Category: International
Forum Name: Republic Of Ireland
Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56739
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 5:47pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: How many aways will you get to?
Posted By: darmack
Subject: How many aways will you get to?
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:25pm
Also which games will games will you go to?

So far the consensus seems that most people will be going to Switzerland.
Have booked Georgia and then fly to Zurich. Will wait to see about Gib and will book after the Christmas if I can.
From the usual group of about 10 people that I'd travel with only 1 person has booked Denmark. Not much of an interest in it and if there's going to be one expensive country it might as well be Switzerland.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Replies:
Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:29pm
Hopefully all 4 but could well be 3 depending on Gibraltar. The group I usually go with have all booked Denmark this morning.

Switzerland will be popular but I don't think there will be issues there Its a Tuesday night and a very expensive trip. 1800 tickets if they stick to 5% should cover all the regulars. 

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:32pm
Just doing 2. Denmark and Switzerland. 

Get in matchday into Copenhagen and will stay till Sunday. Get in day before game into Zurich and staying in Hotel Gregory Embarrassed LOL (cheap and cheerful!!)

no interest in going back to Tbilisi for the 3rd time nor going to a sh*t hole of Gibraltar or Faro if the game is played there. 

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:37pm
Will be away for Gibraltar but will try do the other three. Definitely want to go back to Tbilisi again, loved the place

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: JamieRed
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:44pm
I'll do swiss and gibraltar for sure, will do one of the other two 

-------------
Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:46pm
If Gibraltar is in faro all 4 but not spending a few hundred with no chance of a ticket in Gibraltar 

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:47pm
Swiss and Gibraltar are on my list.

Was never going to do the June Away( unless it was the second game) as I'll be going to the Cure on the 8th June.

Doing two away in October wouldn't be great for the bank balance so I just torture that by going to Switzerland (may stay in Germany or France though and travel down match day to save some spending money)

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:48pm
Georgia and Switzerland double header so long as God spares me.

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:49pm
Georgia and Gibraltar(location dependent)

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:53pm
All booked up for all except Georgia. Would love to do it again but falling on the same double header as Switzerland away. 

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:53pm
No interest in going to Georgia or Denmark (for a 3rd time).

Will defo go to Switzerland and Gibralater

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:00pm
Wont know my holidays till March so cant do a thing till then Angry but hopefully Georgia, Swizerland and Denmark. No real interest in Gibraltar/Faro even though i had holidays booked around that date

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:03pm
Two at most! Gibraltar if it’s in Faro then either one of Georgia/Switzerland, which ever is most cost friendly overall.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:05pm
Will try and do all four if I possibly can.

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:07pm
seville for gibraltar covers both options of where the game may be played with a 2 hr drive
georgia & switzerland double header a bit of a ball ache, works out cheaper to come home and do a 24 hour trip to switzerland
denmark will go again 

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Switzerland for certain. Probably do Gib as it's Micks first game, fly into Malaga and hire a car or possibly direct into Gib closer to the time out of MAN or LGW I've booked a hotel for Marbella no interest staying Gibraltar. sh*tehole

Zero interest in Georgia, possibly Copenhagen depending on work if I'm off i'll probably jump on a flight to go. 

Really?? I thought it was quality when I was there, plenty to do and see, plenty of nice wee bars and restaurants. If I wasn't away in march id head to it. Id recommend staying in it to anyone.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:14pm
With the majority saying Switzerland that could be tight for tickets. Might need a few aways to be sure of it 

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Switzerland for certain. Probably do Gib as it's Micks first game, fly into Malaga and hire a car or possibly direct into Gib closer to the time out of MAN or LGW I've booked a hotel for Marbella no interest staying Gibraltar. sh*tehole

Zero interest in Georgia, possibly Copenhagen depending on work if I'm off i'll probably jump on a flight to go. 

