Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57723
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "Green White Orange" 1921-2021
Posted By: irelandshirts
Subject: "Green White Orange" 1921-2021
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 5:25pm
I am pleased to announce that to celebrate the Centenary Year of the FAI & to mark the end of my Irish football museum campaign I have released my new book:

"Green White Orange"

The history of the Republic of Ireland soccer shirt 1921-2021

Foreword by Liam Brady

The book, like the irelandsoccershirts.com virtual museum is dedicated to the memory of James Nolan who passed away tragically in Poland in 2012.

The book can be ordered now exclusively from :

LETTERTECBOOKSTORE.COM

Please visit the museum homepage also for the order link.

Thanks to everyone for their support over the last 19 years its been an incredible journey for the "James Nolan Collection" and this is the perfect way to finish the project.

#ybig

Eddie

-------------
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Replies:
Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 6:27pm
Look forward to it, good luck with it.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 7:55pm
Great stuff Eddie.
Looking FWD to it 

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:44pm
Is this a second book? Thought you had one out a couple of years ago

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Is this a second book? Thought you had one out a couple of years ago

Yes this was will be my 2nd and final book!

"40 Shades of Green" told the story from 1986-2018.

"Green, White & Orange" will tell the complete story from 1921-2021.

My museum campaign ends this year and the "James Nolan Collection" will only ever feature items from 1921-2021 so its the end literally of the project.

-------------

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:55pm
Fair dues, Eddie. Look forward to it. Clap

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 5:14am
Excellent idea.

Fair play.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:37am
Looking forward to it Thumbs Up

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:13am
Good luck!

Really enjoyed the first book.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:00pm
The final stages of pre production and design has started for "Green, White & Orange".

I've literally been blown away by the support of former Ireland players and their families and from Irish fans literally from all over the world who have donated items to the museum archive that will feature in the book. I am delighted to say that actual pieces of fabric from our international football history from 1924 to 2021 will be part of our Centenary story. The final photography shoot will take place shortly with over 70 new exhibit's being added to the website.

The book will feature over 300 unique exhibits from rare international caps, to footballs, rare international match programs, original diary extracts from players from the 1930s, their personal pictures of away games, every official tournament suit, goalkeeper's gloves, football boots, tennis balls, ties, leisure wear, iconic tracksuits and most importantly an example of nearly every single Irish soccer shirt both outfield and goalkeepers that has been worn at senior international level spanning the last 100 years. All this fabric history will be supplemented with over 350 action images to add life to the words and honour all those who have worn our shirt.

I am hopeful that as the irelandsoccershirts.com project finishes in June 2021 that the "James Nolan Collection" will be one of the most complete collections of memorabilia from our Centenary FAI international history anywhere in the world.

The book is due to be released in September 2021.

YBIG

-------------

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:28pm
Brilliant initiative and look forward to the nook coming out 🇮🇪

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:42pm
Sounds great Eddie look forward to it

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Brilliant initiative and look forward to the nook coming out 🇮🇪
He has the market cornered. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:58pm
In the words of father Ted Crilly 

Good luck with the book. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:06pm
Good luck with the book Clap

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: Darren
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:16pm
Good luck with the book and look forward to reading it. Could you post details of how to order the first one please - don't know how I missed that !

Btw - no wonder we got knocked in the quarter finals of 1924 Olympics if we only had 9 players. Looks like the 2 goalies tactic didn't work out too well either.

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:53pm
Looking forward to it 

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:55pm

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:55pm
Good man Eddie Thumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 4:15pm
Well Done Eddie

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:31am
On this day in our international football history the Irish team known then as the Football Association of Irish Free State (FAIFS) hosted Italy in Lansdowne Road in the 1st official international match organised by what is today known as the FAI.

The Italian side would give the fascist salute on the field during their anthem. The captain of the Irish team in his 2nd and final international appearence was a young man from Cork called Frank Brady. Frank is the great uncle of Ireland legend Liam Brady.

"Green, White & Orange" will tell the story of the Ireland team and its famous shirt from 1921-2021.

YBIG

-------------

Posted By: shakeyshamrock
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:56pm
not to burst your bubble, but that Italy match is reported in most other places as being on the 23rd of April 1927, so not quite on this day.. 

