URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56983
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 5:00pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hair Loss tattoo?
Posted By: MaxV
Subject: Hair Loss tattoo?
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:19pm
Hey,
Seen this new thing called a hair loss tattoo on facebook recently and though it looks interesting.

Has anyone had it done or what are your thoughts, been bald for 10 years and wouldn't mind having my hairline back.

Any comments?

Replies:
Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by MaxV MaxV wrote:

Hey,
Seen this new thing called a hair loss tattoo on facebook recently and though it looks interesting.

Has anyone had it done or what are your thoughts, been bald for 10 years and wouldn't mind having my hairline back.

Any comments?

My friends missis does it. She starred just doing eyebrows then lads started appearing. Seems to be a thing now 

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:49pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOtVMoxEx3I" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOtVMoxEx3I

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:58pm
Place does it in Malahide, might go and see it in person and see how good it looks, could look different in person.

some of these guys look so much better in the videos though
https://skalp.com/videos/

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 4:48pm
give BSM a PM. he will put u right 

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:44pm
Let us know how you get on Max, and if they'll do a special YBIG deal

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 6:42pm
so rather than have a sheen on your head you have something that resembles a 1 all over? 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 6:46pm
Might look like a one all over, might look like an eejit who has used permanent marker all over his head.

Also, it means you have to keep the sides shaved at a one all over level, which sort of defeats the whole thing. It requires even more maintenance than being bald, as the difference would be more readily noticeable.

In short, it's f**king stupid.

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:13pm
Not just buy a nice hat LOL

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:34pm
ffs ridiculous  LOL

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:41pm
Didn't Walter Zenga do something like this for his beard?

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 8:49pm
I'm going to stick with my wig collection. Blonde one day, brunette the next. Tremendous.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:17am
Pal of mine is getting one of those quiffs put on. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:07am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Pal of mine is getting one of those quiffs put on. 

Dubs Thumbs Down

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:09am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Didn't Walter Zenga do something like this for his beard?
He had a henna beard that made him look like a Lego man.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:14am

Has anyone on here got the hair restoration procedure? I've met a few lads who have had it done in the last year or so and they have sensational full thick barnets now. My Turkish barber actually started giving it the hard sell a while ago also. He had the full brochures and price lists for the trip to his pals place in Turkey. He is clearly taking progressive steps to safeguard his future assets I.E. his clients hair. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:20am
The fact you can tell straight away should be enough for anybody to say no. Go bald gracefully, shave it off and accept it!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:24am
I had a good look into hair transplants and you never get the result you expect, seen a few in person too, do not look good. You can only take the hair out the back of your head and move it to the front, they can only take out 1000 to 4000 hairs, if your already bald you would need 50,000 hairs to make it look like a head of hair. So looks super patchy and thin.

This hair tattoo thing looks a better option, yes you would have to keep the sides short but you look like you have a hairline again. I shave the back and sides every 3 days anywhere so it would be no different, I would just now look like I have a shaved head instead of a bald head, it's a no brainer. the guys saying don't bother just be bald are just kidding themselves, of course if they had a choice between no hairline or having a hairline they would choice hairline every time!!!

I'll see if they will give a group discount haha

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:25am
Are you all saying the picture at the top the guy looks better on the left to the right? have people gone insane?

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The fact you can tell straight away should be enough for anybody to say no. Go bald gracefully, shave it off and accept it!

No one wants to be a slap head. If people can get their horrible delph sorted then why not get the hairline done also. I might get a tattoo of a six pack and well defined pecs while I'm there. Possibly arrange for a flute enlargement too. Come back like the Bionic man. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:43am
Get a wig and keep your wignity.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:31pm
Max says they'll do a promotional deal lads. Just enter the code 'MINTY' when making an appointment for 25% off

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Max says they'll do a promotional deal lads. Just enter the code 'MINTY' when making an appointment for 25% off

LOLLOL 

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:50pm

Are you all saying the picture at the top the guy looks better on the left to the right? have people gone insane?

Yes, yes we have 

MaxV does your salon do these type of tatooes? Stick an Ireland hat on the lawn mower man and you'd be quids in with the YBIG  Heart

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:52pm
Can ye draw little bunnies on top of the head? They would look like hares from a distance.

