Category: International
Forum Name: Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58078
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:09pm

Topic: Anyone get Covid in Luxembourg?
Subject: Anyone get Covid in Luxembourg?
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:05pm
Be an interesting case study.
1k Irish, all vaccinated, on the piss in Luxembourg.
Covid certs were very strict everywhere I was but once inside, no rules.

Anyone test positive for Covid since or know someone who has? 

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:10pm
Waiting for results after getting tested yesterday. 
Had a few symptoms, but hopefully it's just a cold after not wearing enough layers while over there and burning the candle at both ends. 

Posted By: Bonehead24
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:15pm
Know one who has had positive Antigen and waiting on test results alright. 

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:17pm
I know someone who tested positive yesterday using an antigen test. Awaiting on a PCR now. Showing mild symptoms.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:17pm

Had a few symptoms, but hopefully it's just a cold after not wearing enough layers while over there and burning the candle at both ends. 

Yea I have a bit of a dose. Double vaxxed and had Covid about two months ago. Antigens all negative too so reckon it's the gargle etc 

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:20pm

Yea I have a bit of a dose. Double vaxxed and had Covid about two months ago. Antigens all negative too so reckon it's the gargle etc 

I've got a cough but tested negative on the antigen tests. Standing outside Pyg when it was lashing rain didn't help.

Posted By: limerick lad
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:53pm
I've a cough as well but tested negative on antigen. Just as an aside , my friend who was at the Portugal game last week tested positive for Covid 3 days afterwards and has got a fair whack from it. I wonder how many cases you could see originating from that game as well. 

just hit the fecking thing

Posted By: kenaneym
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:59pm
I’ve mild symptoms double vaxxed put it down to it been cold over there! Awaiting PCR result, 3 antigen tests all positive CryCry

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by kenaneym kenaneym wrote:

I’ve mild symptoms double vaxxed put it down to it been cold over there! Awaiting PCR result, 3 antigen tests all positive CryCry

Positive antigen is 100pc a positive PCR!

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:34pm

Am blaming the pyg £

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:56pm
Anyone on the City Bus No. 18 that got to stadium about 20 mins before kick off.
It was a mental trip as absolutely jam packed. Bus wouldn't go as doors wouldn't close because of crushing. 

If there was COVID on that bus we all in trouble :(

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Anyone on the City Bus No. 18 that got to stadium about 20 mins before kick off.
It was a mental trip as absolutely jam packed. Bus wouldn't go as doors wouldn't close because of crushing. 

yip but am fine

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 4:13pm

All the buses after the game were rammed.....waiting on pcr results after positive antigen...wrote off.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 4:37pm

Am blaming the pyg �£
Just got positive result about 20 mins ago! As above absolutely wrote off Dead

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 6:24pm
both our pcr tests were negative. Covid Passports , I’d checking and mask wearing were far more strict than Ireland. 

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 6:53pm
Got a PCR test yesterday but thankfully came back negative this afternoon.

Symptoms came on Wednesday, throat is red raw and bad cough, most likely an infection and on Antibiotics now.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 6:58pm
exact same symptoms.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 6:59pm

Negative for covid. 
Positive for being a lightweight. Mustn't be able to handle 4 days drinking. 

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 9:38pm
Done 3 antigen tests since I came back and all negative. No symptoms, just had to attend a funeral this morning. Rest of the fellas I went with showing nothing either.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 9:02am
Have been feeling run down since getting back but nothing serious. More the side effects of the session. 

Most people i know had a sniffle while away. 

Don't plan on leaving the house until the Cup Final to be on the safe side.

Don't plan on taking a pcr because I'm isolating anyway. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 12:31pm
don’t think I have ever gone on an away trip and not
Felt like sh*t for a few days afterwards.  

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 3:17pm
Yea I have all the usual DT symptoms 

All antigens negative. 
Second jab end of June, PCR positive in September with very mild symptoms 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 3:18pm

All antigens negative. 
Hope the carpet in the room was clean, god knows what BSM could have picked up from it LOL

Posted By: Tyronebhoy
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 6:18pm
Have cough and runny nose, but no temperature or loss of taste or smell, so am assuming it's same type of bug I pick up almost every time I share a sealed tube with 100 other people at 30000ft, face mask or no face mask. 

Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 6:30pm

All antigens negative. 
Hope the carpet in the room was clean, god knows what BSM could have picked up from it LOL
I take it you’ve seen some photosLOL

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 8:09pm

All antigens negative. 
I take it you’ve seen some photosLOL

Posted By: RobsYourUncle
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 9:50am

Was on this myself and had resigned myself to the fact I was going to catch it, but 3 antigen tests negative since getting back, so thinking I may have miraculously gotten away with it at this point (touch wood)

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:56pm
Hope everyone’s symptoms are mild and yous get over it quickly.

I got it just under two weeks after Baku. I reckon I got it on the flight from Istanbul as there were two women in front of me coughing their lungs up but obviously impossible to know. 

Only a couple of months back I didn’t know anyone who had tested positive with the vaccines. Mad how things have gone. 

Posted By: CatalanCelt1
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 8:20pm
One from our group of 6 got confirmed via PCR this morning - no symptoms fortunately. Nearly 10 antigens and another PCR between the rest of us all negative. Have sore throat and slight cough myself but as others have mentioned, that's nearly the standard for me coming back from hols, especially ones with a fair drop of alcohol involved.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 9:01pm

don’t think I have ever gone on an away trip and not
Felt like sh*t for a few days afterwards.  

Proof that covid has been around for years and was kept in our circles. Any ybiggers take a trip to Wuhan 2 years ago? 

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 11:14pm
i wouldn’t be trusting the antigens at all, I know people who’ve been sick taking them every day and they’re not showing up as positive until the 4th/5th day after being negative all along. Can see why government don’t want them being used. 

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:00am

i wouldn’t be trusting the antigens at all, I know people who’ve been sick taking them every day and they’re not showing up as positive until the 4th/5th day after being negative all along. Can see why government don’t want them being used. 
Very true this. Same myself showed up as negative first 2 and a then few positives! Got a test and confirmed positive today. Was also in Luxembourg and actually wore a mask nearly everywhere.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:26am

They have their uses.  I pick up a few boxes of the free NHS ones anything I cross the border.  

I routinely take one before visiting my father or if likely to meet somebody older than I am.  

However obviously a PCR is needed if you think you might have COVID.  

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:35am
I honestly can’t see what use antigen tests are and I’ve had loads of friends using them when they have symptoms which is totally the wrong thing to do.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:07am
I know a few people that were in Lux that tested positive in past couple of days. 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:22am

I honestly can’t see what use antigen tests are and I’ve had loads of friends using them when they have symptoms which is totally the wrong thing to do.

They are used in the context as gspain says he is visiting his Da has no symptoms but does the test and if its positive he doesnt go and then gets a pcr.  

Thats a covid then thats picked up before symptims arise. 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:27am
So the antigen tests are only useful if you don't have symptoms?

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:34am

Yeah that’s my understanding of them anyway. They’re for symptom free people to allow them some normality if going out & about. 
If symptomatic a PCR is needed 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:37am

Yeah that’s my understanding of them anyway. They’re for symptom free people to allow them some normality if going out & about. 

Thanks. I done 2x antigen tests that came up negative but knew something wasn't right and got the PCR which was positive. Done 3 antigen tests since coming home from Luxembourg and all negative but no symptoms.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:52am

Thanks. I done 2x antigen tests that came up negative but knew something wasn't right and got the PCR which was positive. Done 3 antigen tests since coming home from Luxembourg and all negative but no symptoms.

You’ll only get a positive antigen test while being COVID positive when you’re at your most infectious afaik

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:59am
Have had a does since getting back, like most put it down to a 4/5 session but didn't go away and started coughing on Thursday. PCR done over the weekend and back negative so just a cold like most.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 1:29pm
on antibiotics and still not right . Had to cancel booster shot for tomorrow f**k it anyways. Pubs at home are actually getting messier if that’s possible so not going out until after Christmas.

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 3:19pm
2 of our lads tested positive there this morning, they both had mild symptoms from mid week on wards and were isolating at home as a precaution. Both double jabbed too. They reckon it was the bus over there.

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 3:30pm

on antibiotics and still not right . Had to cancel booster shot for tomorrow f**k it anyways. Pubs at home are actually getting messier if that’s possible so not going out until after Christmas.
And will get worse as each day goes by as folk know a lock-down is on the way.

Posted By: OohAhh
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 4:33pm
2 lads I know tested positive. one on Friday and one on Sunday. 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 4:42pm

They only show if you are infectious. A proper campaign on how they should be used would be worthwhile 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm
The hse have said all along Antigen tests are useless if you have symptoms yet people still use them. 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:31pm

The hse have said all along Antigen tests are useless if you have symptoms yet people still use them. 

