Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56567
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 2:00am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Jimmy Dunne
Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Subject: Jimmy Dunne
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:33pm
Another clean-sheet for the 20 year old for Hearts at the top of the SPL. 

Surprised he wasn't in our U21 squad.

Replies:
Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 12:28pm
Named in the SPL team of the week, as his team (scummy as they are) sit top of the table. 

Not good enough for our under-21s though. 

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 1:30pm
Problem with King is he's got his favourites and will stick by some of those he trusts. When you consider for the second half of last season that Dunne was starting for Accrington Stanley who won league two and Donnellan played with Yeovil who finished 19th in League 2 and Kane couldn't get his game with Cork it was clear King had some favourites. Hopefully though the man is given the bullet and Tom Mohan moves up to coach the players he had at 19s for the 21s.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 5:17pm
Scores again for Hearts in a 3-1 loss vs Rangers. 

Not sure how he played today but it seems hearts fans have been very impressed by him so far, some are saying he’s a much better prospect than Souttar who is Scotland’s best underage prospect at centre back. 

Posted By: ErsatzThistle
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Scores again for Hearts in a 3-1 loss vs Rangers. 

Not sure how he played today but it seems hearts fans have been very impressed by him so far, some are saying he’s a much better prospect than Souttar who is Scotland’s best underage prospect at centre back. 

Nah, that's Scott McKenna Thumbs Up

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 8:39pm
Jesus! You boys really are f**ked at centre half!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:52am
This has got to be a joke, right?  Right?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/u21-defender-dunne-considers-switch-to-north-37411224.html " rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/u21-defender-dunne-considers-switch-to-north-37411224.html  ;

Kevins Boys' player, Armstrong Oxoflex playing for England Yuff and now Dundalk lad thinking of playing for the North?  What is going on??!?

At this rate, we can't even keep our own players, let alone looking at dual-nationality players born abroad. Ouch

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 6:22am
That'd be disastrous if true, he looks a talent. I have to say though, it has always puzzled me that the IFA don't seem to go after more southerm-born guys with northern-born parents/grandparents, there must be loads...

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:46am
Says it all about the current senior & under 21's setup Dead

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:43am
Link is broken and cant see on the website

EDIT: correct link here:

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/ireland-u21-defender-considering-switch-to-northern-ireland-37411224.html" rel="nofollow - https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/ireland-u21-defender-considering-switch-to-northern-ireland-37411224.html

Shows yet again what an utter gobsh*te King is. One of the few in form players at that level and left on the bench 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:46am
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/ireland-u21-defender-considering-switch-to-northern-ireland-37411224.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/ireland-u21-defender-considering-switch-to-northern-ireland-37411224.html

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:50am
Well done Noel well f**king done 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:13am

That can't be allowed to happen. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: forza trapp
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:22am
Kinger, has a ego the size of Howth head. He can be as stubborn as fk, should not be near any team. Imagine him trying to convince you to play for Ireland.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:24am
Terrible, terrible article.

why is the lack of a competitive cap irrelevant? The FAI still hold his registration, and it'll take at least three months to change that, and probably more.

No quotes from the player, or either football association. He "understood to be considering", so they think they know what he's thinking?

Also left out of that drivel was that the game against Iceland was an U21 international.

this line is absolutely ridiculous
Quote he is free to link up with the North for this week's Nations League qualifiers against Austria and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Even if he was (which he isn't) he was named on the bench in Israel yesterday for the qualifier, and will be flying to Germany for the final game in the group.

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:25am
Never going to happen.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:29am
The worst of all the Irish rags. An embarrassment.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:28am
We should disband the national team if this lad declares for the scum. 

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:32am

f**king hell I thought some of the stuff in the Declan Rice thread couldn't be topped but boy was I wrong LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:39am
It is full on loony season. It's triffic entertainment.

-------------

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Terrible, terrible article.

why is the lack of a competitive cap irrelevant? The FAI still hold his registration, and it'll take at least three months to change that, and probably more.

No quotes from the player, or either football association. He "understood to be considering", so they think they know what he's thinking?

