Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57421
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Mark Tighe book - Champagne Football
Posted By: nvidic
Subject: Mark Tighe book - Champagne Football
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:02am
Due out Sep 17th, can pre order here https://www.easons.com/5637150827/all/books/sports/soccer-general/champagne-football-tpb/" rel="nofollow - https://www.easons.com/5637150827/all/books/sports/soccer-general/champagne-football-tpb/

Looking forward to this one 

Replies:
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:11am
Nice wan Clap

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Yiksheemash
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:24pm
ordered Thumbs Up

-------------
In my country we fak, my wife she isa dead

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Due out Sep 17th, can pre order here https://www.easons.com/5637150827/all/books/sports/soccer-general/champagne-football-tpb/" rel="nofollow - https://www.easons.com/5637150827/all/books/sports/soccer-general/champagne-football-tpb/

Clap

I assume you won't be ordering the paperback version!?Wink

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:51pm
cant seem to preorder

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

cant seem to preorder

Scroll down to the botton of the page and where you see "chosse payment" .......... Now this may put you off .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 2:32pm

cant seem to preorder

Think there was an issue earlier just ordered there myself now seemed to work

Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 2:38pm
Though as Mark Tighe said as part of his tweet about it, subject to a probable  incoming injunction

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Clap

I assume you won't be ordering the paperback version!?Wink

I'll break my kindle love in for this one! 

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Though as Mark Tighe said as part of his tweet about it, subject to a probable  incoming injunction
Wouldn't put it past JD at all. Stern Smile

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 3:03pm

cant seem to preorder

Think there was an issue earlier just ordered there myself now seemed to work

cheers sorted now

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

cant seem to preorder

Scroll down to the botton of the page and where you see "chosse payment" .......... Now this may put you off .

Fuk off murph

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 3:09pm
When I saw this earlier my first thought was "I'd pay it as a thanks for the work he did last year", but on reflection, I can't wait to hear about this bits he couldn't put in the paper

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 4:38pm
What's the point in ordering something that won't be available for another 4 months? Is there an advantage to doing this?

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

What's the point in ordering something that won't be available for another 4 months? Is there an advantage to doing this?

Not really unless it sells out and you have to wait for a reprint but that's unlikely and you could prob just get it on the Kindle or whatever you use. 

I reordered it out of a sense of gratitude. Hopefully it gets the authors off to a decent start and might garner additional free publicity for them...

"JD exposé in huge demand" - that sort of thing

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Not really unless it sells out and you have to wait for a reprint but that's unlikely and you could prob just get it on the Kindle or whatever you use. 

I reordered it out of a sense of gratitude. Hopefully it gets the authors off to a decent start and might garner additional free publicity for them...

Fair enough.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 5:13pm

I read that as being tongue in cheek?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Something similar as as somebody alluded to in another thread if he had of hung on another couple of months he could blame covid

I think of the end scene in scooby doo with JD being taking away saying to MT and PR I would of got away with it if it hadn’t been for you pesky journalists 

-------------

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 5:29pm

Absolutely none - any guarantee Easons or whoever exists in 4 months and can fulfill your order?€15 I suppose so not the end of the world 

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 9:42pm

Has he ever used his own money to seek an injunction? No.

I’m sure there are a couple of existing long term staff in the FAI a bit uneasy as to what could come out. He didn’t do it all on his own..

Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I read that as being tongue in cheek?

I'd say it was of course but you never know with JD.

But as pipkin says he wasn't signing those legal cheques himself..... Actually he probably was hence the mess

Posted By: tapfit2004
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I’m sure there are a couple of existing long term staff in the FAI a bit uneasy as to what could come out. He didn’t do it all on his own..

I wonder if his bestest friend Denis would pay for the legal proceedings, he seems to like loosing money in court. 

-------------
Let Christy Take It.

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

I wonder if his bestest friend Denis would pay for the legal proceedings, he seems to like loosing money in court. 

Denis ran fair quick when Delaney offered O Neill, who had just flirted with taking a job with Everton and Stoke, a €2m salary.

I’d say he even learned he was throwing good money after bad with Delaney at the wheel.

That being said, I heard a friend in need was a friend indeed for a few months last year while the spotlight was on him. Don’t think his current job is DOB related though

Posted By: tapfit2004
Date Posted: 02 May 2020 at 12:13am

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Denis ran fair quick when Delaney offered O Neill, who had just flirted with taking a job with Everton and Stoke, a €2m salary.

I’d say he even learned he was throwing good money after bad with Delaney at the wheel.

That being said, I heard a friend in need was a friend indeed for a few months last year while the spotlight was on him. Don’t think his current job is DOB related though

This is his best way out of it, surely he has enough friends to give him a dig out like Bertie used to have. 

https://twitter.com/JohnDelaneyEVP/status/1256307297862602752?s=08" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/JohnDelaneyEVP/status/1256307297862602752?s=08

-------------
Let Christy Take It.

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 02 May 2020 at 3:34pm
Had a good chat with Mark over the phone a few weeks back.. He’s unearthed some gems and this will be an excellent read I’m sure. Anyone who has any sort of interest in Irish football should buy this as a thank you to the work he has done the last couple of years and beyond. A man of true integrity, good man Mark 👏🏼

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 02 May 2020 at 4:16pm
As did I, BB. Should be some good ones in there Wink

Big smile

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 02 May 2020 at 4:51pm
Pre-orderd a copy today. Looling forward to reading it.

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 02 May 2020 at 8:34pm
I wonder will the mole in the FAI ever be revealed. I presume it was some disgruntled employee that spoke up against Delaney and then got the bullet, but before they walked out of Abbotstown front door they did a bit of photocopying.
Whoever it was, WELL DONE and THANKS

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I wonder will the mole in the FAI ever be revealed. I presume it was some disgruntled employee that spoke up against Delaney and then got the bullet, but before they walked out of Abbotstown front door they did a bit of photocopying.
Whoever it was, WELL DONE and THANKS
A BIT of photocopying? LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Endac
Date Posted: 08 May 2020 at 11:30pm
HI,
Putting my cards on the table - I have launched a website to take orders for champagne football, site is  www.—————-.—-     The book is €14.99 which will include P&P . Thanks for your support.

Mod edit: website name removed for now. @endac, email contact@ybig.ie please re validity/authenticity of your site and authorisation to sell the book. Thanks.

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 4:55pm
Decided to revisit this and listened to it on audible over the last couple of weeks in the car. Unbelievable. Wonder is there a sequel on the horizon? 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 4:59pm
JD - Bourbon Football 

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 8:06pm
JD - Dutch Gold Football

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 6:47am