Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57231
Printed Date: 04 May 2024 at 8:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What would you do with VAR
Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Subject: What would you do with VAR
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 9:09pm
Would you go back to how football used to be?

Replies:
Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 9:11pm
Keep it but get the ref access to the telly himself like in MLS as well as having someone else looking at it.  Also he should be miked up to the stadium PA so he can explain his decision like NFL.

I think its good and entertaining but its being given a bad reputation by the idiots making the decisions.  Its all human error.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 10:13pm
Keep it but -

It would be good to hear the conversations/ decision by the TMOs
Only very obvious errors - a big toe offside is fine 
One replay in real time should clear most issues - if you have to watch it 3+ times then it’s not obvious 
Needs to be quicker

But in general the rules of football / VAR need to be made very clear and take away the grey area as much as possible.
Defenders running with their arms behind their backs is unnatural.

-------------

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 10:24pm
Bin it until there's a time when almost all referees are of a competent standard. Otherwise the system, no matter how good it could be is useless. If you have one cabbage making decisions on the pitch, and another cabbage making decisions in a VAR box, what is the actual point of the technology?

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Bin it until there's a time when almost all referees are of a competent standard. Otherwise the system, no matter how good it could be is useless. If you have one cabbage making decisions on the pitch, and another cabbage making decisions in a VAR box, what is the actual point of the technology?
To make coleslaw?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Go back to what exactly?

The maximum wage?
Black and White tv?
42 games per season?
Games on Christmas Day?
2 games in 24 hours?
2 games at Easter?
Teams numbered 1-11 only?
11 "home nations" players per team?
1 substitute allowed per game?
1 live game per month on ITV? At 3.30pm on a Sunday?
1 live game per week on Sports Stadium at 3pm on a Saturday? After every other sport has been covered after the show starts at 12 30pm?
The back pass to the keeper allowed?
Getting pised on/frost bite standing on the uncovered, pis-stench, fenced up terraces, drinking Bovril instead of Red Bull? How football  "used to be". 

Back to reality. No is the short answer. The long answer is, asking us to go back to pre-VAR football, is like asking us to go back to any of the above. VAR never promised flawless refereeing, it told us that more of the big decisions would be correct. Approx 30 decisions have been made by VAR so far in the EPL, 30 more correct decisions that we couldn't have in years gone by. Platini is out, Technology is in, its here to stay and it's not going away. 

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 11:29pm
30?
There're been about 30 wrong ones this weekend alone ffs, no matter what your blathering on about black and white TVs for there 

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 9:14am
Cracking rant from Planners LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 9:24am
I’d like to see it more similar to rugby where the ref and the VAR/TMO have the mic and it’s being shown on the big screen.
When you see and hear the two converse about what they are seeing with the incident then I think you are a lot more willing to accept their point of view. Let’s be honest, we are greatly influenced by what we are told. For example, I didn’t think there was much in that Mane incident initially and thought it would be overruled, but then the commentators were so adamant it was a penalty that I just accepted it that i was wrong initially 

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 9:27am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I’d like to see it more similar to rugby where the ref and the VAR/TMO have the mic and it’s being shown on the big screen.
When you see and hear the two converse about what they are seeing with the incident then I think you are a lot more willing to accept their point of view. Let’s be honest, we are greatly influenced by what we are told. For example, I didn’t think there was much in that Mane incident initially and thought it would be overruled, but then the commentators were so adamant it was a penalty that I just accepted it that i was wrong initially 

Give me all your money.  It's the right thing to do.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 9:48am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Go back to what exactly?

The maximum wage?
Games on Christmas Day?
2 games at Easter?
Teams numbered 1-11 only?
1 live game per month on ITV? At 3.30pm on a Sunday?
1 live game per week on Sports Stadium at 3pm on a Saturday? 

I would like all these to come back!!

Games on Xmas day would be great. 

-------------

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:18am

Exactly. It's one thing the rugby have spot on. VAR is also working far better in other leagues. The Premier League have just, made an unholy balls of it. And link the strands up rather than having the absolute farce of the dubious goals commitee overruling after the, fact like with the Silva goal, that added another level of incompetence to it. 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Sorry, I’m still waiting on the wallet inspector to return my cash and cards

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:21am

Sorry, I’m still waiting on the wallet inspector to return my cash and cards

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Cracking rant from Planners LOL
First time I agree with him and he is taking the piss!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 12:08pm
keep it as is but I would force the refs to go over to the TV monitor and have stuff shown on the big screens. 