Also left out of that drivel was that the game against Iceland was an U21 international.

this line is absolutely ridiculous
Quote he is free to link up with the North for this week's Nations League qualifiers against Austria and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Even if he was (which he isn't) he was named on the bench in Israel yesterday for the qualifier, and will be flying to Germany for the final game in the group.
I would think they mean when referring to a lack of a competitive cap that he hasn't played for Ireland in an official UEFA match at any level as I'm aware so wouldn't have to formally apply to switch nations. I don't think we need to apply to the English FA to transfer registrations every time we pick a granny ruler, other than the likes of Robinson and Clark who have represented England competitively. Not sure if having played a friendly under-21 match changes that situation though maybe it does?

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:42am
Relax lads - Not a hope this will happen.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**king hell I thought some of the stuff in the Declan Rice thread couldn't be topped but boy was I wrong LOL

Is the purpose of this forum to take clearly tongue in cheek comments and then implicitly quote them saying: “I can’t believe how dumb this person is to post this” and then f**k a heap of smiley faces at the end? 

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

LOL

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:01pm
This probably won't happen. However, lets look at it this way. Young Hearts centre half John Souttar started for Scotland last night (got harshly sent off). Jimmy Dunne is better than Souttar yet Noel King didn't even think he was good enough to start for the Irish U21 team. 

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Bainneban
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:07pm
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-it-takes-until-im-26-to-play-for-ireland-so-be-it-jimmy-dunne-rxh5qhd7p

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:07pm

I'm not equipped to deal with another player nationality declaration triangle. I'm still trying to cope with the Declan Rice one. There should be a limit on the crises or at least some sort of queuing system introduced. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

This probably won't happen. However, lets look at it this way. Young Hearts centre half John Souttar started for Scotland last night (got harshly sent off). Jimmy Dunne is better than Souttar yet Noel King didn't even think he was good enough to start for the Irish U21 team. 

To be fair, Scotland have been very weak at centre back for the past few years, apart from right back, it’s probably the posistion we have our most options in. 

Anything Noel King does should just be discarded and not taken personally, I imagine the players know how much of a clown he is at this stage. 

Dunne probably isn’t far off a senior squad call-up, there probably is a good chance that he’ll make the extended panel for the Northern Ireland friendly. 

Our O’Neill just needs to get on the phone to the lad and tell him that he’s very likely to be part of our long term plans in the next two / three years. 

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:26pm
why is it Noel King's fault Confused

Posted By: daraghj82
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:15pm
dunne's got potential hopefully MON won't take too long to give a senior call up

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:21pm
Love loads of people getting worked up about a player they hadn't heard of yesterday based on a false articleLOL

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:39pm
Article looks like bollocks, but it might be a sign that Jimmy or his agent are a little bolshe and eager to get into the senior set up.

And as others have said, why not? He seems very promising, he’s playing at a good level, and as a left sided CB could be a good option if we consider three at the back

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm not equipped to deal with another player nationality declaration triangle. I'm still trying to cope with the Declan Rice one. There should be a limit on the crises or at least some sort of queuing system introduced. 
It's an epidemic Joe I tell ya !!!

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Bainneban Bainneban wrote:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-it-takes-until-im-26-to-play-for-ireland-so-be-it-jimmy-dunne-rxh5qhd7p%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-it-takes-until-im-26-to-play-for-ireland-so-be-it-jimmy-dunne-rxh5qhd7p

any chance of copy pasting the article?

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:35pm
It'd be an absolute disgrace if Dunne played for those orange c**ts. How bad do things have to get before change is demanded? The Irish are appallingly stoical at times. One of our worst traits. 

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

Originally posted by Bainneban Bainneban wrote:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-it-takes-until-im-26-to-play-for-ireland-so-be-it-jimmy-dunne-rxh5qhd7p%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-it-takes-until-im-26-to-play-for-ireland-so-be-it-jimmy-dunne-rxh5qhd7p

any chance of copy pasting the article?

Article here for those who want to read:

Jimmy Dunne: If it takes until I’m 26 to play for Ireland, so be it

From the salubrious surrounds of Manchester United to unfashionable Accrington Stanley, it has taken a long time but Jimmy Dunne should finally win his first Ireland cap tonight in the under-21 friendly against Iceland.

