Topic: FA Cup 20/21
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: FA Cup 20/21
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 5:03am
Maine Road v Squires Gate.

FA Cup Premlimentary Round.

7.45 ko.

BBC red button/BBC Website/BBC iPlayer.

Maine Road formed by Man city supporters similar to what happened at FC Untied.

Fans can attend this tonight.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:15am

Hashtag Utd playing Soham Town live on the BBC Red button tonight.

Hashtag Utd what a name!!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:09pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/26/fa-cup-first-round-draw-ipswich-face-fellow-former-winners-portsmouth" rel="nofollow - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/26/fa-cup-first-round-draw-ipswich-face-fellow-former-winners-portsmouth

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 2:44pm

Ipswich v Portsmouth the pick of the live TV fa cup games this weekend.

15.00 ko on BY Sport Extra and BBC iPlayer today.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 7:37pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2020/nov/30/fa-cup-third-round-draw-live" rel="nofollow - https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2020/nov/30/fa-cup-third-round-draw-live

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 7:45pm
Merseyside's Marine v Tottenham Hotspur

Marine have always been a good club, I'm sure I remember them from a previous FA Cup run, 1993 I think

Jason McAteer played for them, not sure if he played in that cup run but he certainly played for them in or around that time

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 8:00pm
My abiding memory of Marine was in Round 1 of the 1995/1996 FA Cup where the were hit for 11 by somebody and when MOTD played the highlights they played "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" as the soundtrack.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 8:15pm
Burnley didn't draw Man City , still there is always the 4th round if we make it that far .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 8:57am
Villa against Adrain and the Liverpool youth team - only one winner there

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 1:31pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fa-cup-third-round-coronavirus-23202702" rel="nofollow - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fa-cup-third-round-coronavirus-23202702

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 6:51pm
Covid strikes again.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/07/southampton-could-get-fa-cup-bye-after-shrewsbury-covid-outbreak" rel="nofollow - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/07/southampton-could-get-fa-cup-bye-after-shrewsbury-covid-outbreak

-------------

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 7:10pm
Are they allowing any rescheduling due to Covid  or you must play or forfeit ?

I see Derby are playing their U23 team.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Are they allowing any rescheduling due to Covid  or you must play or forfeit ?

I see Derby are playing their U23 team.
From the outside it looks like if you're a big team it's rescheduled, it it's a smalll team, forfeit.

Outbreak at Villa now, that'll be a test.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:35pm
That was a ridiculous strong team for Liverpool against Villa U23 team. 

Was there any need?

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:39pm

Was there any need?
9 days to the next game so if they didnt get a run out it would have been roughly two weeks without a game supposedly 

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Was there any need?
9 days to the next game so if they didnt get a run out it would have been roughly two weeks without a game supposedly 

So they could have had a nice mid season break which all the clubs are in favour. Klopp has been complaining there is too many games and the players are at risk. 

Origi and Shaquri should have started instead of Mane and Salah.
Makes no sense to have Fabiano even in the squad. 

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 9:29am
Agreed,
I'd be raging if I were Origi\Ox or Shaq.

However, 2 years ago Liverpool had a bit of a break and returned from the break a bit sluggish and drew with Leicester and it was that game that you could argue cost Liverpool the title.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:43am
If Klopp had fielded a weakened team, he'd have been criticised for doing so. They players didn't need a break seeing as they'll have over a week before the United game.

Put yourself in the Villa players situation, would you rather have the experience of playing against world class players like Mane & Salah, rather than Divock Origi. Given the likelihood that none of them have a career at the top level, I know what one I'd pick.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:48am
Klopp has always fielded a weakened team in the cups.

I wonder did Klopp want to exert revenge for the previous 2 hammerings Villa gave to Liverpool.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

If Klopp had fielded a weakened team, he'd have been criticised for doing so. They players didn't need a break seeing as they'll have over a week before the United game.

Put yourself in the Villa players situation, would you rather have the experience of playing against world class players like Mane & Salah, rather than Divock Origi. Given the likelihood that none of them have a career at the top level, I know what one I'd pick.

