Topic: Slovakia Write Off Top Trumps
Posted By: Lostandfound
Subject: Slovakia Write Off Top Trumps
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:25pm
Flights:  €129.69
Transfers:  €20.67
Accommodation:  €122.76

Total:  €273.12

Thankfully the playoff wasn't in Switzerland. 

How much did you lose? 

Replies:
Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

How much did you lose? 

about  € 120 + 31 on a new flight - not the worst and with a bit of luck the airlines may cancel because of scheduling/health issues and I will get most of the 120  back

always go free cancellation with accommodation  its a no brainer

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:15pm
Do remember if you can't cancel your flights, you can claim the tax back if you don't use the flights. 

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Do remember if you can't cancel your flights, you can claim the tax back if you don't use the flights. 

How would you go about that?

I'm waiting to see if mine cancel or change the flights and then I'll get a full refund. If not then going to change them to suit another match

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:19pm

I never knew this - 

Good tip. Clap

-------------

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:20pm
Minus an admin fee. So you might actually get nothing back (from experience with Ryanair)

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:25pm
Have been stung by that Ryanair trick before.  Have been refunded tax and charges from others with no fee payable.  Flights have to be cancelled first, not good enough to just not show up. 

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:25pm

Easyjet plus I might get APD back but as BiM staes the admin cost for Ryanair wipe out the tax.

Will leave it to the last minute in the hope they cancel themselves

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: mouldymould
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:36pm

Have been stung by that Ryanair trick before.  Have been refunded tax and charges from others with no fee payable.  Flights have to be cancelled first, not good enough to just not show up. 

Not possible to cancel flights with Ryanair but you can still apply for tax refund if flights are unused.

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:47pm
€58 on flights.
Free cancellation on hotel

Not too bad

Posted By: ripbomb
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Not possible to cancel flights with Ryanair but you can still apply for tax refund if flights are unused.
How do you prove they weren't used?

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:59pm
had a look at my Ryanair itinary and no taxes listed..

Posted By: Jock
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

How do you prove they weren't used?

If you dont check in or scan your pass through security. 

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

had a look at my Ryanair itinary and no taxes listed..

Nope they never list them anymore.
there's a fee to claim the tax back but you never know how much tax you paid!

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:15pm
Wizzair changed the schedule for the Budapest to Sarajevo flights and like an eejit I logged on and accepted the changed schedule.

If anyone else is on those flights and hasn't accepted the schedule change, don't do it. You should be entitled to a full refund.

I'm out about €220 total:
Dublin to Prague €40
Prague to Bratislava €13
Budapest to Sarajevo return €40
Budapest to Dublin (Sunday) €73
Budapest to Dublin (Wednesday) €52

Accommodation is all free cancellation but I'll hold off on that for a bit yet til we see what the deal is with Bosnia. I might get some of the taxes and charges back but I'm not holding my breath.

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:33pm
I'm out about €172 
Dublin to Bratislava €25
Budapest to Sarajevo return €55
Vienna to Dublin (Saturday) €40
Budapest to Dublin (Wednesday) €52

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 4:02pm
€356 in return flights to Bratislava and return Dublin to Tuzla.

Can cancel Dublin Airport Car Park for free. Refund email received.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 4:10pm
State of emergency declared in Hungary. Still two weeks to go, anyone booked on ryanair flights to Budapest might get a bit of money out of it yet.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

State of emergency declared in Hungary. Still two weeks to go, anyone booked on ryanair flights to Budapest might get a bit of money out of it yet.
Fingers crossed but they only have 13 cases of Coronavirus.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Likewise wizz air fingers crossed 

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Wizzair changed the schedule for the Budapest to Sarajevo flights and like an eejit I logged on and accepted the changed schedule.

If anyone else is on those flights and hasn't accepted the schedule change, don't do it. You should be entitled to a full refund.

What day were you booked for? I’ve booked Budapest to Sarajevo with them on Sunday morning and haven’t heard anything.

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

What day were you booked for? I’ve booked Budapest to Sarajevo with them on Sunday morning and haven’t heard anything.

Same here. Haven't heard anything yet

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Same here. Haven't heard anything yet
Depends when you booked it. Change was made ages ago so your flights could be the ones we were changed to

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:45pm
7 January was the schedule change, so if you booked after that, you won't have got it and you'll likely have booked when it was scheduled for the time it is now scheduled for. Best hope now is that it is cancelled by the Hungarian or Bosnian government.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:51pm

7 January was the schedule change, so if you booked after that, you won't have got it and you'll likely have booked when it was scheduled for the time it is now scheduled for. Best hope now is that it is cancelled by the Hungarian or Bosnian government.

