WC qualifiers: Will there be away fans?

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: International
Forum Name: Republic Of Ireland
Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57671
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 3:19pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: WC qualifiers: Will there be away fans?
Posted By: The GerK
Subject: WC qualifiers: Will there be away fans?
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:13pm
What are your thoughts on this?

Personally I don't see it at all next year, certainly not in the first half.
UEFA will want to get full allocation of home fans into stadiums and the trade off may be a ban on away fans. Last thing they would want is a spike in cases in a country because of qualifiers. 

Replies:
Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally I don't see it at all next year, certainly not in the first half.
UEFA will want to get full allocation of home fans into stadiums and the trade off may be a ban on away fans. Last thing they would want is a spike in cases in a country because of qualifiers. 

I think (hope) there will be for the September games onwards. The Euros will have fans travelling so if they happen without issue, then why not a few away fans for other games.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:19pm
September at the very earliest but more likely October/November and probably depending on where individual countries are regarding their own rollout 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:21pm
I'd guess at no away fans in March but away fans being allowed in for the September games. 

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:26pm
Yeah I'd say March will come a little too soon, it all depends on how well the Vaccine is rolled out before June in terms of the Euros but I can see there being at least some fans permitted for that perhaps not sell out crowds.

I'd then say following on from that September should have 75%-80% fan capacity.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:29pm
Possibility if we have a home game in March it could be a trial event  (for home fans) depending on case numbers. Wouldn't be anywhere near full capacity anyway.  

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:31pm
How do the UEFA fixtures work, do you need to have one home and one away in your first two games? I'd ideally like Lux and Azer at home in March as least attractive for gate money for FAI and gives us a possibility of making all the aways later in the year.

Would a Serbia/Azerbaijan away double header later in the year be anyway practical travel wise? 

Edit: Map tells me Azerbaijan is the far side of Georgia, didnt appreciate thatLOL

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Possibility if we have a home game in March it could be a trial event  (for home fans) depending on case numbers. Wouldn't be anywhere near full capacity anyway.  

How many Season ticket holders are there?

Did we ever receive a refund for that game we missed?

If not maybe Season ticket holders could be given first option

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

How do the UEFA fixtures work, do you need to have one home and one away in your first two games? I'd ideally like Lux and Azer at home in March as least attractive for gate money for FAI and gives us a possibility of making all the aways later in the year.

Would a Serbia/Azerbaijan away double header later in the year be anyway practical travel wise? 

Completely Random to a certain extent afaik. 

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:34pm

I expect there to be home fans allowed in for the games in March, likely ST holders only which makes sense.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:50pm
Hard call really , now if home in March 5,000 would be about max and no away fans .
 In Sept , hummmm too far away at this moment in time .
I will not be booking anything away from home for sure for a while just yet .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I expect there to be home fans allowed in for the games in March, likely ST holders only which makes sense.
There are more people than ST holders who have pre paid for matches. Not just as simple as ST only.

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Edit: Map tells me Azerbaijan is the far side of Georgia, didnt appreciate thatLOL

Serbia is halfway to Azerbaijan from Ireland so it'd be a bit handy if that was a double header alright. 

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 3:57pm
March will come too soon, I'd be hopefully of September 

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Season ticket holders got emails a good while ago, the last game will be credited against to the ticketmaster account and offset against the cost of next season ticket.

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 3:59pm

I think we got credit for that game against the next season ticket we purchase.

I doubt there will be any fans at the March games, not in the Aviva anyway. Vaccination won't start here until January and I'd be surprised if it would be completed before the summer.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:06pm
going by the WHO, even with vaccinations rolled out, things won’t go back to normal for 2 more years.

Think March we probably get limited home fans.
By September, maybe increased home fans but no aways.
By November, maybe away fans but likely not.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:06pm
Very true forgot that it was credited to our FAI accounts, been so long since I looked at it

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:11pm
There could be an argument to allow vaccinated fans into games. 

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

going by the WHO, even with vaccinations rolled out, things won’t go back to normal for 2 more years.

