Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56863
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 5:54pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ireland U17s thread
Posted By: nvidic
Subject: Ireland U17s thread
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:09am
Apologies if thread on this but couldn't find it.

Host venues announced today;

Carlisle
Tallaght (2 Ireland group games)
Tolka
Whitehall
UCD
City Calling
RSC (1 Ireland group game)

Draw is April 4

Replies:
Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:30am
Tickets were supposed to go on sale Friday. 

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:00am
Nothing anywhere near the west of the country is a strange one thought they would have spread it out a bit, shocked theres nothing in TC and would have liked a game in galway.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:07am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Nothing anywhere near the west of the country is a strange one thought they would have spread it out a bit, shocked theres nothing in TC and would have liked a game in galway.

UEFA has a rule where each venue has to be within a certain radius of the team hotel, which is CityWest, surprised the RSC was and Terryland wasn't within it mind.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:11am
RSC is a 153km Deacy Park is 209km

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: daveyc
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 12:01pm
Is there a deal for ST holders?.  Thought i saw something a while back regarding entry to this

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

Is there a deal for ST holders?.  Thought i saw something a while back regarding entry to this
should be free entry, that's been the case for any underage game I've been to recently

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 9:09pm
 One game in City Calling but Ireland won't be playing. Wonder will the locals buy into that.

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: boots9
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:03am
Will the ireland season ticket just get you free entry to the ireland matches or all matches? 

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:35am
Originally posted by boots9 boots9 wrote:

Will the ireland season ticket just get you free entry to the ireland matches or all matches? 

Has it been said the season ticket will be accepted for these games. With it been a uefa tournament it might not be

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: ontheball
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:56pm
At friendly at RSC V Finland, nil all at half time.  It will go to a penalty shootout irrespective of the result.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:16pm
Finns gone a goal up.

Barry the Bodhrán made his first appearance as the official under 17s Euro Finals mascot. It's all excitement here at the RSC!

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:58pm
Finishes one nil to the Finns here.

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 7:12pm
Group A: Republic of Ireland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Greece
Group B: Netherlands, France, England, Sweden
Group C: Iceland, Portugal, Hungary, Russia
Group D: Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 7:20pm
Do we have a chance to do well in this? Taking into account we're probably not going to have Parrot and some other decent players. Recent results vs Finland weren't great

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 7:31pm
Interesting that only ourselves and England have recently qualified for 17s/19s tournaments amongst our neighbors. 

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 7:37pm
Should qualify if we have all our eligble players, Parrott, Bazunu and Okoflex will all be big losses if not playing.

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 8:56pm
Done well to avoid groups B & D

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 12:30am
Tickets only a fiver. Good few games in tallaght including f2 of ireland's and the final so handy one for me. 

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:58am
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Should qualify if we have all our eligble players, Parrott, Bazunu and Okoflex will all be big losses if not playing.

Is oxoflex still playing with us or what

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Nope, he isn't. O'Brien confirmed that Bazunu will play if fit. Will know if Parrott can play after talks with Spurs over the next few weeks.

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

He hasnt played for us in over a year and hasnt played a competitive game for English either so not sure what the crack is.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 1:34pm
Personally think Parrot should play for the 19s as we’ve a very good chance of doing well in an eight team tournament. Wouldn’t be much harm with him training with the senior squad in Portugal either but I think that clashes with the 19s tournament. 

The current 17s don’t seem as good as previous years, but that may be because they’ve only played friendly games for the past few months in preparation for this tournament. 

With that being said, we should be hoping to make it out of the group stage with it being a home tournament, but it’s hard to judge the quality of other three teams in the group I think. 

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Personally think Parrot should play for the 19s as we’ve a very good chance of doing well in an eight team tournament. Wouldn’t be much harm with him training with the senior squad in Portugal either but I think that clashes with the 19s tournament. 

The current 17s don’t seem as good as previous years, but that may be because they’ve only played friendly games for the past few months in preparation for this tournament. 

With that being said, we should be hoping to make it out of the group stage with it being a home tournament, but it’s hard to judge the quality of other three teams in the group I think. 

u17s Euros is first 2 weeks of May.