If the Bosnians bring in a 14 day quarantine for anyone coming in then surely it'll have to be cancelled 

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:01pm
Ah fair I only booked last month

Posted By: Greenlad11
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 8:58pm
€124 in flights 
Free accommodation cancelled 

Not too bad 

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:08pm
What Si who surely booked a 5 star pent house beside the stadium with a heli pad and rented helicopter just incase of a mass outbreak of disease or pandemic? 

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

How much did you lose? 

about  € 120 + 31 on a new flight - not the worst and with a bit of luck the airlines may cancel because of scheduling/health issues and I will get most of the 120  back

always go free cancellation with accommodation  its a no brainer

Brat to Stansted just cancelled by Ryanair Thumbs Up just need easyjet to Vienna

-------------

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:07pm
Yeh good news. Hoping the Dub to Vienna flight gets the chop too. Doubt the Stanstead to Dub flight will be cancelled but that was the cheapest part of the lot so not to worried about that one. 

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Yeh good news. Hoping the Dub to Vienna flight gets the chop too. Doubt the Stanstead to Dub flight will be cancelled but that was the cheapest part of the lot so not to worried about that one. 

Dont think Vienna will, it's still open anyway. 

I've an offer to refix for a later date on my vienna flights so going to leave that until the last minute.

Waiting on wizz air Budapest to Sarajevo to hopefully get cancelled 

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:27pm
refund back from Ryanair, happy days

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I've an offer to refix for a later date on my vienna flights so going to leave that until the last minute.

For the Sarajevo to Budapest Wizzair flight - I went in to the email (from 17th Jan) where they informed us of the schedule change. I can't remember if I accepted at the time but last night I went in and chose the "refund" option, it seemed to work and flow through ok, I chose the refund to card option so I'll keep an eye to see if it comes through. They advised it would be within 7 days.

Not sure if the Budapest to Sarajevo flight was also changed but might be an option if it was

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

For the Sarajevo to Budapest Wizzair flight - I went in to the email (from 17th Jan) where they informed us of the schedule change. I can't remember if I accepted at the time but last night I went in and chose the "refund" option, it seemed to work and flow through ok, I chose the refund to card option so I'll keep an eye to see if it comes through. They advised it would be within 7 days.

Not sure if the Budapest to Sarajevo flight was also changed but might be an option if it was

Sounds like you didn't accept the change. I've just checked and it's all still booked so just have to wait and see. It didn't cost much anyway but be nice to get something back

Posted By: Jasonic
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Both legs were changed. I fecking accepted it, so just hoping it'll be cancelled

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:16pm
So just got my money back from a BA  flight( well Mrs Claret did ) so all i have left outstanding is Gatwick to Knock with Air Lingus . 
Just waiting for those wonderful people for AL to get in touch seeing as Knock is locked down Thumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

So just got my money back from a BA  flight( well Mrs Claret did ) so all i have left outstanding is Gatwick to Knock with Air Lingus . 
Just waiting for those wonderful people for AL to get in touch seeing as Knock is locked down Thumbs Up

Which flight? Only offering vouchers to my mate, even though flight is cancelled

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:19pm
Budapest to sarajevo next sunday morning, wizzair, never again, anyone get an email?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Budapest to sarajevo next sunday morning, wizzair, never again, anyone get an email?
Nope, Sunday and Returning Wednesday €30rtn

-------------

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:31pm
Nope to Wizzair either but still a bit of time for cancellation ??

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:31pm
Thanks Kev, hope all well with you and familyClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:34pm
We were flying Budapest to Eindhven, then Dublin, got refunds from Ryanair, wizz the only one not yet

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:44am
Had the whole lot booked for Slovakia, Bosnia and a route home for Belfast if that was the case but should get a decent amount back.
All accommodation was free cancellation.
Looking back at my itineraries it seems all but one of my flights cost €22 a pop strangely enough.

Dublin to Amsterdam €22- *Question about this, read below.
Amsterdam to Vienna €22- Cancelled and refund applied for
Bus from Vienna to Bratislava €1- Wont lose any sleep over it

In the event we played the North...
Budapest to Manchester €27- Cancelled and refund applied for
Manchester to Dublin €22- Cancelled and refund applied for

In the event that we played Bosnia...
Budapest to Sarajevo €22 
Sarajevo to Budapest €22 
Booked these flights fairly late and imagine I got them for this cheap because of the virus and now in the same boat as other hoping they'll be cancelled.