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesi/ier-intres.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.rsssf.com/tablesi/ier-intres.html

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:55am
The final photography shoot for the "Green, White, Orange" book was completed yesterday. Incredible Irish items from the FAIFS in 1924 right the way up to Gavin Bazunu debut Ireland shirt v Luxembourg in 2021 were included. One of the oldest Ireland goalkeepers shirts still in existence from 1936 along with 80 other rare and unique exhibits will all feature in the book and in the "James Nolan Collection" museum archive which will be fully updated ahead of the start of the Centenary of the FAI beginning in June.

The book now moves to design stages with the front cover next to be decided and hopefully by mid May I should be in a position to release some advance images of how it is shaping up.

There will be over 300 unique items of our international football history from 1921-2021 that will feature and will touch on every moment from our international story.

YBIG

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:09am
good luck with the book 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

good luck with the book 
LOL

I never knew Fozzie Bear got an Ireland cap. 

I should add the obvious and say we have had a few muppets in goal since then.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:44am
Hopefully you don’t call him Darren Bazunu in the book wha

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:48am
Who's Darren?

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 11:18am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Hopefully you don’t call him Darren Bazunu in the book wha

Job as a proof reader going. Perfect man for it  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

good luck with the book 
LOL

I never knew Fozzie Bear got an Ireland cap. 

I should add the obvious and say we have had a few muppets in goal since then.

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 12:13pm

Delighted to say that my book called "Green White Orange" has been made available for pre order today to celebrate the start of the Centenary Year of the FAI.

The pre order link is available on the home page of the irelandsoccershirts.com website and the book will be dispatched on the 31st September 2021.

The book like the museum us dedicated to the memory of James Nolan and I'm happy to say the "James Nolan Collection" archive is now live and fully updated with all our history from 1921-2021. 💚

I want to thank everyone for their support over the last 19 years and it's a brilliant way to hang up my jersey for the last time.

#YBIG

-------------

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:27pm
More power to you, Eddie. Clap

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

More power to you, Eddie. Clap
Fair play Eddie Thumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:52pm
Bit pricey at 50. 

Fair enough you'll say associated costs and your not doing it for profit, but I don't care really. I just think its too pricey for something Ill look at when I buy and will then gather dust like the last one.

Best of luck but not for me unfortunately. 

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Delighted to say that my book called "Green White Orange" has been made available for pre order today to celebrate the start of the Centenary Year of the FAI.

The pre order link is available on the home page of the irelandsoccershirts.com website and the book will be dispatched on the 31st September 2021.

The book like the museum us dedicated to the memory of James Nolan and I'm happy to say the "James Nolan Collection" archive is now live and fully updated with all our history from 1921-2021. 💚

I want to thank everyone for their support over the last 19 years and it's a brilliant way to hang up my jersey for the last time.

#YBIG
Fair play it’s a brilliant collection and I’d imagine  a mountain of work involved!

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Bit pricey at 50. 

Fair enough you'll say associated costs and your not doing it for profit, but I don't care really. I just think its too pricey for something Ill look at when I buy and will then gather dust like the last one.

Best of luck but not for me unfortunately. 

Your post sounds like I asked you personally to buy it Foggy!

Like any product its not just designed with you persoanlly in mind although id hope it might appeal to you also as you post on an irish football fan website. If its not for you then it might be a nice gift for a friends birthday or someone living overseas who you have not seen in 18 months because of the pandemic or a kris kindle gift at Christmas for a family member who is an Irish fan or maybe a younger niece/nephew/godchild who doesnt know our story or maybe for an older family member who went to Ireland games in the 1960s/70s to allow them to recall their favourite game/player/result at Dalymount Park or for someone who was in Stuttgart or Genoa or Giants Stadium to relive those great memories or maybe it will spark those memories of penalty loss in Slovakia or the Henry handball in Paris or being knocked out by Spain on 2002. Maybe you will remember who you were with watching a particular match or who you were going out with or the craic you had or doing your Leaving exams getting the result of a game from a teacher or just that unreal feeling the country experienced around the Jack Charlton era from 1988 to 1994. Real historic moments in not just Irish sporting history but that of the nation.

The book is really unique and I cant imagine anyone will ever release a book on our Centenary kit history in our Centenary year ever again! It will contain over 270 action shots from Ireland games from 1924 to 2021 along with 300 unique and rare exhibits from our senior international football history that will tell the our complete story from 1921-2021 covering over 590 international games and honour the 510 players who have worn our shirt like Alan McLoughlin who recently passed away with his boots he scored THAT goal v Northern Ireland in 1993 included in the publication.

