Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57994
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 5:29pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ireland v Qatar, Tuesday 12 October 7:45pm
Posted By: You Tell Me
Subject: Ireland v Qatar, Tuesday 12 October 7:45pm
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:14pm
We might see a few dropouts and callups between now and this game but, based on the current squad, I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Kelleher
       Collins Omobamidele Egan
Doherty                                   Stevens
                    Cullen Knight
                         McGrath
               Robinson Connolly

The big win tonight takes the pressure off this window and means the result of this game is largely meaningless, so definitely a chance to change things up a bit and see what other options we have. That team I've picked there only includes five starters from tonight and still looks strong, which is encouraging.

I'd like to see Collins start for his debut and hopefully see Scales and Keane come in at some stage as well. Maybe see more of Ogbene too. Still would want to keep the the spine of the first team in place though to keep it meaningful rather than just playing all the second choice lads, so I'd like to see one of Duffy or Egan as well as Doherty, Cullen and Robinson starting again if they're all fit and available.

Replies:
Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:21pm
                    Kelleher
     Collins  Omobamidele   Scales
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 
          Robinson         Connolly 

Posted By: hulkhogan
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

Like this but would have Egan for scales, wouldn't mind seeing more of ogbene too. Idah really needs a goal if he's gonna be our main man up too but yes this fixture might aswell give parrot Collins and keane a go

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:37pm
If there are replacements to be called in McNamara, Taylor and Scully are three I'd like to see come in. Jimmy Dunne and Jake Doyle-Hayes might be two others to consider, I'd leave the Under 21 lads where they are with the Montenegro game coming up for them.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

If there are replacements to be called in McNamara, Taylor and Scully are three I'd like to see come in. Jimmy Dunne and Jake Doyle-Hayes might be two others to consider, I'd leave the Under 21 lads where they are with the Montenegro game coming up for them.

There are enough lads already in the squad to be tried on Tuesday. Kelleher, Keane, Scales and (Nathan) Collins. Parrot, Ogbene deserve starts. Absolutely no need to call up anyone else. This isn't Football Manager 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:42pm
Molumby and brown still injured?

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Posted By: shakeyshamrock
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

they were suspended for today no?

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:48pm
Jeff is better than both of those anyway.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:51pm
Would be happy with the team in the opening post. Agreed that the pressure is off so we can try out a few lads who haven't had much of a chance but would be good to get a positive result too. Personally would like to see Scales play as I feel left back is an area we need to try someone new for the future. 

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Yes your right actually, id actually nearly be tempted to give them a break for the quarar game but bothn could probably do with a run out

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Posted By: Greenie50
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:01pm
Expecting Browne & Molumby to join up with the squad for this. I'd go:

Parrott
        Robinson       Knight
Stevens Cullen Browne Doherty
          Egan Duffy N.Collins
                 Kelleher

Idah & Connolly aren't match fit, so Parrott gets the nod for me. If Knight isn't ready to start then move Browne to the 10, and start Molumby beside Cullen.

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:05pm

Yes your right actually, id actually nearly be tempted to give them a break for the quarar game but bothn could probably do with a run out

Both were suspended yeah.

Browne is currently on holidays with his family in Italy and still semi recovering from his injury, I imagine he will be let rest for a meaningless friendly.

Molumby is back in Dublin at the moment so he will probably link up with the squad.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:07pm

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

I see a lot of people recently taking about Qatar like they're minnows, comparing them to Andorra & Oman (*cough* Brian Kerr *cough*), Qatar are a better side than us. This isn't a friendly for them, they aren't just here to give their lads a run out, they're taking this seriously for the WC.

We want to try to win this game & build momentum off the win tonight, that back line you listed will get torn apart, far too inexperienced.

I also don't see Knight as a CM right now, he's far better as an AM, preferably on the right as his crossing is very good.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

There are enough lads already in the squad to be tried on Tuesday. Kelleher, Keane, Scales and (Nathan) Collins. Parrot, Ogbene deserve starts. Absolutely no need to call up anyone else. This isn't Football Manager 

It depends who drops out, if anyone. If nobody drops out then there's no need to call anyone up, but if a few drop out there will presumably be call ups, even just to train with the squad and sit on the bench.