Really?? I thought it was quality when I was there, plenty to do and see, plenty of nice wee bars and restaurants. If I wasn't away in march id head to it. Id recommend staying in it to anyone.
It is like all those other nothing English towns, but on the Mediterranean. The pubs are all awful,(worth noting, for those that love an Irish bar abroad,  that the token Irish pub is, or at least was, run by a Jim McDonald type Nordie and his wife with Orange Order sympathies from the Portadown area) the food is the worst of English cuisine, the type the world still laughs at and the  only attraction is the trip to the top of the rock, and it really isn't worth it.
In my visits there I have had a group of locals wanting a go because they thought I was part of the British Armed services and saw a full on brawl between locals and said armed services in Casemates Square. They all want to be British, they just don't like their army or the navy.
 They speak a bizarre mix of Spanish and English that is supposed to be where Gibberish comes from. It is a very odd place.

Are you sure you have been there?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:37pm
Only Switzerland jumps out, Tblisi was very enjoyable as a trip but it's hard to get to. Did Denmark and just sick of even looking at us play them, Gibraltar Dead

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 5:15pm
tbilisi all booked up, will go to Gibraltar wherever it is as I missed it last time. Will do a daytrip to Switzerland if it's winner take all and Denmark clashes with slane so unlikely

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 5:33pm
Back of what island?
All my hate for Churchill and he is just a hotel...

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:05pm
All of them. I'm just waiting on Gibraltar location confirmation before I book anything for it but I'm well on the way to being booked up for the others.

The double header is actually handy enough financially, once you have a cheap route from Tbilisi to Switzerland. And there's still ways there for under €100.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:18pm
Will do Gibraltar once its not in Gibraltar. Couldn't be arsed with the hassle otherwise.
Will sort flights for Denmark in the new year and will try my best to get to Switzerland but looking doubtful as it stands.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Georgia and Gibraltar(location dependent)
  Same as myself , love to do them all but don't have the money .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:03pm
All booked up and contingency in place should mini England game be held elsewhere than the rock.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:08pm
How are you getting from Georgia to Switzerland ??

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

tbilisi all booked up, will go to Gibraltar wherever it is as I missed it last time. Will do a daytrip to Switzerland if it's winner take all and Denmark clashes with slane so unlikely

Route did you book for Tbilisi? Price?

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

All of them. I'm just waiting on Gibraltar location confirmation before I book anything for it but I'm well on the way to being booked up for the others.

The double header is actually handy enough financially, once you have a cheap route from Tbilisi to Switzerland. And there's still ways there for under €100.

I'd be interested in that as well SD. I am ruling out Georgia as the expense to travel there is high plus multiple flights. Like I have booked 3 sets of returns flights for the price we paid to get to Tbilisi last time. 

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:20pm
Hopefully I will do The Land of Chocolate and Denmark

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:21pm
just Gibraltar for me....couldn't be arsed forking out big money for Swiss or Denmark game...booked flights to Malaga and will probably stay in Marbella and head down if it's in Gibraltar...if it's in faro then it's a hard few days on the hooch in Marbella.would love to do the Georgia game...but the other 2/3 lads in the crew are badly under the thumb.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Hopefully I will do The Land of Chocolate and Denmark

Wink

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

just Gibraltar for me....couldn't be arsed forking out big money for Swiss or Denmark game...booked flights to Malaga and will probably stay in Marbella and head down if it's in Gibraltar...if it's in faro then it's a hard few days on the hooch in Marbella.would love to do the Georgia game...but the other 2/3 lads in the crew are badly under the thumb.

Just book it and hook up with lads from here. 

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Just book it and hook up with lads from here. 
Kinky!

-------------

Posted By: RobsYourUncle
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:37pm
Just booked in for Switz and Denmark, will consider Gibs if it's moved but probably unlikely. Tbilisi too much of a ballache for me at the moment, fair dues to anyone making the trip.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:38pm
Era Georgia is the type of trip everyone should do once. We actually started a group before the 2020 draw, around 15 in it and now we are down to 4. Lads are all talk then when push comes to shove they disappear. 

Plenty on here would be happy with an extra body on the trip. 

