Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58270
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 6:15am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tayo Adaramola
Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Subject: Tayo Adaramola
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 2:37am
Makes his senior debut for Palace today in the FA Cup off the bench.

18 year-old left back from Dublin of Nigerian heritage developed at Kevin's Boys.  

Moved over to Palace at the age of 12 to join Palace, where he has done very well:

- in their academy (see:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54jNUJxenw" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54jNUJxenw ) and 

- their PL2 teams (see:  https://www.balls.ie/football/tayo-adaramola-crystal-palace-2-488720" rel="nofollow - https://www.balls.ie/football/tayo-adaramola-crystal-palace-2-488720 )

Capped for us at U17 and U19.  

Replies:
Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 11:44am
Great to see.
Big games for our U19's next month and hopefully he will be integral.

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 2:44pm
Makes a PL squad for the first time today.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 6:32pm
Starts tonight for Palace in the cup.

Posted By: greenshoots
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 10:14pm
anyone see the game or get reviews on how he did?

Posted By: geansaí
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 10:28pm
I didn't realise the game was on tv till he was off but it showed him on the bench and the commentator were full of praise for him

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 10:33pm
I watched it up until he was taken off. He was pacy and skillful on the ball, didn't look out of place at all. Very keen to get forward, would suit a left wing back role I think. Maybe one or two positioning issues at times but overall very decent for an 18 year old on his first start. The idea of him flying up and down the left wing for Ireland at some point in the future while Ebosele does similar on the right is appealing.

Should be with the under 21s this month, though probably as an understudy to Bagan for now at least.

Posted By: greenshoots
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 7:58am
Is he not gonna be with the U19's as they head into the Elite Phase of the U19's against Portugal, England and Armenia?

Bagan will surely still be the left back for the U21s later in the month against Sweden.

I had a quick look at the Palace forum. Their fans were giving out about how bad Palace were. Tayo got a rating of 6 I think but it was on par with the rest of the team.

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 8:33am
Yes, you could make the case to leave him with the under 19s, though they have a near impossible task to qualify from that group. I'd say he's our second best left back under 21, so the question is whether the second best left back should be a back up with the under 21s or starting for the under 19s.

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 9:40am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Yes, you could make the case to leave him with the under 19s, though they have a near impossible task to qualify from that group. I'd say he's our second best left back under 21, so the question is whether the second best left back should be a back up with the under 21s or starting for the under 19s.

I'd leave him to play the games with the 19's who play three games in a week or so.
Two huge matches v England and Portugal, and the last v Armenia.

Sure, the task to qualify (only the group winners get through) is onerous, but I'd rather Tayo play those three matches than sit on the bench for the single U21's match and if we put out our best U19 team, I feel it will give all those teams a run for their money.

Posted By: notpropaganda73
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 10:32am
I thought he was very tidy and didn't look out of place in the Palace set up at all. Another exciting prospect!

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 10:48am
He was okay. Ended up watching it he was a bit nervous I thought Viera was barking at him to get forward a bit in the first half. Palace in general lacked rhythm. Was also a bit isolated at times. Zaha disgraced himself to be quite frank his performance only exceeded by his attitude that didn't help the lad

Still was some endorsement to throw him into such a game so young. For context Bissaka and Mitchell were.both 20yo when they made their senior debuts. Adaramola only turned 18 last November hes a baby in football terms. 

Posted By: Jimbhoy
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 7:21pm
I was at the game last night. Tayo was decent and unlucky to be subbed off. Got caught a few times positionally but looked good going forward with zero assistance from Zaha. He was one of our top performers in a poor performance against a decent Stoke side. He has a big job on his hands trying to get ahead of Mitchell in the 1st team. But he is obviously in Vieira's plans which is great at 18. Paddy McCarthy is involved in the youth teams at Palace and would be very supportive of other Irish players

Date Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:50am
Did I read somewhere that Tayo is expected to get game-time over the last two Palace matches?

Big game tonight in so far as Everton are hunting a win to get safe, so won't go down well in Leeds and Burnley of Palace throw the kids out!
But I'd like to see Tayo later.

