Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57730
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 3:28am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Jack Taylor
Posted By: You Tell Me
Subject: Jack Taylor
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:18pm
Has just scored probably the goal of the season by an Irish player for Peterborough. Seems to get great reviews for them week after week and knows where the goal is as well. 

Replies:
Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:25pm
Great strike alright 

https://mobile.twitter.com/E_Sure91/status/1364323879607545858" rel="nofollow - https://mobile.twitter.com/E_Sure91/status/1364323879607545858

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:32pm
Peterborough top of the league now and he's a key player in that team.

Would be really good to see them go up to see how he gets on in the championship 

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Has just scored probably the goal of the season by an Irish player for Peterborough. Seems to get great reviews for them week after week and knows where the goal is as well. 
As the only Irish player for them, he was always the most likely to do it.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Great strike alright 

https://mobile.twitter.com/E_Sure91/status/1364323879607545858" rel="nofollow - https://mobile.twitter.com/E_Sure91/status/1364323879607545858
He’s scored some belters over the years. Tall for a midfielder, incidentally

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Flynn Clarke begs to differ, if reports are to be believed.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:56pm

I had to Google him! Colin's grandson, or so it seems. He has only made a couple of sub appearances it seems, so was unlikely to score the "goal of the season for an Irish player at Peterborough", but there is still time. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:04pm
Have been following how he’s getting on since he was included in the u21s squad. Seems a bit like Jason Knight in the team almost every week contributes a few goals but his energy in midfield is the most important thing he brings to the team.

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Have been following how he’s getting on since he was included in the u21s squad. Seems a bit like Jason Knight in the team almost every week contributes a few goals but his energy in midfield is the most important thing he brings to the team.

4 all season. Not that much.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Apologies should have been a coma there. He’s in the team almost every week and like knight offers a few goals but it’s not there main attribute.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:08pm

Ireland will probably average one a year for the next decade. Four is a start.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:13pm

He's English and has declared for Scotland at Intl level. He's the grandson of a Northern Ireland legend and the son of an ex-Northern Ireland U-21 International. There has been nothing mentioned about him playing for us. Only reports of alleged interest from England. Even if he did want to play for us, unlikely given what I know about his family connections, we would probably be 4th down the list.

So, yes, Jack Taylor is the only Irish player playing for Peterborough.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:41pm
Local paper player ratings - I don't think I've ever seen him score lower than a 7. 

JACK TAYLOR: Broke up play superbly, passed the ball well and struck a brilliant third goal. Not always foot perfect tonight in possession, but he's some player - 8.

Posted By: exgrad
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 2:50pm

He's got 7.  

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

He's got 7.  

4 goals in 27 league games.

7 in all competitions, including Football League Trophy and an FA Cup match against a semi-professional team.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:53pm

He's got 7.  

7 in all competitions, including Football League Trophy and an FA Cup match against a semi-professional team.

Yes 7 goals, not 4.

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 6:02pm

He's got 7.  

why the negativity???

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

He's got 7.  

why the negativity???

Not negative at all. I just don't think a 1 in 7 goal-scoring rate at League One level is anything to be crowing about. He's done well to rise up the divisions though, fair play.

As for the rest of it, we're just at an impasse as to whether we include goals scored in all competitions in his statistics.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:10pm
he's a central midfielder playing his first full season in League 1.

Goals count no matter what competition they're scored in, thats how it works.

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:25pm

he's a central midfielder playing his first full season in League 1.

Goals count no matter what competition they're scored in, thats how it works.

And already the subject of a two million bid from a club a division up.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:00pm
Conor Hourihane averages double figures from midfield at Championship level and people think he's sh*te!

Ronan Curtis was the subject of interest from Championship level. Similarly, I've read little in re: to positivity about him on this forum.

FWIW, he's ranked as Peterborough's 6th best performing player on WhoScored when performances are aggregated, which suggests that he's ranked higher among Irish fans than he is by people who actually watch him every week.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:11pm

Conor Hourihane averages double figures from midfield at Championship level and people think he's sh*te!

Ronan Curtis was the subject of interest from Championship level. Similarly, I've read little in re: to positivity about him on this forum.

FWIW, he's ranked as Peterborough's 6th best performing player on WhoScored when performances are aggregated, which suggests that he's ranked higher among Irish fans than he is by people who actually watch him every week.

Hes a young lad with a lot of potential so there is additional interest.

