Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56741
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 10:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Georgia-Switzerland double header
Posted By: GreenArmy!
Subject: Georgia-Switzerland double header
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:51pm
For those of you that are doing the double header, when are you flying to Switzerland?

I'm heading out to Georgia on the Wednesday, with the match being on the Saturday I'm torn on when to head to Switzerland.

An extra night in Switzerland is working out pricey and I reckon Georgia is the nicer of the two places to be in between games but if there is barely anyone left around Tbilisi by that stage it might be worth it.

Whats everyone's plan?

Replies:
Posted By: Jasonic
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:59pm
Heading to Georgia on Thursday but travelling to the moon and back to get there, so don't arrive until Friday. Haven't booked a flight out yet but plan on going to Milan and staying Sunday night there before heading to land of the cuckoo clock on the Monday.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:04pm
Flying Kutaisi to Milan on Monday 14 October for €65 (wizzair). Flight is 16:00, landing 20:25. It's still that sort of price.

Booked a twin room in a hotel in Milan for €90 for the night (€45pp), right across from the train station.

Train to Zurich or Bern is €29, Basel or Geneva is €39, on the Tuesday; I'll book that much closer to the time.

I think we'll likely get the train from Tbilisi to Kutaisi on Sunday 13 and spend the night there. It was dirt cheap the last time we were there. Like 50c a beer cheap.

-------------

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:14pm
Thinking of the same Itinerary as SD, I'll definitely stay a night in some European city between the 2.

What was Kutaisi like the last time for those who were there?

Posted By: cardwizzard
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:15pm
Tblisi to Switzerland on the Monday, think we arrive midday. Wanted to go day before game, as matchday that's alot of traveling. Plus extra day, in case things goes tits up traveling wise... I've missed odd flight or two Embarrassed

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:16pm
what a f**king ridiculous thread Confused

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Thinking of the same Itinerary as SD, I'll definitely stay a night in some European city between the 2.

An absolute sh*thole with mad taxi drivers and very few pubs. But you only need to find one and if there are a crowd of us, they'll stay open.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Not really, just making sure that my stay in Switzerland isn't too short.
It can be very frustrating when things are too short.
Am I right?

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:38pm

Stayed a night in kutaisi last time round, never been in a cheaper city, private room with ensuite at starhostel cost me €9, drank in pub barcelona for about ,.80cent a pint. National sports m is located in kutaisi too, you will need a group of ye to stay to have some sort of craic because after 9pm the place is fairly lifeless (midweek anyway).

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Am I right?

Ouch LOLLOLLOL

GA land late Thursday leave early Monday to Basel 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Joybhoy
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:52pm

Not much going on there. Is ok for a stopover but wouldn't want to be spending too much time there

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:26pm

Am I right?

So you created a thread because you couldn't make up your own mind whether your stay in Switzerland is too short? so you decide to ask random people on the internet for advice by setting a poll? are you thick?

whats next..... a thread and poll wondering is your trip too short in Gibraltar because you don't know whether to fly to Malaga or Faro and whether to rent a car or bus. Confused

Everyone's flight information is either in the Tbilisi thread or the Swiss thread. 

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Flying Kutaisi to Milan on Monday 14 October for €65 (wizzair). Flight is 16:00, landing 20:25. It's still that sort of price.

Booked a twin room in a hotel in Milan for €90 for the night (€45pp), right across from the train station.

Train to Zurich or Bern is €29, Basel or Geneva is €39, on the Tuesday; I'll book that much closer to the time.

I think we'll likely get the train from Tbilisi to Kutaisi on Sunday 13 and spend the night there. It was dirt cheap the last time we were there. Like 50c a beer cheap.

Have you decided against the Bernina express? I'm mad to see what it's like. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I did it a couple of years ago. It is spectacular.

Also, the flight only lands in Milan the Monday evening before the match. You can't get to Basel on time on the match day (Tuesday) if you go via the Bernina Express. If you want to go that way, you'll need to fly to Milan on the Sunday. You'll probably have to get like a 6am flight though, from Tbilisi to Istanbul to Milan Bergamo, with Pegasus.

