Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57432
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 9:29am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: How are you spending your lockdown time
Posted By: Flanno7hi
Subject: How are you spending your lockdown time
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:15pm
How are you lads staying sane? I've got a young fella under 2 so he takes up most of the day but I've been doing stuff in the garden, started my own homebrew and have been painting some shoes in the evenings.
Anyone take up any new hobbies?

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Replies:
Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:17pm
I don't just paint shoes, I paint socks as well.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That's a good idea, cheaper medium LOL I might give it a try although not sure how it will hold up in the washing machine?

How you keeping? ready for the start of herd culling?

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:21pm
I’ve reached level 8 in boredom - washing the outdoor windows, even cleaning the outdoor steps etc

But painting your shoes,,,,, that’s a new level. Must be a 9.

Can anybody trump that?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:23pm
I've been doing it for years, just have more free time in the evenings now. Well when the Mrs is working nights and the lad is asleep (sometimes).

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

That's a good idea, cheaper medium LOL I might give it a try although not sure how it will hold up in the washing machine?

By painting shoes, do you mean paintings of shoes or painting the shoes themselves?

I'm grand, still have no idea whether I am supposed to be currently in work or getting paid for sitting at home.LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:27pm

By painting shoes, do you mean paintings of shoes or painting the shoes themselves?

I'm grand, still have no idea whether I am supposed to be currently in work or getting paid for sitting at home.LOL
Painting/customising runners. I'm wfh, although I have to drive to clients to witness sample manufacture every so often and after yesterday I'm not sure if I can drive to Newcastle or not.

These are my latest, work in progress. Takes a bit of time and I've to straighten out the lines still and then put a finisher on to seal it. 

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:32pm
That wasn't what I was expecting! Fair play. Do you just buy them plain?

Yeah, the levels of confusion are astounding. No f**ker knows what they are doing at all.

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:32pm
I'm loving it - working from home. No 3-4 commute or pleasantries with some of the people i'm obliged to work with. The weather is good, food and beer in the fridge. Getting time with my kids, catch up on TV programmes and extra sleep. Next step is to reintroduce exercise into the mix. Might be drinking a bit more than i normally would - up maybe 10-15 units per week. All in all, i'm enjoying the dockdown.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:37pm

Yeah, the levels of confusion are astounding. No f**ker knows what they are doing at all.

These were just plain white adidas superstars. I used to just wear my runners until they were wrecked and then try to fix them up a bit. Did these as a fresh pair.

It's so confusing at the minute, I've been trying not to worry about it too much but with the wife working in the hospital it is a bit of a worry.

Did these Ian Brown ones a few years ago.

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I'm loving it - working from home. No 3-4 commute or pleasantries with some of the people i'm obliged to work with. The weather is good, food and beer in the fridge. Getting time with my kids, catch up on TV programmes and extra sleep. Next step is to reintroduce exercise into the mix. Might be drinking a bit more than i normally would - up maybe 10-15 units per week. All in all, i'm enjoying the dockdown.

Sounds great, I'm enjoying seeing my son a lot more, worried how he will be when I go back to work in the office though.

I've started doing couch to 5k with the mrs, I've not done sport in years besides 5 a side and was never a runner (used to be a 20st prop forward) I'm enjoying it at the moment.

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

even cleaning the outdoor steps

That has to be the winner in the boredom stakes?

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:20pm
I work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern so well used to being home. We are now being paid to stay at home 1/2 shifts per block also. Got my hands on so e pallets and knocked together a little bar and seating for the garden I’ll sand and paint them when I next get the enthusiasm to do something. Started back doing a bit of running/walking last week too. Seriously missing the 5aside. Doing fairly well at avoiding the booze. Had a couple of drink filled online parties, but overall, I reckon im drinking a lot less that I would in normal times.

