Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56450
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 5:48pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: IPTV worth it ?
Posted By: Healy52003
Subject: IPTV worth it ?
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 7:57pm
Ok have a Sony Bravia Andorid TV and sky and as we all knw the extra Subscription service of Eir/BT Have a lot of sport coming up for the new season

I found out about this IPTV service for €90 a year and is it worth it ???. It will cost an extra €27.50 a month for Eir/BT on sky 

Replies:
Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Ok have a Sony Bravia Andorid TV and sky and as we all knw the extra Subscription service of Eir/BT Have a lot of sport coming up for the new season

I found out about this IPTV service for €90 a year and is it worth it ???. It will cost an extra €27.50 a month for Eir/BT on sky 
Cue Sham slamming you for paying extra for Sky

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Ha exactly!

Have had far too much hassle with android boxes and online streaming to last me a life time.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ha exactly!

Have had far too much hassle with android boxes and online streaming to last me a life time.

Yeah. Not convinced. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:17pm
been using IPTV for about 18 months or so in my sitting room and I have had issues from time to time but it’s quite seldom tbh, have sky in the bedroom just in case it ever goes belly up, not sure I could go back to paying for all the sports again though it’s just too expensive. 

Looks like they are going all out to cut out illegal streaming of the epl in a few weeks but time will tell if they can stop it completely. If I was you I would try one out for a month and see what you think of it. 

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:40pm
Try it out for a few months and see what you think.

It’s definitely not as smooth and reliable as sky/bt but it only costs 10% what they charge.

Every student world wide is streaming their movies and sport content so there is a massive market out there. 
The hackers move faster than sky/bt.

But if you are watching 20 hours of sport a week then get sky/Bt as you are making full use out of it. 

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Try it out for a few months and see what you think.

It’s definitely not as smooth and reliable as sky/bt but it only costs 10% what they charge.

Every student world wide is streaming their movies and sport content so there is a massive market out there. 
The hackers move faster than sky/bt.

But if you are watching 20 hours of sport a week then get sky/Bt as you are making full use out of it. 

Probably be best to also get a VPN to mask your streaming activity from your internet provider. Only costs a few quid a month. You'd still be saving a fortune on paying full whack for a legit BT/Sky sub.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:51pm
IPTV's days are numbered I reckon. Samsung removed them from their TV's after their last updates, more companies will follow I suspect. Best get a box of some sort.

http://aerialview.tv/mobile/2018/06/02/smart-iptv-app-banned/" rel="nofollow - http://aerialview.tv/mobile/2018/06/02/smart-iptv-app-banned/

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

been using IPTV for about 18 months or so in my sitting room and I have had issues from time to time but it’s quite seldom tbh, have sky in the bedroom just in case it ever goes belly up, not sure I could go back to paying for all the sports again though it’s just too expensive. 

Looks like they are going all out to cut out illegal streaming of the epl in a few weeks but time will tell if they can stop it completely. If I was you I would try one out for a month and see what you think of it. 

Yeah the same crowd that said they did a great job in cutting down illegal streams last year, while streams were easier to find and better than they've ever been in general. They will try but the won't succeed.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:19am
I got it on me phone recently. 40 quid I paid to a friend. For 40 quid for the year you can't go wrong having all the channels on the go. 
Still need to figure out how to chromecast it though, none of the players compatible with it seem to allow it. After me wedding in going to get a smart tv and can either move the account from me android to that or else get a second one. It's handy having it on the phone for when on the go (e.g. having it on me work desk during early kick offs at world cup) but would be better if I could watch certain things on the tv when I'm sitting at homd, for example, when I couldn't figure out how to cast I had to watch the ufc ppv on me phone

I haven't had sky in 2 years. Never got an android box either.
Get by with her mams sky go on the PlayStation, Netflix and movie HD on the android chromecast. But this thing is handy for BT Sports etc. 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:57am

Ha exactly!

cheap android boxes and free streams, of which ive experienced myself, are not a patch on a decent IPTV sub. €50 a year for my sub that is less than one month for Sky/virgin. 

