Tomorrow night at Lansdowne Rd.

Live on RTE2 and sky.

19.45 ko. 

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:05am
With Coleman and Stevens back, it's going to be interesting to see what way we line up at the back. I can't see either of them getting more than 45 minutes given their fitness.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:11am
Would be massive for Kenny to pick something off here. He was unlucky in September not to already have that result secured. I suspect Portugal might adjust in order to counter what they saw in Faro.

On the whole, the team picks itself and if they turn in two decent performances over the next two days, I think the start to the Kenny era will have been deemed to be fruitful.

Posted By: drogcam
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:12am
                                            Bazunu

Omobamidele   Duffy     Egan
Coleman                                                            Doherty

Cullen                   Hendrick

McGrath

Robinson                    Idah

Roughly how I think we'll line up. Although Kenny has thrown up some surprising selections in games so who knows. Robinson might have a fairly free role compared to Idah

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:23am
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

With Coleman and Stevens back, it's going to be interesting to see what way we line up at the back. I can't see either of them getting more than 45 minutes given their fitness.

Only fitness issue Coleman has is he can't start back to back games. Will probably start against Portugal and won't play against Luxembourg or vice versa. Don't know what fitness issues Stevens has as he's played 90mins week in week out which included mid week games since coming back from injury.

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:40am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Only fitness issue Coleman has is he can't start back to back games. Will probably start against Portugal and won't play against Luxembourg or vice versa. Don't know what fitness issues Stevens has as he's played 90mins week in week out which included mid week games since coming back from injury.

I didn't realise he's back starting, great to see it Clap

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:42am

Stevens and Egan in patchy form at club level by all accounts.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: notpropaganda73
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:42am
Buzzing to get down to a full house at Lansdowne again Clap

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:58am
Can't wait 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Stevens and Egan in patchy form at club level by all accounts.

Sheffield United are very poor this season. Too soft and easy to dominate in midfield which puts extra pressure on the defence and they miss Jack O'Connell in defence.

Could see them cutting Hourihane's loan short if possible as he's the complete opposite to what they need in midfield to try turn this around.

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:44am
We have nothing to lose and hopefully we give a performance but let's not forget this is a great Portugal team who have one or the top players in the world who can score a goal almost out of anywhere 

Can't wait to go and if I recall is this the first sell out event of any kind since the pandemic ?

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:45am

Why can't he start back to back games?

The issue with players being unable to start back to back games is because they were not playing for their clubs. This is what Kenny alluded too after the defeat to Luxembourg.

Unless Coleman picks up a knock against Portugal, he will play both games.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Liam Green
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The issue with players being unable to start back to back games is because they were not playing for their clubs. This is what Kenny alluded too after the defeat to Luxembourg.

I think he started Everton’s last two games and played full game

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Kenny has said he might not be able to start back to back games in four days because of the hamstring issues he's had lately. Four hamstring injuries in the last year I think is what was said. Last one coming when he started back to back games in a few days for us.

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:32pm
Interesting that it seemingly doesn't matter much to Portugal whether they win or draw this game, as long as they don't lose it. Means that, if we can stay with them for 70-75 both teams might settle for the point as it serves both teams needs (gives us a shot at third, gives them a shot at winning the group). 

So a point seems a very realistic target here.

If I remember rightly that was the case the last time they came to Dublin for a qualifier also (2001), they just needed a point to set them up to win the group and got the point they needed.

Posted By: greenshoots
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by drogcam drogcam wrote:

Bazunu

Omobamidele   Duffy     Egan
Coleman                                                            Doherty

Cullen                   Hendrick

McGrath

Robinson                    Idah

Roughly how I think we'll line up. Although Kenny has thrown up some surprising selections in games so who knows. Robinson might have a fairly free role compared to Idah

This is the team I'd pick too but Kenny does like McClean and he does bring a left footed option to that side of the pitch. I wouldnt be surprised to see Coleman/Doherty drop out.

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:04pm
                        Bazunu 
          Duffy Egan Omobamidele 
Coleman                                Doherty 

Hendrick Cullen 
                       Mcgrath 

Knight
                     Robinson

Doherty should get the nod over Stevens and mcclean in my opinion.