I'm fine with offside as it is, there has to be a cut off point, any leeway is bollocks

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 12:24pm
 I don't understand why people think that having the ref look at a pitch side monitor would do much to help the situation in the PL. If both the referee and the VAR are of an appalling standard, which they generally are, most decisions they made are just guesswork. Tv monitor pitch side or not.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 12:27pm
Works well in MLS from what I have seen of it.  Plus the referee is of a higher standard that the goons in the monitor room.  He couldn't be any worse anyway!!

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 12:50pm

Works well in MLS from what I have seen of it.  Plus the referee is of a higher standard that the goons in the monitor room.  He couldn't be any worse anyway!!

Is it not actual Premier League referee's who are in the monitor rooms?

Posted By: jamie2905
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 1:15pm

I don't understand why people think that having the ref look at a pitch side monitor would do much to help the situation in the PL. If both the referee and the VAR are of an appalling standard, which they generally are, most decisions they made are just guesswork. Tv monitor pitch side or not.

No, the issue is that they are not at the same appalling standard. The VAR in ARSvCRY is an Aussie who has referee'd a grand total of 12 league games. 
He shouldn't be choosing whether a team like Arsenal get 3 points or 1, especially considering CL football is on the line (Arsenal have missed out on CL football by 1 point in 2 of the last 3 seasons).

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

No, the issue is that they are not at the same appalling standard. The VAR in ARSvCRY is an Aussie who has referee'd a grand total of 12 league games. 
He shouldn't be choosing whether a team like Arsenal get 3 points or 1, especially considering CL football is on the line (Arsenal have missed out on CL football by 1 point in 2 of the last 3 seasons).

Which I've pointed to numerous times before. You have a situation in the PL where the referees have been appalling for a number of years now. So they bring in VAR. Who did people think would be operating the VAR system when it came in?. The buffoons considered a poorer standard than even those appalling PL refs was always the answer. It was never going to end well.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 2:00pm
Mike up the refs and have the big screens show the replays, as the ref watches them. Then we'll see how the referees are applying the laws and we'll know why they are making their decisions. That's only right.

Secondly, on offside, use two frames for the pass: the one immediately before the pass is released and the one after. That way you can say for sure if the player was offside or not; the present system is not working. If the attacker is offside in both frames, it's offside. If he is only offside in one (whether the first or the second, as can happen if the attacker is coming back towards the ball in the buildup) then he is onside. The current system is permitting incorrect decisions because of the inaccuracy of the cameras. Accompany this with slightly more permissive assistant refereeing, where they only flag if they are sure, and it should work. It will only take a couple more seconds per decision to clarify if the player is on or off but, more importantly, it will be right.

It can be fixed.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Mike up the refs and have the big screens show the replays, as the ref watches them. Then we'll see how the referees are applying the laws and we'll know why they are making their decisions. That's only right.

Secondly, on offside, use two frames for the pass: the one immediately before the pass is released and the one after. That way you can say for sure if the player was offside or not; the present system is not working. If the attacker is offside in both frames, it's offside. If he is only offside in one (whether the first or the second, as can happen if the attacker is coming back towards the ball in the buildup) then he is onside. The current system is permitting incorrect decisions because of the inaccuracy of the cameras. Accompany this with slightly more permissive assistant refereeing, where they only flag if they are sure, and it should work. It will only take a couple more seconds per decision to clarify if the player is on or off but, more importantly, it will be right.

It can be fixed.

Agree with the first point but not the second, the technology isn't good enough yet because of the frame rate.

They can't use a technology for offside if that technology cannot keep up with the play. The frame rate is 50 fps, nowhere near good enough for the pace of a Sunday league game, never mind the PL. For a point of reference, Hawkeye, in other sports, runs at 340 fps. 

I don't know what the allternative should be, maybe VAR should be used to just assist the ref for offside, and if it is too close, ie he cannot tell if it is offside, then he gives the benefit to the attacker.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 2:12pm
How many correct decisions has VAR made compared to ones that are wrong? This is the simple reason why it comes in and works and will stay. 

Letting the crowd know what the f**k is going on would be a big improvement. It reminds when watching Ireland games and UEFA don't let the big screens show certain replays of incidents in case we riot over an offside or bad foul. Drives me nuts and VAR decisions would be way worse to experience

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 2:14pm
That's my point: if you're onside in both frames, then you're definitely onside; if you're offside in both frames, you're definitely offside. VAR works for that much and the pictures do show when the ball is played. I think we actually agree, based on your last sentence.