*Hopefully someone can shed some light on what the situation is with my Dublin to Amsterdam flight.
The flight had been pushed back 12 hours and I never accepted the change, this flight was yesterday and obviously never showed up am I due a refund?

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:51am
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Had the whole lot booked for Slovakia, Bosnia and a route home for Belfast if that was the case but should get a decent amount back.
Looking back at my itineraries it seems all but one of my flights cost €22 a pop strangely enough.

Budapest to Sarajevo €22 
Sarajevo to Budapest €22 
Booked these flights fairly late and imagine I got them for this cheap because of the virus and now in the same boat as other hoping they'll be cancelled.

*Hopefully someone can shed some light on what the situation is with my Dublin to Amsterdam flight.
The flight had been pushed back 12 hours and I never accepted the change, this flight was yesterday and obviously never showed up am I due a refund?

I would go down the credit card route if you paid that way.
My flight was cancelled by Austrian Airlines on 5 March (only discovered this last night). I didn't receive any confirmation of the cancellation. They are saying nothing can be done for another 2 months.
I contacted credit card company this morning. They will begin processing my claim and issuing a dispute with the airline on Friday (24 hours after flight) to refund my payment.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:16am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Budapest to Sarajevo €22 
Sarajevo to Budapest €22 

I would go down the credit card route if you paid that way.
My flight was cancelled by Austrian Airlines on 5 March (only discovered this last night). I didn't receive any confirmation of the cancellation. They are saying nothing can be done for another 2 months.
I contacted credit card company this morning. They will begin processing my claim and issuing a dispute with the airline on Friday (24 hours after flight) to refund my payment.
Austrian were actually rebooking people onto Lufthansa I think given they're the same company.

If it's the same as Lufthansa they're giving the cost of the flight to be used again and book by 31st August  to anywhere on the network to end of 2020

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Which flight? Only offering vouchers to my mate, even though flight is cancelled
Dubrovnik to Gatwick .
It seems everyone get the same message "click for refund / voucher " then it takes you straight to voucher . Now Mrs Claret is the IT expert at home looked on net and found a way around it .
 It can be done Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:39pm
Boom , full house as all refunds are in so six flights and two different hostels not lost a penny or a cent which ever way you look at it .

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:31pm
Lufthansa have a nice little online scam going at the moment. 

Clicking 'Refund' is not what it seems, it leads to you cancelling your own flight(s) (which obviously is/are not the flight or flights you originally booked). 

German efficiency at its best. 

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:35pm

Lufthansa have a nice little online scam going at the moment. 

Clicking 'Refund' is not what it seems, it leads to you cancelling your own flight(s) (which obviously is/are not the flight or flights you originally booked). 

German efficiency at its best. 

You dont need to cancel them though. I'd been in touch with them and they said even if you dont use the flight, the value of what you paid plus €50 extra is being put towards your next flight, just contact them by end of august to rebook to anywhere on their network. So its travel credit plus an additional €50.

Not bad seeing as playoff is down for September now 

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 3:35pm

Boom , full house as all refunds are in so six flights and two different hostels not lost a penny or a cent which ever way you look at it .

Did you get your Aer lingus refund? Was that the flight to Vienna?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Did you get your Aer lingus refund? Was that the flight to Vienna?
 No Gatwick to Knock . 
I was due to fly tomorrow anyway AL had never got in touch about the flight so Mrs Claret got on the phone to them today . They said the Gatwick flight is cancelled , now we knew that as Knock has been locked down , " but we can give you 3 options .
 1/ We can get you on the Heathrow to Shannon flight but you will have to pay more for that one .
2/ We can give you vouchers plus 10%
3/ Mrs Claret cut in " i will just take the refund please " they put her on hold for a couple of minutes then said they would pay the full refund .

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:05pm
ah ok

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:15pm
still waiting on 2 Ryanair flights but they emailed me to say there’s a back log

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:51pm
had one ryanair flight where i just couldn't get the application through for the refund via the app or the website, and now cos the date of the flight has passed, the details have disappeared from my profile

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:03am

had one ryanair flight where i just couldn't get the application through for the refund via the app or the website, and now cos the date of the flight has passed, the details have disappeared from my profile

Login via computer and it should appear as cancelled flight.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:04am
Go down to bottom - Past Trips

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:16pm
Merci buckets

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:41pm
anyone still waiting on a refund from Lufthansa? 

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Waiting on a refund from Austrian, Ryanair & Easyjet.

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:38am

Did you manage to find a way to claim from easyjet ?

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

I went through - Manage Bookings/My Bookings and applied for a refund.
It's saying currently "Refund being processed".

Personally, I found going through their websites rather than their apps easier.