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 7:09am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Yeah the same crowd that said they did a great job in cutting down illegal streams last year, while streams were easier to find and better than they've ever been in general. They will try but the won't succeed.
I have to agree as hackers will always find a way around it .
 Look first Prem game of the season always hard to stream then everything just frees up the next week , that's how it works at present .
I have never had sky and never will , look at it this way the lad who sits next to me pays €1680 a year to watch football / sport where I pay nothing .
Or think of it another way I get to see Ireland play away twice for what he will pay to watch TV , when you think of it that way what would you rather do ?

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ha exactly!

cheap android boxes and free streams, of which ive experienced myself, are not a patch on a decent IPTV sub. €50 a year for my sub that is less than one month for Sky/virgin. 
Agree with Sham.Get a good quality box and a paid IPTV service and you will have very little problems .

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:31am
Tbh the only reason I have Sky sports is for the wrestling and formerly the Rugby.  The father would watch the soccer and Golf on it. We have 2 good tv's and want the best pictrue possible. The 4K soccer is outstanding but the HD sub is extra. from this year all the club rugby will be on BT/Eir and as much as I want to see them €27.50 a month is a lot for 1/2 games a week.

Prob try an IPTV for the a trial and see what it's like. Have the Tv connected to the internet through a powerplug and Ethernet cable so get very good speeds. 

Posted By: galwayman
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:46am
I have a multi-device IPTV sub and am very happy with it.
One sub is on a Vu+ Solo2 box, the other on a fire tv stick.
It's something like €100 for the year. It does freeze from time to time but far less than the card sharing did.
I only really use it for sports (gaa, rugby and the odd soccer match) as neither of us watches regular tv anymore in general.
For the price I pay I'm happy with it anyway but I wouldn't be one who sits down to watch the premiership on a regular basis every weekend either.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Ha exactly!

Agree with Sham.Get a good quality box and a paid IPTV service and you will have very little problems .

It’s a complete no brainer, thankfully I have the app on my tv so don’t need a box, if anyone has a smart tv with an Ethernet cable you’d be mad not to try out IPTV, it has saved me an absolute fortune in the last couple of years. 

Would hold off on any big outlay on any box or sub until the premier league starts and see if they have done anything to block the matches however. 

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:42pm

Tbh the only reason I have Sky sports is for the wrestling and formerly the Rugby.  The father would watch the soccer and Golf on it. We have 2 good tv's and want the best pictrue possible. The 4K soccer is outstanding but the HD sub is extra. from this year all the club rugby will be on BT/Eir and as much as I want to see them €27.50 a month is a lot for 1/2 games a week.

Prob try an IPTV for the a trial and see what it's like. Have the Tv connected to the internet through a powerplug and Ethernet cable so get very good speeds. 

LOL

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

LOL

LOL

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:49pm

LOL

LOL

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:41pm

Ha exactly!

It’s a complete no brainer, thankfully I have the app on my tv so don’t need a box, if anyone has a smart tv with an Ethernet cable you’d be mad not to try out IPTV, it has saved me an absolute fortune in the last couple of years. 

Would hold off on any big outlay on any box or sub until the premier league starts and see if they have done anything to block the matches however. 

Mentioned by someone earlier that IPTV apps are starting to be blocked on some tv's now ,may have no choice but to purchase a box.

Anyone who had a smart TV should get a free trial for a few days ,most of the sellers offer a few days trial.nothing to lose .

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:49pm
Can you record things on IPTV and pause live TV?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Can add a hard drive ro an android box to pause/record etc .Not sure about the set up if suing an app on smart TV.

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

you can pause live TV using the IPTV app on the Smart TV alright

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 4:55pm
€12 a month and very very few issues. Not suing the iptv app though 

Info is in the adroid box thread

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:21pm

LOL

LOL

LOL

You write very well for a 7 year old.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL

LOL

LOL

You write very well for a 7 year old.

