Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57192
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 3:29am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Anthony Scully
Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Subject: Anthony Scully
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 9:09pm
This lad's form is such that he deserves his own thread:  still only 20 and is smashing them in for the West Ham PL2 side.  Expect him to to be included in Kenny's squad for the game v Italy, especially if, as now seems likely, Aaron Connolly gets the call-up to the senior squad.  

He got another 2 goals today (and an assist) for a West Ham side captained by our very own Conor Coventry.  That's 7 goals in 6 games this season (only 4 were starts).  

London-born, but has played for us the whole way up - his Dad is Dub Tony Scully who played for QPR, Palace etc., but despite playing for us U21 and B, never made the senior break-through.  Anthony won Ireland U15 player of the year in 2015 - the same award his Dad won 20 years earlier. 

Anthony's had a torrid time with in injuries in recent seasons, but is back now, bulked up a bit, and  playing more as a converted striker instead of as an attacking midfielder or left winger and adapted really well:  https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/september/19-september/scully-u23s-will-relish-middlesbrough-away-day" rel="nofollow - https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/september/19-september/scully-u23s-will-relish-middlesbrough-away-day . 

West Ham fans excited that he might be the next player to make the step-up from Academy player to senior team:   https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/september/19-september/scully-u23s-will-relish-middlesbrough-away-day" rel="nofollow - https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/september/19-september/scully-u23s-will-relish-middlesbrough-away-day

Definitely got big potential - and fantastic to have another possible top-class talent coming through up-top, who we could be forgiven for forgetting about with his injuries. 

Seems to have a good head on his shoulders too:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrE_52QMEbw" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrE_52QMEbw

Feeling good about our attacking options in the next few years Smile 

Replies:
Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 9:17pm
Thought this was about ex Man City (and many other clubs) player Tony Scully

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Thought this was about ex Man City (and many other clubs) player Tony Scully

Anto's Da.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 10:13pm
Is his dad the Shelbourne ****? 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 7:43am
Have the Tans made a play for him yet?

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 9:43am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He said he hates Liverpool so can’t see it

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 12:57pm
Any danger this guy will be named in the u21 squad to face Italy? 

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Played for them at Under-16 already I remember
http://www.herald.ie/sport/green-of-ireland-or-white-of-england-west-ham-star-anthony-scully-keeps-feet-in-both-camps-31006772.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.herald.ie/sport/green-of-ireland-or-white-of-england-west-ham-star-anthony-scully-keeps-feet-in-both-camps-31006772.html

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 12:58pm
Has won Premier League 2 Player of the Month

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
And yet he isn't anywhere near our U-21 squad, great position we've found ourselves in with regards to talent.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 2:08pm
I'd rather Scully was drafted in rather than Drinan

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

I'd rather Scully was drafted in rather than Drinan

+1

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 10:36pm
Article on him winning PL2 Player of the Month and his view on the Ireland set-up:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ireland-youngster-bags-player-of-month-award-for-west-ham-u23s-after-hitting-eight-goals-in-five-games-38585882.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ireland-youngster-bags-player-of-month-award-for-west-ham-u23s-after-hitting-eight-goals-in-five-games-38585882.html

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Article on him winning PL2 Player of the Month and his view on the Ireland set-up:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ireland-youngster-bags-player-of-month-award-for-west-ham-u23s-after-hitting-eight-goals-in-five-games-38585882.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ireland-youngster-bags-player-of-month-award-for-west-ham-u23s-after-hitting-eight-goals-in-five-games-38585882.html

Shortlisted for PL2 player of the month again and scoring goals on a regular basis.

Would be good to see him involved in our underage set up. Anyone know where he is regarding wearing the sweet sweet green of ireland? 

Posted By: Nialler
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 12:24pm
We need to get him in the U21's quickly. Hopefully that is the good that comes out of Troy and Aaron in the seniors. When is Kenny naming that squad I have seen anything about it pop up at all ?