If you're on in one frame and off in the next (or previous, as the case may be), that's where the issue is. I'd say allow the benefit to the attacker and call it onside. I can't say leave it with the on field decision, because they are currently instructed not to flag unless sure. VAR in that scenario cannot show that the attacker was definitely offside so, unless that is the case, the benefit should go to the attacker. The problem at the minute is the frame selection: use the before and after frame and you don't have the same problem.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 2:18pm
Yep think we're pretty much agreed, ring JD there and he will sort it all out then Big smile

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 2:42pm

That's my point: if you're onside in both frames, then you're definitely onside; if you're offside in both frames, you're definitely offside. VAR works for that much and the pictures do show when the ball is played. I think we actually agree, based on your last sentence.

If you're on in one frame and off in the next (or previous, as the case may be), that's where the issue is. I'd say allow the benefit to the attacker and call it onside. I can't say leave it with the on field decision, because they are currently instructed not to flag unless sure. VAR in that scenario cannot show that the attacker was definitely offside so, unless that is the case, the benefit should go to the attacker. The problem at the minute is the frame selection: use the before and after frame and you don't have the same problem.

Or why not look at one frame and if it’s not clear and obvious then give the benefit to the attacker.

My problem is they are looking a very marginal offsides - down to cm’s 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 3:16pm
Because then you are back to square one. You need the first frame where the ball has left the foot (or other body part) of the player playing the ball & the frame before it. You need to select the frame: which one? If you select both, you have better data to make the decision.

You don't make good decisions with less information.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 5:23pm
How in the name of God have they gotten to a place in the PL where even the offside decisions can be disputed. A league awash with money and the infrastructure and technology in place isn't up to scratch.

This is all bog standard stuff that surely they would know before a ball is kicked under VAR. If they do not have the camera capabilities to judge the exact offside line, then admit it. Stop claiming that at least the offsides are 100 percent spot on when clearly they can't be.

They need to go back to the very start and rethink the entire VAR system.

-------------

Posted By: ChesterCopperpot
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 11:22am
Get rid of it. Proves that it's still not getting the calls right and has taken away from the debates down the pub.

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 6:58pm

[The VAR in ARSvCRY is an Aussie who has referee'd a grand total of 12 league games. 
He shouldn't be choosing whether a team like Arsenal get 3 points or 1, especially considering CL football is on the line (Arsenal have missed out on CL football by 1 point in 2 of the last 3 seasons)

That in itself has nothing to do with VAR. 

Amount of experience should make no difference. One of the most experienced referees in England, failed to spot a handball in Newcastle v Watford and rule a goal out. Another ref with 20 years experience, thought the second City goal against Villa was valid. While the head of PGMOL thinks that keepers don't have to stay on their line, and pitchside monitors are not
required. 

You dont need to ref 500 games, to sit in a VAR hub and advise a referee that you need to look at a monitor to make a major decision. The resources are there to help referees, and they should be used.

It can be fixed.

That cannot happen before the law is changed by IFAB, and we have to wait until June 1 at the earliest for that. In the meantime, broadcasters can put microphones in the ref review area that can pick up what a ref is saying when he watches a screen, as happened in the Copa America. There's nothing to stop that. They just have to look at the monitor, which of course they won't do in England.

-------------
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 7:34pm
Tis good to see you know of IFAB these days Clap considering you've been rambling about VAR for so long, it's good that you understand they exist.

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:10pm
VAR in the Seria A this evening LOL Napoli player is rugby tackled in the box, Napoli players appeal for pen, ref waves play on & Atalanta go up the other end & score. VAR review the lot and let the Atalanta goal stand. Ancelotti and his assistant both sent off, Insigne & someone else booked. 

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:36am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

VAR in the Seria A this evening LOL Napoli player is rugby tackled in the box, Napoli players appeal for pen, ref waves play on & Atalanta go up the other end & score. VAR review the lot and let the Atalanta goal stand. Ancelotti and his assistant both sent off, Insigne & someone else booked. 

Nope, it works perfectly outside of the PL sure LOL it is an absolute nonsense of a system. In what world is that not a penalty for Llorrente LOL that attempt at a tackle was up there with Guendouzi from last weekend.

Where are Dermot Gallagher or Peter Walton when you need them eh "some would give a penalty for that, some would say no penalty. It's all subjective really, isn't it?"

The entire system is a complete cod.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 7:53am
That’s hilarious! This is exactly what football deserves!

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:42am

[The VAR in ARSvCRY is an Aussie who has referee'd a grand total of 12 league games. 
He shouldn't be choosing whether a team like Arsenal get 3 points or 1, especially considering CL football is on the line (Arsenal have missed out on CL football by 1 point in 2 of the last 3 seasons)

That in itself has nothing to do with VAR. 