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:31pm
Been playing a lot of Super Nintendo with the extra time off, so far have cleared Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. 
Been reading and exercising a bit more too. Missing playing junior hurling big time
Had been availing of free Irish classes in the college too, so I've continued doing that online as well, although its been knocked on the head the last week with online exams this week.
I was in work all day and in college 3 evenings so its great having the extra time around. 
Its going to be weird going back to working and college all week, from Monday to Thursday I'm out 7 - 9.30ish

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:44pm

Painting/customising runners. I'm wfh, although I have to drive to clients to witness sample manufacture every so often and after yesterday I'm not sure if I can drive to Newcastle or not.

These are my latest, work in progress. Takes a bit of time and I've to straighten out the lines still and then put a finisher on to seal it. 

They look class, mate. Kudos to you. Clap

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:54pm
Shoes are quality Flanno Cool

Have a 2 year old and 8 week old so I'm just flat out with them and also working from home Mon-Fri so no time for any home projects or anything. Busiest 8 weeks of my life.

Exercise wise I have a little home gym set up so using that maybe 2-3 days a week and following a 10km training plan as my running went to sh*te over the past couple of years, so doing maybe 4-5 runs a week too

Defo drinking more than I would normally. Most weeks I'd have a few beers on 3-4 nights. Trying to knock that on the head now though to even once a week

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:02pm
On to 6th season with 1860 Munich in FM

Just finished 6th and won the dFB Pokal in season 5 so looking forward to European Football, just gave up the Swedish National job after reaching semi-final of the Euros in 2024 to take up the Belgium job.

Waiting for the Ireland job to hopefully come up Mick McCarthy still going strong.

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Have a 2 year old and 8 week old so I'm just flat out with them and also working from home Mon-Fri so no time for any home projects or anything. Busiest 8 weeks of my life.

Exercise wise I have a little home gym set up so using that maybe 2-3 days a week and following a 10km training plan as my running went to sh*te over the past couple of years, so doing maybe 4-5 runs a week too

Defo drinking more than I would normally. Most weeks I'd have a few beers on 3-4 nights. Trying to knock that on the head now though to even once a week

Thanks lads.

Congrats on the new arrival. We've started talking about a second one. Can't imagine it at the moment.

I was drinking a couple of beers every night there for a few weeks so we decided to hit it on the head for a while.

I have some stout brewing at the moment so I am gonna stay off the drink until that is ready, 3 weeks left. Hopefully it doesn't turn out sh*te after all the wait.

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern so well used to being home. We are now being paid to stay at home 1/2 shifts per block also. Got my hands on so e pallets and knocked together a little bar and seating for the garden I’ll sand and paint them when I next get the enthusiasm to do something. Started back doing a bit of running/walking last week too. Seriously missing the 5aside. Doing fairly well at avoiding the booze. Had a couple of drink filled online parties, but overall, I reckon im drinking a lot less that I would in normal times.

Throw up a pic of the bar Sham?

Was thinking of doing something similar myself although we were looking at a pre-fabbed one, just screw it together type thing.

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Just finished 6th and won the dFB Pokal in season 5 so looking forward to European Football, just gave up the Swedish National job after reaching semi-final of the Euros in 2024 to take up the Belgium job.

Waiting for the Ireland job to hopefully come up Mick McCarthy still going strong.

FM20? I got the mobile version but it is not the same. used to spend some amount of time on the it every year. Got Ireland to WC semis one time think it was FM14 (WC2018), got destroyed by Messi 4-0, best I ever did with Ireland, got Cameroon to the semis and qualified with Algeria also but have never won the WC I think. 

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:28pm
Shoes are excellent Flanno Clap
Think this is week 7 with no work, and won’t be back for at least another 3. Have an 8month old young lad, really enjoying the time with him but Monday to Friday I try keep busy painting or in the garden usually with the weather being so good. Flowers and plants are the latest thing to keep me occupied, learning as I go. 

Beer wise I drink Friday, Saturday & Sunday. 
Got a dart board, skipping rope and other fitness stuff from Decathlon so work our every second day on the patio.
Generally keeping busy. 

