Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:40am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The new mental health thread
Posted By: pre Madonna
Subject: The new mental health thread
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:38pm
Seeing as the old one went missing...

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Replies:
Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:46pm
Celtic being hammered by Red Bull Salzburg

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:54pm
Hence the title... Mods can rename it the mental health thread if they want, the differences are minor.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:57pm
Trying to locate the original one

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:24pm
Whatever happened to the Players lounger in Fairview???

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Whatever happened to the Players lounger in Fairview???
Its still there Wink

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:35pm
how are all the lads? 

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 7:07am
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

how are all the lads? 
Fine Flanno , my new Wrexham top looks great you should get one Big smile

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Should we be concerned ?

Stick a ‘missing’ post on Facebook ?

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Should we be concerned ?

Stick a ‘missing’ post on Facebook ?
I'm getting flashbacks!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

how are all the lads? 
Fine Flanno , my new Wrexham top looks great you should get one Big smile

I'm alright for bog roll thanks.

How's burnley? I've not been there in a few months.

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 3:39pm
glad to see a thread on this again... was getting over all my anxiety and depression 
Struggling big time at the moment, 13 months ago loosing my dad, 3 months ago loosing my Mam unexpectedly and now my girlfriend who i was expecting our first baby with has broken up with me and using my grieving as one of the reasons 😢 sh*t sh*t times

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

glad to see a thread on this again... was getting over all my anxiety and depression 
Struggling big time at the moment, 13 months ago loosing my dad, 3 months ago loosing my Mam unexpectedly and now my girlfriend who i was expecting our first baby with has broken up with me and using my grieving as one of the reasons 😢 sh*t sh*t times
Hey Eire, I hope you are holding up alright. I was hoping things would get sorted for you with the baby coming. Any chance that things will get reconciled with the ex? 
As I said on facebook if you are ever getting the ferry over give me a shout and we can go for a pint and a chat on your way passed.

-------------
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:21am
Head has gone. I know I'm a **** on here, but if anybody can help, or make me feel better, I would appreciate it.
Jokes always welcome.

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:27am
Sorry to hear you're not doing great PM

Did you by any chance listen to the Joe Rogan podcast with Tyson Fury? Decent interview to pass an hour and interesting listen Thumbs Up

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:30am

Head has gone. I know I'm a **** on here, but if anybody can help, or make me feel better, I would appreciate it.
Jokes always welcome.

You didn't specify the desired quality of the joke so...

I can swallow two pieces of string and when they come out the other end, they'll be tied together. I sh*t you knot.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:33am
Well, you made me laugh through the tears!

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:36am

Jokes always welcome.

Sorry to hear that bud give me a pm or a ring if you want a chat.

I'm, off to a funeral in about an hour so if I don't respond after then that's why.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:42am
Thanks pal, I might give you a message later.

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:46am
Sorry to hear mate could be worse I sat on a sheet of glass the other day was a right pane in the ass

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:49am
It made me laugh, although I am drunk.

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:49am
LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:51am
Did you hear the joke about the broken glass? It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:53am
I'm not that drunk Tony!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:56am

I'm not that drunk Tony!

Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:33pm
Hope you are feeling better soon. And do reach out and talk to people : Will be plenty of people who will want to help.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Hope you are feeling better soon. And do reach out and talk to people : Will be plenty of people who will want to help.

Thanks! I'm certainly realising that. The reason I'm an anarchist is because people are broadly good.

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:45pm

Jaysus lads, PM says he is struggling and you’re sticking the boot in with some horrific jokes! 
Sorry you’re not feeling great man. This day will pass like all others. Better times won’t be far away. Fair play for speaking up 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:54pm
Yeah agreed. Anyone here would take a DM or a call at any stage if you needed it. Keep the head up

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:03pm
Nothing is too serious to be joked about! I genuinely appreciate the support I'm getting, I really need it!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:08pm

Nothing is too serious to be joked about! I genuinely appreciate the support I'm getting, I really need it!
hope youre not planning another game of hide and seek? You were that good the last time fookers had to call in search teams ffs.

