Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:44am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Gardening thread
Posted By: Salzburglilly
Subject: Gardening thread
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:14pm
Thought there was a gardening thread ?

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Replies:
Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

There is now.

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:01pm
Just edge the garden /hedge in the front lawn today, delighted with my work Thumbs Up

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:54pm
Just finished painting the decking and rails fecked  now LOL  

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 7:21pm

No that was the John Delaney thread

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Wooden? Dead

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:03pm
Have the shed, decking and f2nxe to do hwre alright 😑

Hopefully the weather keeps up. Might start tomorrow!! 

-------------

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:19pm
Garden covered in moss. What’s best to get rid of it? Not willing to make too much of an effort

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:21pm
Have you tried The Rolling Stones?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Wooden? Dead
Yeah I only put it down year and a half ago, I scaped the whole back my self still bits to be done but I will get around to it nearer summer months if I can, I was sorry I started but got me out of the mad house

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:31pm

Wooden? Dead
Yeah I only put it down year and a half ago, I scaped the whole back my self still bits to be done but I will get around to it nearer summer months if I can, I was sorry I started but got me out of the mad house

75% of my garden was wooden decked when I bought the house. Every f**king year I was replacing frames and decks and staining.

Gave up on it last year and got composite put down. No more maintenance thank f**k.

Wooden decks in Ireland are madness

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Garden covered in moss. What’s best to get rid of it? Not willing to make too much of an effort

Hard when you can't buy anything but if anywhere sold bags of feed, seed and kill it's the best job.

It'll kill the moss and turn it black. Makes it easier to rake it up then. 

-------------

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:59pm

Wait until you see common weeds such as dandelions, buttercup etc start popping their heads up then cover the garden in feed, weed and moss killer. Mid April is when they usually come around.  You can also hire a sacrifier but if you have a big garden it's a pain in the hole and you are left with a hape of moss and nowhere to put it.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:02pm

As a sadly departed friend of mine said one time ‘ it’s green, it grows what more do you want ? 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:03pm
Spent the past few days ripping out ivy from every part of the garden. Got me beds all sorted. Place is gonna look it's best ever. Anyone know their sh*t about plants?

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:09pm

Wooden? Dead

75% of my garden was wooden decked when I bought the house. Every f**king year I was replacing frames and decks and staining.

Gave up on it last year and got composite put down. No more maintenance thank f**k.

Eh ? What wood were you using balsa ? Smile

Done a deck the guts of 17 years ago and apart from replacing a couple of caping pieces it’s in great shape 

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:12pm
Moving this into the whatever section for you active garden loving ****s.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:23pm
Glad I’m not the only one hiding in the garden! 
I’ve bindweed taking over a hedge so that’ll keep me busy for a few days 

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:30pm
f**king hated gardening. Previous owners had planted a jungle and was some clean up every 6 months.

Got a no maintenance garden last year front and back. Delighted with it other than a cat keeps going the toilet on me fake lawn Angry

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:37pm
If my neighbour got a fake astro turf lawn I'd take a sh*te on it every night too

-------------

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

f**king hated gardening. Previous owners had planted a jungle and was some clean up every 6 months.

Got a no maintenance garden last year front and back. Delighted with it other than a cat keeps going the toilet on me fake lawn Angry

Leave a plastic 1.5L bottle of water on its side in the garden, the cat won’t come back in any more.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Leave a plastic 1.5L bottle of water on its side in the garden, the cat won’t come back in any more.
Would that work if ye lived next door to mayo mark LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:11pm

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Would that work if ye lived next door to mayo mark LOL
LOL

-------------

Posted By: Bobilla1
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:51am

couple of lads at work have used mo bacter from the co op and swear by it. Kills the moss, and this in turn feeds the grass. No raking. Have to wait till weather warms up as other poster said. 
Usually sold as 20 kg bag of pellets for 200m2 coverage, but co op online only selling concentrate version, to mix with water in sprayer at the mo.
Arrived yesterday, so will try for myself in couple of weeks

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Wooden? Dead

Done a deck the guts of 17 years ago and apart from replacing a couple of caping pieces it’s in great shape 

This decking was down for 10 years i'd say. You'd be minding your business walking through the garden and your foot would go through a board with the rot LOL 

A foot and a half elevated off the ground - pain in the hole stuff.

You must have fierce better weather north of the boarder NR. Wooden decks and Eire weather don't mix at all for me. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

If my neighbour got a fake astro turf lawn I'd take a sh*te on it every night too

Same LOL

And the weeds and grass will show through the creases eventually anyway Big smile

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Wooden? Dead

The only problem NR is that your decks are at the bottom of the bloody hill and it's a hell of a long hike to get to where you keep your beer in the fridge Shocked

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:11am

This decking was down for 10 years i'd say. You'd be minding your business walking through the garden and your foot would go through a board with the rot LOL 

A foot and a half elevated off the ground - pain in the hole stuff.

