Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56708
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 6:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2018/19 Season Ticket
Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Subject: 2018/19 Season Ticket
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:05pm
3 games into the season ticket and still no goals to show. Don't want to tempt faith but can we go the whole season without scoring ? Would be some achievement.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Replies:
Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:40am
So what games are left on this ticket? 

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

So what games are left on this ticket? 

Two Qualifiers I believe

Posted By: JK10
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:06pm

The first 2 home qualifiers - i.e. Georgia in March and Gibraltar in June Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:21pm
2019/20 season ticket to include

Sept 2019- Switzerland
Nov 2019-Potential Friendly* (Oman)
Nov 2019-Denmark

March 2020- Friendly/ Playoff
June 2020- Friendly

looking at who is free from European qualifiers around 14-15th

Ukraine, Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary would probably be an option

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Sept 2019- Switzerland
Oct 2019-Potential Friendly* (Oman)
Oct 2019-Denmark

June 2020- Friendly

Denmark home is in November.  My guess is that we would want a home friendly in November before Denmark.  We'd be happy to play and away friendly in September as after Switzerland home.  We will only have away games in October.

I'm assuming one home and one away friendly.  However one of the five will get to play a side from another confederation.   

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Sept 2019- Switzerland
Oct 2019-Potential Friendly* (Oman)
Oct 2019-Denmark

June 2020- Friendly

Denmark home is in November.  My guess is that we would want a home friendly in November before Denmark.  We'd be happy to play and away friendly in September as after Switzerland home.  We will only have away games in October.

I'm assuming one home and one away friendly.  However one of the five will get to play a side from another confederation.   

apologies meant November

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:22pm
Wales would be available in September instead of Hungary all the rest of the Europeans are the same.

I'd agree too I'd rather a home game before Denmark.

WC qualifiers in South America would most likely be under way come 2019 so that would rule out South American teams unless one is available to play in London (Brazil/ Argentina) perhaps a trip to the US as payback for our friendly here this year.

Concacaf teams will have their version of Nations League next year too.

Posted By: ThatWay
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 12:48pm
Hi, I have 2 season tickets for the games against gibraltar and georgia that i have no interest in travelling to from tipperary.
The seats are located in BLK 105, ROW R, SEATS 3 and 4
Their face value price on ticketmaster is 60 euro each, i am selling the 2 season tickets for both games as a total fee of 80 euro + delivery. Im located in north tipperary, thanks.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by ThatWay ThatWay wrote:

Hi, I have 2 season tickets for the games against gibraltar and georgia that i have no interest in travelling to from tipperary.
Their face value price on ticketmaster is 60 euro each, i am selling the 2 season tickets for both games as a total fee of 80 euro + delivery. Im located in north tipperary, thanks.
No interest? What a supporterClap

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

A MONROY loyalist? 

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 12:15am

Bet he was at the games in Glasgow and Copenhagen though. Wink

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Lansdown Roar
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 9:54am

f**king  hell

-------------
They've only gone and done it

Posted By: deniro
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:42am
I'd be interested in the Season tickets, can you get in contact via message to discuss please

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 5:23pm
Hi can you message me, i cant find the private message button. cheers.

Posted By: deniro
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 4:27pm
Actually neither can I find it. Can you email me at chrmulhall@gmail.com 

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:47am
Just emailed you now at 10:46pm, my accounts gmail and iv subjected it ''YBIG.ie season tickets for sale''

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:29am
Hi I still have 1 season ticket for sale for the georgia and gibraltar games. 
  Great seats in BLK 105, row R. Its right on the halfway line around  Around 15 rows back from the front at the lower tier. I can post it to the buyer and its going for only 35 euro and you can keep the ticket for both games, i wont need it returned. 
  The reason for selling is i cant travel to dublin on a tuesday so if interested please let me know on this and i can arrange us to get in contact via email.