One of the top epidemiologists in the world says they are one of the best weapons in this fight. 
We neèd a proper campaign in how to use them instead of the shouting from NPHET 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:38pm

LOLLOL Crystal clear alright. “Snake oil” 

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:40pm
how does this work? If everyone was vaccinated, shouldn’t it be rare to get a breakthrough case where maybe 1-2 people would get it, but not this amount of people? 

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

how does this work? If everyone was vaccinated, shouldn’t it be rare to get a breakthrough case where maybe 1-2 people would get it, but not this amount of people? 

The vaccine main focus it to stop severe covid, so break through cases are possible but the infection shouldn’t be as bad as if the person was unvaccinated. Less hospitalisations, ICU etc.

Posted By: ccfcmurphy
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:51pm
one lad from our group got it aswell. He’s fine tho

There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:21pm
to give some background on mine, I got back from Lux on Monday had symptoms Wednesday, tested Thursday and was positive PCR Friday, strangely I then on Sunday received a notification through the covid app that I was a close contact of someone who tested positive on Monday 15th Confused 

Which doesn’t make sense as that person would have had to test the day or two previous but I’d been in Luxembourg since the Friday and was at the Portugal game the Thursday

Perhaps I didn’t pick it up in Luxembourg and it had been In my system dormant until my immune system was low after all the booze then kicked in? 

Completely floored since symptoms started! 

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:54pm

to give some background on mine, I got back from Lux on Monday had symptoms Wednesday, tested Thursday and was positive PCR Friday, strangely I then on Sunday received a notification through the covid app that I was a close contact of someone who tested positive on Monday 15th Confused 

Which doesn’t make sense as that person would have had to test the day or two previous but I’d been in Luxembourg since the Friday and was at the Portugal game the Thursday

Perhaps I didn’t pick it up in Luxembourg and it had been In my system dormant until my immune system was low after all the booze then kicked in? 

It can kick in at any stage of a 2 week period, thats why the isolation period is 14 days.

Some develop symptoms after 2-3 days, others can be as late as 13-14.

When I caught it earlier in the year I started to feel it within 3 days of being a close contact but my close contact didnt feel it until well over a week later and thought they were in the clear.

Look after yourself anyway hopefully it wont be too bad.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:55pm

What symptoms have you got?

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 11:25pm

What are you on about? The antigen tests are great and work really well up North.

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 3:50am
How many fans went to Luxembourg? I think the commentators said it was 1000

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 7:23am

What symptoms have you got?

Almost all that they list, body aches, fever, temperature (which is gone now) chest is tight, had a cough for 2/3 days which is gone and no taste or smell which is a nightmare. Other than that just feel wasted and tired after doing every little thing. This is day 6 with symptoms so hoping they should clear soon

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 9:55am
Almost everyone I know that went to Lux ended up with some kind of cold, have had a head cold since early last week, had 2 negative antigen tests and a negative PCR test thankfully.

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 2:30pm

Almost everyone I know that went to Lux ended up with some kind of cold, have had a head cold since early last week, had 2 negative antigen tests and a negative PCR test thankfully.
Our Crew are all OK, bar one who fell broke 2 ribs and punctured a lung. Came home in Air Ambulance last Friday.

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 3:41pm
Just reported the entire away end as close contacts to the HSE LOL

Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 5:45pm

How many fans went to Luxembourg? I think the commentators said it was 1000

FAI were given 1000k tickets yeah.
But met a few people that were living over there that were going to the match, and some some were coming over to meet their friends and it was a coincidence that there was a match on, so they made a weekend of it, so they got home end tickets.
But there wasn't any barriers so it seems like you could have just walked around the stadium into the away end.

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Our Crew are all OK, bar one who fell broke 2 ribs and punctured a lung. Came home in Air Ambulance last Friday.
There was a chap mentioned by rte commentary during the game and they wished him well after his accident the night before. Possibly the same fella, can't remember the name they gave. 

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 8:18pm

That's awful, hope he's on the mend.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:29am

Feck, hope he's OK!

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:47am
Yeh, Daragh Moloney give him a shout out. He’s on the mend, Thank God.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:22pm

Who was it Steve if you don't mind me asking? 

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:45pm

A lad Eddie - don’t think you know him Tom.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:28pm

A lad Eddie - don’t think you know him Tom.

Speedy recovery to him

Posted By: Linzark
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 3:20pm

Linzark