-------------

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:11pm

Is this a wind up max or have you gone insane??

you're bald and that it, read a self help book or something

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:44pm
Sorry I want to look good, living under a hat or reading a self help book will not help with that.

I know most peoples reaction is embrace being bald, be a man, I'm afraid there is nothing manly about being bald and looking 10 years older than you actually are, there is just baldness no manliness.
That's like saying to every woman just don't wear makeup be a woman!

Funny how nobody answers with the picture on the left looks better because it's obvious he doesn't look better bald.

By the way I don't work for anywhere that does this tattoo, I'm just someone thinking about getting it done.

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:30pm
None of my brothers are bald. My father isn't bald.  My grandfathers aren't bald. None of my cousins, except one, is bald, and I'm pretty sure he didn't get that from my side of the family.

Up until a year ago, I had a full head of hair. But since then, I've noticed a bit of thinning at the hairline. I'm not visibly going bald in any way yet, but when I comb my fringe up I can see more scalp than I used to after applying all the hair products. However, you wouldn't notice anything if I left my hair unkempt.

I don't know if my hair is receding or if it's maturing or if I'm just being paranoid. I'm also a hypochondriac.

Getting my hair cut for the first time in 5 months and dreading what it will look like when I get it shaved.

32 for reference.

IDK what I'd do if I started losing my hair TBH. I assume these things cost a couple of grand minimum.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:47pm
I've a slight birds nest going on but it hasnt changed much for years and a bit of thinning at the front. If i keep what i have for another ten years id be happy but any rapid thinning and id go see about a transplant. 

Similar to my own aul boy but have read that it's the mothers side and all her brothers would be baldies. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:48pm
f**k sake just shave it off if you are going bald.  Who gives a sh*t anyway.  Far more important things to worry about than losing your hair, fair enough if you are a woman that must be tough. 

Fair play to the scientist in this regard 👏👏👏

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:49pm
Lad I work has had 2 transplants. Spent about 10 grand. Don’t think it looks great,definitely not worth it imo

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

f**k sake just shave it off if you are going bald.  Who gives a sh*t anyway.  Far more important things to worry about than losing your hair, fair enough if you are a woman that must be tough. 

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:51pm

Hard man Baldrick. So what if lads want to do something about keeping hair, none of your business. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Lad I work has had 2 transplants. Spent about 10 grand. Don’t think it looks great,definitely not worth it imo

I know a lad that got it done in some place in Grange Clinic Donaghmede for 5k and it's a brilliant job. Very f**king painful he said. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:53pm

Hard man Baldrick. So what if lads want to do something about keeping hair, none of your business. 

I agree it’s none of my business,  just think it’s mad and far more important things to be worrying about.  Any bald lads who embrace it are far better for it imo. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:55pm

I agree it’s none of my business,  just think it’s mad and far more important things to be worrying about.  Any bald lads who embrace it are far better for it imo. 

From my own experience of shaving my head, it's not a look i'd be happy with. 

Id be getting a syrup or a transplant. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:58pm

From my own experience of shaving my head, it's not a look i'd be happy with. 

Id be getting a syrup or a transplant. 

Stick your photo into one of those apps and post it up here and we will offer our verdicts 😀

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:00pm

A mate of mine got it done, not a great job. 

Shave it off. Like myself Clap

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:03pm
photo removed. Too much excitement for baldrick,. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:07pm
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:12pm
LOLLOL  Any old excuse to get a look at your Chevy chase. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:16pm
See nothing wrong with a hair transplant. My own father was bald at 22. So always thought I’d be bald myself. Seem to be holding out still at 32. Noticed alright over the last 18 months starting to go grey. But I’d be happy with that If meant keeping it. 

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:30pm
I’ve gotten very grey in the last 6 months. Especially in the oul beard 

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:39pm

I’ve gotten very grey in the last 6 months. Especially in the oul beard 
Same. Any hair I do grow is silver now, although you’ve 10 years on me 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:41pm
Hair loss tattoos look ridiculous, no issues with lads getting the weave but the tattoos are stupid looking 

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:41pm

What if you don't have anything else to worry about? Like life is great, plenty of money and I want to get rid of my bald patch. You are one sour bollix

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

What if you don't have anything else to worry about? Like life is great, plenty of money and I want to get rid of my bald patch. You are one sour bollix

LOLLOL  Personnel insults is your go to here is it 😀

What the f**k have I said that’s sour. 😀😀. Just think lads worrying about going bald is a sign of the times I suppose.  I don’t think Jack Charlton gave a f**k about going bald, although his brother probably did with his pathetic comb over.  