Posted By: niallmc
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:04am
Might be of interest to some on here. There is a collectors fair in Wynns Hotel in Dublin tomorrow from 11am. There will be a stall selling Ireland football memorabilia, and there will be a raffle to win a season ticket.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 2:46pm
Season ticket renewal emails just out, with the discount period until 12 June & the save your seat renewal period until 26 June.

Five games, including Switzerland, Denmark and (only possibly) a home playoff for €126 / €162 / €216, depending on where your seat is: that's €25.20, €32.40 or €43.20 per game, which isn't bad at all.

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 2:57pm
The question is though do we hand over the cash while the current board is still in place? 

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:00pm
I can’t remember what I paid last year is there an increase

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:00pm
Some value for the student tickets

Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:13pm
Singing section not mentioned anymore, its usually cat c while rest of south lower is cat B

Just logged in and SS still being charged at Cat C.

Posted By: King Neymar
Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Season ticket renewal emails just out, with the discount period until 12 June & the save your seat renewal period until 26 June.

Five games, including Switzerland, Denmark and (only possibly) a home playoff for €126 / €162 / €216, depending on where your seat is: that's €25.20, €32.40 or €43.20 per game, which isn't bad at all.
Yes it is when you're complicit in supporting a corrupt, inept, incompetent regime who have set Irish football back years.

Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by King Neymar King Neymar wrote:

Yes it is when you're complicit in supporting a corrupt, inept, incompetent regime who have set Irish football back years.

good man PhillyClap

Posted By: ACTHUNG BABY
Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:25pm
Last season tkt for 5 games for new supporters( including Northern Ireland)
prices were 240 , 180 , 140 .
So prices the same this year , but 10% off for early renewals.

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:27pm
€9 increase for renewing student tickets - from €90 to €99 (and that's including the early bird discount)

Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 4:35pm
How come the home game against Gibraltar is not included on the current ticket? 

FAI said two euro 2020 qualifiers were included at last renewal time. 

Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

it is included

Please note that your current season ticket (2018/19) does include the EURO 2020 qualifier between Republic of Ireland and Gibraltar on Monday, June 10.

Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 4:45pm

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

it is included

Please note that your current season ticket (2018/19) does include the EURO 2020 qualifier between Republic of Ireland and Gibraltar on Monday, June 10.

Thumbs Up

I really should get more sleep. 

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 6:44pm
tempted to hold off untill the board and himself have gone for good

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Not a bad call - at least leave it to the absolute last minute 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Not a bad call - at least leave it to the absolute last minute 

I'll do the same

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 1:25am
talking to another mate tonight who's a season ticket holder. Very hard to justify renewing with the current regime in charge. So decision is made. 

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 10:14am
Feeling the same about my season ticket if the present board and councils are not got rid of.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 10:25am
yeh a 3rd lad from our lot agrees now aswell. So f**k it

It's saddens me to be honest. I was so chuffed when I finally got to be a block booker. For years tryna get tickets here or there then I got it was was thrilled. About 18 years ago or so. Then wouldn't miss a match for fear of losing it. Then obviously season tickets took the hassles out of block booking. Grand.

But now I'd prefer to jack it all in then subscribe to that board. Literally my q126 euro could be going straight into some ****s bank account while he holds out for a big payout. I'm not precious about money but I can decide who my money supports or not. 

Fkn depressed

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 10:42am
I know where you’re coming from dude but don’t let those ****s (FAI) take away from you something that you love. They will all eventually change, that cartel won’t always be there, but the team will always be there. You support the team, not the association.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 10:50am
what’s the point in buying one when you can just wait for the freebies the FAI will be handing out 

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 11:37am

That's an excellent idea, but not much good you doing it as an individual. Wonder would there be enough appetite for a public campaign ? Not asking just Ooh Aah, be good to get a few opinions on it. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

That's an excellent idea, but not much good you doing it as an individual. Wonder would there be enough appetite for a public campaign ? Not asking just Ooh Aah, be good to get a few opinions on it. 