Amount of experience should make no difference. One of the most experienced referees in England, failed to spot a handball in Newcastle v Watford and rule a goal out. Another ref with 20 years experience, thought the second City goal against Villa was valid. While the head of PGMOL thinks that keepers don't have to stay on their line, and pitchside monitors are not
required. 

You dont need to ref 500 games, to sit in a VAR hub and advise a referee that you need to look at a monitor to make a major decision. The resources are there to help referees, and they should be used.

It can be fixed.

That cannot happen before the law is changed by IFAB, and we have to wait until June 1 at the earliest for that. In the meantime, broadcasters can put microphones in the ref review area that can pick up what a ref is saying when he watches a screen, as happened in the Copa America. There's nothing to stop that. They just have to look at the monitor, which of course they won't do in England.

You are not provided any solutions, just stating problems. Of course experience matters.

The point is that a man who is barely a referee at all MADE the decision. He should be referring the decision to the ref, like we seen in the world cup. The ref should get a word in his ear "You need to check this", then proceeds to check it on the monitor.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:48pm

The point is that a man who is barely a referee at all MADE the decision. He should be referring the decision to the ref, like we seen in the world cup. The ref should get a word in his ear "You need to check this", then proceeds to check it on the monitor.

And like the rest of them, he's been advised not to do that by Riley. 

If he's a fully qualified referee, he is well able to sit in front of a screen and assist the ref on the field. Of course, the on field ref has the ultimate authority to ignore any advice or order he is given.

First game without VAR at Anfield this season, and there's an offside goal given inside 20 minutes. No VAR = Chaos. 

FIFA have now reminded refs to go to their monitors when reviewing subjective calls. For most countries it's no problem, as it's already done. In England however...

According to ESPN pundits, there was no foul and there was nothing wrong with the goal that followed. Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:53pm
No foul LOL LOL LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:29pm
https://twitter.com/barison_andrea/status/1189644329549225986?s=12" rel="nofollow -  https://twitter.com/barison_andrea/status/1189644329549225986?s=12

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 2:59pm

You are not provided any solutions, just stating problems. Of course experience matters.

You don't need experience to say that. You could get a man down the pub to simply order someone to look at a monitor. When a ref goes to a monitor, it's usually a box ticking exercise for him to overturn the original decision. Riley doesn't want that, in case it slows the game down, but at least the ref on the pitch could see everything he needs to see. 

Speaking of Riley, he showed his utter incompetence by highlighting 4 VAR "errors" in his opinion last week. 3 of them I would argue were correct calls. 
The worst one was his claim that the penalty given by VAR at Brighton v Everton was an error. This is the same gobshy who claimed a penalty not given by VAR, for an identical incident at Bournemouth v City was also an error. Last week, he got the hairdryer treatment from all the clubs. His cherry picking of what rules for a VAR to implement and ignore, and his passing the buck onto his colleagues makes him a complete liability and he must resign.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 1:17am
Planning, you stated 6 months ago that with VAR a huge plus was that players surrounding referees, hounding them after big calls, those days were now over for good. With VAR in place players don't surround referees anymore you maintained. 

What are your thoughts now, with players constantly surrounding referees after every call, every non call. It happens numerous times in every game. The best bit being that it goes on for minutes on end as VAR is generally so abysmally slow in it's decision making.

-------------

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 10:58am

And some people here want the fans to see this too? Can you imagine the anger, when the Napoli fans could see for sure that it should have been a penaltyOuch

I agree that refs should be miked up and use a monitor, but not for the action to be replayed on a big screen. Fans would get even more worked up over perceived wrong decisions.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 1:10pm
But but but rugby do it and they get everything right LOLLOL probably the most annoying f*cking nonsense of all time. The amount of appalling decisions I've seen in rugby with the TMO is something else. 

Would love to see the VAR system completely scrapped. Watching the offside calls is painful. They do not have the technology for the tight calls, like the Pulisic and Mertens goals last night. So they are still half guessing. It's comical.

-------------

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 1:22pm
bin the ****

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 1:57pm
I’m sick of it. 
It has ruined inplay gambling for me

Sleepy
Leipzig scored 4 times last night in their 2-2 draw. 

Inter had a goal disallowed and pen given down the other end. 

Numerous times over Tuesday & Wednesday nights we’ve had refs being surrounded and shouted at over non decisions. 

Fans can’t celebrate goals now, and even if the goal is given the excitement is gone as it’s 3 or 4 minutes since the goal. 