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:13pm
I hope he puts out what he thinks is his best team and goes full on for a win. Kenny's job is still in the balance.  

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I hope he puts out what he thinks is his best team and goes full on for a win. Kenny's job is still in the balance.  

Richie Sadlier made the point that the team needs to kick on and win this one in decent style as well. The team can't just slump back to a 0-0 or a 1-1 or whatever. It needs to show that it is actually improving and knows how to win matches and score goals (consistently).

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

I see a lot of people recently taking about Qatar like they're minnows, comparing them to Andorra & Oman (*cough* Brian Kerr *cough*), Qatar are a better side than us. This isn't a friendly for them, they aren't just here to give their lads a run out, they're taking this seriously for the WC.

We want to try to win this game & build momentum off the win tonight, that back line you listed will get torn apart, far too inexperienced.

I also don't see Knight as a CM right now, he's far better as an AM, preferably on the right as his crossing is very good.

No they aren't stop talking sh*te.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

Qatar are ranked 43rd & are on an upswing, we're 50th & are at a historic low point.

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:47pm

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

Ah come off it, no they're not. Yeah, Al Saad striker Akram Afif and Al-Duhail striker Almoez Ali are well used to tearing apart back lines. 

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:55pm
We like taking big scalps. Add Qatar to that soon......

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:58pm
Kelleher, collins, Knight, parrott and connolly all players I like to see start Tuesday night

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 10:09pm

It is but I don't know that a win, draw or loss in this game will do anything to tip the balance either way, short of dishing out or receiving a hammering. The last two group games are the key ones. One win and two good performances needed in those.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 10:39pm

It is but I don't know that a win, draw or loss in this game will do anything to tip the balance either way, short of dishing out or receiving a hammering. The last two group games are the key ones. One win and two good performances needed in those.

Momentum. Winning is a habit, as they say. Having 2 wins going into November is much better than 1, much better for Kenny's case to stay on.

A win always looks better than loss on the record, even if it's a friendly.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

Oh yes they are. 

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:27pm
Hopeful that tonight’s performance really makes some of those on the edge of the Xi step up for this one.

Robinson scoring a couple tonight will add a nice bit of pressure to the other forward line to contribute and Ogbene too. 

Idah desperately needs a goal but I hope to see Troy start and Connolly. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:52pm
Need to use this came wisely to build on tonights result.

If we're to persist with the 3-4-2-1 formation we need to find alternatives that suit the system.

3 CB's, 2 CM's and 2 WB's pretty much pick themselves but we could do with looking at the LWB alternatives between Stevens, Scales and Manning (I know hes out for this game) and also that 4th back up spot for CB in the event of injury i.e Collins.

Otherwise that part of the time is fine.

Forward options is where the real issue lies. We need to the find the right combinations and balance of player for the 2 in behind the centre forward as well as the CF.

We looked OK with Idah as the target man / holder upper of the ball to bring Horgan and Robinson into play earlier but they were a poor combo together. Worked far better in the second half with McGrath.

Id like to see Parrott or Keane tried instead beside McGrath with Robinson as the leading CF.

Id also like to see Connolly given a chance at CF and not out wide.

Bazunu
         Collins  Duffy Egan
Doherty  Cullen Hendrick  Stevens
           McGrath  Parrott/Keane
                  Robinson

Posted By: Pinginí
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:59pm
I don't see the point in starting Kelleher in this, Bazunu is our #1 and he should play as many games as possible at his age.

Qatar will be taking this very seriously, as should we. We can't afford to not play our strongest team, momentum is too important to waste.

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

I don't see the point in starting Kelleher in this, Bazunu is our #1 and he should play as many games as possible at his age.

Qatar will be taking this very seriously, as should we. We can't afford to not play our strongest team, momentum is too important to waste.

Kenny made that mistake not playing one of them and playing Randolph in every game in the build up to the Serbia game. It cost us a result with Travers going in cold and getting stage fright.

Kelleher should absolutely be starting the Qatar game. He most certainly isn't a downgrade on Bazunu.

