URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57551
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 2:52pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Well known victims of Internet Brain Rot
Posted By: sid waddell
Subject: Well known victims of Internet Brain Rot
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm
This is taking over the Coronavirus thread so here goes

Qualifications are a belief in nutty conspiracy theories, being anti-mask, anti-vaccine, anti-Covid restrictions or down the right wing culture war rabbit hole in general

Jim Corr
Matt Le Tissier
Peter Ebdon
Ali Carter
Ian Brown
Eddie O'Sullivan

I think No-vaxx Djokovic and Dejan "Degsy" Lovren are nutty enough to be included as well

Peter Shilton gives all the signs of brain rot but I doubt there was much brain there to rot in the first place

Rugby's Eddie O'Sullivan looks like our first home grown sporting figure to fall victim

Ones to keep an eye on include Roger Daltrey, Chris Waddle, and, I bet anything, Tony Adams

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Replies:
Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 9:19pm
Anyone who’s read this forum over the past few months could become a victim of brain rot

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 9:30pm
A bitter Stone Roses feud is erupting

John Squire has replied to Ian Brown's tweet

Squire is PRO-MASK

The battle lines have been drawn

As somebody who liked Brown's solo stuff and ridiculed Squire's post-Stone Roses musical efforts, this is difficult for me

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 11:23pm
To be fair to them both, Squire was the genius in that band. He reinvented that psychedelic jangle-pop sound, he was the main lyricist, regardless of what Brown may claim, and created the brilliant artwork and branding.  Brown's job was to chip in with a few lyrics and look dangerously cool, which he did brilliantly, but he cannot sing! 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 2:20pm
More brain rotted zombies are wandering the wasteland of low level celebrity Twitter amateur epidemiology

Richard Madeley is not so much Richard and Judy as punch him and Judy (I mean punch Richard, not Judy)

Former Coronation Street actress Denise Welch might as well be reading Welsh for all she understands about Covid

Carol Decker of T'Pau thinks you can squash the China virus in your hand, but not by wearing a mask

I wonder what John Leslie and yer wan from Transvision Vamp think

Samantha Fox hasn't yet weighed in with her opinion

John Fashanu is so far curiously silent, so too Vinnie Jones

We await developments as regards the pronouncements of these key opinion formers 

-------------

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Anyone who’s read this forum over the past few months could become a victim of brain rot

LOL

Posted By: Reillers88
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

A bitter Stone Roses feud is erupting

John Squire has replied to Ian Brown's tweet

Squire is PRO-MASK

The battle lines have been drawn

As somebody who liked Brown's solo stuff and ridiculed Squire's post-Stone Roses musical efforts, this is difficult for me

Surely their relationship was f**ked anyway seeing as the reunion shows ended when they did. Everyone was clamouring for a new album if only to see how bad it might have been and they couldn't keep it together to make it happen. 

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 6:06am
Shay Given liking anti-mask posts on Twitter.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:13am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He also thought the famine was in the 1920’s.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:22am

Hang him high from the nearest lamp post and quick. One utter scumbag for having an opinion

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Forgot about that LOL

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:59am

Hang him high from the nearest lamp post and quick. One utter scumbag for having an opinion

Bit over the top and un called for.  

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Is that not the reaction these days on the internet to someone taking a different view than yourself on a matter such as this?

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:06am

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Is that not the reaction these days on the internet to someone taking a different view than yourself on a matter such as this?

Ah gets you know Pinch

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:15am

Posts like this are the problem with the INTERNET and modern society

Free speech grifting, it's called

Claiming to be be "pro-free speech", while simultaneously trying to shut down other people

What it really means is "stupid opinions should be allowed to be voiced unchallenged"

But only stupid opinions

A tactic straight from Katie Hopkins

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:58am
Nope, I've no problem with anyone having an opinion
I aint gonna get angry on the internet about Matt Le Tissier thinking people shouldn't wear masks or Jon Walters suggesting that he votes Conservative.
 Definitely not going to start a new thread suggesting that they have "brain rot" for expressing a view.

Each to their own

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:12am

I aint gonna get angry on the internet about Matt Le Tissier thinking people shouldn't wear masks or Jon Walters suggesting that he votes Conservative.

