Print Page | Close Window

DDSL violence.

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: Get your nicks and socks on!
Forum Name: The Coaches Room
Forum Description: Training ideas / moany players / moany parents / Coaching badges etc
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56684
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:50pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: DDSL violence.
Posted By: max
Subject: DDSL violence.
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 5:55pm
https://www.rte.ie/amp/1008730/?__twitter_impression=true%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/amp/1008730/?__twitter_impression=true

Replies:
Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:18am

Hoped you were gonna post a video.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:23am
Dubs Thumbs Down

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Dubs Thumbs Down
And teams from Kildare, Meath, Louth and Wicklow.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Dubs Thumbs Down
Bit unfair from teams from other parts of Dublin like Wexford, Carlow and Monaghan...

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Dubs Thumbs Down
Bit unfair from teams from other parts of Dublin like Wexford, Carlow and Monaghan...
Their applications are being considering, Longford too.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:46pm

Dubs Thumbs Down
Their applications are being considering, Longford too.
I was doing wondering about them.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:57pm
I remember as a kid we played O'Deveney Gardens and they had a few players sent off and they chased the ref to his car after the game

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I remember as a kid we played O'Deveney Gardens and they had a few players sent off and the ref chased his car after the game
Fixed that

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:06pm

Dubs Thumbs Down
1/10...poor effort by your standardsCry

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I remember as a kid we played O'Deveney Gardens and they had a few players sent off and the ref chased his car after the game
Fixed that
LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:56pm

I remember as a kid we played O'Deveney Gardens and they had a few players sent off and they chased the ref to his car after the game
This would happen every time you played in the San Siro in Ballymun (aka the Theatre of Screams).

Players would be edging over to the sideline anticipating the final whistle and then it was a legger to the cars under a hail of stones etc. Starsky and Hutch it outta there to the nearest pub or supermarket car park to get changed out of your muddy gear.

Remember once, u10s, Friday night match early May in the San Siro, it was 1-1 and the locals got a penalty in the last minute (as was customary). The natives poured out onto the balconies roaring and screaming. Poor little fcuker missed it. Cue carnage. Kids throwing digs as they legged it to the cars.

Great memories.

-------------

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 4:01pm

This would happen every time you played in the San Siro in Ballymun (aka the Theatre of Screams).

Players would be edging over to the sideline anticipating the final whistle and then it was a legger to the cars under a hail of stones etc. Starsky and Hutch it outta there to the nearest pub or supermarket car park to get changed out of your muddy gear.

Remember once, u10s, Friday night match early May in the San Siro, it was 1-1 and the locals got a penalty in the last minute (as was customary). The natives poured out onto the balconies roaring and screaming. Poor little fcuker missed it. Cue carnage. Kids throwing digs as they legged it to the cars.

Great memories.

That's exactly how it happened the one and only time I played there! Some spot

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 4:49pm

-------------

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:03pm

Great memories.

Confused

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:05pm
Possibly the most intimidating place to play an underage game at the time. Was taking a throw in before and some f*cker dropped a black cat beside my foot LOL

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:37pm
what are you a witch or something Huntcha?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:28pm
Played out at the San Siro (Balbutcher Lane?) in 82/83 for St. Joes Boys, at one point during the game our center forward and their center half put on a Taekwondo exhibition. 
The players from both sides just stood there watching in fascination while the ref ran the length of the pitch to break it up.

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Possibly the most intimidating place to play an underage game at the time. Was taking a throw in before and some f*cker dropped a black cat beside my foot LOL

Was u13s out there once and I was taking a throw in and a grown man tripped me up as I was taking it. Mental place to play. LOL

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 2:58pm
Another mental place to play in the 80s/90s was the Boys Brigade pitch in Teresas Gardens in Donore Avenue.

Only one way in and one way out through the flats.

These flats were on Panorama LOL

-------------

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:15pm
The San Siro - a right blast from the past. Even the refs were on smack.

Mind yer flat instead of mind yer house always made me laugh. Always remember Ballymun Hearts having non Irish born kids back when most teams had exclusively white irish kids playing for them. Talking early to mid 90s.

Mad mad spot to play ball as a young lad even. Made the Donaghies and Millbrook look like Herbert Park.

Other fun away days were Fettercairn, Killenarden and Whitestown. Very angry natives. Fettercairn was an absolute maze of an estate.

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:27pm
The San SiroClap

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:39am
Not the DDSL but shocking stuff

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-investigating-after-referee-allegedly-attacked-after-soccer-match-37517057.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-investigating-after-referee-allegedly-attacked-after-soccer-match-37517057.html

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net