Knight in for Idah for extra legs in the midfield but played further up the field than the other midfielders 

Robinson High up the pitch to run in behind.

Gosh - this management stuff is a doddle.LOL

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Bazunu 
          Duffy Egan Omobamidele 
Coleman                                Doherty 

Hendrick Cullen 
                       Mcgrath 

Knight
                     Robinson

Doherty should get the nod over Stevens and mcclean in my opinion.

Knight in for Idah for extra legs in the midfield but played further up the field than the other midfielders 

Robinson High up the pitch to run in behind.

Gosh - this management stuff is a doddle.LOL

Idah will almost certainly play after his effort against Portugal the last day.    Robinson and McGrath in behind him. Doherty will play LWB I think. After that the team picks itself I feel. 

Big test for Kenny this but I think we can put up a decent show. Beating Luxembourg and getting a result or at least rattiling Portugal would be a good step in the right direction with a view to the Nations League!

Posted By: notpropaganda73
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:29pm
https://www.the42.ie/bernardo-silva-3-5597383-Nov2021/%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.the42.ie/bernardo-silva-3-5597383-Nov2021/

Bernardo Silva out injured 

Posted By: Allnighters11
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 2:03pm
Has anyone been in contact with the FAI re: the kids ticket we had to buy to get tickets on the presale, I presume they'll be no issues with an adult getting in on this?

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 2:14pm
Portugal should be beating us, and beating us easily based on the quality of the two squads. I don't see that happening though. With a full house, singing section display looking great this could be the night that puts the winds into Kenny's management. Here's hoping Clap

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Allnighters11 Allnighters11 wrote:

Has anyone been in contact with the FAI re: the kids ticket we had to buy to get tickets on the presale, I presume they'll be no issues with an adult getting in on this?
Have a shave just in case.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

https://www.the42.ie/bernardo-silva-3-5597383-Nov2021/%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.the42.ie/bernardo-silva-3-5597383-Nov2021/

Bernardo Silva out injured 

Mixed team for Portugal tomorrow night especially having so many players on yellow cards 

Still a quality team 

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 4:35pm
I know Ronaldo was the one who scored the goals in the previous game but I thought Silva and Jota were their dangermen during that game so Silva being out is a big plus for us.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:18pm
Molumby out with a hamstring strain and Omobamidele to undergo a late fitness test after picking up a knock at the weekend.

Posted By: Greenie50
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:20pm
Dan McDonnell saying Molumby is out with a hamstring injury & Omobamidele is a doubt with an Achilles issue (will do a late fitness test).

I was thinking Nathan Collins would start over Andy anyway, but if there's a minor issue then Andy should just be given more time & played vs Lux instead.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:24pm
Wouldn't be an Irish gathering without several players picking up injuries. At least I know I haven't woken up in an alternate universe.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:39pm
Just hope they don't throw Coleman back in at CB if Omobamidele fails his fitness test.

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:43pm

Just hope they don't throw Coleman back in at CB if Omobamidele fails his fitness test.

I'm expecting this now tbh
Doherty & McClean the wingbacks

A 3 point Ireland victory please

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Nathan Collins exists.

Posted By: greenshoots
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:02pm

Yep I'm thinking the same. It will be Coleman in at CB, it accomodates Doherty and McClean. Same back 5 that started against Azeri. I was there that day and it was bloddy depressing! Not looking forward to tomorrow as mich anymore...

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Nathan Collins exists.

Start v Luxembourg

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:27pm

Nathan Collins exists.

Start v Luxembourg

He's more than capable of starting vs Portugal, & there would be no need to reshuffle the whole back line.

He probably would have been given the nod over Andy vs Portugal in September had he not had to pull out with injury on the day.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:59pm
Apologies if already asked but does the Ticket need to be printed for 114 tomorrow?

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:01pm
no. 

