URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57172
Printed Date: 01 May 2024 at 12:12am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Forum conduct
Posted By: DeclanDaly
Subject: Forum conduct
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:29pm
Genuine question: 

Does anybody else feel that the forum has become a lot harder to use/enjoy?

I think the mods are doing a great job, but there is a real issue with conflict between individual posters and long running feuds. It’s dragging out across multiple threads and creating a lot of noise. Its toxic, frankly.

Maybe this is just the way that forums end up, no matter what you do, but I’m pretty much at the point where I’m going to stop posting and reading. The enjoyment just isn’t there. Big loss, I know!

Anybody have any thoughts about how we can fix it?

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Replies:
Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Genuine question: 

I think the mods are doing a great job, but there is a real issue with conflict between individual posters and long running feuds. It’s dragging out across multiple threads and creating a lot of noise. Its toxic, frankly.

Maybe this is just the way that forums end up, no matter what you do, but I’m pretty much at the point where I’m going to stop posting and reading. The enjoyment just isn’t there. Big loss, I know!

I honestly think everyone hates each other on this

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:14pm
most annoying thing is when someone quotes a post 2 pages long. someone else replies and quotes the whole shabang again. people dont need to quote every single post.

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:22pm
For a website that revolves around opinion, it appears hard to have one. 

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Genuine question: 

I honestly think everyone hates each other on this

I love all you kunts equally. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:27pm

Genuine question: 

the software that runs the forum itself is horribly outdated, can't block users for one thing, there doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of quotes for another. If there's any way to update it, then it could be looked at

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

The amount of times some posters have responded to someone else's opinion with "stupid comment", "this forum is getting ridicules" "these people think they're so called experts" or some other variation is killing this place.

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

The amount of times some posters have responded to someone else's opinion with "stupid comment", "this forum is getting ridicules" "these people think they're so called experts" or some other variation is killing this place.

Yeah, that’s a killer. It’s not constructive 

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: peterbelfast
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 5:08pm
I rarely post, but would be lurking most days and there are a few posters  clogging up every thread with the same muck. If your looking an update or bit of info it takes an eternity to find it through all the nonsense. 

Posted By: ****
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 5:13pm
On behalf of the mods can I get a list of names please. This is an anonymous mods account. 

Regards 

BSM 

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by **** **** wrote:

On behalf of the mods can I get a list of names please. This is an anonymous mods account. 

Regards 

BSM 
LOL

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 5:27pm

Regards 

BSM 

I'm nameshaming Doc, the biggest shoite talker on here.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Regards 

BSM 

I'm nameshaming Doc, the biggest shoite talker on here.
Fook off rocky marshmallow LOL I am only outting the spoofers LOL

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 5:51pm
Multi Quotes Clap

It's been more or less the same for as long as I've been on this forum. Some absolute clowns over the years. Trapnoclue, Rainpaulo, Byrner and Cathalthesmart. Around Euro 2012 was as bad as the forum has ever been.

Some great posters that don't post anymore like Tribal and some other chap whose name I can't remember but he used to have great tips for South American football

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 6:03pm
I see CarlowMan1888 has been blocked. Was a relatively new account but spoke a lot of sense

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Multi Quotes Clap

It's been more or less the same for as long as I've been on this forum. Some absolute clowns over the years. Trapnoclue, Rainpaulo, Byrner and Cathalthesmart. Around Euro 2012 was as bad as the forum has ever been.

Some great posters that don't post anymore like Tribal and some other chap whose name I can't remember but he used to have great tips for South American football

JAVIERClap

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 6:12pm
It very much depends what you use it for. The travel subsection is generally kept on topic and is mostly useful. The whatever section is entertaining if nothing else. This section is what it is, and is mostly okay with some issues. It's the rest of the world section that has the some spoofers posting the same nonsense being responded to by the same gobshi*es in a never-ending loop of idiocy.

They're very much ranked 1, 2, 3, 4. I don't use the LOI section that much but it doesn't seem as bad (with one entertaining nutter).

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Multi Quotes Clap

JAVIERClap
LOLLOLLOL

Just remembered your mans name. Madferret 

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:21pm
I'm only here for Javiers comments. Pure gold!

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: BippityBoop
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:38pm
The more popular an internet community becomes, the worse it becomes. It's always the case.

For the most part I enjoy the forum information-wise, keeping track of up-and-coming players and finding out how random players are getting on etc. But yeah the general attitude of some people can be s bit toxic.

My biggest gripe of all was all the terrible clichéd puns that were recycled over and over and over, and I'm so glad that the mods cracked down on that.

I think the forum is more bearable if you read the comments without looking at who's writing them, and of course take all comments with a grain of salt.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:54pm

Multi Quotes Clap

JAVIERClap
LOLLOLLOL

Just remembered your mans name. Madferret 

He was a great poster.