Its going to be a large coffee table sized book measuring 12" x 10" with a fantastic finish and dont be worried about dust Foggy as the cover is a dust jacket so dust wont be an issue!   

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 2:54pm
Thanks Donegalman. The book is 19 years in the making and marks the end of my Irish football museum project that started in 2002.

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

#YBIG

Fair play it’s a brilliant collection and I’d imagine  a mountain of work involved!

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 3:54pm
Well done and good luck with it.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 4:48pm
Agree its pricey but  it is the history of our nation and in a sense priceless.

Shall definitely pre-order

Posted By: Doyler
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 5:04pm
Surely there will be a comma or two used in the book? 

-------------
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 7:01pm
€50 for a picture book LOL wtf!! The good times are back baby

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: inlikeflynn
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 7:07pm

If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's very easy to spend €50 on few pints, some Dominos pizza or a concert ticket, none of which will last longer than a couple of hours. 

This is a buy once, buy well opportunity. It will be with you for life. 

Well done Eddie, I wish you the very best with it. 

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 8:11pm

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's very easy to spend €50 on few pints, some Dominos pizza or a concert ticket, none of which will last longer than a couple of hours. 

This is a buy once, buy well opportunity. It will be with you for life. 

Well done Eddie, I wish you the very best with it. 

Thanks inlikeflynn. As I said before no one has to buy it. I'm not asking anyone to buy it. I think (and of course I would say it) that it's a really unique book to celebrate a really unique milestone in our history. I bet you it ends up under lots of peoples Christmas tree this year if your family know you are an Irish fan.

-------------

Posted By: Doyler
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 9:20pm

Good start on the punctuation.

-------------
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:09pm
Pre-Ordered Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

Good start on the punctuation.

Glad you approve Doyler!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Pre-Ordered Thumbs Up

Thank you sir. Much appreciated. And thanks for all your kind words over the years about the project. 🍀

-------------

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:18pm

The Celtic tiger roaring again 😂😂

Very pricey. Bought your last book for my dad as a present, but 50 quid for this one? You’ll get the die hards but after that...

Regardless, best of luck with it, hope it’s a success for you! 

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:45am
All I can do lads is try make as quality an offering in terms of the size, quality of images of the exhibits, quality of the accompanying action shots,quality of the books finish as I can. To cover 100 years of history the book physically has to be large in size. The content itself is unique while it's certainly not the largest collection and it's not the best collection of Irish shirts in the world it is I believe the most complete in terms of covering our story from the early years, to goalkeeper shirts to every major tournament etc. Yes I could have tried to make the book cheaper and cut corners and quality to make the book cheaper but why would I do that when I've spent 19 years building the collection for the Centenary Year.

I appreciate its a very specific genre of book with not many similar offerings to gauge it against but if you go onto Amazon the Arsenal shirt book will set you back €50 and I'm confident that the quality and content of my book will be just as good as a book backed by Arsenal Football Club and wealthy backers.

This project has never had a title sponsor or a wealthy benefactor behind the scenes so I've done it all myself since 2002 . In terms of the success of the book it's already a success for me because I've gotten it this far.

I genuinely believe the book will be a success and not just amongst the die hards who of course will buy it for themselves but its hardly a celtic tiger stretch to think that someone might spend €50 on a really really unique present for someone in their life/family etc who likes football for a birthday, Christmas, anniversary etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:59am
I'll be ordering it will be a good Christmas present.

https://lettertecbookstore.com/product/green-white-orange/" rel="nofollow - https://lettertecbookstore.com/product/green-white-orange/

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 9:49am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Pre-Ordered Thumbs Up

Thank you sir. Much appreciated. And thanks for all your kind words over the years about the project. 🍀

No worries, as you say in a follow up post, this is something you put your heart into and you wanted it to be the best it could be.

It's sad that the physical museum never materialised but who knows what might happen given the centenary year.  

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 10:10am
Don’t think you need to answer to anyone on here,congratulations on the book and best of luckClap

-------------

Posted By: Fatnacho
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 10:37am
The likes of Rolex and Mercedes can charge a premium amount for their products because of the materials and expertise used in creating them. Why should a book be any different? 
The quality of work, printing and research should be reflected in the price. 
If it was a mass produced paperback book which was thrown together in a few weeks then people could moan about the price but that’s clearly not the case here. It’s meant as a collectors piece, not something to be thrown out in the recycling bin once read. 