Senior training camp in last 2 weeks of May.

Toulon Tournament is first 2 weeks of June.

u19s Euros is last 2 weeks of July.

Parrot is currently injured however and Colin O'Brien said yesterday doesn't think he'll be available for the u17s.

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Considering tournment hosts are always A1, we did yeah LOL

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 1:57pm
Sean McEvoy club Ballinamallard are in the IFA cup final.  Wonder will he be released to play in cup final if he makes the squad.

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 4:40pm

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/fixtures-confirmed-for-u17-euros" rel="nofollow -
https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/fixtures-confirmed-for-u17-euros

1 minute ago · The fixture schedule has been finalised for the 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championships in the Republic of Ireland with games running from May 3-19.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:05am
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Considering tournment hosts are always A1, we did yeah LOL

LOL

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 10:26am
Qualifiers starting in Cork today with
Montenegro v Isreal in Cobh at 3pm and
Rep of Ireland V Andorra at 7.30 in Turner's Cross. 

Some of the security requests from the Isreal FA seem to be way OTT,  apparently they requested to know the religion of every staff member in the hotel, glad to say the fai rejected this request and sent them on their merry way

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Some of the security requests from the Isreal FA seem to be way OTT,  apparently they requested to know the religion of every staff member in the hotel, glad to say the fai rejected this request and sent them on their merry way

Well anti-semitism is a serious issue and isreal is very much a target.

These are children under 17 so you can blame them for being extra cautious really. 

I agree that it's an awful thing to request but that seems to be where we are at the moment. 

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Well anti-semitism is a serious issue and isreal is very much a target.

These are children under 17 so you can blame them for being extra cautious really. 

I agree that it's an awful thing to request but that seems to be where we are at the moment. 

Did you know gullible isn't in the dictionary  

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 9:41pm
Routine 6-0 win, stand out performances from Sinclair Armstrong and Ben McCormack. 

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 9:34am
Do we have a thread for the U17s?

If so can this be moved there but they just had the draw for the 2021/22 UEFA U017s and here's who we drew:

No word yet on when they are to be played but you'd have to be confident we can do well here.

EDIT
Cheers mods.

To add, top two and 4 best 3rd places advance so that should be a penalty-kick for us.

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 11:15am
So again, this seems to be the 2022 competition for players born after 1/1/05.

Before then we will have the qualifiers for the 2021 tournament in March next year. For that we are in with Slovakia, Estonia and the North with only the winners qualifying for the finals.

So between this and the under 19s we will have qualifiers for the 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 age groups taking place next year as well as the under 21 qualifiers for anyone born after 1/1/2000.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 1:03pm
would it not be the 2004 age group?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 7:40pm
The 2021 tournament will be for the 04 group. The 2022 tournament, which is what today's draw related to, is for the 05 group.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The 2021 tournament will be for the 04 group. The 2022 tournament, which is what today's draw related to, is for the 05 group.
👍

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 2:40pm
Squad announced for two games v Mexico in Turner's Cross this Sunday and Tuesday:

Some interesting names here and I'd pay in to see Zefi for sure.

Posted By: Howdo
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Squad announced for two games v Mexico in Turner's Cross this Sunday and Tuesday:

The Indo trying to stir it regarding Zefi potentially declaring for Albania, haven't heard from him, other than how proud he is to play for us

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/inter-milan-youngster-kevin-zefi-named-in-ireland-u-17-squad-for-friendly-double-header-40812104.html

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 3:12pm
Yeah, such nonsense.
Journos looking for a clickbait angle to draw in the Grealish/Rice PL supporters, and insult the intelligence of the rest of us.
The squad and upcoming games is the story so report on that FFS.

Anyway, seems we have three games in October against Poland, N. Macedonia and Andorra.
Dates and times to be finalised.  And how great would it be if the FAI broadcast them on YouTube and showed some interest...

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 3:21pm

600 tickets available for each match 

-------------

Posted By: greenshoots
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 4:51pm
Very interesting squad. Curtis and Heffernan at the back would be highly rated I think, as would Ferizaj in midfield. The real aces are up front I think, McLoughlin is with Villareal and Zefi with Inter Milan. Have I missed anyone else? Seems to be a good crop of prospects at U21 level and U19 level and defo seems to be a few here too.... Best of luck lads.