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:33am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Kenny made that mistake not playing one of them and playing Randolph in every game in the build up to the Serbia game. It cost us a result with Travers going in cold and getting stage fright.

Kelleher should absolutely be starting the Qatar game. He most certainly isn't a downgrade on Bazunu.

I would've thought he has a big enough one as tall as he is.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:42am

Last month Kenny pretty much said Kelleher would start vs Qatar.

BTW Kelleher is not at all a downgrade from Bazunu and absolutely deserves a chance to prove himself.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

If we're to persist with the 3-4-2-1 formation we need to find alternatives that suit the system.

3 CB's, 2 CM's and 2 WB's pretty much pick themselves but we could do with looking at the LWB alternatives between Stevens, Scales and Manning (I know hes out for this game) and also that 4th back up spot for CB in the event of injury i.e Collins.

Forward options is where the real issue lies. We need to the find the right combinations and balance of player for the 2 in behind the centre forward as well as the CF.

We looked OK with Idah as the target man / holder upper of the ball to bring Horgan and Robinson into play earlier but they were a poor combo together. Worked far better in the second half with McGrath.

Id like to see Parrott or Keane tried instead beside McGrath with Robinson as the leading CF.

Bazunu
         Collins  Duffy Egan
           McGrath  Parrott/Keane
                  Robinson

Why do you care? You've already said you won't be attending or watching.. 

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:46am
It's good timing to start Kelleher in this game as he's on course to play against Watford and Atletico Madrid.

Bazunu's had a massive run of games now, we can take a look at someone else.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 1:10am
Its time to kick on now and draw this 1-1

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 1:14am

Bazunu
         Collins  Duffy Egan
           McGrath  Parrott/Keane
                  Robinson

Why do you care? You've already said you won't be attending or watching.. 

What has my personal disdain for the corrupt scumbag Qatari regime got to do with anything?

I obviously support my team and want them to do well and to go and build on tonights performance in preparation for future games. Whether I attend or watch it bares no relevance on that.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 8:23am
Definitely start Kelleher for Qatar. For a number of reasons - because he needs games, because he's a real prospect and we can do better than just cast him aside a number 2 keeper and never play him. But mainly because he almost certainly is number 2 which means it only takes a Bazunu knock or a sending off and he'll be thrown straight in there, so any chance to give him game time along side a decent number of our first team players should be taken.

I thought he was excellent against Hungary and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 9:19am

Bazunu
         Collins  Duffy Egan
           McGrath  Parrott/Keane
                  Robinson

Agree with a lot of that, I think LWB, one of the central midfield spots and one or two of the forward positions are the jerseys up for grabs. Stevens is probably our best LWB but it feels he hasn't had a good game for us in a while, I absolutely do not want to see McClean start v Qatar despite having a decent game last night - Stevens or Scales for me.

Not much else we can try in central midfield with Knight, Browne and Molumby all out but you'd imagine all of them will be competing with Hendrick for that position. Maybe Knight will be back for Tuesday, in that case I would start him. Front 3 we have lots of options but aside FROM Robinson nobody was really grabbed it. Idah and McGrath have done well but the likes of Parrott or Connolly could be improvements if they were given more of a chance. 

Kelleher should absolutely start this game, yes Bazunu is deservedly our number one for the moment but both keepers have huge potential, it would be wrong and unfair to Kelleher to label him as backup already, they will both be competing for the starting spot for the next 10+ years. 

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 11:12am

What has my personal disdain for the corrupt scumbag Qatari regime got to do with anything?

I obviously support my team and want them to do well and to go and build on tonights performance in preparation for future games. Whether I attend or watch it bares no relevance on that.

So you won't come to support Ireland because of who they're playing? that's a new one.. 

I presume you also didn't watch the game against Saudi Arabia in 2002, and that you boycotted friendlies against the imperial aggressors USA and England.. I imagine you also boycotted our games against France as a result of their treatment of muslim women.. 

I'm amazed you get to watch a match at all... 

I think most people would say that supporters would either attend or watch the games of the team they support.. 