Seriously hope you get through the current woes and come out the other end your normal hate everything self.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:11pm
LOL
I did think about it. I love hiding!

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:19pm
I'm struggling to find a sh*te joke, sorry PM

I sh*t you knot was a good one Clap

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:43pm
I have my own problems too.  I got diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder and Paranoia.  We think that psychiatrist has it in for us though.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:47pm
Should try to open a thread before it jumps PM , better than Super Mario .

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:20pm
gonna make this a sticky so it doesn't fall down the list again Thumbs Up

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

gonna make this a sticky so it doesn't fall down the list again Thumbs Up
Clap

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:14pm
Sorry to hear how you are feeling PM. No doubting it's that time of year as well where things can get on top of people. One thing I'd say is that a skinful of beer isn't the answer when feeling low. A couple of pints ok, but by the end if a session that low feeling could be 20 times worse.

As lads say here, chat to people close to you. Had a big personal blow myself recently, and I'm definitely a person who likes to deal with stuff by myself, not much talking to others about it. After chatting to a couple of close friends/family there was definitely a feeling of some weight being lifted though. Even just having people around you, there doesn't necessarily have to be a big long conversation had.

Anyway, back to the main topic. A joke.

What is the first sign of madness? 

Suggs walking up your driveway..... 

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Sorry to hear how you are feeling PM. No doubting it's that time of year as well where things can get on top of people. One thing I'd say is that a skinful of beer isn't the answer when feeling low. A couple of pints ok, but by the end if a session that low feeling could be 20 times worse.

As lads say here, chat to people close to you. Had a big personal blow myself recently, and I'm definitely a person who likes to deal with stuff by myself, not much talking to others about it. After chatting to a couple of close friends/family there was definitely a feeling of some weight being lifted though. Even just having people around you, there doesn't necessarily have to be a big long conversation had.

Id say its handing MON a pay rise and new contract after getting hammered 5-1 at home to a side like Denmark.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 5:12pm

LOLBig smile That's my level! I genuinely appreciate all the kind wishes, sometimes you need them!

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 6:32pm
You're a top man and a top poster PM. I know I appreciate when you agree with my posts and laugh at my jokes. I definitely rate your replies more than most other posters, anyway. You generally make a great contribution on here.

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:46pm
Have been through some dark days myself PM and it’s not easy when you are in that head space, not thinking straight more so negatively, as someone else said try lay off the booze it definitely doesn’t help but you know that already. 

Best of luck with it all PM you’ll get through it, always available for a chat by PM if you need to reach out, don’t face the demons alone you deserve better you’re a great poster on here 👍

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:54pm

Jokes always welcome.

Stop listening to Depeche Mode and stop following Celtic Smile

its only 37 days to the YBIG Xmas do

we are one day closer to MON being gone

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:55pm
I think you are a cantankerous auld sh*te on here but you do come out with some cracking one liners! Stay strong. Wink

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:17am

The first sign of madness is hair on the plam of your hand .

Now the second sign is looking for them .

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:19am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Have been through some dark days myself PM and it’s not easy when you are in that head space, not thinking straight more so negatively, as someone else said try lay off the booze it definitely doesn’t help but you know that already. 

Best of luck with it all PM you’ll get through it, always available for a chat by PM if you need to reach out, don’t face the demons alone you deserve better you’re a great poster on here 👍

Well said Sono being able to chat can make a difference I know that from personal experience and pM has been there for me so I'm only a phone call or message away.

-------------

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:57am
I hope today is a better day PM, you're a great contributor to the forum and a funny f**ker too Clap

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:12am
Keep the chin up Pre Maddser. Theres always a better day not to far ahead mate Thumbs UpThumbs Up

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:13am
Punctuating my post above might bring you some form of normality !

-------------

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:16am
Chin up PM. sent ya a msg there on whatasapp. always good to talk my friend. 

a song i always turn to when the head in down is Damien Dempsey's Chris and Stevie, and as Damo says it's all about talking. love yourself today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhIhGbe0bsE&list=RDrhIhGbe0bsE&start_radio=1" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhIhGbe0bsE&list=RDrhIhGbe0bsE&start_radio=1

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 10:24am
I know a load of jokes about unemployed people but none of them just seem to work

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Keep the chin up Pre Maddser. Theres always a better day not to far ahead mate Thumbs UpThumbs Up
This

I was going through a hard time myself about 5-6 years ago when I was between jobs and low on confidence and morale. If someone had told me at that time that I would be going away on football trips abroad following Ireland and living it up going to a major tournament, I'd have told them to stop talking sh*te.