Each to their own
But you do have a problem with people having opinions

You consistently voice that here

And what you certainly have a problem with is people in the public eye being called out over stupid opinions

While simultaneously claiming you don't

It can't be both, as you claim - they are fundamentally competing claims

The notion that no opinion should be challenged, that all opinions are equal in legitimacy, bedevils modern society

This is why we have the worldwide problem with fascism we now have - because a lot of people count the opinions of Matt Le Tissier as equal in legitimacy to that of, say, Devi Sridhar

And the very people who push this "idea" most, the fascists, are the people who believe in it least - they are the people who most want to shut down any opinion they don't agree with

Which is an entirely different thing to challenging or ridiculing an idiotic opinion like that held by Matt Le Tissier, which is a completely legitimate thing to do

Funnily enough, you've consistently tried to shut down debate about Manchester City's ties to the horrible Abu Dhabi regime

Your opinions are tied up in many knots of confusion, inconsistency and hypocrisy

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:19am

Each to their own

And what you certainly have a problem with is people in the public eye being called out over stupid opinions

Where have I claimed that?

I've been pretty consistent. People are entitled to their opinions, no matter how stupid others may view it, and don't have to be hauled over the coals incessantly, obsessed over or treated like a pariah for having a differing one.

The very fact you've started a thread about them is strange in itself.
An ex footballer believes we shouldn't have to wear masks. CryCryCry Boo f**king hoo.
Go an do a days work and get over it

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:40am

Each to their own

Where have I claimed that?

I've been pretty consistent. People are entitled to their opinions, no matter how stupid others may view it, and don't have to be hauled over the coals, obsessed over or treated like a pariah for having a differing one.

The very fact you've started a thread about them is strange in itself.
An ex footballer believes we shouldn't have to wear masks. CryCryCry Boo f**king hoo.
Go an do a days work and get over it

You see you're just proving my point

People have the right to privately believe anything they want

But if somebody is publicly uttering stupid and dangerous opinions which are, say, going explicitly against public health advice and promoting the spread of a pandemic disease, they should indeed be challenged, ridiculed and if necessary made a pariah, especially if they have zero knowledge to back up their idiotic opinions - as is the case with Le Tissier, Ian Brown, Peter Ebdon etc.

If, say an expert in a relevant field challenges the public health advice in good faith and makes their case in a reasonable manner, they have at least earned the right to a hearing - that's the difference anf that's the essence of real public debate

Whereas Le Tissier is an ex-footballer who has zero medical expertise, and is also promoting far right political demonstrations

Your ideology says that anybody who, say, publicly denies the Holocaust happened should not suffer in any way for that

Which would obviously be ridiculous

Platforms have responsibilities and misuse has consequences

Le Tissier was obviously sacked from Sky because of what he said and was promoting, and he thoroughly deserved it

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Given thinks the lyrics of "Up The RA" by the Rubberbandits is real history

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:32pm
Jedward destroying Ian Brown on Twitter sums the year up so far.LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They gave Jim Corr a run for his money too.

Jedward: the least likely liberal poster boys since Michael Heseltine and Kenneth Clarke.

Maybe they should swap acts.

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:22pm

When you're getting rinsed by Jedward you need to give up LOL

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

When you're getting rinsed by Jedward you need to give up LOL
Jedward were hanging around with Vincent Browne nearly a decade ago

They didn't waste the lessons they got from the great man

-------------

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:11pm
Ian Brown ( I absolutely love most of his music) is a perfect illustration of one facit of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He is an absolute idiot that thinks he knows better than experienced qualified scientists. The type of person that claims that he has done his research whilst not having a clue what research actually means. The fella spouts off about f**king chemtrails on his latest album ffs. 

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Ian Brown ( I absolutely love most of his music) is a perfect illustration of one facit of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He is an absolute idiot that thinks he knows better than experienced qualified scientists. The type of person that claims that he has done his research whilst not having a clue what research actually means. The fella spouts off about f**king chemtrails on his latest album ffs. 
YOUR NUTS IF YOU BELIVE ANYTING THE MSM TELL U

ALWAYS QUESTION EVERYTING

GO WAY AND TINK FOR URSELF

KEEP AN OPEN MIND ON EVERYTING

DO UR OWN RESERCH

-------------

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:45pm

DO UR OWN RESERCH

That's my personal favourite. 

