Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57322
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 11:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A list of asterisks over Liverpool's league title
Posted By: sid waddell
Subject: A list of asterisks over Liverpool's league title
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:28pm
Nothing will drive Liverpool supporters more insane than non-Liverpool supporters coming up with reasons to not recognise their Premier League title victory as legitimate

Oh, it will totally drive them nuts and make them tear their hair out, and this way, supporters of other teams will actually have the REAL victory and Liverpool supporters will be totally butt hurt, which I think is the term of choice of alt-right INTERNET trolls

So, let's try and list all those reasons that Liverpool's title is illegitimate:

i) VAR - I mean, just look at their name LiVARpool, like totes lolzers - that'll kill them LOL

ii) The poor standard of the league - no good teams in it at all - not one - Manchester City had the real victory today because they deliberately didn't win just so they could say they weren't a good team and make Liverpool supporters tear their hair out - an ingenious plan on City's part Clap

iii) Manipulation of spending figures - I'm sure there has to be a way to make out Liverpool spent more thn Manchester City and have only won the league because they have the most money

iv) Em, something about the Orange Order?

Any other ideas?

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Replies:
Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:43pm
Klopp is a member of the masons

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:44pm
Allegedly 

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 6:50pm
Don't forget that Liverpool haven't had any injuries yet this season. NO INJURIES AT ALL.

This also means that because Liverpool haven't had ANY INJURIES AT ALL, they therefore by default, must ALL BE ON STEROIDS.

#taintedtitle

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 7:06pm
they should have been docked points for spying on city

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 7:06pm
What an odd thread 

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What an odd thread 

Odd poster, to be fair. Has his humorous moments though, also to be fair.  

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 7:52pm
Liverpool playing in all red is an unfair advantage

No wonder Vincent Tan changed Cardiff's colours

He knew

-------------

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Nothing will drive Liverpool supporters more insane than non-Liverpool supporters coming up with reasons to not recognise their Premier League title victory as legitimate

Oh, it will totally drive them nuts and make them tear their hair out, and this way, supporters of other teams will actually have the REAL victory and Liverpool supporters will be totally butt hurt, which I think is the term of choice of alt-right INTERNET trolls

So, let's try and list all those reasons that Liverpool's title is illegitimate:

i) VAR - I mean, just look at their name LiVARpool, like totes lolzers - that'll kill them LOL

ii) The poor standard of the league - no good teams in it at all - not one - Manchester City had the real victory today because they deliberately didn't win just so they could say they weren't a good team and make Liverpool supporters tear their hair out - an ingenious plan on City's part Clap

iii) Manipulation of spending figures - I'm sure there has to be a way to make out Liverpool spent more thn Manchester City and have only won the league because they have the most money

iv) Em, something about the Orange Order?

Any other ideas?

CLUTCH THOSE STRAWS TIGHTLY!!! LOL

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:09pm
***Lifelong Liverpool fan and ex player Conor Coady slips to let Firmino score a late winner and then laughs about it after 

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:30pm
The ridiculous amount of late winners

If matches lasted 80 minutes rather than 90, Liverpool's position wouldn't be nearly as good

-------------

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 3:23pm
Liverpool FC have completely disrespected the FA cup by playing the kids. Klopp has doubled down and given the stink finger to FA by not even showing up for the game last night.
Doesn’t Klopp know that the FA cup is the greatest knockout competition in the history of the world? Unlike Germany’s DFB Pokal where almost every team plays their strongest team, the games are almost all sold out, all the rounds bar one are mid-week and settled on the night, the lower division team gets home advantage and therefore gets the gate receipts on the opening weekend round of games, the cup final is held in the magnificent olympic stadium in Berlin and TV coverage is wall to wall on cup final Saturday.
What would Klopp know about great domestic cup competitions?

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 3:34pm
Manchester City are leading the expected goals league table.

Time to change football so xG is what counts, not actual goals!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 3:55pm
Funny that the main contributors to this thread were the same people crying about City players being on drugs or having asterix's on their title win last season because they'd spent too much money.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 4:12pm

Funny that the main contributors to this thread were the same people crying about City players being on drugs or having asterix's on their title win last season because they'd spent too much money.

You have some Gaul!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You have some Gaul!

Touche

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 5:07pm

You have some Gaul!
Roberto Baggio shouldn't let Laporte hit him on the arse on his way out of this thread.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:50pm
A genuine one now...

