Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56427
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 12:19am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: WC Final: France v Croatia Sun @ 4pm
Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Subject: WC Final: France v Croatia Sun @ 4pm
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:47pm
Hard to see past France for this but I’d love to see Croatia win it.

France route to the final:
Argentina 4-3
Uruguay 2-0
Belgium 1-0 

Winners in 98 and RU in 06. To think 20 years ago England had bragging rights over France (and Spain) as they won a WC.

Croatia route to the final:
Denmark 1:1 win on penos 
Russia 2:2 win on penos
England 2-1 after ET

In their first WC they made the semi finals in France with the hosts beating them 2-1.

Prediction France: 2-0

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: E2016
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:55pm
France 3-0. 

Will be as one sided as Euro 2012 final.

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:57pm
Croatia, aet or penos. They've proved to be a tenacious lot coming back  from behind three times in the KO stages. Modric was outstanding tonight.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:58pm
France 2-0.  They have the talent and the fresher legs will tell

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Croatia, aet or penos. They've proved to be a tenacious lot coming back  from behind three times in the KO stages. Modric was outstanding tonight.
Anonymous first half, best player on the pitch in the second.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

France 3-0. 

Will be as one sided as Euro 2012 final.
He will bring on three centre halves if they go one up!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Modric was outstanding tonight.
Always shows for the ball, gives a perfect weight pass and tackled back ferociously when he lost one ball. Could make player of the tournament.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:34pm

Always shows for the ball, gives a perfect weight pass and tackled back ferociously when he lost one ball. Could make player of the tournament.
Should be player of the tournament, I just feel he was poor in the first half. He made up for it by running the show afterwards.

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:50pm

Should be player of the tournament, I just feel he was poor in the first half. He made up for it by running the show afterwards.

Croatia tried to be clever with their tactics and got found out in the first half. Changed it at half time and the game changed completely. You need Modric in the middle of the park on the ball pulling the strings, not ahead of the midfield trying to create chances. 

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:07am
Would like to see Mbappe get the winner.

He's been fantastic to watch this tournament 

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:30am
Would like to see Modric do it myself, one of my favourite players to watch. Plus, the riots in Belgrade will make for great television.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:53am

Would like to see Modric do it myself, one of my favourite players to watch. Plus, the riots in Belgrade will make for great television.

He is a fantastic all round player with none of the drama.

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:56am
Like most would love to see Croatia win it, but can't see past France.

If France do win Mbappe hat trick and then he gets ballon d'or just to rub Neymars face in it would be hilarious

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:28am
Can't see any way for Croatia to win.

France a better team on paper
France had the tougher route
Croatia played 3 extra times
Croatia's strength (Modric) is likely cancelled out by Kante

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:48am
Would love to see Croatia win it. I'd give them a decent chance as well. France obviously favorites but Croatia certainly have the ability to do it.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:05am
Croatia have had such an easy route to the final.

Denmark, Russia and England would all be top 20 team in the World (I’m being generous there).
Has anybody ever got to a final recently and avoided a top 10 team? 

France have beaten Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium. I’d have Uruguay and Belgium as top 10.

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Denmark, Russia and England would all be top 20 team in the World (I’m being generous there).

France have beaten Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium. I’d have Uruguay and Belgium as top 10.
Germany had a pretty easy route in 2002. Paraguay (I think), USA & South Korea.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Germany had a pretty easy route in 2002. Paraguay (I think), USA & South Korea.
Germans again in 86 - Morocco, Mexico before France in SF.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:30am
Italy in 06 had Australia and Ukraine before beating Germany in the semi's. Whereas France had to beat Portugal, Brazil and Spain to reach the final.

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:12am
France 3-1

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: Terzino
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:39pm
France are a machine and it's difficult to see anything other than a win for them.

However, Croatia probably feel like they have mystical forces guiding them to a World Cup win.

For France everything is going according to plan, while Croatia have had to ad-lib a lot more. 