Date Posted: 19 May 2022 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Did I read somewhere that Tayo is expected to get game-time over the last two Palace matches?

Big game tonight in so far as Everton are hunting a win to get safe, so won't go down well in Leeds and Burnley of Palace throw the kids out!

From what I read they were blooding two lads our own lad Adaramola and an attacking midfielder who's name I can't think of and ain't bothered searching for. 

2 teenagers is hardly throwing the kids out. Would be marvelous if he got a start. Started an FA Cup game recently and it went mixed for him. Held himself well but was targeted and Zaha decided to have one of his customery off games where he didn't bother tracking back to boot.  That didn't help. 

He is very young still. Bissaka and Mitchell are his template and tbf to Adaramola he is ahead of Bissaka and Mitchell when they were his age. Not saying he will turn out like them yet who knows. If he did it would be fabulous. 

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 19 May 2022 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

“It’s important, because that is part of their development,” Vieira said. “It’s good to see them around the first-team, to see their personality and to see how they will conduct themselves in training and in the dressing room with players around.

“That allows me to learn more about them. We have Jes and Tayo training with us. They will be around the first-team for these three [remaining] games and some of the games they will be on the field.

“We need to give them and create these types of opportunities to see how they will react under pressure.”

Might hopefully see him start more cup games next season, he did start one against Stoke in the FA Cup. Possibility that a loan could be an option too.

Posted By: Greenie50
Date Posted: 19 May 2022 at 7:18pm
Well he isn't on the bench tonight, so if he's to get minutes it'll be vs Man Utd on Sunday.

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Well he isn't on the bench tonight, so if he's to get minutes it'll be vs Man Utd on Sunday.
Makes sense. Handy one to break him in.

Date Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:23pm
Ha! Exactly.

Is that other young lad Jesurun Rak-Sakyi? If so, he's on the bench alright.

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:03pm
Not even in the squad

Posted By: giveittochristie
Date Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Not even in the squad
Presumably injured, wonder will Ferguson get a decent run out for Brighton today…

Date Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Not even in the squad
Presumably injured, wonder will Ferguson get a decent run out for Brighton today…

Dont think so, he was pictured with the team in the dressing room on their Twitter just there anyway. Just looked to have just not made the final match day squad.

Date Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Not even in the squad

Dont think so, he was pictured with the team in the dressing room on their Twitter just there anyway. Just looked to have just not made the final match day squad.

Yep took part in full training yesterday and pre game today, apparently. Bad form by Vieria if hes not carrying a knock to publicly say he'll give him minutes then completely leave him out.

Date Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:02pm
Hopefully he heads out on loan next season, Shane Flynn too, we need a couple more LBs coming through.

Date Posted: 23 May 2022 at 11:50am
Disappointing not to see Tayo get even on the bench after the rumours.

But brings home the fact we know about such players now due to the far reach of social media.
Before this generation, a lad who played a few times for the U17's or U19's and was merely on the books of a top team would be unknown to most everyone bar his family, friends and underage coaches.

Yet here we are talking about the lad.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just that it is what it is.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 10:39am
Looks like he's heading out on loan this year, MK Dons linked as well as a couple of other teams. MK Dons has generally been a good destination for young Irish players, wouldn't be a bad move for him.

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Looks like he's heading out on loan this year, MK Dons linked as well as a couple of other teams. MK Dons has generally been a good destination for young Irish players, wouldn't be a bad move for him.

Any team that plays with wing backs will surely suit him. He is tigerish going back and forward. Looks like a player who could rip it up at that level but there will be tougher challenges ahead.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 11:19pm
Great to see he's opting for a loan rather than hanging around Palace's U23s. We need some more LWBs coming through (McClean & Stevens have at most 2 years left in them). Hopefully Shane Flynn at Leicester gets a loan too.

MK Dons would definitely be the preferred option. He's much more likely to get minutes there than Coventry (they'd probably want someone a lot more experienced to help push to the promotion spots), & MKD are very good at developing players. Would be going in with a solid Irish contingent too, with O'Hora & Grant.

