Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56461
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 6:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Knocklyon United losing their pitches - PETITION
Posted By: The Count
Subject: Knocklyon United losing their pitches - PETITION
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:00pm
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/knocklyon-utd-save-our-pitches.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/knocklyon-utd-save-our-pitches.html

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:36pm
What's planned for there? The petition doesn't mention anything and I can't find any planning permission lodged on the SDCC website

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 1:15pm
40 houses. 

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 2:24pm
A f**king disgrace. A community being torn, a community for kids. Petition signed and will share.

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 2:47pm
Well done for posting Count.

f**king scandalous if this goes ahead.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 3:07pm
Signed it. It's a joke to be using the space in Ballycullen for more houses

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 3:11pm
A better idea is surely to assist each and every parent and player with making submissions to the local authority objecting to it. A petition doesn't count for much - observations to the planning authority count for a lot more.

-------------

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 8:04pm
Honest question. Assume this is council owned land? Do kbockyon own their original grounds at delaford?

The housing situation in in the city is at breaking point, so would like to know more. 

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 8:31pm
SignedThumbs Up

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Honest question. Assume this is council owned land? Do kbockyon own their original grounds at delaford?

The housing situation in in the city is at breaking point, so would like to know more. 
No. They lost a pitch at Delaford when the m50 was built also. But the club has grown 10 fold since then. The club will fold if these pitches are lost. Hopefully they can win this battleClap

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 8:43pm
Maybe they could go after Ballybodens pitches directly across the road. I’d doubt it....

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:11pm
Are ballyboden pitches council owned also? 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:20pm

Are ballyboden pitches council owned also? 
The ones at this location ,I’d be 99% sure they are. They would have 5 or 6 different locations ,some of which would be their own

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:38pm
Signed.

Good stuff Count Thumbs Up

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:55pm
Signed and no doubt Shane Ross won't be any where to be seen.

Are they talking CPO or do they own the land.

Seems strange as they fave planning for the club house.

Given the amount of housing already been built, you would imagine all the more important to have the club for the kids.

Is the land by firehouse community centre available for pitches ?

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Given the amount of housing already been built, you would imagine all the more important to have the club for the kids.

They have built schools on that now

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

They have built schools on that now

Must open my eyes driving by lol

I remember a demo outside the new school on Schilarstown road before it opened got great publicity, caused massive traffic chaps for the morning, but got huge publicity.

Maybe need to get all the kids in their kits standing in single file on either side of the road with signs save out club some morning, and let the parents keep crossing the road at the pedestrian crossing, will piss off some people but get great media coverage which is the only thing most politicians care about. 200 kids either side would stretch out a long way.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:31pm
Good idea👍

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Maybe they could go after Ballybodens pitches directly across the road. I’d doubt it....

I think that wouldn't even get to a voting stage. 

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:01pm
Done. Although I don’t live there anymore I grew up in the area and the club was a big part of our community. This could be it’s undoing which would be terrible 😢😢😢

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:06pm
Why don't they just knock down that Scientology sh*t hole up the road and build a few apartments? Win win if you ask me  

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Why don't they just knock down that Scientology sh*t hole up the road and build a few apartments? Win win if you ask me  

Here, here. 

The most random building in the world 😂

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:54pm

Stellar idea 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 7:13am

because its private property... 

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:00pm

haha was going to post up a similar idea 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

A better idea is surely to assist each and every parent and player with making submissions to the local authority objecting to it. A petition doesn't count for much - observations to the planning authority count for a lot more.

not signing the petition, cause 500 clicks will do nothing. 

The above from SD and also a very public protest will go a lot further in helping to save the pitches. 

If you really want to save the pitches, find out who the builders are who the developers are and who all the politicians are, if you can find anything remotely linking either then you can create a dirty piece of pr, whether it's true or not doesn't matter LOL

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:40pm
Do the club have a leasehold interest in the land? What terms were they granted use of the land?

The population of the city is heading for two million in 20 years. We also need places to live. SGB presumably you would be happy to live in the area? Would more affordable housing supply have helped? 

Can the council provide alternatives that are suitable? Can the coucil land that ballyboden use be shared?? 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:41pm
Btw im not for a second saying that sports amenities are not important 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:49pm
There are lots of houses been built all around there and note sporting amenities badly needed.

What I would like to know is why were the club given planning to build a clubhouse of houses were planned for the site?

Cosgrave's house on the Scholarstown Road opp the school is going to be built on also, 

If there are not adequate sports facilities it will be very hard to keep kids interested in sport and on the straight and narrow so to speak growing up.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:59pm
Can year round floodlit and all weather pitches be provided on a smaller footprint? Perhaps jointly for the gaa club?
The answer to the housing crisis is not further urban sprawl. Apartments of six or seven stories minimum inside the canals and less dense mixed in the suburbs. The days of the commuter belt have to end and the people need to be flexible when there are competing demands 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:15pm
Same happened up in Raheny earlier this year. Planning application for 360 housing units on school pitches. People objected to it on the grounds that it was an amenity (a pitch with a massive fence all around that only the school could use), and now the application has being denied. 360 more families without a home.

I'm not familiar with the Knocklyon application, is there anything logged at all, it's not on SDCC website.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Same happened up in Raheny earlier this year. Planning application for 360 housing units on school pitches. People objected to it on the grounds that it was an amenity (a pitch with a massive fence all around that only the school could use), and now the application has being denied. 360 more families without a home.

I'm not familiar with the Knocklyon application, is there anything logged at all, it's not on SDCC website.

In thos case its a field with two grass pitches and some surrounding land in a space that is open tp the public.

There has never been a more important need for joined up thinking and to me highlights why metrolink, bus connects and dart expansion to hazelhatch, maynooth and drogheda are no longer nice to haves, bit essential if the city is to sustain growth.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:29pm

Were all the houses being built to rehouse homeless families?

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 2:23pm

Can year round floodlit and all weather pitches be provided on a smaller footprint? Perhaps jointly for the gaa club?
The answer to the housing crisis is not further urban sprawl. Apartments of six or seven stories minimum inside the canals and less dense mixed in the suburbs. The days of the commuter belt have to end and the people need to be flexible when there are competing demands 

Probably needs to be double that ,definitely when you get in more centrally.
A proper mix of residential/commercial in large modern buildings close to transport links are badly needed.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:03pm

Were all the houses being built to rehouse homeless families?
No, but it's 360 houses where before there were no houses. So whichever way you slice it, couples living at home because they can't move out, people trading up to free up a 1 bed apartment, it's more houses available in Dublin.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:39pm
Clambering men in big bad boots...

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Clambering men in big bad boots...

dug up my den, dug up my roots...

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net