Posted By: Frank the Tank
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 8:03pm
Anyone recommend parking within walking distance of the stadium? Doesn't have to be super close but close enough that I'm not having to walk half an hour to the car after the match in the rain.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Frank the Tank Frank the Tank wrote:

Anyone recommend parking within walking distance of the stadium? Doesn't have to be super close but close enough that I'm not having to walk half an hour to the car after the match in the rain.

https://forum.ybig.ie/parking-near-the-aviva_topic29705_page2.html" rel="nofollow - https://forum.ybig.ie/parking-near-the-aviva_topic29705_page2.html

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 8:44pm
Usually park around the side/back of the mespil hotel as it's handy for me travelling southbound afterwards, however this time around I'm staying in swords before heading to the airport so will be hopping to find something on the shelbourne park side of the stadium.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

no. 
Thanks

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Frank the Tank
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Frank the Tank Frank the Tank wrote:

https://forum.ybig.ie/parking-near-the-aviva_topic29705_page2. - https://forum.ybig.ie/parking-near-the-aviva_topic29705_page2.html

Thanks a million!

Posted By: bundy
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:00am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Interesting that it seemingly doesn't matter much to Portugal whether they win or draw this game, as long as they don't lose it. Means that, if we can stay with them for 70-75 both teams might settle for the point as it serves both teams needs (gives us a shot at third, gives them a shot at winning the group). 

If I remember rightly that was the case the last time they came to Dublin for a qualifier also (2001), they just needed a point to set them up to win the group and got the point they needed.

Ronaldo and co. aren’t coming to Dublin to be happy with a draw. That’s not how it works. They’ll allow Ireland to have plenty of the ball and will just pick away at us on the break. Portugal have midfielders that could put a ball in a fellas pocket from 50 yards away, once they win the ball tomorrow just watch how quick they’ll move it. They’re a good side who played poorly in Faro let’s be honest.

This is a huge test for Ireland but they’ll fancy themselves to get a result. Any kind of a result would be brilliant and the optimist in me is going for the shock result of 1-1.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:02am
Are you allowed bring your cat into the game?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Suppose if it's owned by CR7

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 6:25am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Yep I'm thinking the same. It will be Coleman in at CB, it accomodates Doherty and McClean. Same back 5 that started against Azeri. I was there that day and it was bloddy depressing! Not looking forward to tomorrow as mich anymore...

Collins could be a better option to deal with Ronaldo's threat in the air than Coleman was in the previous game. That's not a slight on Coleman, it's just that Ronaldo can outjump most defenders with that type of clipped cross, and Collins is as big as Duffy in that sense.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: xRedmanLFCx
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Suppose if it's owned by CR7
I'm not sure if Callum Robinson owns any cats?

-------------
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:46am
What's the excitement levels like for people? I think the fact that we're out of contention reduces it a little bit for me, the result isn't as important as if we were still fighting for a playoff.

That said, the Irish team have really turned around the narrative in the past few games, so I'm excited to see what that looks like in person, and also what it transforms to in terms of an atmosphere with a full house.

Also looking forward to being back in a packed Aviva again. Another sign we're closer to normality. 

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:54am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Ronaldo and co. aren’t coming to Dublin to be happy with a draw. That’s not how it works. They’ll allow Ireland to have plenty of the ball and will just pick away at us on the break. Portugal have midfielders that could put a ball in a fellas pocket from 50 yards away, once they win the ball tomorrow just watch how quick they’ll move it. They’re a good side who played poorly in Faro let’s be honest.

This is a huge test for Ireland but they’ll fancy themselves to get a result. Any kind of a result would be brilliant and the optimist in me is going for the shock result of 1-1.

If it's level late in the game they're not going to go gung ho looking for a winner here any more than any other team, they'll be sensible enough to know that not losing the game is more important than winning it if it comes to it. Same as Figo and co did in 2001. Naive to think otherwise to be honest.

Posted By: SeanC
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:54am
Unfortunately I don’t think hourihan is the answer to any m/f problem these days. He’ll be sent back in Jan. Egan had looked shaky for a while now. Sheffield Utd starting to look v stale. He’s not young anymore, likewise stevens. 