It’s a real 1st world worry that’s for sure. Probably a sign of insecurity but that’s a bit pop psychology.  As I said the lads that embrace it are usually better for it. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:06pm
get ‘hair loss’ translated into Chinese and get it tattooed onto your upper  arm Thumbs Up

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:11pm
I've been paranoid at times that I'm going bald at both front and back.  Front hasn't changed in years though. Sometimes I see the back of my head when in a hotel and there is a double mirror and I be like "f**k I'm going light there" but the missus would say its always like that and it's never got worse. 

What I have started getting is few grey hairs on either side and in the beard. Nothing very noticeable to others I would say but I'd day the difference between this time last year when I just started noticing it until now is a LOT  even though I would look completely dark haired now I'd say in 5 years time when  I'm 40 it will be half and half

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:18pm

What the f**k have I said that’s sour. 😀😀. Just think lads worrying about going bald is a sign of the times I suppose.  I don’t think Jack Charlton gave a f**k about going bald, although his brother probably did with his pathetic comb over.  

It’s a real 1st world worry that’s for sure. Probably a sign of insecurity but that’s a bit pop psychology.  As I said the lads that embrace it are usually better for it. 

Don't worry about it  Thumbs Up

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:23pm

Don't worry about it  Thumbs Up

I am tearing my hair out about it 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:40pm
Dunno if it's stress or what but I've thinned out a lot in the last 19 months. Covid hasn't been kind to my gruaig 😥

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 19 May 2021 at 11:40pm
You never hear anyone calling someone 'baldy conscience' any more.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 5:42am

This is a thread for Trig.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 5:45am

I've a slight birds nest going on but it hasnt changed much for years and a bit of thinning at the front. If i keep what i have for another ten years id be happy but any rapid thinning and id go see about a transplant. 

Similar to my own aul boy but have read that it's the mothers side and all her brothers would be baldies. 

I'm getting it done in a couple of months. First noticed thinning at the top when I hit 30 and it's been steadily declining since. I can cover it quite well but just getting sick of the hassle. 

The first 10 days or so after the transplant is meant to be a disaster, especially until the scabbing clears. I'll let you know how it goes.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:25am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I'm getting it done in a couple of months. First noticed thinning at the top when I hit 30 and it's been steadily declining since. I can cover it quite well but just getting sick of the hassle. 

The first 10 days or so after the transplant is meant to be a disaster, especially until the scabbing clears. I'll let you know how it goes.

Fair play and yeah do Clap

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:52am
bet you are glad you don’t have a syrup on a day like to day McG 😉

Would you go Ted Danson or Terry Wogan. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:17am
With the IG world we live in,  plastic surgery, makeup, hair transplants etc will be all the norm soon. And this is men I’m talking about. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:39am

bit of pva bonding on the oul egg...then a good lashing of Tech7. Jobs a goodun

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:41am

My barnet has been on the decline for 15 years. I’ve still got a bit left but I don’t get the chance to partake in many hair styles, I stick to the bog standard cover up job. There’s a history of slapheads on both sides of my family so I’d say I’m bolloxed. 
If I wasn’t so dangerously handsome then I probably would go down the transplant route. Instead I’ll await my fate of looking like a younger Sean Connery with grace. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:55am

You're right.

A mighty fine day for a hair loss tattoo mind.... 

This looks the job LOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:00am

What will be your first new style after you get the job done McG? 
Go all out and get a New Romantics type big floppy fringe. Or a Grease style quiff. Possibly dreadlocks. 
Make the most of it. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:05am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

What will be your first new style after you get the job done McG? 
Go all out and get a New Romantics type big floppy fringe. Or a Grease style quiff. Possibly dreadlocks. 
Make the most of it. 

