URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56851
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 7:03am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: LOI Premier Division 2019
Posted By: t_rAndy
Subject: LOI Premier Division 2019
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:54am
Thread for general match talk. 

Watching the RTE highlight show, do they just have someone at all the matches with an iPhone recording the action? Some of the quality was bad 

Replies:
Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:18am
Didnt realize there is highlights show on that late.  Is Soccer Republic still going to be on Monday evenings at 7 ? Ref bottled it up in Orial last night. Should have been a red for McGinty. Not even a booking ffs. He had a brilliant game after it also. 

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Didnt realize there is highlights show on that late.  Is Soccer Republic still going to be on Monday evenings at 7 ? Ref bottled it up in Orial last night. Should have been a red for McGinty. Not even a booking ffs. He had a brilliant game after it also. 

That rule is gone, it's no longer a red if a penalty is given for a foul in the box unless it was a clear deliberate attempt to illegally stop the opponent with no attempt to play the ball. 

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:27pm
The ref was poor enough in general i though. Gave yellows for small enoug things and let go some of the major fouls. 

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

That rule is gone, it's no longer a red if a penalty is given for a foul in the box unless it was a clear deliberate attempt to illegally stop the opponent with no attempt to play the ball. 
You are joking right ? He had an open goal only for the keeper taking him out. Benson had to go off injured and the keeper saved the penalty. It was a huge disadvantage to Dundalk.

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 3:38pm
Can anyone pick a team of the week?

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:32pm

He wasn’t even booked ffs, clear goal scoring opportunity denied and benson has a fractured leg now for it

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:38pm
Benson played it wide and there were defenders going back on the line so it wasnt clear cut. Not sure how he didnt book mcginty though. Unfortunate the way benson fell. Pity for him.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Benson played it wide and there were defenders going back on the line so it wasnt clear cut. Not sure how he didnt book mcginty though. Unfortunate the way benson fell. Pity for him.
If McGinty hadn't taken him out it would have been more of a surprise if Benson didn't score. He would have f**ked up. What happened is the ref f**ked up by not taken appropriate action against McGinty. And I presume it's Benson's ankle that's broke the way the keeper went through him. Wasn't anything to do with the way he fell.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

He wasn’t even booked ffs, clear goal scoring opportunity denied and benson has a fractured leg now for it

Fractured leg was unlucky, was no malice to it and rules say its not a red, whatever about a yellow 

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:40pm
Just seen the replays of the penalty incidents from Friday night. 

The shams one could have went either way but the decision not to give us a peno was a disgrace!

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 4:32am
Ye I thought the Rovers challenge was a definite peno. 

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 1:00pm
Average attendance this season (last years in brackets)

Rovers 3707 (2749)
Derry 3508 (2297)
Bohs 3210 (2148)
Cork 3038 (4245)
Dundalk 2961 (2738)
Waterford 2473 (2329)
Pats 2374 (1621)
Sligo 2158 (1853)
Harps 1420 (780) *
UCD  806 (365) *

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 6:59pm
Improvements all around Clap

Posted By: theworm2345
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:58pm
Anyone a site to stream matches when they are broadcast by Eirsport or RTE?  The usual sites never seem to have it, though I can watch RTE via VPN.  Funnily enough the streaming sites do often have the live streams using the stadium cameras off the betting sites (which are crap anyway).

-------------
http://www.globalsportsarchive.com/competitions/soccer/" rel="nofollow - League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI

Posted By: eboue16
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 9:21pm
https://ustreamix.su/stream.php?id=eir-sport-1&token=84b-9eb-bf3-501-0fb-f00-19d-b22-ef3-ec8-f0" rel="nofollow - https://ustreamix.su/stream.php?id=eir-sport-1&token=84b-9eb-bf3-501-0fb-f00-19d-b22-ef3-ec8-f0

-------------
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 3:41am
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

https://ustreamix.su/stream.php?id=eir-sport-1&token=84b-9eb-bf3-501-0fb-f00-19d-b22-ef3-ec8-f0" rel="nofollow - https://ustreamix.su/stream.php?id=eir-sport-1&token=84b-9eb-bf3-501-0fb-f00-19d-b22-ef3-ec8-f0
Excellent, thanks

-------------
http://www.globalsportsarchive.com/competitions/soccer/" rel="nofollow - League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:14pm
https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/introducing-the-unite-the-union-champions-cup-/id-2602" rel="nofollow - https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/introducing-the-unite-the-union-champions-cup-/id-2602

-------------
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:43pm
50k for the winners, some whack of cash that

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:46pm
Linfield v Rovers, Dundalk or maybe Bohs over two legs in November...

