Print Page | Close Window

Deleted threads!

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: YouBoysInGreen Fanzine
Forum Name: Feedback/Ideas
Forum Description: Let us know what you think and any ideas?
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56692
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Deleted threads!
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: Deleted threads!
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:49am
Could the mods explain why threads on young Irish players Jack Connolly and Sean Kennedy have been deleted?

Thanks

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:48am
I've no idea, threads seems to be upside down now as well! Lads must have been doing a reboot or something

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:27am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I've no idea, threads seems to be upside down now as well! Lads must have been doing a reboot or something

No. That's what happens if you use Google Chrome Australia.  Use Google.ie and you should find things back to normal.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

No. That's what happens if you use Google Chrome Australia.  Use Google.ie and you should find things back to normal.

LOL

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 11:15am
can the mods please explain why the new songs and chants thread hasn't been deleted

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Could the mods explain why threads on young Irish players Jack Connolly and Sean Kennedy have been deleted?

Thanks

BSM made the decision late last night. He felt that there was no need for specific focus on the two lads and that any chatter about them could be made in the prospects thread. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Thanks

BSM made the decision late last night. He felt that there was no need for specific focus on the two lads and that any chatter about them could be made in the prospects thread. 

I very much doubt it was BSM not his style.

The Jack Connolly one is a strange was given that the thread was a year and a half old!

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:30pm
Sorry for not replying to the pm DM - been very busy of late and I'd no idea either 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:39pm

Thanks

I agree with this analogy, I don't think there is need for every player who is Irish and plays a game needs a thread.

If they make it to full senior football then perhaps but some lad who plays underage football for a league 2 or national conference team needs a thread.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Thanks

I agree with this analogy, I don't think there is need for every player who is Irish and plays a game needs a thread.

If they make it to full senior football then perhaps but some lad who plays underage football for a league 2 or national conference team needs a thread.
Although I agree with lassie, not guilty in these particular instances. 

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Thanks

Although I agree with lassie, not guilty in these particular instances. 

Me neitherApprove

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 11:44pm
Guilty as charged, can't see the need for a thread on every single 15-19 year old that is qualified for us- there's a specific 'Underage Prospects' thread for that exact reason. 

There's 4 or 5 lads on here who discuss little else only English lads who might play for us and young lads that are a minimum of 3-5 years away from the senior team- I'd go as far as suggesting a separate section where all 500 players aged 15-19 eligible for us can have their own individual thread and the 5 lads can chat away amongst themselves rather than clog the main Ireland page with news of a 17 year old left back fringe Irish player who has made 2 Irish underage squads but not actually played for us getting a one year extension for a league one team. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

can the mods please explain why the new songs and chants thread hasn't been deleted

Wink

Never let it be said that we are unresponsive to members requests.............

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:36pm
Ricer thread is locked I see...what did I miss?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:37pm
why is there a line under my post above😁?

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:37pm
Wasn't me anyway, why was it locked?

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Grown men checking a 20 year old boys Social Media stuff to see what he has 'liked' 

As if it was a 12 yr old following Niall Horan. That's what you missed.

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:44pm
Some over zealous mod at work ? 

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Some over zealous mod at work ? 

Hoskins Thumbs Down

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Grown men checking a 20 year old boys Social Media stuff to see what he has 'liked' 

As if it was a 12 yr old following Niall Horan. That's what you missed.

Declan's favourite television show is Game of Thrones, his favourite fruit is pineapples and he is single. 

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:17pm
Poor form Nvidic locking that thread Thumbs Down

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

He had a point!Anyway, it just turned out the post was badly written, which proved another point I made!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Just as things were heating upOuchOnly good could have came from it

-------------

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 8:35am
How come the thread I started last night about Ybig stalkers was deleted? 

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Yours and Docs equally ridiculous threads were deleted. You two will be getting an extended holiday if the bollixology keeps up.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 9:16am

Yours and Docs equally ridiculous threads were deleted. You two will be getting an extended holiday if the bollixology keeps up.

My thread was ridiculous for showing that I'm being hounded on the forum. A poster who sets up a thread openly bullying and taunting another poster is still active on the forum? This after a year or more of clear attempts to stalk and wum myself.