Is there any country that are actually listening to them now? They predicted the vaccine would take 18 months to start with. It took less than a year. They overestimate every single thing, things will move on once rates drop the pressure is being put in the government by IRFU for 6 nations in February already and Gaa are too 

Posted By: Jackal
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:16pm
No away fans will be allowed in March. However, we will still see 20,000 Irish going to Cheltenham. 

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Is there any country that are actually listening to them now? They predicted the vaccine would take 18 months to start with. It took less than a year. They overestimate every single thing, things will move on once rates drop the pressure is being put in the government by IRFU for 6 nations in February already and Gaa are too 

Good point regarding IFRU and GAA. At least the league and 6 Nations start first so if the lobbyist rugby and GAA heads convince government to let fans in then it should apply to soccer  (who i imagine have less sway with government)

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:47pm

Didn't  realise we had Mystic Meg on here and if they said it would be less than a year and it wasn't you'd be lashing them for that. 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:55pm

Didn't  realise we had Mystic Meg on here and if they said it would be less than a year and it wasn't you'd be lashing them for that. 
Are you mystic meg yourself for knowing what I would do? I said they overestimate which they have done and that was just an example. Is that ok?

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

I think we got credit for that game against the next season ticket we purchase.

I doubt there will be any fans at the March games, not in the Aviva anyway. Vaccination won't start here until January and I'd be surprised if it would be completed before the summer.

The way the Irish are behaving we won’t get crowds back at games until 2030 for goodness sake. I’m not being smart when I say this I’d genuinely harbour as much hopes of getting to an away game in a spot like Portugal or Serbia as I would attending a game here in Ireland. 

They let 25,000 attend the Belgrade derby in June don’t mind next year. 

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:05pm

Are you mystic meg yourself for knowing what I would do? I said they overestimate which they have done and that was just an example. Is that ok?

How do you know they overestimated  ? Nobody knew exactly how long it would actually take but good lad you criticise them for it  and say that's why people aren't listening to them. 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

There are more people than ST holders who have pre paid for matches. Not just as simple as ST only.

What do you mean by pre paid?

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:38pm

It means to pay in advance. When you buy a season ticket you either pay for it in full or by instalments. Either way you are paying in advance for your seat that games. Club Ireland is another scheme whereby people have paid in advance for their seats. Outside of this you also have sponsors for example, where a certain number of tickets/seats are included with their sponsorship agreemenet. And lets not also forget others who have an entitlement and i include JDs shady fundraising deals in that. 

End of the day though, unfortunately it is just not as simple as let ST holders only in when capacity is restricted.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:56pm

It means to pay in advance. When you buy a season ticket you either pay for it in full or by instalments. Either way you are paying in advance for your seat that games. Club Ireland is another scheme whereby people have paid in advance for their seats. Outside of this you also have sponsors for example, where a certain number of tickets/seats are included with their sponsorship agreemenet. And lets not also forget others who have an entitlement and i include JDs shady fundraising deals in that. 

End of the day though, unfortunately it is just not as simple as let ST holders only in when capacity is restricted.

Gotcha.

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 6:35pm
You can forget about March.

The later games depend if and how many vaccines the EU approve.

If they approve 2/3 in Jan-March then there will be a race amongst the companies to produce and distribute as quickly as possible to the paying governments/public.

The more vaccines available the quicker the general public get them and we can get back to normal.

Ideally you get some kind of certificate that shows you got the vaccine that helps with travel etc

-------------

Posted By: xRedmanLFCx
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

March will come too soon, I'd be hopefully of September 

Agreed

-------------
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

There could be an argument to allow vaccinated fans into games. 

Or vaccinate fans to allow them to go to games? LOL

-------------
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON

Posted By: Ballycastle
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 12:03am
Is anyone going to take a chance on booking Azerbaijan for October 2021? Very tempted but god only knows if we will be allowed to travel. So just wondering if it's worth taking the chance? 

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Is anyone going to take a chance on booking Azerbaijan for October 2021? Very tempted but god only knows if we will be allowed to travel. So just wondering if it's worth taking the chance? 

Nah not yet, too far away to be honest. Usually I would have but going to wait a few months and see how things play out

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:42am

I've booked accomodation with free cancellation anyway. No rush on booking the flights just yet. 