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 5:07pm
Interesting that 3 of the 20 man squad are of Albanian parentage, I don't think I've ever even met an Albanian person in Ireland. Zefi obviously the star but Ferizaj meant to be rated very highly as well.

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Interesting that 3 of the 20 man squad are of Albanian parentage, I don't think I've ever even met an Albanian person in Ireland. Zefi obviously the star but Ferizaj meant to be rated very highly as well.

Ferizaj and Zefi are cousins. He wont be long behind him moving to a big club. Himself and Curtis were on trial with Roma and Leverkusen over the summer there.

It is a bit mad theres 3 players of Albanian descent in the squad, along with so many players of African descent we've  had repent us through the various age groups but yet there been so few Polish, which is probably the biggest minority group in Ireland.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Ferizaj and Zefi are cousins. He wont be long behind him moving to a big club. Himself and Curtis were on trial with Roma and Leverkusen over the summer there.

It is a bit mad theres 3 players of Albanian descent in the squad, along with so many players of African descent we've  had repent us through the various age groups but yet there been so few Polish, which is probably the biggest minority group in Ireland.

Possible reason why so few Polish declare is that the parents tend to go back to Poland or elsewhere with the family after a few years in a lot of cases.

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 5:38pm
Poland for such a big country has never been a big exporter of top young talent so not hard to see why there's no conveyer belt for those living here.....odd thing is they always have pretty good players ...but they only seem to emerge as adults

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Possible reason why so few Polish declare is that the parents tend to go back to Poland or elsewhere with the family after a few years in a lot of cases.

Very good point.

Also thinking about it again, the Polish community only began to move here post 2000 and only really began to grown probably post 2004 when they joined the EU so a lot of their children wouldn't be really old enough yet. We might see a couple begin to emerge in next few years as they reach u15/16s and u17s level.

Where as with the African community example I gave, they began to move here a couple years earlier in the mid 90s on wards,  didn't they?

As for the Albanians, Id be guessing but they possibly moved here during the Balkans wars of the 90s / early 2000s.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 6:58pm
Yeah looking at the most recent u15s and 16s squads there and we've

Olaf Boruc (Shamrock Rovers)
Hugo Gwiazdowski (Shamrock Rovers)
Patryck Swieczka Andrzejczak (Cork City)

Off the bat, so I suspect that is the case and we'll see more over the next few years.

Couple other Latvian and Lithuanian beginning to show up too.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Very interesting squad. Curtis and Heffernan at the back would be highly rated I think, as would Ferizaj in midfield. The real aces are up front I think, McLoughlin is with Villareal and Zefi with Inter Milan. Have I missed anyone else? Seems to be a good crop of prospects at U21 level and U19 level and defo seems to be a few here too.... Best of luck lads.
Rocco Vata, only 15 if I’m correct and starts every game in the Celtic B team. It’s obviously not the best of standard but he’s playing regularly against adults at that age it should stand to him.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 8:36pm

So what you're saying is that we need to start scouting Polish youth teams for Irish born talent - not an avenue I'd have thought of before but we seem to source youth players from the strangest places these days so you'd never know.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

So what you're saying is that we need to start scouting Polish youth teams for Irish born talent - not an avenue I'd have thought of before but we seem to source youth players from the strangest places these days so you'd never know.

Not what I was implying but now that you say it, I think that’s a great idea, you never know, we might unearth an O’ Lewandowski

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 12:14pm
Here's today's team playing Mexico again:

Great showing last day so hoping for more of the same.
And fair-play to the locals for coming out in some numbers.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 5:10pm
A disappointing day for the under age sides. The U17's went down 2 nil at home to Mexico and the U21's dropped points in their qualification group with a 1-1 draw away to Luxembourg.

The U17's beat Mexico a few nights ago so they have a win and a loss from that series of games which isnt too bad.

The U21's had a great result winning away to Bosnia but left 2 points behind them today. With Italy and Sweden in our group, we really need to be winning games away to Luxembourg. Hopefully the senior team get a better result out there!