LOLClap

I find it very hard to believe an adult would willingly watch wrestling - without a kid sitting with them.  LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 3:46pm
can anyone PM me any links to decent IPTV services 

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 4:26pm

Anyone able to help me out too? PM me please! Thanks.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 4:54pm
ipfreely.ie

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

ipfreely.ie

LOL

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:55pm
Gold is back on Virgin.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:37am
1st weekend of premier league matches and the IPTV has been brilliant, choice of every game with no blocks at all. Clap

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 8:29pm

1st weekend of premier league matches and the IPTV has been brilliant, choice of every game with no blocks at all. Clap

Watched a lot of games over the weekend and no issues whatsoever.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Anyone able to help me out too? PM me please! Thanks.

Helllllllllooooo Cry

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:38pm
Its like the Stonecutters Club

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:57pm
Paid 30e for a 6 months subscription at the last minute today, only to be told that they've disabled the web streaming and you need a VPN and a Kodi install to watch it.

Spend about 2 hours trying to get my old Kodi box setup to no avail and a window 7 machine too.

Ended up watching the match on hesgoals and the quality was superb.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Ballycastle
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:30am
Hi lads how exactly does this work as I'm rubbish at this kind of stuff. I'm going to get broadband only for the first time into my house but i don't have a landline or phone port to plug? What happens whenever i agree to the one year subscription to iptv.ie do they send out a box to set up or is it all done via your smartphone? Apologies in advance for all the questions as i was going to get the tv & broadband deal together but someone recommended just getting the broadband only and set up the iptv so again i was just wondering how it all worked.

Cheers.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:50am
Use a smart TV or buy an android box. 

You download an IPTV player app ,there are dozens on the Playstore and then you add the details of the IPTV subscription you have bought to it.

Go to YouTube,type "STB Emulator " into the seach and there are plenty how to videos. 
STB Emulator is a free app for IPTV,easy to set up and works perfectly.

Just takes a bit of research,there's nothing too complicated about setting one up.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Hi lads how exactly does this work as I'm rubbish at this kind of stuff. I'm going to get broadband only for the first time into my house but i don't have a landline or phone port to plug? What happens whenever i agree to the one year subscription to iptv.ie do they send out a box to set up or is it all done via your smartphone? Apologies in advance for all the questions as i was going to get the tv & broadband deal together but someone recommended just getting the broadband only and set up the iptv so again i was just wondering how it all worked.

Cheers.
What type of TV do you have? If it's Smart TV for either LG or Samsung, see if you have the Smart IPTV app on the TV.

If not, you'll have to buy a box as Rossieman suggested or Amazon firestick, which would be my reccomendation if you don't have a Smart TV (allows you to use NEtflix, YouTube etc on your TV)

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:07am

Cheers.

You have no broadband at home??? 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Cheers.
What type of TV do you have? If it's Smart TV for either LG or Samsung, see if you have the Smart IPTV app on the TV.

If not, you'll have to buy a box as Rossieman suggested or Amazon firestick, which would be my reccomendation if you don't have a Smart TV (allows you to use NEtflix, YouTube etc on your TV)

I have a regular Toshiba 40 inch but just google chrome cast at the moment which i use to watch Netflix and the like. 

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:23am

Cheers.

No it's a long story as my the wife had it before but we moved next door to her dad's house and we have just been piggybacking off that for the last while I just haven't bothered my hole getting my new one sorted until now.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:44am

Cheers.

If it was up to me, I would get rid of mine. It is terrible for your concentration and attention span. I even miss having a good old memory wank.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:14pm

Cheers.

I have a regular Toshiba 40 inch but just google chrome cast at the moment which i use to watch Netflix and the like. 
Before buying anything, find out what quality broadband you are getting.Is it fibre,what speed etc.

No point buying a sub and a box if broadband is crap.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 1:28pm
I have just singed up to Virgin Naked Broadband I'd assume that would be quick enough?

240Mb Broadband

Virgin Media Hub

Wi-Free

Parental Controls

No landline

Posted By: Patman Scoop
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 1:36pm

I have just singed up to Virgin Naked Broadband I'd assume that would be quick enough?

240Mb Broadband

Virgin Media Hub

Wi-Free

Parental Controls

No landline

Loads

-------------
Why no wine??!

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Cheers.

If it was up to me, I would get rid of mine. It is terrible for your concentration and attention span. I even miss having a good old memory wank.