Thankfully, things did improve for me - I got a permanent job in the NI Civil Service and then my family suggested going on those aforementioned away trips when I was telling them about mates who had been doing so.

Just goes to show, you never know what's (good) round the corner, even if it seems unlikely that better times are ahead. Thumbs Up

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 11:47am
The support really means a lot. Thank you. It really helps.

-------------

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 12:04pm
Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time PM. I would echo the sentiments about better days being ahead. Around this time last year I was in a pretty bad place, as I was out of work because of a broken ankle. I spent my days of recovery trying to find a new job but what I found myself doing instead was sliding into depression. Every applications I made received no reply and when they did, I was rejected. One such rejection left me so despondent I almost didn't travel to Denmark for the playoff last year. I was angry and upset with everything that was going on in my life. I couldn't even go for a walk to take my mind off things!

Fast forward 12 months, I'm not going to Denmark. Ireland are still playing sh*te but I've got a much better job, I've moved back to Galway and I've a one month old daughter to be thinking about. The contrast is unreal in that time and thankfully my wellbeing is too.

Moral of the story, breaking my ankle was the best thing that happened to me LOL although I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Hope you're feeling better today, great to see the YBIG community supporting one of their own in these times Clap

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 12:06pm
as i told you before, stop listening to Morrissey or the smiths you miserable cünt.

Hope you pull through pal. A few tugs and go and treat yourself to something nice works for me. 

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 1:32pm
Hey PM, seconding all that has gone before me here. But thoughts with ya pal Thumbs UpHeart 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:09pm

I think that's a reflection on how popular you are bud.

-------------

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Hey PM, seconding all that has gone before me here. But thoughts with ya pal Thumbs UpHeart 

100% concur.

I hope all is getting better each day, PM.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:22pm
No matter how dark the hour.
How bleak the day.
How grim the month.
You can always,
always, remind yourself
You are 

Not a f**king Dub LOL

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:30pm
LOL

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:49pm
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:54pm
Or a fckin ginge

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I reckon its more that lads who’ve ever had a cross word or difference with him just trying to wash any sense of guilt off their hands if he does something stupid.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I reckon its more that lads who’ve ever had a cross word or difference with him just trying to wash any sense of guilt off their hands if he does something stupid.
If I do anything stupid it won't be because of a falling out with a stranger on the internet or the likes! 
There's a lot of good people on here, as I found out yesterday and today it has greatly helped and I appreciate it. It made a difference. Some posters went above and beyond what was needed.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:37pm
Another one from @giantpoppywatch for you PM

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:40pm
That would drive anyone to a mental breakdown.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That would drive anyone to a mental breakdown.

I'm sure you wouldn't let it in your box!

Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:54pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

If I do anything stupid it won't be because of a falling out with a stranger on the internet or the likes! 
There's a lot of good people on here, as I found out yesterday and today it has greatly helped and I appreciate it. It made a difference. Some posters went above and beyond what was needed.
Well dont be doing anything stupid... but glad lads have helped Clap

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

as i told you before, stop listening to Morrissey or the smiths you miserable cünt.

Hope you pull through pal. A few tugs and go and treat yourself to something nice works for me. 

You should treat yourself to a new TV in Curry’s I think PM
They have Sony 50 inch TVs on sale for just £80
The volume doesn’t work on them, but at that price, you can’t turn them down 

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

No matter how dark the hour.
How bleak the day.
How grim the month.
You can always,
always, remind yourself
You are 

Not a f**king Dub LOL

LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:53pm
Don't let Drog's blasphemous tirade against Morrissey and the Smiths get to you PM. He knows not of  what he speaks. Wink

Codding aside hope you're feeling better. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Don't let Drog's blasphemous tirade against Morrissey and the Smiths get to you PM. He knows not of  what he speaks. Wink

I listen to more of Marr and his solo stuff these days anyway. I find The Smiths cathartic though.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 10:45pm
As I have been so open, largely because I was hungover to f**k, although I am glad I was, has anybody every tried kicking the booze permanently? That has to be the next step, any tips? I know different things work for different people and I'm game to anything from AA to EST and acronymics anonymous.