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 5:58pm
Usually the first game in these series of two at 17s level is where the first XI is played, we won that one vs Mexico so wouldn't be too concerned. 

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:14pm
U17's await their Elite Round opposition and the draw is shortly, I believe.

Meanhwhile, the draw for the next comp Qualifying round was made, and they will face the following teams in the first group stages:
Norway
Belarus
Armenia.

Same story with top two progressing and hopefully the next crop of 17's can get out of that group.

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:27pm
I would rate the U17s currently higher then the U19s if I'm being honest. Maybe I rate them too highly but I was even slightly dissapointed they didn't beat Poland and get a box seat draw so to speak in Pot 1. They were the 9th ranked team so just missed out. They should have beaten Poland inexperience and needing only a draw worked against them. 

I'd be dissapointed if they didn't qualify now as they are a decent crop. I'm happy the U19s got to the elite round which is the Top 28 teams currently as they wouldn't be as good overall as the 01/02 born lads or the 05/06 born lads in the 17s for me.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:47pm
U17's are weaker outfit though if Zefi has been moved to the U19 squad.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 1:07pm
Adam Murphy(2005) has been out injured for a while. He’ll be part of u17 team,possible captain. Top quality player who’ll make up part of the missing of Zefi

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 4:46am
My Dad is best mates with Adam's Dad, has always spoken about the quality he has. Be interesting to see how he progresses at Pats over the next couple of years.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 11:17am
U17 (and U18) 2021 review....worth a watch, and will post the links to the 19's and 21's in their threads in a sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ-20m8Tetg" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ-20m8Tetg

Interesting we'll have an U17 double-header in February in preparation for the Elite phase games in March.

Sorry, another edit - so U18's will become a competitive age-group this year.
More internationals at underage can only be a good thing, and the gap between U17 and U19 is significant, so a proper U18 setup will bridge that nicely and give more players a chance to shine on the International stage.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm
Seems like there was an U18 squad announced today for some friendlies in Feb.

Does that squad need it's own thread on here now?

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 4:02pm
Could probably combined it with this thread given Colin O'Brien is head coach of both teams.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 4:05pm

My understanding is that the 22/23 season will be the first where the U18 category will be competitive (as in, recognised underage caps and a real competition, as opposed to non-competitive/binding friendlies).

Is Colin O'Brien now the U18 manager and we will backfull the U17 coaching team?

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 4:21pm

Cant find the squad but heard a lad in my estate was called up. Decent player but couldn’t believe he got in. Big powerful lad but he’s a spoiler. Breaks things up but technically he’d be very average 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 4:36pm
I'd be interested to see the squad if anyone has a link to it

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 5:19pm
Under 17 squad - Zefi drops back down.

SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT

GOALKEEPERS

FINTAN DOHERTY | CONOR WALSH

DEFENDERS

SAM CURTIS | CATHAL HEFFERNAN DAN MCHALE | SEAN MCHALE | LUKE O'BRIEN IVAN SAVSHAK

MIDFIELDERS

JUSTIN FERIZAJ | DARIUS LIPSIUC JAMES MCMANUS, SENAN MULLEN | ADAM MURPHY | ROCCO VATA

FORWARDS

THOMAS BLOXHAM | CADEN MCLOUGHLIN MARK O'MAHONY | GIDEON TETTEH FRANCO UMEH | KEVIN ZEFI

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 5:24pm
Thomas Bloxham is a new name and I see he's played underage for the Three Lions.
Welcome aboard!

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 6:02pm

Thomas Bloxham is a new name and I see he's played underage for the Three Lions.
Welcome aboard!

LOL

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:14am
Bloxham has even captained England at U15 level before, so obviously well thought of at the time. I wonder what his connection to Ireland is?

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:27am

Bloxham has even captained England at U15 level before, so obviously well thought of at the time. I wonder what his connection to Ireland is?
He’s Harvey Neville’s second cousin.