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 11:45am
Look I understand it. It's a fair enough stance to take. I had no interest in a world cup in Qatar. Its grotesque and has proven to be as such

But I have no objection to them having a football team. 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 8:36pm
.......................Kelleher
....Omobamidele...Collins...Scales
Doherty...Cullen...Knight...McClean(c)
...........Robinson....McGrath
...................Parrott

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 9:26pm
Kelleher
Doherty Omobamidele Duffy Egan McClean
Cullen Hendrick McGrath
Robinson Parrott

Thinking Kelleher, McGrath and Parrott will come into the team.

Possible that Stevens, Knight and Connolly will play also.

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:59am
Stick with the 3-4-2-1
1) Kelleher - Every bit as big a prospect as Bazunu, deserves a start, shouldnt weaken us at all
2) Doherty - Needs game time given lack of minutes at club level. Christie the only option
3) Stevens - Mc Clean justified his selection, but worth giving Enda a runout, shouldnt weaken us
4) N. Collins - Omabamidele gave an assured performance, but Collins deserves a spin out
5) Duffy
6) Egan - Stick with the two stalwarts
7) ??????? - I'd probably rest Cullen, he's cemented his place, but we should have a look at options
8) Hendrick - I'd give Jeff another spin, needs the game time
9) Parrott/Keane/Collins - Give Idah a rest and let's see do we have anyone else that can play that #9 role
10) Robinson (Connolly) - Give Aaron a 30 minute run out 2nd half
11) Mc Grath (Ogbene) - Mc Grath deserves a start, give Ogbene another spin off the bench

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: Stimpy
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 11:03am
                    Kelleher
               Egan Duffy Collins
       Doherty Cullen Knight Stevens
           Ogbene Parrott Connolly

Posted By: saintjoey
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 11:35am
Anyone not able to transfer tickets to another person for this?

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 11:46am
Kelleher and Collins are the obvious two I'd like to see. Kelleher just as much a prospect as Bazunu and we should have another new cap in Collins touchwood especially as an injury to Omobamidele Egan Duffy in the meantime he will have to be thrown in. 

Id also love to see Scales given a run out at LWB. McClean was good Saturday credit where it's due but football didn't start Saturday he's still been a liability in recent games coming on against Portugal and Azerbaijan at home chief. Stevens hasn't kicked a ball under Kenny been very poor fair if others think he deserves a run out but I'd love to see fresh blood in this position with a long term view (Euro qualifiers). Scales and Bagan are that obvious fresh blood.

Finally give Keane a run from the start. That might contradict the view above but Collins unless he's coming off the bench ain't it.  We have no Idah type target man. Also as we need goals Im not as bothered about taking a short term view with attackers (Robinson Keane). Parrott Connolly and Idah could and possibly will all be better then the two above in time. I'd leave Parrott with the 21s just to give them a bit of star quality.

Kelleher
           Collins Duffy Egan
Doherty.                          Scales
                 Cullen Knight
                     McGrath
               Keane Robinson

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 12:23pm
I wouldn't change a lot. Try to tweak the team for the next qualifier. 

Knight if fit instead of Hendrick. 

I would stick with Idah to try and get him off the mark. He was poor the last day. Looked like he lacked energy and that can often happen if you are recovering from a fever. he was reactive rather than proactive on the pitch and his hold up play was terrible. 

Someone instead of Horgan. He was terrible on Saturday.

If Stevens is an option instead of Mcclean i would try him also. (Mclean was vg on Saturday)

Really think we need to bed down our team at this stage.

Second half we can throw on the subs.

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 12:45pm
Important to see if N. Collins is up to it, he's next in line with O'Shea out, if anything happens to the 3 currently in possession. I'd have given Manning a run at LWB, just to have a look, but I think I'd wait with Scales until he gets some first team minutes at Celtic under his belt.

Kelleher must start also and I'd like to see Knight get a run out as one of the two in CM either for Cullen (could be due a rest) or Hendrick (might benefit from another run out). We still haven't seen him play there for Ireland and I want to see if he has the tactical discipline to play there, as I dont trust Molumby there at all and the other options like Hourihane and Arter aren't inspiring. 