The problem would be that you would have opportunist pr!cks buying the tickets in 114.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 12:02pm

I take your point. But I just can't in good conscience support this administration and I do feel by contributing I am supporting it

It might even be the case the pricing suggests that they want to show they still have the fans on board. Why early bird? Why a deadline before September. It suggests we could be been manipulated to show fans are still on board. And tbh I'm not. Nor are me mates.

We can't go from the biggest controversy in living memory to subscribe to it. Even the press reports show the fai are continuing on with the lies and bluffing and I'd be surprised if a certain **** isn't still acting in an advisory capacity.

I can only speak for myself and me mates. A bigger protest would ofcourse be more effective but I'm not one here to tell people what they should do. 

I just know it doesn't sit well with me and I don't want to think I'm part of the problem anymore than I have been through the years

And tbh I'm delighted with the seats I have, finally landed ideal seats last year but f**k it I'm not gonna give in for  the want of an ideal seat. Take the seats back. I'll get a new season ticket if the board and himself f**ks off

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I know where you’re coming from dude but don’t let those ****s (FAI) take away from you something that you love. They will all eventually change, that cartel won’t always be there, but the team will always be there. You support the team, not the association.

I did have this mindset to be honest. But the timing of the renewal and the rumours about the boards reelecrtion, the lies about Mooney been appointed by uefa, have made me think otherwise.  I feel I'm condoning the fai 

I'll still go to Denmark and most of that ticket price is going to the Danish fa. 

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 12:43pm
Look away games are different gravy, it would be tough on the players and Mick if we were to boycott home games as I feel They deserve our support, but we have to look at the bigger picture. 

-------------

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 1:42pm
There is merit to what you say but for it to be effective you’d want a lot more doing the same. I would feel a bit like that as well but the Fai can use no season ticket when it comes to away tickets for bigger profile matches. I think there is momentum for change now that has to be pushed along and events like yesterday will ensure that. Looking forward to hearing Drums contribution 

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 1:44pm

And they can be supported at away games so you don't have to fund corrupt fkrs!!! As Cafu says, if you want to go to home games there's plenty of freebies floating around 

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

There is merit to what you say but for it to be effective you’d want a lot more doing the same. I would feel a bit like that as well but the Fai can use no season ticket when it comes to away tickets for bigger profile matches. I think there is momentum for change now that has to be pushed along and events like yesterday will ensure that. Looking forward to hearing Drums contribution 
Not had a season ticket since the Glasgow debacle and only been fkd over on an away ticket for Gibraltar and even then that was due to the faiL changing the fkn criteria without telling anyone, don't believe the myth from the confederate and others that you need a season ticket for aways 

-------------
He loves the kids, he brings the gear, thinks he's Mother Theresa this year.....

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 1:59pm
there is no right or wrong answer and plenty of fans that go hate Delaney and everything the FAI stands for

But personally I couldn’t in a million years justify subsidizing Delaney’s golden handshake or McGlue’s salary

At least the board aren’t on a salary I suppose..

Posted By: Peter1986
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 2:29pm
havnt posted in a long time but I think people taking out there frustrations with board by not buying season tickets is not the solution,I can see people point for not renewing it but you go to the games to support are country and want to see us do well,we're not blessed with world class players at the minute so the players need that 12th man the supporters as we all know an empty Aviva creates a dull atmosphere.instead of not renewing are tickets as an act of protest why not instead refuse to buy merchandise and spend no money in the stadium on match day and maybe for a meaningless friendly e.g against New Zealand have a walk out organised for just before half time.i agree change is needed but I go to the matches to support my country and I don't want to stop because of the board the fai.just my opinion and I no not everyone will agree with it.

Posted By: Ecumenical Matter
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 3:12pm
I agree. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to boycott the FAI without boycotting the team and I can’t do that. Buying nothing in the ground might be an idea but not sure that hurts the FAI. More likely to hit the vendors themselves. Most of us go in spite of the FAI rather than because of them. 

Its like going away for the weekend to somewhere you like. You have to put up with traffic and the smell of pigsh*t if its during the slurry spreading season. That’s the FAI. 

