Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57972
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 5:15am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: World Cup every two years
Posted By: t_rAndy
Subject: World Cup every two years
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:04am
Interesting concept but plenty of pros and cons. Where's your head at on the idea?

Replies:
Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:07am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Interesting concept but plenty of pros and cons. Where's your head at on the idea?
Absolutely not..WC works so well as its every four years. All about the $$$ as usual regardless of what they say about player welfare.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:11am
I would say at this stage I don't like the idea as I think it will lower the achievement of the team that wins it and biggest issue would be what it would do to the qualifiers, with likely going to like a rugby 6 nations set up where you play some teams at home and some teams away but not a home and away thing. 
At least in Europe, the system is very good and would lose a lot of its charm if we lost the home and away set up. 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:14am
Terrible idea motivated by money alone. 

Posted By: B6 6HE
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:20am

Shocking idea.

Euros is a better footballing event.

Every 4 years adds to the uniqueness of the tournament. 

And yet....its probably inevitable. 

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:22am
The only logical pros are for the very select few who will make.a financial killing. 

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:23am
They'll be less restrictive on qualifying to allow more countries compete to make even more money.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:26am
Europe and South America against it though. All the others open to the idea.

UEFA and South America Confederation should just threaten to form their own breakaway world football governing body and bring their clubs and nations into it.

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:41am
seen Wenger saying about all these countries that hat have never qualified for the World Cup. Making it every two years won’t help. They still won’t qualify. They have a point about young people not being interested but this won’t solve anything.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:04am
largely irrelevant to us as we won’t be seeing one for a long
Time.  Probably just means we sack our managers more often and qualifiers are more concentrated I.e 5 games in 3 weeks for
Example twice a year. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:26am
An issue that unites YBIG forum Clap

It's the "European Superleague idea" of International Football

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

seen Wenger saying about all these countries that hat have never qualified for the World Cup. Making it every two years won’t help. They still won’t qualify. They have a point about young people not being interested but this won’t sole anything.

Hmm, young people losing interest in football eh? So what can we do? 

- Promote going to see your local football team wherever it is you live. More young people from Manchester watching City or United. More kids from Sligo watching Sligo Rovers. 
- Foster links between kids and their international or local team. 
- Reduce ticket prices for children to make going to matches more accessible.
- Introduce safe standing areas so they are attend games with their mates and enjoy the colour and atmosphere

Nah, fook it. We'll just knock out a WC every two years instead.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:44am

I can see why Asian teams and to an extent African teams favour it.

The Euros is a better completion. 

It would destroy the European Championships 

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:48am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Terrible idea motivated by money alone. 

This.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 12:00pm
No facking way. Bad enough increasing the teams but having it every 2 years would completely ruin the prestige of it. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 12:20pm
Not much more to add on what has already been stated above. Terrible idea for many reasons.

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 1:33pm
Went undecided as yet to read a detailed article of the pros and cons.
As this is driven by the $$ and power imbalance between ( 1 ) a growing small elite clubs in elite leagues in western europe and ( 2 ) the rest, ...I dont see the any media stakeholder in ( 1 )  filling us in.

That said gut reaction is no.. as dilutes the competition and from a european perspective grand as is with a competition every 2 years.  

Posted By: Bukowski
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 2:39pm
Would turn the WC into a youtube-like content overload, big on quantity and low on quality. Just won't have the cache it has now, will lose a lot of it's meaning.

-------------
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 2:46pm
These ****s are killing the game. Its all about money and not football.

Would have zero interest in a World Cup held every 2 years.

Its already hard enough to have any interest in 2022 World Cup being held in f**king Qatar in poxy Winter because of all the brown envelopes UEFA took.

Then the f**king hack of 2026 being a 48 team World Cup that only benefits teams in sh*tty confederations like CONCACAF and AFC. aka they want to ensure the likes of USA and China make it every time with their massive populations and revenues they would bring.

Not to mention 2026 being spread out across 3 massive countries where its virtually impossible for fans to travel between cities.