I read this as a reply to Ballycastle's answer immediately above yours. I was wondering whether you were talking about getting rid of broadband or the wife. The answer could apply either way.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:46pm
They come as a package, unfortunately!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 2:16pm
FAO Horsebox ManiaHD working perfectly with a VPN, been watching all the games, boxing etc this weekend. 
Clap

Posted By: Pinturicchio
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:47pm
Strange question I have a Zgemma box with year sub and it is working perfect any issues and the lad running it resolves it ASAP.

But for Eleven Sports it works perfectly up until about 7:30pm and keeps freezing constantly. It comes back to working perfectly about 12:30am.   All other channels work perfectly so provider does not know what the issue is as he says channel is working fine..  One of my mates has the same sub and he does not have any issues with the channel so I am wondering is the issue something on my end.

So eleven sports goes crazy for about 5 hours a day everyday at about the same time and back working normally at the same time. So it works perfect from 12:30am til 7:30pm then starts freezing constantly for 5 hours and in this period all other channels work fine.

Has anyone any idea what the cause may be. Or how to resolve it as most of the good Serie A matches are on at that time Saturday and sunday.

-------------
Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Pinturicchio Pinturicchio wrote:

Strange question I have a Zgemma box with year sub and it is working perfect any issues and the lad running it resolves it ASAP.

But for Eleven Sports it works perfectly up until about 7:30pm and keeps freezing constantly. It comes back to working perfectly about 12:30am.   All other channels work perfectly so provider does not know what the issue is as he says channel is working fine..  One of my mates has the same sub and he does not have any issues with the channel so I am wondering is the issue something on my end.

So eleven sports goes crazy for about 5 hours a day everyday at about the same time and back working normally at the same time. So it works perfect from 12:30am til 7:30pm then starts freezing constantly for 5 hours and in this period all other channels work fine.

Has anyone any idea what the cause may be. Or how to resolve it as most of the good Serie A matches are on at that time Saturday and sunday.

Sounds very strange..... normally everything is working or not.

Any major problems I’ve had require - deleting the app, reinstall and start again.

It’s not the worst of problems - your sky and BT are working.

-------------

Posted By: cocolove
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:27am
you can buy a android tv box,free watch worldwide tv live channels,but if android tv box with iptv will be better.
you can buy a iptv account for live tv channels of  your country or you wan to watch.

Posted By: cocolove
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:33am
IPTV it's workth it,
They are stable and works great than free app.
I prefer paid iptv,buy it,worth it.

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:52pm
Hi lads.
Anybody able to PM me a decent IPTV provider?
I’m with Flawless currently (which I have found to be excellent) but my sub is about to expire and I believe they have stopped renewing subs.
Thanks a million.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:05am
http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-illegal-iptv-streaming-4231263-Sep2018/" rel="nofollow - http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-illegal-iptv-streaming-4231263-Sep2018/

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:37am
Garda press office hard at work again, numbers in line with the number of breathalyzer tests last year, lipservice to sky legal department

-------------
Getting old and intolerant

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:00pm
Signed up to vb-hosting at the weekend. Top notch  I must say.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 12:20pm
Any alternatives to Smart IPTV app on LG TV? Mines broke I think and just says Loading Sleepy

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Trap for Pope
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 2:03pm

I'm using Smart STB app which is a much smoother format. On Samsung though, not sure about LG

-------------
Living for Away days

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Any alternatives to Smart IPTV app on LG TV? Mines broke I think and just says Loading Sleepy
You try reinstalling it? 

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 2:39pm

Its an approved app so should be a fix for it. Was using it this morning and no issues. 

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 3:23pm
Restart the app, or turn off your tv at the mains for two minutes should restart all the apps.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 3:27pm

You try reinstalling it? 
I think I read somewhere it's been removed from the Store recently. 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 3:42pm

You try reinstalling it? 
you sure the issue is with the app? These lads are forever changing servers and sometimes it can knock out a few subs. Contact you guy and check it out

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 3:47pm

You try reinstalling it? 
you sure the issue is with the app? These lads are forever changing servers and sometimes it can knock out a few subs. Contact you guy and check it out

Yeah It has to be the app only signed up other day for VB Hosting Great Service and its playing Grand on my Zgemma box upstairs. All my other apps playing fine too. 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 4:13pm

You try reinstalling it? 

