Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57345
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 2:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Austria Friendlies.
Posted By: kevincronin2000
Subject: Austria Friendlies.
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 12:40pm
Ireland set to play two games in Austria and one game in Thomand Park.
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/stephen-kenny-become-ireland-manager-21504147?utm_source=whatsapp.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar" rel="nofollow - https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/stephen-kenny-become-ireland-manager-21504147?utm_source=whatsapp.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Replies:
Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 1:06pm
These friendlies mean nothing to me

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Tbf I'd imagine Salzburg is more likely venue.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 1:13pm

oh Vienna

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Tbf I'd imagine Salzburg is more likely venue.

Klagenfurt may be another option. 

Australia had their pre WC training camp there 2 years ago and played one or two friendlies IIRC 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 2:30pm
Any updates on allocation / price / ticket collection points / local drinking establishments?

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 10:36pm
If it's two friendlies in Austria, I guess one of them will be against Austria in Vienna, seeing as they have qualified for Euro 2020 and will be looking for a warm-up game.  As for the other match, I guess Czech Repunlic would be the logical choice as they are in the finals too and are only across the border.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:50am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

If it's two friendlies in Austria, I guess one of them will be against Austria in Vienna, seeing as they have qualified for Euro 2020 and will be looking for a warm-up game.  As for the other match, I guess Czech Repunlic would be the logical choice as they are in the finals too and are only across the border.
My money would be on Austria and a team from farther afield that may use Austria as a training camp. 

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:50am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Usually you will find teams that are paired in the draw against UK countries will want to play us as they see us playing a similar style. Italy, Switzerland, Czech Rep or Croatia would fit that category as they are confirmed opponents for Wales and England and Scotland should the Scots somehow qualify.

-------------

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 7:42am
Holland and Ukraine are being mooted as the opposition in the 2 friendlies. 

-------------
Ask MaGee

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

With 3 aways later in the year for the NL, doubt too many will make the trip here, esp if we don’t qualify.

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 8:56am
Direct flights from Shannon now so it would be handy for me. Hopefully it's a Saturday game, this playoff is after screwing my holidays for the year.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 9:01am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

With 3 aways later in the year for the NL, doubt too many will make the trip here, esp if we don’t qualify.

So that’s 5 friendlies this year 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 9:23am

That was names mooted if we hadn't been in the playoffs. 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 9:43am

Hopefully at least 1 of the friendlies is a weekend fixture as my annual leave is well used up already this year with the playoff etc. Same goes for the NL games a few weekend games would be ideal

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 9:51am
Back to Charlie P's Clap

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 9:52am

I think I read somewhere that the Ukraine have since finalised their pre euro2020 schedule. However the Dutch in Thomand Park would be nice.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 9:58am
I'd be surprised if it's someone as big as Holland for the game in Thomond. 

-------------

Posted By: mouldymould
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:33am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I think I read somewhere that the Ukraine have since finalised their pre euro2020 schedule. However the Dutch in Thomand Park would be nice.

They have indeed, they're playing friendlies against Cyprus, the North and Israel at the start of June.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Back to Charlie P's Clap

Great bar,

Whatever happened to the Austrian lad who was on here given advise, wasn't he involved in something dodgy ? Or am I just imagining that?

Posted By: Missy
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:01pm
what makes people think Vienna for the games 

-------------
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:13pm
yeah can't see it being in Vienna, (hopefully). While Salzburg would be nice as someone mentioned here that Klagenfurt would be a front runner.

-------------

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 2:43pm
Could be in Graz. +/- 16000 capacity. Sadly it's no longer the Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadium and is now called the Liebenauer Stadium Thumbs Down

-------------
Ask MaGee

Posted By: ViennaFritz
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 2:44pm
"the Austrian lad who was on here given advise" - If its me whom you mean by this then I can only say I had not nothing to do with the troubles Charlie P´s WAS in during last summer. What is correct is that the former owner of the bar, who also founded it a long long time ago declared bancruptcy over both of his places, Charlie P´s and Brickmakers at the beginning of the summer 2019 and unfortunatly many people were left behind with unpaid bills and unpaid salaries. But the bar was re-opened again soo unde rnew owenership and managment, the former duty manager Ronan Smith, who some of you got to know during your visits, took the place and is now running it very successfully again, its a great place as every before to come for a pint.

