Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56563
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 8:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ireland vs Denmark Nations League Match Thread
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: Ireland vs Denmark Nations League Match Thread
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:23am
It won't be long before these games come round again. 

I don't think a draw would be disaster providing we beat Wales. Easier said than done.

That performance more than the result against Poland was badly needed after the week we've had. Anything less than 4 points from these two home games and we're more than likely going to finish bottom. 

Denmark were very impressive against Wales. They're better than they were this time last year and arguably should've beaten Croatia in the world cup. I think we underestimated them a bit when we got them in the playoff. I can't see it being any better than a draw tbh. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:30am
As much as last night was an improvement, I can't see us continuing it to October, Once again Eriksen will be given too much room and he'll punish us (I can't see it being another 5-1 though...at least I hope not).

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:54am
What have we learned from the past week, or more importantly, what will the management have learned?

Who comes in to the team for Denmark?

Walters is finished at international level, and Ward should go too. Also Ciaran Clark's starting position has to be under serious review after Wales.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:33am
If you think Denmark will let us pass it around the back like Poland did last night then you will be in for a surprise! Hopefully he takes a risk with a few lads being given a chance after last night. Nothing to lose.
I still expect a Danish win and them to have two-thirds of the ball.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:37am
My hope for the game is that the Rice and Arter situations are resolved and they return to the squad. McCarthy and Brady overcome their long term injuries and join up. Equally, all the players like Maguire, Shane Long, and hopefully McClean return.

A full squad to pick from would be nice, and hopefully an ambitious game will be played, with a sensible strategy.

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:12am
We have played well in previous friendlies under MON (we were excellent against Uruguay) but as soon as the qualifiers roll around, we revert right back to the cagey hoofball tactics and play the same over the hill players. Let's hope these 2 games have been a wakeup call and players like Williams, Egan, Stevens and O'Brien are given a chance. Last chance saloon for MONROY

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If you think Denmark will let us pass it around the back like Poland did last night then you will be in for a surprise! Hopefully he takes a risk with a few lads being given a chance after last night. Nothing to lose.
I still expect a Danish win and them to have two-thirds of the ball.

If that was a competitive game last night I don't think the Poles would have let us.

While it was a better performance I feel it just papered over the cracks.

I agree some of the lads last night played themselves into serious contention for starting berths.

John Egan done very well in defence and should be given his chance over Clark,

Stevens done well too at left back and should be over Ward. Though if we are to stick with a 3-5-2 would like to see Brady played here

Williams done well but given he is 31 and if we have the likes of Rice * and McCarthy back we'll have better younger options there. (if we use 3-5-2 Rice as part of a back 3 with McCarthy as the anchor in midfield)

O'Dowda done well as part of the midfield 3 last night, given license to drift around he is a clever player who finds pockets to influence the play. Think he is wasted out on the wing for this reason as he doesn't influence as much.

The big conundrum is who to play next to O' Dowda, Hendrick doesn't work here at all if he is ton continue in the team I'd like to see him played in a more advanced role behind the striker like he does for Burnley. That leaves Arter, Hourihane or Brady who have played here for us in the past but none have worked out for one reason or another.

As part of the two up top Aidan O'Brien as stated in his thread certainly gave MON things to think about but I'd say he is still behind Long and quite possibly Maguire in the pecking order.

As stated above I think Hendrick would work better in behind the front man type position McClean has also played for us here but of course not with much great luck.

Team I'd like to see everyone fit and available

----------------------Randolph-----------
-------------Rice-------Egan----Duffy------
--Coleman-------------------------------Brady--
------------------------McCarthy----------------
--------------O'Dowda------------Arter--------
-------------------------Hendrick--------------
-------------------------Long-----------------

Posted By: avfc
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:50am
Ireland play their best stuff with a compact 442. Two solid banks of 4 playing a high press.

Team for Denmark.

Randolph

Doherty Duffy Egan Stevens

Long Meyler Hendrick McClean

O'Brien Maguire

Meyler to sit and mark CE.

Long to do the old Walters role under Trap.

When you have a limited side, you have to keep everything simple.