Yeah It has to be the app only signed up other day for VB Hosting Great Service and its playing Grand on my Zgemma box upstairs. All my other apps playing fine too. 
Ah grand so. Im using Smart IPTV app right now but its on the Amazon Fire TV.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 6:27pm

You try reinstalling it? 

Ah grand so. Im using Smart IPTV app right now but its on the Amazon Fire TV.

Got it sorted anyway all I had to do was uninstall it EmbarrassedLOL it's a great Smartapp IPTV ClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 6:35pm
LOL

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 11:43am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Restart the app, or turn off your tv at the mains for two minutes should restart all the apps.

if this fails put in microwave for 2 minutes Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 2:34pm

IPTV's days are numbered I reckon. Samsung removed them from their TV's after their last updates, more companies will follow I suspect. Best get a box of some sort.

http://aerialview.tv/mobile/2018/06/02/smart-iptv-app-banned/" rel="nofollow - http://aerialview.tv/mobile/2018/06/02/smart-iptv-app-banned/

3 months into the football season and IPTV is better than I’ve ever known it to be, the choice now is ridiculous and even having championship matches is excellent. 

PPV events have been flawless as well. 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:02pm

3 months into the football season and IPTV is better than I’ve ever known it to be, the choice now is ridiculous and even having championship matches is excellent. 

Agree,more content seems to be available now.

Plenty of good cheap Android boxs now as well,compared to a few years ago.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:18pm

Agreed - I’ve had zero issues to far.
They seem to be uploading lots of new movies too which is great.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:54pm

Agreed - I’ve had zero issues to far.
They seem to be uploading lots of new movies too which is great.

IPTV a great bunch of lads Clap

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:58pm
could anybody recommend a good iptv service?
I’m happy with the one I have but my sub expires shortly and they are not accepting renewals.
Cheers 

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:38am
Iptv planet. eu

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 5:05am
Living in the middle east now so use 247iptv.org. $20 a month and the streams are excellent. Was able to watch last week's UFC on BT and the Bohs match on RTE, both streams were perfect. They have Eir sport too so will be handy for next season's LoI matches.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:39pm
Want to watch the end of NASCAR Talladega race that’s on now.
Anyone know a free online site to watch it?

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 8:50pm
Smarters APP comes to LG and Samsung smart TVs over the weekend apparently Clap. Its a far better set up and EPG than the Smart IPTV app it allows VOD too if your provider has it. 

-------------

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:22am
Not sure if this is the right place for this? Have decided to get rid of Virgin Media for TV and broadband. Going to go with either roku/chromecast/android box or a sattelite dish & saorview as don't want to pay a TV subscription any more.

Just a few questions :
Which is better to go with?
How fast does the broadband have to be for the boxes?
Who does the best broadband after Virgin? Would like to go with Eir because of the free BT channels but their service and customer relations feedback seems to be horrific online.

Any help appreciated,lads.

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 2:52am
is there anywhere to get cheap broadband?

like for a fiver a month, prices now are insane, better off sticking to mobile

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:54am
Have a look at http://www.onebigswitch.ie" rel="nofollow - www.onebigswitch.ie for a broadband deal with pure telecom. I was with them before and theyre grand. Its through the phone line so youll get the same speed as with eir or any other provider.

If you want completely sub free tv you’ll still need to spend a bit initially. For Saorview you’ll need an aerial. Then a satellite dish for freesat http://www.freesat.co.uk" rel="nofollow - www.freesat.co.uk which is the British free to air channels. Sticking up a dish is very easy, id suggest buying one second hand on done deal or adverts. An old sky dish will do or you can pick them up in power city i think also. Also a ream of coax, again in power city and it comes with the connectors.

After that, if youre telly has tuners then happy days, if not pick up a twin receiver sat box. They start cheap and depending on what you need (pause, rewind, recors, store) the price goes up. Probably sounds a bit daunting but actually not a lot to it.

Alternatively, just get the Amazon Fire stick and go with an iptv sub for €50/€60 a year or so and get everything.

