Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57091
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:06am

Topic: FAI Cup 19/20
Subject: FAI Cup 19/20
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 7:44pm
Drogheda United v Avondale United Derry City v Wexford St. Michael's v Glengad United Longford Town v Athlone Town Glebe North v Sligo Rovers Cobh Ramblers v Dundalk Crumlin United v Malahide United Collinstown v Galway United
Bohemians v Shelbourne Cabinteely v Cork City Maynooth University Town v Waterford Lucan United v Killester Donnycarney St. Patrick's Ath v Bray Wanderers Cobh Wanderers v Limerick Shamrock Rovers v Finn Harps UCD v Letterkenny Rovers

Bohs Shels the stand out tie

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 8:16am
Draw for the next round. Radio 1, 08:35 this morning. 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 8:44am
FAI Cup quarter final draw
Galway United v Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers v UCD
Waterford v Dundalk 
Crumlin v Bohemians

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 8:48am
Conway a no show on rte for the draw, embarrassing shower of ****s not even turning up to their own cup draw. 

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:22am
Shocking behavior from Conway, they really don’t give a sh*te about Irish football

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:41am
Showing the same contempt for domestic football as his predecessor.

As for the draws, got to be happy with that. Just a pity that Rovers and Dundalk didn't draw each other.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:29pm

Showing the same contempt for domestic football as his predecessor.

As for the draws, got to be happy with that. Just a pity that Rovers and Dundalk didn't draw each other.
Thought Bozos would have wanted a Rovers/Dundalk final to ensure euro qualification......don't matter really cos Rovers will win the cup this season without a doubt.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:20pm
Unless you draw us....
Dodgy peno,1-0, you know the drill by now...

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:22pm
Question CH, re the derby on Friday, is it still parking in the square surface park on match nights??

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:28pm

Question CH, re the derby on Friday, is it still parking in the square surface park on match nights??
2 hours free, then €2 per hour after that....

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:32pm

Has this not changed in the last few weeks? I thought I saw it somewhere 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:33pm

that is the change

I went to their game v Apollan and it was completely free to park at the Pyramid

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 5:05pm
Can you still park on the road beside the Maldron?

Posted By: culliano
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 6:27pm
no dont park there 2 of my mates got fines for parking there after the last bohs match.they'd been parking there for years 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 7:25pm

that is the change

I went to their game v Apollan and it was completely free to park at the Pyramid
Cheers Thumbs Up

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 8:35pm
By the time match is over barriers are lifted 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:58pm

FAI Cup quarter final draw
Galway United v Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers v UCD
Waterford v Dundalk 
Crumlin v Bohemians

That's Waterfords cup run over for another season 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 10:08pm
Shams
Sligo
Dundalk
Bohs

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 10:11pm
I would like to see Rovers win it, just as long as it isn’t Shams.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

as per my post, they are now charging after the first two hours. Unless they are still lifting the barriers without publicising it, then its queue up and pay for parking. Only changed a few weeks ago.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by culliano culliano wrote:

no dont park there 2 of my mates got fines for parking there after the last bohs match.they'd been parking there for years 
Yeah I parked up there for a WNT game and as I walked away from the car I noticed cars already there had SDCC parking fines for obstructing traffic so I obviously had to move it.

Posted By: Los Aros
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 3:56pm

as per my post, they are now charging after the first two hours. Unless they are still lifting the barriers without publicising it, then its queue up and pay for parking. Only changed a few weeks ago.

You can go to the customer service desk inside the Square and buy a prepaid ticket before the game to avoid the queues after.

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

You can go to the customer service desk inside the Square and buy a prepaid ticket before the game to avoid the queues after.
Cheers, handy option Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 8:09pm

Cheers that’s the plan so thanks for that, as well be held back at least a half hour less queuing is good!Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 8:44am
Vinny Perth complaining about a potential delay to the Dundalk Waterford tie LOLLOL

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:18am

cheers

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:37am

Vinny Perth complaining about a potential delay to the Dundalk Waterford tie LOLLOL

Damn right, imagine postponing an FAI cup game for some Scottish wafer cup b tournament thingy

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:45am

Damn right, imagine postponing an FAI cup game for some Scottish wafer cup b tournament thingy
Imagine the whole league and cup program postponed and delayed for 5 seasons to facilitate Dundalk in Europe. 

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:51am

Has to be a wind up from Vinny. If he wants games played at their initial scheduled time, he can have them...

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:18pm

Imagine the whole league and cup program postponed and delayed for 5 seasons to facilitate Dundalk in Europe. 

Makes a lot more sense than the wafer cup! Sure you lot even decided it wasn't worth it last year and pulled out of it!