Its a joke and the only way to take control is not to tune into the finals.

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 2:47pm
What are the proposals for the Euros if there is a WC every two years? 

If most countries of the World are in favour of this then why should it be stopped? 

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

If most countries of the World are in favour of this then why should it be stopped? 

UEFA shoud only send teams every 4 years and make the whole alternative running of it, when the better Euros are on, a farce.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Ceferin said something along the lines of “good luck having a World Cup without Europe and South America” when asked about this recently. Europe and South America hold the real power. Tell FIFA to fck off and pull out if FIFA go ahead with this ridiculous plan. I think it’s all a ploy to have an enlarged Club World Cup but if it’s not, it can’t work without Europe & South America.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 3:29pm
Exactly, wouldn't be much of a World Cup without

Argentina
Brazil
Uruguay
Chile
Colombia

and

Portugal
Spain
Italy
England
France
Germany
Netherlands

If you off the last World Cup you'd be left with

Mexico
Costa Rica
Tunisia
Egypt
Senegal
Iran
Nigeria
Australia
Japan
Morocco
Panama
South Korea
Saudi Arabia

Good luck trying to sell that to anyone!

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Argentina
Brazil
Uruguay
Chile
Colombia

and

Portugal
Spain
Italy
England
France
Germany
Netherlands

Mexico
Costa Rica
Tunisia
Egypt
Senegal
Iran
Nigeria
Australia
Japan
Morocco
Panama
South Korea
Saudi Arabia

From 2026 it will be 46 teams. Can you imagine?

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Argentina
Brazil
Uruguay
Chile
Colombia

and

Portugal
Spain
Italy
England
France
Germany
Netherlands

Mexico
Costa Rica
Tunisia
Egypt
Senegal
Iran
Nigeria
Australia
Japan
Morocco
Panama
South Korea
Saudi Arabia

We could finally see the derby everyone wants to see at the main stage, Congo v DR Congo. 

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:57pm
should be a 3 year cycle

World Cup
Euros
then in the 3rd year a 32-team Club World Cup

I think we all agree summers without a major international tournament are rubbish.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

should be a 3 year cycle

World Cup
Euros
then in the 3rd year a 32-team Club World Cup

I think we all agree summers without a major international tournament are rubbish.

Leave it as it is.

Only change I would make is a second 32 team 'B' World Cup

I still think a B competition would have merit, it would be competitive without diluting the main competition 

As for Prestige? I would love it if Ireland won the B World Cup....LOVE IT!!!

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:53am
B world cup would definitely be deadly! The only problem would be when to host it? If it was say 2 years after the main world cup it's too far away from teams qualified and it would put players into different cycles whether they are part of A or B (maybe latter is not too a big a problem).

You would probably have to host it at the same time as the main world cup.
For example:
World Cup A hosted in America timezime (2 games per day)
World cup B hosted in APJ time zone (2 games per day). 

Sell as two separate broadcast packages. 
Fans would get 4 games per day (2 from world cup A and 2 from B competition)
But it would also be a football overload and take away from world cup A's prestige. 

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:59am
Another thing I really hate about Wenger's proposal is to have less international windows, e.g. 2 per year! 

1. I already cannot wait for the next window which is next month. Having to wait 6 months between the windows would be so sh*t.

2. What happens when your best player tweaks his hammy right before the condensed 2 week window and is out for a few weeks, he misses half the campaign and you are goosed 

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:59am

B world cup would definitely be deadly! The only problem would be when to host it? If it was say 2 years after the main world cup it's too far away from teams qualified and it would put players into different cycles whether they are part of A or B (maybe latter is not too a big a problem).

For example:

But it would also be a football overload and take away from world cup A's prestige. 

Europa League and Champions League run concurrently. 

Many teams would be more suited to the B.

You could even have a C and D World Cup.

Have qualification and grading based on the Nations League.

At underage level, we always have gradings..sane should apply to senior international. 