Would be a great spot for Mipo Odubeko too. MKD will be looking for a striker with Twine & Parrott moving on.

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 11:36pm

Great to see he's opting for a loan rather than hanging around Palace's U23s. We need some more LWBs coming through (McClean & Stevens have at most 2 years left in them). Hopefully Shane Flynn at Leicester gets a loan too.

MK Dons would definitely be the preferred option. He's much more likely to get minutes there than Coventry (they'd probably want someone a lot more experienced to help push to the promotion spots), & MKD are very good at developing players. Would be going in with a solid Irish contingent too, with O'Hora & Grant.

Would be a great spot for Mipo Odubeko too. MKD will be looking for a striker with Twine & Parrott moving on.

Furlong at Brighton looks a real good prospect at LWB.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 12:05pm
On the verge of a move to Coventry according to reports.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 8:17am
loan deal to coventry completed. great to see. 

a future star in the making.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 8:54am
Impressive to get a loan move to the championship at his age. Hope he gets plenty or gametime but I am not fully aware of coventry's left back situation.

I like Joel Bagan as a player but Tayo looks more assured defensively and looks to have the higher ceiling. I think LWB is a bit of a weak point for us either playing Doherty out of position or McClean who is not defensively switched on so it's good to see we have a few talented young LBs coming through.

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:01am
Looks like Watford are now the only team in the Championship with no Irish players.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:07am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Impressive to get a loan move to the championship at his age. Hope he gets plenty or gametime but I am not fully aware of coventry's left back situation.

I like Joel Bagan as a player but Tayo looks more assured defensively and looks to have the higher ceiling. I think LWB is a bit of a weak point for us either playing Doherty out of position or McClean who is not defensively switched on so it's good to see we have a few talented young LBs coming through.

from what i've read from palace fans who follow their youth teams closely is that he can also play further forward and has done so when younger. all in all he is a very promising and exciting prospect.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:08am

Coventry's left wing back situation is that it was the position they most needed to fill. He's going there to start games. I haven't seen a huge amount of Adaramola but any time I've seen him I've been impressed. He looks quick, decent passer, tracks back well.

Loan moves to top half Championship teams are rare enough for 18 year olds these days, so it shows how highly rated he is. It's a similar move to the one Parrott got when he was exceptionally highly rated in his earlier days at Spurs. Didn't work out for Parrott that time obviously, but hopefully less pressure on a left wing back as he won't be relied on for goals like Parrott was.

Given the position he plays and our limited options there, if he was to start the season strongly - better than Ryan Manning for instance - he honestly wouldn't be miles off a call up. Sometimes players just end up almost skipping Under 21s, we saw it with Omobamidele a couple of years ago and we're weaker at left wing back than centre back, so it's far from impossible that we might see him in a senior squad in the next year.

You almost don't want to mention it but he's eligible for at least three countries and left Ireland when he was 12 or 13, so if he was showing good form I wouldn't be wasting too much time in capping him.

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Looks like Watford are now the only team in the Championship with no Irish players.

I don't think Sunderland have any either, they're the only two now. Watford released Rob Elliot at the end of last season and Sunderland released McGeady. Sunderland do have the Irish born Cirkin but he's currently in the England underage setup. (When was the last time Sunderland had no Irish players - must be back in the 1990s or even earlier?)

I think it's something like 54 Irish players in Championship first team squads as things stand. Could be more by the time the transfer window closes - Christie is still to sign for anyone, Coventry may move to a Championship team, though some might also go out on loan to lower league teams to bring the number back down.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:33am
Cirkin was born in Dublin. He has played for England at underage levels but has declared himself open to representing Ireland or Latvia ( where his parents are from ) in the future. Sunderland have a few NI internationals ( Hume, Evans, Winchester ) and the latter is eligible to switch as his only cap was in a friendly about ten years ago. The club tried hard to get Troy Parrott on loan and have been linked recently with Sean Maguire. They also have a young Irish midfielder, Caden Kelly, who recently signed his first professional contract with them.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:39am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

from what i've read from palace fans who follow their youth teams closely is that he can also play further forward and has done so when younger. all in all he is a very promising and exciting prospect.