Huntacha is first up MC. My lionel is hanging in there so dont need to hit the big red button just yet. Just under a strong bulb i have a bit of the kenny cunningham going on 

But if i did.... i'd go all flock of seagulls for sure

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:30am

I think I'll go for the James Dean. I'll probably aim for his signature look when he was in his pomp rather than his lifeless decomposed current effort which is more similar to my own style presently.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:52am
Quite a few baldies on here i think , now  if you worry about it shave it all off would be the way to go as long as you have a good shaped head if you know what i mean .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:57pm

Fair play and yeah do Clap

Have been to a few consultations in different places and the general consensus seems to be that if you've a thick enough donor area (back of your head where the follicles will be taken from and then implanted), then the finished article should be good. 

It's definitely growing in popularity these days. I think they're even offering flights and accommodation with their packages in Turkey LOL

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:14pm
An old friend of mine and 10+ of his mates did a package to Turkey. 
I met him a while ago and asked him whether he was still going ahead with the hair transplant, he said he already had the transplant LOLEmbarrassed

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:15pm
LOL

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:36pm

Smileys barbers in Crumlin used to organise packages to Turkey.
They possibly still do. There I was waiting for my turn and one of the lads identified me as a slap head in progress. He makes a beeline for me and hands over a hardback folder outlining the transplant services complete with customer references. You wouldn’t want to be sensitive. I suppose they are just protecting their future business model. No sense for them having a load of baldies in the neighbourhood. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 2:49pm

My barnet has been on the decline for 15 years. I’ve still got a bit left but I don’t get the chance to partake in many hair styles, I stick to the bog standard cover up job. There’s a history of slapheads on both sides of my family so I’d say I’m bolloxed. 
If I wasn’t so dangerously handsome then I probably would go down the transplant route. Instead I’ll await my fate of looking like a younger Sean Connery with grace. 

The Bobby Charlton then Cool

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:08pm
On holiday in Istanbul a few years ago and the amount of scabby heads walking around the place was crazy. That and females with plasters covering the nose job.
Never knew how popular it was over there.
My brother got a hair transplant a few years ago on the back, starting to show again already. 

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

On holiday in Istanbul a few years ago and the amount of scabby heads walking around the place was crazy. That and females with plasters covering the nose job.
Never knew how popular it was over there.
My brother got a hair transplant a few years ago on the back, starting to show again already. 

WHAT!  He was okay on top and sides but was losing it at the back? 

-------------

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:19pm

Smileys barbers in Crumlin used to organise packages to Turkey.
They possibly still do. There I was waiting for my turn and one of the lads identified me as a slap head in progress. He makes a beeline for me and hands over a hardback folder outlining the transplant services complete with customer references. You wouldn’t want to be sensitive. I suppose they are just protecting their future business model. No sense for them having a load of baldies in the neighbourhood. 

What a way to put it LOL

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I met him a while ago and asked him whether he was still going ahead with the hair transplant, he said he already had the transplant LOLEmbarrassed

LOL

Have heard some stories about bad ones, hair being inserted incorrectly so it starts growing in a different direction to the rest of the hair LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:59pm
A pal of mine got it done on the front of his head, now the crown needs a job. Is it seriously near 10k for this procedure?

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

Have heard some stories about bad ones, hair being inserted incorrectly so it starts growing in a different direction to the rest of the hair LOL

Didn’t Rooney have to have a second one as the first one didn’t work out. 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 7:52am
Had this done 2 weeks ago. For context, 34, father and 2 grandfathers are bald. Always have a fairly thick head of hair until I first noticed thinning at the top when I hit 30. I'd have a similar hair pattern to my maternal grandfather, and was going bald in a similar manner to how he has ended up.

As for the surgery itself, it's a long aul day, 8 - 5:30 job. First hour is marking out where the grafts will be implanted and getting your head shaved. Main part of the surgery started at 9am. Local anesthetic is applied to the top of the head and then the incisions for the grafts are made. Then you spend about 2 & 1/2 -3 hours lying on your front while they take the grafts from the back of your head. By far the most uncomfortable part of the surgery because of the position of your head during this part. Having the grafts taken is almost like having your head shaved, but with a -2 or a -3 blade, as skin is being taken away with the grafts too.

It's a relatively painless procedure, the needles for the local anesthetic are the sorest part (especially at the back of the head/upper part of your neck), but you can't feel a thing throughout the implantation of the follicles, grafts being extracted, or the incisions at the start.