There is another option: fly from Kutaisi to Roma on the Sunday, leaving 16:00, landing 18:20. You then have a good while to get from the airport to Roma Termini (30m ride, train every 15m). Then there is a night train to Milan Porta Garibaldi station, leaving 23:55 arriving 07:12. That train is €50 for a couchette, €70 for a bed in a 3 bed compartment. That gives plenty of time to get across to Milano Centrale for the 10:10 to Tirano, arriving 12:52, giving an hour and a half for lunch before the 14:25 Bernina Express. The bus to Kutaisi leaves Tbilisi at 9am, which is a bit better than having to be at the airport for 5am for an early flight.

If you want to book it, make sure you book it from Tirano to Germany via Basel with Deutsche Bahn, even if you don't use the section beyond Basel. That is easily the cheapest way from Tirano to Basel. Also make sure you book the Bernina express, the one leaving Tirano at 14:25 direct to Chur. You can book the seat reservation for the panorama coach separately for like €15 extra. It is probably worth it.

I'd probably still go with the early morning Tbilisi - Istanbul - Milan option on the Sunday with Pegasus, a night there, then onto Switzerland on Monday via the Bernina, if you do want to do it.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:34pm

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I did it a couple of years ago. It is spectacular.

Also, the flight only lands in Milan the Monday evening before the match. You can't get to Basel on time on the match day (Tuesday) if you go via the Bernina Express. If you want to go that way, you'll need to fly to Milan on the Sunday. You'll probably have to get like a 6am flight though, from Tbilisi to Istanbul to Milan Bergamo, with Pegasus.

There is another option: fly from Kutaisi to Roma on the Sunday, leaving 16:00, landing 18:20. You then have a good while to get from the airport to Roma Termini (30m ride, train every 15m). Then there is a night train to Milan Porta Garibaldi station, leaving 23:55 arriving 07:12. That train is €50 for a couchette, €70 for a bed in a 3 bed compartment. That gives plenty of time to get across to Milano Centrale for the 10:10 to Tirano, arriving 12:52, giving an hour and a half for lunch before the 14:25 Bernina Express. The bus to Kutaisi leaves Tbilisi at 9am, which is a bit better than having to be at the airport for 5am for an early flight.

If you want to book it, make sure you book it from Tirano to Germany via Basel with Deutsche Bahn, even if you don't use the section beyond Basel. That is easily the cheapest way from Tirano to Basel. Also make sure you book the Bernina express, the one leaving Tirano at 14:25 direct to Chur. You can book the seat reservation for the panorama coach separately for like €15 extra. It is probably worth it.

I'd probably still go with the early morning Tbilisi - Istanbul - Milan option on the Sunday with Pegasus, a night there, then onto Switzerland on Monday via the Bernina, if you do want to do it.

you're some man for one man haha. cheers for the info SD.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:35pm

So you created a thread because you couldn't make up your own mind whether your stay in Switzerland is too short? so you decide to ask random people on the internet for advice by setting a poll? are you thick?

whats next..... a thread and poll wondering is your trip too short in Gibraltar because you don't know whether to fly to Malaga or Faro and whether to rent a car or bus. Confused

Everyone's flight information is either in the Tbilisi thread or the Swiss thread. 
Well yeah, that was the entire point of the thread before you came in here begging for attention.

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:04pm
My list. 

Pint with the madman with the capital letters - I believe we have same criteria for Faro

Buy SD a pint because he is a legend and should have his own website. 

Grow my balls big enough to do the double header. I have the Swiss part booked up.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:20pm
On the same flight from kutaisi to Milan as superdave and spending the night their before getting the train onto Switzerland the next morning. 