Posted By: PaddyDaCulchie
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 12:35pm
13 games, 13 goals, 4 assists. Something wrong if Drinan called up ahead of him again

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:13pm
[QUOTE=PaddyDaCulchie]13 games, 13 goals, 4 assists. Something wrong if Drinan called up ahead of him again[/QUOTE

Agreed - doesnt look good. If he's not in the next ireland u21 squad then we should close the book on this one.

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:17pm
seems to be showing the same form and numbers as Connolly last season... good sign 

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:18pm
Would be strange if he doesn't get called in. Has bounced back from a few injuries and is delivering on all the promise he showed a few years ago. 
He is very keen to be called in and his form deserves it

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Would be strange if he doesn't get called in. Has bounced back from a few injuries and is delivering on all the promise he showed a few years ago. 

Why do you think he's keen? 

I genuinely hope he is of course but where have you heard this?

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:22pm
Does he qualify through his grandparents or is through a parent?

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

His Dad is Tony Scully. Dublin player who played for Man City and QPR in the 90s. Capped up to B level back then. Anthony was born in England because his Da was playing over there. 

I don't think there's any danger of Scully jnr jumping ship. He should definitely be in the squad though. 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:34pm

His dad is a dubliner and was capped 10 times for our u21 I believe.

On west hams website he's referenced as the Irishman. 

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

His Dad is Tony Scully. Dublin player who played for Man City and QPR in the 90s. Capped up to B level back then. Anthony was born in England because his Da was playing over there. 

I don't think there's any danger of Scully jnr jumping ship. He should definitely be in the squad though. 

Cheers, not sure why I didn't know this.
I didn't want to get excited about Anthony because I assumed England would be in his ear. 
Promising signs from him this season.

Posted By: PaddyDaCulchie
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Said in interview he had no intention of switching allegiance to England.

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:00pm
Some West Ham fans looking for him to be called up to the first team but most say he is far from ready and his stats look good because he is playing in the second division of the U23 league. Personally agree he should be in our u21 squad but I’d like to see him play a few times before we all get carried away.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

I work with a lad who knows Tony well and used to work with him after Tony hung up his boots. Apparently he settled in Cambridgeshire for a while, liked it while he played here, and used to drive the son to West Ham. Anyway, according to this fella, he is always saying my son will get the Irish senior cap I never got. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

I think Rice said the same thing but let’s hope this guy is truthful 

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

I think Rice said the same thing but let’s hope this guy is truthful 

Different kettle of fish altogether 

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 8:48am

I know the family well. 

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 4:14pm
Gets a goal today.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 4:57pm
assist today

-------------

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 9:53pm
After his goal today he has 5 goals in 20 appearances for Lincoln, half of which have come off the bench. 1 goal in every second start. He also notched another assist, which he seems to do quite often. Not bad going for a 21 year old. He's our only young forward who's scoring on a regular basis.

Lincoln top of the table approaching the midway point of the season so he could get a Championship platform next year.

Zack Elbouzedi came off the bench again so his prospects are looking a tiny bit healthier. Sean Roughan didn't make the match day squad but at 17 he looks like more of a long-term option, and he's impressed in his limited game time so far.

I was reasonably impressed with Scully in the Iceland game. I think he could fly under the radar a bit while most of the focus is on lads like Cassidy, Parrott, Obafemi, Connolly and Idah.

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:01pm
Scully has impressed me any time ive seen him for Lincoln, good descicion maker and good finisher and has a an assist in his locker to . Has 7 or 8 goals from all comps this season and could well be playing Chanpuonship football next year aswel.

Posted By: Four-Four-Two
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:34pm
scully has played most on the wing this year , so his goal return is most impressive 

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:38pm
8 goals and 6 assists in 23 appearances this season going by transfermarkt. 

Impressive stuff. Idah Parrott Connolly Obafemi are considered the fab 4 as such and it’s been mixed for them this season to say the least. we do have plenty other young attackers like Scully Kayode Afolabi Cassidy Grant has signed for Huddersfield recently that are between 19-21 who you would hope a couple of them might progress into Championship level if not dare I say it top flight level attackers in the next 3-8 years let’s say. 