The FAI often trumpets its extensive programme of international matches, yet from the time he agreed to join United at 15 until this week, there was no space found for the Dundalk native.

It was an unusual and inexplicable omission for a player who opted to end his three-year stay at United in 2016 by moving to fellow Premier League club Burnley.

Still, the call did not come at under-age level.

That finally changed when Noel King, the under-21 manager, could not help but hear the glowing reports emerging from Accrington Stanley, where the strapping 6ft 2in centre back excelled for the side that have risen to the summit of Sky Bet League Two and are on course for promotion.

“Burnley sent me on loan to Conference club Barrow at the start of the season and then Accrington in January,” the 20-year-old said.

“You can only really develop into a defender by playing games that matter. Being part of teams at that level certainly toughens you up and I’m glad Noel thought enough of me to call me up.

“It would make my family very proud to wear that green jersey tonight. I’d never played for Ireland before but neither did Kevin Long until last year.”

Long, a team-mate at Burnley, is proof that budding talents do not necessarily have to follow the beaten track to stardom. He endured a litany of setbacks before making his Premier League debut at 24. His Ireland bow did not arrive until last June by which time he had reached the ripe age of 26.

“If it takes until then, so be it,” Dunne admitted about his own career path. “People at Accrington still talk about Kevin because that was one of the several clubs he spent time on loan at.

“You don’t hear of centre backs going straight from the club’s under-23 team into the Premier League. We have to learn our trade.”

Dunne should be one of many debutants blooded by King tonight. Acting as preparation for Tuesday’s European Championship qualifier against Azerbaijan, newcomers will be given game time. Rory Hale, in prolific form lately for Derry City, is set to lead the line having joined his brother Ronan in the squad as a late call-up.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

It'd be an absolute disgrace if Dunne played for those orange c**ts. How bad do things have to get before change is demanded? The Irish are appalling stoical at times. One of our worst traits. 

What an embarrassing thing to post Dead

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

It'd be an absolute disgrace if Dunne played for those orange c**ts. How bad do things have to get before change is demanded? The Irish are appalling stoical at times. One of our worst traits. 

What is it, exactly, that's getting you in tizzy? The North's fans don't have such delicate sensibilities, I can assure you. Something Dunne might want to bear in mind should he decide to defect to that shower.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:04pm

What is it, exactly, that's getting you in tizzy? The North's fans don't have such delicate sensibilities, I can assure you. Something Dunne might want to bear in mind should he decide to defect to that shower.

"Orange ****s"

Despite numerous Catholic's playing with them currently and a Catholic manager in charge.

Grow up Thumbs Up

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:07pm
My brother in law knows the family.
100% not going to happen.
Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:10pm
Realistically was anyone convinced it was going to happen?

The link had f**k all substance to it anyway.

Dunne would be a good lad to fast track into the senior set up come November, even to be part of the training squad. 

-------------

Posted By: BippityBoop
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:17pm
He's started every game for Hearts this season (playing 90 minutes in all of them) and scored in his last two appearances. Hearts have had an impressive start to the season (Won 5, Drew 1, Lost 1) and are  currently sitting top.

This is the kind of lad we should be having on the fringes of the senior squad.

I hope that this news gives MON a kick up the arse and to notice someone like this, although it's a dangerous precedent if players think they'll get noticed if they threaten to play for a different country in order to play with the senior team.

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:10am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

My brother in law knows the family.
100% not going to happen.
Thumbs Up

But an approach was made by NI ? 

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 7:15pm
Another MOTM for Jimmy today as Hearts stay top.

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 9:10pm

The Hearts supporters seem to love this lad looking at the comments on Twitter 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:35pm
First time i watched him today for a full game, was very impressed.

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

First time i watched him today for a full game, was very impressed.

Did well considering that Hearts were completely outclassed.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:55pm
Doyle and Hayes can't seem to buy a game. Good to see Dunne was alright despite Hearts taking a beating.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:57pm
Hayes is one of a number of deadwood that needs clearing out.