From what I remember, he did announce he was leaving the forum and that was the end of him.

Hope he's alright and doing well for himself!

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:23pm
To be honest the pop ups drive me nuts more than anything else . 
Love the craic on here and have to get my daily fix otherwise i get lost . 

Lets face it i think we have all took something positive from here Tickets , Travel and info now as for negative people move on and we don't see them again but the nutters were outstanding i must say they must have been on truck loads of acid LOL

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:37pm
Character limits on posts would weed out half of the b*llsh*t that gets repetitively posted daily. If you can't form an argument in less than 200 characters, don't bother. Some posters think it's time to submit a dissertation with the length of their posts.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Character limits on posts would weed out half of the b*llsh*t that gets repetitively posted daily. If you can't form an argument in less than 200 characters, don't bother. Some posters think it's time to submit a dissertation with the length of their posts.
There's a one word argument against this: Deise.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:45pm
Very true. Always well written.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:48pm
I agree about the point it can be hard to have an opinion. I see people posting an opinion and then their post is ridiculed but not really with a counter argument. 
Probably it would be better if conduct, in the ROI section at least, would be if you want to challenge, criticize or have some sort of smart comment about an opinion then have a constructive point to back it up.
Maybe not all the time, we dont want robotic posts, but constant offenders should have it pointed out to them.

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:53pm
Deise's posts are brilliant. Clap

Even those intellectual lads on reddit like them.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:57pm
The ROI section is my least favourite part of the forum. Some lads get a serious horn hearing some lad playing for Rochdale who has an Oirish sounding name but it’s not for me. 

ROW can be a good laugh and you’re almost guaranteed some lunacy.

Whatever has its moments and the LOI is good at times.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Trap junior and pre Madonna must be the same poster. Both so repetitive. 

You should know you stalker.  And if I see you hiding in the bushes at night outside my house again I am calling the Guards. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:15pm
Is Post Madonna username still available?

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Is Post Madonna username still available?
Lady Gaga?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:33pm
LOL

Still not over Madonnas last appearance on Graham Norton. It was spectacular coontishness. Gaga has some way to go to get to that level.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:41pm

The ROI section is my least favourite part of the forum. Some lads get a serious horn hearing some lad playing for Rochdale who has an Oirish sounding name but it’s not for me. 

My favourite one so far has to be Sean Longstaff on the basis his name was spelt Sean and not Shaun or Shawn so he must be eligible.

People on here are crackers LOL

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:44pm

Or a player capped at u21 level for the north has photos of GAA or Celtic on his Facebook page
He must be called into our next squad despite the fact he can’t get a game at Crusaders 

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:47pm
Or the people who follow eligible players Instagram and Twitter accounts to see what posts they've "liked"

The sort of activity only Keith Lemon or Ted Bundy would participate in.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 10:00pm

Or the people who follow eligible players Instagram and Twitter accounts to see what posts they've "liked"

The sort of activity only Keith Lemon or Ted Bundy would participate in.
Comparing anybody to Keith Lemon is very harsh.

-------------

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:00am

Id see it the other way, threads with post after post of one or very few words or just an emoji at times are fcukin tedious. There is quality on here, some very good content but you usually have to wade through some awful sh*t to get to it. 

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Lets face it i think we have all took something positive from here Tickets , Travel and info now as for negative people move on and we don't see them again but the nutters were outstanding i must say they must have been on truck loads of acid LOL

To be fair Murph you should be glad you are still
Getting pop ups at your age. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

To be fair Murph you should be glad you are still
Getting pop ups at your age. 

At least I know what to do with them when i get them , now are you still reading the manual Big smile

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Id see it the other way, threads with post after post of one or very few words or just an emoji at times are fcukin tedious. There is quality on here, some very good content but you usually have to wade through some awful sh*t to get to it. 

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

This sort of sh*t is worse than some of the lunatics that post on here. And there is some serial offenders. Also imagine I was to spell it cereal instead of serial , that would get even more replies, some people it would be the highlight of there day

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:06am
Too many bandwagoners 

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

This sort of sh*t is worse than some of the lunatics that post on here. And there is some serial offenders. Also imagine I was to spell it cereal instead of cereal, that would get even more replies, some people it would be the highlight of there day
That would be ‘serial’. Spelling ‘cereal’ as ‘cereal’ would be correct. I would also use single quotation marks for emphasis, it makes it easier for the reader; after all, punctuation and grammar is merely consideration for those reading it.