Deschamps will expect a 2-0 win. He probably ordered the bus for the victory parade in Paris a couple of months ago.

We can only hope that the Croats score first and football match will break-out. 

The French were too clever for their own good against Argentina, and it nearly came back to bite them. 

The Croats have none of the chaos that the Argentinians have, but they do have the talent to unsettle France.

Deschamps was probably laughing at the Croats for trying to score a third goal against England last night. They should have been running the ball into the corners.

Hopefully the Croats can keep that up. It'd be nice if they delivered the coup de grace to France in injury time to bring the curtain down on this World Cup.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:06am
Modric has for sure been player of the tournament.

I am sick of the mbappe talk. The way some of the media have been going on is that he has been tearing up the world cup. That he is the new mesiah. 
Ok yes he is only 19 but apart from the Argentine game where he was good and took goals well, has he really been that amazing? I think griezmann has been more influential to be honest and even others like Kante and all the defence.  
I think the whole mbappe praise started because of the timing where ronaldo and Messi went out and he got the two goals to knock out Argentina in the same round. So it was out with the old, in with the new. But he has been very ordinary since.

Whereas Modric has orchestrated Croatia to the final with MOTM performances in 5 games so far. 

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I am sick of the mbappe talk. The way some of the media have been going on is that he has been tearing up the world cup. That he is the new mesiah. 
Ok yes he is only 19 but apart from the Argentine game where he was good and took goals well, has he really been that amazing? I think griezmann has been more influential to be honest and even others like Kante and all the defence.  
I think the whole mbappe praise started because of the timing where ronaldo and Messi went out and he got the two goals to knock out Argentina in the same round. So it was out with the old, in with the new. But he has been very ordinary since.

Whereas Modric has orchestrated Croatia to the final with MOTM performances in 5 games so far. 

Perisic actually got the official MOTM award against England

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:27am
Can my beloved Dejan Lovrens luck hold out for the final, it ran out for Stones & Walker in the semi, he has had a decent tournament so far got away with a lot of sh*t in the Semi against England but in the final up against the likes of Griezemann, Giroud, Mbappe can his luck hold out?

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Italy in 06 had Australia and Ukraine before beating Germany in the semi's. Whereas France had to beat Portugal, Brazil and Spain to reach the final.
That was France's own fault for not winning their group.

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:24am
I agree tr_andy regarding Mbappe
I think the commentators are overplaying how good he has been. They were saying he was the best player on the pitch by a mile against Belgium. First half I thought Hazard was 

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:29am
Thought Hazard was the best player on the pitch all match. He was trying to win it on his own at times. I don't think him and De Bruyne were helped by the tactics employed, Hazard just tried to keep going though.
Mbappé was a danger throughout but is being talked up because of his maturity on the pitch for his age, which I can understand.

-------------

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:39am
France to win this pretty handily

the referee Pitana should crack down on the Croatians cynical attempts to stop France's more speedier players 

they will have too much. 2-0 or 3-1

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:04pm
Croatia’s easy run to the final should not be overlooked
France to win in 90 mins at just below evens is a great bet

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was it really that easy?

Denmark had gone something like 17 games unbeaten up to that point, whereas the hosts are generally always pretty tough to eliminate. They might have got lucky to meet England in the semi-final but it was still a much stronger than usual English team at the end of the day.

They've showed fantastic resilience throughout the tournament. Won't be going near the final with a barge pole betting wise. Should be a cracker of a final.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:19pm
Well if England’s run to the semis was easy then surely Croatia’s was as well?
Colombia and Sweden wouldn’t be any worse than Denmark and Russia 

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:23pm

Hrm, not so sure about that. Mightn't be a huge amount in it but felt Croatia definitely had a tougher route to reach the semi final than England did. Either way both enjoyed an easier route to the semi final stages than France did.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Why would you be sick of the Mbappe talk? He’s a joy to watch and without doubt the next big superstar! Just enjoy his performances.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Why would you be sick of the Mbappe talk? He’s a joy to watch and without doubt the next big superstar! Just enjoy his performances.