Think might go up to kutaisi on the 13th and spend the night their before getting the flight on the 14th

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:57pm
Tbilisi to Kiev 13th, Kiev on to Zurich then. Train to Basel/Berne/Geneva/St Gallen/Lucerne/stay in Zurich/whatever. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:57pm
First GSpain and now GA schooling the attention seeker LOL

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

On the same flight from kutaisi to Milan as superdave and spending the night their before getting the train onto Switzerland the next morning. 

Think might go up to kutaisi on the 13th and spend the night their before getting the flight on the 14th

The fact that the 9am bus from Tbilisi is the only way of making it in time for that 4pm flight to Milan definitely works in favour of getting the train up from Tbilisi to Kutaisi the day before and spending the night in Kutaisi. The 17:50 train the evening before to Rioni station in at 21:10 is the plan, booking a taxi with the hotel to pick us up at the train station.

Word of advice: if you do plan to go up the day before, any train that stops at Rioni is good. However, there is literally nothing there, so make sure you book a taxi with your hotel and that they know what time the train is due in at. We did that last time and it was a good thing we did, otherwise we'd have been left standing there with only the stray dogs for company.

El Galeon is one of the few late night places in Kutaisi. It's a pirate themed place down on the river by one of the bridges.

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 7:06am

Well yeah, that was the entire point of the thread before you came in here begging for attention.

You tell him GA , I think it's time we had a hanging and tick tack is top of the list ,
or maybe a double life time ban well 2 months as it is on here Tongue

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

First GSpain and now GA schooling the attention seeker LOL

Embarrassed Embarrassed 

speak up there with your wannabe Dublin accent. 

the day I’m schooled by a member of Scabs of 88 and some young lad who can’t make make up his own mind that in turn has to ask some random lads on the internet will be the day I finally get to finger the queen 

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:05am

good man, at least you admit your thick Thumbs Up

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:10am
LOL

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:13am
Fly through Doha

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:30am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Fly through Doha
triffic idea Clap

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:51am
Met some lads on the last trip that had gone through Doha.

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:57pm

It's "you're" you absolute thick LOL

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:05pm
LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

It's "you're" you absolute thick LOL

the email king has awoken 

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

The fact that the 9am bus from Tbilisi is the only way of making it in time for that 4pm flight to Milan definitely works in favour of getting the train up from Tbilisi to Kutaisi the day before and spending the night in Kutaisi. The 17:50 train the evening before to Rioni station in at 21:10 is the plan, booking a taxi with the hotel to pick us up at the train station.

Word of advice: if you do plan to go up the day before, any train that stops at Rioni is good. However, there is literally nothing there, so make sure you book a taxi with your hotel and that they know what time the train is due in at. We did that last time and it was a good thing we did, otherwise we'd have been left standing there with only the stray dogs for company.

El Galeon is one of the few late night places in Kutaisi. It's a pirate themed place down on the river by one of the bridges.

Yeah will most likely take the train up the day before and stay in kutaisi for the night before flying to Milan. Stayed in kutaisi for a night last year so know what the city is like booked back into starhostel this year again

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 6:00pm
Did the bus last year Tblisi to Kutasi and was an experience. Thought I was in Brands Hatch with lots of scary driving. 
I doing the Kutasi/Milan flight so Swiss venue shouldn't make much difference, I hope :)

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:04pm
LOL Some lads to be popping off each other 

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Did the bus last year Tblisi to Kutasi and was an experience. Thought I was in Brands Hatch with lots of scary driving. 
I doing the Kutasi/Milan flight so Swiss venue shouldn't make much difference, I hope :)
Yeah makes no difference, few of us on that kutaisi to milan flight too

-------------

Posted By: Tyronebhoy
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:32pm
Tbilisi to Geneva via Istanbul on the Sunday, arrive around 1pm. If game isn't in Geneva will take a train, apparently they're excellent in Switzerland.

-------------
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:47pm
Yeah, just book well in advance on sbb.ch or it'll cost you a kidney.

-------------

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:43pm
Coming in from Vienna. Haven't booked anything to Switzerland though. Waiting for confirmation

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Missy
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:49pm
Back into Dublin  at 10 AM Sunday andctgen  direct flight to Basel matchday morning 

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 5:28pm

Yeah, just book well in advance on sbb.ch or it'll cost you a kidney.