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:58am
points aren’t what we are about anymore, Kenny has seen to that by having us knocked out if the competition after 4 games. We need performances & consistency. And goals and no mistakes or soft goals. If we achieve some of those hopefully the outcome will be fine. But hanging on for a point is zero value to us.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:58am
Just hope we aren't in for crash back down to earth. Pray we can keep the momentum up and be positive on the pitch. Massive game, regardless of the fact we are out of contention.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:04am
lol don’t think Portugal will allow us to have plenty of the ball. If they do try that they’ll just be getting it back whether they like it or not. The difference in class between both squads is massive. But we’re the home team and hopefully can do better than the home Serbia game when we were dominated. Big test for the lads.

Posted By: shakeyshamrock
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:13am
10 year anniversary of the away leg playoff against Estonia - they finished with 9 men that night, would be good to see a couple of Portuguese taking early baths tonight!!

Nothing to lose tonight - on paper these should be beating us handy enough, even more so that the element of surprise we had in Faro is gone + the player who did most of the damage, Connolly, isn’t even in our squad - don’t know if we have the pace to hurt them in behind and can’t see us playing through them so hard to see us being much of a threat. 

Like everyone else I’m just excited to be going to a game in a full stadium again! 

Posted By: tapfit2004
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

10 year anniversary of the away leg playoff against Estonia - they finished with 9 men that night, would be good to see a couple of Portuguese taking early baths tonight!!

Nothing to lose tonight - on paper these should be beating us handy enough, even more so that the element of surprise we had in Faro is gone + the player who did most of the damage, Connolly, isn’t even in our squad - don’t know if we have the pace to hurt them in behind and can’t see us playing through them so hard to see us being much of a threat. 

Like everyone else I’m just excited to be going to a game in a full stadium again! 

People were going crazy looking for tickets for that one too. Was a great trip apart from the crazy decision (by me} to come back via a 10 hour layover Norway. I think I spent more in molde in a few hours than I spent in Tallinn in 3 days.

Some lad was walking around the airport in Oslo with Delaneys tie on his head, he was the lucky fella who caught it when Johnno threw it into the crowd. Must be worth money now..... Ha ha. 

-------------
Let Christy Take It.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:18am
Oma is out Cry

Horgan doesnt make the cut. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:29am
Not a surprise regarding Omobamidele. Hopefully the correct decision is made and Collins comes in as a like for like replacement - I really don't think there's much between them at this point in time and Collins's physicality might help against Ronaldo.

Being honest it's good to see Horgan drop out, assuming that it's a performance rather than injury related decision. We have enough options now that underperforming players should expect to lose their place in the squad.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:55am

Not a surprise regarding Omobamidele. Hopefully the correct decision is made and Collins comes in as a like for like replacement - I really don't think there's much between them at this point in time and Collins's physicality might help against Ronaldo.

Being honest it's good to see Horgan drop out, assuming that it's a performance rather than injury related decision. We have enough options now that underperforming players should expect to lose their place in the squad.

I'd say injury because I couldn't see O'Dowda getting in ahead of him for the squad if he was fit.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Oma is out Cry

Big call now is do we regress and put Colenman in there, or put in Collins and let him sink or swim?
I'd go with Collins - specialist CH with a massive physical presence.  Will also give their defenders something else (bar Duffy) to worry about for our few set-pieces.

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:22am
100% it will be coleman in the three and mcclean as the wb.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Oma is out Cry

Big call now is do we regress and put Colenman in there, or put in Collins and let him sink or swim?
I'd go with Collins - specialist CH with a massive physical presence.  Will also give their defenders something else (bar Duffy) to worry about for our few set-pieces.

Good point this I'd be dissapointed not to see Collins in. Has warranted it anyways on merit via his club performances but if we are building with a view to March 2023 it will be a major experience for him also. Coleman is pushing on won't be around forever.

Not sure Coleman at CB worked great against Azer either. Coleman and Doherty WBs. 

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:28am
Cancelo, Dias and Jota on a booking for Portugal so they'll probably be allowed to spread anthrax all over the pitch without getting booked tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:34am

Oma is out Cry

Don't think Coleman starts CB tonight and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start at all if he can only start one game.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:34am
We have Egan, Doherty, Stevens, Cullen, Hendrick and Idah all on a yellow.
Imagine our midfield two both being unavailable for Lux on Sunday...