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 3:21pm
Give your €126 directly to your local grassroots club.

Cut out the 99% tax the FAI takes.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 3:59pm
well it just goes to show you that everything can be justified.

We are been asked to renew before the 13th to avail of the early bird offer. When's the board meeting. to vote in a new board?

Then is it the 26th to keep your seat option

I am suggesting holding off to see if the board and JD do clear off. Then renew.

I would hate not to be there to support our team. But if the FAI think they re hit where it hurts in their pocket then maybe we might actually make some progress

We are part of the problem by continuing to financially contribute to the FAI. They know this. Fans cant have it both ways. We can't demand change yet continue to fund the organisation in its showcase team. This has to be part of the problem

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 4:23pm
Don’t give them ****s a penny. When there’s reform I’ll consider getting a season ticket again but I’m perfectly happy having not renewed and not going to home games since 2015

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 2:43am

I get the logic, but personally I'd find it really hard to not go to the games. I separate the association from the team, and while I understand that by giving money to the association I am potentially doing harm to Irish football, I can't not go and see us play.

Posted By: williemc83
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 8:28am
I think there should be a boycott of the Gibraltar game to remove the Board and the Council. Let's face it; it's a safe 3 points but a boycott and an extremely low turn out would send a message and be picked up by the media.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 2:23pm
COP OUT

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I get the logic, but personally I'd find it really hard to not go to the games. I separate the association from the team, and while I understand that by giving money to the association I am potentially doing harm to Irish football, I can't not go and see us play.
Spot on Paulie in the same boat as you . 

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:26pm
anyone having trouble on the renew page? The continue button doesn’t seem to be hi lighted so can’t seem to click it?

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

anyone having trouble on the renew page? The continue button doesn’t seem to be hi lighted so can’t seem to click it?
Same thing happened me a couple of night ago. I gave up trying after 5 minutes.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 10:28pm
€11 service chargeThumbs Down

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 10:39pm
Yeah that happened me as well. I fiddled around reloading the page a few times and pressing a few buttons and it worked

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 9:48am
I never got the confirmation page or email but I rang Ticketmaster and they said the payment has gone through. Worried it hasn't without the confirmation. Anyone else have this problem??

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:05am
not buying a season ticket. couldnt justify handing over money to the FAI. not attending home games either

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:53pm

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Same thing happened me a couple of night ago. I gave up trying after 5 minutes.

It worked this morning on the work computer, I was using a tablet at home when it wouldn't

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Simba
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by King Neymar King Neymar wrote:

Not had a season ticket since the Glasgow debacle and only been fkd over on an away ticket for Gibraltar and even then that was due to the faiL changing the fkn criteria without telling anyone, don't believe the myth from the confederate and others that you need a season ticket for aways 

This is my main concern about not getting a ST but good to hear that you can still get aways. Out of interest, do you still have your own away account that you apply for tickets yourself or have you just been getting sorted through spares floating around or what?

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 3:30pm
i made a big deal last week of not renewing my season ticket but after chatting with a few mates and lads I'll probably go back on my decision. Yeh and I know it makes me watery.

The main reason I'll probably renew is , I love following this team and have done since I was a kid. I acknowledge I am part of the problem, but I also don't want to let 1 **** or a shower of ****s stop me from following my country. 

I find it hard to justify but they are my simple reasons. Selfish and problematic as it ia

Posted By: clintonmacmuiris
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:52pm
Was there a renewal e-mail sent? Will prob just ring the ticket office tomorrow to be sure.

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:15pm
Tonight's performance won't do their sales much good.

I really don't want to renew. They'll sell a double header ticket in August/September. Might just hold out for that.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I really don't want to renew. They'll sell a double header ticket in August/September. Might just hold out for that.
How much is the new one and what games does it include? 

Posted By: Mr_T
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:36am
I'm really struggling with whether to renew the season tickets lads.  Its hard to give the current regime a penny, but....