I think we also have to look at another option for Idah in the #9 position. It would be nice to win the game, but there are a few areas of the pitch where we need to have a look at the options available. Who knows who will be available come November? e.g. If Cullen or Idah were out for that one, it's unclear to me who would replace them, now is the time to have a look. The result in this game is secondary imo, but obviously a win would be most welcome so there is a balance, but imo at a minimum, Kelleher, N. Collins and Knight (in the CM 2) should definitely start and we should also have a look at somebody else in Idah's position, probably either Keane or Parrott as I think we know what Collins offers.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 1:32pm
Kelleher/Travers

Omobamidele Duffy Egan

Doherty Knight Cullen Stevens

Robinson McGrath

Parrott

Give Kelleher and Travers a half each, replace Hendrick with Knight and start McGrath and Parrott over Horgan and Idah.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 1:59pm
Got my email from TicketMaster earlier with me tickets and it clearly states:

Y O U R   T I C K E T S   A R E   A T T A C H E D.
* THIS EMAIL ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY *
Y O U   M U S T   D O W N L O A D,  P R I N T,  A N D   B R I N G   Y O U R   T I C K E T S   F O R   E N T R Y

So now I have to track down a printer?

I used the tickets on the phone for the Serbia match so am not sure what is different.
Anyone else have this issue?

Posted By: PaConnors
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Y O U   M U S T   D O W N L O A D,  P R I N T,  A N D   B R I N G   Y O U R   T I C K E T S   F O R   E N T R Y

I used the tickets on the phone for the Serbia match so am not sure what is different.

Are you in the South Stand? That seemed to be the case for previous games. 

Posted By: Ecumenical Matter
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:23pm
     Kelleher

Egan Duffy Collins
Doherty Knight Hendrick   Stevens
       Mc Grath
Ogbene  Connolly

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

Yep, Block 514.
Have found a lad with a printer so will go old-school to the match with paper-tickets in hand.

Cheers.

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

<t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">Y O U R   T I C K E T S   A R E   A T T A C H E D.</span></td></tr></t></table><t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;"></span></td></tr></t></table><t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">* THIS EMAIL ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY *</span></td></tr></t></table><t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;"></span></td></tr></t></table><t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">Y O U   M U S T   D O W N L O A D,  P R I N T,  A N D   B R I N G   Y O U R   T I C K E T S   F O R   E N T R Y</span></td></tr></t></table>

Yep, Block 514.
Have found a lad with a printer so will go old-school to the match with paper-tickets in hand.

Cheers.

No email for me and I'm in the South Stand and have my e-ticket on the Ticketmaster App. QR code

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Kelleher and Collins are the obvious two I'd like to see. Kelleher just as much a prospect as Bazunu and we should have another new cap in Collins touchwood especially as an injury to Omobamidele Egan Duffy in the meantime he will have to be thrown in. 

Id also love to see Scales given a run out at LWB. McClean was good Saturday credit where it's due but football didn't start Saturday he's still been a liability in recent games coming on against Portugal and Azerbaijan at home chief. Stevens hasn't kicked a ball under Kenny been very poor fair if others think he deserves a run out but I'd love to see fresh blood in this position with a long term view (Euro qualifiers). Scales and Bagan are that obvious fresh blood.

Finally give Keane a run from the start. That might contradict the view above but Collins unless he's coming off the bench ain't it.  We have no Idah type target man. Also as we need goals Im not as bothered about taking a short term view with attackers (Robinson Keane). Parrott Connolly and Idah could and possibly will all be better then the two above in time. I'd leave Parrott with the 21s just to give them a bit of star quality.

Kelleher
           Collins Duffy Egan
Doherty.                          Scales
                 Cullen Knight
                     McGrath
               Keane Robinson

I do think your point re dropping Parrott down to the U-21s for the next window has some merit tbh. We had 9 or 10 lads in this squad vying for the front 3 positions this time around - Knight, Mc Grath, Horgan, Ogbene, Collins, Keane, Idah, Parrott, Connolly, Robinson (you could even throw Mc Clean in there). That's too many imo especially in a 2 game window. 

