Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56819
Printed Date: 04 May 2024 at 9:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Done Deal
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Done Deal
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 5:51pm
Never used it.  Have only ever bought off ebay uk. 

Might be interested in buying something advertised on it but the lad is in another part of Ireland.  Is Done Deal one of those 'must meet in person' exchanges?  Too dodgy to get him to post it?  Item worth about 70 beans.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 11:25am
Image result for anyone ferris bueller gif

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:42pm
Never used DD but have bought a few jerseys on Adverts. When Ive met up, its somewhere in between where he lived and i lived although on one occasion, the lad i was buying from was working nearby to me the following week so we just met ocal to me. Otherwise ive used paypal to pay and never had any issue. Check the feedback. You can usually gauge people fairly well too by the messages and the way they conduct themselves. However, as with anything, if in doubt, or if its too good to be true, then move on.

Another option potentially, theres bound to be a ybigger nearby and if it was someone off here you knew well enough, maybe they could meet the guy on your behalf.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:06pm
I've used it to sell things. Pain the the balls most of the time as there are a lot of people who waste your time. But yeah normally you would make contact  and then determine how to complete the transaction. I've always generally got the buyer cone to me

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:07pm
Was selling a phone one time and agreed to meet in town. Got in there and phoned the person who then just started laughing done the phone. Was raging!

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Was selling a phone one time and agreed to meet in town. Got in there and phoned the person who then just started laughing done the phone. Was raging!

LOL

Bastards

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Never used DD but have bought a few jerseys on Adverts. When Ive met up, its somewhere in between where he lived and i lived although on one occasion, the lad i was buying from was working nearby to me the following week so we just met ocal to me. Otherwise ive used paypal to pay and never had any issue. Check the feedback. You can usually gauge people fairly well too by the messages and the way they conduct themselves. However, as with anything, if in doubt, or if its too good to be true, then move on.

Another option potentially, theres bound to be a ybigger nearby and if it was someone off here you knew well enough, maybe they could meet the guy on your behalf.

Would getting him to post it be a bad idea if I paid via paypal?  I didn't know you could use paypal for done deal.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Would getting him to post it be a bad idea if I paid via paypal?  I didn't know you could use paypal for done deal.
you can use paypal to pay for anything once the seller accepts it and then have him post it.

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 10:26pm
paypal can be reversed as well so be careful

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

paypal can be reversed as well so be careful
Thats the point, hes doing the buying.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 7:18am

LOLold school craic

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 9:15am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

LOLold school craic

LOLClap

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 3:16pm

LOL 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:55am
Dont really buy from Done Deal anymore, too many time wasters and no way of knowing if you're buying off someone reliable. Adverts is much better for at least being able to see feedback on sellers/buyers

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 1:47pm
Pay him on Revolut TJ

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Dont really buy from Done Deal anymore, too many time wasters and no way of knowing if you're buying off someone reliable. Adverts is much better for at least being able to see feedback on sellers/buyers

I use Adverts as well generally found the site and the users good. I always would go off the feedback and how long they have been a member 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Pay him on Revolut TJ

LOL

Or offer him 100 Bhobcoin

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 7:31pm
I have agreed to buy something on Done Deal worth 60 euro.  I asked him do I pay by paypal but he wants to give me his IBAN number.  Whats the safest way to pay and do I have any comeback if  said item fails to arrive?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:21pm

I have agreed to buy something on Done Deal worth 60 euro.  I asked him do I pay by paypal but he wants to give me his IBAN number.  Whats the safest way to pay and do I have any comeback if  said item fails to arrive?
Thats just a bank transfer you’d be doing. No comeback if it doesnt arrive other than maybe reporting it as a fraud or something to the cops.  You’ve already been told the safest way to pay, if he doesnt accept it then everything else is a risk. Either meet up in person or look elsewhere if youre not confident enough in him.

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:42pm
You buying some kinky gear TJ ?

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:58pm
Refused the bank transfer and paid via Paypal. I know paypal cover ebay purchases.  Didn't know they cover non ebay purchases.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 3:02pm

For a second I was thinking you were my buyer as I'm selling something football related for €60 and they want it posted, but I'm on Adverts.ie pfew

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net