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:48pm
That's some name for a cross-border competition.LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I had to check the date

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: Tribesman91
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:24pm
Yet another promo video with a flare and smoke bomb

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:36pm

I was thinking WTF at first when I saw the headline LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I was thinking WTF at first when I saw the headline LOL

Cross border sponsorship by the DUP and Ruth Dudley-Edwards

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:10pm
Name is horrible, prize money is unreal. Shows the potential for the kind of money an AIL may bring in some day. 

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Name is horrible, prize money is unreal. Shows the potential for the kind of money an AIL may bring in some day. 
I have always been in favour of an AIL, I think it would be great for football on the island as a whole, but I wouldn't be using the prize money as an argument for anything. The prize money for the Setanta Cup was enticing too, but it still died out with a whimper. Attendances weren't always that great in it and there was a gap in quality between the two leagues.

Although the final against Glentoran at the Cross was one of my favourite days supporting City.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:32pm

I have always been in favour of an AIL, I think it would be great for football on the island as a whole, but I wouldn't be using the prize money as an argument for anything. The prize money for the Setanta Cup was enticing too, but it still died out with a whimper. Attendances weren't always that great in it and there was a gap in quality between the two leagues.

Although the final against Glentoran at the Cross was one of my favourite days supporting City.

Ah I'm not putting it top of the list or anything just pointing out that it's a positive indicator. Glentoran match was very special. "You're Irish and you know you are" 

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:34pm

Ah I'm not putting it top of the list or anything just pointing out that it's a positive indicator. Glentoran match was very special. "You're Irish and you know you are" 
Certainly one of the best atmospheres there, probably only second to the obvious one.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:56pm
Hard to believe dundalk back top again. I was sure shams would win the league this year now im not so sure. Now i think dundalk again.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:43pm

Hard to believe dundalk back top again. I was sure shams would win the league this year now im not so sure. Now i think dundalk again.

Dundalk will win it at a canter. Only team in the league that press and harry you for the full 90. Better mix of skill and toughness in midfield. Duffy is the best player in the league. We could have played till tomorrow morning and not created anything there.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:36pm

13 point lead wiped out in 4 weeks Smile

-------------

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:46am
LiveScore seems to be adding full support for LOI, with lineup information and statistics available for some (but not all) matches over the last couple of weeks.

Date Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

LiveScore seems to be adding full support for LOI, with lineup information and statistics available for some (but not all) matches over the last couple of weeks.

I checked it last night and they'd a Bray goal up in seconds, had corner info too which I was grateful for

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 7:54pm
Stream for Bohs - Shamrock Rovers tonight
http://hdstreams.club/hd/ch4.php" rel="nofollow - http://hdstreams.club/hd/ch4.php

-------------

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:16pm
Huddersfield and Motherwell sponsored by PP. Both shirts look class with no sponsor. Limerick hurling shirt too. Will they sponsor a LOI club next? 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:29pm
Just heard during the commentary on the Dundalk - UCD match stream, regarding the Dundalk substitutes not being happy playing in the reserves: "they won't be happy playing in front of one man and his dog -- or one woman and her dog."  I knew the snowflakes were bad there (and this is coming from Chicago), but good Lord...

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:54pm
What? LOL

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:33pm
I see the PFAI announced their end of season award winners today.

Premier Division Referee of the year is Michelle O'Neill.

Number of Premier Division games refereed by Michelle O'Neill this year? 

Zero.

It's either the ultimate tokenism, or an admission that not refereeing at all is better than all the bad referees.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I see the PFAI announced their end of season award winners today.

Premier Division Referee of the year is Michelle O'Neill.

Number of Premier Division games refereed by Michelle O'Neill this year? 

Zero.

It's either the ultimate tokenism, or an admission that not refereeing at all is better than all the bad referees.
Yeah saw that alright, bizarre. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net