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 4:30pm

Makes a lot more sense than the wafer cup! Sure you lot even decided it wasn't worth it last year and pulled out of it!

None of it makes sense unless you follow Dundalk. We are making sacrifices for Dundalk to go further in Europe, the benefit of which will be seen by Dundalk. 

So it doesnt matter if its the Champions League, Europa League, Scottish Challenge Cup, All-Island Priests Over 75s, when the benefit is seen by one team, and the rest of the league is made to bend over backwards for that team, them complaining about the shoe being on the other foot is rich indeed.

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 5:26pm

It was this year, 2019, Bohemians didn't complete their fixtures.  Although it was continously mismanaged winter season 2018/19 from them.

How come some people mention the sponsors name only to malign the football tournament?  Especially when it is an industry/product that maybe considered mild or benign.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 7:15pm
Ehhh, what the f**k???
Bohs bent over backwards to get that game done, our opposition refused as they were going on the piss instead. We were afterwards told by the FAI to pull out, despite the fact the postponement was not down to us as we DONT control the f**king weather.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 8:53pm

None of it makes sense unless you follow Dundalk. We are making sacrifices for Dundalk to go further in Europe, the benefit of which will be seen by Dundalk. 

So it doesnt matter if its the Champions League, Europa League, Scottish Challenge Cup, All-Island Priests Over 75s, when the benefit is seen by one team, and the rest of the league is made to bend over backwards for that team, them complaining about the shoe being on the other foot is rich indeed.

The higher ranking games should be given preference. All that Vinny is doing is asking the FAI to see sense. And remember it wasn’t Dundalk that postponed games, it was the FAI

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:42pm
Never been in favour of facilitating Irish clubs in Europe ( Rovers included) by calling games off to assist them in prep. If you logically think about it it gives the most successful and richest clubs in the country a better chance of progressing in Europe and making even more money and on the other hand letting them have time to prepare for domestic games to keep winning all before them at home and buying the most players around to keep the status quo.The spin that success in Europe raise s the profile of the league and all other clubs benefit is really a smoke screen. Tell me, how Galway have benefited from dundalk s success in Europe.

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:48pm
Any word where the Crumlin game will be? The Iveagh grounds or Richmond I’d imagine.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 10:02pm

Never been in favour of facilitating Irish clubs in Europe ( Rovers included) by calling games off to assist them in prep. If you logically think about it it gives the most successful and richest clubs in the country a better chance of progressing in Europe and making even more money and on the other hand letting them have time to prepare for domestic games to keep winning all before them at home and buying the most players around to keep the status quo.The spin that success in Europe raise s the profile of the league and all other clubs benefit is really a smoke screen. Tell me, how Galway have benefited from dundalk s success in Europe.

You’re scaring me now son, wholeheartedly agreeing with one of you frankly worries me

Posted By: Twoinarow
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 9:34am

Has to be a wind up from Vinny. If he wants games played at their initial scheduled time, he can have them...

Bradley on the wind up today aswell in the paper giving out the FAI Cup games are getting postponed?

2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 9:56am
winding who up though? Him and vinnie just spouting noise because they can’t keep quiet leave them at it

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:22am

winding who up though? Him and vinnie just spouting noise because they can’t keep quiet leave them at it

I was messing!

Vinny or Bradley were not winding anyone up. Just said its a joke our National Cup Competition is 2nd preference to the Scottish version of the LDV Vans trophy and games should not be moved to accommodateit.

They are not wrong.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:32am
It’s a great awayday for us tbh but yeah a joke competition, the club we’re forced into it though, Long definitely was against.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:36am
Perth is being hypocritical, simple as. 

Bradley is a walking sound bite 

The real disgrace here is it makes financial sense for a club to play in the Wafer cup over our own competitions. 

The FAI giving Waterford & Bohs their backing to participate then scheduling cup games and an u21 game for the same weekend also beggars belief 

Posted By: Tony Cousins
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:47am
The rumour mill suggests that the Galway-Rovers game has not been confirmed for a particular day yet as they FAI want it on the saturday, a day Galway usually don't play on, in the hope that it helps the crowd at the Ireland u-21 game in Tallaght on the Friday night.

The whole thing is a farce. If Irish teams are going to be entered into this competition then it should be factored in when they are scheduling the league/cup.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 11:32am
Only the FAI could have us in a situation like this

1) Overseas Invitational Freindly Tournaments for teams expected not to have players on International Duty, to have teams have players on international Duty.
2) Plan a Cup/League weekend on an international Weekend.
3) Postpone Cup games in favour of International Invitational Freindly Tournaments
4) Have Potential Monday/Tuesday Refixture dates a non runner as they also clash with international duty

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 11:37am

Only the FAI could have us in a situation like this

1) Overseas Invitational Freindly Tournaments for teams expected not to have players on International Duty, to have teams have players on international Duty.
2) Plan a Cup/League weekend on an international Weekend.
3) Postpone Cup games in favour of International Invitational Freindly Tournaments
4) Have Potential Monday/Tuesday Refixture dates a non runner as they also clash with international duty

However in saying all of this for clubs, I cant knock players been part of International duty

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:41am
Semi Final draw

Roves v Dundalk
Crumlin/Boex v Shamrock

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:52am
Oh my....