Hourihane has peaked and is not going to get better in his 30s

Curtis still has time but looks like championship might be his level.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:23pm
hope is no longer permitted

until moral improves, the beatings will continue 

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 10:06am

I'm not sure what any of the above has to do with Jack Taylor scoring 7 goals.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:15pm

If we're including Football League Trophy goals, then Aaron Connolly had 5 goals for Brighton in 3 games in the same competition in 18/19, the same amount of goals he has scored over one-and-a-half seasons of PL football.

If you want to pad out his stats, that's your initiative. It's not incorrect to say he has either or.

No reason to be pedantic.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:21pm
I think if we can all just agree he has scored 7 goals, not 4, I'm more than happy to move on.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:24pm
Yes. And goal machine Aaron Connolly has 11 goals for Brighton.

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:29pm
7 or 4 the lad is doing really well he’s young still plenty time to progress more and is progressing up the ranks relentlessly. Could be playing Championship football next year. Your always hoping lads will do a Egan,Doherty, Stevens,Randolph,Hourihane, Mcgoldrick etc and progress like this. Try and see the positives while acknowledging he is where he is the Championship would be another step up again for him.

Outside of the 6/7 lads in and around/playing for PL teams at 18-22 let’s say and the few like Knight and Collins standing out at Championship level we have an array of younger lads down in L1 and L2 at those ages and the hope is a few of these will progress into the top flight or high level Championship players in the next 5/6 years. Plenty won’t but the scope for it is obvious.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:42pm
Isn't this the lad who scored two when the U21's beat the seniors in that match?

Anyway, seems to be going well but we need guys playing at a higher level if I'm honest so Taylor is one for the future.
That also applies to Scully, Parrott and the likes.  Good that they can play and hopefully do well in the 3rd tier but for our senior team, we need them playing and performing at higher levels. 

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Isn't this the lad who scored two when the U21's beat the seniors in that match?

Anyway, seems to be going well but we need guys playing at a higher level if I'm honest so Taylor is one for the future.
That also applies to Scully, Parrott and the likes.  Good that they can play and hopefully do well in the 3rd tier but for our senior team, we need them playing and performing at higher levels. 

Don’t disagree in general but the 2 positions I’d make an exception to it’s the No.10 role that Kenny seems clung to and at right midfield/right wing. Parrott who I think could be interesting in that 10 role and Scully at RW respectively. We are just so light in these positions and Hendrick is not the answer at No.10.

Taylor yes that’s the one. I can’t knock that hed be behind Knight Cullen Molumby Smallbone as far as young midfielders go if you count Cullen as youngish. I do see his potential to keep progressing and would be hopeful he will go the same way as Hourihane in the next 5/6 years driving on up the ladder. 

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 7:42pm
He's been named in a previous senior squad, and given his form this season and potential, is in contention for a call up to the next squad. That's the truth of the matter.

We're in no position to turn up our noses at the likes of Taylor. He's already been the subject of Championship transfer interest, and I rather suspect that if he'd joined Peterborough from the LoI rather than the National League people on here would be falling over themselves in calling for his inclusion.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

He's been named in a previous senior squad, and given his form this season and potential, is in contention for a call up to the next squad. That's the truth of the matter.

We're in no position to turn up our noses at the likes of Taylor. He's already been the subject of Championship transfer interest, and I rather suspect that if he'd joined Peterborough from the LoI rather than the National League people on here would be falling over themselves in calling for his inclusion.

Ah the inverse of that is true as well in fairness.

Ronan, Coventry and Crowley, off the top of my head, have flattered to deceive at about 10 British clubs between them by now yet get far more attention than Irish-born lads. Then you have lads like Jason Knight and Nathan Collins coming out of nowhere and looking more suited for high level football

A few years ago MON was getting lambasted for not rolling out the red carpet for Liam Kelly, and he's currently toiling away with Oxford and looking like he's reached his level there.

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:09pm

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Ah the inverse of that is true as well in fairness.

Ronan, Coventry and Crowley, off the top of my head, have flattered to deceive at about 10 British clubs between them by now yet get far more attention than Irish-born lads. Then you have lads like Jason Knight and Nathan Collins coming out of nowhere and looking more suited for high level football

A few years ago MON was getting lambasted for not rolling out the red carpet for Liam Kelly, and he's currently toiling away with Oxford and looking like he's reached his level there.

Collins and Knight are clearly outstanding young footballers, and I doubt many supporters are calling for Ronan et al in preference to them.