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:20pm
Last November Denmark were an ordinary team with one really good player. We could have beaten them and qualified.The 1-5 was a bit of a freak and crazy half time substitutions by MON played a big part in it.

I think Denmark have improved massively since then. You could see that in the world cup and even more so against Wales.Expecting them to comfortably beat us home and away.

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:38pm
McCarthy hasn't played in two years and has had one good game in four. Williams deserves a chance to prove himself, regardless of McCarthy's fitness. I don't think Egan did enough to warrant the same, he was very poor for the goal.
Agree on Stevens, although I'm still not convinced about Brady anywhere than on the left wing. Again, I think Stevens deserves his chance in the NL.

I think part of our problem for too long has been that why try and pick the eleven players who play for the highest ranked clubs rather than putting together the best team. That mindset pervades through the support as well, there was a post on here counting where the Scottish starting eleven played their club football the other night, for example. Of course it does give some idea of ability, but there are better players playing for lower ranked clubs than higher and players better suited to our system and to international football. That has always been my biggest criticism of MON, he has been very conservative in friendly matches and waits for another manager to buy them for a higher level. Stevens and Maguire being two players that were much better than their previous clubs and deserving of a go in meaningless games.
Look at O'Brien last night, I would never have had him down as good enough but is certainly worth another look. Or playing pool is too small to be dismissing anybody.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:48pm
My team would be (if all fit)

-------------Rice-------Duffy----Clark------
-------------------------Long-------

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: 5678
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Hogan, Maguire or even O'Brien. Long just doesn't score.

Posted By: DangerHere
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by 5678 5678 wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Hogan, Maguire or even I Brien. Long just doesn't score.

Can include Burke too as players to start ahead of Long

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:07pm
Forgot about Burke

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:09pm
Would defo go with Burke or O'Brien up front 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:35pm
If we play with just 2 in the middle against Denmark we will get crucified. 

I would be tempted to go with the 3-5-2 again, might as well try something new and it seems to suit the players we have available. The biggest loser here is probably James McClean but he could be a good option from the bench.

Too many variables this far out to call a starting XI, will Rice and Arter be back in the squad? Will Brady/McCarthy/Coleman all be fit? If yes you would say all 5 would be starters. I would go with Shane Long up top anyway with one of Maguire/O'Brien alongside him. I don't think this is the game to start Burke, I reckon he could be best used against smaller opposition as he can unlock a defence but isn't the hardest worker.

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:37pm
If everyone is fit

Randolph( don't trust him, nobody better)

Coleman

Duffy
Rice
Long

Stevens(Brady?)

Williams
Meyler
O'Dowda

Robinson
Maguire

-------------

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:00pm
O'Brien looks more mobile than Burke, which was a big part of our improvement last night. If we're only going for 1 up front vs Denmark, I'd favour O'Brien.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:08pm
We all know that Jeff Hendrick and James McClean (if fit) will end up starting against Denmark, which is unfortunate.

The lads might be two of our 'better' players on paper, but I think we can make a more cohesive outfit using some of our other options.

I think the idea of five at the back vs the Danes could compliment the players we have available quite nicely, while nullifying the space that Eriksen operates in.

Between Rice as a third center half, and Williams in midfield, you'd hope that Eriksen would be kept relatively occupied.

With Rice as one of the five defenders, you would hope that perhaps a plan B could be available if things weren't going well, i.e, Rice pushes into midfield, and one of Williams or Meyler makes way for a more attacking player.

I don't want to see Stephen Ward up against either of Sisto or Poulsen, I wouldn't mind seeing Williams, Stevens or Greg Cunningham given a chance, although the management team clearly don't rate Cunningham.

With all players available and willing to play, vs Denmark, I'd go: 

Randolph
Coleman Duffy Rice Long Williams
 O'Dowda Williams Meyler Robinson
                   Maguire

If things aren't looking good, instead of losing the plot and removing our entire midfield, Rice can be moved into midfield as follows, and we only need one substitute (Brady for Williams) to change the team into a more attack minded side.

Randolph
Coleman Duffy Long Williams
              Rice Meyler
O'Dowda   Robinson   Brady 
                Maguire

Posted By: ramuelmiller9
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:54pm
Burke isn't a striker, he either plays just off the striker or out wide, so can lads please stop suggesting he plays up top on his own.  