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 10:49pm

As I have been so open, largely because I was hungover to f**k, although I am glad I was, has anybody every tried kicking the booze permanently? That has to be the next step, any tips? I know different things work for different people and I'm game to anything from AA to EST and acronymics anonymous.

they say smoking is harder to kick , I packed it in  during the week for 3 months, smoked at weekends before packing it in

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:07am

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I listen to more of Marr and his solo stuff these days anyway. I find The Smiths cathartic though.

Smiths music cheers me up when I'm feeling down.

Re giving up booze (on another post by you) it gives me something to look foward today when I receive bad news like today for instance.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:34am
@pre Madonna thanks for the pm most appreciated.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 9:40am
Anytime pal, you have my number too. Because I have spent most of my life ignoring advice I should have taken I'm actually not bad at it or, ironically enough, listening. 

I'm the first to complain if anybody starts taking a football forum seriously and am, to quote the Barenaked Ladies, "the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral", but I am genuinely grateful to those who have shown me support on here. I have a long way to go but I finally realised a common factor that I mentioned above; quitting the booze. Not the easiest thing to do, especially when we have two games this week. 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:17am

Anytime pal, you have my number too. Because I have spent most of my life ignoring advice I should have taken I'm actually not bad at it or, ironically enough, listening. 

I'm the first to complain if anybody starts taking a football forum seriously and am, to quote the Barenaked Ladies, "the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral", but I am genuinely grateful to those who have shown me support on here. I have a long way to go but I finally realised a common factor that I mentioned above; quitting the booze. Not the easiest thing to do, especially when we have two games this week. 

This team would drive you to the drink. I'd advise you not to watch them!

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:20pm
Good man PM. Brave of you and others to speak out Thumbs Up

Posted By: I play the banjo
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:05am
Head is really, really f**ked. Been too heavy on drink the past few months, kicked off by something quite serious happening in the family, and started delving into drugs too which was a big mistake. Having a serious effect on my relationships and financial life and all starting to hit home with xmas coming up. Biggest eye opener was being called into a disciplinary meeting with work this morning after being late again Friday morning, and possibly being broke for the Christmas due to owing money from what I've gotten myself into. 

Feel like i'm on the verge of a mental breakdown and haven't a clue what to do, recently graduated with a good job and I can feel myself throwing it all away. any advice from anyone else on here would be greatly appreciated as I have kept this a bit of a secret to everybody else in the real world.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:42pm
Anyone on here know of any good ways of reliving stress that's brought on by anxiety. It gets so bad at times I'm waking in the middle of the night because of it and sleep pattern is destroyed

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:44pm
Go for a walk before bed. Can't go wrong Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:54pm
Exactly..... exercise and fresh air. Eat well (healthy).
Early to bed, early to rise.
Cut any “misery guts” out of your life.
But you need to talk one on one with someone about what’s on your mind, even if there is not one particular thing that is on your mind, and even if it means you ramble on for ages about nothing in particular.

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 12:19am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Exactly..... exercise and fresh air. Eat well (healthy).
Early to bed, early to rise.
Cut any “misery guts” out of your life.
But you need to talk one on one with someone about what’s on your mind, even if there is not one particular thing that is on your mind, and even if it means you ramble on for ages about nothing in particular.

Keane has been removed. Check.

Ahhh, feel better already.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 6:26am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Anyone on here know of any good ways of reliving stress that's brought on by anxiety. It gets so bad at times I'm waking in the middle of the night because of it and sleep pattern is destroyed

As has been said on this thread you need to talk to family and friends talking about it has always worked for me getting problems off my chest.

I hope things improve for you soon.

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 7:27am
Always find it helps to write down what's causing my anxiety and how to solve it, never as bad as I think.