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:14pm
Which stadium in Portugal do you reckon we'll be in? Do they play all their matches in the same one? 

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Which stadium in Portugal do you reckon we'll be in? Do they play all their matches in the same one? 

They play most of their games in the Estadio Da Luz in Lisbon (also at Sporting Lisbon's ground as well) but have played elsewhere in Portugal in previous campaigns. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:20pm

They play most of their games in the Estadio Da Luz in Lisbon (also Sporting Lisbon's ground as well) but have played elsewhere in Portugal in previous campaigns. 
65k capacity. Would you reckon we'd take the full 5 or 10% allocation for this if allowed travel? 

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:23pm

They play most of their games in the Estadio Da Luz in Lisbon (also Sporting Lisbon's ground as well) but have played elsewhere in Portugal in previous campaigns. 
They seem to play the big games in the group in Lisbon but move the minnows around between Porto and faro. Depends on how they see us I suppose. 

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

They seem to play the big games in the group in Lisbon but move the minnows around between Porto and faro. Depends on how they see us I suppose. 

yep majority of the bigger games were they'll get the fans in they tend to play in the Estadio Da Luz, so I'd say there is a high chance of the ourselves and Serbia to play them there.

But they have also played in Estadio Jose Alvalade  (Sporting's ground) they have also played bigger games in Estadio Dragao which is Porto's ground.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:33pm
I would imagine that by next September the travelling crowd would be closer to the 10% if we get it which 6,500. 5,000 went to Faro in 2015 everyone seems to be targeting this trip at the least with many making a week of it.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:01pm
I gambled and booked Baku 7th to 11th October one stop in Frankfurt both ways. It's only a 1hr 45min turn around return which I'm assuming will be grand.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:06pm
Is World Cup not 5%?

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Is World Cup not 5%?

Yup 5% minimum

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:18pm

Is World Cup not 5%?

Yup 5% minimum

400 for Luxembourg then Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:26pm

Is World Cup not 5%?

Yup 5% minimum

I read somewhere that Scotland got 1,500 for a qualifier there and then an extra 1,000 because of demand. Don't think Luxembourg have a great following and it's the last game so they/us could be out of it. 

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:32pm

Is World Cup not 5%?

Yup 5% minimum

I read somewhere that Scotland got 1,500 for a qualifier there and then an extra 1,000 because of demand. Don't think Luxembourg have a great following and it's the last game so they/us could be out of it. 

Yeah only game recently where they hit 8k was against Portugal in November 2019.
6k for Serbia in September 2019.

Apart from that seems to be around 2.5k -3k for games.

Can't see the locals flocking to watch us play.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 5:13pm

Is World Cup not 5%?

Yup 5% minimum

Yeah only game recently where they hit 8k was against Portugal in November 2019.
6k for Serbia in September 2019.

Apart from that seems to be around 2.5k -3k for games.

Can't see the locals flocking to watch us play.
Yeah, I had a look at their attendances in their last few campaigns and they have only had full crowds for the games against box-office teams from pot 1 ie France, Portugal, Spain etc while attendances against teams round our level have been well short of that, usually just over half full. 

As you say, we're not exactly box office at the best of times so can't see our visit selling out, especially as they'll most likely be out of the running by then anyway (whatever about us!).

So I can't see this being a repeat of Glasgow 2014 or Copenhagen 2017.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:51pm

Is World Cup not 5%?

Yup 5% minimum

They might have their new stadium open by then. So we'd be getting a massive 469 tickets... 

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Stadium_of_Luxembourg" rel="nofollow - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Stadium_of_Luxembourg

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 9:27pm

Is World Cup not 5%?

Yup 5% minimum

They might have their new stadium open by then. So we'd be getting a massive 469 tickets... 

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Stadium_of_Luxembourg" rel="nofollow - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Stadium_of_Luxembourg
How the fook does it cost 80 million to build a 10k stadium. They must be awash with money. 