Dunne is a fine player and developing well. He will be capped at senior level soon enough.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:19pm
Supposedly superb for Hearts vs Hibs tonight. 

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:15pm
His post match comments were a disgrace

Feck him he should never get a cap again

Fully expect him to line up for the o6 after his indoctrination since joining hearts

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:17pm
What did the basta say?

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:25pm
He probably said something bad about Saint Neil

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 1:28am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What did the basta say?
I’d also like to know this as I can’t find anything online. 

Any update Tones?

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 4:25am

What did the basta say?

http://https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3427778/neil-lennon-hearts-fan-coin-jimmy-dunne-hibs/" rel="nofollow - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3427778/neil-lennon-hearts-fan-coin-jimmy-dunne-hibs/

An absolute outrage. How dare he criticise fans throwing coins at players/management.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 7:23am
As if this non story is going to stop him getting a cap 

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 8:45am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

What did the basta say?

http://https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3427778/neil-lennon-hearts-fan-coin-jimmy-dunne-hibs/" rel="nofollow - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3427778/neil-lennon-hearts-fan-coin-jimmy-dunne-hibs/

An absolute outrage. How dare he criticise fans throwing coins at players/management.
What does he say? Don't read the S*n.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:14am
His stupid West Brit accent was commenting on how a disgrace the hibs fans were, doubted whether they even threw anything and said how great the hearts fans were

He's a soup taking liar and will enjoy Windsor Park

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:19am
So, he said f**k all?

-------------

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:20am

He said: “That’s the second time at Tynecastle we’ve seen away fans who can’t control their behaviour.

“I understand it’s an emotional game because it’s a derby.

“But it’s ridiculous behaviour. I think fans should be embarrassed by themselves.”

Asked about the Lennon incident, he added: “I need to see that – I didn’t see that.”

Shut up Tony

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

He said: “That’s the second time at Tynecastle we’ve seen away fans who can’t control their behaviour.

“I understand it’s an emotional game because it’s a derby.

“But it’s ridiculous behaviour. I think fans should be embarrassed by themselves.”

Asked about the Lennon incident, he added: “I need to see that – I didn’t see that.”

Shut up Tony

sounds like Wenger

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:26am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

His stupid West Brit accent was commenting on how a disgrace the hibs fans were, doubted whether they even threw anything and said how great the hearts fans were

Jaysus, that is bad, having a go at rivals fans for punching your teammate while commending your own fans.

What is the world coming to?

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:30am
Tony's blinker have no limits.
Deary me.

Posted By: DangerHere
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:42am

So, he said f**k all?

Correct.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:44am
Jesus tony Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:45am
west brit? 

edinburgh derby is always a bit on the raucous side.

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:02am
Related image

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Related image

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:09am
Tony only gets memes fae Still Game.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:18am

Jaysus you're an awful clown LOL

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:23am
Hah, things are bad when even the scientist is calling you a clown.

Just need UCDfan to come in with a coherent post calling you a looper and you've hit the jackpot.

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:23am
wowzersLOL

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:24am

In a forum full of Whackjobs, Tony is up there competing for a podium place in the YBIG Weirdo Olympics. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Hah, things are bad when even the scientist is calling you a clown.

Just need UCDfan to come in with a coherent post calling you a looper and you've hit the jackpot.

Censored

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 11:56am
Definitely should be called up for the November internationals, played very well again last night.

Given that he's very much one of our in-form players and at a great age, now is the time to get him involved in the set up. 

-------------

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 12:12pm

Definitely should be called up for the November internationals, played very well again last night.

Given that he's very much one of our in-form players and at a great age, now is the time to get him involved in the set up. 

Id like to see him involved against the North. 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 12:49pm

In a forum full of Whackjobs, Tony is up there competing for a podium place in the YBIG Weirdo Olympics. 

The forum's an asylum for fruitloops and Tony's only purpose on here is to wind them all up by talking about players associated with Rangers or the North.

It's impressive how he's managed to keep the biting going LOL Long live King Tony.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 12:51pm
Coyner! How was the long walk to freedom?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The forum's an asylum for fruitloops and Tony's only purpose on here is to wind them all up by talking about players associated with Rangers or the North.