Scully is flying definitely leading the way at the moment.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:49pm
Scully was firing in the goals at one stage for West Ham u23s but couldn’t get a look in for us and there was even questions about if he wanted to play for us. Great to see him doing well at Lincoln as he’s still only young and as has proven to be the case with a lot of our  younger players breaking through in England dropping a division and getting regular senior football is better than underage leagues.

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 11:03pm
He has been great the 6 assists is as impressive 14 goal contributions in 23 games is very good. They are the form team in League 1 at the moment young team too. 

Agreed even Idah I would have loved to see him drop to a promotion chasing League 1 team like Scully even for games every week to learn his trade. If Norwich go up next year I suspect Idah may have to go out on loan anyways.

Elbouzedi and Roughan there too good Irish contingent at Lincoln.

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:11pm
Good finish from Anthony for Lincoln this afternoon.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:23pm
6 in 12 starts + 10 substitute appearances now. Quite impressive.

Posted By: Loc
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 1:28pm
Not even brought on as a sub last night. For some reason he seems to be always being on the cusp of being dropped despite doing very well every time he plays!

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:16pm
Scully after scoring again tonight. Delighted for him as to be honest he’d been put on the bench with that young lad Rogers coming in on loan. Either 12 or 13 goals for him no bad return.

Been on the bench for his last 5 in the League and they haven’t won their last 4. If they can win tonight with him scoring and performing he should get his place back I suspect. 

Brennan Johnson who’s also there and playing well less goals then Scully but more assists is in the Welsh squad.

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Scully after scoring again tonight. Delighted for him as to be honest he’d been put on the bench with that young lad Rogers coming in on loan. Either 12 or 13 goals for him no bad return.

Been on the bench for his last 5 in the League and they haven’t won their last 4. If they can win tonight with him scoring and performing he should get his place back I suspect. 

Brennan Johnson who’s also there and playing well less goals then Scully but more assists is in the Welsh squad.

Anthony Forde just made it 1-1

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 9:24pm
9 goals in 19 starts (36 appearances overall). Not bad going for a 21 year old. He doesn't play as an out-and-out striker either.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 4:48pm
Comes off the bench to get a goal and an assist for Lincoln. They were trailing 2-0 when he came on. 2-2 now.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: Fruice
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:02pm
can’t understand why he doesn’t get more of a look  in when you see all The chances Parrott has got already 

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Comes off the bench to get a goal and an assist for Lincoln. They were trailing 2-0 when he came on. 2-2 now.

Tbh he can feel seriously hard done by not starting regularly. You can’t ask for more then that goal and assist practically changed the game. 

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

can’t understand why he doesn’t get more of a look  in when you see all The chances Parrott has got already 

Often loan players come in on the basis that they're guaranteed a certain amount of first team game time. Probably the only reason we're continuing to see Parrott at all, but it works against Scully as Lincoln have a number of players in on loan that will likely be on similar loan contracts.

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Often loan players come in on the basis that they're guaranteed a certain amount of first team game time. Probably the only reason we're continuing to see Parrott at all, but it works against Scully as Lincoln have a number of players in on loan that will likely be on similar loan contracts.

This is the only logical explanation as even the last game that he started he scored against Oxford but was the one dropped. It looks a hideous decision in hindsight. No excuse not to start him in every game after yesterday. 

He’s having a fine season 14 goals and 8 assists imagine if Parrott had that attacking output? 

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:42pm
 To be fair, Troy Parrott is three years younger than scully, so he has a good few years to catch up with him.

Saying that, I'd like to see scully really push on now and play in the championship. His stats are really good in league 1 and I totally agree that manager doesn't give him a decent run of games 

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 6:15pm
Did this lads Dad play for Cliftonville, and Man City among other clubs?

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 6:21pm
Yeah, a cherry orchard product.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 6:59pm

To be fair, Troy Parrott is three years younger than scully, so he has a good few years to catch up with him.