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 11:22pm
For Baku accommodation would Fountain square be one of the main areas most people would be booking around? Only 3/4 minute walk to Finnegans and O Malleys pubs and a good few others around there too. Free cancellation so might book something around there

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:33am
We have booked the Park Inn By Radisson Baku its a 12 minute walk to the two pubs that you mentioned according to Goggle maps. 12 of us have booked flights also so please god we will be able to travel by next October.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:41am

We have booked the Park Inn By Radisson Baku its a 12 minute walk to the two pubs that you mentioned according to Goggle maps. 12 of us have booked flights also so please god we will be able to travel by next October.

I think you can be fairly sure the flights will go ahead - The risk would be not being able to get into the game. 

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I think you can be fairly sure the flights will go ahead - The risk would be not being able to get into the game. 
or the game is elsewhere
Wouldn't have risked flights myself at this stage - not at the cost  it is to get to Baku

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

or the game is elsewhere
Wouldn't have risked flights myself at this stage - not at the cost  it is to get to Baku

Yeah there is this too. Qarabag have had to play recent European games in Turkey.

Whatever about booking accommodation on free cancellation wouldn't be touching flights at the moment

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:05am
Are people booking flights now expecting to have the vaccine by then? 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:06am

The thinking behind booking so early is that with the gradual reopening of  stadiums cross Europe. But i do understand with the current  rules with no away fans and with this game over 10 months away it was a risk that we were willing to take but i suppose we will have a clearer picture next March / April so only time will tell if this risk pays off or not.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:13am

The thinking behind booking so early is that with the gradual reopening of  stadiums cross Europe. But i do understand with the current  rules with no away fans and with this game over 10 months away it was a risk that we were willing to take but i suppose we will have a clearer picture next March / April so only time will tell if this risk pays off or not.
All I'm booking at this stage is accommodation on free cancellation. There's no way, I'm going to pay out hundreds of pounds up front for flights if I don't know if I'm going to get to use them. I'll wait till the spring when, as you say, we should at least have a much better idea of what's going to happen, then I should be able to make a decision on whether it's worth booking flights. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Took a chance on Luxembourg mainly because of price and flight times 

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:17am
Loads of options for getting to Luxembourg, wouldn't worry about booking flights there just yet. 

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:18am
That hotel is in a good spot, anywhere around maiden Tower is where you want to be

Finnegans is the better of those pubs and I'd imagine where most Irish will go. 

There is two others, the shamrock and the aforementioned O'Malley. Both of those pubs are as Irish as any other pub in Baku, not one Irish drink on tap

We were the only two people in one of them, until a cat walked in. The other was popular with British oil workers, can't remember which was which. 

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:21am
I'd be 90% certain there'll be away fans able to get in, in Lux. It's a call they could make as a late as September 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:32am
I'm very much doubting my decision booking so far in advance now Cry just with the excitement of the draw the other day and the possibility of getting to an away game or anywhere for that matter that made me take the decision quickly. But hopefully by time this game comes around the vaccine will be widely available.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:45am

If I get the vaccine before the Portugal game I’ll go to that one.
I don’t mind booking last minute and paying a bit more.

But I’m not keen on booking anything now. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:53am
Vaccine is expected to be rolled out by the summer and case numbers/deaths should start to drop before then anyway as more and more get it. I'd be fairly confident we'll be getting to Baku. 

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:57am

Loads of options for getting to Luxembourg, wouldn't worry about booking flights there just yet. 

not sure about the loads going forward ,  there would of been in normal circumstances  but I doubt airline schedules will return to precovid levels anytime soon  .

Like I said it for me it was more for convienence and price  - its a calculated risk

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:01am

Vaccine is expected to be rolled out by the summer and case numbers/deaths should start to drop before then anyway as more and more get it. I'd be fairly confident we'll be getting to Baku. 

It's not here that the issue necessarily it's how things are in Azerbaijan that may be the issue. Away games attendance  are likely to be on a country by country basis 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:07am

not sure about the loads going forward ,  there would of been in normal circumstances  but I doubt airline schedules will return to precovid levels anytime soon  .

Like I said it for me it was more for convienence and price  - its a calculated risk

Quick and easy from Paris, Brussels, Charloi, Frankfurt and Hahn, be fine. 

If you got a direct one booked, then that's a different story but certainly people won't find it difficult to get there. 