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:39am
[QUOTE=Fozz]We have Egan, Doherty, Stevens, Cullen, Hendrick and Idah all on a yellow.
[/QUOTE

Molumby had a knock too hopefully he's okay. It's why blooding the likes of Kilkenny who is playing well and establishing himself in a midfield with far more competition then ours is important with a view to the future too. If people think we are qualfiying for tournaments with Arter or Hourihane in teams they are living in a fantasy. We are an injury or two away from that. 

Posted By: dwilliams100100
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:45am

Oma is out Cry

Don't think Coleman starts CB tonight and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start at all if he can only start one game.

Kenny's been very good at handing out debuts regardless of the occasion, but I just can't see him throwing Collins in tonight - but I'd love to be wrong!

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:57am
Safe travels to all, looking forward to the day out 

Such a pity about Oma and was a player i was looking forward to seeing but no doubt ill see him play again 

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:02pm

We have Egan, Doherty, Stevens, Cullen, Hendrick and Idah all on a yellow.

Hendrick will get booked for saying hello to the referee and Cullen will get booked for timewasting for taking 4 seconds to take a throw.

-------------

Posted By: darman28
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:19pm
Are Molumby and Omobamidele out injured for just the Portugal match or are they out for the Luxembourg match too?

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:29pm
You'd assume Omobamidele will be fit for Luxembourg and we'll probably find out about Molumby tomorrow or Saturday as the U21s are in Dublin and might see someone called up to replace him.

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Are Molumby and Omobamidele out injured for just the Portugal match or are they out for the Luxembourg match too?

Molumby has a hamstring injury not sure if he'll be risked for Sunday?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:38pm

You'd assume Omobamidele will be fit for Luxembourg and we'll probably find out about Molumby tomorrow or Saturday as the U21s are in Dublin and might see someone called up to replace him.

It wouldn't be a round of Intl games without someone touting a late call-up for Conor Coventry or Jack Taylor.

-------------

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:48pm

Cancelo, Dias and Jota on a booking for Portugal so they'll probably be allowed to spread anthrax all over the pitch without getting booked tonight.
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:50pm
No Jack Byrne or Seani Maguire.  KENNY IS A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:53pm
We should be selecting the most inform midfielder we have. We all know who it is.

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:59pm

We should be selecting the most inform midfielder we have. We all know who it is.

Yeah was waiting for someone to bring Whelan up.

Posted By: Heimatklange
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Yeah was waiting for someone to bring Whelan up.
glen or ronnie?

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:11pm

It wouldn't be a round of Intl games without someone touting a late call-up for Conor Coventry or Jack Taylor.

Where did I mention Conor Coventry or Jack Taylor? And Jack Taylor is overage for the U21s. If Molumby is out injured it's not beyond the realms of possibility an U21s player replaces him given they're in Dublin also.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:26pm
Interestingly enough Ryan Manning is listed as a Midfielder in the matchday squad. He certainly has the attributes to play as a either backup to Cullen or indeed as a partner (a 6 or an 8).
Mobile, tenacious, comfortable on the ball & good range of passing, all the stuff Kenny wants from Hourihane (but doesn't get).

He did spend the bulk of 2 or 3 seasons at QPR playing CM, so he could actually be a decent option there with Molumby out.

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:28pm
I'm looking forward to tonight more for than usual. The team has settled to a formation with players knowing what expected from them, and they should be confident after the last couple of games. With no pressure and a lively crowd they should be be able to go out give it a good go.

Looking at the table a draw is as good as a win for them so I wouldn't be surprised for them to settle for it if is level at the 55-60 minute mark. Other scenario is they start well and give us a lesson.

To the lads going enjoy.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:35pm

Oma is out Cry

Has to be Collins. I'm a bit puzzled by people, who lament Omobamidele being missing, are saying Collins won't start. He's every bit as good if not better, & even if Omobamidele was fit I think Collins physical attributes (strength/height/aerial ability) make him a better option for going up against Ronaldo).

