Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57833
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sea swimming
Posted By: Gaz
Subject: Sea swimming
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:37am
Anyone on here do it? Mate of mine dragged me down a few weeks ago and I can't get enough of it now. Getting in the sea for 20-30 mins most days since. I just paddle around as oppose to any serious swimming mainly to get the cold shock to the body - it's meant to be excellent for your immune system Clap

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Replies:
Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Anyone on here do it? Mate of mine dragged me down a few weeks ago and I can't get enough of it now. Getting in the sea for 20-30 mins most days since. I just paddle around as oppose to any serious swimming mainly to get the cold shock to the body - it's meant to be excellent for your immune system Clap

It’s gotten really popular in the last year.
The sea in Blackrock (Dundalk) is packed every weekend. 

People are swimming or just splashing around but with everything closed it’s a bit of freedom. 

-------------

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:57am
Despite the beach being a 1 walk from my house, couldn't bring myself to do it.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:00am
Do it a few times a week but it's a climate suited to it. Haven't been in the sea at home in years, but will give it a go when I'm home during the summer. It's obviously a fad at the moment but it's very refreshing and has a lot of health benefits too.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:05am
How can you tell a sea swimmer , easy they will tell you they are when you say hello .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:25am
Good England Murph.

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

How can you tell a sea swimmer , easy they will tell you they are when you say hello .

What if they are also Vegans?  What would they say first 

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Good England Murph.

Hummmm should i call you British Bren ?

Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:55am

Good England Murph.

Hummmm should i call you British Bren ?

Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
whooshEmbarrassedLOL

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

LOL

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:02pm
Haven't been in the sea properly for a few years at this stage, does feel great after going for a dip. 

Those bloody Dry Robes tho. No problem with people wearing them on the beach, but you recently see them on ladies going for a walk, in Tesco etc. Strange yokes.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:38pm
Convinced birds just do it for instagrams. Just get in and stop being an arse on social media about it.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:49pm
Now i am sure i have been in water that i would class as warm but Thailand and the Emirates are two places that stand out as " warm " as you can guess never tried it in Irish waters Nuke

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 2:51pm

Had a nice dip in Keem bay yesterday. It’s a glorious place in the sunshine 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 3:04pm
I never knew that you're meant to avoid it if there has been heavy rainfall due to pollution fears.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 3:17pm

"Have you seen the special offer in the Happy Pear?"

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I'm from and grew up in Greystones, the difference in it recently is unbelievable, and not in an overly good way, that shop and the yuppies that go to it are half the reason, I reckon. 

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I'm from and grew up in Greystones, the difference in it recently is unbelievable, and not in an overly good way, that shop and the yuppies that go to it are half the reason, I reckon. 
Went in once. Queue to get in, rude staff who overcharged us, full of gimps taking selfies on their food and the food looked lovely but was horribly bland

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Went in once. Queue to get in, rude staff who overcharged us, full of gimps taking selfies on their food and the food looked lovely but was horribly bland

Clap

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:29pm
Love an oul sea dip. Gives you a new lease of life and a great man for a hangover Clap

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

We used to get smoothies there as a bribe for going to mass - back when they were a big fad, never went after they changed it into a hippy dippy restaurant 

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:41pm
totally agree with Murph.  Whatever happened to just going for a swim.  Now people have to tell the whole world how they went sea swimming and wear a dry robe.  

Grew up going in and out of the sea myself and just take it for granted.  The recent converts are the worst for going on about sea swimming.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

totally agree with Murph.  Whatever happened to just going for a swim.  Now people have to tell the whole world how they went sea swimming and wear a dry robe.  

Grew up in the sea myself and just take it for granted.  The recent converts are the worst for going on about sea swimming.  
Explains why you’re a wet blanket so 

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Baldrick<b> Baldrick wrote:

totally agree with Murph.
 Whatever happened to just going for a swim.  Now people have to tell the whole world how they went sea swimming and wear a dry robe.  

Grew up in the sea myself and just take it for granted.  The recent converts are the worst for going on about sea swimming.  

Now that's something you don't see very often Heart

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Explains why you’re a wet blanket so 

Thumbs Up

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:45pm

Well your certainly starting at a nice time sea temperature wise.it’s become an all year thing now instead of the swimming season (June -September I think it is) although some of the nicer swims I’ve had have been in the winter mths when there’s nobody around.as has been posted on here it’s now become the in thing to do.it ranges from the dry robe,yuppie hippy gangs who dip/swim then stand around drinking a glass of wine or coco to the absolute dregs who bring radios with them and blast “some tunes” and say “let’s do this!” before they get in....where you meet either depends on what place you swim from.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:29am
I usually go in a few times a month between June and September, and on New Year's Day, but I haven't been in yet this year since the New Year's swim.
I barely lasted five minutes on New Year's Day - as soon as I got in, it was so cold, I was getting pains in my arm and I couldn't move my fingers!
If the weather improves I'll probably go in this weekend.

