Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57950
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:12am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dublin Late Bars
Posted By: bogball88
Subject: Dublin Late Bars
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 2:53pm
Staying down on Saturday night (probably Friday too) for the All Ireland. Am I right in saying that everywhere is meant to close at 11.30? If so are there any late bars where you would get a few gargles after this time? I am staying in the Clifton Court Hotel (by the Quays). Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 2:59pm
That 
Lace will be your best bet id imagine. Langtons bar is its public bar and can be decent 

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

That 
Lace will be your best bet id imagine. Langtons bar is its public bar and can be decent 

Sorry where?

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 4:23pm
Ryan's on Camden St? - do they even close!?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: notpropaganda73
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 4:38pm
If you can make it in to Cassidy's on Camden Street I'd say they will be open late, but not really sure on restrictions at the minute. But it'd usually be a brilliant spot after the All-Ireland

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 5:00pm
I'd say the loudest places will be the most wached by any Gardai, tough to get a lock in on Camden Street at the moment. Best bet might be to book into a place with a bar downstairs, and they might let ya stay later. 

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ryan's on Camden St? - do they even close!?

No chance of getting in, packed out the door. I don't know how they get away with it!

Posted By: eboue16
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:06pm
Are the majority still taking walk ins? Proper pubs I mean, not the pretentious bars.

No bookings made and looking for the same as the Tyrone lad. Late sauce for the weekend outside of a hotel if possible.

-------------
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Are the majority still taking walk ins? Proper pubs I mean, not the pretentious bars.

No bookings made and looking for the same as the Tyrone lad. Late sauce for the weekend outside of a hotel if possible.

Ah yeah, most normal spots take walkins, booings are  thing of the past for most places. Your problem is that you're going to be leaving Croker at 7pm so a lot of places will be full.

Posted By: eboue16
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:08pm
All things going to plan, I'll get over that very quickly

-------------
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle

Posted By: ChesterCopperpot
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:25am
Hotel Bar might be your best shout

Posted By: Deco79
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 1:46pm
Camden St was a disaster after the Mayo v Dublin semi final! Saturday evening and by the time we got back from Croke Park everywhere was full... Lad I know who couldn't make the game had a table outside Devitt's on the street more or less and in the end there was about 30 people using his table to order drinks. All the pubs that evening had first come first served so there was even queues for one in one out or if a table decided to leave.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

That 

Sorry where?
oops..
The place your in, the Clifton Court could be your best bet. The Langtons bar is part of it.

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Camden St was a disaster after the Mayo v Dublin semi final! Saturday evening and by the time we got back from Croke Park everywhere was full... Lad I know who couldn't make the game had a table outside Devitt's on the street more or less and in the end there was about 30 people using his table to order drinks. All the pubs that evening had first come first served so there was even queues for one in one out or if a table decided to leave.

Went in to town to watch that match.
Had booked the Camden but they cancelled it and said they accepted walk ins. Got there at 5 and the Camden was fully booked and not letting anyone in.
Same with Flannerys, Cassidys, The Bleeding Horse and D2. Thankfully a few people were leaving Devits in jerseys and we got seats there.
So I'd say anywhere central on a weekend will still be bookings needed for the next few weeks.
Good job the All Ireland final date was moved from the Ireland match. town would have been mayhem.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net