1. Unless there is a concerted and coordinated campaign, with united and collective demands clearly conveyed to the FAI, from a pretty large group it will make zero difference.  Piecemeal individual gestures won't be heard or noticed at any level that matters.  There doesn't seem to be any kind of momentum for such a campaign that I'm aware of.

2. I've grown up going to watch the Boys in Green, been a huge part of my life for around 30 years, aside from all the toxic mess that the running of the game in this country has become.  My kids are now big fans, especially my son who's the same age now as I was for Italia 90.  Its pretty hard to justify not letting him go watch his heroes because of this mess we're in.  And IF we get to Euro 2020 getting him to a game in Dublin will be difficult with no ST.

Whats actually sticking in my throat the most currently is the issue of paying for a ticket while freebies are thrown out to all and sundry whenever there's a bad crowd in prospect. 

Ultimately I'm probably gonna renew...  :(

PS: for those asking about the email, mine went into some spam or promotions folder in gmail and I nearly missed it.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

I'm really struggling with whether to renew the season tickets lads.  Its hard to give the current regime a penny, but....

1. Unless there is a concerted and coordinated campaign, with united and collective demands clearly conveyed to the FAI, from a pretty large group it will make zero difference.  Piecemeal individual gestures won't be heard or noticed at any level that matters.  There doesn't seem to be any kind of momentum for such a campaign that I'm aware of.

2. I've grown up going to watch the Boys in Green, been a huge part of my life for around 30 years, aside from all the toxic mess that the running of the game in this country has become.  My kids are now big fans, especially my son who's the same age now as I was for Italia 90.  Its pretty hard to justify not letting him go watch his heroes because of this mess we're in.  And IF we get to Euro 2020 getting him to a game in Dublin will be difficult with no ST.

Whats actually sticking in my throat the most currently is the issue of paying for a ticket while freebies are thrown out to all and sundry whenever there's a bad crowd in prospect. 

PS: for those asking about the email, mine went into some spam or promotions folder in gmail and I nearly missed it.

I pity the fool who doesn't renew

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Gabrieléire
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:41am

Yep big time, mate of mine said he wont be renewing because of that performance, thinks his two brothers are the same. 

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Yep big time, mate of mine said he wont be renewing because of that performance, thinks his two brothers are the same. 
Twins?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:05am
The main stumbling block for me forking out for a season ticket is the huge amount of people who get tickets handed to them by the FAI for free while we are left paying, it's a disgrace.

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

The main stumbling block for me forking out for a season ticket is the huge amount of people who get tickets handed to them by the FAI for free while we are left paying, it's a disgrace.

spot on! Clap

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:33am

I don't get this attitude. Why do you stop supporting a team because they're sh*te? 

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: aidz
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:28pm
Any1 know if theres an opportunity to change your seats this year again?

-------------
You'll never beat the Irish

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:56pm
Presumably after the "save your seats" period has expired there will be a chance to switch, yeah. I have 3+2 and might see if I can switch to 5 together.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 4:20pm
I might look to switch too the west stand myself. If there be a low lying sun it can be tough to follow with it in your face (I know this is usually only a short period of time issue) which is a pain

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I pity the fool who doesn't renew

i totally agree, but thats life when you support a team... i think it makes the big wins better though..
italy in lille , wales and austria  was a brilliant result and nights made better by long time support...
johnny come latelies and freebees dont get the same happiness , 

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: Fatnacho
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:45pm
Devil’s advocate here, as neither scenario applies to me, but is a season ticket holder from Donegal who attends all 6 home games more deserving of a tournament ticket than someone who goes away to Switzerland & Denmark and harvests a ticket to Georgia?

Posted By: The Tribesman
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

The main stumbling block for me forking out for a season ticket is the huge amount of people who get tickets handed to them by the end of FAI for free while we are left paying, it's a disgrace.

This consideration could very likely come into play at the finals, if we qualify and it remains a huge if and genuine fans with huge numbers of fan caps behind them can't get tickets! There's got to be a huge chance of that!