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:25am

Have a look at http://www.onebigswitch.ie" rel="nofollow - www.onebigswitch.ie for a broadband deal with pure telecom. I was with them before and theyre grand. Its through the phone line so youll get the same speed as with eir or any other provider.

If you want completely sub free tv you’ll still need to spend a bit initially. For Saorview you’ll need an aerial. Then a satellite dish for freesat http://www.freesat.co.uk" rel="nofollow - www.freesat.co.uk which is the British free to air channels. Sticking up a dish is very easy, id suggest buying one second hand on done deal or adverts. An old sky dish will do or you can pick them up in power city i think also. Also a ream of coax, again in power city and it comes with the connectors.

After that, if youre telly has tuners then happy days, if not pick up a twin receiver sat box. They start cheap and depending on what you need (pause, rewind, recors, store) the price goes up. Probably sounds a bit daunting but actually not a lot to it.

Alternatively, just get the chromecast and go with an iptv sub for €50/€60 a year or so and get everything.

The only new smart TVs that will pick up official free sat (with guides and recordings) are made by LG. Otherwise you ll need a decoder box. Not to confuse this with free to air.

Best decision I've ever made on relation to the house. Saorvire, free Sat and iptv on one device without a single box hooked up to the telly and no monthly bill. 

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Trap for Pope
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:41am
DO NOT GO NEAR EIR!!!! There are no Internet & TV providers with amazing customer service but theirs is downright atrocious and I've involved comreg in my current dispute with them. Saorview and IPTV/Smart STB is the way forward .I have the Smart STB app on my Samsung TV and it is mint. €2-€3 per month for the app and €12 per month for the sub. The sub gives me everything and I'm amazed at the quality. Feel free to PM if you want a number to contact, the interface is brilliant and EVERY channel is on it. The stream from US channels for the prem games is like watching a sky box for quality. 

-------------
Living for Away days

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:18am

Alternatively, just get the chromecast and go with an iptv sub for €50/€60 a year or so and get everything.

Cheers,Sham for such a detailed reply.Thumbs Up

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

The only new smart TVs that will pick up official free sat (with guides and recordings) are made by LG. Otherwise you ll need a decoder box. Not to confuse this with free to air.

Best decision I've ever made on relation to the house. Saorvire, free Sat and iptv on one device without a single box hooked up to the telly and no monthly bill. 

Sounds great.

Originally posted by Trap for Pope Trap for Pope wrote:

DO NOT GO NEAR EIR!!!! There are no Internet & TV providers with amazing customer service but theirs is downright atrocious and I've involved comreg in my current dispute with them. Saorview and IPTV/Smart STB is the way forward .I have the Smart STB app on my Samsung TV and it is mint. €2-€3 per month for the app and €12 per month for the sub. The sub gives me everything and I'm amazed at the quality. Feel free to PM if you want a number to contact, the interface is brilliant and EVERY channel is on it. The stream from US channels for the prem games is like watching a sky box for quality. 

Cheers, TFP. I couldn't believe the negative feedback Eir have online, It's incredible. PM sent.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:35am
I'd go with an Amazon Firestick the newest Version only launched and can be got for about €50 quid. Then obviously the IPTV sub plenty around and can be got for £50 a year the crowd I'm with. 
As for Saorview I bought this small little aeriel in Dealz for €1.50 and its perfect
https://www.dealz.ie/signalex-digital-indoor-tv-aerial-30-cm" rel="nofollow - https://www.dealz.ie/signalex-digital-indoor-tv-aerial-30-cm
I've also got a freeview box for UK Channels Box and Dish can be picked up cheap enough Lidl and Aldi coming into spring sell them and they'll do the Job but If you already have a Sky Dish on the roof that will work too. 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 1:08pm
Sorry Tony, i said chromecast in my lriginal post, meant to say Amazon fire stick..

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 1:47pm

Sorry Tony, i said chromecast in my lriginal post, meant to say Amazon fire stick..