Clap

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Was it really that easy?

Denmark had gone something like 17 games unbeaten up to that point, whereas the hosts are generally always pretty tough to eliminate. They might have got lucky to meet England in the semi-final but it was still a much stronger than usual English team at the end of the day.

They've showed fantastic resilience throughout the tournament. Won't be going near the final with a barge pole betting wise. Should be a cracker of a final.

Yes it was relatively easy.
None of them would be a top 10 team in the World.

France has to beat Belgium and Uruguay who would be a higher level.

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Clap

I just mean it's like it's being forced down our throats that he has been amazing. He is exciting and it's great to see a young player like that with the world at his feet. But I just don't think he has been as influential as what has been made out. I think there are others in that French team who have made more of an influence to get them to the final. 

He'll probably bag a hat-trick now on Sunday LOL

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 8:04pm

Agreed

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:41pm
Do the group stages not count or something ? Put England into Croatia's group and they would likely have failed to get out of it in the first place.  Can't prove that, but they are 2nd bottom of the rankings for shots on target per 90 mins, only Iran were worse. 

Yes, England & Croatia had relatively similar 2nd round & QF games, but that is only telling half a story, ye can't seriously be saying Tunisia & Panama are of the same calibre as Argentina & Nigeria, even Iceland are better than those 2, or at the very least, more difficult to beat. All England have really done in this WC is beat Sweden convincingly, and fair play to them for doing so etc, but Croatia's group was reasonably difficult, even allowing for how shambolic Argentina were. 

Would Stones & the lads really have kept Messi & Aguero out, even if they scored 3 at the other end (which their shots per 90 mins stats suggests they wouldn't have in the first place)? Really don't think so. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:10pm
Croatia couldn’t beat Denmark and Russia using the logic that a penalty shoot out win isn’t a win. Argentina were a mess when Croatia beat them, id be surprised if England couldn’t have got a result against them that night. They’d not have made the same mistake again against Iceland and would have beaten them imo, based on the fact they’re better than two years ago and Iceland have either stood still or regressed slightly. They beat Nigeria quite comfortably in a friendly before the tournament at Wembley which is the only barometer we can use for that one! 

I think France will win the final comfortably as they’ve come through the much harder side of the draw and looked solid and untroubled. Croatia have had a straight forward run to the final and in two of their knockout games needed penalties to beat mediocre opposition 

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:27am
shots on target per 90 in open play I believe that the stat going round is, taking out all the set pieces

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:39am
Adidas must be raging.  Another all Nike final LOL

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Nike have never made one nice kit since getting into football. Fact.

Lotto, Adidas, Hummell, are usually good designers

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:59am

Another one...

Wasn't the last one all Addidas?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 12:06pm
presumably he means the Euros final

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:09pm
Would really love to see the Croats win. Modric has been the player of the tournament.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:47pm
Bayern Munich have had a player in EVERY World Cup Final since 1982 !!!

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

So have Inter Milan 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

So have Inter Milan 
Some stat for both.

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Nike have never made one nice kit since getting into football. Fact.

Lotto, Adidas, Hummell, are usually good designers

Hummel?! Gway out of that

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 5:54am
https://conorwalsh26.wixsite.com/thelowdown/single-post/2018/07/14/FRANCE-V-CROATIA%20" rel="nofollow - https://conorwalsh26.wixsite.com/thelowdown/single-post/2018/07/14/FRANCE-V-CROATIA

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:22am

So have Inter Milan 
Some stat for both.