Started playing squash lately and it's done wonders for me, always tried the gym but never enjoyed it so didn't go. Really enjoying the squash now and felt much better for it. 

Good to try find exercise you enjoy because nobody will stick with something they don't like, took me years to find it. 

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 8:58am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Always find it helps to write down what's causing my anxiety and how to solve it, never as bad as I think.

Started playing squash lately and it's done wonders for me, always tried the gym but never enjoyed it so didn't go. Really enjoying the squash now and felt much better for it. 

Good to try find exercise you enjoy because nobody will stick with something they don't like, took me years to find it. 

worked with an ex US Marine in Darwin and he used to preach this every friday morning at the prestart meeting. 
we would have about 300 construction workers in our section and he would hand out paper and pens to every single one of them. he would give them 5 minutes to write down all your issues and then go back to their locker and put the paper in it. He would say to them that he wants to cross off 1 or 2 of those issues the following week. the following Friday he would send the lads back to their lockers at a random stand down point in the day to get the paper. he would ask them to add to the list first and then cross off anything that they have put to bed. Morale on Site was excellent after about 6 to 8 weeks and a lot of people appreciated it. 

it is something i have used since with training hurling teams and it does work. Good suggestion nvidic i totally forgot to post about this before! Clap

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

worked with an ex US Marine in Darwin and he used to preach this every friday morning at the prestart meeting. 
we would have about 300 construction workers in our section and he would hand out paper and pens to every single one of them. he would give them 5 minutes to write down all your issues and then go back to their locker and put the paper in it. He would say to them that he wants to cross off 1 or 2 of those issues the following week. the following Friday he would send the lads back to their lockers at a random stand down point in the day to get the paper. he would ask them to add to the list first and then cross off anything that they have put to bed. Morale on Site was excellent after about 6 to 8 weeks and a lot of people appreciated it. 

it is something i have used since with training hurling teams and it does work. Good suggestion nvidic i totally forgot to post about this before! Clap

No worries, always helps me sleep better! Know a few people who swear by it, albeit never heard of it for 300 people, that's good to hear.

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

If its playing up at night try mindfulness before you sleep, Works well for me, Just search it into youtube and find the right one for you. Ive recently joined a gym, doing cardio a couple of times a week helps big time, afterwards I feel great and it helps me to sleep easier. Tough at times but you just got to keep going, even though it is brutal at times.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 2:37pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V23mbXssIQs&feature=youtu.be

Clap  Brilliant from Iain Lee (obviously a guy who has gone through stuff himself)

Keeps a guy who has taken an overdose on the phone while emergency services were been called.

A tough listen but as I said brilliant from Lee

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:25pm
Didn't know where to put this, but here seemed most appropriate. This, believe it or not, will be my last day posting here. Forums have,for a long time, been the limit of my anxiety ridden concentration and the social boundaries of my misanthropy. This is partially a New Year's resolution, I say partially as my main one is taking my alcoholism to the next level.
The one piece of advice I leave here to anybody, but particular those in their late teens and early twenties, is get help when you have the slightest idea something is wrong. You're not superman, I thought I was. Don't be arrogant about your mental health.

-------------

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:38pm
Good luck, PM. Take care of yourself.

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:39pm
Good luck PM, you'll be missed round here

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:44pm
Don't do anything stupid now. No pun=no fun.

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:45pm
Oh shut up you tart.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:46pm

Oh shut up you tart.
That's more like it!

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:47pm

Oh shut up you tart.

LOL

Best of luck PM ye Cork C**t Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:48pm
I'm a West Cork ****, thank you very much.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:51pm
Another Corkman abandoning his countryThumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:52pm
Wishing you nothing but the very best with your continuous struggle with your problems, do not lock yourself away PM you are far too intelligent and very upfront form what I can gather on here about your problems and would be a great addition to any group of people needing help with these similar problems, I am very sure you could actually make a huge difference with other people in the same situation, do not be hesitate to come back on here or even PM if you need a sympathetic ear now and then would be only too glad to offer help, you will be a big loss here so don’t make it permanent far to many good characters gone from here already Thumbs Up

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net