

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'll take Brazil too, Alison, Silva, Marquinhos, Casimero should have them fairly solid. Neymar, Vinicius Jr, Raphina and Richarlison will score goals.

No standout from Europe. England bang out of form, France on the verge of another meltdown, Spin have gone a long way back from their glory days. Germany would be my favourites of the European teams, look solid all over the park (possibly missing a creator)
I'll stick with my Brazil prediction, as for my claim that Germany were the best of the European teams Embarrassed

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:34am
Was very impressed with Portugal the other night. Fancy them to beat Morocco and I’d fancy them against England. Wouldn’t be too sure of them against France. 

I just don’t see it with Brazil.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:35am
France, but hoping for Argentina 

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:36am
Argentina have been sh*te. It will be Brazil or France. Maybe Portugal have an outside chance.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:49am
There's no real stand out teams in this worlds cub.  

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:58am
I still think it will be one of 3 

Funny enough they'll meet at some stage.

Netherlands- seem to be just going about their business probably lack an out & out goal scorer but sure most teams seem to nowadays.

Argentina- The Saudi Arabia result seems to have been the kick they needed and probably knocked the cockiness out of them, I will say they've been in control at every game (bar of course Saudi Arabia) it might not be easy on the eye but they know how to win games.

Brazil - who one of the above will meet in Semi final, again similar to Argentina, they've just patiently controlled games and games they care about they look like they'll just win (Cameroon game was a dead rubber for them tbh given they were already through). They do still have that cockiness about them though which may be their downfall but I think of all the teams so far in the tournament maybe with the exception of France look like they could go up a gear or two if needed.   

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

There's no real stand out teams in this worlds cub.  

I'd argue there's many. France, England, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil all top class. 

Croatia, Morocco and Netherlands all decent second tier sides. Very competitive quarter final line up don't think I've ever been this excited by a world cup.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:27pm
no way Argentina will win it with their back line....when they come up against a decent forward line otamendi will struggle,plus they looked dead on their feet after 90 odd minutes v Australia,imagine what a top team will do to them.

Brazil or France really ......only thing for me is that brazil haven’t played anyone decent either and probably won’t do until the final.I’d be leaning towards France but I do think there a different side if you score first against them,but in mbappe they have a game changer.

France will brush aside England’s challenge,Argentina to get past the Dutch narrowly and then got out to Brazil,France v Portugal has the makings of a great game but France to win and then go on to be eventual winners.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 6:05am
I hope Argentina win it but they haven't a hope. They're a possession based team with average players. Rodrigo de Paul has surprised me by how bad he is on the ball, even though he has great energy. Their best players (Messi and Di Maria) aren't physically capable of doing what they previously could, although they are still capable of great moments. 

I think it's being overlooked how close they came to conceding a late goal, if not 2, against Australia, who were the worst team in the 2nd round. I think they'd have a better chance if they weren't as intent as being a possession team, but they're very open to a counter attack, which is a strong point for a lot of the teams left. Dumfries could have a field day.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 8:40pm
I was wrong. Acuna has had Dumfries in his pocket all game. He's been excellent.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 8:49pm
This referee is Messi’s biggest fan!

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 8:50pm
Holland go route 1 and Argentina are on the ropes a bit
They could have played to midnight and not scored with the tactics they set out with 

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I still think it will be one of 3 

Funny enough they'll meet at some stage.

Netherlands- seem to be just going about their business probably lack an out & out goal scorer but sure most teams seem to nowadays.

Argentina- The Saudi Arabia result seems to have been the kick they needed and probably knocked the cockiness out of them, I will say they've been in control at every game (bar of course Saudi Arabia) it might not be easy on the eye but they know how to win games.

Brazil - who one of the above will meet in Semi final, again similar to Argentina, they've just patiently controlled games and games they care about they look like they'll just win (Cameroon game was a dead rubber for them tbh given they were already through). They do still have that cockiness about them though which may be their downfall but I think of all the teams so far in the tournament maybe with the exception of France look like they could go up a gear or two if needed.   

And very much true to my statement got too cocky last night 

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 4:03pm

I'm a time traveller and Morocco win the world cup.  I have the footage to prove it.

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 4:16pm

I'm a time traveller and Morocco win the world cup.  I have the footage to prove it.
Go on then Doctor Who, throw the footage up here...WinkLOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Go on then Doctor Who, throw the footage up here...WinkLOL

Morocco vs Portugal World Cup quarterfinals: date, times, and how to watch  - AS USA

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 8:26pm
TJ do you want me to create a who will win the next world cup USA 94 and France 98? You can then post up about which teams you would like to win it based on when jerseys were decent, the stadiums they will play in and the way the grass was cut, and sure what music they like too.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net