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

DO UR OWN RESERCH

That's my personal favourite. 
People banging on about "this stuff was not meant to go into our bodies" and "it's interfering with nature" and such and such is a beauty

Literally rules out the entirety of modern medicine 

Most of the US based crackpots spouting this nonsense are probably addicted to oxycontin

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 3:00pm
Looks like Noel Gallagher has joined Ian Brown in getting a dose of the brain rot

The signs were there, he was going steadily in a Morrissey direction

I always thought Don't Believe The Truth was an ironic album title, but it now appears it wasn't

To my knowledge Bernard Sumner and Shaun Ryder still remain free of the brain rot, but that is always subject to change

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 3:15pm

Looks like Noel Gallagher has joined Ian Brown in getting a dose of the brain rot

The signs were there, he was going steadily in a Morrissey direction

I always thought Don't Believe The Truth was an ironic album title, but it now appears it wasn't

To my knowledge Bernard Sumner and Shaun Ryder still remain free of the brain rot, but that is always subject to change

Gallagher's a dimwit who once boasted on a well-known talkshow that he hadn't read a book since his school days. A Blairite and a vehemently anti-Corbyn gobsh*te to boot.

Remember 'Cool Britannia' and Tony Blair's Number 10 party? Vomit-inducing.

When 'Standing on the Shoulder of Giants' came out it sounded vaguely liierate by Oasis standards for a short time, until it you realised that it's a misquote Noel had seen on a £2 coin in the pub.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 3:49pm
Both Gallagher's have been suffering from brain rot for a long time now never mind from Twitter.

"Gaggin' for a chuddy cos it's rock nd roll innit mate" t**sers.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:07pm
Think everyone is suffering from internet brain rot, when was the last time anyone here went a day offline? 

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:08pm
Happens to a lot of people when they play up to character,  or caricature, for too long. Mozza got a sort of Jesus complex and I think it has happened with Noel and Ian Brown too. 

Come to think of it, maybe that's why they made that ridiculous 'Manchester Passion' with Tim Booth.LOL

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:11pm

Happens to a lot of people when they play up to character,  or caricature, for too long. Mozza got a sort of Jesus complex and I think it has happened with Noel and Ian Brown too. 

Come to think of it, maybe that's why they made that ridiculous 'Manchester Passion' with Tim Booth.LOL

To be fair to him (not that I've actually checked) but Morrissey has been quite quiet on the conspiracy theories

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:26pm
Is that because nobody is listening?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

To be fair to him (not that I've actually checked) but Morrissey has been quite quiet on the conspiracy theories
34 years later his fake story about the Queen being dead still hasn't come true

Be a laugh if he died before her and the Queen then tweeted "Morrissey is dead"

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:34pm
Standing on the shoulder of covid patients is Noels new album 

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:52pm

It couldn't be any worse than his last one.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:55pm

It couldn't be any worse than his last one.

LOL

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:09pm
Covid Forever

Maybe I don't really wanna know
'Bout your Covid nose
'Cause I want you to die
Lately, did you ever feel the pain
In the morning rain
As you come down with pneumon'

Maybe I just wanna fly*
Wanna live, but I hope Mam dies
Maybe I just wanna breathe
Maybe I just don't believe
Maybe you're the same as me
We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever

*first class with exorbitantly priced champagne served up

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:42am
Noel Gallagher and his High Flying Germs

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 8:13am
His next song is a cover of Covideo killed the radio star

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:00pm
Wayne Lineker.

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:36pm
One of the worst examples of the 'celebrity' age we live in. A man famous because his brother was good at football and drug dealing. The fact he is well-known at all is proof of the brain rot.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Wayne Lineker.
He's demanding he be put behind bars

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:55pm

One of the worst examples of the 'celebrity' age we live in. A man famous because his brother was good at football and drug dealing. The fact he is well-known at all is proof of the brain rot.

And there's me thinking it was only crisps he flogged.

'E's and Onion'

'Snort and Lineker'

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

And there's me thinking it was only crisps he flogged.

'E's and Onion'

'Snort and Lineker'
From my brief experience of their bar, that was the snack list available and it is unlikely Gary was unaware. 
An expert in avoiding taxes too.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:21pm

The fact he hasn't been investigated by Operation Yewtree is outstanding to me.

The absolute state of the content he puts up on Instagram Dead

His latest post from today prompted me to put him at #1 for Brain rot. He is the definition of Brain rot.

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:27pm
What kind of person gets full sleeve tattoos in their fifties?

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:40pm
Had never heard of him till now. 