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:16am

Quick and easy from Paris, Brussels, Charloi, Frankfurt and Hahn, be fine. 

If you got a direct one booked, then that's a different story but certainly people won't find it difficult to get there. 

Eurostar from London an option also. 

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:36am

If I get the vaccine before the Portugal game I’ll go to that one.
I don’t mind booking last minute and paying a bit more.

But I’m not keen on booking anything now. 

Same as that really . I am happy to pay more for flights as long as i know i can go and sit in the stands at the game otherwise it's just a gamble with your own money as flights will go i think with you on them or not . Are people prepared to pay for a private jab and at what cost ?

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 12:01pm
Is there a danger that if Azerbaijan and Armenia continue to kick off, they are both ordered to play at neutral venues?

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 12:18pm

I'm very much doubting my decision booking so far in advance now Cry just with the excitement of the draw the other day and the possibility of getting to an away game or anywhere for that matter that made me take the decision quickly. But hopefully by time this game comes around the vaccine will be widely available.
I don’t think you should I be too worried to be honest. If any thing game is the best chance for away fans getting into stadiums and it’s 60k plus stadium and next October. Much better chance than Luxembourg with a tiny ground. Hopefully all will be grand for Portugal, Azerbaijan and Luxembourg but the biggest risk for them flight is probably if the conflict kicks off there again but it seems ok since September anyway.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:09pm

That hotel is in a good spot, anywhere around maiden Tower is where you want to be

There is two others, the shamrock and the aforementioned O'Malley. Both of those pubs are as Irish as any other pub in Baku, not one Irish drink on tap

We were the only two people in one of them, until a cat walked in. The other was popular with British oil workers, can't remember which was which. 

LOLLOLLOL

We were in the Hops Bar that has a load of football scarves and a pool table and a black cat hopped up on the bar counter and scared the sh*te out of my mate when he was sitting at the bar. Have a couple of photos of the poxy cat on the bar counter and lying down on the floor interrupting our pool game. We were the only ones drinking in the bar as there was no one around. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

We were in the Hops Bar that has a load of football scarves and a pool table and a black cat hopped up on the bar counter and scared the sh*te out of my mate when he was sitting at the bar. Have a couple of photos of the poxy cat on the bar counter and lying down on the floor interrupting our pool game. We were the only ones drinking in the bar as there was no one around. 

This before you arrived or afterTongue

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:15pm

LOLLOLLOL

Both Wink

Two of the lads went onto a nightclub and there was nothing but prostitutes and rich Saudi lads in there. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:55pm
Once the old and vulnerable are vaccinated by end of February there should he no problem, deaths and icu cases will fall to virtually zero and no one will be counting covid numbers anymore. Everything will be back open by may/June so I'd book any of the trips away without hesitation. 

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:23pm

Once the old and vulnerable are vaccinated by end of February there should he no problem, deaths and icu cases will fall to virtually zero and no one will be counting covid numbers anymore. Everything will be back open by may/June so I'd book any of the trips away without hesitation. 
Hope ta fook you're right. 🙏

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:52pm

Is World Cup not 5%?

Yup 5% minimum

How the fook does it cost 80 million to build a 10k stadium. They must be awash with money. 

They are. And nothing is cheap in Luxembourg either. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:03pm

LOLLOLLOL

Both Wink

Two of the lads went onto a nightclub and there was nothing but prostitutes and rich Saudi lads in there. LOL

LOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 7:48am

If by some miracle all the old and vulnerable are vaccinated by the end of February and icu cases and deaths fall to zero, then surely everything will be back open in March and you can book a trip to Serbia? 

In order for this to happen by end of Feb you need the EU to approve the Oxford vaccine AND others that can we stored in a normal fridge in the next week or so and then let the drug companies race against each other to get the vaccines to the paying governments/public. 
But even then it will take more than 2 months! 

-------------

Posted By: EireHammer1
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 12:43pm
Well lads. Long term season ticket holder here but finally going to start making some away trips. Looking at Baku. Taking into account the risks involved with covid/conflicts out there, do ye still think the Irish will travel in relatively decent numbers? Cheers Smile

P.S feels good to finally post after years of lurking.