Posted By: Stimpy
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:56pm
                Randolph
  Coleman Duffy Egan Stevens
 O'Dowda Rice Hendrick Brady
          Robinson Maguire

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:01pm
Hendrick can't play in a midfield two. Personally, I don't think he can even play in a three. He obviously has ability but limited application. It baffles me that he is nailed on to start for Ireland simply because he starts for Burnley, where the fans struggle to understand why he starts! Should they go down to the Championship, will he still be nailed on or is it entirely connected to how Burnley are doing?

-------------

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:11pm

assuming coleman still out and assuming for sake of argument rice, arter aren't avail but ward, browne, long mcclean brady etc all back

Randolph; Egan duffy K long/clark; Doherty Williams meyler brady; o'dowda; s long O'Brien

could also go something like

Randolph; Doherty/Christie duffy egan stevens/ward; COD williams hendrick brady; s long O'Brien/robinson

strongest team if all were available (my opinion)

Randolph; Coleman Duffy Rice; Doherty McCarthy Arter Brady; O'Dowda; S long, Maguire

and if you really dislike the idea of coleman in a 3, you could go back 4 of coleman-duffy-___(rice/egan/clark)-ward/stevens

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:18pm
Kevin Long didn't look particularly comfortable on the left of a back three, if we're going to move forward with the system I'd prefer a left-footer there; probably either Clark (who plays the position for Newcastle), or Derrick Williams (who started his career as a centre-back).

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Asprilla
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:23pm
                Randolph

Rice    Duffy      clarke
Coleman                                 Stevens
                     Meyler
         Hendrick        O'Dowda

Maguire   Long

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:55pm
will McClean be fit in time?

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 12:11pm
So, we were missing Brady, Long, McCarthy and McClean through injury. Will we have all 4 back for October?

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

So, we were missing Brady, Long, McCarthy and McClean through injury. Will we have all 4 back for October?

Everton manager saying they expect Coleman to be back in around 2 weeks so he should be fit

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:54am
------------Randolph------------
-----Coleman--Duffy--Clark----

Doherty-------------------McClean

----------------Rice---------------

--------Williams----Brady---------

---------Robinson---O'Brien------

I'd go with this team for the Denmark game, if we get Rice back on board and Brady is fit.

No chance MON will start Doherty though.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 12:51pm
Any word on when the squad is announced?

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Any word on when the squad is announced?

Next Monday 1st October I'd assume. it's usually a week before the group comes over

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 6:33pm
Squad being announced this day next week 

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:48pm
Erikson is out until the international break for Spurs

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Erikson is out until the international break for Spurs

Read somewhere he has a hernia, and might get an operation to fix it

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 2:16pm
Great. We'll only lose 2-1 if he's missing.

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 3:45pm

Wait,what!?  Are you actually saying we'll score a goal? Shocked

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Duffy nailed on to score.

Denmark are average without Eriksen, it’s just a pity we are below average.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Duffy nailed on to score.

Denmark are average without Eriksen, it’s just a pity we are below average.
Phew, forgot about that. LOLThumbs Up

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: musicinmouth
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 4:40pm
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/3200787/christian-eriksen-ireland-denmark-fit/" rel="nofollow - Article on race for Christian Eriksen to be fit. 

It seems unlikely that all of Brady, McCarthy, Coleman and McClean will get some game time this weekend, but hopefully they can take some part in the game(s). 

Everton will be very uneasy about releasing McCarthy and Coleman for 2 international games. :(

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 5:07pm
How come everyone has Rice in their team? Have I missed something? Confused

Posted By: TonyDenmark
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 10:29am
I am looking forward for a new game against Ireland :D

Hareide just announced his team: 

Kasper Schmeichel, Leicester
Jonas Lössl, Huddersfield
Frederik Rønnow, Frankfurt

Simon Kjær, Sevilla
Mathias Zanka Jørgensen, Huddersfield
Jannik Vestergaard, Southampton
Andreas Christensen, Chelsea
Jens Stryger, Udinese
Henrik Dalsgaard, Brentford
Jonas Knudsen, Ipswich
Peter Ankersen, FC København

Thomas Delaney, Dortmund
Lasse Schöne, Ajax
Lukas Lerager, Bordeaux
Mike Jensen, Rosenborg
Anders Christiansen, Malmø
Christian Nørgaard, Fiorentina
Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, Southampton

Pione Sisto, Celta
Martin Braithwaite, Middlesbrough
Yussuf Poulsen, Leipzig
Andreas Cornelius, Bordeaux

If Eriksen or Fischer won´t get better it might be Jacob Bruun-Larsen from Dortmund who will be called up. You should watch him tonight if you dont know him. 