Posted By: Fozzy B
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 1:58pm
Uefa Elite Qualifier Portugal U17 v Ireland U17 KO 3.00 pm

1.   Conor Walsh
2.   Sam Curtis
3.   Luke O'Brien
4.   Ivan Savshak
5.   Cathal Heffernan (C)
18. Darius Lipsiuc
6.   Justin Ferizaj
15. Adam Murphy
10. Roco Vata
9.   Mark O'Mahony
7.   Kevin Zefi

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 2:51pm
Very strong lineup.

get watching here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66NkR80PMU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66NkR80PMU

Posted By: Nialler
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:06pm
Had a great chance there but needed to be hit across goal. Portuguese defence look shkey

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:19pm
Bollixxxx great goal

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:19pm
1-0 down great goal it has to be said

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:20pm
1-0 Portugal. Cracking goal tbf. Had been pretty even until then.

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:20pm
Bazunu wouldn't have saved that.

Posted By: GreenDodger93
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:22pm
I watched from minute 11 up until minute 18. I seen Ireland complete 4 passes in 7 minutes and then concede... back to work 

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

I watched from minute 11 up until minute 18. I seen Ireland complete 4 passes in 7 minutes and then concede... back to work 

Great synopsis, cheers. 

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:34pm
Zefi trying the ridiculous LOL
Our two fullbacks have been very poor and the keeper needs to speak to his defence. They are the better team since scoring, I thought we were probably edging it til then

Posted By: Banjaxed
Zefi acting the bollocks there with a rabona LOL

Maybe when you're winning, pal

Zefi is fun to watch, can beat defenders for fun.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:36pm
Portugal cutting through midfield with ease. 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:45pm
We’re doing alright, Zefi capable of magic, it doesn’t need to work every time for him, he’ll learn. 
Great header for the one ruled out for offside there 

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:48pm
I think we have butchered a few chances. They have a bit of extra quality which has been the difference. They have a couple of very good players. 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:49pm
Now that’s disappointing. Center half made a complete bollox of it 

That Bulgarian bloke looks like David Luis and also has a clanger in him like the man himself. 

Jesus he needs to be hooked. Has been AWFUL the whole half.

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

We’re doing alright, Zefi capable of magic, it doesn’t need to work every time for him, he’ll learn. 
Great header for the one ruled out for offside there 
That lad is very good in the air. Unlucky. Justin and Darius haven’t had a kick in the middle. Portugal look very dangerous. Notably much bigger and stronger looking 

-------------

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:50pm
2 down. The back line looks weak, our no.4 having a very poor game.

Posted By: Eoink21
2-0. I had thought Shavsak looked nervy but he completely misread a Portugal clearance when he was last man back, allowing a Portuguese player to collect the ball behind Shavsak and run clean through. 

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Had a great chance there but needed to be hit across goal. Portuguese defence look shkey

What a clanger by our CH..worthy of the Luiz like barnet.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:51pm
CMs and CBs looked very weak in that half.

Nobody closing down your man for the first and that cock up just there after the counter.

Portugal undoubtedly the much better team but we're better than this.

Posted By: ripbomb
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

2-0. I had thought Shavsak looked nervy but he completely misread a Portugal clearance when he was last man back, allowing a Portuguese player to collect the ball behind Shavsak and run clean through. 
Keeper didn't cover himself in glory either there 

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:54pm
Awful goal to concede. Won’t come back from that

-------------

Posted By: Heimatklange
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:56pm
 we matched them but made some very poor mistakes. zefi is going to be a superstar for us.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:56pm
Portuguese bigger & stronger in midfield. We don't look too bad in possession but need to be better in the final third. That 2nd goal is a killer though..could get ugly if we concede a third.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:05pm
Portugal clearly a good team. Our midfield has been invisible and defence prone to errors. I like our attacking players though if we could get them the ball more often we would be more likely to score.

Definitely some poor decision making in the final third. Not a chance of getting back into given how we've defended.

I don't see this team collapsing after 3 they are generally very good. We have defended poorly and our full backs have been ghosted passed a few times.

We were behind to a great goal but had done ok going forward when we did get into the final third.
They have a few very classy lads who look about 23. Their 15 looks a player playing way out of his age group.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that we get a goal before 60 and turn this back into a contest.

Heffernan has also been poor and hard to see him playing pro football like a few of these never mind for Milan.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net