Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57562
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:38am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Posters than make you click on/off a thread
Posted By: Baldrick
Subject: Posters than make you click on/off a thread
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:27pm
On a thread and you can see who has posted last on the thread.  Which poster would make Click on the thread and which poster would make you stay well Away from the thread

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Replies:
Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:31am
Yeah, this'll go well

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:29am
clicked on here when I saw you posted Paulie :) 

This place needs a good reckoning :)

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:51am
In the last few months one poster has probably contributed about 50% of the total content on here.

Its some effort to be putting into an Internet forum.

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

In the last few months one poster has probably contributed about 50% of the total content on here.

Its some effort to be putting into an Internet forum.

the problem is people keep replying to them instead of ignoring them

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

On a thread and you can see who has posted last on the thread.  Which poster would make Click on the thread and which poster would make you stay well Away from the thread

Ya can't post that and not give us your examples surely?

Would always check a post where PM or Lassassin have posted, see what interesting takes they have. When I first came on here I'd avoid threads that you posted on but after a while I think I got your humour or maybe you just got less annoying about 5 years agoLOL.
For a while I avoided anywhere that Hans and SirAlex posted as it was an absolute sh*t show.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:28am
LOL definitely felt that way about Baldrick for a while alright

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:30am
I’d seldom go into a lot of threads on the whatever section, most of them are on the same topic now anyway since Sids takeover 

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:44am
Would generally click on most threads that a conterversial poster posts on as I'm hoping for somone to go off on one.

Long winded posts or multi quote posts put me off threads. Balls to read on a phone.

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:47am
Just curious how you would invest so much time and effort with all those posts.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:51am
Most of the threads in the ROI section are sh*te. The worst time on this forum is just after an Ireland match.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:22am

which poster would make you stay well Away from the thread
Given the lack of interest in this thread it seems Baldrick would be right up at the top of the list LOL

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLdefinitely felt that way about Baldrick for a while alright

Smile Like a pint of Guinness an Acquired taste or gives you the sh*ts. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Ya can't post that and not give us your examples surely?

Would always check a post where PM or Lassassin have posted, see what interesting takes they have. When I first came on here I'd avoid threads that you posted on but after a while I think I got your humour or maybe you just got less annoying about 5 years ago 
For a while I avoided anywhere that Hans and SirAlex posted as it was an absolute sh*t show.

Guilty as charged :). There is an earnestness that has taken over of late that lacks humour and humility which is saying a lot coming from me Smile

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:01am
Trap Jnr would be a click on for me.
Short, sharp and witty. No multi quoted posts or essays to read

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:11am
I have an alert set for when BSM posts Hug

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:17am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I have one for Nero.  Sadly it’s never used. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:26am
Definitely click on it  if the likes of Planning, Shedite or Topper have posted because it could be anything and has a good chance of being amusing. There's a few sensitive lads too that can be enjoyable, without mentioning names. People seem to forget that the place is pretty f**king pointless.LOL

There's a lot of bland posters who have posted fairly regularly for years and  have never really said anything. I could never see the point of using an internet forum to point out the obvious or solely to mention you went up a big  hill on a bicycle, but each to their own. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:31am
DM is an instant click on for me.

I love hearing about what an Irish-born player who briefly played in Sunderland's academy in the 1990s before dropping out of the game is doing now. The Sunderland thread is the most epic thread on the forum; it reminds me of The Iliad in terms of its scope and depth, full of the kind of insightful debate that you get on The Athletic or The Guardian. I also don't have to find highlights of matches to see goals scored by Irish players because I know DM will be there with his much vaunted goal ratings i.e. "Quality", "Cracking", or "Cool finish".

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:36am
All depends on my mood and time as for long winded posts near close to always give them a miss , now Des was something you had to read as always on the money apart from hurling which i never bothered with anyway .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:36am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Definitely click on it  if the likes of Planning, Shedite or Topper have posted because it could be anything and has a good chance of being amusing. There's a few sensitive lads too that can be enjoyable, without mentioning names. People seem to forget that the place is pretty f**king pointless.LOL

There's a lot of bland posters who have posted fairly regularly for years and  have never really said anything. I could never see the point of using an internet forum to point out the obvious or solely to mention you went up a big  hill on a bicycle, but each to their own. 

£££. Hey Pre Madonna leave Shoco alone. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

All depends on my mood and time as for long winded posts near close to always give them a miss , now Des was something you had to read as always on the money apart from hurling which i never bothered with anyway .

Didnt even read

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:46am

�£�£�£. Hey Pre Madonna leave Shoco alone. 
I actually wasn't think of an individual as there are quite a few of them, but a fine example alright! 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:53am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

😍

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

DM is an instant click on for me.

I love hearing about what an Irish-born player who briefly played in Sunderland's academy in the 1990s before dropping out of the game is doing now. The Sunderland thread is the most epic thread on the forum; it reminds me of The Iliad in terms of its scope and depth, full of the kind of insightful debate that you get on The Athletic or The Guardian. I also don't have to find highlights of matches to see goals scored by Irish players because I know DM will be there with his much vaunted goal ratings i.e. "Quality", "Cracking", or "Cool finish".

It's an instant off for me.

I can probably speak for GD on his behalf also but you know it's gonna contain either some transfer rumour about some player from FC Sochaux, some 3rd cousin of Rory McIlroy who's scored for the U17's or some takeover rumour regarding some bloke who lives in Diagon Alley.

The obsession with having the thread on the top deters me and GD from posting in it.

I think the fuss over McGeady is the first half-reasonable discussion the thread's had since their Netflix series began LOL

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:28pm
And then you arrive and tell everyone you were at the gym.

-------------

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:30pm

Obligatory innit. A bit like checking in on Facebook.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:31pm

I'd even take that with a pinch of Sodium Chloride. 

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:31pm
The worst type of thread is predicting the score in an Ireland game.
Who is really going to trawl through several pages of strangers posting 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:46pm
I'm not turned off by any particular poster but rather behaviour. Too many threads with giant post and multi quotes in the end touching on similar issues and generally I would not even bother trying to catch up and move along. Would be good if those types of discussion could stay within dedicated threads.

In terms of clicking onto a thread, I think I just look at new posts and see if there are titles that interest me or if something has a load of new posts then go in and check out what it is all about, so again, not really focused on the particular poster

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:53pm
Funnily enough, I have often said about myself in my head "thread killer" because I've often come in to see if there is any response to maybe a point i made and I will see its down the list of threads unanswered! 

I am pretty average and boring personality wise on a day to day basis unless I have a drink and get giddy so my posts probably reflect the same!

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Who is really going to trawl through several pages of strangers posting 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1

That's why I always post ridiculous scores line 9-0

To answer the question at hand PM as Flanno said he's one who can hold a decent debate and isn't afraid to back up his arguments with people which can be highly entertaining. 

I do miss JAVIER just for the random Argentinian primera D players who qualify for Ireland 

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

To answer the question at hand PM as Flanno said he's one who can hold a decent debate and isn't afraid to back up his arguments with people which can be highly entertaining. 

I do miss JAVIER just for the random Argentinian primera D players who qualify for Ireland 

Poor Javier hasn’t taken too well to covid to be fair. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 1:59pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Poor Javier hasn’t taken too well to covid to be fair. 
Did you hear about the Argentine Matt Le Tissier?

His name is Javier Mask-er-a-NO

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 6:31pm
must say when I see Olaf has posted in a thread I usually stay away.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:26pm

must say when I see Olaf has posted in a thread I usually stay away.  
Lunacy is what this place is founded on. Give me his semi-literate ramblings over boredom any day.Clap

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net