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 11:55am
Will pick up a copy if this at some stage 👍

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: bundy
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 3:03pm
Best of luck with the book Eddie, you deserve a bit of success for the work you’ve put in over the years. Fair play to you.

One question I have is, what happens now? Are you done? What happens to all the gear? Sell it for charity or give it back to those who donated? Genuinely curious now that it’s all done.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Best of luck with the book Eddie, you deserve a bit of success for the work you’ve put in over the years. Fair play to you.

One question I have is, what happens now? Are you done? What happens to all the gear? Sell it for charity or give it back to those who donated? Genuinely curious now that it’s all done.

Thanks Bundy, I appreciate the kind words.

My end date was always the Centenary Year of the FAI in 2021 from the point of view that I have been at this for 19 years and also the Centenary is the right place to finish as I have some sort of framework on the collection that it only covers the first 100 years. Its the right time to stop. Its still my hope that a suitable fit for purpose home can be found for the "James Nolan Collection".

Since 2006 I met with the FAI & the Aviva Stadium and lobbied politicians and ministers for the inclusion of a football museum in the new Aviva Stadium prior to its completion but unfortunately that was not to be.

Since 2015 I have met with Dublin City Council and the FAI and lobbied politicians and ministers for the inclusion of a national football museum in the new Dalymount Park, the spiritual home of Irish football but I do not think any plans for a football musuem of any substance can be included due to the space requirements of a UEFA Cat 3 facility.

Since 2018 I have met with many private business owners from around the country as well as politicians to see could a suitable venue for the viability of an Irish football museum being created but I wasn't able to get it over the line for 2021.

I have loaned for free a large number of items to the Croke Park Museum, the Aviva Stadium tour and the recent National Football Exhibition 2020 project that toured the country. I have also visited national schools with a free mini exhibition that I have done myself.

The website will always remain I just will not be adding new items say from 2022 so in essence the active part of the collecting is finished. I will of course try and backfill any spaces that are in the collection from 1921-2021 if they become available but I think as the museum website stands now I think I have done all I can. Hopefully the Centenary Year of the FAI can maybe give the project some more exposure and in 2022 perhaps there could be an exhibition to end the Centenary celebrations.

I guess I really had hoped the collection would have found a permanent home by now but as of now I have no intention of breaking up the collection and selling it. Its funny I cant give the items away and there is no appetite for a museum yet I am inundated with requests from people looking to buy the exhibits from me for themselves!!!. I will continue to maintain the collection and pay for its storage and the special insurance policy I have on it as long as I can but if nothing happens I will leave the collection to my two sons. This has never been a commercial venture for myself in any way shape or form and I have never had a sponsor or financial backing and if I told you what I had spent personally to get the collection to this point you would commit me!

-------------

Posted By: bundy
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 11:03am

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Thanks Bundy, I appreciate the kind words.

My end date was always the Centenary Year of the FAI in 2021 from the point of view that I have been at this for 19 years and also the Centenary is the right place to finish as I have some sort of framework on the collection that it only covers the first 100 years. Its the right time to stop. Its still my hope that a suitable fit for purpose home can be found for the "James Nolan Collection".

Since 2006 I met with the FAI & the Aviva Stadium and lobbied politicians and ministers for the inclusion of a football museum in the new Aviva Stadium prior to its completion but unfortunately that was not to be.

Since 2015 I have met with Dublin City Council and the FAI and lobbied politicians and ministers for the inclusion of a national football museum in the new Dalymount Park, the spiritual home of Irish football but I do not think any plans for a football musuem of any substance can be included due to the space requirements of a UEFA Cat 3 facility.

Since 2018 I have met with many private business owners from around the country as well as politicians to see could a suitable venue for the viability of an Irish football museum being created but I wasn't able to get it over the line for 2021.

I have loaned for free a large number of items to the Croke Park Museum, the Aviva Stadium tour and the recent National Football Exhibition 2020 project that toured the country. I have also visited national schools with a free mini exhibition that I have done myself.

The website will always remain I just will not be adding new items say from 2022 so in essence the active part of the collecting is finished. I will of course try and backfill any spaces that are in the collection from 1921-2021 if they become available but I think as the museum website stands now I think I have done all I can. Hopefully the Centenary Year of the FAI can maybe give the project some more exposure and in 2022 perhaps there could be an exhibition to end the Centenary celebrations.