The U21s next window is critical - Sweden and Italy both at home and they sorely lack a striker despite looking pretty competitive elsewhere on the pitch. If everyone else is fit for the seniors and he's not planning on playing Parrott vs Portugal/Luxembourg, then I think it would be reasonable to give him a couple of starts in what will be competitive games (particularly if the U21s can beat Montenegro away tmw). I'm not picking on Parrott at all btw, it's just that he's the youngest, looks to still be a bit off a starting position in the senior team and he might not take it as an insult if it was explained clearly to him.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: B6 6HE
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:06pm

Kelleher

Egan Duffy Collins
Doherty Knight Omadimiele  Stevens
       Mc Grath    Ogbene 
                Keane

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Kelleher

Egan Duffy Collins
Doherty Knight Omadimiele  Stevens
       Mc Grath    Ogbene 
                Keane
Welcome back Robbie!

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:25pm
Game Will be a sell out 

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:01pm

you can print for free in your local library even if you're not a member

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:21pm
This is capped at 25k capacity?
Are the november games back to a full house?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:33pm

This is capped at 25k capacity?
Are the november games back to a full house?

Yeah it's 50% capacity until October 22nd and think they'll be at full capacity for Novembers game against Portugal.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:20pm
Holy sh*t, have we actually sold a lot of tickets here? Just had a look on ticketmaster for the craic and there are a load of sections gone! 

-------------

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Holy sh*t, have we actually sold a lot of tickets here? Just had a look on ticketmaster for the craic and there are a load of sections gone! 

Dan McDonnell said on Twitter about an hour ago that there are only 300 left 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:46pm

That’s unbelievable. I genuinely thought there’d be less than 10,000 at it!

Just shows, bar the few depressants around there, there seems to be a bit of a buzz/excitement starting to build with Kenny and this group of players (despite the sh** results). 

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:49pm
Wow! That is genuinely unbelievable! I thought 10-15k absolute max as well! 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 7:58pm
I put it out there as 20-25 thousand before i knew there was a limit so i was bang in. Just saying LOL

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:16pm
I would have said 12,000 to be honest , hummm didn't see that one at all .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:30pm
Was admittedly way off myself, I thought 10-15k tops.

Suppose the price point paid a very big part in sales plus the fact that a lot of casual fans haven't been able to attend games of any kind for the guts of 2 years.

Goes to show what a more competent FAI board can do that its tune with the general public.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:38pm
I wonder how many got tickets for this too in hope of getting tickets for Portugal game and a chance to see their hero play

Posted By: baresi41
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I wonder how many got tickets for this too in hope of getting tickets for Portugal game and a chance to see their hero play

Precisely...Angry

-------------
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:51pm
But sure how could that get them access to the Portugal game? To be honest I thought they'd do a double header to sell tickets but obviously that wasn't at all necessary

I think the general public maybe, just maybe, want to watch Ireland play again! 

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:05pm
18k at the Bulgaria and New Zealand friendlies 2 years back, I would have expected similar. 

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:15pm

that’s great news - a few things at play possibly - team winning, folk desperate to see a game after the long wait, maybe African community might be more attracted to support the team, no rain forecast.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:47am
I wouldn't be making a huge amount of changes to the team tbh. Some of them could do with the minutes, and it would disrupt the momentum that has been built. It's a friendly, but maintaining the momentum will be important.

I'd be more in favour of the likes of Collins, Connolly, Keane, etc coming on later in the game, rather than being thrown in from the start.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 7:16am
When was the last time we won both games in a double header?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 8:24am
Sounds like Cullen out with a knee injury

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:37am
We play in blue. COYBIB for one night only

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:39am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Georgia and Gibraltar under Mick. 

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:49am
25,000 is great but it has to be admitted that the pricing has a lot to do with it. 10e for Adults and 5e for kids in the pre-sale is great value for money for any international.

Still, I am actually coming out of Lansdowne Road in recent times having enjoyed watching a game, rather than being bored stupid by caveman football for 90 minutes.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:56am

Gibraltar and Georgia in March 2019

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:09am
Class to sell this out. Would be 7 or 8000 at it under Mick or Martin, unreal backing for Kenny from the fans. Hopefully another good performance and a win. 