Around week 2/3 I struggled a bit, anxiety and stuff, I’ve never really had it before, I assume it was the massive shake up to life/routine but grand now, fully adjusted to unemployment LOL

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:31pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

FM20? I got the mobile version but it is not the same. used to spend some amount of time on the it every year. Got Ireland to WC semis one time think it was FM14 (WC2018), got destroyed by Messi 4-0, best I ever did with Ireland, got Cameroon to the semis and qualified with Algeria also but have never won the WC I think. 

Aye Fm20, yeah I had the mobile version of  16 , not on the same level.

My most cherished memory of FM is winning World Cup and  European Championship with Ireland in 2018 and 2020 in FM15. Team containing Jack Grealish, Nathan Redmond, Harry Kane and Patrick Bamford to mention but a few, Alex McCarthy of Southampton was also my goalkeeper so really exploited the Granny Rule.

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:32pm

Thanks lads.

Congrats on the new arrival. We've started talking about a second one. Can't imagine it at the moment.

I was drinking a couple of beers every night there for a few weeks so we decided to hit it on the head for a while.

I have some stout brewing at the moment so I am gonna stay off the drink until that is ready, 3 weeks left. Hopefully it doesn't turn out sh*te after all the wait.

LOL

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:33pm
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:36pm

Throw up a pic of the bar Sham?

Was thinking of doing something similar myself although we were looking at a pre-fabbed one, just screw it together type thing.

sent you pics on whats app

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:50pm
I'm glad you decoded my subtle message haha

looks in good shape Sham. you gonna varnish it to make it look classy or go mad colours?

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:31pm
Those shoes are class.

Paint arrived today to do a job on the back yard. To be honest between working 6/7 hours a day then swapping with the wife and minding the kids while she works 6/7 hours a day, that's pretty much 7am to 8pm taken up. Just about enough time for a jog or a bit of TV at the end of the day. 

I thought I'd have a lot more time to kill to be honest. If they opened the creches and my work routine stayed as is, I'd be in a much different setup

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:34pm
great looking job on the shoes, have done a few jobs on my kids runners for the craic. 
Besides making the garden and house look ready for a presidential visit I have built a bug hotel for the kids, 2 bird of houses currently under construction a d possibly build the ungrateful little sh*ts a treehouse

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:43pm

Same here - I thought you were painting shoes and putting them up on display.

They look good - you could set up a little business there selling YBIG shoes. Just don’t tell the mods as they will want their usual 50% cut. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 6:42pm

Same here - I thought you were painting shoes and putting them up on display.

They look good - you could set up a little business there selling YBIG shoes. Just don’t tell the mods as they will want their usual 50% cut. 
Fact! I would definitely be interested in a pair of the above.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 6:58pm
thanks lads if you send the shoes any pay the postage both directions id do them for ya free, I don't think I'm good enough to charge. 

Find it very relaxing. Probably only viable for PM though distance wise. 

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 7:17pm
I might get back to you about that alright.Clap

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 7:25pm
Could I get a pair with a Rangers crest on the side?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Not for free

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You got Tonyjaa’s address?

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:12pm

Thanks lads.

LOL
LOL

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Slow & Blind
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 11:38pm

I'm in a similar situation, trying to work 40 hours a week and the wife too while doing school work with a 6 year old and keeping a 1 year old entertained. Usually log on around 7am and do three hours then the wife does 10am to 2pm, I do 2pm to 4pm, she does 4pm to 7pm and I try catch up on a Saturday and Sunday. Her job is safe at the council but 20% of the accounts I manage are going to the wall. It's massive pressure. I have no spare time but I like to bring the 1 year old for a long walk around 11am while I leave the 6 year in front of the tv. 

Tough, tough going. 

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 1:02am
Primary School teacher so off at the moment. Have prepared online work for the kids but as they know they won't see me again as they are heading into Secondary school the uptake on it has been poor enough! 
Got a dartboard at xmas so playing it a lot more. Still rubbish but improving slowly. Still flatout on CM 01/02. Won the Premier last year with Harps and I have Bristol Rovers near the top of the Premier!
Zoom sessions at the weekend have been good. Usually a quiz with the lads I go to Ireland games with on the Fri and a few Sats we've done one with my Donegal friends. They have turned into mad enough sessions!
Have been doing zoom sessions with my soccer team 2/3 times a week which has been good as it's tough to motivate yourself. Been out doing a sprints a couple of times per week up till 2 weeks ago. My partner asked me to sign up to the race she was doing. All on an app where you're running against a car that sets off 30 minutes after you and slowly picks up speed and you try go as far as you can. before that week the longest I had run was 8km but ended up doing a half marathon, nearly 22km. Would have been happy with 15/16km. One of the bucket list unintendedly!