Posted By: Americanisms
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 3:32pm
Had a look at a Southampton FC forum the other day to get their fan's general take on MLT's political views and the majority basically said "he should be immune to criticism because he's a club legend".

A slightly odd sentiment, given that none of the posters actually said they agreed with him about Covid or anything else politically speaking!

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Americanisms Americanisms wrote:

Had a look at a Southampton FC forum the other day to get their fan's general take on MLT's political views and the majority basically said "he should be immune to criticism because he's a club legend".

A slightly odd sentiment, given that none of the posters actually said they agreed with him about Covid or anything else politically speaking!
Which forum is that?

Posted By: Americanisms
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Which forum is that?

SaintsWeb, the thread itself on Tiss hasn't been active since early August

Posted By: ErsatzThistle
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 5:44pm

Ever seen the reaction on a Celtic or Rangers forum when a club legend is gets into trouble with the law ? Weirdos claiming conspiracies are afoot and wanting to help with bail money and things like that.

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 6:56pm
I know Celtic fans who believe nothing they read in papers about their own players but everything they read in a screenshotted WhatsApp chat from god knows who about a Rangers player LOL

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:51pm
Eddie Hearn the latest victim of the COVID brain rot

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:58pm
Is it really brain rot with him? The man is just a f**king moron with a rich dad  and that just means he has a genuine shot at Prime Minister. 

-------------

Posted By: Jackal
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:06am
If you were synical, you'd suspect that Jeff Stelling is trying to get sacked.

Posted By: Gabrieléire
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:09pm

-------------
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:37pm
Fine for adults, not for kids. Kids shouldn't have their parents ignorance forced on them with disastrous consequences. 

-------------

Posted By: Gabrieléire
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 8:11am
Starting to actually feel half sorry for the “I believe everything I watch on YouTube” brigade. The amount of people who I actually thought had a bit common sense and cop on are spouting their conspiracies on Facebook and in particular in the comment sections of Facebook posts. 

I am all for people having a choice if they don’t want to get a vaccine, literally completely their decision but don’t look down at me because I am going to trust the scientists and take the vaccine. 

Lockdown has lead to people having a lot more time to watch videos, read articles etc and unfortunately a lot are having their brains turned to mush. 

“dO yOuR oWn ReSeArCh” is a common comment I see these days. People need to wise up and realise how ridiculous they sound. 

-------------
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Starting to actually feel half sorry for the “I believe everything I watch on YouTube” brigade. The amount of people who I actually thought had a bit common sense and cop on are spouting their conspiracies on Facebook and in particular in the comment sections of Facebook posts. 

I am all for people having a choice if they don’t want to get a vaccine, literally completely their decision but don’t look down at me because I am going to trust the scientists and take the vaccine. 

Lockdown has lead to people having a lot more time to watch videos, read articles etc and unfortunately a lot are having their brains turned to mush. 

“dO yOuR oWn ReSeArCh” is a common comment I see these days. People need to wise up and realise how ridiculous they sound. 
I've seen this aLtErNaTiNg between capital and small letters a few times recently from the brain rot brigade

From what I can make out it's some sort of bizarre INTERNET brain rot calling card?

What's the purpose of it?

Anybody know?

It just makes the person who writes such a message look brainwashed, perhaps that's the point?

It also takes quite a lot of effort to do that, I made three mistakes doing it above and had to go back and edit

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:46pm
Qewan is losing his rag completely at a gentle jibe at him by Malachy Clerkin on yesterday's Second Captains podcast LOL

Actually, Clerkin didn't mention a surname, so it could have been any Ewan he was making fun of LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:53am
Le Tissier's brain is now about as much in control about as some of the opposition defenders he left on their arses at his peak were in control trying to dispossess him

Southampton used to play at the Dell when Le Tissier was with them

Dell computers used Microsoft Windows

Microsoft is owned by Bill Gates

Maybe Le Tissier is a Bill Gates plant? Wink LOL

I dunno, I'm just trying to think like he would 

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1367125177058885633

Are we just gonna keep pretending the Nuremberg code doesn’t exist?
Man shrugging

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 1:03am

Qewan is losing his rag completely at a gentle jibe at him by Malachy Clerkin on yesterday's Second Captains podcast LOL

Actually, Clerkin didn't mention a surname, so it could have been any Ewan he was making fun of LOL

Qewan LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 1:31am
Ant Middleton has been sacked from CH4 for having too much brain rot

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:32am
Very sad about Le Tiss alrightCry

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:36am

Very sad about Le Tiss alrightCry

Plus 1 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Qewan LOL

When I first read that I thought to myself, "What the f**k is Macauley Culken doing on Second Captains?"