You must have fierce better weather north of the boarder NR. Wooden decks and Eire weather don't mix at all for me. 

To be fair the brother put a low deck in years after mine and parts were rotten pretty quick mainly because his wife was soaking the plants and soaking the deck at the same time and it was never dry  and its only about two steps off flat ground so it doesn't it a lot of air movement around it under it .

All my decks have good air movement beneath them because of the slope especially the first one I done  - actually I have a couple of repairs to the subframe but the deck boards themselves are in great shape - coat of decking paint every couple of years and bobs your uncle

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

The only problem NR is that your decks are at the bottom of the bloody hill and it's a hell of a long hike to get to where you keep your beer in the fridge Shocked

True but you either bring a cooler bag down , or you get mrs NR to drop you drop you down a refill Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:34pm
I had a good go at the brambles last night the Hawthorn bush was a bitch but the saw got most of it at the end of the garden .

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 3:37pm

I had a good go at the brambles last night the Hawthorn bush was a bitch but the saw got most of it at the end of the garden .

bad karma Murph

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Wait until you see common weeds such as dandelions, buttercup etc start popping their heads up then cover the garden in feed, weed and moss killer. Mid April is when they usually come around.  You can also hire a sacrifier but if you have a big garden it's a pain in the hole and you are left with a hape of moss and nowhere to put it.
Got couple bags of the seed, feed and kill from Tesco s today and got it down. Says to rake out in 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing the progress. This is life now 

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:46pm
It'll turn black and look like sh*t before that but should be good after you rake it up

Shed cleared and tidied today and started painting the deck but rain was on the way. 

Painting shed, fence and deck to come!

Planted wild flower seeds last June and starting to show up today Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:37am
Been growing a big batch of Ghost peppers,Cayene peppers and Carolina Reapers,(love Indian and spicy food).

Side of the house is a bit muddy ,going to put some grass seed down on Monday as we are heading for a week of 20 degrees here,don't know much about lawns,any tips lads ? (apart from Baldy )

-------------

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:38am
Some good garden furniture in Aldi today!

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:40am

Been growing a big batch of Ghost peppers,Cayene peppers and Carolina Reapers,(love Indian and spicy food).

Side of the house is a bit muddy ,going to put some grass seed down on Monday as we are heading for a week of 20 degrees here,don't know much about lawns,any tips lads ? (apart from Baldy )

Depends on what is on the patch. 

Clear it off of any weeds etc, spike it, get some top soil and spread a decent amount of seed 👍 if it's a very wet patch you could do a top soil/sand mix but make sure it's a fairly coarse sand

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:07am

Lilly
Have you grown peppers before ?

Most of them love the sun and lots of water too , now if you are growing them outside make sure they are well covered as any kind of a frost will kill them all stone dead .

-------------

Posted By: Yiksheemash
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:12am

i've watched all the Harry Potter movies and i've never seen him sh*t in the neighbours garden 

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Some good garden furniture in Aldi today!
I didn’t even know they had a garden.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:19pm

Depends on what is on the patch. 

Clear it off of any weeds etc, spike it, get some top soil and spread a decent amount of seed 👍 if it's a very wet patch you could do a top soil/sand mix but make sure it's a fairly coarse sand

Cheers Marko, there is some grass already there , i have the seed and top soil,no sand unfortunately , hardware shops shut here ,so water once /twice  daily ?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:22pm

Lilly

Most of them love the sun and lots of water too , now if you are growing them outside make sure they are well covered as any kind of a frost will kill them all stone dead .

I tried and failed last year,better prepared this year,i've been growing them inside by the window since lockdown started 17 days ago,got a greenhouse from Lidl so i plan on moving them out there once it  gets warmer at night.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 2:05pm

Lilly

I tried and failed last year,better prepared this year,i've been growing them inside by the window since lockdown started 17 days ago,got a greenhouse from Lidl so i plan on moving them out there once it  gets warmer at night.
Super took me a couple of years before i got the hang of it then i blew out last year as not sure what happened .
The main thing is when they start to flower much later in the year , next is that they will need to be pollenated with our good friends the bees , so leave the door open during the day the bees will do the rest Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 2:35pm
You need to make sure the seed doesn't dry out so water accordingly but don't overdo it, depending on the weather ye are having. Good luck with it, post up results Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 2:36pm
Also if there is any dead grass or moss on the soil, rake it up first before putting down seed, the seed needs to have good contact with the soil! 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 2:42pm
Have a good grasp of the avocado tree growth process now.

