URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57302
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 1:19am

Topic: sh*te Music Thread
Subject: sh*te Music Thread
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 1:18pm
Throw anything sh*te in here:

Any sort of rap. RnB, Gangsta crap for starters.  The worst music ever invented and I include country in that.

Ellie Goulding.  Rubbish.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 1:33pm
Picture This and all those similar type bands that seem to put on a whiney voice rather than sing proper.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 2:00pm
Country is just the worst 

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 2:25pm

f**k off, Willie Nelson is a ledge

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 4:47pm

f**k off, Willie Nelson is a ledge
There’s some great country out there, unfortunately there is a lot of sh*te.

Jazz can get in the sea, especially posh white boys playing it.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:03pm
you can f**k off too, to any **** sl*gging off jazz,open your lugholes up and listen to the music of the gods.Miles is watchin people!!

Posted By: ripbomb
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:04pm
Irish country is pure puke. Most of it's followers are clown's as well

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:40pm
Garage

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

At least they’re not obsessed by money and will put on a show instead of playing for about 75 minutes and then f**king off

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

At least they’re not obsessed by money and will put on a show instead of playing for about 75 minutes and then f**king off

Oh they do the gigs for free? Everyone is obsessed with money ill think you will find. From what i hear some of these boys dont come cheap for a night.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:54pm

you can f**k off too, to any **** sl*gging off jazz,open your lugholes up and listen to the music of the gods.Miles is watchin people!!
It’s not for me Billy, sorry! Musical masturbation.

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 7:06am
one mans meat  etc.
Daft thread anyway it’s like saying sh*te food, personally modern pop fluff grinds my gears particularly chart stuff but it’s not aimed at me so that’s grand

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 7:10am

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Oh they do the gigs for free? Everyone is obsessed with money ill think you will find. From what i hear some of these boys dont come cheap for a night.

Wrong thread - I believe you are looking for the Thailand one. 

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 12:14pm

There’s some great country out there, unfortunately there is a lot of sh*te.

Agreed. I like a bit of Johnny Cash and Alison Krauss myself.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 5:46pm
Kin ell.   That fookin song ''Don't you know pump it up you've got to pump it up' has to be the biggest head wrecker of a song I have heard in decades. The 1st time you hear it gets irritating after about 15 seconds.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 5:54pm
I can't listen to the radio any more with the amount of absolute drivel on it.

Posted By: RKeane
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 6:52pm
Dermot Kennedy and Lewis Capaldi, utter sh*te

YESSSS! IT'S THERE

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

Dermot Kennedy and Lewis Capaldi, utter sh*te

Down the boozer today and lads in their 30s saying Lewis Capaldis music is smashing Shocked

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 7:37pm

Kin ell.   That fookin song ''Don't you know pump it up you've got to pump it up' has to be the biggest head wrecker of a song I have heard in decades. The 1st time you hear it gets irritating after about 15 seconds.

Song was originally out in 2004. Not sure why was re released by a different artist. Sounds the same imo.  

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 8:43pm

I can't listen to the radio any more with the amount of absolute drivel on it.

This. Pure sh*te being played 24/7.

Posted By: TRV
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 1:01am
lyric fm all i listen to in work,  no adds, no sh*t music and especially in the mornings no forced banter

Posted By: Americanisms
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:26pm
I'll probably get beheaded for this, but 21st Century traditional Irish music

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Americanisms Americanisms wrote:

I heard an album from a band recently, or as much of it as I could take, that was being critically acclaimed, both at home and abroad. I can't for the life of me remember the name, I have possibly repressed it, but I had read positive reviews on numerous sites and  was expecting to be blown away. It was tuneless dirge and about as far removed from music, never mind a particular genre, as possible. So if it is all like that now I would have to agree.

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by Americanisms Americanisms wrote:

I heard an album from a band recently, or as much of it as I could take, that was being critically acclaimed, both at home and abroad. I can't for the life of me remember the name, I have possibly repressed it, but I had read positive reviews on numerous sites and  was expecting to be blown away. It was tuneless dirge and about as far removed from music, never mind a particular genre, as possible. So if it is all like that now I would have to agree.

