Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56736
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 5:08am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 'Europa League 2'
Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Subject: 'Europa League 2'
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:49am
Can't quite get my head around thia one...will it be easier or harder fot LOI to qualify for this?

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Replies:
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:19am
Easier I think 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:44am
I believe Europa league going from 48 to 32 teams.

Europa league 2 will have 32 teams so overall an extra 16 teams in Europe.

Games on the Thursday so not sure where the TV money will come from as the Europa league will be on same time.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:57am
It really is f**king disgusting.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I believe Europa league going from 48 to 32 teams.

Europa league 2 will have 32 teams so overall an extra 16 teams in Europe.

Games on the Thursday so not sure where the TV money will come from as the Europa league will be on same time.

They're talking about afternoon kickoffs around 4pm. Attendances will be abysmal. 

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:07am
All small and medium nations should boycott all UEFA competitions, not that there is even the remotest hope of any of them doing it.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:11pm
There's not many details about this yet is there? My guess is that there'll be a few routes to qualify for the group stage, one of which will be for minor leagues. So hopefully LOI teams will qualify that route. Kinda like the Nations League having weak teams play each other to qualify. Or Champions League having a "Champions Route" and "League Route"

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
My issue with this is the parachuting of clubs from the Europa Leage. It would be much better IMO if the top 15 leagues were excluded from this altogether 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

My issue with this is the parachuting of clubs from the Europa Leage. It would be much better IMO if the top 15 leagues were excluded from this altogether 
Or better still, they could handpicked the teams they want in each competition. I would imagine basing it on turnover would be the fairest way.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

All small and medium nations should boycott all UEFA competitions, not that there is even the remotest hope of any of them doing it.

UEFA said they have set this up at the behest of the clubs and leagues giving them feedback

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

UEFA said they have set this up at the behest of the clubs and leagues giving them feedback

Given the type of dopes who run these associations, we are far from alone, then that is probably correct.

The whole system is rank rotten from the bottom up.

-------------

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:40pm
Rumours of half three kick offs. 

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net