Was going to do that, yep. Any idea how long before a journey the tickets go live online, Dave? Cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:21pm
Two months, it seems.

There are tricksy ways to book tickets with Deutsche Bahn as well six months. For instance, you can book from a place called Singen to Geneva for €34.90 with DB, and just not use the Singen to Zurich bit. However, that is liable to be more expensive, so I wouldn't bother.

If you are coming in from Austria or Germany, you can and should book it six months out. If you are only looking for a domestic Swiss train, chances are it'll make sense to wait until 2 months out.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:01pm

Two months, it seems.

There are tricksy ways to book tickets with Deutsche Bahn as well six months. For instance, you can book from a place called Singen to Geneva for €34.90 with DB, and just not use the Singen to Zurich bit. However, that is liable to be more expensive, so I wouldn't bother.

If you are coming in from Austria or Germany, you can and should book it six months out. If you are only looking for a domestic Swiss train, chances are it'll make sense to wait until 2 months out.

Thanks, appreciate itThumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:02pm

Two months, it seems.

Are those German tickets fixed to a service or can you grab any train? 

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:33pm
Fixed to a particular service, unless you pay the full price, which is madly expensive. The cheaper Austrian ones are train specific too, as are the cheap Swiss ones.

There are no cheap tickets that aren't train specific, tbh. If you are booking a train to get coming off a flight, add a few hours to be safe, or you'll be paying a fortune if you miss the one booked.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:55pm
Cheers SD👍

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Anyone come across a decent Georgia - Switzerland route lately? The Kutaisi - Milan route has gone very expensive 

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:13pm
Opodo offering flights on the Monday from £ 151stg to £ 200 decent times one way 

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Anyone come across a decent Georgia - Switzerland route lately? The Kutaisi - Milan route has gone very expensive 

Pegasus from Tbilisi to Istanbul to Geneva on Monday for about €125. Early start but not expensive. Pegasus also fly Istanbul to Basel, Zurich, Lyon, Paris and Milan, and you can get direct to Geneva from all of them for not very much, if you have an advance train ticket. Tbilisi to any of those places with Pegasus is a similar sort of price.

In terms of flights avoiding the sh*te 4:30am style Pegasus flights though, there aren't many good options left. The one I would go for would be this one with Ukraine International to Milan Bergamo via Kiev:

TBS 16:35 - 18:35 KBP 20:35 - 22:15 BGY

It is €174 to Bergamo at the minute, leaving Kiev Monday afternoon. From Bergamo to Milano Central is not much (like a fiver for the Terravision bus booked online in advance) and the train should be €40 to Geneva. A night in Milan will probably cost a fair bit less than a night in Geneva.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 9:05pm

Yeah im on that route and the two sons want to go now too, but was almost €300 each, I paid €50' they will be travelling solo to Switzerland now. I reckon that wizz flight might drop in price again though.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Yeah im on that route and the two sons want to go now too, but was almost €300 each, I paid €50' they will be travelling solo to Switzerland now. I reckon that wizz flight might drop in price again though.

Me and a mate are doing Tbilisi to Vienna. Waiting for fixture confirmation to book anything further

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 9:59pm
Wanting to do the Kiev flight and have a couple of days there. Will hold off until the venue announced I reckon.

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Can fly from Tbilisi to Milan on the Monday with Aegean airline's for €98 (has a short stopover in Athens but nothing major)

Posted By: PJIRELAND
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:23pm
There’s a few Tbilisi to Basel routes starting at 150€ on the 14th. Arriving into Basel in the afternoon the day before game so plenty of time to get to Geneva or wherever

-------------
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.

Posted By: ColemanKillybegs123
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by PJIRELAND PJIRELAND wrote:

There’s a few Tbilisi to Basel routes starting at 150€ on the 14th. Arriving into Basel in the afternoon the day before game so plenty of time to get to Geneva or wherever

Flying Tblisi to Basel, early start Monday morning but it's working out at €118 which aint bad. 