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:08am
Working from home normal office hours & the missus is the same in another room. Only calls she gets are internal work calls so I'm away from the kids as getting customers calls through. Hardest part of it all is trying to get the kids school work done with them. 8 year old is fine but the junior infants lad's attention span isn't great! After that's done they're grand, play around outside together and only hear from them when they're hungry

Been in the house here about 10 years and the outside looks like we moved in last year so have been spending my evenings the last few weeks out in the garden trying to make it a bit more respectable. Getting there bit by bit and its keeping me busy so enjoying seeing the improvements. Other than that it's been walks with the kids or a bit of tv

Works busy so the days are flying by. Never worked from home up until now, in no rush to go back into the office at all

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:45am
I'm flat out Monday-Friday with work. Call/meeting volume higher than ever.
Then evenings are split between kids homework and cooking. If work hasn't been too bad on a particular day I might have enough time for a walk with family and an hour or two of tv/playstation.
Was doing a bit of drinking in the beginning during week but got pulled up on it eventually. 

On weekends, normally just chill in sun in back garden if nice, go for walks, get the weekly shop in or watch TV and bit of playstation if weather is crap. At night, nearly every weekend there is at least 1 or maybe 2 zoom nights which take up the night. 

Hardly any real exercise being done. 

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Then evenings are split between kids homework and cooking. If work hasn't been too bad on a particular day I might have enough time for a walk with family and an hour or two of tv/playstation.
Was doing a bit of drinking in the beginning during week but got pulled up on it eventually. 

On weekends, normally just chill in sun in back garoden if nice, go for walks, get the weekly shop in or watch TV and bit of playstation if weather is crap. At night, nearly every weekend there is at least 1 or maybe 2 zoom nights which take up the night. 

Sounds like you need a holiday. 
Work have started getting us to take some of ours so I've started taking them on the days my Mrs is working at the hospital so I can look after my son without worrying about work. Still feels like a little break though. 

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

My partner asked me to sign up to the race she was doing. All on an app where you're running against a car that sets off 30 minutes after you and slowly picks up speed and you try go as far as you can. before that week the longest I had run was 8km but ended up doing a half marathon, nearly 22km. Would have been happy with 15/16km. One of the bucket list unintendedly!

This one sounds like it might work to motivate me to run more as I find it boring enough. Can you share the name of it? 

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: Yiksheemash
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:50pm
bluewaffle.com

-------------
In my country we fak, my wife she isa dead

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:28pm

On weekends, normally just chill in sun in back garden if nice, go for walks, get the weekly shop in or watch TV and bit of playstation if weather is crap. At night, nearly every weekend there is at least 1 or maybe 2 zoom nights which take up the night. 

Any late night cream pies whilst sipping down on some light ales?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:36pm
Personally really enjoying the lockdown outside of all the sadness relating to deaths. Life has slowed down and ive definitely had a chance to relax a bit. 

Working from home 2 days a week and 3 at the office (albeit short days). I leave the house much later than normal, no traffic, grab a coffee and dress down friday every day now.

The garden was landscaped last year and the winter took it's toll but have it back to where it was now. Have decluttered the gaff, barbequeing, enjoying the fine weather (poor this week), boozing, netflix. Almost feels like a throwback to when i was in college and then free for the summer but working part time. 

Miss the pub and the proper nights out and all the gigs that were due this summer.

Saving f**k all money mind LOLOuch

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Personally really enjoying the lockdown outside of all the sadness relating to deaths. Life has slowed down and ive definitely had a chance to relax a bit. 

