Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57286
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 5:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Center Parcs
Posted By: Stickittotheman
Subject: Center Parcs
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:25pm
Thinking of going to Center Parcs in Longford next summer for a week. Looking at the prices it seems pretty expensive although there would be six of us (and a 2 year old) so the cost can be spread. Basically due to peoples work schedules we can only go on holiday in July and the missus is adamant she isn't taking a 2 year old to Spain in the middle of July (she thinks it would be far too hot). So anyone been to center parcs and is it a decent compromise with a family who want to go on holiday with us and a wife who won't go to Spain?

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:54pm
Always laugh at that “it’s too hot in Spain for kids”LOL
I’ve had babies and young children of all ages in Spain,Greece etc in July. If anything they adapt better then adults to the conditions. 
All buggy’s have built in in protector yokes   
Be cheaper than Centre Parcs aswel,robbing coonts 

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I’ve had babies and young children of all ages in Spain,Greece Dundalk, Carlingford etc in July. If anything they adapt better then adults to the conditions. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:15pm

I’ve had babies and young children of all ages in Spain,Greece etc in July. If anything they adapt better then adults to the conditions. 

Might want to edit that...

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

FFS LOL

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:24pm

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:29pm

LOL

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:41pm
Just had a look at the prices for Center Parcs - extremely expensive especially in summer months. €100 for a couple of hours laser combat for a family of 4..
Saying that the cost of flights to any of the sun hotspots for next July is through the roof at the moment. Wonder what impact the demise of Thomas Cook has had on prices ?  

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 2:09pm

Just had a look at the prices for Center Parcs - extremely expensive especially in summer months. €100 for a couple of hours laser combat for a family of 4..
Saying that the cost of flights to any of the sun hotspots for next July is through the roof at the moment. Wonder what impact the demise of Thomas Cook has had on prices ?  

We did price all parts of Spain out of interest but the prices were astronomical. Talking including spending money at least £2500 for a week. To be fair Center Parcs works out at £900 or so including spending money if you don't do many activities. That is sterling too which probably helps. But yeah interesting that Thomas Cook demise has probably led to others trying to cash in with the lack of competition.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 2:11pm
The add ons for Center Parcs are the most ridiculous part of it. They charge a fortune for you to get there, then more when you are there if you so much as fart. I know you can self cater and there is some free stuff, but you'd have to budget for at least another activity every day, if not two, for the whole time you are there.

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Thinking of going to Center Parcs in Longford next summer for a week. Looking at the prices it seems pretty expensive although there would be six of us (and a 2 year old) so the cost can be spread. Basically due to peoples work schedules we can only go on holiday in July and the missus is adamant she isn't taking a 2 year old to Spain in the middle of July (she thinks it would be far too hot). So anyone been to center parcs and is it a decent compromise with a family who want to go on holiday with us and a wife who won't go to Spain?
Tell your missus she is correct, nobody brings babies/toddlers on holidays due to the heat. Hotels and complexes across Europes sunshine resorts have in fact filled in their kids paddling pools, closed their kiddie clubs down, thrown out every high chair on the premises whilst the local shops no longer sell armbands for the little mites.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 2:31pm
Went to CentreParcs Longford in September, highly recommend it. Accommodation is top notch, lovely modern houses. 

I've 2 young lads, who were only interested in Playgrounds and Swimming Pool, both free so didn't spend much there really. The pricelist for the activities are online, you can judge for yourself what you'll spend. Yes, if you're doing 2/3 activities a day, going go carting in the morning and archery in the afternoon, you'll rack up a bill. If ye just decide in advance what you're doing and you'll know what you're billed. 

There's full kitchens in all the accommodations, so you can load up in Tesco and cook what ya want if you like. The restaurants were regular enough prices, €15 for a main course, €5 a pint. All the restaurants had play areas tho, so it was perfect for us. What would normally be a quick meal trying to avoid the kids getting bored, ended up with us eating/drinking for 90mns while the kids ran riot in the play area.

If you want to go to Spain, go to Spain, this is really competing with people doing Staycations. They beat the sh*t out of Kellys Rosslare

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 2:35pm
And sorry, on the price, the 2 bed house we got in September for €550 would be €1100 in July/August (obviously, holiday time). The larger 4 bed houses are about €1400 in July/August, so we said if we were going back in July/August we'd bring another family and split the cost

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Tell your missus she is correct, nobody brings babies/toddlers on holidays due to the heat. Hotels and complexes across Europes sunshine resorts have in fact filled in their kids paddling pools, closed their kiddie clubs down, thrown out every high chair on the premises whilst the local shops no longer sell armbands for the little mites.

I will be sure to pass this on to her LOL don't get me started though Sham because lord knows its already caused me some real heartache. I think she is far too protective but I suppose it is our first. Maybe by the third she will not give a sh*t anymore. Maybe.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Went to CentreParcs Longford in September, highly recommend it. Accommodation is top notch, lovely modern houses. 

I've 2 young lads, who were only interested in Playgrounds and Swimming Pool, both free so didn't spend much there really. The pricelist for the activities are online, you can judge for yourself what you'll spend. Yes, if you're doing 2/3 activities a day, going go carting in the morning and archery in the afternoon, you'll rack up a bill. If ye just decide in advance what you're doing and you'll know what you're billed. 

There's full kitchens in all the accommodations, so you can load up in Tesco and cook what ya want if you like. The restaurants were regular enough prices, €15 for a main course, €5 a pint. All the restaurants had play areas tho, so it was perfect for us. What would normally be a quick meal trying to avoid the kids getting bored, ended up with us eating/drinking for 90mns while the kids ran riot in the play area.