I accept your point on Kelly who's obviously failed to live up to the initial hype. Indeed many Oxford fans appear to rate Sykes ahead of him based on what I've read recently.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:17pm
Tbf to Coventry he’s had one loan which was cut short due to corona and has been injured all this year. 

The other 2 I do agree with. Can I ask who was begging for Kelly 3/4 years ago? 😂

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:49pm
I'd like to see the likes of Coventry and Connell go down the LoI loan route this season for a few months, it's the only way either will be playing any decent amount of senior football any time soon.

Taylor is in a different position though. Two or three injuries or call offs in midfield would get him into the senior squad, similar to last autumn.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:55pm

I'd like to see the likes of Coventry and Connell go down the LoI loan route this season for a few months, it's the only way either will be playing any decent amount of senior football any time soon.

Taylor is in a different position though. Two or three injuries or call offs in midfield would get him into the senior squad, similar to last autumn.

On that note, Joe Hodge is out for a month with a back injury.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:02pm

Luca connell has played 10 championship games before he went to celtic  which celtic have pretty much stalled his development.

I think he'd be a good shout for a league 1 club 

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:49pm
Sure, but the window is closed so he can't go to League 1 right now, the point is he could play LoI this season for a few months.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 9:08pm
Taylor makes his Championship debut tonight for Peterborough against West Brom.

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 9:18pm

Taylor makes his Championship debut tonight for Peterborough against West Brom.

Watching it here Szmodics and Pym had a good first half.

Wouldnt be surprised if Szmodics and/or Taylor (if he has a good half) are added to the squad.

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 10:14pm
Taylor quiet enough when he came on in the second half but he is going to be a top player. Both Pym and Szmodics were impressive.

Posted By: 50%lesssugar&salt
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 10:17pm
Had completely forgotten about Szmodics! 

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 10:30pm
Taylor will be a few weeks behind now in terms of match fitness and it showed tonight.

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Taylor quiet enough when he came on in the second half but he is going to be a top player. Both Pym and Szmodics were impressive.

Never seen him. Is he that good? What type of midfielder is he? 6,8,10? I think I've heard he's a physical  and energetic 8. 

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 10:50pm
He is versatile enough to play anywhere across the midfield. From what I have seen of him his best position might be as a holding midfielder but I might be wrong. He has had hamstring problems which have been attributed to the consequences of a box-to-box high pressure style which can take its toll. I think he is potentially good enough for the PL.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 6:59pm
Back in the starting line up today and performed well as Peterborough turned their bad form around

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-player-ratings-posh-players-were-collectively-brilliant-3388238" rel="nofollow - https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-player-ratings-posh-players-were-collectively-brilliant-3388238

-------------

Posted By: Bukowski
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 7:44pm
Seems the local newspaper gave every player an 8 or 9 out of 10!
He's 23 now, by all accounts a decent player - the article says "his return was eagerly anticipated". Not bad for a midfielder if true
Seems like we could have him in the squad as cover for either Cullen or Hendrick.

-------------
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:32pm
Jack has just scored a superb goal for the Posh against Hull city.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: RobsYourUncle
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:00pm
He only scores screamers does Jack

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 9:59am
Big win for the Posh last night. Think this lad has a good chance of making the next squad, has a bit about him. 

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 12:17pm
He is very much a key man for them and still young. If they go down then he would attract a lot of interest he definitely has a bit about him as John said think his future is in the Championship and potentially beyond. 

Would be interested to see will he get a look in for our next squad. 

Posted By: Greenie50
Date Posted: 07 May 2022 at 2:28pm
Scores.

Wonder will he get called up in June. We're desperately light at CM.

Date Posted: 07 May 2022 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Scores.

Wonder will he get called up in June. We're desperately light at CM.

He has had a drop off season, a tough one. Played below expectations in all but a handful of games & was very poor in several. No squad competition there because his club really couldn't afford a Championship squad. He has it all to do again a division down & will be 24 when next season begins. 

Date Posted: 07 May 2022 at 3:39pm
Getting injured and playing in a poor team didn't help him this year, but it's definitely been a step back for him. He'll probably look excellent again next season in League 1 but definitely more of a question mark now in terms of whether he's international standard. 

Would need a few injury calloffs to make the June squad, even an expanded one to allow for there being four games. That we are so light in decent midfielders is the only reason he's anywhere close to the squad to begin with.