If the players don’t need a break this season then why are they pushing for 5 subs and a mid season break to be introduced for a normal season? 

And why would Liverpool give a f*** regarding the Aston Villa youth players experience. 

I doubt Klopp would get criticised for fielding a weakened team. It would have been seen as good management to take advantage of the situation. 

I’m sure Salah and Mane wanted to play but there was really no need to risk them. 

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:24am

Sure wasn’t he complaining of a fixture overload and then he goes and does that. A bit silly 

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:33am

If the players don’t need a break this season then why are they pushing for 5 subs and a mid season break to be introduced for a normal season? 

And why would Liverpool give a f*** regarding the Aston Villa youth players experience. 

I doubt Klopp would get criticised for fielding a weakened team. It would have been seen as good management to take advantage of the situation. 

I’m sure Salah and Mane wanted to play but there was really no need to risk them. 

I just think he'd have been damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

And he wouldn't care about the Villa players, why should he. But I was saying that from their point of view.

The 5 subs gives the big team every advantage to use the vast quality available to them outside their starting XI. It shouldn't be a surprise that managers are looking to get every possible competitive advantage they can.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Sure wasn’t he complaining of a fixture overload and then he goes and does that. A bit silly 

He loves a moan. The same thing with him complaining about the amount of penos United have been awarded, despite Liverpool only being awarded 1 less than them this season.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:28pm
Leeds getting dumped out of the cup by Crawley.

Didn't see that one coming.

-------------

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Leeds getting dumped out of the cup by Crawley.

Didn't see that one coming.

Seen a decent bit of it. Crawley were comfortable. Leeds 2nd team are not going to blow any team away. They were very poor.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 5:03pm
Marine have signed somebody from a rival club on a 14 day period as he is not cup tied.

He is on the bench (David Lynch) but that’s denying a current team member a place on the bench.
Seems poor form to me.

On the other hand they have sold almost 25k virtual tickets as fans all over didn’t want them to lose out on their big pay day.

Hopefully Bale comes on at some point. 

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:38pm
Brighton score in the 90th Min and then Newport equalise in the 95th min Shocked

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:13am

Jaysus, talk about ignoring the facts. Go look at Liverpool's fixture list for the past 3 months and you'll see it's two games most weeks. That's the point about the 5 subs rule. Liverpool have 9 days off after the Villa game as has been pointed out. 

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Jaysus, talk about ignoring the facts. Go look at Liverpool's fixture list for the past 3 months and you'll see it's two games most weeks. That's the point about the 5 subs rule. Liverpool have 9 days off after the Villa game as has been pointed out. 

Eh that’s my point exactly.
Every team in Europe has been playing nearly 3 games a week and it’s a shortened season. Liverpool will be playing a lot of 3 games a week going forward.

They had a perfect opportunity to give the first 11 and main subs a good rest after the Southampton loss. The players could have had more than a week off with no training to recover.

13 days v 9 days between matches...  which is better for the players to recharge the batteries? 
Jesus, talk about ignoring common sense.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:58am

Every team in Europe has been playing nearly 3 games a week and it’s a shortened season. Liverpool will be playing a lot of 3 games a week going forward.

They had a perfect opportunity to give the first 11 and main subs a good rest after the Southampton loss. The players could have had more than a week off with no training to recover.

13 days v 9 days between matches...  which is better for the players to recharge the batteries? 

A week off with no training??? I'm glad you're not in charge of the sports science department!!

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 11:36am

A week off with no training??? I'm glad you're not in charge of the sports science department!!

Do you think the European teams with a mid-season winter break do normal training every day during their break??? 

They will do light exercises and probably have daily massages etc but they won’t be doing a normal training session before a match.
That’s the whole point of the ‘break’. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 11:51am

Do you think the European teams with a mid-season winter break do normal training every day during their break??? 

They will do light exercises and probably have daily massages etc but they won’t be doing a normal training session before a match.
That’s the whole point of the ‘break’. 