My CC Compamy has refunded the Austrian Airlines flights "under dispute".

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 12:43pm

You're a much more intelligent person than me if you've figured out how to navigate your way around the EasyJet site in order to get a cash refund.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 1:29pm

CC
I don't you will be getting any cash for a while
http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/lufthansa-ceo-on-how-coronavirus-has-radically-upended-the-aviation-industry-a-d2e08d00-9981-4063-9086-88cfd99187e0" rel="nofollow - http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/lufthansa-ceo-on-how-coronavirus-has-radically-upended-the-aviation-industry-a-d2e08d00-9981-4063-9086-88cfd99187e0

DER SPIEGEL: This week, you turned off the automatic online refund function for tickets. Does that mean that finances are already getting tight?

Spohr: No. Other airlines did this much sooner than we did. There has never been simultaneous reimbursement to millions of customers before. It has to be coordinated, which is why we have suspended the usual procedures for the time being, especially since we are already working on voucher solutions. Customer credit is safe with us, and it will be returned to them.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

CC
http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/lufthansa-ceo-on-how-coronavirus-has-radically-upended-the-aviation-industry-a-d2e08d00-9981-4063-9086-88cfd99187e0" rel="nofollow - http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/lufthansa-ceo-on-how-coronavirus-has-radically-upended-the-aviation-industry-a-d2e08d00-9981-4063-9086-88cfd99187e0

DER SPIEGEL: This week, you turned off the automatic online refund function for tickets. Does that mean that finances are already getting tight?

Spohr: No. Other airlines did this much sooner than we did. There has never been simultaneous reimbursement to millions of customers before. It has to be coordinated, which is why we have suspended the usual procedures for the time being, especially since we are already working on voucher solutions. Customer credit is safe with us, and it will be returned to them.

I'm happy with what they offered me. Value of my flight plus €50 , can use the existing flights anywhere on the Lufthansa network until now April 2021

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

CC

I'm happy with what they offered me. Value of my flight plus €50 , can use the existing flights anywhere on the Lufthansa network until now April 2021
Yer a bit like the Tomas Cook vouchers , how much are they worth today ?

-------------

Posted By: conor253
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 2:36pm

You're a much more intelligent person than me if you've figured out how to navigate your way around the EasyJet site in order to get a cash refund.
I can't see anywhere to do it at the moment. I think the option used to be there in early March before all the flight cancellations. Its not there any more. I'm still trying to receive a refund for Amsterdam to Vienna.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:58pm

We have ended up getting an email from easy jet for a refund but then when it went through they sent back another email saying we are getting vouchers to the value of the flights, will be contacting them again for cash refund Angry

-------------

Posted By: Cabs88
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 5:19pm
Got my initial refund back for the flight out to Bratislava relatively promptly. Still waiting on the refund for flight home through Laudamotion (Ryanair). Presume there’s a massive backlog 

-------------
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:04pm
https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/coronavirus-response-air-passengers-could-lose-refund-right-under-government-plans-1.4221974?mode=amp" rel="nofollow - https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/coronavirus-response-air-passengers-could-lose-refund-right-under-government-plans-1.4221974?mode=amp

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/coronavirus-response-air-passengers-could-lose-refund-right-under-government-plans-1.4221974?mode=amp" rel="nofollow - https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/coronavirus-response-air-passengers-could-lose-refund-right-under-government-plans-1.4221974?mode=amp
Trains all the way now Kevin, ie Berlin to PoznanThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:47pm

Or was it hamburg to aarhaus?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: Cabs88
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:48pm
To be fair, if there was a decent length of validity on the voucher, I’d take it.

-------------
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 8:30pm

Hamburg to Aarhus Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 8:35pm

Hamburg to Aarhus Dead
Great Journey.......JagerCool

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 9:23am
I just saw that Germanwings has gone and Eurowings will be next .

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:27am
Anyone had a Ryanair refund processed yet ? I know it'll take a good bit longer than usual. Submitted the refund for Budapest- dublin about 3 weeks ago. Just wondering how long its taken others 

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:33am
Think I read somewhere a month at least now on refunds

-------------

Posted By: Yiksheemash
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:39am

Anyone had a Ryanair refund processed yet ? I know it'll take a good bit longer than usual. Submitted the refund for Budapest- dublin about 3 weeks ago. Just wondering how long its taken others 

jaysus will ya calm down. what you pay for it €50? you will get it in a few weeks. Confused

-------------
In my country we fak, my wife she isa dead

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:45am
Hold on to your knickers instant mash he is only asking a question LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

jaysus will ya calm down. what you pay for it €50? you will get it in a few weeks. Confused

€100 and it's only a question. I've had an email from Ryanair about 2 weeks ago to say it'll be longer than usual and thats grand, I'm not in any rush for it. Just seeing how long its taking others to have them processed 

Posted By: cardwizzard
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:51am

Got the first refund inside a week. As others flights we're cancelled I applied for refunds also but no word yet. Pretty sure the few bob is on its way, I'm just putting it down to them being overloaded with requests. 