I guess I really had hoped the collection would have found a permanent home by now but as of now I have no intention of breaking up the collection and selling it. Its funny I cant give the items away and there is no appetite for a museum yet I am inundated with requests from people looking to buy the exhibits from me for themselves!!!. I will continue to maintain the collection and pay for its storage and the special insurance policy I have on it as long as I can but if nothing happens I will leave the collection to my two sons. This has never been a commercial venture for myself in any way shape or form and I have never had a sponsor or financial backing and if I told you what I had spent personally to get the collection to this point you would commit me!

In all fairness, the time and effort - not mentioning the cost - you have put into it is unbelievable. There’s enough football people and football projects in the country that you would think would facilitate your request in some way. It’s mad that you’ve been at this for so long with no place to put everything for the public to see. I was actually going to ask for a ballpark figure of what you’ve invested in just collecting the jerseys but it’s unfair to do so.

One question I do have is how have you got so many contacts? Is it just through the years you’ve developed them? For instance, Robbie Brady’s top from the Italy game in 2016. How did you come across that? Brady doesn’t need the money so you certainly didn’t buy it. But how did you get that one? The question could be asked for any of the jerseys from the significant games over the years, I’d have thought those would be off limits and the players would keep them. Especially debut jerseys, tournament jerseys that are literally one of a kind.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 4:20pm
FAO BUNDY: The 2 questions I get asked the most are (1) Where/How do I get all the exhibits (2) How much have I spent and what are they all worth?

Im just an ordinary fan I dont work for the FAI or have a relative who is a former player. I had no set plan in 2002 when Steven Reid gave me his shirt after the Germany game in Japan as to how the last 19 years would pan out, it just happened. People ask me do I have any advice how to start collecting and really I dont. Over the years people have seen the website and maybe read the first book and people have reached out to me with items that they may have or their family have etc. Id rather let the exhibits speak for themselves rather than go into loads of boring details and I hope they do. A sample of which are below.

As for the £ value of them really to me they are priceless. This project has never been a commercial venture for me in any way. Ive never had a sponsor or a wealthy backer so everything ive done has been off my own steam. Im not a wealthy person, ive a normal job, ive a mortgage, loans, a wife, 2 kids but I wouldn't really be a big drinker, dont smoke, gamble, not big into fashion so im not a clothes horse and lead a very boring existence so ive probably put all my own disposable income into this project since 2002. Even after the book I will still have personal loans outstanding from the project so the book and the project will end up costing me money but as the old credit card ad goes... "flights to Germany 500 euro, match tickets for Ireland v England at Euro 88 in Stuttgart 30 euro, the shirt Ray Houghton wore when he scored the winning goal...Priceless... for everything else there's Mastercard!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 4:36pm
some great shirts. The fozzy bear one is gas!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 4:55pm
The very first Ireland shirt in our history that was green in colour! Worn v Wales by Johnny Murray in an inter league FAIFS game v Wales in 1925. The 1924 Ireland shirt was .......blue

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 4:59pm
Chris Hughtons shirt worn v Northern Ireland in Belfast in 1988. This shirt style was only ever worn 2 times in our history. Chris was the first mixed race Irish international when he made his debut. How great that our team like our country is now more multi cultural.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:01pm
From Gavin Bazunu in 2021 right the way back to 1921 and when the first ever Ireland team played in the 1924 Paris Olympic Games to also become the nations first ever Olympians we have had an incredible international football history over the last 100 years.

I hope "Green White Orange" can tell that story and honour all those who have worn our shirt.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 8:20am
Cracking interview very emotional stuff about James Nolan.

https://anchor.fm/am-seo/episodes/11-Talking-jerseys-with-Ireland-Soccer-Shirts--Eddie-OMahony-e121fvq" rel="nofollow - https://anchor.fm/am-seo/episodes/11-Talking-jerseys-with-Ireland-Soccer-Shirts--Eddie-OMahony-e121fvq

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Cracking interview very emotional stuff about James Nolan.

https://anchor.fm/am-seo/episodes/11-Talking-jerseys-with-Ireland-Soccer-Shirts--Eddie-OMahony-e121fvq" rel="nofollow - https://anchor.fm/am-seo/episodes/11-Talking-jerseys-with-Ireland-Soccer-Shirts--Eddie-OMahony-e121fvq

Thanks DM. Its difficult to get the story of the museum out in just words on a forum or social media so I will be doing hopefully a few pieces about the project and the James Nolan Collection.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm brutal at anything techie but I just did a live podcast with The Green Machine with the London Branch of the Irish supporters club. It's on YouTube but for the life of me I can't post the link here. Maybe someone could oblige?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 10:23am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1LVt8Qv0h54&feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1LVt8Qv0h54&feature=youtu.be

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 10:32am

Thanks DM. As I said it's difficult to try and give people an idea about the project in just a few lines in a post on a forum /social media etc so delighted to be able to go into a bit more detail here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1LVt8Qv0h54&feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1LVt8Qv0h54&feature=youtu.be

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 10:34am

Thanks DM. As I said it's difficult to try and give people an idea about the project in just a few lines in a post on a forum /social media etc so delighted to be able to go into a bit more detail here.