Working from home 2 days a week and 3 at the office (albeit short days). I leave the house much later than normal, no traffic, grab a coffee and dress down friday every day now.

The garden was landscaped last year and the winter took it's toll but have it back to where it was now. Have decluttered the gaff, barbequeing, enjoying the fine weather (poor this week), boozing, netflix. Almost feels like a throwback to when i was in college and then free for the summer but working part time. 

Miss the pub and the proper nights out and all the gigs that were due this summer.

I'm back in the office full time for the last month but this is the biggest thing for me. It's not just for those lovely pints but the interactions. Houseparty/Zoom calls are fun and I'm drinking an awful lot on them but you miss having a laugh with a couple of mates which doesn't happen when it's once person at a time on these calls.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:55pm

I normally spend about £200 a month on petrol with my commute and driving to labs for work but I have been putting that away and we can't go out for dinner so we've saved a few quid. No nursery fees either.

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 3:04pm
I miss the social aspect far more than the pints and I do enjoy a pint. 
Get through a serious heap of cans on zoom/Houseparty chats. 

Enjoying not gambling too, hope to carry it on when it’s back to semi normality 

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I miss the social aspect far more than the pints and I do enjoy a pint. 
Get through a serious heap of cans on zoom/Houseparty chats. 

Enjoying not gambling too, hope to carry it on when it’s back to semi normality 

I'll bet you a tenner that you do gamble again?

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 4:23pm
Starting learning to play the Bodhrán, had one that was never used that I found when moving house a couple of weeks ago. 

Apart from that been kept busy with gardening and getting the new house sorted, had very little furniture until last week when furniture shops started delivering again.

Posted By: dundon13
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 7:26pm
Lockdown hasn't effected me as much. I still have to go to work but cause we're limiting the numbers of staff on the shop floor, we now work as late as 2am. I haven't seen my girlfriend in nearly 7 weeks which is tough, and all I miss really is live music, football and our 7 aside games on a Tuesday night. I missed the trip to the pub at the start but thats faded, mainly thanks to zoom quizzes etc. 

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:22pm
First few weeks was very busy working from home. The work has dried up since then but still haven't been furloughed, just keeping an eye on emails and doing an hour or so a day on my laptop.
In the last few weeks have started another job helping a friend's business 4 days a week, good opportunity for a bit of extra cash 
Other than that have been doing a good bit of running, watching lots of box sets and old football matches, looking after a baby and attempting to do some DIY and jobs round the house I've been meaning to do for ages.

Actually will be a bit of a culture shock when I've to go back to the office

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:52pm
Working from home but I have to say the zoom sh*te doesn't appeal to me at all. One of the lads suggested a Zoom Quiz night and it just feels like it's more effort than it's worth tbh. 

I'd rather spend my lockdown time getting locked, listening to music, playing the PS4, watching films and various comedy series that I like over and over again.

No football trips to plan or look forward to this year so just want it to fly by as soon as possible. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 9:00pm
I struggle with quizzes anyway, and Zoom ones are even tougher! I probably took them too seriously when I was younger, so when I do them now, rarely, I just want them to end so I can enjoy myself! I have tried a couple of Zoom ones, but it's just an excuse to get battered in your sitting room and pretending to be social.
I think moving to London and working in pubs put me off quizzes! Be off on a Monday and walk into a pub for a gallon of ale and suddenly you have to shut up as some **** is asking how many kids, to the nearest whole number, does Boris Johnson have. 
I think it's an example of finding a way to be social that isn't really social. f**k the quiz, get the beers out and have a laugh.
Rant over.LOL

-------------

Posted By: dundon13
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 9:28pm
I was apprehensive about the zoom quizzes at first but they've been good craic. The quiz normally fades away as the drink takes over 😂 We have challenges and stuff, not just questions which makes it even more of a laugh. 

Posted By: eboue16
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 9:49pm
Challenges and stuff? 

Is that you Larry?

Fr Larry is tremendous fun

-------------
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 9:51pm
Do lads not just go on and have a beer and chat!? LOL

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:00pm

You can't do that with more than two. Everyone waiting for their moment to speak. 