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:58am
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Got the first refund inside a week. As others flights we're cancelled I applied for refunds also but no word yet. Pretty sure the few bob is on its way, I'm just putting it down to them being overloaded with requests. 

Yeah I'm sure they're swamped. Cheers for that. Ryanair actually seem to be pretty on the ball with refunds compared to other airlines for this.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 11:59am

Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Yeah I'm sure they're swamped. Cheers for that. Ryanair actually seem to be pretty on the ball with refunds compared to other airlines for this.
 Same as cardwizz All the Vienna and Bosina flights cash came real quick with Ryan air then everything stopped a few weeks back . You apply again for the refund and you get the message that they are dealing with it so best to sit and wait .
 As it stands we have got back €350 cash on flights and waiting on more rufunds of around €340 , now all of these are not just football trips so best just to sit and wait .

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 7:10pm
Still waiting on 4 refunds from Ryanair, 2 from Wizz and one from easyjet. Got 2 Ryanair refunds and Flix bus also refunded me. (not all football related either)

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 7:40pm

Still waiting on 4 refunds from Ryanair, 2 from Wizz and one from easyjet. Got 2 Ryanair refunds and Flix bus also refunded me. (not all football related either)

Flix bus ? Don’t think they refunded me tried to cancel but there was a 10 Euro admin fee and the tickets were 10.40 

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 8:21pm

Flix bus ? Don’t think they refunded me tried to cancel but there was a 10 Euro admin fee and the tickets were 10.40 
I had a journey booked with them from Bratislava to Vienna Airport and I was able to cancel it in exchange for credit towards another journey. Just hope they don't go under because of all this even though it was quite cheap ie about €6.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I had a journey booked with them from Bratislava to Vienna Airport and I was able to cancel it in exchange for credit towards another journey. Just hope they don't go under because of all this even though it was quite cheap ie about €6.

The game was behind at that stage didn’t think of a voucher It was the only money I lost on the trip so I won’t worry about it 

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 8:47pm

I think we all know lads who'd still apply for the 40 cent!

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 8:59pm
still waiting for Ryanair refund for Vienna to Dublin flight .

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

still waiting for Ryanair refund for Vienna to Dublin flight .
Did you apply

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:12pm
Ryanair told me 28 days for refund .

Don’t panic lads 

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:31pm
I'm waiting on three Ryanair refunds. Applied for all three and got to page that said an e mail would be sent about application. Only received one e mail for one flight ??
I'd say they all over place and just cant cope but I thought it would be an automatic system ?

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 8:41am
I applied for the refund straight away and got it within 3 days (Dublin direct) got another email from them last night saying unfortunately my flight has been cancelled and here’s a voucher to the value of my flight. So I have now received cash and a voucher .

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 9:14am

Refund on a Bus NR .................

So what happened to the " i dont take buses man " or are you getting yourself mixed up with flix train ?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 9:59am

So what happened to the " i dont take buses man " or are you getting yourself mixed up with flix train ?

The train was a couple of stops and much longer travel time and more expensive 

The bus had a toilet 

The duration was 45 mins but yes as a rule I avoid them like the plague 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 10:07am

The train was a couple of stops and much longer travel time and more expensive 

The bus had a toilet 

The duration was 45 mins but yes as a rule I avoid them like the plague 

Well at least i know in future trips buses are in Thumbs Up

Good bus and cheap from the airport in Helsinki Wink

-------------

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 11:54am
flix bus are a disaster for getting refunds and if your flight is delayed and you miss your allotted bus you have to buy new tickets.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 11:16pm
Had Flix booked from Bratislava to Budapest, only €10 but they refunded me without even asking once they cancelled.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 8:42am

Had Flix booked from Bratislava to Budapest, only €10 but they refunded me without even asking once they cancelled.

don't think Flix cancelled as I seem to recall I got a a 'how was your journey ' follow up email

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

flix bus are a disaster for getting refunds and if your flight is delayed and you miss your allotted bus you have to buy new tickets.
Now i didn't book the bus in the end as planned to turn up and see what happens kind of thing , but sure must be space on these at most times of the day and maybe €10 for a trip who knows .

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net