It was a very tidy job. The scabbing on the head wasn't too bad at all, a lot less than I expected. But you can do nothing for 2 weeks while you wait for the scabs to be removed on the 12th or 13th day after the procedure. You can't really wear a hat either, or if you do, it can't be touching the top of your head.

Once the scabs were washed off, it just looked like I had a 1 all over. Very happy with the hairline and the density at the top of the head. I had 2600 grafts overall. Unfortunately, the implanted hairs will fall out in about 2 weeks time, but this is normal and has to happen before they can properly start to re-grow. By Christmas, I'm not expecting to have a full head of hair, most likely it'll be a 3 or a 4 all over at that stage. Probably around March/April/May before I have full regrowth, but it all depends on the individual, and how you look after it in the month after procedure.

Just a few things they said to me about washing my hair which might help others. Never wash your hair with hot water, use baby shampoo instead of others, and stop taking protein as it can increase the rate of hair loss (haven't read this last point anywhere else, but the doctor was fairly insistent on this).

I'd be very wary of going to Turkey for one. I know there have been good ones and bad ones, and it all depends on your potential for hair regrowth, but it's the aftercare I'd be concerned with. I can't imagine flying in the days after you get it done will be any good for the implanted hairs, never mind the back of your head healing. It's handy to be living in the place where you get it done, because at least you'll have access to proper follow-up consultations, etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 8:56am
Fair play. Although as first i thought you went for the tattoo.

Any chance of before pics, middle and eventually after?

There is a place near me in Donaghmede that does this and a lad i know has had a brilliant job done. The only thing is, he said he can never put product in it or wear a hat really. Did you say you were in the UAE?

I've a grand head of hair, just a slight birds nest at the back. Would love to get that filled in.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:52am

Just a few things they said to me about washing my hair which might help others. Never wash your hair with hot water, use baby shampoo instead of others, and stop taking protein as it can increase the rate of hair loss (haven't read this last point anywhere else, but the doctor was fairly insistent on this).

When you say 'stop taking protein' do you mean protein shakes or what?

I've alopecia and can wake up with a bald patch at the back of my head out of nowhere - facial hair has been decimated and body hair too. I was told to eat lots of protein as it aids hair growth so was surprised to read that

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:58pm
Ye protein supplementation. Had been doing a fair bit of research prior to getting it done and have had other consultations, but that was the first time I'd heard that about protein intake. The doctor said it was because it boosts testosterone levels but there seems to be conflicting studies about whether it does or not.

The general consensus seems to be that if it's hereditary, then protein supplements are best avoided.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:04pm

Fair play. Although as first i thought you went for the tattoo.

Any chance of before pics, middle and eventually after?

There is a place near me in Donaghmede that does this and a lad i know has had a brilliant job done. The only thing is, he said he can never put product in it or wear a hat really. Did you say you were in the UAE?

I've a grand head of hair, just a slight birds nest at the back. Would love to get that filled in.

LOL

I can DM you the pics, I'll hold off until it grows back and send them together for better comparison.

I had consultations where they said they wouldn't fill in the crown area but the place I got it done in filled in that area so it can be done. 

Ye I'm based in the UAE. I'm not sure on the pricing back home (I think Blackrock Hair Restoration is pricey enough though) but it cost roughly 3500e over here. Cosmetic surgery is actually reasonably priced over here because of the amount of clinics that do it and the amount of qualified surgeons in those areas. 

It's cheaper than going to Turkey which was another reason I never looked in to it over there.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I've alopecia and can wake up with a bald patch at the back of my head out of nowhere - facial hair has been decimated and body hair too. I was told to eat lots of protein as it aids hair growth so was surprised to read that

I posted in the beard thread about a patch appeared out of nowhere in my beard. Is there any good recommendation on what to do, who to see?

I am hairy all over my body (in an unattractive way) but this patch on my beard appears to be the only spot. Afraid it will get worse or spread to other parts (at the moment I'm kind of getting away with it as it is nestled into the part on my neck that I shave every few days anyway to keep the shape of my beard around my jaw line, it's only noticeable if I leave it for more than 3 days)

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I posted in the beard thread about a patch appeared out of nowhere in my beard. Is there any good recommendation on what to do, who to see?