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:27am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Class to sell this out. Would be 7 or 8000 at it under Mick or Martin, unreal backing for Kenny from the fans. Hopefully another good performance and a win. 

Kenny has definitely made us easier on the eye.

I dislike the disparaging of previous successful managers.

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:47am

It's also so important we get fans interested in the international team again, there are the hard-core fans on this forum that will support through tough times but keeping young lads involved is essential.

We're scoring goals again despite not having a recognised forward which helps a lot. There was a time when it was a set piece or nothing.

We're also ticking some boxes in various positions. Goalkeeper competition looks stronger than ever. Central defence looks solid for years. Just need to work on midfield and forward now 

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:01am
i think our 2 in midfield are getting exposed. our wide forwards are not filtering back well enough to give us protection when we dont have the ball. Is the answer having an extra midfielder from the start and just 2 up top or stick to current formation but try and get the wide players to help out more 

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:02am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

i think our 2 in midfield are getting exposed. our wide forwards are not filtering back well enough to give us protection when we dont have the ball. Is the answer having an extra midfielder from the start and just 2 up top or stick to current formation but try and get the wide players to help out more 
extra body in the middle needed

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:04am
I have 5 x €1 tickets available to a good home if anyone is interested.

Send me on your email address and will get them sent to your ticketmaster a/c

These are now gone

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:38am

Is the truth disparaging? 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:44am

extra body in the middle needed

I think 343 works well.

Its effectively a back 5 with a holding pair and a fluid  three attacking players so without the ball we can have banks of 5.

Robinson Ogbene Connolly would be a very mobile 3.

We have an issue with the 2 CMs being isolated in midfield. And then were over run.

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 12:21pm
Was this Qatar game part of the previous ST?

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 12:23pm
Looking for a spare for a friend tonight if anyone can help out? Not something I thought I would be asking LOL

Posted By: RobsYourUncle
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 12:29pm
I assume the issue from the last game of South Stand tickets needing to be printed is sorted now? Didn't see any mention of it buying the tickets this time, QR code at the gate be grand?

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

I assume the issue from the last game of South Stand tickets needing to be printed is sorted now? Didn't see any mention of it buying the tickets this time, QR code at the gate be grand?

No, I had to print mine for the South stand anyway.

Posted By: Heimatklange
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Dont know why people are getting so misty eyed about Mick or MON. The squad selection and tactics were caveman like, the results poor and no one was watching. Kenny has done away with all that given a few kids their chances and gotten us playing a much better style. 

If we'd been playing Azerbajan under Mick we would have been outplayed the entire match with Glen Whelan in the middle and probably drawn 0-0. 

I for one am relieved we have left all that behind us. 

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 1:59pm

Didn’t need to print mine this time.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Didn’t need to print mine this time.
Can you get in with QR code on the phone ?

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 2:27pm
two spare for West Stand e12 each should be around Slatterys 6.30ish

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: markydav2
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 2:35pm
will take if still available. Thanks

Posted By: markydav2
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

will take, if still available. Thanks

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

I'll take them if they're still going. PM sent

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:13pm

This is where Jason Knight was missed the other night. Think it would have been him and Robinson that would have started behind Idah.

Not sure where he'll start tonight thought with Cullen out. Play him in that advanced role and you're looking at a midfield two of Hendrick and Hourihane *shudders*

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Dont know why people are getting so misty eyed about Mick or MON. The squad selection and tactics were caveman like, the results poor and no one was watching. Kenny has done away with all that given a few kids their chances and gotten us playing a much better style. 

If we'd been playing Azerbajan under Mick we would have been outplayed the entire match with Glen Whelan in the middle and probably drawn 0-0. 

More nonsense.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:48pm
i would like to see-

Kelleher; Collins Duffy Egan; Doherty Knight Hendrick Stevens; Robinson McGrath; Idah

will be interesting to see who he picks for central midfield with cullen out. also hope to see scales at some point

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net