You come across very well on both the above interviews.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 3:44pm
Eddie
Congrats on the book.

I won't be getting it sent to Munich (21€) - is post included to an Irish address ?

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 1:45pm
FAO BohsinMunich,

The book has *FREE SHIPPING* in Ireland so if you want it sent to a home address here that is no problem.

The book as I mentioned before is physically going to be a large book and I am told the finished book will be a 2KG parcel when dispatched in September and it will sent by a priority tracked shipping service worldwide. The cost to Germany for example for a 2kg parcel tracked and signed for is €21.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 2:24pm

FAO BohsinMunich,

The book has *FREE SHIPPING* in Ireland so if you want it sent to a home address here that is no problem.

The book as I mentioned before is physically going to be a large book and I am told the finished book will be a 2KG parcel when dispatched in September and it will sent by a priority tracked shipping service worldwide. The cost to Germany for example for a 2kg parcel tracked and signed for is €21.

That's a fair sized book, small turkey though

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 5:37pm

FAO BohsinMunich,

Eddie
Thanks for the response.

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 11:45am
Remembering James Nolan today on the 9th anniversary of his tragic passing in Poland in 2012.

I have been very fortunate to get to know James parents Jimmy and Essie well over the years and they are the nicest people you could meet. From having visited their home in Blessington its clear how loved and missed James is and what a light he was in the Nolan families life.

Since 2012 my humble museum project at irelandsoccershirts.com has been dedicated to James' memory and I am delighted as the project draws to a close that the "Green White Orange" book will also be dedicated to him.

As I said I dont really know what will happen the collection into the future but I would love if it can keep James Nolans name alive and associated with the team he loved to support.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 2:05pm

FAO BohsinMunich,

Eddie
Many thanks for the tip. Ordered.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

FAO BohsinMunich,

Eddie
Many thanks for the tip. Ordered.

Thanks a million for the support Bohsinmunich.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 6:25pm
Eddie
Back home at the end of September till Sunday 3rd Oct. Hopefully the book arrives at the sister's in time.
No hassle as back in November.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:56am
I'm not good at tech stuff so can't post the link here (someone might be able to for me) of the recent video clip the FAI released to reveal their Centenary Year logo that showed some of the highlights from our history thru the prism of the actual shirts the Irish team has worn since 1921.

All the shirts used in the piece came from the "James Nolan Collection" and the piece was filmed in the Aviva Stadium. It was incredible to bring all those pieces of our story back to our home and see them hanging up in the dressing room.

A piece about the "Green White Orange" book will feature in the Serbia match day program also.

-------------

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 1:44pm
This one I assume?

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:01pm
For the first time at senior international level since 1924 the Irish team will wear a blue jersey tonight v Qatar at the Aviva Stadium.💙

This Centenary shirt from Umbro Ireland marks the final unique kit style that features in my "Green White Orange" book about the history of the Ireland soccer shirt from 1921-2021.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:23pm
You be able to get your hands on a player issue shirt from tonight?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 9:46am
Delighted to say the dust jacket cover for my "Green White Orange" 🇮🇪 book is complete and we are currently printing!

I hope people enjoy the book when they receive it. The book weighs 2kg and runs to 256 pages. I have tried to make a publication that does justice to our incredible kit history since 1921 and to honour all those who have worn our iconic shirt with pride. I really hope that readers will feel it is a special collector's piece to mark our Centenary.

Thanks to everyone who has pre ordered their copy. The support means alot. ☘️

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:55am
Father Ted | GIFGlobe

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Father Ted | GIFGlobe

LOL

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 11:29pm
There is a team photo of the EIRE team taken in Malta prior to qualifying for the world cup taken in November 1989.  In it they are all dressed in the 1988-89 shirt.  However the eagle eyed amongst us (i.e. me) spotted that Raymond Houghton and John Aldridge are actually wearing a different shirt to the rest of the team. It is the 1990 shirt but plain like the Euro 88 one with no boomerangs on it etc..