Stopover in Istanbul but into Basel at a reasonable hour. 

-------------
We're on the one road!

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:47pm
Just looking at a few other groups to see if any other teams got tricky away double headers (logistically speaking I mean). There are some handy enough ones. Wales have Hungary and Croatia as a double header, Spain have Norway and Sweden. Those are handy, with bordering countries and decent transport links.

The Scots got screwed though. Their double header is in March and they have to go to Kazakhstan and San Marino. Ouch.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 9:08pm
I just wish we had a few new trips FFS. Same old teams time and time again.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:18am
not doing georgia this time 

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: jamie2905
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:55am
Thanks for the update 

LOL

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

not doing georgia this time 
****** big rush for tickets in the last few hours **********Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:50pm
bump

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:22pm
Thurs pm -Mon am Tbilisi

Mon - wed Geneva

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Thurs pm -Mon am Tbilisi

Mon - wed Geneva
Don't forget to let us know where you are staying NR .

*That will be the place we avoid at all coats*

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:42pm
7 of us flying Monday afternoon from Kutaisi, 4 on the flight to Milan and 3 on the flight to basel, (only 40 minutes between take off times on those flights) Georgian Bus will do a private transfer but would need 16 to fill a mini bus, would there be interest if I was to enquire about same. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:48pm
Gatwick-Tbilisi-Vienna-Geneva-Dublin.

Staying in Vienna for a night. Arrving in Geneva the evening before the match

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:26pm
Dublin Istanbul Tbilisi Istanbul Dublin
Dublin Frankfurt Geneva Zurich Dublin.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:40pm

Eurostar to Paris on Monday morning then TGV from there to Geneva at noon. Necking 9 euros pints in Geneva by 4 o'clock. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:19pm
Kevin I'm in for 2 seats on bus Tbilisi Kutasi Monday if going ahead. Thanks and unlucky in Luxembourg but well done.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:44pm
[QUOTE=ProudAndLoud]Kevin I'm in for 2 seats on bus Tbilisi Kutasi Monday if going ahead. Thanks and unlucky in Luxembourg but well done.[/QUOTE
]
OK that's nine, need another 7, I'll keep you posted. 

-------------

Posted By: flaghunter
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:05pm
Best book up my flight from Tbilisi to Geneva soon.

£107 Tbilisi - Istanbul - Geneva, leaving Tuesday morning (430am) and arriving 1pm.

Anything competing with that flight?
Obviously rather arrive the day before match day.

Posted By: JayPender
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:22am
I see the deadline had passed for applying for tickets for this game. As someone who has never travelled abroad to see Ireland before this one takes my fancy purely cos its somewhere I've never been. I've not booked anything yet but how easy would it be to get a ticket out there ? Would there be any spares floating about ? 

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 2:16am
Originally posted by JayPender JayPender wrote:

I see the deadline had passed for applying for tickets for this game. As someone who has never travelled abroad to see Ireland before this one takes my fancy purely cos its somewhere I've never been. I've not booked anything yet but how easy would it be to get a ticket out there ? Would there be any spares floating about ? 
phone the ticket office tomorrow and you’ll be sorted. Neither game is over subscribed.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 12:30pm
Ticket invoices out for both now

Posted By: poznan7
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 12:38pm
what a rip off can’t believe I’ve been charged 6 euro for 3 tickets ha ha

-------------
Bring back the Holy Goalie

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:15pm
Any word on numbers applying for Georgia??

Posted By: Greenlad11
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:35pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if more people applied for Georgia than Switzerland yet you’ll have a lot more in Geneva than Georgia.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if more people applied for Georgia than Switzerland yet you’ll have a lot more in Geneva than Georgia.

should be collection in Tbilisi for Geneva for those doing the double header

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

should be collection in Tbilisi for Geneva for those doing the double header
would be handy alright although id imagine the Swiss tickets will be here in loads of time. Georgia could very well be collection over there though....