It's impressive how he's managed to keep the biting going LOL Long live King Tony.

I'd say yourself and Tony have walked many a night after work/rehab from Sunderland to Glasgow and back discussing the on-goings of YBIG.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'd say yourself and Tony have walked many a night after work/rehab from Sunderland to Glasgow and back discussing the on-goings of YBIG.

Yeah. You definitely need rehab after reading  some of the stuff on here.

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 1:36pm
very impressive the other night against hibs , prob motm his performance almost as standout as lenny's for hibs Smile the jambos will do well to hold to him for much longer

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by daraghj82 daraghj82 wrote:

very impressive the other night against hibs , prob motm his performance almost as standout as lenny's for hibs Smile the jambos will do well to hold to him for much longer

I think he is only on loan from Burnley. That's an example of a great short term move for a young player. He wouldn't have gotten a sniff of first team football if he had stayed put where he was. Now he is getting loads of valuable experience and is established playing at a relatively high profile level. Fair play to him. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by daraghj82 daraghj82 wrote:

Loan is til January but imagine it will be extended if Burnley don’t need injury cover.

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 1:47pm
There will be Championship clubs looking at him in January, Hearts will do well to hold onto him for the season.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 1:54pm
hearts will need to hang on to him until the end of the season, one of their experienced CB's souttar is injured and will be out for 5 months

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 2:10pm
I'm not saying they won't want to, it is whether he will or not. He looked the part when I saw him at Accrington and has improved since then. He is Championship level now, at least.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 6:13pm
Aye he was class today so he was, pure brilliant

Get him in , new captain even

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:21pm
Hopefully he was called up so MON can clip him round the ear

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:13pm

Hopefully he was called up so MON can clip him round the ear
LOLLOLLOL

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 4:21pm
Tony in full meltdown at the news of this call up.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:08pm
Amazing how he's gone from u21 outcast to senior call up..  Irish football in a nutshell. Not a tap of consistency Embarrassed

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Amazing how he's gone from u21 outcast to senior call up..  Irish football in a nutshell. Not a tap of consistency Embarrassed

Dick Keogh excluded from numerous squads, suddenly gets called up, not only does he start, he's also captain .

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Dick Keogh excluded from numerous squads, suddenly gets called up, not only does he start, he's also captain .

Meyler this time last year too 

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 6:47pm
How was he U21 outcast was he not in the last few squads?

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 8:14am
Michael O'Neill said he met Dunne about a move to the North.
Think we will be seeing more and more of this

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:28am
So is this supposed agreement between the O'Neill's only work one way? Martin isn't allowed approach players from the North but Michael can try and get players from here?

If Martin isn't prepared to chase players from the North over a gentleman's agreement then it's another tick in the box of why he shouldn't be our manager...   

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:33am
Really? I'd look at it the other way, that he's respecting the agreement, Michael is the one at fault here

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:43am
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/north-boss-michael-oneill-admits-he-met-with-ireland-callup-jimmy-dunne-37509212.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/north-boss-michael-oneill-admits-he-met-with-ireland-callup-jimmy-dunne-37509212.html

What a bitter comment this is.

Seriously though, I'm delighted for him. To be called up after 15 minutes of U-21 football - he must have been very good in those 15 minutes."

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:46am
See nothing wrong with it, he's right.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/north-boss-michael-oneill-admits-he-met-with-ireland-callup-jimmy-dunne-37509212.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/north-boss-michael-oneill-admits-he-met-with-ireland-callup-jimmy-dunne-37509212.html

What a bitter comment this is.

Seriously though, I'm delighted for him. To be called up after 15 minutes of U-21 football - he must have been very good in those 15 minutes."

I think wee Michael is drunk again. 

Cheek of the bastard. 

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Really? I'd look at it the other way, that he's respecting the agreement, Michael is the one at fault here

In my opinion no gentleman's agreement should exist on the matter. Part of Martin's job is to find eligible players that will improve us on the pitch. I'm sure a lot of players up North would be more than willing to have a conversation about representing us should they get a call. This is a stance that Martin has taken, not the FAI as far as I'm aware. Surely this is a conflict of interest?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net