I am hairy all over my body (in an unattractive way) but this patch on my beard appears to be the only spot. Afraid it will get worse or spread to other parts (at the moment I'm kind of getting away with it as it is nestled into the part on my neck that I shave every few days anyway to keep the shape of my beard around my jaw line, it's only noticeable if I leave it for more than 3 days)

I've had a bald patch on the right side of my jaw for as long as I can remember, I never really gave it much thought, but now I notice that left side of my face is very bare compared to the right side and there are loads of small patches where nothing seems to be growing.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I've had a bald patch on the right side of my jaw for as long as I can remember, I never really gave it much thought, but now I notice that left side of my face is very bare compared to the right side and there are loads of small patches where nothing seems to be growing.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:34pm
It's killing me but LOL.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 2:14pm

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 4:00pm

That's how it stated with me Andy about 7 years ago and then spread all over my beard, down across my chest, eyelashes and eyebrows and hair on my head. I know other people that got the spot on the beard and it just filled back in itself with no help, so it's case specific. No need to panic on it

There is currently no cure for it so any treatments you can get cannot promise anything. I was told to take hair supplements, high protein foods, and there are creams, shampoos etc you can get too

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 5:41pm

It's cancer lads, you've no more than a few weeks to live. God speed on your journeys

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 12:13pm
Anyone ever use Viviscal, im guess im doing relatively well, im 47 and in the last year 18 months have had a sh*t load of stress, and the crown has gotten visibly thin. the brother and da both have good coverage, so dont think its hereditary.

Started taking these the weekend, reviews seem mostly positive, will take a while to see any difference if there is any

-------------
Getting old and intolerant

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 6:11pm
hair loss ? Is it that much of a big deal for a guy ? 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

No, seemly the feeling of getting a hair transplant is orgasmic. 

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Not everyone can pull off the bald look like Ross Kemp.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 1:16pm
Any updates re: your facial hair loss, Andy? 

I was fussing over nothing with my hair on top but my facial hair is as patchy as all get out.

Way thicker on the right side of my face but still pubey looking. Left side of my face, there's patches everywhere where nothing grows.

I can't grow a full beard. The chin strap isn't an option. And I find it hard to shape the other facial hairstyles. 

I look better with a beard so this is really bothering me. 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 3:55pm

I was fussing over nothing with my hair on top but my facial hair is as patchy as all get out.

Way thicker on the right side of my face but still pubey looking. Left side of my face, there's patches everywhere where nothing grows.

I can't grow a full beard. The chin strap isn't an option. And I find it hard to shape the other facial hairstyles. 

Would you consider a beard wig?

https://johnblakeswigs.com/shop/facial-hair/full-beard/" rel="nofollow - https://johnblakeswigs.com/shop/facial-hair/full-beard/

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 4:10pm

https://johnblakeswigs.com/shop/facial-hair/full-beard/" rel="nofollow - https://johnblakeswigs.com/shop/facial-hair/full-beard/

I didn't know they made beard wigs!

-------------

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 7:57pm

LOL

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

LOL
Large triangle sideburns 😊

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 2:51pm

That's how it stated with me Andy about 7 years ago and then spread all over my beard, down across my chest, eyelashes and eyebrows and hair on my head. I know other people that got the spot on the beard and it just filled back in itself with no help, so it's case specific. No need to panic on it

There is currently no cure for it so any treatments you can get cannot promise anything. I was told to take hair supplements, high protein foods, and there are creams, shampoos etc you can get too

Gaz or anyone else, is there someone you would recommend to see anyway that would be able to diagnose it or advise best course of action? My patch on the beard is getting bigger. Some concerns on my crown too I might as well get looked at.

I was thinking to see a doctor first before going straight to a company who specialise in the treatment so more so looking for someone to go private, I guess a dermatologist?

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 4:22pm
Go see a quack first Andy. A good quack will then point you in the right direction of a specialist if needs be. 

How big of a patch are we talking? 5c coin? bigger?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 4:56pm

Go see a quack first Andy. A good quack will then point you in the right direction of a specialist if needs be. 

How big of a patch are we talking? 5c coin? bigger?

I'd say around a 2 euro coin now. Or more like an old 50p.
So just rock up at beacon or one of those places?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net