I f**king miss the pub!

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:01pm
I’ve played darts over zoom the last two Saturday nights against one of my friends. Good craic.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:25pm

You can't do that with more than two. Everyone waiting for their moment to speak. 

I f**king miss the pub!
We usually have 4 or 5 and it’s been grand to be honest but definitely anymore than that and it’s a little awkward. Drink much quicker & fair bit more but get less drunk strangely 

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I’ve played darts over zoom the last two Saturday nights against one of my friends. Good craic.
That’s a good shout, got a board a few weeks back

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:27pm

We had a game of snooker last week and it was sh*t. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:30pm
The friday the 14th episode LOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:23pm
Working in the office full time - key worker 😎.

Evenings - exercise bike, beers and netflix.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 12:44am

Download Russ Bray app for your phone as well. Great scorekeeper. 

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 6:59am

The friday the 14th episode LOL
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 7:51am

I f**king miss the pub!
We usually have 4 or 5 and it’s been grand to be honest but definitely anymore than that and it’s a little awkward. Drink much quicker & fair bit more but get less drunk strangely 

I don't know if it's possible to get to a fraction of the level of pissed I normally get while drinking bottles at home compared to pints on a day/night out. And I'm getting through a lot at home!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:18am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I f**king miss the pub!

I don't know if it's possible to get to a fraction of the level of pissed I normally get while drinking bottles at home compared to pints on a day/night out. And I'm getting through a lot at home!
If I stick to just cans of hophouse I could have 9 or 10 cans and be up at half7 the next morning with the young lad and relatively fresh. If I’d that many pints I’d wrote off for the day 

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:18am

Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:26am
Busy working from home Monday to Friday and with a small baby there is not much change during the week. Except for eating more and less exercise :(  I use to cycle to work and go to the gym twice a week. 

The weekends are good for DIY. Have sorted out the garden and shed and done lots around the house.
Have sold a few items on eBay too.

Miss the pints tho but have a few zoom calls over the weekend when it’s acceptable to have a few drinks. 
But overall it feels like waiting for something .....

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:41am

Any late night cream pies whilst sipping down on some light ales?

Read my post, only on the weekends LOL

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:41am

Busy working from home Monday to Friday and with a small baby there is not much change during the week. Except for eating more and less exercise :(  I use to cycle to work and go to the gym twice a week. 

The weekends are good for DIY. Have sorted out the garden and shed and done lots around the house.
Have sold a few items on eBay too.

Miss the pints tho but have a few zoom calls over the weekend when it’s acceptable to have a few drinks. 
But overall it feels like waiting for something .....

The London YBIG Xmas do ? Smile

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:42am
Busy with work from approx 9 to 5 or whatever hours I choose - thankful that I have work to keep me busy.

Doing a fair bit of exercise every day, as I have the time and bring the kids up playing football 3/4 times a week, my daughter never kicked a ball before the lock down to happy to see how much has has developed.

Getting used to it all now but at the start it was very difficult, primarily dealing with the 2 kids and trying to get them to do homework etc...

The good weather helps a lot.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:56am

I f**king miss the pub!

If I stick to just cans of hophouse I could have 9 or 10 cans and be up at half7 the next morning with the young lad and relatively fresh. If I’d that many pints I’d wrote off for the day 

Would you drink loads of shots - you can see the equivalent of shots per beers in this calculator. Makes you think again about a bag of cans 
https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/understand-your-drinking/unit-calculator" rel="nofollow - https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/understand-your-drinking/unit-calculator  

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I f**king miss the pub!

Would you drink loads of shots - you can see the equivalent of shots per beers in this calculator. Makes you think again about a bag of cans 
https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/understand-your-drinking/unit-calculator" rel="nofollow - https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/understand-your-drinking/unit-calculator   

Good few burgers as well LOL

Your results

• 22.4units
  • 1952calories
  • 6.6 burgers
  • 195 mins running

-------------

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 12:47pm
Working from home so busy monday to Friday thankfully. Used to get up for a run every morning but found running on the road was starting to hurt my knee and hip. Doing a hiit class on the stationary bike no instead.