I've seen the same from Palace fans. Most of them really rate him, only drawback is they already have a talented young left back in the first team in Tyrick Mitchell so he probably either has to move on from Palace or get past a lad who was recently getting England call ups.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:46am
Great move for the lad. Coventry needed a wing back and we see what Spence achieved last season and the move he got off the back of it or even Ebosele getting a fancy move to Udinese if he does decide to move on from Palace.

Mitchell may well have top clubs come calling for him in the next year or two so Adaramola has plenty time to bide his time in that sense. 

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:48am

Cirkin was born in Dublin. He has played for England at underage levels but has declared himself open to representing Ireland or Latvia ( where his parents are from ) in the future. Sunderland have a few NI internationals ( Hume, Evans, Winchester ) and the latter is eligible to switch as his only cap was in a friendly about ten years ago. The club tried hard to get Troy Parrott on loan and have been linked recently with Sean Maguire. They also have a young Irish midfielder, Caden Kelly, who recently signed his first professional contract with them.

So no RoI players in the first team squad, like he said.

Posted By: Technical_method
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 10:15am
Only ever seen him play for the u21s against montenegro and was really really impressed. 

Gets forward really well and very clever defensively. Between him and Bagan hopefully we'll have some good competition for left back.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 10:21am

This is the list of Championship players I'm working off for this season
http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/CompetitionDetails?competitionID=2" rel="nofollow - http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/CompetitionDetails?competitionID=2

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 12:07pm
This lad has an English accent that Aaron Connolly would be proud of.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 12:24pm
Are accents the next thing to be precious about here? first it's the perceived loyalty of English born dual nationals and now berating the irish born lads for a different accent. Crikey its hard to keep with all the requirements to be proper irish. Confused

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 12:44pm
Who cares about accents. An lad born in Ireland to Nigerian parents who has lived in London the past 5 or 6 years Wacko

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

This lad has an English accent that Aaron Connolly would be proud of.

Stronger accent than Michael Caine.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 2:20pm
Might just be bilingual, like Tony Scully.

Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 2:42pm

Might just be bilingual, like Tony Scully.

LOL

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 9:05pm
Gets his first start for Coventry tonight in the Cup vs Bristol City. Currently 3-0 down.

I think this will be a very tough loan for him. First season of senior football, at a team pushing for the play-offs, that a lot of pressure and the physical demand of a 46 game season... Might be much like Parrott & Odubekos first seasons.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:08pm
Loan apparently cancelled by Coventry.

They had Tayo playing with their U21s. Like I speculated before, he's not ready for this level yet. Should have gone straight to a L1 side, MK Dons were said to be interested at one point.

Wonder if they can sort a new move in before tomorrow night.

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:10pm

They had Tayo playing with their U21s. Like I speculated before, he's not ready for this level yet. Should have gone straight to a L1 side, MK Dons were said to be interested at one point.

Disappointing, is he injured? Very raw when I saw him play, but strong and quick - maybe it was a step up too far, hopefully he gets something sorted - Bagan getting very few minutes for Cardiff means the LB position in the U21s could be up for grabs.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Disappointing, is he injured? Very raw when I saw him play, but strong and quick - maybe it was a step up too far, hopefully he gets something sorted - Bagan getting very few minutes for Cardiff means the LB position in the U21s could be up for grabs.

Andy Lyons slot in there with the minimum of fuss.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Others are questioning Lyons ability to play as a full back as opposed to a wing back? I havent seen enough of him to have a firm view on this. Isnt he right footed also?

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:40pm
Disappointing, because I've liked what I've seen of Adaramola and although it was a high level for a first loan, I thought it might have worked. But to be fair, if they've had a good look at him and don't think he's ready, they're doing the right thing in sending him back.

