Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57793
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 4:02am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Who is 'H'
Posted By: Stickittotheman
Subject: Who is 'H'
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 12:07pm
With the big finale on Sunday night I thought it would be interesting to see who the Line of Duty fans on here think will be unveiled as 'H' or whether 'H' even exists at all and it has been a clever ploy to keep us strung along. Poll attached to see who comes out on top and we will see on Sunday(we hope) if it's right.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 12:52pm
H is the corruption that exists throughout all of the policeforce. Not one person

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:12pm
Hasn't been a great season of Line of Duty i don't think

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:17pm
There has been nothing about Ted Hastings outside of the job in a while... has he the time to be H? 

Is this the end for good? BBC must know they are on to a good thing and want Jed to get busy on another season. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:29pm
I blame Neil Morrissey.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Last week lower on quality compared with Ep4 and ep5 but they were top class. 
Expecting a big finale. I dont think the story is ready to be completed in 1 episode. Think there is another season 

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:43pm
You would think there is far too much to round off in a one hour episode. 

I mean Steve and the addiction to pain killers, Ted and his retirement, Kate and her family, the liverpool lass, who the fock is H. The list goes on.

The reddit thread has a few anoraks noticing Carmichael clicking her pen 4 times during the interview with Jo and then later tapping her notepad 4 times. Both times were followed with a No Comment. They think it's morse code like the Caddy when he was about to pass. 

I wouldnt be bothered checking back. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:51pm
Carmichael I think they are making it so obvious that she is a bent copper (lol) and I think the fact they keep saying about H, "who is HE?" is also, in my opinion, an effort to throw people because I'm sure there are tons of people out there watching and trying to guess who it is and are thinking "it has to be carmichael, they keep saying HE to make you think its man but I bet because its a women and its carmichael". 

If that was actually the outcome I would be kind of a let down

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Last week lower on quality compared with Ep4 and ep5 but they were top class. 
Expecting a big finale. I dont think the story is ready to be completed in 1 episode. Think there is another season 

Often the second last episode of a series is like this more procedural  than action packed to set it up for the last episode 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 3:21pm
I thought it was a good episode considering there was no action. The interview/interrogation scene was brilliant.

Has "H" not been rebranded as "The 4th man"?

Carmichael is too obvious a choice but who knows.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 3:34pm
missus feel asleep during last episode, asked me what happened and apart from yer wans uncle being her da, i dint have much to tell her

-------------
Getting old and intolerant

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

missus feel asleep during last episode, asked me what happened and apart from yer wans uncle being her da, i dint have much to tell her

You should have just said "no comment"

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I thought it was a good episode considering there was no action. The interview/interrogation scene was brilliant.

The interrogation rooms are the best bit really. a lot of the actions scenes are a bit cheesy and poorly acted IMO, whereas the interrogations it's easy for the writers to throw in lots of twists and turns.

It's like when people say "the book is better than the movie" - the action shots don't live up to it.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The interrogation rooms are the best bit really. a lot of the actions scenes are a bit cheesy and poorly acted IMO, whereas the interrogations it's easy for the writers to throw in lots of twists and turns.

It's like when people say "the book is better than the movie" - the action shots don't live up to it.

That's a little bit hard regarding action scenes not living up to it. Especially the scenes this year I've been commenting that they are going more Hollywood this season. But I also would not want it to be too Hollywood anyway. 
 The scene ambush of the transport I thought was excellent 

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 5:15pm

That's a little bit hard regarding action scenes not living up to it. Especially the scenes this year I've been commenting that they are going more Hollywood this season. But I also would not want it to be too Hollywood anyway. 
 The scene ambush of the transport I thought was excellent 
Yeah true, that was a very good scene.

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 6:13pm
Carmichael is too obvious, a superbly hateful character but perhaps just sycophantic towards Osborne who is a proven rotten apple at the top of the tree. Thankfully there is another series coming after the finale of this one next Sunday. Gripping stuff, long may it continue.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Carmichael is too obvious, a superbly hateful character but perhaps just sycophantic towards Osborne who is a proven rotten apple at the top of the tree. Thankfully there is another series coming after the finale of this one next Sunday. Gripping stuff, long may it continue.