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 2:04pm
It must stay! Football deserves it. 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 2:22pm
Were there that many goals scored that should have been disallowed for offsides in previous years?
Just thinking about the number of goals I've seen ruled out for a player being offside in maybe a phase or two of play before the goal. Seems to be very high.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:06pm

Were there that many goals scored that should have been disallowed for offsides in previous years?
Just thinking about the number of goals I've seen ruled out for a player being offside in maybe a phase or two of play before the goal. Seems to be very high.

No doubt some PhD wizard is currently working on a mega project that will show Man City would have won the 2019/20 league by double points was it not for VAR.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:43pm
Salah's goal V City, the pub I was watching was very subdued as a result of VAR, everyone afraid to celebrate properly. Definitely causing an impact.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:46pm
Fabihno scored an outrageous goal against City and almost nobody celebrated LOL the biggest fixture in the PL season. 2 of the biggest sides in Europe. A brilliant 25 yard strike and nobody celebrates it because of the poisonous VAR setup. It really is killing the sport in a thousand different ways.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:47pm
Even the Liverpool fans knew it was a handball at the other end LOL

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm

Even the Liverpool fans knew it was a handball at the other end LOL

It was a handball, bit that doesn't mean a penalty should have been awarded Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:25pm

Fabihno scored an outrageous goal against City and almost nobody celebrated LOL the biggest fixture in the PL season. 2 of the biggest sides in Europe. A brilliant 25 yard strike and nobody celebrates it because of the poisonous VAR setup. It really is killing the sport in a thousand different ways.

Only the away fans and neutrals didn't celebrate. The other 50,000 in the  stadium celebrated as soon as the ball went in, and they celebrated again when it was confirmed. I think most people had already finished celebrating by the time the second goal was questioned for offside. The decision to give both goals was correct.  

As for pub celebrations, I find when my team scores, VAR or no VAR, that it's very difficult to celebrate in pubs, and you can't celebrate at all if you only hear of the goal on livescore. In time you get used to it. With or without VAR,  every goal scored is provisional until play resumes. Every fan watching accepts that. The correct decision is all that matters. 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:41pm
Your comments on VAR have been nothing short of embarrassing since forever. Whatever happened to every handball is a penalty? Now you say that Liverpools first goal vs City was the correct call after Alexander Arnold handles in his own box? By your own reckoning should Fabinhos goal not be ruled out and brought back for a penalty to Man City?

Utter scutter from you.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:59pm
Utter scutter is calling for VAR to be "scrapped".
Utter scutter is not understanding why 1mm offside is offside.  
Utter scutter is claiming "nobody" celebrates a goal, while 50,000 people are wildly celebrating. Twice in 15 minutes. 

Three of many examples of "utter scutter". 

VAR is permanent in the EPL. If you have suggestions to improve it, I'm willing to read them. If you want it scrapped, be prepared to be disappointed. 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:39pm

Your comments on VAR have been nothing short of embarrassing since forever. Whatever happened to every handball is a penalty? Now you say that Liverpools first goal vs City was the correct call after Alexander Arnold handles in his own box? By your own reckoning should Fabinhos goal not be ruled out and brought back for a penalty to Man City?

Utter scutter from you.

Planning, please answer the above you complete and utter spoofer.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 10:01pm

Only the away fans and neutrals didn't celebrate. The other 50,000 in the  stadium celebrated as soon as the ball went in, and they celebrated again when it was confirmed. I think most people had already finished celebrating by the time the second goal was questioned for offside. The decision to give both goals was correct.  

As for pub celebrations, I find when my team scores, VAR or no VAR, that it's very difficult to celebrate in pubs, and you can't celebrate at all if you only hear of the goal on livescore. In time you get used to it. With or without VAR,  every goal scored is provisional until play resumes. Every fan watching accepts that. The correct decision is all that matters. 

LOL
Had a laugh at that
You wouldn’t be biased or anything of course 

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 11:14pm

please answer the above 

It's already been answered. There were two handballs, by a forward and a defender. Both are equally liable to be punished. Except the ref can't give both a free kick and a penalty, so he did what he should do, waved play on. He's the best ref in the league, and gets the biggest games, because he knows what he is doing.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 11:40pm

please answer the above 

It's already been answered. There were two handballs, by a forward and a defender. Both are equally liable to be punished. Except the ref can't give both a free kick and a penalty, so he did what he should do, waved play on. He's the best ref in the league, and gets the biggest games, because he knows what he is doing.

So every defender handling a ball is his own area isn't a penalty now you're saying?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:49am

please answer the above 

LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2023 at 12:45pm
Football was much more enjoyable to watch without var. Just look at that decision in united game var ref takes 4 minutes to decide and still sends the ref to the screen 

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net