Bring the dog for a walk in the evening. Might try interval training in the soccer pitch now as grass is better for my joints. 

Was doing a good bit of boozing the first month but have cut back to weekends now as was getting a bit doughy. Doing all that zoom quiz etc. craic.

Finding things okay but get the odd jolt of reality considering things probably won't ever return to normal until a vaccine is found, if one ever is. I know they say globalisation is supposed to be a positive thing but at the age of 28 I've been through 2/3 global recessions an international pandemic and living in a country were realistically I'd probably struggle to buy a house on my own.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 1:37pm

nakka.com is good for playing randomers online or organising to play your mates.

Date Posted: 16 May 2020 at 9:37pm
all done. Mrs is on nights this week so I'm "working" from home and looking after the little fella. 

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 16 May 2020 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

nakka.com is good for playing randomers online or organising to play your mates.
I’ll check it out. Cheers.

Thumbs Up

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:51pm

Had a few delicious Guinness this afternoon. A pub in Terenure was doing takeaway pints. Jesus they tasted good. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Had a few delicious Guinness this afternoon. A pub in Terenure was doing takeaway pints. Jesus they tasted good. 
tell me more..

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:21pm
It’s pricey enough but worth it for a few nicely poured pint in a proper glass

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160563674861840&id=172593496839&fs=0&focus_composer=0" rel="nofollow - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160563674861840&id=172593496839&fs=0&focus_composer=0

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:54pm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160563674861840&id=172593496839&fs=0&focus_composer=0" rel="nofollow - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160563674861840&id=172593496839&fs=0&focus_composer=0
link smink....just telll me the boozer😁

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

link smink....just telll me the boozer😁

The Two Sisters on Wainsfort road. Known locally as The Tits. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:35am
had 8 pint bottles of Guinness on Sat night. exceptional stuff  Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:43am
ive never had a bottle or a can of guinness. only ever have had it draught.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:01am
The biggest challenge is getting the temp right.

Got 2 pints (In Budweiser glasses!) from the Elpin yesterday. Drove home with 2 pints resting in the passenger seat.

Not worth it.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Got 2 pints (In Budweiser glasses!) from the Elpin yesterday. Drove home with 2 pints resting in the passenger seat.

Not worth it.
LOLimagine passing a check point

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:06am
I was thinking that, as I was driving really fast to get home.

2 pints of stout wrapped around a seating belt

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:16am

you uncultured prick 

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:33am

Not worth it.

LOL

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:37am
The Guinness original is the greatest beer ever made. Flawless and never a bad one. Don't know why anyone would be bothered with widgets when original is best.

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

you uncultured prick 

McG , you need to stay in more often Big smile

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

you uncultured prick 

McG , you need to stay in more often Big smile

Tell me about it Murph LOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:24pm

you uncultured prick 

Up in your ivory tower because you drank a few the other night. 

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

you uncultured prick 

Up in your ivory tower because you drank a few the other night. 
I bet it wasn't ivory in the morning...

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:32pm

Not worth it.

You'd get a police escort home the guards are that bored 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:59pm

Not worth it.

I know someone who was stopped at checkpoint on Friday evening and they had 8 pints of Guinness in the car. Kind of took the attention away from no tax or NCT.

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 1:11pm

Had some Guinness out of this thing over the weekend. Works a charm
https://www.amazon.com/Fizzics-DraftPour-Beer-Dispenser-Nitro-Style/dp/B07G5NQ5B7" rel="nofollow - https://www.amazon.com/Fizzics-DraftPour-Beer-Dispenser-Nitro-Style/dp/B07G5NQ5B7

Date Posted: 18 May 2020 at 1:15pm

Not worth it.

I know someone who was stopped at checkpoint on Friday evening and they had 8 pints of Guinness in the car. Kind of took the attention away from no tax or NCT.
Anywhere in our vacinity doing take away pints?
Had a pizza and bottle of Heinomite outside the Goat on Saturday 😎

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net