Has this been confirmed?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Slow & Blind
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 7:21pm
I reckon James Nesbitt is being lined up as H in the final series next year. 

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

He seems like too much of a big name to just be a picture alright. Bit of a waste to never have him in a scene

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 7:59pm

Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

He seems like too much of a big name to just be a picture alright. Bit of a waste to never have him in a scene

That is why I think Marcus Thurwell is 'H'. I just can't see Jimmy Nesbitt appearing in Line of Duty as a photograph. The man would have the ability to carry a series like Stephen Graham.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 8:32pm
have thought same re Nesbit. He faked his death IMO.

Also think the AC12 team member Chloe is bent

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 9:01pm
H is Kate Fleming.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 9:04pm
H is Harry Cross

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

H is Kate Fleming.
I think so too I reckon she is sister or something of Davidson 

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 6:51am

have thought same re Nesbit. He faked his death IMO.

Also think the AC12 team member Chloe is bent

Have seen theories linking her with a prominent character in the first season.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 11:00pm
I can finally venture into this thread. Fully caught up as of this evening.

Don't think Carmichael is H, but she is bent. When she was diverting the questions in the interview with Davidson it was just blatantly obvious. Osborne similar to Carmichael is bent but not H.

I think its Thurwell. The bodies they found in Spain are probably just two red herrings.

Left field guess. Lets go back to Season 1....a man mentioned throughout but not seen since handing Ryan Pilkington his business card. Simon Bannerjee.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 10:10am
Their Instagram account has Ted being interviewed in scrubs as the latest teaser

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Their Instagram account has Ted being interviewed in scrubs as the latest teaser
He working in A&E?

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 11:07am
I was rewatching season five and thought I spotted a clue- John Corbett kidnaps Steve and drives around filling him in on what he knows. He says something interesting- he says something like 'your boss Hastings had AFO's surrounding the target and instead of taking him alive had him killed. The Chief doesn't even reprimand him but instead gives him a pat on the back'. At the time it looked like Hastings was bent but maybe in hindsight it was a clue that the Chief is the one. It would be pretty poetic as well if H was the Chief constable- the man who in season one episode one had thrown Steve to the wolves and off he went to AC12. 5 seasons later Steve is part of the team that brings him down?

-------------

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:43pm
Philip Osborne

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 8:12am
I think us viewers will find out who the 4th (wo)man/H is tonight but the characters won't

Would be a cool ending to see Hastings retired but takes himself off to Spain on a vigilante mission to find Thurwell who clearly staged his own murder
Steve also suspended for missing drugs test
Kate demoted by Carmichael

Not looking good for our heroes going into the 7th and final series

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 6:17pm
Probably shows my reducing interest in the Premier LEague, but if they'd played the Uniter/Pool game tonight, I'd 100% have watched Line of Duty instead.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:02pm
What a crock of sh*te 

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:07pm
Poor season overall

Not much happened in that finale at all

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:12pm
I was very confused by that. So was Ian Buckells 'H'? He seemed to just be the go between? 

Edit: it has dawned on me H was a red herring. There was no Dr. Evil overseeing everything just individual officers involved with a fragmented and divided OCG after Tommy Hunters death. Buckells was the last man standing. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:16pm
Last Two episodes not great, made the season end up feeling average. 

There was quite tense moments while they had you guessing and making hastings look guilty. I still think he might be H.

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I was very confused by that. So was Ian Buckells 'H'? He seemed to just be the go between? 

Edit: it has dawned on me H was a red herring. There was no Dr. Evil overseeing everything just individual officers involved with a fragmented and divided OCG after Tommy Hunters death. Buckells was the last man standing. 

Yeah there is no actually H....just corrupt officers who took over from ones that got killed by OCGs because they knew to much or were just no use anymore.