Yet the issue is with me as much as him. That is ludicrous.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:10am
LOL  this is a new low for the the poor Hans, a wum multi poster acting the bollix on most thread now crying to mods yet again after been caught by the bollix, you sir are a bully a liar and worst of all a fckin RAT 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:15am

LOL  this is a new low for the the poor Hans, a wum multi poster acting the bollix on most thread now crying to mods yet again after been caught by the bollix, you sir are a bully a liar and worst of all a fckin RAT 

Unf*ckingbelievable that this nonsense is allowed to go on.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:19am

Unf*ckingbelievable that this nonsense is allowed to go on.
Stop been a drama queen LOL oh look look the big bad doc is showing me up again for what I am a spoofer LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:24am
And the holiday starts now. Two grown men ffs.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:31am

And thank goodness for that .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:57am
off anywhere nice lads? Don’t forget your armbandsBig smile

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:50am

Clap Clap Clap 

BigStrongman's #2 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:03pm
I see JD hasn’t stepped down from being a ybig mod so.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:39pm

I see JD hasn’t stepped down from being a ybig mod so.

Nobody forcing you to log on Coyner, if you don't like it you can go for a stroll by your own choice or by mine.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 2:56pm
dead right sham , the two eejits need a break 

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 3:07pm
Struggling to see what Doc did wrong tbh.

I saw 1 idiot going across the ROI section spamming his usual nonsense looking for a bite only for Doc to respond and verbally manhandle him to the point the idiot starts crying wolf and shouting victim.

But let's not look at the facts, not the first time either eh Sham.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 4:38pm

Struggling to see what Doc did wrong tbh.

I saw 1 idiot going across the ROI section spamming his usual nonsense looking for a bite only for Doc to respond and verbally manhandle him to the point the idiot starts crying wolf and shouting victim.

But let's not look at the facts, not the first time either eh Sham.

Given some of the nonsense you’ve posted I bow to your superior knowledge of not looking at facts. Now as said, if you don't like it then you know what you can do Coyner, I’ve done as much explaining as Im going to and more than I have to. 

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 5:33pm
Would rather be posting nonsense than be an absolute dirt of a mod who bans people for giving someone sh*t for harassing/looking for bites from other forum members which would of gone unnoticed if he hadn't responded.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:46pm
Off you go in sympathy there CoynerLOL

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:56pm
Coyne like the young lad in the school classroom who sees his idol get a detention so wants to join him LOL

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 8:22pm

Would rather be posting nonsense than be an absolute dirt of a mod who bans people for giving someone sh*t for harassing/looking for bites from other forum members which would of gone unnoticed if he hadn't responded.
LOLLOL Nonsense 

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 8:26pm

HarassingLOL.

Also, it’s f**king have, not of!!!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Coyne like the young lad in the school classroom who sees his idol get a detention so wants to join him LOL
LOLhes really pushing for a holiday here!

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:13pm

LOLhes really pushing for a holiday here!

The Camino walking holiday in Spain

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 3:29pm
Not happy about the latest ban but hey ho I will put it down to a certain mod been in the time of the month and running low on shampons

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 4:29pm
It is disgraceful that you are still posting on here after the thread you started before your ban.

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 4:36pm
LOLLOLLOL

The lads are back.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 4:38pm

Not happy about the latest ban but hey ho I will put it down to a certain mod been in the time of the month and running low on shampons

Long time no speak LOL

Have you had an interesting 10 days? I have. LOL

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:06pm
LOL

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:12pm
Can the mods on here explain where is the line in terms of bullying on Ybig? I'm presuming it's just a case of anything goes, is it?

If certain posters past actions don't result in a permanent ban, then there really is no line that can't be crossed on here.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:31pm
Hans do you not find it embarrassing as a grown man (supposedly) you got a ban from a football forum?

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Hans do you not find it embarrassing as a grown man (supposedly) you got a ban from a football forum?

Do you know why I was banned?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:39pm

I think I have been banned from every forum I joined, bar one, and I’ve been on loads! LOL
I wouldn’t describe myself as a grown man though! 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:44pm
I have no problem being banned. Mods have a job to do. I was banned for a week or so a couple of years back and I wouldn't argue about it. 

This time around, there was no explanation whatsoever for my banning. Essentially I was banned for pulling up a poster on his despicable behaviour on here. A poster who without doubt should be permanently banned. That poster may well have gone on and used a new registration, but at least Ybig looks like it's dealing with such behaviour. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think I have been banned from every forum I joined, bar one, and I’ve been on loads! LOL

LOL

I would imagine you would be the type who wouldn't be too bothered by a ban mind.

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:46pm
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:47pm

Do you know why I was banned?

Missed it at the time.

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:47pm

Long time no speak LOL

You go for a long walk?