Pogue Ireland | Football and Music

-------------

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:53am

There is a team photo of the EIRE team taken in Malta prior to qualifying for the world cup taken in November 1989.  In it they are all dressed in the 1988-89 shirt.  However the eagle eyed amongst us (i.e. me) spotted that Raymond Houghton and John Aldridge are actually wearing a different shirt to the rest of the team. It is the 1990 shirt but plain like the Euro 88 one with no boomerangs on it etc..

Pogue Ireland | Football and Music

It would be very hard to tell from such of low resolution image given they are so subtle.

But that design you mention was actually a design worn against Israel in '87 prior to the '88 kit.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:05am
Yes I'd wager that is the jersey.  If you notice Houghton has a long sleeve jersey and so does Aldridge although its rolled up to his bicep to make it look short sleeve.  The mesh on the sleeve is absent and also the collar that the Euro 88 shirt has.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:22am
Good spot TJ! I take Badwagon’s point about resolution but I think there are enough differences to agree.

Interesting though if that shirt was in fact in circulation, what does it do to the story about the decoy jersey being put out in 1990?

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Good spot TJ! I take Badwagon’s point about resolution but I think there are enough differences to agree.

Interesting though if that shirt was in fact in circulation, what does it do to the story about the decoy jersey being put out in 1990?

Was the ''decoy jersey'' not April 1989 but good point.  I think this finding is now up there with major discoveries of our time such as the moon landings being faked when they were in fact filmed on Portmarnock Beach at night.

There seemed to be a lot of protoype jersey designs floating around during the first few years of the Adidas reign for some unknown reason.  I've never known this of any other football team.

-------------

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:43am

Was the ''decoy jersey'' not April 1989 but good point.  I think this finding is now up there with major discoveries of our time such as the moon landings being faked when they were in fact filmed on Portmarnock Beach at night.

There seemed to be a lot of protoype jersey designs floating around during the first few years of the Adidas reign for some unknown reason.  I've never known this of any other football team.

Is the decoy jersey the Cork City style template with Guinness sponsor?

Where did the USA '94 jerseys with lace come from? Have seen a lot of fans wearing them in old videos and they don't seem to be too far off the actual shirt worn. Also, can anyone confirm how long we wore the '94 kit for? Seems to be a very short period.

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Where did the USA '94 jerseys with lace come from? Have seen a lot of fans wearing them in old videos and they don't seem to be too far off the actual shirt worn. Also, can anyone confirm how long we wore the '94 kit for? Seems to be a very short period.

I would also be interested in hearing about this decoy jersey?

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:54am

Yep! That was the ‘decoy’ one. And it seems there was a flood of them into the market, enough that in modern times if you look hard enough you’ll get one.

The 94 one was only worn between the pre USA 94 friendly matches and our exit from the tournament. IIRC some counties put their equivalent jersey in cold storage, reverted to the one they wore during WC qualification, and in 1995 pulled out their USA 94 one again. Bulgaria,Romania and Sweden spring to mind.

I remember the shirts with the laces. I thought they were just fan tops?

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:07pm
The shirts with the laces were fakes sold in the likes of Moore St etc..

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:30pm
Where would one get this book?

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: dangere_here
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:38pm

[QUOTE=Het-field]Good spot TJ! I take Badwagon’s point about resolution but I think there are enough differences to agree.

I was gifted one of those as a kid in 94 from a mate of my old man that was involved in the supporters club that used to be on the Quays, think it's the Workmans Club now. Decent quality alright, but I seem to remember that the material was thicker than the USA 94 adidas one, a bit like the 2000 one actually. Decent quality though.

Posted By: dangere_here
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:42pm
I never realized til the other day that we actually the famous orange jersey twice, not just in Macedonia. I actually at the other match, Lansdowne friendly v Mexico in 1998. Looking at photos, quite an interesting line up that day:

Rep. of Ireland vs Mexico international football match report

Date, kick-off time:
Saturday,  https://eu-football.info/may-23 - 23 May 1998, 15:00 (UTC+01:00)
National teams, score:
Rep. of Ireland
0-0
Mexico
Competition:
International Friendly
Referee:
 John Ashman, Swansea / 
 Wales
Attendance
28 500
https://eu-football.info/_matches.php?id=163 - Rep. of Ireland national team line-up in match Nr.338