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:01am

Another thing I really hate about Wenger's proposal is to have less international windows, e.g. 2 per year! 

1. I already cannot wait for the next window which is next month. Having to wait 6 months between the windows would be so sh*t.

2. What happens when your best player tweaks his hammy right before the condensed 2 week window and is out for a few weeks, he misses half the campaign and you are goosed 

100%.
The watering down of International football for the benefit of the massive clubs is all that seems to matter.
They just want the big European teams playing each other weekly to the world and sell that to every country.
All other forms of the sport are to be just feeders to that.

Greed generally always wins.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

For example:

At underage level, we always have gradings..sane should apply to senior international. 

Yeah true. After I thought about it while writing, it would be very exciting and great for the countries who would be in it. The main countries could still not care so much about the secondary competition (like the CL) but the countries that are in with would fully consume both and embrace. 

Get Wenger on the phone Big smile

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:18am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

For example:

I can see Uefa using the way that the U19s nation's league is gonna be used, and trying it out at senior level. Replace the actual qualifiers with just the nation's league and even throw a secondary tournament in for the teams that didn't qualify.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

100%.
The watering down of International football for the benefit of the massive clubs is all that seems to matter.
They just want the big European teams playing each other weekly to the world and sell that to every country.
All other forms of the sport are to be just feeders to that.

Greed generally always wins.
I'd be happy enough for International Football to be kept to summer months in non-tournament years, let leagues and Europe run from September to April, then we have 4/5 International games in June and another 4 in August, keep the away trips on the warm months.

Realise it has the big downfall of the key player being injured as you mention above, and the people who only do international games have no football to attend from Sept-April. 

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:48pm

No I can't, as it will be 48 teams. 2 group games + 4 knockout rounds + final. So 7 games to win it, same amount as now. 16 groups of 3, top 2 qualify for the knockout rounds. Penalties may be used in all games, including the group games.

Everyone knows why they want it every 2 years, they've wanted it for a long time, but it won't devalue the competition, anymore than every 2 years devalues the Copa America or the Afcon. The question is where would you fit it into the existing calendar?

I have to laugh when I hear UEFA lecturing about "too much football". This is an organisation that adds more European club games and competitions seemingly every year, that's before talking about extra playoff qualifiers, expanding existing tournaments, admitting fake countries in like Gibraltar and Kosovo, and bringing Qatar into it's organisation. LOL

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

No I can't, as it will be 48 games. 2 group games + 4 knockout rounds + final. So 7 games to win it, same amount as now. 16 groups of 3, top 2 qualify for the knockout rounds. Penalties may be used in all games, including the group games.

Everyone knows why they want it every 2 years, they've wanted it for a long time, but it won't devalue the competition, anymore than every 2 years devalues the Copa America or the Afcon. The question is where would you fit it into the existing calendar?

I have to laugh when I hear UEFA lecturing about "too much football". This is an organisation that adds more European club games and competitions seemingly every year, that's before talking about extra playoff qualifiers, expanding existing tournaments, admitting fake countries in like Gibraltar and Kosovo, and bringing Qatar into it's organisation. LOL
A typo FFS.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

...anymore than every 2 years devalues the Copa America or the Afcon....

I think having the Copa America every 2 years does devalue it. When it rolls around I always think 'oh, that yoke again. Sure it happens practically ever year, who will win it this time, Brazil or Argentina? Meh, not interested.'

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 1:48pm
Best solution for me:

World Cup every 4 years
Keep it to 32 teams
Introduce a Championship World Cup around the same time. 
Have it in a different continent. 

Same with the Euro’s 
Let’s do 16 teams for the A tournament and 16 for the B tournament….