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:48pm

LOL

I would imagine you would be the type of who wouldn't be too bothered by a ban mind.
Part of the fun! I think I have been banned three times off one site I used to frequent. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:54pm

Long time no speak LOL

You go for a long walk?

No, something alot more entertaining than walks. Hospital for 2 days MMA sparring for my scrap in 3 weeks time.

Tried to get up as he attempted to dive on me and this occured LOL  https://i.imgur.com/yQ1vbDd.jpg" rel="nofollow - https://i.imgur.com/yQ1vbDd.jpg   

YBIG would of been perfect entertainment except the big blouse mod banned me LOL

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:56pm
Nobody gives a f*ck

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:58pm
off ye go.

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 6:00pm
Genuinely, nobody gives a f*ck. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 6:01pm
Tremendous.LOL Who will be banned again first? 

8/13 Moleman
6/4 Coyner
6-1 Doc
25-1 Myself

33-1 Bar

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 6:03pm

8/13 Moleman
6/4 Coyner
6-1 Doc
25-1 Myself

33-1 Bar

Will you take bets on the tricast?

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

8/13 Moleman
6/4 Coyner
6-1 Doc
25-1 Myself

33-1 Bar

I can’t afford that!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 6:15pm

Genuinely, nobody gives a f*ck. 

LOL

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

8/13 Moleman
6/4 Coyner
6-1 Doc
25-1 Myself

33-1 Bar

I can’t afford that!

In fairness, looking back, the 6/4 on Coyne was incredible value given his last comment. I got greedy I spose

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 9:05pm

Long time no speak LOL

You go for a long walk?

No, something alot more entertaining than walks. Hospital for 2 days MMA sparring for my scrap in 3 weeks time.

Tried to get up as he attempted to dive on me and this occured LOL  https://i.imgur.com/yQ1vbDd.jpg" rel="nofollow - https://i.imgur.com/yQ1vbDd.jpg   

YBIG would of been perfect entertainment except the big blouse mod banned me LOL

Are you Michael from I’m Alan Partridge

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 9:40pm

Nobody gives a f*ck

LOL

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:08am

It is disgraceful that you are still posting on here after the thread you started before your ban.
There is an oul long term saying on here for people like you who constantly whine and moan to the mods like a bitch about trying to get genuine posters banned but I can’t remember it so this will have to surfice for now so fckin rim me you prag

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:13am

Long time no speak LOL

LOL i actually had an interesting few days, you were very harshly treated here just for pointing out the crazy decision for the bans shame on that mod, there is a slight chance I will be in your neck of the woods when your fight comes around if so I will tag along to have a peepThumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:45am

There is an oul long term saying on here for people like you who constantly whine and moan to the mods like a bitch about trying to get genuine posters banned but I can’t remember it so this will have to surfice for now so fckin rim me you prag

Nobody gives a f*ck. White noise, that is all your posts are. 9 million posts and counting and you're yet to say a single thing of note on the forum.

-------------

Posted By: Greenlad11
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:50am
Ye should meet up lads and have a few pints.

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:54am

Nobody gives a f*ck. White noise, that is all your posts are. 9 million posts and counting and you're yet to say a single thing of note on the forum.
See the first 4 words of your guff there,  have a good long look in the mirror and repeat that to yourself LOL then fck off to some other forum and hope you don’t get pulled up by someone who sees how much of a bluffer and liar and quiet frankly a fckin moaning bitch you are, nobody gives a fck LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

Ye should meet up lads and have a few pints.
I would love that LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:38pm
Sunderland thread locked LOL

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:40pm
Not guilty 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:00pm
Like so many threads on the forum these days it's diluted with far too much poor content, mainly down to all the clickbait stuff that leaves no real room for genuine debate or whatever.

I don't know many, if any groundbreaking transfer stories that go unnoticed for too long given the quick access we all have to various media outlets. 

Nothing wrong with a bit of transfer news on any given thread mind, but it's just way too much on some threads.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:10pm
Thoughts on Super Glenn Whelan?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Thoughts on Super Glenn Whelan?

LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:54pm
It got to the stage where the thread was being bumped for the sake of being bumped.

No one minds the matchday talk or planned meetups but when it comes to naming every single transfer rumour I can safely say everyone got fed up of the seeing thread bumped.

The Bundesliga thread we have, you'll have the few followers we have discussing the matchday weekends but you'll never see them post about Jan Van Bloggs being linked to Dynamo Dresden

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net