Player
Caps
Shay Given  
Newcastle United FC, Newcastle upon Tyne
Curtis Fleming  
Middlesbrough FC, Middlesbrough
Gary Breen  
Coventry City FC, Coventry
Phil Babb  
Liverpool FC, Liverpool
Ian Harte
Leeds United AFC, Leeds
Gary Kelly - Captain
Leeds United AFC, Leeds
Lee Carsley  
Derby County FC, Derby
Gareth Farrelly  
Everton FC, Liverpool
Damien Duff  75' 
Blackburn Rovers FC, Blackburn
Rory Delap   75'
Derby County FC, Derby
Robbie Keane  
Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, Wolverhampton
David Connolly 78' 
Mark Kennedy 78'
Wimbledon FC, London

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:56pm
Has the book been dispatched and anybody received it ?
Just checked with my sis and no sign of it yet.
Back for the cup final (assuming Covid numbers here don't f&£k up the travel plans

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:04pm

Back for the cup final (assuming Covid numbers here don't f&£k up the travel plans

FAO BohninMunich just to update you the book is printed and complete. I only received by hand from the publishers a few copies for promotional use last Sunday.It was the first time even I had seen the completed book.

I am told all orders will be dispatched very shortly from Lettertecbookstores.com and all purchasers will be advised of dispatch via email so hang tight it is en route.

I know I am biased but I think buyers will be really happy with the quality and finish of the book. It really is a unique Centenary publication and a really great gift idea for that football fan in your life.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

I never realized til the other day that we actually the famous orange jersey twice, not just in Macedonia. I actually at the other match, Lansdowne friendly v Mexico in 1998. Looking at photos, quite an interesting line up that day:

https://eu-football.info/s/tab.png"" rel="nofollow - https://eu-football.info/s/tab.png" ; left top repeat-x; padding: 5px 0px 5px 10px; color: white;">

Rep. of Ireland vs Mexico international football match report

Date, kick-off time:
Saturday,  https://eu-football.info/may-23" rel="nofollow - https://eu-football.info/may-23 - 23 May 1998, 15:00 (UTC+01:00)
National teams, score:
Rep. of Ireland
https://eu-football.info/s/flags13.png"" rel="nofollow - https://eu-football.info/s/flags13.png" ; 0px -1512px no-repeat; padding: 0px; margin-bottom: -1px;">
0-0
Mexico
Competition:
International Friendly
Referee:
 John Ashman, Swansea / 
 Wales
Attendance
28 500
https://eu-football.info/_matches.php?id=163" rel="nofollow - https://eu-football.info/_matches.php?id=163 - Rep. of Ireland national team line-up in match Nr.338

Player
Caps
Shay Given  
Newcastle United FC, Newcastle upon Tyne
Curtis Fleming  
Middlesbrough FC, Middlesbrough
Gary Breen  
Coventry City FC, Coventry
Phil Babb  
Liverpool FC, Liverpool
Ian Harte
Leeds United AFC, Leeds
Gary Kelly - Captain
Leeds United AFC, Leeds
Lee Carsley  
Derby County FC, Derby
Gareth Farrelly  
Everton FC, Liverpool
Damien Duff  75' 
Blackburn Rovers FC, Blackburn
Rory Delap   75'
Derby County FC, Derby
Robbie Keane  
David Connolly 78' 
Mark Kennedy 78'
Wimbledon FC, London

I recall the game being less than interesting. Even with Keane making waves we looked really toothless, and I can only remember Luis Hernandez mis-hitting a shot at the south Terrance end.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:29pm

FAO BohninMunich just to update you the book is printed and complete. I only received by hand from the publishers a few copies for promotional use last Sunday.It was the first time even I had seen the completed book.

I am told all orders will be dispatched very shortly from Lettertecbookstores.com and all purchasers will be advised of dispatch via email so hang tight it is en route.

I know I am biased but I think buyers will be really happy with the quality and finish of the book. It really is a unique Centenary publication and a really great gift idea for that football fan in your life.

Thanks I had received an email and assumed that meant it was dispatched.
No problems and thanks for the update

Your Lettertec Book Store pre-order from 29th October 2021 is now available"

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 5:58pm
Books should start to be dispatched this week and an email will be sent from Lettertec.com to advise that copies are en route.

There has been a huge reaction to the piece in the official match day program v Portugal so thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy so far for your support.🇮🇪

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 6:41pm
Thumbs Up

Was actually going to ask when should the pre-orders be expected to ship

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net