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Qewan LOL

When I first read that I thought to myself, "What the f**k is Macauley Culken doing on Second Captains?"
The brain sometimes take ill advised short cuts, but most brains have the facility to recognise a wrong turn taken

Some brains however wander into a metaphorical maze of alleyways, get mugged and battered and never emerge again

This thread is about those victims

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:50am

Brian Harvey, who once ran over himself in a car because of.....ehm.....potatoes apparently, has started a new show on YouTube promoting various conspiracy theories. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 10:16am
Of course he has ffs LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:58am
We're always told exercise is complementary to other aspects of life, such as education and developing the mind

But that doesn't explain the recent trend for gym owners to be going on Twitter and spouting Covid denialism and conspiracy theories

-------------

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:09pm
A lot of my "hardcore gym" friends seem to have a bit of a hierarchy in the head that physical fitness from gym work actually trumps the reduction of the spread of Covid. They always start with the strawman that McDonalds is allowed do delivery and drive-thru.

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Brian Harvey, who once ran over himself in a car because of.....ehm.....potatoes apparently, has started a new show on YouTube promoting various conspiracy theories. 
I'd say if you did up a list of all the people who have ever been a contestant on "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here", there would be a fair correlation with celebrity brain rot victims

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:22pm

We're always told exercise is complementary to other aspects of life, such as education and developing the mind

But that doesn't explain the recent trend for gym owners to be going on Twitter and spouting Covid denialism and conspiracy theories
I never got the narrative that gyms should be one of the first things to open. Enclosed spaces often with no proper ventilation with people breathing heavily and sharing equipment. Surely should be one of the last things to reopen!

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:24pm
Gym Owners and Hairdressers are now epidemiologists don’t you know.  

Going for a run and lifting weights at home is not good for you.  You have to do it under the supervision of a lad Charging you 60 quid a month to get the real health benefit. 

And it’s dangerous to cut your hair at home.  The repercussions of home hairdressing are unimaginable, and who is going to have to clean up the mess, only hairdressers.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

A lot of my "hardcore gym" friends seem to have a bit of a hierarchy in the head that physical fitness from gym work actually trumps the reduction of the spread of Covid. They always start with the strawman that McDonalds is allowed do delivery and drive-thru.
There seems to be a very big crossover between gym culture and the culture of the for profit wellness industry

The culture of the for profit wellness industry has a massive crossover with the culture of vacuous internet memes and faux-profound "inspirational" quotes

The culture of vacuous internet memes and faux profound quotes seems to have a very big crossover with the world of homeopathy and "alternative medicine"

The world of homeopathy and "alternative medicine" has a very big crossover with conspiracy theorising

It's all very white American and very weird 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:31pm

I never got the narrative that gyms should be one of the first things to open. Enclosed spaces often with no proper ventilation with people breathing heavily and sharing equipment. Surely should be one of the last things to reopen!
It drove me mad when gyms were open here and pubs weren't! They are definitely the least safe space imaginable. Dogging is safer as at least it's outdoors. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:44pm

It drove me mad when gyms were open here and pubs weren't! They are definitely the least safe space imaginable. Dogging is safer as at least it's outdoors. 
Excellent for fitness too, probably better than gyms

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:31pm

Dr Walkabout Coyne will have something to say about this 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:38pm

Does he go to gyms? He hasn't mentioned it at all.

-------------

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:52pm

There seems to be a very big crossover between gym culture and the culture of the for profit wellness industry

The culture of the for profit wellness industry has a massive crossover with the culture of vacuous internet memes and faux-profound "inspirational" quotes

The culture of vacuous internet memes and faux profound quotes seems to have a very big crossover with the world of homeopathy and "alternative medicine"

The world of homeopathy and "alternative medicine" has a very big crossover with conspiracy theorising

It's all very white American and very weird 

Gym culture has a fairly easy narrative to turn to when they wish to claim that they should be exempt, and that is the hubristic belief that they are important for both physical and mental wellbeing, and that they are different to pubs and restaurants, and that sports and live entertainment doesnt have the same intrinsic value in terms of outcomes. Its just another industry with an inflated view of its importance, especially if you buy a bike, and find some place to go running, you're totally covered.