They have individual programs which they need to stick to when they don't have organised training but the European league breaks are different. Take the Bundesliga for example, they normally have around a 6 week winter break. Players do get time away from organised training but when they return they go through a mini pre-season again which is why many of those teams go to the likes of Spain and towards the end play organised friendlies. If you give Liverpool players are week off with no organised training then they won't be in optimal shape when they come back so cannot perform to their max. Most the would get is a day off and back to training. 

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:47am
Man U v Liverpool should be interesting.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/55622538" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/55622538

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 8:13am
Have the TV games been allotted yet?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I don't think so I'd imagine they will be announced by the end of this week.

Hope you are well?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 11:15am

I don't think so I'd imagine they will be announced by the end of this week.

Hope you are well?
Yes pal all good👍

-------------

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 2:39pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

He loves a moan. The same thing with him complaining about the amount of penos United have been awarded, despite Liverpool only being awarded 1 less than them this season.
But ten less in the last season & a half

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:22pm

There you go.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup-4th-round-fixture-dates-on-tv-man-utd-liverpool-arsenal-chelsea-tottenham-b899783.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup-4th-round-fixture-dates-on-tv-man-utd-liverpool-arsenal-chelsea-tottenham-b899783.html

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 10:02am
Thank you sirClap

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 3:22pm

Thank you sirClap

No worries.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 12:46pm
Kepa the Chelsea keeper has got to do better on the Luton goal.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:39pm
Lineker saying just then that Liverpool haven't won at Old Trafford since 2014.
I'm surprised at that.

He also said that Shearer and Wright have got two of the biggest heads in the country.Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 5:22pm
Good move and good finish from Mo Salah to put Pool one up.

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:16pm
Good to see most big teams take this seriously. Vast majority had strong teams out

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:15pm
Class goal from Onyedinma to put Wycombe one up.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:26pm
Poor game between Man U and West Ham going into extra time now.

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 7:48am

Poor game between Man U and West Ham going into extra time now.

I could not watch it to be honest now after seeing Burnley well beaten i had enought of football for one night .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:19am
Man City
Leicester 
SU
Wolves / Chelsea tomorrow
@ 10/1   Good bet IMO

Everton v Spurs is to close to call. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:30am

Man City
Leicester 
SU
@ 10/1   Good bet IMO

I put SU and Wolves to Qualify rather than win, brought it down to 5.5/1 and going with that

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:25pm
Brilliant goal from Bernard 5 4 to Everton now

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:35pm
Seamus did well to start the move after Alderweireld gave possession away under no pressure
Jose will be raging at that I’d imagine 

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:30am
For all those who say the FA Cup isn't what it was (and there's a lot of truth in that, sorry to say), can you imagine what that game would have been like in a packed Goodison?

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Man City
Leicester 
SU
@ 10/1   Good bet IMO

I put SU and Wolves to Qualify rather than win, brought it down to 5.5/1 and going with that

Bet still looking good 

Everton v Spurs was a great game. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:51am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Man City
Leicester 
SU
@ 10/1   Good bet IMO

Bet still looking good 

Everton v Spurs was a great game. 
Leicester had me worried. Got their winner with 94 mns on the clock with 4 mns added time. I thought it was destined for extra time

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 7:27pm
Wolves, a team going nowhere in the league, won’t qualify for Europe and won’t go down, rest most of their best players in a home FA cup tie to Southampton
Never understand that 

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Wolves, a team going nowhere in the league, won’t qualify for Europe and won’t go down, rest most of their best players in a home FA cup tie to Southampton
Never understand that 
And let down myself and ZK's bet Angry

Posted By: Frabhoy
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:25pm

Never understand that 

Very strange. Specially when they gave the Europa League a good crack last year.

Really hope Everton go the whole way and Seamy can lift the cup. Draw tonight, a manchester derby in the quarters and city out of the equation could help their cause. 

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:27pm
What’s the point in having var in some cup games and not others, bit unfair imo.

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Frabhoy Frabhoy wrote:

Never understand that 

Very strange. Specially when they gave the Europa League a good crack last year.