If you want to go to Spain, go to Spain, this is really competing with people doing Staycations. They beat the sh*t out of Kellys Rosslare

Thanks that's really helpful. Good to know that. I suppose it all depends on the weather. There would be 6 of us to split the cost and I suppose with the sterling rate maybe getting stronger depending on the election result it would knock another few quid off. The swimming area looked pretty good on videos I have seen.

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:34pm
You'd drop some amount of money here a day.

https://www.centerparcs.ie/content/dam/centerparcs/activity-pricing/wwl/WWL-IR.pdf" rel="nofollow - https://www.centerparcs.ie/content/dam/centerparcs/activity-pricing/wwl/WWL-IR.pdf

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.centerparcs.ie/content/dam/centerparcs/activity-pricing/wwl/WWL-IR.pdf" rel="nofollow - https://www.centerparcs.ie/content/dam/centerparcs/activity-pricing/wwl/WWL-IR.pdf

Wizard Academy is only 33 quid! And you have dopes out there spending a fortune on stupid stuff like a law degree or whatever.

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:40pm
Steer clear of center parks a robbing kip, you would be better off looking at something like trabolgan if that is the course you are going to take

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:43pm

LOL

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 4:02pm
Cabra LOLLOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Steer clear of center parks a robbing kip, you would be better off looking at something like trabolgan if that is the course you are going to take
Have ya been there recently? It's gone awful bad, Paveee Point on tour most of the year nowadays

The swimming area looked pretty good on videos I have seen.
The pool is deadly. I went back one day myself without the kids to go on all the big slides. The big cone shaped one is class

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If you're expecting to be doing activities from 9-5 each day, yes you will. If you just pick out what you want to do and do toe 2/3 activities you want to do then you'll be grand

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 5:55pm
I'd go only I don't think I could get used to the climate

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:56pm

LOL
LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:20pm
You're right about not taking 2 year olds to Spain. As for the resort never been so can't help you. 

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

You're right about not taking 2 year olds to Spain. As for the resort never been so can't help you. 
Why is that then?

-------------

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

We brought our 2 to Spain/Portugal from about 4 months old, no problem.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 11:28pm
Ryanair would love to have taken over if only they had planes they could use.

The delays in their MAXs meant they simply weren't in a position to challenge for that market.

Plus Ryanair don't tend to do package deals the same way Jet2 or even easyJet do, nor have they ever had the same market share from provincial UK airports to Spanish sun destinations. That market has always been more widely covered by the package operators and it's not really their market.

Jet2 have no MAXs on order, easyJet fly Airbus and package deals have always been TUI's game. The collapse of Thomas Cook was always going to benefit those already in the package market, rather than Ryanair. Ryanair are a "fly everywhere" airline, not a "fly to the sunshine" airline. Just like I wouldn't expect Jet2 to start flying East Midlands to Cologne, I wouldn't expect Ryanair to start running a greater percentage of their flights to sun destinations and filling the majority of their seats with package holiday passengers.

-------------

Posted By: Slow & Blind
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:43am

I've been going to Centre Parcs every August for the last few years. It's a great break away, the facilities are top quality and the swimming pool is brilliant. I haven't been to the one in longford yet but the sites in England are identical.
It's not cheap but you'd get a great 5 day family holiday for under a grand, even at peak times of the year. 

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

I've been going to Centre Parcs every August for the last few years. It's a great break away, the facilities are top quality and the swimming pool is brilliant. I haven't been to the one in longford yet but the sites in England are identical.
It's not cheap but you'd get a great 5 day family holiday for under a grand, even at peak times of the year. 

5 days under a grand seems reasonable enough - take it thats the basic cost without add ons for activities and travel to the UK.

By comparison, my most recent sun holiday was in 2017 to a decent aparthotel in Fuerteventura which worked out at €40 per night per person all-inclusive. Their are pros and cons with the all-inclusive model but for that price it was great value....throw in the cost of the flights it was around €760 a head for 2 weeks all-inclusive.

-------------

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 12:00pm
Never been to one but the UK cps get good reviews.

Thanks to global warming the summers are pretty good so a lot cheaper than going to mainland Europe.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 1:36pm

5 days under a grand seems reasonable enough - take it thats the basic cost without add ons for activities and travel to the UK.

By comparison, my most recent sun holiday was in 2017 to a decent aparthotel in Fuerteventura which worked out at €40 per night per person all-inclusive. Their are pros and cons with the all-inclusive model but for that price it was great value....throw in the cost of the flights it was around €760 a head for 2 weeks all-inclusive.
So for a family of 4 you're over 3k abroad V 1k in Longford. It's not insignificant. We're looking at the foreign model this year, 10 nights is working out about 2.5k

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

So for a family of 4 you're over 3k abroad V 1k in Longford. It's not insignificant. We're looking at the foreign model this year, 10 nights is working out about 2.5k

The holiday abroad is for 14 nights compared against how many in Longford ? And with the all inclusive model, all food and drinks are included. TBH, I have been trying for years to find an affordable holiday at home (and i dont mind spending money if its decent) but to be honest Ireland is very expensive with most family holidays in irish hotels being for less than a week. Imaging the cost of eating out for a family in Ireland for 14 days and nights - easily €1,200-€1,500 unless you want eat chipper/Mickey D's on your holiers...and i havent mentioned the price of having a few jars for yourself and the missus.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net