Date Posted: 13 May 2022 at 3:09pm
Heavily linked with Ipswich.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-show-interest-in-posh-midfielder-8961524" rel="nofollow - https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-show-interest-in-posh-midfielder-8961524

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:13pm
Would be a backwards step for Taylor. Ipswich did improve a lot when McKenna came in but Peterborough will surely be up there challenging for the league.

Date Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:26pm
That rumour doesn't really make sense. Peterborough paid a decent fee for Taylor and he was really good for them in League 1 last year. So unless Ipswich have a couple of million to spend why would Peterborough sell him?

Date Posted: 13 May 2022 at 7:05pm
Can't see Posh letting him go to another L1 team. Higher up, maybe, if the offer is big enough but they'll be wanting to hold on to their best players and he is one of them.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 1:05pm
Ipswich linked to him again - reported to have a bid in for him. Probably a better bet to get back to the Championship than Peterborough, but are they OK to sell to a club in the same league?

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 3:05pm

Ipswich linked to him again - reported to have a bid in for him. Probably a better bet to get back to the Championship than Peterborough, but are they OK to sell to a club in the same league?

Might have little choice, lot of financial restructuring and moving loans around going on in Peterborough in recent weeks.

Date Posted: 07 May 2023 at 7:07pm
Scores again as the Posh claim the final play off spot ahead of Derby. 8 goals and 5 assists for a lad who is primarily a defensive midfielder is a fine return for the season. Another who can make Irish squads in the future, still only 24!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:23pm
Poor from the keeper but Taylor scores to put Peterborough 1-0 up in the play off semi finals.

Posted By: Heimatklange
Date Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:25pm
having a great game it has to be said

3-0 posh

Posted By: giveittochristie
Date Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

having a great game it has to be said

3-0 posh
Assist for the 4th there. Looks a good player, and has a turn of pace which I didn’t realise he had

Date Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:46pm
Playing very well tonight. If you just went off tonight you'd be saying call him up. Although he looked offside from the first ball in there. 

I thought he would make more of an impact in the Championship than he did last season. But Peterborough were poor and he wasn't able to rise above the standard of the team. Hopefully if they go up he will be more ready for it this time.

Date Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:48pm
Think even if Peterborough go up and on tonight's showing they'll be the ones going up, but think Taylor will likely be moving on anyway. Unless they've a clause in his contract then he'll be going into the last season of his contract.

Date Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:54pm
MOTM.

Posted By: Tweetering
Date Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:25pm
I would love to see Jack Taylor continue his upward trajectory.

He has an almost fairy-tale career story, making his pro debut at 15. Still only 24, but over 250 senior appearances. Proof that you always have a chance, even if you start out in non-league. 

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

I would love to see Jack Taylor continue his upward trajectory.

He has an almost fairy-tale career story, making his pro debut at 15. Still only 24, but over 250 senior appearances. Proof that you always have a chance, even if you start out in non-league. 

Keep up the good work Jack

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 6:48am
He had seven years at Chelsea as a youth before they let him go so that will have given him a good start. Outstanding in the game last night and looks an interesting option for Ireland in the near future.

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 12:39pm
He’s definitely good enough to step up to the Championship. Was just unlucky Peterborough became a bit of a basket case last season and he also had issues with injuries and niggles.

Still only 24yo wouldn’t bet against him continuing his relentless progression to the point he will play Pl football some day. 

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 3:21pm
It's consistency with him lads. I watch Peterborough a fair bit and several friends are STs. His A game is PL / international potential but he's not that guy often enough, streaky. And when he's not on it the drop off is too big.

25 now so really needs to grow out of that and be a player every week. If he does he'll win caps and a very good move, but he hasn't yet. 

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He’s definitely good enough to step up to the Championship. Was just unlucky Peterborough became a bit of a basket case last season and he also had issues with injuries and niggles.

Still only 24yo wouldn’t bet against him continuing his relentless progression to the point he will play Pl football some day. 

Can't agree there at all. He was fit for most of it, previous seasons were much more injury hit. Peterborough needed him to be one who stepped up the level as budget was tight and he didn't. He had a poor season and at a bad time. Szmodics got the Blackburn move for example, so it was doable, he just didn't play well. 

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

It's consistency with him lads. I watch Peterborough a fair bit and several friends are STs. His A game is PL / international potential but he's not that guy often enough, streaky. And when he's not on it the drop off is too big.

25 now so really needs to grow out of that and be a player every week. If he does he'll win caps and a very good move, but he hasn't yet. 