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:09pm
Very Unsure at the Minute in a way the fact we're in a 5 Team group means one less game I doubt I would have been able to fit 5 Aways in across 8/9 Months. Personally believe its an awful draw in terms of Travel have done Denmark twice now and Tbilisi last year and Gibraltar although in Faro would it be really any different. Switzerland only team I've yet to see play away in this group so I'll definitely travel.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:17pm
We got screwed over in terms of decent travel. 

But in terms of actually making another tournament we did very well.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:30pm
Dublin Luton 10/12 08:15 - 09:30 €31.61
Luton Kutaisi 10/10 16:10 - 00:05 £45.99 ~ €50

Kutaisi Milan 14/10 16:00 - 18:25 197.99 GEL ~ €65

Those are live prices. Milan to Zurich and Berne starts at €29, Milan to Geneva and Basel starts at €39.

-------------

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:12pm
Plan to do all 4 only waiting to get confirmation on where the Gibraltar game will be before I book flights for it. Having a shorter trip to Georgia this time around too

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:26pm
long time poster,less time traveller. If I was a ticket what would be the best to try? Thinking gin and switz

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

long time poster,less time traveller. If I was a ticket what would be the best to try? Thinking gin and switz
Tonic is more traditional.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:40pm

That depends....what type of ticket are you? 

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

That depends....what type of ticket are you? 
Hardly a full one!

-------------

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:10am
Have flights booked for Copenhagen and into Faro for the Gibraltar game. Will probably stay in Albuferia for maybe 2 nights before going to Gibraltar or closer. Was only 35euro so was worth the risk. 2/3 hour drive is nothing when I travel 4/5 hours each weekend between Donegal-Dublin on the bus for college. Probably wouldn't have booked Copenhagen only for I don't know am I able to go to the double header yet.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

How are you getting from Georgia to Switzerland ??
klm via ams

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:52am
Do you think the aways will have any bearing on allocation of tickets for the euros if we qualify? Will they do the 3 games as a package and then away travellers would get more preference than regular home game attendees?

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Do you think the aways will have any bearing on allocation of tickets for the euros if we qualify? Will they do the 3 games as a package and then away travellers would get more preference than regular home game attendees?
Probably yeah.  More that's on your record the better 

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:08am
Still not sure how a tournament works ticket wise but it is UEFA issuing the tickets and not the FAI. You'd apply through UEFA but not sure if its the fai who say yes or no. Just a lucky dip. 

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Didn't quite work for Euro 2016 though, did it?  Iirc, it was really only that extra allocation of 2k tickets per match that the FAI got and were able to allocate to those who missed out through the UEFA application system. 

Hopefully, they can do so again for Euro 2020 unless UEFA come up with a better system to sort out the regulars.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Didn't quite work for Euro 2016 though, did it?  Iirc, it was really only that extra allocation of 2k tickets per match that the FAI got and were able to allocate to those who missed out through the UEFA application system. 

Hopefully, they can do so again for Euro 2020 unless UEFA come up with a better system to sort out the regulars.

True, i thought given you had to put in your fai account number on the application that they checked with the fai before saying yes or no to a ticket. Who knows though

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:17am
Quick question, say when we get to the swiss game, is the the NL + the previous world cup qualifying campaign that the criteria would be set against or would having the current campaign aways also be counted, i.e simply just against the last 10 away games

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:18am
2 if the gib. game is not in Faro. Not getting involved in another ticket fiasco

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Still not sure how a tournament works ticket wise but it is UEFA issuing the tickets and not the FAI. You'd apply through UEFA but not sure if its the fai who say yes or no. Just a lucky dip. 
UEFA administer the system and the distribution but it's the FAI who decide who gets the tickets

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:41am

Quick question, say when we get to the swiss game, is the the NL + the previous world cup qualifying campaign that the criteria would be set against or would having the current campaign aways also be counted, i.e simply just against the last 10 away games

Sure they make it up as they go along.
It seems like Switzerland will be the game that most will pick so it might be over subscribed. Then they'll say its over the last 6, 8, 10 games.  