Seeing as it's all about gardening, here are some of the stages

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 2:42pm

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 2:43pm

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 2:45pm

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:16pm
What are those above?

Planted some courgette and green bean seeds the other day. I've a feeling the magpies have eaten the seeds, so planted more today.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:30pm
Avocado tree Horse

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:33pm

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:34pm
Well yeah. The pip (seed) then the plant at the forefront of each photo is the same pip/seed a few months on.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:48pm
Impressive. Going to give that a try and I eat a lot of avocados.
Are you just growing them in your kitchen?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:55pm
Yeah in the kitchen. It's a long enough process but it's a bitta craic. Take the seed from the avocado, with the pointy side up, stick 3 toothpicks into it as use them as a bridge to suspend the seed in a glass of water. Make sure the point is above water so it can dry out and crack. Eventually the whole thing will begin to crack and you should see a root begin to protrude after a while. 

Leave it in the water until its about 12 inches in height from the stem. Then plant it in a big pot. 

Ps, try a few seeds at a time as not all of them germinate.

Pps, unless we get unseasonable weather it's unlikely it will bear fruit and i think i read that the tree needs to be 7 years before it does. So i dont think you will be munching on your own avocados Horsey. Makes for a nice plant though LOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:59pm
Ah yeah I know.

I did have a passion fruit plant before we got the house extended, it's a plant that grows a long a wall, similar to ivy or trumpet vine.

The fruits wouldn't develop fully to eat, however, my old man would come along pick a few and eat them.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:58am
McG
 Very impressed you did really well now you know how big these babies grown don't you ?
Not sure if we have the weather for them to be honest , i used to work on an Avocardo plantation in Isreal for a couple of months which was fun .

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:01am

McG
 Very impressed you did really well now you know how big these babies grown don't you ?
Not sure if we have the weather for them to be honest , i used to work on an Avocardo plantation in Isreal for a couple of months which was fun .
You can only get those ones in Waitrose.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:02am

Avocado tree Horse

Ultimate hipster growing an avocado in a craft beer glass 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:05am

McG

Yeah, i read 7 foot? But sure i can prune it back. 

It's a year old now. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Avocado tree Horse

Never thought of that LOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:11am

Avocado tree Horse

This is pedantic in the extreme, even by my standards, but Blue Moon cannot be classified as a craft beer due to the recommendations of the Brewers Association. I believe Coors have actually been sued as a result of this, basically a breach of product advertising.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:46am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Avocado tree Horse

This is pedantic in the extreme, even by my standards, but Blue Moon cannot be classified as a craft beer due to the recommendations of the Brewers Association. I believe Coors have actually been sued as a result of this, basically a breach of product advertising.

f**k off PM  dont out pedant the 2nd biggest pedant on here :) 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 12:22pm

McG

Yeah, i read 7 foot? But sure i can prune it back. 

It's a year old now. 

7 foot , not sure about that as i had to use ladders to get to ones at the top of the trees .
Again all depends on what kind of tree it is but i am sure it will out live the both of us Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 7:09am
So  CM ,i planted all these chilli seeds at the same time, the big one in the black pot which i named  CĂș Chulainn ,seems to be on steroids and has shot up,put him in a seperate pot,it was swaying a bit to one side so i seen online to put in support stakes either side with garden wire for support,now its attatched to one of the stakes,will that hinder the growth or should i leave it ?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 9:53pm
Yohhhhh Lilly 
 The big one looks great  i must say .
Now bottom line i only grow birds eye chilies but you need bigger pots from what you have . 
I will take a pic and send one on but you need to weed them out best replant them as soon as possible . 
 Best to water them and weed them right after .
Also a tip form a mate of mine in Melbourne is to keep the different chilies apart as some seem to mutate into one kind which is the strongest . 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:32am

Yohhhhh Lilly 
 The big one looks great  i must say .
Now bottom line i only grow birds eye chilies but you need bigger pots from what you have . 
I will take a pic and send one on but you need to weed them out best replant them as soon as possible . 
 Best to water them and weed them right after .
Also a tip form a mate of mine in Melbourne is to keep the different chilies apart as some seem to mutate into one kind which is the strongest . 

Have the bigger pots ready,thanks for the tips, that wouldnt be so bad,i read that the worlds hottest pepper was a mutant grown in a greenhouse in Wales!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 2:14pm

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 2:21pm
Sorry Lilly can't manage to post a comment to this above . 
 Anyway these were sown on the 17th Feb i expect chilies around August .
They will grow as high as 1200cm now when they grow that high you need to stop them growing by cutting the tops as you need all to growth to the crop . 
Need to know how yours get on as i may change tack next year . 
 All mine are grown inside .

