Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56732
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 1:17pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Passport
Posted By: daithi
Subject: Passport
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:09pm
QuestionLads passport runs out in March , but looking to maybe book the first game away in March shortly, can I still book using current passport even though I will have a new one come March ?

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Replies:
Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:22pm
 Just renew now online and you'll have the new passport in a week or so

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

QuestionLads passport runs out in March , but looking to maybe book the first game away in March shortly, can I still book using current passport even though I will have a new one come March ?

Yes, I don't see why not.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:40pm
If booking with Ryanair and the like they don't look for passport info until checking in

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:44pm
Of course. Very few airlines want your passport details on booking. Even if they do, book it using the old one, renew the passport, then bring both the old and the new one with you.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:48pm
Thanks for the replies lads Thumbs Up  Here we go again

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:23pm
Dave i recall some time ago i was told that travel in the EU you were fine up to one month before it expired .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:25pm
You're fine once it hasn't expired.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:30pm
My passport runs out next year. To fly to America do you need to have 6 months left on it before flying?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

My passport runs out next year. To fly to America do you need to have 6 months left on it before flying?

6months left from the date you leave the US as far as I know

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Dave i recall some time ago i was told that travel in the EU you were fine up to one month before it expired .
Grand so Murph, I am going to renew it this week anyway

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

6months left from the date you leave the US as far as I know

Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:58pm
I recal reading that huge numbers of people give the wrong passport number when booking their flights. But I have never heard of anyone ever getting any hassle over it happening? 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Can travel right up to the expiry date within the eu

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:18pm
Including the Shetlands?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Including the Shetlands?
Yep until late March anyway 

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I recal reading that huge numbers of people give the wrong passport number when booking their flights. But I have never heard of anyone ever getting any hassle over it happening? 

Years ago in Cork for Derry City game we got flights from Dublin when Ryainair for 1 Euro each way and no tax. One of the lads let another check him in online. One digit wrong on Passport number. Didn't let him board at Cork. 

The fella was not amused. Everyone else thought it was funny that he'd end up spending the best part of a day getting a bus back to Derry.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Years ago in Cork for Derry City game we got flights from Dublin when Ryainair for 1 Euro each way and no tax. One of the lads let another check him in online. One digit wrong on Passport number. Didn't let him board at Cork. 

The fella was not amused. Everyone else thought it was funny that he'd end up spending the best part of a day getting a bus back to Derry.

Doub't that stuff happens anymore. Reading some tripadvisor online it just says you can change it at check in desk. But most of us just go straight through, I'm sure that if you have put the incorrect passport number in, it automatically fixs it and you go through without ever knowing you'd given the wrong one.

Think of all the Ireland trips and boobs on them, and never once hearing anyone been stopped for putting in the wrong numberErmm

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:57pm

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Doub't that stuff happens anymore. Reading some tripadvisor online it just says you can change it at check in desk. But most of us just go straight through, I'm sure that if you have put the incorrect passport number in, it automatically fixs it and you go through without ever knowing you'd given the wrong one.

Think of all the Ireland trips and boobs on them, and never once hearing anyone been stopped for putting in the wrong numberErmm

Surely with data protection laws airlines don’t have the right to even check passport numbers these days? Imagine it’s solely a DFA requirement

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:19pm
You have to pay to get it changed, happened a friend of my father when they were going to Spain this year

Gobsh*te put his old Passport number as he checked in online not sure how much it cost him €50 I believe but I might be wrong

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:17pm
Shocked

-------------

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:31pm
wife went over and back to England last week with Ryanair, she had a different surname on her passport than boarding pass (booked under marriage name but maiden on passport) never looked twice just walked straight on, they are just going trough the motions and you'd have to be very unlucky to be caught and charged extra.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:38pm
My above story wasn't with Ryanair actually so obviously Ryanair are being their usual incompetent selves.

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:30pm

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:14am
can you renew a child’s passport on line?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:19am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I'd say so but not sure.  Renewed my own one there lately online.

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:33am

I read your post and had this absolutely insane notion to check out the Foreign Affairs website, you know, theyre the lads that deal with passports and stuff. You’d be amazed at the info available there. Anyhow, I found this complete gold nugget of info that may help you. It did take me almost 6 seconds to find so I can appreciate why you didnt check for yourself.