J Hus - Absolute East London African gibberish. Santana Dave - utter utter rubbish

You get little ginger pricks in leafy middle class n12 talking about their mandem these days.

To add balance Kano is brilliant as is Lloyd Carner. Even AJ Treacy is a bit of fun, few garage beats.

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:56pm
can i also add Coldplay post A Rush of Blood to the head

Music for people who dont like music.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

can i also add Coldplay post A Rush of Blood to the head

Music for people who dont like music.

Terrible album alright, Parachutes was OK but after that the Ego of Chris MArtin just grew and grew

Posted By: Americanisms
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:03am
I thought X and Y was pretty good, but a clear downgrade on the first two albums. I agree that the rest range from meh to awful

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 1:13am
Not big into music so dont know the answer to this but how do the charts work these days?  Like in the past you would always know new entries because they played them on top of the pops and on the radio if they were doing well and you could track their progress up the charts.

How do you know if a new single has been released these days? What are the big songs of this year?  Couldn't even name 1 song that was brought out this year.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 1:49am

Not big into music so dont know the answer to this but how do the charts work these days?  Like in the past you would always know new entries because they played them on top of the pops and on the radio if they were doing well and you could track their progress up the charts.

How do you know if a new single has been released these days? What are the big songs of this year?  Couldn't even name 1 song that was brought out this year.

I haven't a clue. When I was a teenager (80's) it seemed to be a lot easier, in that the top ten was a big thing, so everyone knew what was popular simply on the basis of that. Now it seems that bands/artists can be popular on download/Spotify/YouTube, so it seems to be much harder to keep track. Of course I'm saying that as a now 48 year old, so kids that the various charts are aimed at now, may find it perfectly easy to keep track of who's popular.

Personally, nowadays I get all of my music from recommendations from friends and from Spotify recommending albums based on my playlist (I've found myself getting into Motown over the last couple of months. Aretha Franklin and The Staples Sisters ). I don't listen to radio at all, and I haven't for years. Having said this, a friend of mine has sent me some stuff from BBC Radio 6 which is worth looking into. Radio DJs really annoy me though, even the so called funny ones.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:46am
BBC Radio 6 is great. Tom Robinson and Radcliffe and Maconie are the two I try and listen to regularly on the Sounds app. Shaun Keaveney is decent too. Just people with a real love of music presenting shows of music they like. 

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:56am

BBC Radio 6 is great. Tom Robinson and Radcliffe and Maconie are the two I try and listen to regularly on the Sounds app. Shaun Keaveney is decent too. Just people with a real love of music presenting shows of music they like. 

Yeah, it’s great . Tom Ravenscroft also deserves a mention Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:59am
John creedon on radio 1 and late date on radio one too both decent shows and good to hear good new music  

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 10:04am

Yeah, it’s great . Tom Ravenscroft also deserves a mention Thumbs Up
I have never listened to his show, will give it a go.Thumbs Up

Posted By: Yiksheemash
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:52am

John creedon on radio 1 and late date on radio one too both decent shows and good to hear good new music  

f**k off  with John Creedon LOLLOL awful sh*te LOLLOL

In my country we fak, my wife she isa dead

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Stick to Toploader and The Script, m8

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:02am

Stick to Megadeth, Gamma Ray and Hypocrisy for all your conspiracy theories for you're before bedtime hot chocolate with the other Covid Sister 

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:05am

Stick to Megadeth, Gamma Ray and Hypocrisy for all your conspiracy theories for you're before bedtime hot chocolate with the other Covid Sister 
You OK, hun?

You've gone big on the projection this morning, haven't you?

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:09am

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:17am
I think John is successfully doing his job if he is putting off the likes of this lad who just listens to pearl jam live on repeat with put em under pressure to break it up a little.  

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:43am

I think John is successfully doing his job if he is putting off the likes of this lad who just listens to pearl jam live on repeat with put em under pressure to break it up a little.  

Don't be bringing Pearl Jam into yer squabble!

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:46am

hear hear young Paulie Clap

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:55am

Think you misunderstood me I love Pearl Jam and have seen them a few times but there are other bands and genres available too

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:57am

Think you misunderstood me I love Pearl Jam and have seen them a few times but there are other bands and genres available too

Hmmm, I dunno. That doesn't sound right.