The start-11 could be like this:

Schmeichel

Dalsgaard
Zanka
Kjær
Stryger 

Delaney
Schöne
Nørgaard (could be anyone)

Cornelius
Braithwaite
Poulsen

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:14am
Don’t expect this to be too popular of an opinion.

But I hope both Eriksen and Bale are fit. 

We are currently going nowhere and could probably sneak a win against one of these two teams without their superstars. 

If we somehow managed to get four points off Wales and Denmark minus Bale and Eriksen, O’Neill and Keane will win themselves a bit more time that is undeserved. 

If they can beat Denmark and Wales at full strength, then they will deserve any leeway they receive as a result. 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:46am
LOLLOL
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

We are currently going nowhere and could probably sneak a win against one of these two teams without their superstars. 

If we somehow managed to get four points off Wales and Denmark minus Bale and Eriksen, O’Neill and Keane will win themselves a bit more time that is undeserved. 

If they can beat Denmark and Wales at full strength, then they will deserve any leeway they receive as a result. 

-------------

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:54am

sweet f**k LOLLOL 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 12:08pm

What if Eriksen is fit and we beat Denmark, but Bale is injured and we lose to Wales? Will they get deserved or undeserved leeway then?

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by TonyDenmark TonyDenmark wrote:

Simon Kjær, Sevilla
Jens Stryger, Udinese
Jonas Knudsen, Ipswich

Thomas Delaney, Dortmund
Lasse Schöne, Ajax
Lukas Lerager, Bordeaux
Mike Jensen, Rosenborg

Pione Sisto, Celta
Yussuf Poulsen, Leipzig

If Eriksen or Fischer won´t get better it might be Jacob Bruun-Larsen from Dortmund who will be called up. You should watch him tonight if you dont know him. 

Schmeichel

Dalsgaard
Zanka
Kjær
Stryger 

Delaney
Schöne

Cornelius
Braithwaite
Poulsen

He has been brilliant the past few games, seems to be favoured ahead of Sancho and Pulisic at the moment.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

What if Eriksen is fit and we beat Denmark, but Bale is injured and we lose to Wales? Will they get deserved or undeserved leeway then?

Depends on the performance. 

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 1:06pm
Opta Index have comprised a new match fact called 'Build Up Attacks' which means that a team makes 10+ passes followed by a shot on goal. 

I'd say we would create one of those every 5 years.  If this is applied to international games we would be rock bottom of Europe.  I've no doubt about that.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 1:35pm

Great performance against Wales and awful performance against Denmark...

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:45pm

Great performance against Wales and awful performance against Denmark...

Rid of him.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:47pm
Anything less than 4 points in these and he should be gone... enough bloody chances.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 4:41pm

Anything less than 4 points in these and he should be gone... enough bloody chances.

LOL

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

LOL

Pi$$ off.

What are you ok with ffs

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 10:58pm
What have ticket sales been like for upcoming home games?

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

LOL

We'll be lucky if we only concede 4 fcuking goals across the 2 games.

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

What have ticket sales been like for upcoming home games?

Heard from Greenforever he had sold 48 k for 1st game but only 46 for Wales as it’s midweek despite them having a stronger travelling support. These games can’t come quick enough.

Come on the red and whites

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:55am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by TonyDenmark TonyDenmark wrote:

Simon Kjær, Sevilla
Jens Stryger, Udinese
Jonas Knudsen, Ipswich

Thomas Delaney, Dortmund
Lasse Schöne, Ajax
Lukas Lerager, Bordeaux
Mike Jensen, Rosenborg

Pione Sisto, Celta
Yussuf Poulsen, Leipzig

Schmeichel

Dalsgaard
Zanka
Kjær
Stryger 

Delaney
Schöne

Cornelius
Braithwaite
Poulsen

He has been brilliant the past few games, seems to be favoured ahead of Sancho and Pulisic at the moment.