In the highlights of my day so far, this comes about fourth just behind a rousing sing-a-long to ‘Louie, Louie’ in the shower, a relaxing sh*t and a very enjoyable coffee with herself. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:24am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

This sort of sh*t is worse than some of the lunatics that post on here. And there is some serial offenders. Also imagine I was to spell it cereal instead of serial, that would get even more replies, some people it would be the highlight of there day
That would be ‘serial’. Spelling ‘cereal’ as ‘cereal’ would be correct. I would also use single quotation marks for emphasis, it makes it easier for the reader; after all, punctuation and grammar is merely consideration for those reading it.

In the highlights of my day so far, this comes about fourth just behind a rousing sing-a-long to ‘Louie, Louie’ in the shower, a relaxing sh*t and a very enjoyable coffee with herself. 

Clap

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:27am

An improvement on the "THanks" button would help this. Most of the time I forget it's there

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Or a player capped at u21 level for the north has photos of GAA or Celtic on his Facebook page
He must be called into our next squad despite the fact he can’t get a game at Crusaders 
Maybe a sign of how desperate some people have become to see players tied down to us after the Grealish & Rice sagas. LOL

Oh, and you know there must be an issue with conduct on here when a thread about it has already run to 3 pages in less than 24 hours. LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:11am
Folks 

Still no PM's to this anonymous account in regards to names of posters you want banned. 

Regards

Gazh 

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:38am
Is there any harm in putting together a list. I’ll start - 

1. Replies must not be too short or too long

-------------

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:54am

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

This sort of sh*t is worse than some of the lunatics that post on here. And there is some serial offenders. Also imagine I was to spell it cereal instead of serial , that would get even more replies, some people it would be the highlight of there day

*their

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

*their

Clap

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

2. No lists

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:05am
travel section is great , thanks superdave... is steve amsterdam still around...
great tips for getting to games. like the 160 return to geneva in oct.. yeah the emojis are annoying and when two posters ahve arguments and quote everything...
i enjoy the forum, dont post too much though

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

2. No lists

3. Don't be seen to be enjoying yourself or having a laugh

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:35am

2. No lists

4. No multi quoting. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:40am

2. No lists

4. No multi quoting. 

I second that

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

2. No lists

4. No multi quoting. 

I second that

cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:53am

2. No lists

4. No multi quoting. 

I second that

cheers

5. More puns in the Troy Parrott thread 

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:55am

2. No lists

4. No multi quoting. 

I second that

cheers

5. More puns in the Troy Parrott thread 
What ?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 12:11pm
No multi quoting is part of an anti-nordie agenda and is against the terms of the good friday agreement.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 12:30pm

Folks 

Still no PM's to this anonymous account in regards to names of posters you want banned. 

Regards

Gazh 

I wouldn't want to see anyone banned personally, some posters like Dublin_doc and pre_madonna can be annoying but occasionally can be really funny too. I guess you've got to take the good with the bad.

Posted By: djhegzy
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 12:48pm

Folks 

Regards

Gazh 

I wouldn't want to see anyone banned personally, some posters like Dublin_doc and pre_madonna can be annoying but occasionally can be really funny too. I guess you've got to take the good with the bad.

Hans Moleman is like trap junior but at least I kinda found traps whining funny, and takes all the threads off topic / on a tangent. just needs to chill out.

Miss Javier though, can someone bring him back?

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 12:54pm
nothing worse than dry sh*tes coming on here asking for lads to be banned.  If you dont like it ignore it.  Simple.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

nothing worse than dry sh*tes coming on here asking for lads to be banned.  If you dont like it ignore it.  Simple.  

Who are you talking about? It would seem that there have been zero requests to ban people! I've only seen requests to bring back javier...

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:19pm
nothing worse than dry sh*tes coming on here complaining about lads asking for lads to be banned. If you don't like it ignore it. Simple. 

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Folks 

Regards

Gazh 

Hans Moleman is like trap junior but at least I kinda found traps whining funny, and takes all the threads off topic / on a tangent. just needs to chill out.

Miss Javier though, can someone bring him back?

Javier is alive and well under the new alias Paul Andrew White LOL

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: theworm2345
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 4:58pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Someone once told me, "a prophet is never recognized in his own time"...

-------------
http://www.globalsportsarchive.com/competitions/soccer/" rel="nofollow - League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 8:24pm
Just checked my PM's and we have 6 names. Actions will be carried out tonight. 

Regards 

Mr E 

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 8:35pm

Regards 

Mr E 

Doc was named twice so Big smile

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 8:45pm
Moleman about four times...

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 8:55pm

Regards 

Mr E 

You not out walking  

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:06pm

Regards 

Mr E 

You not out walking  

LOL It's running nowadays. Rocky Marshmellow has to keep fit Clap

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:23pm

Regards 

Mr E 

You not out walking  

LOL It's running nowadays. Rocky Marshmellow has to keep fit Clap
You go for it forest LOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net