And to make sure nobody here thinks I get paid by Charlie P´s let me tell you that there is also another new place in the area: Some former staff members of these two places now also work in a new Irish owned & managed bar called "The Long Hall", not far away from Charlie P´s, a pretty big place as well with numerous rooms, and aside from the susual suspects on tap in an Irish bar they serve Czech KOZEL-beer from gigantic copper tanks inside the bar: https://thelonghall.at" rel="nofollow - https://thelonghall.at

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by ViennaFritz ViennaFritz wrote:

"the Austrian lad who was on here given advise" - If its me whom you mean by this then I can only say I had not nothing to do with the troubles Charlie P´s WAS in during last summer. What is correct is that the former owner of the bar, who also founded it a long long time ago declared bancruptcy over both of his places, Charlie P´s and Brickmakers at the beginning of the summer 2019 and unfortunatly many people were left behind with unpaid bills and unpaid salaries. But the bar was re-opened again soo unde rnew owenership and managment, the former duty manager Ronan Smith, who some of you got to know during your visits, took the place and is now running it very successfully again, its a great place as every before to come for a pint.

And to make sure nobody here thinks I get paid by Charlie P´s let me tell you that there is also another new place in the area: Some former staff members of these two places now also work in a new Irish owned & managed bar called "The Long Hall", not far away from Charlie P´s, a pretty big place as well with numerous rooms, and aside from the susual suspects on tap in an Irish bar they serve Czech KOZEL-beer from gigantic copper tanks inside the bar: https://thelonghall.at" rel="nofollow - https://thelonghall.at
Good man Fritz, another panic averted.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:31pm

It was yourself indeed Fritz, I didn't know the full story and didn't mean to implicit yourself in any wrong doing or anything apologies if it came across that way. 

Found all your advice on here before very useful as I suppose many others did. 

Posted By: ViennaFritz
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:39pm
All good mate, no bother ! :-)

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 7:27pm

All good mate, no bother ! :-)
Good to hear from you again Fritz Thumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 2:30am
Well thats just great news!

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Well thats just great news!

if you have any leave left Cry  given that

minimum 3 potential 6 playoff SF & F

Minimum 3 Bilbao

Possible 9 NL aways

And that's not counting any home games which you might take off

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:10pm
CHarlyps is still going grand,Ronan’s doing a great job ,muppet who had it previously got a bit greedy and made a bollocks of things ,Karl who has been to a few aways with us was a barman there and has Since opened up his own pub -Long Hall,there’s a good chance Salzburg could be a venue , I’ve seen a few pre tournament games here ,Spain v South Korea and Russia v Cameroon ,Klagenfurt has a lovely stadium,built for Euro 2018 but is normally unused apart from the odd cup final or concert ,bit of a sleepy town though ,nice lake there but not much else going on.

-------------

Posted By: Jasonic
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:12pm

CHarlyps is still going grand,Ronan’s doing a great job ,muppet who had it previously got a bit greedy and made a bollocks of things ,Karl who has been to a few aways with us was a barman there and has Since opened up his own pub -Long Hall,there’s a good chance Salzburg could be a venue , I’ve seen a few pre tournament games here ,Spain v South Korea and Russia v Cameroon ,Klagenfurt has a lovely stadium,built for Euro 2018 but is normally unused apart from the odd cup final or concert ,bit of a sleepy town though ,nice lake there but not much else going on.

Outdoor pints in the Augustiner would go down really well in June!

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:23pm
hope its Salzburg go see JP perform his Euro 2020 single live after his  stunning dance in France.
Sure he an shoot  the video Matchday 

-------------
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Augistiner is absolute class Clap, they have a policy which doesn’t allow football fans or stag parties etc ,go in plain clothes be grand.

-------------

Posted By: Jasonic
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 6:51pm

Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Augistiner is absolute class Clap, they have a policy which doesn’t allow football fans or stag parties etc ,go in plain clothes be grand.