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 8:23pm
Anyone noticed there seems to be a good few bees around this year? 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 8:24pm
Yeah, a few buzzing around the garden yesterday. They'll thrive this year.

Wasps are out early too.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Bobilla1
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 9:10pm
with a lot more time on our hands, now might be a time to think about putting a bit of colour into your gardens for years to come. The cheapest way and easiest is to take cuttings of plants, put 4 or 5 into a pot, wait a month or so and pot them on. I do it every year with hydrangeas, and are very easy to propagate. From next month on, hydrangeas will start their new growth, green shoots from last years woody stems. Take a cutting just below a couple of leaves, about 6 inches long, remove all the leaves from all the cutting except top two. If top leaves are very big, cut half the leaves off horizontally. Plant into edge of pot and repeat. 
Take plenty of cuttings, because approx 50% will die.
After about a month or two, if they have rooted, pot them on.
Leave over winter and plant out next summer and you might be lucky and it will flower the same summer.
Free gardening and great for the mental health. IMO, the reason gardening is so benficial mentally lads is because you are always thinking ahead to how things will look or taste depending what you are growing. Look to the future, not live in the past. Thumbs Up

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 9:11am

Mild winter helps. 

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Mild winter helps. 

Hornet ****s

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 10:59am
Any decent garden centres delivering? Need some timber posts and fencing but can't find anywhere with good website who deliver. Woodies don't have what I need in stock.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 12:16pm
No roots yet in my avocado seeds, more than a week now I'd say.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 12:24pm
Even Darndale is going hipster.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

No roots yet in my avocado seeds, more than a week now I'd say.

takes weeks horse!

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 5:17pm
Garden absolutely teaming with life today. Literally buzzing! Great to see. Starting to see all the work pay off Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 5:28pm
Lawn seeds went down a week ago Marko,no sign of life yet,been watering 1.2 times a day ,how long until grass should start showing ?

The Chilli plant i posted a while back is now twice the size !

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 5:37pm
Mine has been slow too Lilly but could but another week before you see anything. I'd wait a month before cutting what's there anyway! 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 9:54pm

Lawn seeds went down a week ago Marko,no sign of life yet,been watering 1.2 times a day ,how long until grass should start showing ?

Did you mix your lawn seed with compost? 

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 6:35am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Did you mix your lawn seed with compost? 

no Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:41pm
can somebody recommend a mid range strimmer - electric rather than petrol 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:58pm
2 weeks since i put lawn seed down,watering every day and night and fook all happening,it rained last night and they have shot up like the amazon Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 9:00pm

2 weeks since i put lawn seed down,watering every day and night and fook all happening,it rained last night and they have shot up like the amazon Big smile
Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 9:50pm
Power washing the yard and patio is strangely satisfying

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:03pm

Power washing the yard and patio is strangely satisfying
As is painting the fence. LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:16pm
I think i might treat myself to a power washer alright, great craic! 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 10:23am

Flooded?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 8:59pm
Anyone used hypochlorite? any reviews?

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 4:25pm

Flooded?

Weather is averaging 18 degrees a day here so maybe wasn't watering enough!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 5:02pm
Loads of May flowers /cuckoo flowers around but none growing in my garden. Would like a few. They're everywhere else in the feckin estate! 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:33am
Has anyone ever tried 20 10 10 (farming fertiliser) on their gardens?

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:40am
Are Nordies allowed to buy fertiliser now? I'm not sure that should be encouraged. 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 12:08pm

Are Nordies allowed to buy fertiliser now? I'm not sure that should be encouraged. 
Special exemption if you are a farmer Wink

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:11pm
has anyone had there garden Astro turfed or got any recommendations for someone who does it ? 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

has anyone had there garden Astro turfed or got any recommendations for someone who does it ? 
Had mine done a couple of years ago as I don’t have a green finger nor the interest in it since spending many childhood summers mowing lawns for £2 a go so I could go to LR ..

Anyhow, I used a crowd form D12, Hamptons iirc. Had to get them back as they didn’t secure it/pin it down so first bit or Autumn breeze and it lifted. I opted for a thicker/deeper astro which I kind of regret a little, should have went for a ‘shorter cut’. 

Date Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:24pm
Can you not cut it?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:50pm
Unbelievable growth the last 2 weeks Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Had mine done a couple of years ago as I don’t have a green finger nor the interest in it since spending many childhood summers mowing lawns for £2 a go so I could go to LR ..

Anyhow, I used a crowd form D12, Hamptons iirc. Had to get them back as they didn’t secure it/pin it down so first bit or Autumn breeze and it lifted. I opted for a thicker/deeper astro which I kind of regret a little, should have went for a ‘shorter cut’. 

The shorter cut that’s known as the scientist 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net