He's 24. Championship next year and he's well on track.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

25 next month and will be when his second crack at that division comes, where he came up badly short last time whichever way you angle it. 

They say Ipswich like him.  Absolute baller on his day, which is about one in four or five at present. High ceiling if he fixes that. 

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 5:36pm

25 next month and will be when his second crack at that division comes, where he came up badly short last time whichever way you angle it. 

They say Ipswich like him.  Absolute baller on his day, which is about one in four or five at present. High ceiling if he fixes that. 
Good player, will replace Hendrick in the squad probably for the next campaign. Needs to be playing Ch'ship next year either with Posh or without!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 5:57pm

So in other words, 24. Saying he's 25  a month before he turns it makes as much as saying he's still 24 a month after he turns 25... He's doing well and is on track to continue his rise up the divisions, fair play to him.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 6:20pm

So in other words, 24. Saying he's 25  a month before he turns it makes as much as saying he's still 24 a month after he turns 25... He's doing well and is on track to continue his rise up the divisions, fair play to him.

Cling to whatever you need to numb nuts
And we'll talk again after you've seen him play 50+ times as I have yeah

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 6:50pm
Numb nuts LOLEmbarrassed

Take it easy ffs LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 13 May 2023 at 7:19pm

Cling to whatever you need to numb nuts
And we'll talk again after you've seen him play 50+ times as I have yeah
Thats twice in the last few days you are unable to respond to a differing viewpoint without personal abuse thrown in. You’ve also been pulled up before for similar stuff. 

Given you seem to think this is the schoolyard, you can have a little detention in the suspended room. 

Date Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Think even if Peterborough go up and on tonight's showing they'll be the ones going up, but think Taylor will likely be moving on anyway. Unless they've a clause in his contract then he'll be going into the last season of his contract.

Sheffield Wednesday score in the 97th minute to make it 4-4, absolutely mental game.

Date Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:05pm

Sheffield Wednesday score in the 97th minute to make it 4-4, absolutely mental game.

Ridiculous, I like Taylor, but he's been poor along with his team mates. Still hope they do it in et, no Irish lads at Sheff Wed, bar young alini-adetoro who isn't even on the bench

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:07pm

6 mins injury time, Peterborough keeper caught the ball 3 times in injury time and jumped on the ground to waste time. Ref added more injury time. Smartarse cost his team....

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:24pm
Sheffield Wednesday own goal has it 5-4 at half time in extra time.

Date Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:45pm

Peno, expect Taylor to take one and score!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:54pm
Peterborough gone. Will be interesting to see if Taylor stays there next season. Mad game.

Date Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Peno, expect Taylor to take one and score!

Doesn't get the chance to take one unfortunately. Was hoping for a Taylor vs Connell final. Hopefully Barnsley can do the job tomorrow and have at least one Irish player in the final.

Date Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:58pm

Peterborough gone. Will be interesting to see if Taylor stays there next season. Mad game.
Time for him to move on for sure, 25 now, needs to show ambition! If either himself or Knight stay in League One, i'll be very disappointed!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 7:51pm
Signs for Ipswich on a three year deal.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 4:25pm

Signs for Ipswich on a three year deal.

Great move for him and for us, Ipswich should do well this year.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 4:48pm
On the bench for Ipswich along with Marcus Harness. Irish qualified Cirkin starts for Sunderland.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 5:13pm

On the bench for Ipswich along with Marcus Harness. Irish qualified Cirkin starts for Sunderland.

Jobe Bellingham too. 

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 5:21pm

Jobe Bellingham too. 

Lynden Gooch also!

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: darman28
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 9:06pm
Scores his first goal for Ipswich in his first start.

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 6:54pm
Starts tonights Carabao Cup game as does Marcus Harness

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 8:50pm
2 assists for Marcus Harness

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 9:09pm
3 now, and the 3rd goal for Taylor.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 10:00pm
Sky showed his goal there after United game. What a hit .

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 10:02am
Couldnt find a separate thread for him, but just to note Marcus Harness, who is eligible as far as I am aware, got a hat trick of assists in Ipswich's 3-2 victory over Wolves on Tuesday night.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: Banana_RepublicFC
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 10:07am

Couldnt find a separate thread for him, but just to note Marcus Harness, who is eligible as far as I am aware, got a hat trick of assists in Ipswich's 3-2 victory over Wolves on Tuesday night.

Reminds me of Sean Scanell. 

One of those Championship/League One players who you thought might get a cap.

Ronan Curtis got 7 caps while playing in League One.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net