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:38pm

Cullen will definitely start.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:38pm
Might be a bit questionable not bringing in Ciaran Clark or someone else of that ilk if Omobamidele can't make the Luxembourg game. Two games is risky for Coleman so we'd be caught short if there are any more injuries - unless Manning or Doherty go into CB or we switch to four at the back.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:40pm

Oma is out Cry

Has to be Collins. I'm a bit puzzled by people, who lament Omobamidele being missing, are saying Collins won't start. He's every bit as good if not better, & even if Omobamidele was fit I think Collins physical attributes (strength/height/aerial ability) make him a better option for going up against Ronaldo).

Does he have pace?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:46pm

Oma is out Cry

Does he have pace?

I think we're in a fantastic position to have Omobamidele and Collins coming through as they are. If we must select one over the other I think Collins is a better option overall. Both have premier league quality written all over them but Collins looks a bit special. 

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:48pm

Oma is out Cry

Does he have pace?

I think we're in a fantastic position to have Omobamidele and Collins coming through as they are. If we must select one over the other I think Collins is a better option overall. Both have premier league quality written all over them but Collins looks a bit special. 

Agreed but does he have pace? Genuine question. I would have concerns over lack of pace at the back. Egan and Duffy aren't slow but i think we need somebody fairly nimble back there. Oma has that for sure. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Loc
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:56pm

Oma is out Cry

Does he have pace?

Agreed but does he have pace? Genuine question. I would have concerns over lack of pace at the back. Egan and Duffy aren't slow but i think we need somebody fairly nimble back there. Oma has that for sure. 

Not sure but I think the fact he regularly played RB for Stoke might indicate he has a bit of speed. 

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:11pm
Dead

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:36pm

Does he have pace?

Not as quick as Andy, but probably quicker than you would guess for a lad his size.
Very comfortable on the ball, and has a good range of passing. Might see him go on a run up the pitch too.

For comparison, Omobamidele only had about 12 senior games under his belt for Norwich when he stepped on the pitch against Portugal (all in the Championship/Cups).

Collins has played nearly 50 games for Stoke across 2 seasons, & 6 games for Burnley (3 PL, including vs Man City where he was very good). He's a lot more ready for this today than Omobamidele was 2 months ago, and Andy's been brilliant. I'd have absolutely no worries about Collins starting tonight.

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by dwilliams100100 dwilliams100100 wrote:

Oma is out Cry

Kenny's been very good at handing out debuts regardless of the occasion, but I just can't see him throwing Collins in tonight - but I'd love to be wrong!

Normally the Coleman/Captain does the pre match press conference with Kenny the day before the game but it was Hendrick that was with him yesterday.

So maybe Coleman is being left out tonight for the Luxembourg game.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:19pm

Wessi

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by dwilliams100100 dwilliams100100 wrote:

Oma is out Cry

Normally the Coleman/Captain does the pre match press conference with Kenny the day before the game but it was Hendrick that was with him yesterday.

So maybe Coleman is being left out tonight for the Luxembourg game.

Coleman has done press conferences before and still been left out

Posted By: pateen
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:48pm
Anyone suggest a link for the game. Stuck overseas for this 

-------------
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

RTE Player maybe? Not sure if they'll show it there though.

You'll get one very easily as it's on Sky Sports 👍🏼

Hesgoal, Ripple, Stream2Watch - should be loads!

Sounds like the Horgan non-selection was not due to injury, just not picked.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:56pm

Does RTE player not work properly for anyone else or is it because I'm tethering?

I've never been able to watch a match on my laptop using it.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:57pm

Does RTE player not work properly for anyone else or is it because I'm tethering?

Works fine in Ireland but fairly sure you'd need a VPN abroad

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:57pm

No it's just sh*te.

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm

It can be touch and go with big events but its always sh*te on my laptop over wifi, have to use it wired for a solid stream so could be tethering yeah.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 4:31pm

Even using a VPN I couldn't access the player from abroad recently 

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 4:39pm

Not sure if this will be okay?

https://youtu.be/tdWybOn3r3w" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/tdWybOn3r3w

-------------

Print Page | Close Window