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:42am

It seems like Switzerland will be the game that most will pick so it might be over subscribed. Then they'll say its over the last 6, 8, 10 games.  
Yeah that's what i was wondering, so say it'll be last 10 before Georgia maybe ?

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:43am

It's usually been over the past 4 years.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:46am

That usually spans 10 games, i think wales last year was 4 of the last 10 i think ?

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:47am

2 campaigns, 4 years  circa 10 games is a good representation though nobody really knows what they use

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:57am
All 4 God willing !

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:03pm
Assuming the criteria for the Switzerland game would be Moldova, Austria, Georgia X2, Wales X2, Denmark X3, Gibraltar then?

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:06pm

Those are live prices. Milan to Zurich and Berne starts at €29, Milan to Geneva and Basel starts at €39.

SD

Could you update this. 

I see the Dublin flight. 

I don't see the Luton Kutaisi 10/10 16:10 - 00:05 £45.99 ~ €50, you have a date of 10/10. How can that flight be before the flight in to London or am I reading it wrong?

Posted By: batchbread
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:06pm
Gibraltar if it's in Faro. 
Tbilisi for definite and is almost booked.

Would like to do Switzerland on the way home from Georgia but don't think I'd get tickets Cry

Posted By: CorkHoops95
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:07pm
Hoping to get to 3 but looking more and more unlikely that I'll be heading to Gibraltar, so just Denmark and Switzerland for me! 

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Assuming the criteria for the Switzerland game would be Moldova, Austria, Georgia X2, Wales X2, Denmark X3, Gibraltar then?
That's what i'm assuming it to be, for example 5 out of them or something like that. someone can correct me if I'm wrong

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:12pm

1 Denmark, 1 wales and 1 Austria were oversubscribed

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Sure we'll find out closer the time but I'm pretty sure it doesnt matter if they were oversubscribed, still part of the last 10. but who know what they'll do, you'd imagine they'll argue for more than 5% if it's in Basel in exchange for a bigger swiss allocation in dublin as they usually have decent away numbers 

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:25pm

Sure we'll find out closer the time but I'm pretty sure it doesnt matter if they were oversubscribed, still part of the last 10. but who know what they'll do, you'd imagine they'll argue for more than 5% if it's in Basel in exchange for a bigger swiss allocation in dublin as they usually have decent away numbers 

but it should matter as it means those who were successful pulling ahead of those who were unsuccessfull only because of the low allocation and not because they didn't want to go ( its a moot point)

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:32pm

Austria was oversubscribed but not in comparison to Wales and Denmark. I had Austria as part of my application for Wales but didn't get a ticket, but they still counted the Austria game for the application. Whether or not they would count Wales and Denmark for these games it remains to be seen but they didn't exclude Wales for the Denmark play off last year as far as I remember

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:32pm

but it should matter as it means those who were successful pulling ahead of those who were unsuccessfull only because of the low allocation and not because they didn't want to go ( its a moot point)
Yeah can see your point for sure about it, ages away anyway so we'll find out during the summer 

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:35pm
The Denmark play off was 6 over the last two campaigns excluding Scotland, or so the FAI said..

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:35pm
What's the allocation for Gibraltar is it a 2000 seater stadium?

200 10% or 100 5%? 

Playing Ireland would appeal to the locals so really the 5% is most likely???

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:39pm

The Denmark play off was 6 over the last two campaigns excluding Scotland, or so the FAI said..
That's because Scotland was a mess 

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:43pm

Yeah I know, point being that the other oversubscribed games (Austria, Wales) still counted towards applications

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:45pm

Yeah I know, point being that the other oversubscribed games (Austria, Wales) still counted towards applications
Yeah I get that. Sure we'll soon see if they include Georgia a few days before in it.

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:47pm
Have to laugh that people still think there is a system in place for tickets. They make it up as they go along. 

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

What's the allocation for Gibraltar is it a 2000 seater stadium?