-------------

Posted By: Boondock
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:39pm
The 48 team world cup will be a mess, plenty of minnows playing each other. If they wanted to expand it then fine but have the best 48 teams in the world. Have world qualifying or something. Europe will be hugely under represented whereas Asia and Africa will have many extra spaces. Concacaf especially is a joke, Mexico and US just have to turn up to qualify. Makes you think why UEFA just accept it.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Boondock Boondock wrote:

The 48 team world cup will be a mess, plenty of minnows playing each other. If they wanted to expand it then fine but have the best 48 teams in the world. Have world qualifying or something. Europe will be hugely under represented whereas Asia and Africa will have many extra spaces. Concacaf especially is a joke, Mexico and US just have to turn up to qualify. Makes you think why UEFA just accept it.

Europe get the most representation so far already. Africa despite having 1 less member has half the representation.

If anything South America gets way too many over half of their teams can currently qualify they'll have 6 at the 48 team format.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Europe get the most representation so far already. Africa despite having 1 less member has half the representation.

If anything South America gets way too many over half of their teams can currently qualify they'll have 6 at the 48 team format.

International football in South America must be so boring.  Copa America every couple of years and they play each other in the WC Qualifiers.  Same teams all the time.  Must be like being a rugby fan with the 6 Nations.  Groundhog Day.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 3:13pm
Money spinner. 

Would also kill off all the continental competitions, the euros, concacaf, Copa America, Africa Cup of nations.

Non big nations need these competitions 

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 3:25pm
I'm repeating myself here, but the solution is keep the World Cup at 32 teams, but more spots open to Asian and African countires via inter-continental play-offs with European group runner-ups.

I can't believe Egypt or Uzbekistan would be overawed at the propspect of facing, say, Austria or Norway.  Conversely Czech Republic or Finland would fancy their chances against South Africa or China for a World Cup Finals spot.

And think of the trip opportunities.  Who amongst us wouldn't lke to go see Ireland in World Cup play-off at Soccer City or the Birds Nest Stadium?

Posted By: Boondock
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 12:10am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Europe do not get enough places just look at the world rankings. Africa may have as many countries but by and large they haven't done sh*t. Cameroon 30 yrs ago was supposed to herald a big change and bar 1 or 2 QF appearances it's been rather poor likewise for asia

Posted By: Yoco Santos
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Best solution for me:

World Cup every 4 years
Keep it to 32 teams
Introduce a Championship World Cup around the same time. 
Have it in a different continent. 

Same with the Euro’s 
Let’s do 16 teams for the A tournament and 16 for the B tournament….

Been saying this since Euros were expanded. Amazed it hasnt been done already. Means you could have the B tournament on during "rest" days or cover TV gaps in different regions for the A tournament. FIFA/UEFA/Sponsors would be keen on that I would think.

Wouldnt be for me but could even do a Copa and allow two invited teams to the B continental tournaments. Id say UEFA would be all over having a China/India TV market for a B tournament. 

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 8:53am
Think we're all fairly firmly against it but FIFA are putting a fairly big push on in this. Announced this week it would generate $4bn every time its held, and are playing the angle that "the money could go to poorer countries". UEFA have said they're firmly against it. Have a feeling this is gonna happen in our lifetime unfortunately if it becomes UEFA V all others.

I love World Cups when they're on but half the excitement for me is that they're not on every other year.  Euros and Champions League is probably better football, but WC is sacred because it's rare

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/1220/1267872-fifa-boss-believes-majority-support-biennial-world-cup/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/1220/1267872-fifa-boss-believes-majority-support-biennial-world-cup/

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Think we're all fairly firmly against it but FIFA are putting a fairly big push on in this. Announced this week it would generate $4bn every time its held, and are playing the angle that "the money could go to poorer countries". UEFA have said they're firmly against it. Have a feeling this is gonna happen in our lifetime unfortunately if it becomes UEFA V all others.

I love World Cups when they're on but half the excitement for me is that they're not on every other year.  Euros and Champions League is probably better football, but WC is sacred because it's rare

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/1220/1267872-fifa-boss-believes-majority-support-biennial-world-cup/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/1220/1267872-fifa-boss-believes-majority-support-biennial-world-cup/
UEFA and CONMEBOL will pull out. Good luck selling that World Cup.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Ecumenical Matter
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 9:01am
If UEFA and South America oppose it then it’s not going anywhere, irrespective of what the rest vote for.  