Really hope Everton go the whole way and Seamy can lift the cup. Draw tonight, a manchester derby in the quarters and city out of the equation could help their cause. 
Draw is over, Utd away to Leicester, city away to Everton

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

What’s the point in having var in some cup games and not others, bit unfair imo.
just at PL grounds I think

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 10:53pm

Never understand that 
Delighted they did. They were truly awful! Great debut from Salisu. Armstrong was fantastic again. The Scots have some great talent at their disposal atm with him Tierney, Mc Tominey, Robertson to name a few. Just thinking about it none of Ireland's players would get in their first XI. Great draw for Saints as well away to Bournemouth. Pity there'll be no fans there as it will be a cracking tie!

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 8:43am
Everton v Manchester City 
2 AFC Bournemouth v Southampton 
3 Leicester City v Manchester United
4 Chelsea v Sheffield United

Good draw for the 1/4 finals, some tough games to call.
Chelsea will be happy with that.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 1:46pm

Never understand that 
There appear to be problems behind the scenes at Wolves, and it is the manager's responsibility to sort this.

In which context Nuno will not get sacked for losing an FA Cup match. But if he cannot stop the decline in their PL performances/results, and stop it soon, then his job will be at risk.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Never understand that 
There appear to be problems behind the scenes at Wolves, and it is the manager's responsibility to sort this.

In which context Nuno will not get sacked for losing an FA Cup match. But if he cannot stop the decline in their PL performances/results, and stop it soon, then his job will be at risk.

No behind the scenes problems at all from what I gather.

Nuno went for a complete system revamp for this season and it's totally backfired on him, and the players he had last season he sold so he can't revert the system - To emphasise how badly backfired it's gone for him, they had 1 shot on target vs Chorley.

They went from a press high up the pitch team to a put 10 men in the box and use the pace of Adama etc to counter, it's been a disaster.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Never understand that 

No behind the scenes problems at all from what I gather.

Nuno went for a complete system revamp for this season and it's totally backfired on him, and the players he had last season he sold so he can't revert the system - To emphasise how badly backfired it's gone for him, they had 1 shot on target vs Chorley.

They went from a press high up the pitch team to a put 10 men in the box and use the pace of Adama etc to counter, it's been a disaster.
Fair enough.

But his job still isn't at risk for losing an FA Cup game.

Which is why I suspect he is throwing everythig at his next few League games, where some more defeats could get him the sack.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:05pm
The Jimenez injury and loss of form of Traore this season wouldn't have helped. 
Even the sale of Doherty as well, Semedo not nearly as effective. 

3 of their best players from the last few years

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:11pm
I reckon Nuno’s charity work within Wolverhampton will give him more time, the people love him. 

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I reckon Nuno’s charity work within Wolverhampton will give him more time, the people love him. 

Maybe, but the people don't employ him, this geezer does:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/guo-guangchang-net-worth-wolves-19426474" rel="nofollow - https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/guo-guangchang-net-worth-wolves-19426474

As for how charitable he is?

"Through the auspices of the Fosun Foundation, Guo has donated an aggregate of up to 600 million RMB to charity causes to help fight poverty, improve access to education and provide natural disaster relief"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guo_Guangchang" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guo_Guangchang

Which sounds very impressive, until you realise 600m RMB equates to £67m GBP, while his net worth is estimated at £5bn.

Were I Nuno, I wouldn't be buying any green bananas...

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 6:18pm
Interesting cup draw not straightforward for Man city and Man U Chelsea looking good for the semis.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/56034228" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/56034228

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 5:42pm
Leicester 1  Man U 1.

I can see more goals icoming in this.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 6:00pm
Semi final draw

Leicester/Man U v Southampton.

Chelsea v Man City.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 6:41pm
Really impressed with Fofana, Soyncu and Tielemans here

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 6:43pm
Anybody see a wheel ? If you find one, send to Ole...

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 6:44pm
A pity United won't "progress" eh Baggio Wink

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 6:51pm
Not really for me 

McTominay been brutal since he came on 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 7:27pm
United very poor again. Leicester are an excellent side tho

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 7:31pm
Ndidi does the type of job Ole expects his two defensive midfielders to do every game.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:31pm
Pep has rested a lot of players today. Still a strong team but 3-4 of their best players are on the bench. 