Obviously I'm joking. Music is the gift that keeps on giving. There's always something new (to the listener) to investigate. Sure as I previously said, I'm only now beginning to listen to Motown ffs!

Just on Pearl Jam by the way, I'm really enjoying Gigaton. It's their best album in years. Seven O'Clock is great tune.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:59am

Between them and Dionne Warwick you have enough there to keep you going

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:02pm
Just googled 'biggest songs of 2020'. This list came up.  Never heard 99% of the artists or the songs

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-official-top-40-biggest-songs-of-2020-so-far__29264/" rel="nofollow - https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-official-top-40-biggest-songs-of-2020-so-far__29264/

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:02pm

Megadeth, 

In my opinion, the weakest of "The Big 4"

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:21pm

Just googled 'biggest songs of 2020'. This list came up.  Never heard 99% of the artists or the songs

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-official-top-40-biggest-songs-of-2020-so-far__29264/" rel="nofollow - https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-official-top-40-biggest-songs-of-2020-so-far__29264/

I would imagine the list contains a lot of songs about lads being VIPs in clubs and their new runners.

Posted By: jamo1
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:37pm
Bit of a mix here but Stormzy, Capaldi, Kennedy all s*ite!

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 1:01pm

I would imagine the list contains a lot of songs about lads being VIPs in clubs and their new runners.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 1:34pm

Megadeth, 

3 fantasuic albums, one of the best metal albums of all time in Rust in Peace, but have released a serious amount of rubbish also

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 1:35pm
Speaking of sh*te music what happened to the quality of our songs for major finals after 1990?
We had a quality 1988 wan and about 4 or 5 quality songs for 1990 alone.  1994 'Watch your House for Ireland' was an abominationThumbs Down

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 1:41pm

Between them and Dionne Warwick you have enough there to keep you going

Just liked on Spotify LOL

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 1:42pm

Megadeth, 

3 fantasuic albums, one of the best metal albums of all time in Rust in Peace, but have released a serious amount of rubbish also

I actually like them a lot. You're right that Rust in Peace is an all time classic. Whatever it was, I struggled to get energised by their live performance, in a way that I wasn't with the others.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 1:43pm

you must have had those soundproof masks on your ears for most of 2020 also LOL

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 2:03pm

Speaking of sh*te music what happened to the quality of our songs for major finals after 1990?
We had a quality 1988 wan and about 4 or 5 quality songs for 1990 alone.  1994 'Watch your House for Ireland' was an abominationThumbs Down

They basically threw all the ingredients of Put 'em under pressure into the mix for watch your house but left out the magic.

The 02 World Cup song was good but that was purely because it was a remake of a song by one of Ireland's greatest ever bands. Was never one of their best songs but still decent. 

Original:

Remake:

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 2:52pm
D69
" by one of Ireland's greatest ever bands."

Absolutely. Really enjoyed their reunion shop last December at Vicar street

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

D69
" by one of Ireland's greatest ever bands."

Absolutely. Really enjoyed their reunion shop last December at Vicar street

Didn't get tickets, was sorry to miss it. Was going to go to the concert hall show but it clashed with something. Still have a load of their vinyl from the mid 80s to mid 90s at home. 

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 3:48pm

The 02 World Cup song was good but that was purely because it was a remake of a song by one of Ireland's greatest ever bands. Was never one of their best songs but still decent. 

Football songs have to be original to hit the spot, remakes don't cut it

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:04pm

My girlfriends cousins daughter who is 9 had been singing WAP WAP WAP not knowing what it means.
Not to sound like a Helen Lovejoy but the lyrics are filth.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:05pm

My girlfriends cousins daughter who is 9 had been singing WAP WAP WAP not knowing what it means.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:34pm
Cardi B is what I wear when Cardi A is in the wash.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:41pm
WAP was before 3G I thought

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:54pm

WAP was before 3G I thought

Yeah had a WAP Phone.  Year 2000 baby.

Eircell Ready to Go. ''I'm back and ready to go...''

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:59pm

Cardi B.  Never heard of her.  Googled her.  Used to be a nun apparently.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 1:17pm
I hadn't either, but what I got for previous employment was stripper and, to be honest, that seems more believable. LOL