Saying that, I'd like to see scully really push on now and play in the championship. His stats are really good in league 1 and I totally agree that manager doesn't give him a decent run of games 

Yes the hype around Parrott was so high he’s deflated plenty but like you say only turned 19. 

It really would be mentalist stuff if Scully isn’t starting for the rest of the year now and hopefully he can add to that goal tally. He’s promising and he knows where the net is instinctive finisher. Championship football can’t be far away for him the way he’s going.

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:57pm
Lincoln boss on why Anthony Scully hasn't been starting: https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lincoln-city-blackpool-scully-appleton-5285752" rel="nofollow - https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lincoln-city-blackpool-scully-appleton-5285752

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 2:46pm
scores today again

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

scores today again

Brennan Johnson and himself are flying will likely both hit 25 goal contributions each before the season ends. 12 goals 12 assists for Johnson and 15 goals 8 assists for Scully I’m sure. 

Johnson will play for Forest next year and if Scully can keep the momentum going thats if Lincoln don’t go up themselves there’s every chance he will get a transfer himself next year. Decent numbers. 

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 4:03pm
Scully has a bit of quality about him, not question about It

He doesn't seem to get 90mins in games however, he seems to either start and come off or come on for the last 30 in games.

I wonder if there are fitness issues in this? 

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 4:09pm

Scully has a bit of quality about him, not question about It

He doesn't seem to get 90mins in games however, he seems to either start and come off or come on for the last 30 in games.

I wonder if there are fitness issues in this? 

His manager said lately he doesn't give 90 minute full match performances and needs to start doing that. Think the link was on this thread earlier. 

Posted By: Fruice
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:34pm
he should be in our squad this summer 

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:28pm
Was reading a report this morning that Mick McCarthy and Terry Connor were at the Bristol Rovers vs Lincoln game to watch it. Apparently the 2nd time in the last few months he’s been at a Lincoln game. 
Now Lincoln have a 30 year old Cardiff loanee goalkeeper on the bench regularly but would he really be going twice in quick succession to watch him on the bench? 

Looking at the teams Brennan Johnson I suspect will play for Forest next year. Where they watching Scully?

Posted By: darman28
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 11:04am
Got an assist yesterday, seems to be finishing the season strong. 

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 3:51pm
Scully and Curtis both reach double figures in terms of league goals this afternoon.

12 goals in 24 league starts for Scully.

Curtis has 32 goals in 115 league appearances for Portsmouth, which is pretty impressive for someone who isn't an out-and-out striker.

Was linked with Championship moves in the recent past. He's picking the right time to go on a goalscoring run again with the summer transfer window on the horizon.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:13pm
Scully with a cracker there. Second of the game for him.

17 goals this season despite not starting nearly half their games and has only just turned 22. A definite prospect for us.

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:57pm
Will be really good to see him tested in the championship. There is definitely quality there, needs to up his fitness in my opinion but that can easily be managed

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:57pm
This lad is definitely the biggest positive regarding attacking players we have had this season. I see something about Mick McCarthy going to watch multiple Lincoln games a few weeks back. 

Brennan Johnson is going back to Notts Forest from what I see so every chance it may well be Scully he was going to watch. That’s if Lincoln don’t go up and every chance they will through the play offs the way they have played.

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 5:01pm
Peterborough were losing 0-3 when they substituted Jack Taylor. Ended up drawing 3-3.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 5:28pm

Peterborough were losing 0-3 when they substituted Jack Taylor. Ended up drawing 3-3.

To be fair to him he's been one of their most important players in their run to promotion and I'd expect he will be a big player for them in the Championship next season so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Scully, like Cullen, seems to be benefitting from cutting ties with West Ham. Conor Coventry would be better doing the same rather than captaining their under 23s but never getting a look in with the first team. Go to a League 1 team, play games and develop as a senior footballer.

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:34pm

Sure he’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight knowing he’ll be playing in the championship next season

-------------

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:37pm
Scully deserves a run out in June

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:42pm
I'd be asking questions if he wasn't called up given the form of our other attacking options. I'd imagine he's a certainty for a call up.