Another goal and assist last night, here's hoping he doesn't make your squad.

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:18am
Our squad released lunch time today?

Posted By: Lansdown Roar
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:59am
Squad out. Arter back. 

-------------
They've only gone and done it

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:01am
Towell in, Curtis in. No Rice.

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:08am
Sky Sports reckon here that Rice's psppa work being sorted to make the seiswiand that Southgate won't talk about him till that is sorted.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I’d expect Towell & Curtis to be dropped from finalised squad. These 32 man squads are ridiculous 

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:14am
Ryan Manning is way ahead of Richie Towell with Rotherham.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:14am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I’d expect Towell & Curtis to be dropped from finalised squad. These 32 man squads are ridiculous 
in understand it if announced 2/3 league games before squad gets together but at this stage a bit of a nonsense.

And would be confident some of the players have a giggle about it

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:16am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

What you basing that on out of interest?

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:41am
Has Shane Long been injured?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:45am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Only to people west of the Shannon

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:45am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Has Shane Long been injured?

Yeah, he was on fire. 

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:56am
--------------------------Randolph---------------------
--doherty--------Duffy------------Long-----Stevens

---------------O'Dowda--Arter--Hendrick-----
---------Maguire--------------------McClean------
-------------------------Long--------------------------

what i'd expect

Posted By: ColemanKillybegs123
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:07pm
Pretty sure Maguire is still nursing an injury.

Can see that team alright but Robinson/O'Brien in for Maguire.

But then again, this is Martin O'Niell we're talking about so it may well be Cyrus Christe!!!!

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Pretty sure Maguire is still nursing an injury.

Can see that team alright but Robinson/O'Brien in for Maguire.

But then again, this is Martin O'Niell we're talking about so it may well be Cyrus Christe!!!!

Oh yeah Christie and Robinson will probably play

Posted By: killer
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 1:20pm
Have 2 premium tickets for Denmark game. If anyone wants to swap for tickets for Wales game. Cant make Denmark due to wedding

Save me buying tickets for Wales game if anyone wants to swap 

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 1:32pm
Good for Ronan Curtis making the squad. Hopefully he’ll get some minutes and make an impact.

Can also see William and Arter making a tidy axis in the middle. 

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: manulike
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 2:34pm
No Christian Eriksen in the DBU squad?

https://www.dbu.dk/oevrigt_indhold/media/presskit/squad_1" rel="nofollow - https://www.dbu.dk/oevrigt_indhold/media/presskit/squad_1

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 2:42pm
Think they left one space spare so that they can add him to the squad if he is deemed fit.

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 6:16pm
             Randolph
Doherty Clark Duffy Cunningham
     Arter Williams Meyler
O'Dowda                Robinson
               Maguire

Without Eriksen we might sneak a 1-1 or lose by the odd goal, with him they'll beat us by at least two.

Posted By: Liam Green
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:40pm
Why is David mcgoldrick not in the squad

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

I dont know why, but i dont think he is arsed. Just a hunch.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Either that or he is being overlooked. Afterall, Martin O'Neill overlooks Matt Doherty so anything is possible.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Green rebel
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:45pm
.            Randolph
Doherty  Duffy Egan Christie
          Arter     Browne
ODowda.  Judge.  Robinson
                 Maguire

Maybe Stevens for Christie but he did play there against Germany

Posted By: Dugs
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Green rebel Green rebel wrote:

.            Randolph
Doherty  Duffy Egan Christie
          Arter     Browne
ODowda.  Judge.  Robinson
                 Maguire

Maybe Stevens for Christie but he did play there against Germany

If u think thats what the team will be your deluded.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:05pm
I know ,worth a try but surely we have to go for a win and put last year's horror show behind  us 

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

No need to be so racist.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 11:06pm
We’ve a few players in half decent club form going into these two games, hopefully our starting eleven reflects form rather than MON’s loyalty. 