If he's not going to be playing he's as well to not be playing at his parent club, and it might yet be possible to get him a loan at a more appropriate level before the window closes - probably League 1, which is maybe the highest level any young player should go for a first loan unless they're absolutely exceptional.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:41pm

Doubt they would if it's true because he's only allowed play with two clubs in a season. They probably won't rush him out the door for the sake of him finding a new club. Would likely remain with their U21s and then see whose looking to strengthen in January.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 3:04pm

I don't think so, seems he just isn't ready for it. Coventry have Jake Bidwell starting at that LWB spot (previously LWB ahead of Manning at Swansea), so Adaramola wouldn't have been starting much anyway.

It was a bad pick from Crystal Palace.

Others are questioning Lyons ability to play as a full back as opposed to a wing back? I havent seen enough of him to have a firm view on this. Isnt he right footed also?

Yeah, Lyons is performing at a higher level as a wingback at Rovers than he was as a fullback at Bohs.

But I'd say the same about most of our lads being better as wingbacks, at senior & U-levels. Bagan & Adaramola are both good going forward but need to work on their defensive side.

And that all leads back to Crawford & him doing his own thing with the U21s rather than engaging with the joined up thinking that we're supposed to have now, & changing to the 3ATB that the seniors, U19s & U17s are using.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 3:23pm

I don't think so, seems he just isn't ready for it. Coventry have Jake Bidwell starting at that LWB spot (previously LWB ahead of Manning at Swansea), so Adaramola wouldn't have been starting much anyway.

It was a bad pick from Crystal Palace.

Yeah, Lyons is performing at a higher level as a wingback at Rovers than he was as a fullback at Bohs.

But I'd say the same about most of our lads being better as wingbacks, at senior & U-levels. Bagan & Adaramola are both good going forward but need to work on their defensive side.

And that all leads back to Crawford & him doing his own thing with the U21s rather than engaging with the joined up thinking that we're supposed to have now, & changing to the 3ATB that the seniors, U19s & U17s are using.

I agree that ideally a 3-5-2 at U21 level would be optimal, but tbf to Crawford, and I'm not his biggest fan, his options at CB were limited until Cashin came on board. He could probably do it now with Cashin, Mc Guinness, O'Brien fit again and Mc Entee all in the mix, but it's probably too late in the campaign to make the switch now. Next campaign we should definitely be looking to mirror the senior team.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 4:00pm
Hopefully it's a formation they play for the next campaign. The seniors use it and Tom Mohan has used it this year for the U19s bar one game when we were struggling for numbers in the last game of the elite round qualifiers. Stuck with the three at the back for Junes friendlies and would be weird if these two teams were to play a similar system and our U21s didn't.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:22pm
Officially confirmed now that he has left Coventry and is back at Palace.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:27pm
Any reason, official or otherwise, given as to why ? Looks very odd.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:57pm

Palace left back Mitchell got injured the other night. If serious could be as cover.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 7:50pm

Coventry had a good look at him and felt he wasn't ready for the Championship. Rather than try and force it to work like Millwall did with Parrott a few years ago, it was agreed with Palace that he'd go back.

Easy to say in hindsight but League 1 would have probably been a better destination for his first loan. Maybe he will go there in January.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Palace left back Mitchell got injured the other night. If serious could be as cover.

Couldn’t be that serious he played today.

Posted By: Howdo
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 6:01am
Bit more here, wasn’t getting game time

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/vieira-confirms-coventry-loan-spell-for-adaramola-cut-short-early/" rel="nofollow - https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/vieira-confirms-coventry-loan-spell-for-adaramola-cut-short-early/

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 7:20am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Couldn’t be that serious he played today.
👍

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/vieira-confirms-coventry-loan-spell-for-adaramola-cut-short-early/" rel="nofollow - https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/vieira-confirms-coventry-loan-spell-for-adaramola-cut-short-early/
bottom of the table and adrift by a few points - skewed by their postponements I know - so not the end of the world to be away from that environment, especially if not getting games and you feel the manager doesn’t fancy you.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

bottom of the table and adrift by a few points - skewed by their postponements I know - so not the end of the world to be away from that environment, especially if not getting games and you feel the manager doesn’t fancy you.