All in all....brutal ending.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:42pm
Do you think that is it? I think there will be another season for sure. I think there could still be a H. Ian buckells saying there is no H and it's just the OCG's controlling things, maybe that's what H wants Buckells to believe.

Still think there is something there with Hastings, Carmichael and the chief constable that warrants another season 

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:36am
a huge disappointment. 

Although I did like the Aston Villa reference at the end. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:37am
Wasn’t a great ending. I’m not sure they can do another one with Hastings retired.

I thought yer man Chris would turn out to be dots brother / half brother.

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:15am
What a load of sh*te that turned out to be 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Wasn’t a great ending. I’m not sure they can do another one with Hastings retired.

I thought yer man Chris would turn out to be dots brother / half brother.

Ah I think its fully lined up for another one. Hastings is appealing his retirement or he could always work with them unofficially. 

The chief constable still being in charge.
The obviously faked death of James Nesbit character.  Surely they lining up for the big finale.
At the end saying that the force has applied for public interest immunity in its case against buckells and that the AC12 powers have never been as low, all set for them to come back fighting and to finish in a big dramatic way 

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:52am
Has there ever been a finale that people enjoyed? Sopranos was hated at the time, GOT too

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:30pm

Has there ever been a finale that people enjoyed? Sopranos was hated at the time, GOT too

Sopranos ending is genius plus it’s a totally different show to LOD as it’s character driven rather than heavily plot driven like LOD is.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:33pm

I dont think it's the last but yes they can be very hit and miss and another reason why Line of Duty should not end like that as it would impact it's legacy. 

Soprano was actually poetic and one of best endings. 

GOT was sh*te ending and left a bit of a sour taste on the series as a whole, e.g. if I had known how it was going to end end I wouldn't have enjoyed the series or characters as much in the earlier seasons.  Its an example of you need to get the ending right or seriously impact its legacy.

Breaking Bad and the Wire examples of shows who's ending matched its brilliance along the way and they are still held at top table

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 1:29pm
Boardwalk Empire is the only finale I can remember which was completely brilliant. Sopranos is nowhere near as bad an ending as people make it out to be.

The problem with the long build-ups, especially over a number of seasons, which GOT and LOD have had, is that the endings will always be a disappointment because people have nearly formed their own versions of it in their heads.

I'd be expecting another season of LOD though.

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 2:32pm
The ending to Sledge hammer was epic... Then they ruined it by adding another season. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 2:47pm
Most underwhelming episode of the show that I've seen. Jesus it was awful.
I kept looking at my watch thinking the twist has to come soon as there's only so long left. Nah never came feckin special officer Buckles. Rubbish

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I kept looking at my watch thinking the twist has to come soon as there's only so long left. Nah never came feckin special officer Buckles. Rubbish
Was it just a big twist that was missing ya reckon? The suspense for who was gonna walk into the interview room was very well done.

Buckles was a bit underwhelming alright, were we hoping for someone else to walk in or something? Or him to throw it back at one of the AC12 characters?

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:05pm
It was obvious it was Buckells to me before he was shown

Male, in the police and now in prison 

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:33pm
watched it last night but was fairly well on. Not sure im arsed re-watching considering how underwhelming it was.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:58pm
There's surely another series coming. The Chief Constable, Osborne, is rotten to the core and misusing his powers. The force is full of sycophants and blundering incompetents promoted beyond their abilities and corruption is rife ( obvious political parallel with Bojo and his Cabinet). Carmichael remains in post and is privy to Ted's peccadillos. Lots of suspicion re Thurlwell's death. I thought the ending last night was excellent and thought the same of the Sopranos.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:38pm
If it was a show ending as opposed to a season ending it would’ve been disappointing but it’s obvious it’s set up for 1 more season. 
I’ve enjoyed the season, probably not been as good as some of the previous but good all the same 

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:56pm
Ybig was ahead of this trend with the who is 'E' thread.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 7:01pm
so this is nothing about the one outa Steps ? 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

yeah and then for him to sit there and say “no comment”......f**k sake let him spill the beans on the whole OCH sh*te.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net