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:37pm
Pity we’re not away, bigger earner for us in tallaght, and the pitch suits our lads style too. Mad scramble for tickets now I’d say,600 odd members then volunteers(60) then season tickets(250) , FAI cut of 250 or so doesn’t leave many general sale for the main stand(home). Plus the Garda will limit aways in the shed to 800, be a lot of disappointed punters!

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:36pm
The Dubiln Derby could easily attract 10,000. Gate receipts split between the 2 clubs and FAI - 40/40/20 or similar.
Rovers losing out on money through no fault of their own.

On saying that, Crumlin might agree to play in Tallaght rather then Inchicore.

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:29pm
Yeah this drawing home and away is bollocks, rovers in tallaght for all their games the only way to go!!!
Shut up about crumlin you I’ve still got nightmares about st francisLOL

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 9:45am

The Dubiln Derby could easily attract 10,000. Gate receipts split between the 2 clubs and FAI - 40/40/20 or similar.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 11:51am

It's a shame that only 3,500 people will be at it. 10k might be optimistic, but it would definitely do over 8k.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 4:47pm

It's a shame that only 3,500 people will be at it. 10k might be optimistic, but it would definitely do over 8k.

I wonder what numbers a bohs rovers final would do in the Aviva. Surely would bring out a lot of interested people in Dublin

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 8:47am
Anyone got a spare code they aren't using for this

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 9:28am
[QUOTE=greenlad]Anyone got a spare code they aren't using for this[/QUOT
Sorted now

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 8:55pm
many neutrals planning on going?

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 9:27pm
Aye, a couple of us and a good few more.

A decent proportion of season ticket holders live in Dublin and there's little enough reason not to go.

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 9:16am
I’d usually head over as a neutral but I tend to give the final a miss when that lot are in it. Last one I was at involving them was happily a Galway victoryTongue
Up the lilies and all that

Posted By: Funsize Crouchy
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 10:35am
anyone have issues getting premium tickets with the season ticket?

would only let me select tickets for the upper tier not the premium level.

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 10:52am
Annoys me the way they sell tickets for this, no brainer to pack the lower tier before selling the upper. 

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:01pm
Anyone got a spare with their season ticket that they're not using? I've only got one season ticket now and I want to bring my daughter to the game. 

Send me a PM if you can help me out.

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 6:58pm
Frankie I may be getting a couple of freebies Monday , if I do I’ll pass them on, not definite though.

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 8:00pm
The

Frankie I may be getting a couple of freebies Monday , if I do I’ll pass them on, not definite though.
Sound. Nice one Billy.

Posted By: Fatnacho
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 9:54pm
Anyone got a spare for Block 308? Can offer 2 tickets for the New Zealand game in exchange if it suits

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 10:52pm

many neutrals planning on going?
I'm organising a bus load of lads from u18 group I'm with to head up. Looking forward to it 👍

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
We've some spares we are selling for premium level for €10 each. Tickets can be emailed over to you, send us a pm 

Posted By: boots9
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

anyone have issues getting premium tickets with the season ticket?

would only let me select tickets for the upper tier not the premium level.

I had the same problem, my tickets are for upper tier. Does anyone know if you can get into premium with these tickets?

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 11:32am
The ticket will only scan in the stiles its meant to. You can hardly just rock up to any section of your choosing and stroll in.... presumably the premium tickets set aside for ST holders were all issued so they then issued upper tier tickets. 

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 12:15pm
Any takers have a spare Premium Ticket BLK320, PM address and I will post it onThumbs Up

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 2:27pm

The ticket will only scan in the stiles its meant to. You can hardly just rock up to any section of your choosing and stroll in.... presumably the premium tickets set aside for ST holders were all issued so they then issued upper tier tickets. 

Think that was the case before? I thought last year I just used my season ticket (could be wrong though). I think I remember just picking any section I wanted and strolling in to it too

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 2:44pm

Think that was the case before? I thought last year I just used my season ticket (could be wrong though). I think I remember just picking any section I wanted and strolling in to it too
Previous years you just went up to the premium section with you ST and strolled in. They didnt work on the usual stiles you’d use for Ireland matches 

This year you got an email with a code to download and print a ticket which is block specific. Demand is increasing and the PL is now full hence why some lads got upper level instead.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 2:53pm

Previous years you just went up to the premium section with you ST and strolled in. They didnt work on the usual stiles you’d use for Ireland matches 

This year you got an email with a code to download and print a ticket which is block specific. Demand is increasing and the PL is now full hence why some lads got upper level instead.