200 10% or 100 5%? 

Playing Ireland would appeal to the locals so really the 5% is most likely???

Yeah I'd say 5% if it is played there. They filled the stadium for their Nations League games. 

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:53pm

Yeah I get that. Sure we'll soon see if they include Georgia a few days before in it.

Can’t see there being a major issue for tickets for the Swiss game on a Monday night. If there is any issue they will surely give anyone a ticket that had been in Tbilisi. Makes it easy on themselves. You’d think they can’t make the same blunder again

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:57pm
Haha we were told that before in a bar in Tbilisi. Needless to say the tickets for Scotland didn't materialise. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:09pm

SD

Could you update this. 

I see the Dublin flight. 

I don't see the Luton Kutaisi 10/10 16:10 - 00:05 £45.99 ~ €50, you have a date of 10/10. How can that flight be before the flight in to London or am I reading it wrong?

Different time zones Wink

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Haha we were told that before in a bar in Tbilisi. Needless to say the tickets for Scotland didn't materialise. 
Yeah in the hotel by JmcG himself LOL 

Posted By: Missy
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:42pm
Poland Turkey  and France points will be added replacing 3 earliest g James Gibraltar there will be no points for this game  be grateful you have a ticket

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Poland Turkey  and France points will be added replacing 3 earliest g James Gibraltar there will be no points for this game  be grateful you have a ticket
Where did you hear this? I taught friendlies did not count.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:46pm
Friendlies have not counted in the past.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Yeah in the hotel by JmcG himself LOL 

And that was early September but the notifications for Scotland didn't go out till late October, the FAI would have had weeks to check who went to that game in Tbilisi. 

They won't have time for any of that this time with the Georgia and Switzerland games just a few days apart so even attempting to reward fans who turn up in Tbilisi with priority on Switzerland tickets is obviously going to be a non-runner this time.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:47pm
Actually, let me rephrase that, we've been told that friendlies haven't counted in the past. Nobody has any idea for certain.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Can’t see there being a major issue for tickets for the Swiss game on a Monday night. If there is any issue they will surely give anyone a ticket that had been in Tbilisi. Makes it easy on themselves. You’d think they can’t make the same blunder again

?

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:31pm
Denmark booked
Switzerland car / train job
Gibraltar v slight chance

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

I hope your right as it leaves me with an extra away.

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:48pm
Will travel to Gibraltar, definitely doing Georgia/Swiss double header, don't know about Denmark

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:50pm

What do you mean Missy? You were the one that made the statement about the friendlies counting! Were you only guessing

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:53pm

What do you mean Missy? You were the one that made the statement about the friendlies counting! Were you only guessing
As far as i knew they didn't count, if they do thats news to me

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:59pm

Took it literally as last 10 games I have emailed FAI   looking for clarity

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 3:02pm

This brightened up my day and made me laugh out loud !

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 3:17pm

LOLLOLLOLTongue

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 3:23pm
Jaysus

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

SD

Could you update this. 

I see the Dublin flight. 

Different time zones Wink

Nah. I straight up made a mistake. Both flights are 10/10. Dunno why I put 10/12.

The Wizzair flight from Luton to Kutaisi on 10/10 is still available at £56.

-------------

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:10pm
Lucky enough to be able to do the 4 away and looking forward to them, it’s the anticipation of the new regime that keeps you feeling that we could see something that has been missing for a few years namely that good oul fashioned Irish fighting spirit, on the front foot Mick and we will be content

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:23pm
Have all but Gibraltar booked now, Tbilisi been great last two times, Switzerland is a new country for me. Denmark is Denmark, just going for the football for once. 

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Have all but Gibraltar booked now, Tbilisi been great last two times, Switzerland is a new country for me. Denmark is Denmark, just going for the football for once. 

What is yor route for Georgia? Still trying to figure it out

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:27pm

Any response from Delaney yet? Pretty busy no doubt promising tickets to all so will give him til 9am tomorrow before following up.

The only man for tickets in these situations Clap

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net