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:46pm
I have no idea to the questions you ask as will most people on here whether they think we can travel or not, except that if we are allowed travel about 1000 max will travel.
What I can answer is that when you do get to your first away you will be hooked and feel welcome by all. 
Hopefully that's in Baku all we can do for now is live in hope. 

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:47pm
Judging by the increase in accommodation prices you would think we had 6000 traveling, I'd imagine it will be closer to 600. There will be tickets for everyone.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by EireHammer1 EireHammer1 wrote:

Well lads. Long term season ticket holder here but finally going to start making some away trips. Looking at Baku. Taking into account the risks involved with covid/conflicts out there, do ye still think the Irish will travel in relatively decent numbers? Cheers Smile

P.S feels good to finally post after years of lurking.
I’d say hold off booking flights to Baku at the minute but there will be no worries about tickets in a 60k plus stadium you will be grand as we are guaranteed 3k tickets. Hopefully things will be ok by next October to travel. The conflict seems to have settled down so fingers crossed all will be grand. I’d say most agree that Tbilisi has been the best trip of the last few games and Baku is certainly the trip that most are looking forward to already. No harm booking accommodation if you want to but make sure it’s free cancellation. Have a 7 bedroom apartment booked myself for only €270 for two nights.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:30pm
What's the most we ever brought to Tbilisi? Can't see numbers being much greater than that.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:36pm

What's the most we ever brought to Tbilisi? Can't see numbers being much greater than that.

The 2nd visit under MoN in 2017 was the most I reckon. The place seemed jointed with our fans compared to other visits in recent years.

Maybe 1500 - 2k. Could be wildly wrong though.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

The 2nd visit under MoN in 2017 was the most I reckon. The place seemed jointed with our fans compared to other visits in recent years.

Maybe 1500 - 2k. Could be wildly wrong though.
I’d say it was closer to 1000-1500 in 2017 although it was more than last year anyway. The fact we have never played Azerbaijan gives it more of a novelty factor since we had Georgia a good few times recently.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Judging by the increase in accommodation prices you would think we had 6000 traveling, I'd imagine it will be closer to 600. There will be tickets for everyone.

Just saw that, silly money in some places, would imagine most hotels are closed so they've nothing up yet on the usual sites. Will wait for a while before booking anything and see how things play out over the next while

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:57pm
Have the €1 a night options posted on here the other day doubled in price?

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 3:14pm
Always thought was more in 2019 than 2017 in Tbilisi. Both sh*t results anyway.

Posted By: EireHammer1
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 4:10pm
Thanks for the replies. Praying we can all get over there. Have a hotel booked with free cancellation for 20pp per night but it seems like robbery compared to the one euro hostels being posted in other threads.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 4:23pm
There was the guts of 900 in 2017 and 1100 in 2019 tickets where only €2 so handy to harvest. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 6:48pm
Wasn't in Tbilisi in 2017 but there was way more fans in 2019 than in the 2014 game when McGeady got the winner. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

What, what have the prices rise by?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:34pm
Will it be full stadiums or away fans first?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

its xmas eve man ffs.. it will be what it it will be. Go and enjoy your xmas and new year

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 10:33pm
Eh, no. I'd like a definitive answer on this now please.

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 10:55pm

its xmas eve man ffs.. it will be what it it will be. Go and enjoy your xmas and new year
Christmas Eve is all about avoiding the rest of your family and going on the INTERNET instead

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Christmas Eve is all about avoiding the rest of your family and going on the INTERNET instead
he’s only upstairs..

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 12:02pm
I still not sure about the Sept fixtures.

The UK now have 2 vaccines approved so supply should not be a major issue.
They have 25M vulnerable people who have first priority but in reality they probably need approx 40M people to get the vaccine before they can fully open up.

The current expectation is to have 1M people a week from early Jan to have access to the vaccine but everybody needs 2 vaccines.

So 25M people means 50M vaccines = 50 weeks
Even if they manage to get this up to 2M a week that still means end of June (Q2 for BSM) for all the vulnerable people to get the vaccine.
Another 15M people would be early October.

Since the UK are first movers in approving the vaccines I would assume these timelines would be similar or slightly better than rest of Europe....

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net