Edit:
Bad day for Man City.
KDB goes off injured.
Jesus and Sterling have been poor. 

Chelsea 1-0 with mins left 

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:27pm
Cool

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:29pm
Chelsea deserved it.

Wanted it more.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:31pm
They did deserve it fully 

It’s got to the stage now where if City bring in their rested/squad players it severely weakens them 
Jesus, Sterling and Torres are no threat at all and are out of form at the minute, Sterling horrendously so

Worrying injury for KDB too 

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:33pm
Mendys an awful footballer 

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:38pm

Chelsea deserved it.

Wanted it more.

Agreed.

The fact Pep only made 2 subs was telling.
Mahrez and Silva should have been brought on at least to have a go. They had plenty of time.

I hope he does the same for the League cup! 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:07pm

They did deserve it fully 

It’s got to the stage now where if City bring in their rested/squad players it severely weakens them 
Jesus, Sterling and Torres are no threat at all and are out of form at the minute, Sterling horrendously so

Worrying injury for KDB too 

That was really noticeable all throughout the game. They haven't a patch on the strongest starting XI at the moment.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:13pm
They also need a world class striker in to the club, even the first choice side looks a bit toothless at times 

You’d get away with bringing in out of form squad players into a side to play Fulham or West Brom in a league game, but not against a good team in a semi final.

De Bruyne injury sounds bad so that’s massive for the CL semi final now 

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:52pm

They also need a world class striker in to the club, even the first choice side looks a bit toothless at times 

You’d get away with bringing in out of form squad players into a side to play Fulham or West Brom in a league game, but not against a good team in a semi final.

Harry Kane 

-------------

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 11:27pm

It was a game made for agureo to be start/brought on.....but that ship seems to have sailed.really was an awful game to watch and Chelsea deserved it purely for the fact that they attacked that bit more purposely than city.

The problem with the players that were brought in was that they lack match sharpness/fitness..again a trait of peps to constantly play the same 13/14 players.but still it was no real excuse for some that players,sterling was shocking,Jesus offered little,Torres poor and cancelo seems to have lost his form also the rodri/ferindino partnership just doesn’t work.

A new striker (or two) has to be brought in next season...I could possibly see a big name move out and it wouldn’t surprise me to see sterling go.I don’t think the KDB injury is as bad as feared and I wouldn’t lose to move sleep if he was out for next games as city have played unbelievable football while he wasn’t in the side earlier in the season.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:23am
What actually happened to De Bruyne? It didn't look like much at first. His ankle? 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 11:39am
Yeah seems to be an ankle ligament injury
Didn’t look much in it but Foden was stripped and ready to go already so I think it must have been giving him bother at half time 
The commentators said that 

Date Posted: 09 May 2021 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

A pity United won't "progress" eh Baggio Wink

Progress they certainly have done this season

Will finish second and win the Europa League, that’ll be the clubs first trophy for four years 

Fewest league defeats so far, unbeaten away from home in a year 

Posted By: wexfordman1
Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 11:11am
Really looking Forward to this one 21,000 fans should be good atmosphere and two good teams, would love a Leicester win

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 6:06pm
Not a classic so far.

No shots on target.

Got to be better second half?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 6:39pm
What a strike.
Hopefully that’s the winner.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 6:40pm

1 0 to Leicester cracking goal from Tielemans.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 6:42pm

What a strike.
Hopefully that’s the winner.

Love to think so but there's a long way to go.

-------------

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:06pm
the VARdy final

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:07pm
Chelsea haven’t looked like scoring really bar that disallowed one there, and the brilliant Schmeichel save 
Rodgers has done a job on them so far 

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:12pm
Delighted for Rodgers Clap

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:13pm
Well done Leicester they just about deserved it.

Fair play to Brendan Rodgers only the second manager from the North to win the FA cup.

Terry Neill being the other one.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:18pm
Boring 1st half but the last 30 mins was class.

Brilliant goal
Unbelievable save from Schmeichel 
VAR denying the goal 

Great to see the fans celebrating. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net