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:11pm

I might look to switch too the west stand myself. If there be a low lying sun it can be tough to follow with it in your face (I know this is usually only a short period of time issue) which is a pain

It's really only an issue for June games. The rest of the time, it's fine. And there won't be June games on next year's season ticket.

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Devil’s advocate here, as neither scenario applies to me, but is a season ticket holder from Donegal who attends all 6 home games more deserving of a tournament ticket than someone who goes away to Switzerland & Denmark and harvests a ticket to Georgia?

Fans will need an away record and a season ticket to get a Euro 2020 ticket for example.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Fans will need an away record and a season ticket to get a Euro 2020 ticket for example.
But what about a lad who has attended home games for over 20 years!

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:30pm

It's really only an issue for June games. The rest of the time, it's fine. And there won't be June games on next year's season ticket.

Very true 

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:33pm

Anyone who does away games to Switzerland, Denmark and "Georgia" will also need a season ticket to apply so in theory they have done all six games too. While living in Donegal is a disadvantage when it comes to travelling to home games (travel from Cork myself) we are now living in 2019 where most areas of Ireland are accessible by road and your post code shouldnt determine if you are entitled to tickets. 

-------------

Posted By: Ecumenical Matter
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Anyone who does away games to Switzerland, Denmark and "Georgia" will also need a season ticket to apply so in theory they have done all six games too. While living in Donegal is a disadvantage when it comes to travelling to home games (travel from Cork myself) we are now living in 2019 where most areas of Ireland are accessible by road and your post code shouldnt determine if you are entitled to tickets. 

Any fair system needs to reward those who support the team home and away. If you don’t go to the home games you should be at the end of the queue for away tickets.

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:24pm

You don't need a season ticket to apply for away tickets

Posted By: Mr_T
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:07pm

I don't get this attitude. Why do you stop supporting a team because they're sh*te? 

Absolutely.  For all the reservations i have about renewing my Season Ticket this will never be one.

Anybody who decide to stop supporting their country because of last night can f**k off.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:17pm

Absolutely.  For all the reservations i have about renewing my Season Ticket this will never be one.

Anybody who decide to stop supporting their country because of last night can f**k off.

Rather than giving the FAI €150 up front now for season ticket, I would rather buy tickets per game. Not saying I am going to stop attending, just don't want to give those c**ts a ball of money up front.

Posted By: EireDub
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:27pm
sorry if this has been answered but I’ve a season ticket for a year now and want to move to 114, Is it easy to move around,the early bird ends tomorrow but I don’t want to lose the seats I have and then not get them back again 

Not trying to be picky or anything,thanks 

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:14pm
Buying game by game, if you attend each one, means you will have given them more money!Confused

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by The Tribesman The Tribesman wrote:

Buying game by game, if you attend each one, means you will have given them more money!Confused

Well aware of that, and I know how stupid that seems. Given the current situation, where a former CEO, with allegations of fraud/corruption surrounding his tenure, is currently picking up in excess of €100k pa for doing nothing, it would be painful to pay for 4 matches up front.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:50am

Very poor roads unfortunately. If I travelled by Sligo it would still be an hour to get on the motorway to Dublin. Was 3 when I got home lastnight after the game having got the bus at 11. It’s hard to do but have managed all in the last 4 years anyway. It does turn many people off the homes games tho.

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:00am
anyone got issues with the portal this morning?

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:05am
Uefa , fifa and the fa’s have no respect for fans . Not one home weekend fixture and much the same for away games .

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:28am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

anyone got issues with the portal this morning?

Yeah I renewed. Got a text from revoult saying the payment had gone through.
Then the next page on the website said there was an error with the card and the payment didn't go through.
Waited a few minutes to see if I'd get a confirmation email, but didn't get anything.
There's a phone number for ticketmaster on the contact page and got through to someone straight away. Was able to tell me that the card worked.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:30am

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:41am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Uefa , fifa and the fa’s have no respect for fans . Not one home weekend fixture and much the same for away games .

Yeah we should be given a prime time sat even slot given the free flowing passing  game we deploy 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net