Randolph, Duffy, Doherty and Robinson have been all been impressive this month. 

The likes of Arter and Clark are back playing pretty regularly (granted Clark was dropped today). 

Sean Maguire is back and looked lively for Preston. He is our best striker in my opinion but probably isn’t fit enough to start. 

McClean also returns, although not all will agree that this is good news.

O’Dowda hasn’t played as much as we’d like, but let’s hope he can build on his promise. I’m hopeful he can start brightly despite his club issues. 

Williams has been pretty good for Blackburn, as has Stevens for Sheffield. Greg Cunningham has also played a few games in the PL, so it will be interesting to see who starts at left back. 

Shaun Williams and Aidan O’Brien have been mainstays for Milwall.

Jeff Hendrick’s club form should see him start on the bench.

There is a few posistions up for grabs, granted a lot of our options are half decent Championship players, but it would be a start if we could pick our most inform team. 

O’Neill will still say he has no players playing regularly or influencing games. 

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:21am
Has MON  not named his final squad yet?  There will be a few extras turning up for training and told to go home.  Maybe its one of his genius moves naming his final squad just as the lads are boarding their planes to keep them on their toes.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:06am

Whats our most in form XI at the moment? The criteria I’m using is:

1: Club form (forget what they have done or not done at international level)

2: The Division they are in.

3: Number of appearances this season and how they have performed.

Randolph

Duffy Egan

Doherty Williams Stevens

O’Dowda  Arter  Browne

Curtis   Robinson

Is there anyone unlucky to miss out on a starting spot in the much coveted MC Hammered imaginary team based on their current form?

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:17am
Hard to argue with that team based on form, not sure if it would be wise to throw so many international rookies onto the pitch at the one time though. I would probably keep Clark in ahead of Egan and start Long up front instead of Curtis. I would still like to see a 3-5-2 given a go and I would think in that system it would just be a case of dropping maybe Alan Browne and putting in a third centre half.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Hard to argue with that team based on form, not sure if it would be wise to throw so many international rookies onto the pitch at the one time though. I would probably keep Clark in ahead of Egan and start Long up front instead of Curtis. I would still like to see a 3-5-2 given a go and I would think in that system it would just be a case of dropping maybe Alan Browne and putting in a third centre half.

Ah yeah, I'm not putting suggesting starting that team at all. I'm just looking at who our form players are in each position. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Randolph

Duffy Egan

Doherty Williams Stevens

O’Dowda  Arter  Browne

Curtis   Robinson

Is there anyone unlucky to miss out on a starting spot in the much coveted MC Hammered imaginary team based on their current form?

I'd go with that, but based on your criteria has O'Dowda been in that good a form? I still think he flatters to deceive majority of the time. It's evident that he's got some serious talent on his day, but like a lot of players his inability to be consistent seems to be his achilles heel.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Randolph

Duffy Egan

Doherty Williams Stevens

O’Dowda  Arter  Browne

Curtis   Robinson

I'd go with that, but based on your criteria has O'Dowda been in that good a form? I still think he flatters to deceive majority of the time. It's evident that he's got some serious talent on his day, but like a lot of players his inability to be consistent seems to be his achilles heel.

Yeah, you could be right there. It was slim pickings in regards to midfielders currently in form. You could swap someone like Clark for O'Dowda, put him in centre half and change the system to a 3-5-2. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:51am
O'Dowda's club form has been very poor.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:53am
I love to see judge and Maguire start 

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:16am
Any estimation on what the crowd will be for this?

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:18am
600- 700 maybe just a guesstimation 

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:56am
                  Randolph

Christie  Clark  Egan    Stevens

Hendrick Arter Meyler McClean 

O'Dowda
                        Long

This is as close to the starting 11 for saturday's match as youre going to get. 

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Posted By: Lansdown Roar
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

40k be my guess 

-------------
They've only gone and done it

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Randolph

Christie  Clark  Egan    Stevens

Hendrick Arter Meyler McClean 

O'Dowda
                        Long

This is as close to the starting 11 for saturday's match as youre going to get. 

Is Shane Duffy, arguably our best player, injured?

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

40k be my guess 
That would a great turn out

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:15pm
Any news in Eriksen?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net