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 2:39pm
Swiss tickets are very reasonably priced considering the cost of living there. 

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Swiss tickets are very reasonably priced considering the cost of living there. 

standard tickets are but the cat 1's are €81 leave them to those not doing the double header 

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 7:30pm
I'm doing the double header with 2 others and got charged Cat 1 €81. What price are Cat 2 as they good enough for me.

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I'm doing the double header with 2 others and got charged Cat 1 €81. What price are Cat 2 as they good enough for me.
€27. Presuming those at €81 are half way line.

Assume there would be no issues giving them a shout and asking for the 27 ones 

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:22pm
Been charged €81 a ticket, even though applied for the €27 ones. Anyone else in the same boat?

Edit, just seen others charged that as well. Total with fee is €83.50 ffs LOL

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:29pm
€2 a ticket LOL

Has to be a mistake!

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:36pm
From memory were the Georgia tickets €10 last time we were there? Not even Moldova was as cheap as €2 iirc.

Posted By: conor253
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:41pm
They were €2 in 2017.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:49pm
Just checked my ticket from 2014 & 2017.

Says price 10 for 2014 and 5 for 2017, assuming thats Lari so that would be about right then. Have no memory of it being thay cheap.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Been charged €81 a ticket, even though applied for the €27 ones. Anyone else in the same boat?

Ring up and get a €27 ticket. Those 81 quid tickets will be on the half way line and not the proper away end.

Huge price difference too LOL

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 10:10pm
First time I'll actually be able to go to Georgia, with the tickets being €2, and I know people have said its cheap but didnt expect 2 quid tickets.

Heard plenty of stories from Tbilisi trips last few years 

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Ring up and get a €27 ticket. Those 81 quid tickets will be on the half way line and not the proper away end.

Have emailed them there so live in hope. Not bothering with Georgia this time round, got too much on. It is a quality place and have enjoyed both trips there previously. 

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Have emailed them there so live in hope. Not bothering with Georgia this time round, got too much on. It is a quality place and have enjoyed both trips there previously. 
Yeah like I said previously my first time to go there and have heard great stories 

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:00am
Already seeing a number of tickets for both of these games being flogged on facebook. 

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Already seeing a number of tickets for both of these games being flogged on facebook. 

What’s their excuse this far out 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:38am

In some cases, I saw no excuses offered.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:54am

Saw 1 person complaining last week that he didnt get tickets in the euro 2020 public ballot and now hes trying to get rid of tickets for October. All about points for some people 

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:59am

Are they even @ FV?

Even if they are, flogging them this far out (excuse or no excuse) and just a day after the invoices go out just stinks of points harvesting.  A few days out, they might have got away with it (eg family death/emergency) but as NR alludes, flogging them some 2 months in advance does raise suspicions that they had no notion of going to either game and just want the points for a high-demand away play-off or the tournament itself. Disapprove

Any way they could be reported to the FAI? 

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:05am
One guy even shamelessly admits he is getting the points from the FAI.

At least from what I have heard everyone that applied is getting a ticket albeit some paying for cat 1.

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:11am
I
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

At least from what I have heard everyone that applied is getting a ticket albeit some paying for cat 1.

And there’s another issue. While everyone got sorted some are paying three times more possibly because people with no intentions of travelling have taken up the cheap allocation.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:09am
€2 a ticket hummmmm not bad but I am sure Newry Rep said something that they should be no more than €1.50 , shocker ........

-------------

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:16am

Surely screen shots could be sent to the FAI and they could do some "random" checks on certain people. Look for flight details etc etc

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Surely screen shots could be sent to the FAI and they could do some "random" checks on certain people. Look for flight details etc etc

i've been away with celtic on last 2 champions league qualifiers tickets collect out there(missed sarajevo and that was the same), nothing allowed to be booked with club without seeing flight confirmation email and hotel booking 

there is always a way around these things and how would you police supporters clubs 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net