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:30am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

I usually go in a few times a month between June and September, and on New Year's Day, but I haven't been in yet this year since the New Year's swim.
I barely lasted five minutes on New Year's Day - as soon as I got in, it was so cold, I was getting pains in my arm and I couldn't move my fingers!

I definitely would have gotten out after 2 minutes the first day if it wasn't for my mate telling me to control my breathing and to relax. After 3 mins or so my body relaxed and I could have stayed in all day. I'm up to about 30 mins each dip now and feel fine in the water, takes a while for the body to warm back up though when I get out.

I'm not a 'Dry Rober' myself but if it gets people out in nature and being happy then so be it. People having problems with other people wearing dry robes and turning a sea swim in to a social event need to have a look at themselves

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:41am

I definitely would have gotten out after 2 minutes the first day if it wasn't for my mate telling me to control my breathing and to relax. After 3 mins or so my body relaxed and I could have stayed in all day. I'm up to about 30 mins each dip now and feel fine in the water, takes a while for the body to warm back up though when I get out.

I'm not a 'Dry Rober' myself but if it gets people out in nature and being happy then so be it. People having problems with other people wearing dry robes and turning a sea swim in to a social event need to have a look at themselves

Did somebody kick over your glass of prosecco or something Gaz???!!!

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:45am
LOL goys just wanna have fun chum

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:47am

But what if you grew up in the sea Gaz, like Zoidberg above, do you then get to comment on people?? 

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:50am

But what if you grew up in the sea Gaz, like Zoidberg above, do you then get to comment on people?? 

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:01am

Of course you do, anyone can comment on anyone, it’s a free world 👍

As I said whatever happened to just going for a swim, rather than trying to bask in some sort of virtuous glory by labeling it sea swimming and telling the whole world how it changed your life. Far too much of a big deal made about normal sh*t nowadays that people have been doing for generations. Usually millennials and younger who are guilty of it too. 

Swimming is great we get it, the way the recent converts go on you would swear they have discovered this secret key to happiness.  Many are just followers and it will be some other trend in 12 months time that they are all over.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:08am
Folks,we have ourselves a new rivalry Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:17am

As I said whatever happened to just going for a swim, rather than trying to bask in some sort of virtuous glory by labeling it sea swimming and telling the whole world how it changed your life. Far too much of a big deal made about normal sh*t nowadays that people have been doing for generations. Usually millennials and younger who are guilty of it too. 

Swimming is great we get it, the way the recent converts go on you would swear they have discovered this secret key to happiness.  Many are just followers and it will be some other trend in 12 months time that they are all over.  

It’s literally what’s social media is about. 

Personally I grew up under the moon & was outraged by the amount of people on clontarf seafront the other night posting on Instagram, growing up under the moon I really didn’t see the fuss 

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:17am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

9fingers Clap

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:21am

move this to the Baldrick thread lads so not to hijack this one on Gaz.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:21am

9fingers Clap

ClapClap

Sea creature v Moon man 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:24am
I like both lads HeartHug

It's like Travolta (Baldrick) vs Jason Statham (9F) 

John Travolta - Wikipedia

Jason Statham Circling Small Dark Look At Focus Features – Deadline

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:25am
LOLLOL
No rivalry here! 

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:02pm

So you can't say 'Sea swimming' instead of 'Going for a swim'? LOLLOLLOL

I better change the title of the thread

There is a thread on here called 'Running' instead of 'Going for a run' and in that thread there are people who discuss how 'running' changed their life. Do you have an issue with that too?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:29pm
False equivalence, using your logic the title of the thread should be Road running or track running.  I also believe there is a thread on here called swimming but a new one had to be created called Sea Swimming LOL

The point is people say sea swimming instead of just swimming as they want to let the world to know they didn’t just swim in a pool but it was the sea. 

It’s posturing.  Whatever happened to just swimming or going for a swim.  And this changed my life bullsh*t.  Ffs just do something you enjoy without it having to give added extra meaning to everything. 

By the way at no point did I say people can’t do something. Strawman argument there. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:35pm
Might start a sea-running thread just for the craic. 

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Was an article in the Irish Times a few months back about walking underwater while carrying heavy rocks, another thread for that? 

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:36pm

Zoidberg 

LOL

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:46pm

Was an article in the Irish Times a few months back about walking underwater while carrying heavy rocks, another thread for that? 
Was that not just a euphemism for the billy big balls sea swimmers LOL

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Was that not just a euphemism for the billy big balls sea swimmers LOL

Ill take it up and walk by Gaz flapping about like a fanny as i stride along the sea floor with a bag of rocks on my back. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 2:05pm

Completed it mate. Stopped off at every pub on the way to Calais. 