Been there quite a few times, have a mug at home even! Have a mate in Salz so try to get over once a year.

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 8:24pm
I better get practising my German.

''Vot ist your name?''

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

''Vot ist your name?''

You’ve been here before TJ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 8:38pm

''Vot ist your name?''

Yes I am fluent in Australian.

Sure I met your missus in Salzburg in 2013 at the airport shopLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:02pm

''Vot ist your name?''

Don't tell him Pike

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:27pm

''Vot ist your name?''

You did 😂

-------------

Posted By: baresi41
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:47pm

''Vot ist your name?''

Jp.  The boys will be back in town if it's Salzburg.. the lake resort up the road for r&r. .. brums and Samto contend with

-------------
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 10:17am
JP
How does your Austrian knock-off version compare with the original ?
http://www.augustiner-braeu.de/home/historie.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.augustiner-braeu.de/home/historie.html

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 11:44am
look forward to it Franko,see ya in Slovakia!

@ BIM - The Munich Aug  is like an aul farm house and isn’t a patch on the Augistiner Here which is actually a Monastery 🍺

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 6:54pm
Austria and Turkey according to papers 

-------------

Posted By: limerick lad
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Austria and Turkey according to papers 

Did they mention anything about venues?

-------------
just hit the fecking thing

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:25am
Latest ive read....

June 1st  -  Game in Austria v TBC

June 4th - Game in Austria v Turkey

June 9th  - Game in Cork  v Luxembourg

I would imagine the  Turks will turn out in huge numbers even though this is only a friendly,they haven't qualified for a while and the buzz is back,serious amount of them in Austria and Germany.

-------------

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:29am

Latest ive read....

I would imagine the  Turks will turn out in huge numbers even though this is only a friendly,they haven't qualified for a while and the buzz is back,serious amount of them in Austria and Germany.
Ukraine was mentioned somewhere else previously. Could be the tbc game.

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:35am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Latest ive read....

I'd imagine the tbc games will be confirmed once the nations league draw is complete

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:39am
Is there anything to be said for playing Oman

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:41am
3 midweek games, lovely...

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:53am

Latest ive read....

All midweek games which will probably mean will have to give them a miss should we qualify for euros as annual leave is stretched. We never seem to rarely get games at the weekend last few years hopefully that will change come the nation's league

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:59am
Yeah a game on June 1st rules me out too

-------------

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:23am
June 1st is a Bank holiday which helps

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Latest ive read....

They were mentioned in relation to friendlies we had provisionally lined up for this month in the event we had qualified automatically  

-------------

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:53am
I'm off for 2 weeks then anyway. If we don't make the Euros I might make the first and last one. I'll be at Primavera in Barcelona when the 2nd game is on

Posted By: Bham_McDermott
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I'm off for 2 weeks then anyway. If we don't make the Euros I might make the first and last one. I'll be at Primavera in Barcelona when the 2nd game is on
Some lineup that, off to see Fontaines DC in town tonight

-------------
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 10:57am
Yup, I'll definitely be checking them out in Barcelona

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Is there anything to be said for playing Oman

We joke about playing against Oman but it could happen.  Given the FAI's finances, the reality is that they probably would welcome a game against opponents who will pay for the privilege.

What are the chances of a friendly in front of a half-empty Aviva against 2022 hosts Qatar?

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 1:37pm
England play Austria in a Friendly on June 2nd in Vienna so I doubt our first game will be there.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 2:52pm
will these only be firmed up after theplayoffs?

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 2:57pm

will these only be firmed you after the playoffs?

Playing then regardless afaik

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Makes sense, hope they confirm dates soon as I can change my Vienna flights for free.

Posted By: davereilly
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:22pm

Makes sense, hope they confirm dates soon as I can change my Vienna flights for free.

The playoff against Slovakia is supposed to be 4th June now, safe to say we won't be playing any of the Austria friendlies in any case.

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

The playoff against Slovakia is supposed to be 4th June now, safe to say we won't be playing any of the Austria friendlies in any case.

Looking forward to Primavera with PaulieBig smile

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:47pm

You are aware there's a virus sweeping the world and you changing your flights is not high on the list of priorities?

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net