Ah yeah I'm with you now - thought you meant the process for this year was the same last year.

Looking forward to it now. Should be a good crowd

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 3:04pm

Ah yeah I'm with you now - thought you meant the process for this year was the same last year.

yeah hope fully a good day. Qman will be in attendanceClap

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 6:20pm

Any takers have a spare Premium Ticket BLK320, PM address and I will post it onThumbs Up

Ticket gone!

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 7:38pm

yeah hope fully a good day. Qman will be in attendanceClap

Once the scum on both sides dont start any sh*t beforehand it should be great day

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 8:06pm
What sort of crowd is expected?

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 8:13pm

I was up in the rovers shop yesterday, they only had rovers section tickets left in one block in the south upper. On Ticketmaster there were only 4 blocks left. 
I dont know another reason why they wouldn't release tickets for other blocks. 
So I'd say it'll be a fairly big house, depending on how many ST make use of their ticket of course. 
Guess would be 39,583

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 8:23pm
if anyone has a spare premium ticket I’m looking for one for a mate

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 9:01pm
The FAI have banned every under age game, including friendlies in the hope that players come to the final.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 10:25pm
so a load of ST holders are going to be caught out on the day. This should be interesting.

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 12:26am
Chris Shields suspended

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:20am

so a load of ST holders are going to be caught out on the day. This should be interesting.
Not if they read their email. 

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:34am
They will also have to understand it. 

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Chris Shields suspended

Shambolic f**k up by the club, booked in a nothing game

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:43am

They will also have to understand it. 
Very true and given what we read on here on a daily basis, TJ could in fact be correct.

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:55am

I was up in the rovers shop yesterday, they only had rovers section tickets left in one block in the south upper. On Ticketmaster there were only 4 blocks left. 
So I'd say it'll be a fairly big house, depending on how many ST make use of their ticket of course. 
Guess would be 39,583

I reckon about 40k too, which would be great in fairness

Hope Dundalk stuff them Clap

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 10:46am
We got tickets for the premium section. I assume that section will be mixed? 

Will there be plenty of neutrals at this game?  

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 10:58am

Guess would be 39,583

I fear with Shields being suspended, it would make them favourites! he's the only player we dont have cover for

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 12:49pm

Guess would be 39,583

I fear with Shields being suspended, it would make them favourites! he's the only player we dont have cover for
One player missing and we are favourites. Wink Are you not the best LOI team ever ?

Posted By: kevj266
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 12:58pm

What's the process for getting a ticket with your season ticket? The fella that gets the emails for my season ticket isn't answering me LOL

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by kevj266 kevj266 wrote:

What's the process for getting a ticket with your season ticket? The fella that gets the emails for my season ticket isn't answering me LOL

The deadline to download your ticket was last Friday. 

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 1:24pm
Have to congratulate the FAI for their wonderful promotion of Sunday's final. Getting to the stage where i'm actually fed up with the incessant tv and radio ads. I heard Noel Mooney on the RTE podcast last week saying they were going to ramp thinks up this week. I was a bit unsure but he was through to his word. Good work fellas.

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 1:47pm

Guess would be 39,583

One player missing and we are favourites. Wink Are you not the best LOI team ever ?

Nope wer still favs. Be interesting see what our midfield will be. Could be anything but more than likely a choice of 
Hoare Benson McEleney McGrath Duffy 
or
Murray Benson McEleney McGrath Duffy

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 2:01pm

Guess would be 39,583

We are, but the one time we didn't beat you this season was the day he went off injured.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:27am
RTE Sports on-line Soccer page displays 8 featured stories - not one mention of them about Sunday's Cup Finals.

Official Ireland suppressing the LOI as per.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 10:17am

RTE Sports on-line Soccer page displays 8 featured stories - not one mention of them about Sunday's Cup Finals.

Official Ireland suppressing the LOI as per.

A good example of RTE's ineptness, barely promoting an event which one of its channels is showing live. 

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 11:56am
Still have some of those premium level tickets left, Block 314. €10 - tickets will be emailed to you 

Posted By: Fatnacho
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:39pm

Still have some of those premium level tickets left, Block 314. €10 - tickets will be emailed to you 
Sent you a PM yesterday.Will take one off your hands

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
Harsh on Shields. But madness to play him against Cork if it was known he'd be at risk. 

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Sent you a PM yesterday.Will take one off your hands

sorry replied there