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOLi agree. 2 top top blokes,even if Baldy was a **** many years ago. We can all change. Is Feidir linn

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 5:45pm

LOLi agree. 2 top top blokes,even if Baldy was a **** many years ago. We can all change. Is Feidir linn

HeartHeartThat was during my sea swimming days though 😉

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

LOL

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 5:38pm
Was up in Portrush last week and the water was absolutely freezing. 

Portmarnock was like the Mediterranean today.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 5:39pm
Was in Donabate today. Some nice growler around.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Was in the sea off the east coast of Scotland last week and it was surprisingly warm. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Same last Sunday. Was glorious. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 9:45pm
that’ll be all the untreated sh*te, surprisingly warm👍

-------------
No Pasaran!

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:07pm
Went swimming in the sea for first time since the good summer of 2018 last night. Nice so it was. 

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Went swimming in the sea for first time since the good summer of 2018 last night. Nice so it was. 

ClapClapClap

Fair weather swimmer 😀😀😀 water temps are between 16 and 18 currently.  Very unusual at this time of year to be so high. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:40pm

Same, the water was lovely at 9.30 at night.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:43pm
Some tragedies in the water the last few days. Brutal news.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:08pm

lake swimming is so f**king dangerous. Very sad

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm
Monday was the warmest I think I’ve ever felt the water on Ballinaclash beach 

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:37pm

What is it exactly about lake swimming that makes it so dangerous? You would think (depending on the lake) that it would be much safer than the sea, which it probably is. But what is it about lakes? Genuine question. Booze onboard? Cold water shock? Too deep? 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:00pm

What is it exactly about lake swimming that makes it so dangerous? You would think (depending on the lake) that it would be much safer than the sea, which it probably is. But what is it about lakes? Genuine question. Booze onboard? Cold water shock? Too deep? 

Swimming in salt water is far less work than swimming in fresh water. 

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:09pm

Had a little bit of experience of a close call at the weekend.  A lad of about 10 got into trouble just near me and when I was shouting to him if he was ok he wasn’t able to answer, which is a sure sign something is up (been told before drowning rarely happen with someone shouting). 

Anyway I was able to get over to him before he started to sink and kept him afloat before his Dad arrived to
take him .  Poor kid was in shock and crying understandably.   

It can happen so easily and quickly and it’s not dramatic it’s usually a stony silence from the person in trouble as they get taken over by panic.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:11pm

ClapClapClap

Fair weather swimmer 😀😀😀 water temps are between 16 and 18 currently.  Very unusual at this time of year to be so high. 

As fair as they get, despite the fact its a two mintue walk from me. Embarrassed

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:14pm
Iv be regular on the beach, but lots of children using inflatables in the water. Not the best things to be using at sea.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:19pm

Had a little bit of experience of a close call at the weekend.  A lad of about 10 got into trouble just near me and when I was shouting to him if he was ok he wasn’t able to answer, which is a sure sign something is up (been told before drowning rarely happen with someone shouting). 

Anyway I was able to get over to him before he started to sink and kept him afloat before his Dad arrived to

It can happen so easily and quickly and it’s not dramatic it’s usually a stony silence from the person in trouble as they get taken over by panic.  

Good man Baldie ClapClapClapClap

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:25pm
Id say Baldrick was like Mitch Buchanon on that beach.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:29pm

Id say Baldrick was like Mitch Buchanon on that beach.

More shaunie with the boobs 😉

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:01pm

Iv be regular on the beach, but lots of children using inflatables in the water. Not the best things to be using at sea.

Yeah that makes me anxious when you see kids going in the sea with any sort of floatation object and no life jacket. Even teenages on the paddle boards, etc. with no life jacket, think they should be banned unless you have a life jacket. Or at least more of a campaign to make people more cautious and invest in the life preserver for the children

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:30pm

Both kids and adults. Live beside the sea but the risks people take are mad, it’s might sound funny but the amount of people that don’t know the tide comes in and out would surprise you! Too much of a “be grand” attitude around water! Just lastnight the coast guard helicopter was called out for people on kayaks who drifted too far offshore! All was grand in the end but just goes to show despite it being rather calm out anything can happen.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Both kids and adults. Live beside the sea but the risks people take are mad, it’s might sound funny but the amount of people that don’t know the tide comes in and out would surprise you! Too much of a “be grand” attitude around water! Just lastnight the coast guard helicopter was called out for people on kayaks who drifted too far offshore! All was grand in the end but just goes to show despite it being rather calm out anything can happen.