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/usa/passports/top-passport-questions/consent-for-children/" rel="nofollow - https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/usa/passports/top-passport-questions/consent-for-children/

You’re welcomThumbs Up

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:52am
ouch

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 11:06am

No,
My wife is doing it for my daughter at the minute and we have to go to the Garda station. Not 100% sure why to be honest.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

No,
My wife is doing it for my daughter at the minute and we have to go to the Garda station. Not 100% sure why to be honest.

I'd imagine it's to stop people getting a passport and running off with their kids

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:10pm

No,
👍

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I read your post and had this absolutely insane notion to check out the Foreign Affairs website, you know, theyre the lads that deal with passports and stuff. You’d be amazed at the info available there. Anyhow, I found this complete gold nugget of info that may help you. It did take me almost 6 seconds to find so I can appreciate why you didnt check for yourself.

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/usa/passports/top-passport-questions/consent-for-children/" rel="nofollow - https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/usa/passports/top-passport-questions/consent-for-children/

You’re welcomThumbs Up
ah the jargon on here is easier on the eyes👍

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:18pm
You can renew kids passports on line but you'll need to add a consent form signed and stamped by the GS
On line kids passports are €20 plus postage
Passport express €30 plus cost of photos and postage

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:24pm
Yeah you can renew it online. You'll be send a link to print A4 page which with have kids photo on it and the parents names printed and you bring it to Garda station to have signatures witnessed. 
However when you do this both need to accompany the child to the station with Id and get form signed. 
So regardless ye all have to go to station anyway 

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:40pm
It's a lot faster online. You can get the passport card now for children too with the online renewal.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 8:45am
Quick question. 

I booked a flight to new york last month with my old passport. My new one is out of date in may so my renewal one is due start of March.

Just wondering if I need to do anything about contacting the airline to update details etc?

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 9:08am
To book flight you just need name and date of birth don't ya?

Would be more the check-in where you would need the passport number and expiry. 

Your esta would obviously need to be done on the new passport but assuming you have not that done that yet?  

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 10:11am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Your esta would obviously need to be done on the new passport but assuming you have not that done that yet?  

Most airlines need you to submit passport info also.

Posted By: Jackal
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 7:28pm

Your passport doesn't need 6 months. We have an agreement with the USA.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I don't believe this is correct. You need to apply for an ESTA and from what I recall you do need 6 months on your passport to do that.

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I don't believe this is correct. You need to apply for an ESTA and from what I recall you do need 6 months on your passport to do that.

It's on dfa.ie 

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:12am

It's on dfa.ie 

Interesting - I didn't realise that we had the option also of applying for another type of visa outside of the ESTA.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:21am
Edit. 
I see other thread now 

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 12:02pm

It's on dfa.ie 

Interesting - I didn't realise that we had the option also of applying for another type of visa outside of the ESTA.

If you have been to Cuba,  you're barred from ESTA for life.

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 12:08pm

It's on dfa.ie 

I didn't know that either!

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 2:12pm
I think you’ve to go to the American embassy and talk them through your reasons for being in Cuba.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 3:22pm
I've been to Cuba and then traveled to the US about 7 times after that.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 3:30pm

Tbf Ryanair only use it to name check your passport off your boarding pass

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 4:45pm

I was reading online it's something to do with their axis of evil countries. Seems to be if you went after a certain date. 

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 4:49pm
It was a long time since I went, AFAIK they don't stamp your passport - probably because of the above.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 5:56pm

It was a long time since I went, AFAIK they don't stamp your passport - probably because of the above.

Yep. Seem to recall reading/hearing somewhere that The Cubans stamp a piece of paper and attach it to your passport

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Cabs88
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 6:17pm

Same I’ve been to Cuba and no issue with entering the states subsequently 

-------------
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 8:16pm

It's on dfa.ie 

It's not quite that cut and dry. The rule came in without much fuss last year, initially they didn't publicise it. It was then picked up on the by a few people, some parts of US government then said it was if you'd ever been, while some US embassies said it was only if you'd been after Trump declared Cuba a state sponsor of terrorism. They later adopted the latter position, so its only of you've been since Jan 2021. Regardless, most reports at the time said US border control were mostly ignoring enforcement.  

I went last year and had no hassle, I was in Cuba pre-2021, it wasn't even a question on the esta when I applied. 

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 9:22pm
So my new passport arrived yesterday. Do I need to let my airline know ivea different passport number now?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net