And here's to you, Mr. Robins
Tayo loves you more than you will know
Whoa, whoa, whoa

Posted By: IrishCanadian
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 6:33pm
He features in the last episode of the recent docuseries Football Dreams on channel 4. A decent watch for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet. 

Date Posted: 20 May 2023 at 3:32pm
Is on the Palace bench today and in doing so is the 20th Irish player to make a Premier League matchday squad this season.

Posted By: pateen
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 1:36pm
Havent heard about Tayo in a while. Injured?

-------------
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Havent heard about Tayo in a while. Injured?

Played in PL2 on the weekend.

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 1:52pm
Aye, just back from injury, he came off the bench in Palace U21s 4-2 loss to Liverpool on Sunday. Grehan captained the Palace side which also featured Noah Watson, Franco Umeh came off the bench and scored again for Palace (think that's 4 in 5 now). Kone-Doherty came off the bench for Liverpool. As an aside, Tom Hill who came over for a couple of training camps with us captained LFC (not sure what ever happened there? maybe not actually eligible? think he might be with Wales now)

Anyway, probably too late for Tayo for consideration for the U21 squad tomorrow, but hopefully he will be in contention for the big November games, although he has likely fallen behind Roughan and Furlong in the pecking order for now.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 4:02pm
Tayo will need a loan in January to get back in the Under 21s I'd say.

Tom Hill wasn't considered good enough to get into the Ireland under 21s so has gone with Wales.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 3:26pm
On the bench for Palace today vs Man City.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 8:34pm
Gone on loan to RWD Molenbeek for the rest of the season. Same loan club as Jake O'Brien last season.

https://twitter.com/RWDMolenbeek/status/1749889449658356078" rel="nofollow - RWDM on X: "𝐓𝐚𝐲𝐨 𝐫𝐞£𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞! Le jeune latéral gauche irlandais arrive sous forme de prêt jusqu’en fin de saison et sans option d’achat en provenance de Crystal Palace. Meer info: https://t.co/mAe0p1VQYI Plus d’infos: https://t.co/KPOZFXoFw9 https://t.co/qcmroGqK4o" / X (twitter.com)

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 8:52pm

Gone on loan to RWD Molenbeek for the rest of the season. Same loan club as Jake O'Brien last season.

https://twitter.com/RWDMolenbeek/status/1749889449658356078" rel="nofollow - RWDM on X: "𝐓𝐚𝐲𝐨 𝐫𝐞�£𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞! Le jeune latéral gauche irlandais arrive sous forme de prêt jusqu’en fin de saison et sans option d’achat en provenance de Crystal Palace. Meer info: https://t.co/mAe0p1VQYI Plus d’infos: https://t.co/KPOZFXoFw9 https://t.co/qcmroGqK4o" / X (twitter.com)

In the same ownership group as Palace

Posted By: engpad
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 11:28am
Hopefully does well. Left back is a problem position for us currently. 

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 10:36pm
Potentially a really good move. If he's doing well he's in the conversation for a senior call up.

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 10:03am
Will be at USG v Molenbeek on Wednesday night, hopefully he gets a run. Molenbeek in a bit of mess at the moment. Their "fans" got their last game abandoned after threatening to do so after confronting the team at the training ground about their performances. Possible sanctions incoming. Molenbeek away to Mechelen tonight, be interesting to how it goes, hope it works out for Tayo anyway. 

-------------
Ask MaGee

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 6:24pm
Straight into their starting lineup tonight, though theyre down to 10 men after 4 minutes LOL

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:31pm
Scored a probable consolation goal there before going off after 70 minutes.

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:40pm
Two Irish goal scorers in the same game week in the Belgian League, that can’t have happened before…

EDIT: Doesn’t look like that goal was given to him.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:42pm
It was Carlos Alberto who scored

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:51pm
Ah, Livescore alert came through as him.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:53pm

Ah, Livescore alert came through as him.
it was misattributed on a few apps/sites

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net