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 8:54pm
His second goal today was quality.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 9:05pm
I think he has a better shout of getting into the ireland team than parrott, idah, Shane Long, o,dowda, Brady, mcclean, maguire, obafemi or Horgan.

Date Posted: 01 May 2021 at 11:59pm

I'd be asking questions if he wasn't called up given the form of our other attacking options. I'd imagine he's a certainty for a call up.

He has to be called up surely. He’s flying 17 goals and he mightn’t be done yet 2 games to go still. 

If Lincoln don’t go up do you think he gets a transfer? Has to be looked at surely considering his form. 

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 8:45am
I'd say he'll stay on at Lincoln either way. If they don't go up he needs to nail down a first team spot next season, it's unusual that a player who has scored that many goals isn't a consistent starter but he seems to have off days which results in him being dropped. To be fair though, most forwards have quiet days, it's the nature of the position.

There's Sean Roughan at Lincoln as well , who's only 17 but has played in the first team. He looks a good prospect and might have more chance of breaking through next season if they don't get promoted.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:43am
Is he the highest scoring Irish player in England and Scotland? Must be. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:57am

I'd say he'll stay on at Lincoln either way. If they don't go up he needs to nail down a first team spot next season, it's unusual that a player who has scored that many goals isn't a consistent starter but he seems to have off days which results in him being dropped. To be fair though, most forwards have quiet days, it's the nature of the position.

There's Sean Roughan at Lincoln as well , who's only 17 but has played in the first team. He looks a good prospect and might have more chance of breaking through next season if they don't get promoted.

They have some cracking attacking players too 4/5 of them. If he stayed and like you say started more games it would be very very interesting to see could he match or go beyond this seasons goal tally. 

To answer McG question with 17 I suspect he is. McGrath had 16 at St Mirren close behind. 

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 2:15pm
Doyle (18) (18)
Scully (17) (11)
McGrath (16) (9)
Wilkinson (15) (12)
Collins (14) (10)
Curtis (14) (10)

-------------

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 2:23pm
If we were to play a game tomorrow and go 4-3-3, how many folks would be happy with a front three of Collins with Curtis and Scully either side?
The latter two are in L1 but this is our level for now when it comes to goal-scoring forwards.

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

If we were to play a game tomorrow and go 4-3-3, how many folks would be happy with a front three of Collins with Curtis and Scully either side?
The latter two are in L1 but this is our level for now when it comes to goal-scoring forwards.

not quite sure i agree with that... just because some players are scoring more at a lower level than those playing at a much higher level doesnt make them a better player.

if you put robinson or connolly into league 1 im pretty sure they would be scoring loads of goals. you go with your best players

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 7:48pm
Played very well again tonight against Sunderland. Fast and direct going forward, but gets back and helps out the defence as well. Played wide right - a position where we're not overstocked with options. Only 22 as well. I could see him going on to have a better career than some of our more highly rated younger players.

Definitely warrants a call up in June.

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:46pm
Training camp begins Friday the 28th, and the play off finals are on that weekend. Don't think anyone that's playing in the finals will be in camp. Unless they fly at straight after their matches to meet up.

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:53pm
First game isn't until the third. Plenty of time for them to get involved, even if they're a day or two late at the start.

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 3:49pm

Played very well again tonight against Sunderland. Fast and direct going forward, but gets back and helps out the defence as well. Played wide right - a position where we're not overstocked with options. Only 22 as well. I could see him going on to have a better career than some of our more highly rated younger players.

Definitely warrants a call up in June.

He was electric at times last night desperately unlucky not to score early. Has 17 goals and 9 assists this season 26 goal contributions. 

Has all the attributes to develop into a decent attacker the more young attacking prospects we have the better. Hopefully they go up they have a monumental chance of doing so. Would make them favourites against Blackpool. 

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:24pm
As a right sided attacker who can hit the net, you’ve got to say he has a good chance of a call up this summer.