Thumbs Up

I'd go with an Amazon Firestick the newest Version only launched and can be got for about €50 quid. Then obviously the IPTV sub plenty around and can be got for £50 a year the crowd I'm with. 
As for Saorview I bought this small little aeriel in Dealz for €1.50 and its perfect
https://www.dealz.ie/signalex-digital-indoor-tv-aerial-30-cm" rel="nofollow - https://www.dealz.ie/signalex-digital-indoor-tv-aerial-30-cm
I've also got a freeview box for UK Channels Box and Dish can be picked up cheap enough Lidl and Aldi coming into spring sell them and they'll do the Job but If you already have a Sky Dish on the roof that will work too. 

Thanks, Irelandfan. There are so many inexpensive options now.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 7:27pm
Exodus beck working fine

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 9:53pm
My own sub is on FireStick too, is there a reason we can't use Chromecast for them? Are the apps more locked down or something?

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 6:52am

My own sub is on FireStick too, is there a reason we can't use Chromecast for them? Are the apps more locked down or something?
Chromecast is just casting from another device isnt it? You cant physically put apps onto it I dont think. With the fire stick the app is on the device and operates in the same way more or less as having a box. 

Posted By: CaroG
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 12:09pm
Off topic here but wasn't sure where else to post. Used to have Sky about 5 years ago. After I cancelled it still had the free to Air channels on it but they all went last year. Is the box completely useless now or is there any way of getting back these channels? 

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Cheers,Sham for such a detailed reply.Thumbs Up

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Sounds great.

Originally posted by Trap for Pope Trap for Pope wrote:

Cheers, TFP. I couldn't believe the negative feedback Eir have online, It's incredible. PM sent.

If you want a satelitte I'm selling my one, I also have a lad that said he'd install it too. Would do you a good deal on it Thumbs Up

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 12:48pm
Tiviar Alpha Plus is a triple tuner box ,costs around €130.

It can receive terrestrial and satellite programs and an IPTV sub can also be added.

Can add  a 2.5 hard drive to record saorview/sat channels.

My mate got one a few weeks back,he reckons its a perfect job.There will be some initial setting up but I dont think its too difficult.He got all the info/guide's from one of the tech sites(can get the info later on).

If you have a dish and aerial already you would be set up and running for less than €250.
€130 for the box
< €50 for HDD
€60 for IPTV sub

saorview/sat has 7 day EPG and can record/pause/ etc.I think the IPTV is also 7 day EPG but not sure.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 1:05pm

Chromecast is just casting from another device isnt it? You cant physically put apps onto it I dont think. With the fire stick the app is on the device and operates in the same way more or less as having a box. 
Thumbs Up

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 2:26pm

When did you buy that in Dealz and which Dealz was it?

Was in Omni earlier but they haven't stocked them in about a year, I was informed. Hoping to get my hands on one rather than pay Power City €25 for what is effectively the same thing.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by CaroG CaroG wrote:

Off topic here but wasn't sure where else to post. Used to have Sky about 5 years ago. After I cancelled it still had the free to Air channels on it but they all went last year. Is the box completely useless now or is there any way of getting back these channels? 
Sky may have rendered their box useless, but if you pick up a sattellite receiver you’ll get the channels back. Again as mentioned in other posts, you can go cheap and cheerful or splash a bit for extra features. Likewise if your telly has a tuner installed just connect the cable from the dish into the back of the telly and do a scan. 

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 4:32pm

Sky may have rendered their box useless, but if you pick up a sattellite receiver you’ll get the channels back. Again as mentioned in other posts, you can go cheap and cheerful or splash a bit for extra features. Likewise if your telly has a tuner installed just connect the cable from the dish into the back of the telly and do a scan. 

What type of cable would that be?

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 5:02pm
Bought a new Xbox one at the weekend and have loaded Kodi directly onto it. Works much better than it did on my firestick great having everything loaded onto the one device going to setup my iptv onto it as well

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Co ax cable. The standard cable that runs from the dish itself into the sky box normally. It can be connected to any tv with a built in tuner or any satellite reciever box. It would usually have the little circular silver connection that screws insame as a upc/virgin cable.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:09pm

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Co ax cable. The standard cable that runs from the dish itself into the sky box normally. It can be connected to any tv with a built in tuner or any satellite reciever box. It would usually have the little circular silver connection that screws insame as a upc/virgin cable.

Nice one.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net