Heard a couple of lads in their late 20s say the other day is the tide out at the same time every day.  Jaysis what are they teaching them over the last 15 or so years. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:53pm
It’s the Rip tide sea swimmers need to be careful with.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Swimming in salt water is far less work than swimming in fresh water. 

Yep you have more buoyancy in Saltwater than fresh water. so if you remain calm you're more likely to stay on the surface rather then sink

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:21pm

Heard a couple of lads in their late 20s say the other day is the tide out at the same time every day.  Jaysis what are they teaching them over the last 15 or so years. 
This new “secret” waterfall has people coming from all over to visit. It’s a tragedy waiting to happen with people not checking tide times before they go to visit it. Been a few people airlifted from it already after getting caught in the tide.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:28pm

This new “secret” waterfall has people coming from all over to visit. It’s a tragedy waiting to happen with people not checking tide times before they go to visit it. Been a few people airlifted from it already after getting caught in the tide.

Yea we were there a couple of weeks back, was a young family going towards it when we were leaving with the tide coming in, told them this but they didn’t seem too bothered.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 12:33am

Yeah lakes are much colder than sea temps at the minute so there is good chance of cold water shock,also lakes have much more uneven surfaces and dip than beaches so you can get caught out.but mostly it’s inexperience....I’m sea/lake swimming all year round years now and some of the things you see are crazy.young kids on there own,inflatables,and people that just can’t swim getting into the water.

I was swimming at balascadden last night around 8/8:30,the water was grand for me but there was pockets of people standing chest high in the water chatting away but shivering...an early sign of cold water shock.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 7:11am
15 year old passed away in hospital last night from an incident on Tuesday ☹️

-------------

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 7:17am

It’s the Rip tide sea swimmers need to be careful with.

Strandhill beach in Sligo is notorious for it. Plenty of people drowned over tge years including 3 teenage boys in one go. Really dangerous and signs everywhere but still people go in the water. Locals know the risk but the amount of visitors who chance it is ridiculous. I told a English woman to take her kids out of water one day and she wasnt happy saying it would be fine. Told her couple of stories which changed her mind. 

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:05am

How to float if you fall in the water

https://mobile.twitter.com/brianwhelanhack/status/1418128053864222720" rel="nofollow - https://mobile.twitter.com/brianwhelanhack/status/1418128053864222720

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:39am

I live under the flightpath between the airport and dublin bay, coast guard has been out every hour or two the past week

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I live under the flightpath between the airport and dublin bay, coast guard has been out every hour or two the past week
Same. It’s crazy 

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:17am

If it's the rescue helicopter then they are actually out most days on training. 

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:20am

or the Garda chopper over Darndale 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:35am
LOL

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Good man Baldie ClapClapClapClap

Top man Baldie Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:56am

If it's the rescue helicopter then they are actually out most days on training. 
The training ones land back at airport, the ones this week are landing at Beaumont Hospital unfortunately 

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 1:29pm
Been in everyday now for the last week and have to say its been glorious. 

Random question - has anyone come across (or been stung) by a jellyfish before? Normally see loads but nothing so far (🤞)

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Random question - has anyone come across (or been stung) by a jellyfish before? Normally see loads but nothing so far (🤞)

I was in the sea last night around 9 o clock in Murlough Bay Co. Down and there was loads of jellyfish, all close to shore. 

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 1:41pm

I was in the sea last night around 9 o clock in Murlough Bay Co. Down and there was loads of jellyfish, all close to shore. 
Nordie Jellyfish are even worse. Be careful out there 

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 1:46pm
Been in the sea 3 times this week. Going again today.  I normally hate swimming in the sea but when its boiling out you just want to go in to cool off.

Was 30c here on Wednesday and f**k all breeze.  Water is not cold.  Small jellyfish passed me by last night so go out then.  Don't go in too far though.  Once I am up to my waist that's deep enough for me.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 1:57pm

Seen a few on Killiney Beach last weekend,but I was in again there last night and no sign of any

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:31pm

Nordie Jellyfish are even worse. Be careful out there 

Thank you brother.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:34pm
I actually went into Tesco to avail of the cool air conditioning yesterday. 

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:00pm
Been in twice this week, Portmarnck, lots of jellyfish but no stings to report 

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:17pm

Been in twice this week, Portmarnck, lots of jellyfish but no stings to report 

Depends on type of Jellyfish, majority of Jellyfish that are in our waters don't have stingers that are strong enough to pierce human skin but still be cautious , The lions mane one is the one to watch out for. 

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 5:04pm
A lot of swimming related deaths over the last few days.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 6:36pm
Swimmer in their 60s in Dollymount dead

f**k sakes 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net