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

If UEFA and South America oppose it then it’s not going anywhere, irrespective of what the rest vote for.  

Think even if UEFA hold their ground its dead in the water  - the UEFA nations TV money that principally bankroll it as they are the wealthiest countries - there will be no appetite for a world cup without UEFA. Plus UEFA will want to guard their own money making tournament the euros

Its dead in the water IMO , the 'more money for poorer countries' is a hail mary pass

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 9:25am
I wish UEFA were as strong when it comes to arguing for World Cup places for European teams. Only three extra places in a 48 team tournament is ridiculous when you look at what the other confederations were given - effectively a guaranteed World Cup place for New Zealand every time etc.

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 10:07am
It is all about UEFA's money.  FIFA are trying to take it with a World Cup every two years, an expanded CWC to compete with the Champions League and by secretly backing the Super League.  

Now UEFA's money goes to the FAI and other national associations thanks to the very lucrative TV deals.  It also goes to our clubs with European money. Infantino worked for UEFA so he knows exactly how much money they make.  

Conmebol teams joining the Nations League is a threat to FIFA.  UEFA and Conmebol will have 17.5 of the 32 places in Qatar.  They will have 7 or 8 of the quarter finalists and all 4 of the semi finalists.  

The WC is going to get significantly worse in 2026 when many of the new 16 teams will be miles out of their depth.  

A WC without European and South American teams is a joke.  A Joint Europe/SA tournament is almost a WC.  A 32 team Euros in 2028 including the top 6-8 South American sides or a 48 team WC from the rest of the world.  Which one will attact sponsors and TV viewers?

I hope this cn be resolved but if not then we need UEFA to win.  

Posted By: aviva2015
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 5:26pm
My biggest issue with the 48 team world cup is the groups of 3. 

Has this been set in stone or is there any talk of maybe going 12 groups of 4 and the 8 best thirds making up a round of 32? 

Not ideal but surely better than travelling half the world for two matches and one could be a dead rubber and groups finishing with possible handshake draws ala Mccarthy Gullit 1990.

-------------
No Walters No Party

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 7:13pm
The footballing governing bodies seem dead set on destroying the sport.

Money f**king ruins sport.  Sick of it.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Ecumenical Matter
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 11:00pm
If the WC happens every two years does that mean the bribes will be reduced by 50%?

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 7:11pm
FIFA scrapping the barrel now 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60145227" rel="nofollow - Fifa president Gianni Infantino says biennial World Cup can help save African lives - BBC Sport

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60145227" rel="nofollow - Fifa president Gianni Infantino says biennial World Cup can help save African lives - BBC Sport

Can you imagine the uproar if Blatter had come out with a crock of sh*te like that? Embarrassed

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 8:16pm
FFS LOL

"We need to give opportunities and we need to give dignity," said Infantino.

"Not by giving charity, but by allowing the rest of the world to participate. We need to give hope to Africans so they don't need to cross the Mediterranean in order to find, maybe, a better life, but more probably death in the sea."

Then at the end of the article

Fifa delegates have been told switching the staging of football's biggest international tournament would generate https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59729834" rel="nofollow -

The ONLY way African teams will improve is with funding. They're still living in poor conditions with poor quality of life with poor footballing facilities.

Besides, how does making the tournament every 2 years change anything? You're still going to have the same few African teams qualify and make little impact at the tournament whether its every year, every 2 years or every 4 years.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 9:16pm

Thats a pity, barrels can be very useful particularly on a picket line for burning stuff to keep warm. Will be a shame to see them go. Any idea whats replacing them? 

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 11:58am
FIFA = £ $ € , take your pick .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Thats a pity, barrels can be very useful particularly on a picket line for burning stuff to keep warm. Will be a shame to see them go. Any idea whats replacing them? 

Very good 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net