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:56pm
*Man City are a bunch of cheats

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:58pm
Biggest PL winning margin: Liverpool 2018-19 (25 points) (*)(**)

*Manchester city won league at the time, but were proven to be cheating bastards

**City previously held the record at 19 points, until they were proven to be cheating slave driving bastards in 2020

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 11:42pm
The season was never finished and they were never actually champions 

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 11:22am
Humanity was extinguished before they could clinch it. It was a price Manchester United supporters were willing to pay, and bettter value than most of their signings over the last seven years.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 2:50pm
I bet that eejit sid waddell is seething he started this thread now!

A global pandemic, Liverpool didn't win the league, lolz! The whole world is laughing at them!

Now, if you don't mind, I have to go to my granny's funeral, along  with the designated other two people allowed to go.

But, christ, it's hilarious!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 2:57pm
The problem there Sid is that people, like yourself, are taking football jibes too seriously. Nobody is laughing because somebody's granny died or anything like it. Football, and football rivalry in particular, is often a puerile distraction and escap from real life. 
That's all any of this is, because the reality isn't great.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 3:27pm

The problem there Sid is that people, like yourself, are taking football jibes too seriously. Nobody is laughing because somebody's granny died or anything like it. Football, and football rivalry in particular, is often a puerile distraction and escap from real life. 
That's not true. I laughed at your granny dying on another thread. And I'd do it again.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 3:39pm

That's not true. I laughed at your granny dying on another thread. And I'd do it again.
And fair play. But assuming people laughing at something that is happening in football,  a popular form of escapism, and what is happening in the wider world is just silly. Football fans will poke fun of other football fans, it is a large part of why we all enjoy it. It doesn't mean those football fans are saying 'I am glad that thousands are dying because it stopped/delayed/ whatever Liverpool winning the league.'
In fact, it's nearly the opposite. With no actual football, nothing to do but hear of death, illness and government failure, people need a silly distraction like the football that isn't happening. 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:03pm
Poor Sid's just looking for something to be offended about

Keep the chin up, YNWA Sid x

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:12pm

And fair play. But assuming people laughing at something that is happening in football,  a popular form of escapism, and what is happening in the wider world is just silly. Football fans will poke fun of other football fans, it is a large part of why we all enjoy it. It doesn't mean those football fans are saying 'I am glad that thousands are dying because it stopped/delayed/ whatever Liverpool winning the league.'
In fact, it's nearly the opposite. With no actual football, nothing to do but hear of death, illness and government failure, people need a silly distraction like the football that isn't happening. 
To be fair, a lot of them do genuinely think it. The same sort of eejits who still claim Liverpool suppporters were to blame for Hillsborough. Bizarrely, a lot of them are the same people who are crying "open it up ta fook" now. 

There are lot of weird people who think a lot of weird things.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:16pm
Of course, but they are a minority. To most people it is just escapism and, as the kids call it, 'bantz'.

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 12:32pm

I bet that eejit sid waddell is seething he started this thread now!

A global pandemic, Liverpool didn't win the league, lolz! The whole world is laughing at them!

Now, if you don't mind, I have to go to my granny's funeral, along  with the designated other two people allowed to go.

But, christ, it's hilarious!

Seeing friends comments on twitter and hearing from Liverpool fans in work they want football back as soon as possible they honestly don't give a f**k if its safe to do so all they want is their league title the entitled c**nts.

Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 12:50pm
LOL

-------------

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:15pm
From my point of view, this is very different to the disgusting chants that relate to Hillsborough/Munich etc. Those tragedies are exceptionally personal and can’t be shared. They are ingrained into the fabric of the club and any misuse is invective designed to hit at the heart of the club. The Covid 19 crisis is shared and internationally impacting. As such, I think it is just a case of football fans behaving childishly and knowing they’ll get a rise out of Liverpool fans, and they are not disappointed.

But look at this in any context. Would Liverpool fans be applauding Man united or Everton to the title, or if the shoe was on the other foot, would they be talking of asterisks? Same if Rangers were about to stop Celtic’s historic title charge. Celtic fans would be doing the mental gymnastics to claim this season didn’t count.

As PM says, it’s football fans being football fans.  

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 11:28am
Klopp admits Liverpool's title win will for ever have an asterisk beside it: 'Give us an asterisk. Yes. Do it.'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-lifts-lid-liverpools-18453689" rel="nofollow - https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-lifts-lid-liverpools-18453689

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 12:43pm
*Greatest champions ever.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:51pm
You’ve got asterisk problems I feel bad for you son
Got 99 points, not a record sum

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net