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:57pm

LOL

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 7:45am
Over 150 teachers, academics, medics and celebrities have sent a letter to the Education Secretary, Frank Spencer, imploring him not to recommend that children have to wear masks in school on Monday.
The dazzling array of experts included;

Lee Hurst 
Anthea Turner 
'Tiger' Tim Henman 
Carol McGiffin (I will save you having to use Google, she's on Loose Women)
Matt Le Tissier 
Richard Madeley 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:48am

Twat! LOLClap

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:05am

Over 150 teachers, academics, medics and celebrities have sent a letter to the Education Secretary, Frank Spencer, imploring him not to recommend that children have to wear masks in school on Monday.
The dazzling array of experts included;

Lee Hurst 
Anthea Turner 
'Tiger' Tim Henman 
Carol McGiffin (I will save you having to use Google, she's on Loose Women)
Matt Le Tissier 
Richard Madeley 

Not a great name for a minister to have to instill confidence in his decision making.  

His response will probably be I don’t really know.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:29am
I believe the name is derived from his inability to instill confidence in anyone or anything. I don't know who noticed the similarities originally, but it is uncanny.

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:12pm
Frank Spencer LOL

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Frank Spencer LOL

When he was at the MOD he was referred to as Private Pike by some of the staff 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:42pm
Some guy from Dumbford and Sons

-------------

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:56pm
Today's anti lockdown protest in Cork was apparently organised by someone who is anti water charges pro Palestine etc. so I don't think the far right can be accused solely of this mindset. Interent Brain rot doesn't care about your political ideology. 

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 7:45am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Today's anti lockdown protest in Cork was apparently organised by someone who is anti water charges pro Palestine etc. so I don't think the far right can be accused solely of this mindset. Interent Brain rot doesn't care about your political ideology. 

Bollocks. I am on the left and move in those circles and don't know of one person that believes any of that nonsense.
It is also worth noting that there are people on the far right who support Palestine, for obvious reasons. 

-------------

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:29am

Bollocks. I am on the left and move in those circles and don't know of one person that believes any of that nonsense.
It is also worth noting that there are people on the far right who support Palestine, for obvious reasons. 
Maybe I have it incorrect regarding the organising of the protest and if so I apologies. Anyway it doesn't seem like yesterday's protest had huge numbers, similar to some of the others in the country.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:33am

Maybe I have it incorrect regarding the organising of the protest and if so I apologies. Anyway it doesn't seem like yesterday's protest had huge numbers, similar to some of the others in the country.
I just feel it is part of this 'both sides' argument which is prominent in liberalism and is, in my view, part of the problem!
Leftists(I hate this term) in general want to make society fairer for everyone. You can disagree with the methods, but that's the reality of it. It is the same sort of argument that implies Hitler was a socialist. 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:52am
It seems to me that the both sidesism is mainly about generating sales, ratings and clicks

Media has a vested interest in both sidesing, and thus platforming griters who don't believe what they say and are in the game of right wing grifting for profile and monetary gain

This is one of its biggest failings

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:56am

It seems to me that the both sidesism is mainly about generating sales, ratings and clicks

Media has a vested interest in both sidesing, and thus platforming griters who don't believe what they say and are in the game of right wing grifting for profile and monetary gain

That's absolutely true. The British media is sliding towards fascism while protesting about everything being 'left wing'.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:13am

That's absolutely true. The British media is sliding towards fascism while protesting about everything being 'left wing'.
Even look at the Irish Times

Falling over themselves yesterday to call the flat earthers in Cork "peaceful"

Always accentuate the "positive" about the nutcases

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:18am
I am very close to cancelling my subscription to the Irish Times (most middle class sentence I have written)  for their sudden downplaying of the fringe fascists.
Unfortunately, in general, the right have won the culture war and those of us on the left need to assess why.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:29am

I am very close to cancelling my subscription to the Irish Times (most middle class sentence I have written)  for their sudden downplaying of the fringe fascists.
Unfortunately, in general, the right have won the culture war and those of us on the left need to assess why.

Great question PM.   My own theory is tone and that many people dont like being lectured to and the right provides easy answers and doesnt blame thr majority but blames the minority and others them.   Far more nuance on the left and being a decent person and giving people rights etc.  Simple slogans are more accessible.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net