Appears early in the highlights here with a nice touch and shot. I think he also got an assist for the first goal

https://youtu.be/RpgZzrRyACg" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/RpgZzrRyACg

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

As a right sided attacker who can hit the net, you’ve got to say he has a good chance of a call up this summer.

Appears early in the highlights here with a nice touch and shot. I think he also got an assist for the first goal

https://youtu.be/RpgZzrRyACg" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/RpgZzrRyACg

Definitely although if he’s too busy getting promoted with Lincoln for selection it’s not the end of the world. 

Right sided attacker too they are non existent for us. He should have had an assist before they put the ball in the net the 1st time. Grant should have buried the one before it. 

Brennan Johnson looks a fine prospect also will go back to Nottingham Forest next season I suspect. 

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:58pm
I would say that Scully has seen the most improvement of any irish player over the last season. Would be good to see this progress continue.

Hes been an agent of hope in an otherwise supernaturally bad year. I would go as far as saying he's been Footballs Best Irishman.

Date Posted: 30 May 2021 at 12:13pm
I remember watching an interview with him as a young lad and he had an English accent. A year or two later and he has an Irish one. He must switch accents depending on which country he's representing.

https://outline.com/zDr5K9" rel="nofollow - https://outline.com/zDr5K9

He told SunSport: “Sure me mam and dad are from Dublin, so I picked up the accent. A lot of people find it a bit mad.”

After all, he is London-born, a West Ham protege and played for England Under-16s in between representing Ireland’s Under-15s and 17s.

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 30 May 2021 at 3:14pm
Doesn’t start in their biggest game of the season yet some were crying about him missing out on our squad.

Posted By: inlikeflynn
Date Posted: 31 May 2021 at 8:14am
He must be taking the piss somewhere. 

It would be interesting to hear his parents. 

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:30pm
14th goal for Lincoln in just his 27th start to vindicate his place in the starting lineup for the second time this season.

-------------

Posted By: Stimpy
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:50pm
gets his 2nd of the game and possibly the winner 

Posted By: Nialler
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:51pm
Could end up being a very good player for us

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:54pm
Good to see him up and running. Thinking with Scully was if he could match his goal contribution and general goal tally for Lincoln he would get some Championship interest if he increases it even better again. Taking penalties now too gives him a chance of doing that.  

Might have been a blessing in disguise for him Lincoln not going up they might have signed players and the manager might have had him on the bench. Scully is still young gets another season at a lower level guaranteed game time and hopefully will progress again. 

Appleton did say he had issues with his ability to finish out 90 minutes but in the finish I got the impression that was an Appleton problem and not a Scully one as he’d haul him off first everytime they weren’t winning. If he’s the tally’sman he will be finishing out games this season. 

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Kenny has shown no interest in him to date.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Kenny has shown no interest in him to date.

He hasn’t but he’s 22. It might be 3 years time before he makes an appearance. He’s still a prospect that looks capable of certainly playing Championship football in time. Another season banging in the goals/a 25 plus goal contribution season like last season for him and he may will attract that interest. 

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:12pm
I thought his goals to games ratio last season warranted a call up for the June games to be honest. 

It'd be Kenny I'd be critical of in that respect rather than Scully who couldn't have done much more last season really and seems to be continuing that form into this season also.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:18pm

I thought his goals to games ratio last season warranted a call up for the June games to be honest. 

It'd be Kenny I'd be critical of in that respect rather than Scully who couldn't have done much more last season really and seems to be continuing that form into this season also.

I’m shocked LOL

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I’m shocked LOL

Just looking forward to better days ahead under a new manager, hopefully sooner rather than later. Smile

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:24pm
I think Kenny's his only chance of getting a call up while playing for Lincoln to be honest.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:41pm
this is it he’s playing with Lincoln context is needed. We did have League 1 call ups in the squad in attack so I can see the angle. 

If he keeps banging in the goals for them this season then he will eventually go up a division/get that call up. I like Scully he gets that Championship move eventually for me and after that who knows. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net