Seen that in the daily fail last week 

1982, Italy 3-1 West Germany: Gabriele Oriali, Giuseppe Bergomi (Inter Milan), Wolfgang Dremmler, Karl-Heinze Rummenigge, Paul Breitner (Bayern Munich)

1986, Argentina 3-2 West Germany: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge (Inter Milan), Norbert Eder, Dieter Hoeness, Lothar Matthaus (Bayern Munich)

1990, West Germany 1-0 Argentina: Andreas Brehme, Jurgen Klinsmann, Lothar Matthaus (Inter Milan), Stefan Reuter, Jurgen Kohler, Klaus Augenthaler (Bayern Munich)

1994, Brazil 0-0 Italy (Brazil won 3-2 on pens): Nicola Berti (Inter Milan), Jorginho (Bayern Munich)

1998, Brazil 0-3 France: Youri Djorkaeff, Ronaldo (Inter Milan), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich)

2002, Germany 0-2 Brazil: Ronaldo (Inter Milan), Jens Jeremies, Thomas Linke, Oliver Khan (Bayern Munich)

2006, Italy 1-1 France (Italy won 5-3 on pens): Marco Materazzi, Fabio Grosso (Inter Milan), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich)

2010, Netherlands 0-1 Spain: Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan), Mark van Bommel, Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)

2014, Germany 1-0 Argentina: Rodrigo Palacio (Inter Milan), Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Jerome Boateng, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Thomas Muller, Toni Kroos, Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich)

2018:

Ivan Perisic and Marcelo Brozovic both play for Inter and should now feature in Sunday's showcase event.

They could face France midfielder Corentin Tolisso of Bayern Munich who came on in the 86th minute of Tuesday's 1-0 victory over Belgium.

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:37am
Love Croatia to lift the WC but I think France will win it.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:39am
In only one of the past 7 finals has both teams scored and only once have we seen more than 2 goals.

The pressure is all on France. That loss to Portugal at home still hurts. Croatia made it through the playoffs and are now in the final. 
For many off the squad it’s their last WC so they will be desperate to win it. It would be some story for a young country born out of war.

I don’t think it will be a pretty game and that suits Croatia.

The stage is all set for Mbappé to run at that defence and become a super star. 

Cheering for Croatia but think France will win. 

-------------

Posted By: niallmc
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Would really love to see the Croats win. Modric has been the player of the tournament.

Thinking the same myself. 

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 12:35pm

Croatia couldn’t beat Denmark and Russia using the logic that a penalty shoot out win isn’t a win. Argentina were a mess when Croatia beat them, id be surprised if England couldn’t have got a result against them that night. They’d not have made the same mistake again against Iceland and would have beaten them imo, based on the fact they’re better than two years ago and Iceland have either stood still or regressed slightly. They beat Nigeria quite comfortably in a friendly before the tournament at Wembley which is the only barometer we can use for that one! 

I think France will win the final comfortably as they’ve come through the much harder side of the draw and looked solid and untroubled. Croatia have had a straight forward run to the final and in two of their knockout games needed penalties to beat mediocre opposition

Croatia did not have a straight forward run at all. They came from the highly competitive side of the knockout rounds. 3 games went to extra time, 2 to penalties. By contrast, France sailed through the group and breezed through the knockout rounds. 

It would be great to see Croatia's name on the trophy, even if the purists will argue that a small country winning shows that standards are falling, and the best players in the world are only interested in the European Cup.  But France will probably win 2-0, wrap it up halfway through the second half. Except against Argentina, they've been dull as ditchwater throughout, they snoozed through the only goalless draw in the tournament, and do no more than the bare minimum necessary to win.

-------------
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Croatia did not have a straight forward run at all. They came from the highly competitive side of the knockout rounds. 3 games went to extra time, 2 to penalties. By contrast, France sailed through the group and breezed through the knockout rounds.

But that could speak to Croatia not being good enough, and France being excellent. Beating Argentina, Uruguay, and Belgium fairly handily is not to be sniffed at.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:27pm
Apart from cocaine and checking the freshness of milk, what is to be sniffed at?

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:48pm

Apart from cocaine and checking the freshness of milk, what is to be sniffed at?
A good kebab fart

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:41pm

So have Inter Milan 
Some stat for both.

Seen that in the daily fail last week 

1982, Italy 3-1 West Germany: Gabriele Oriali, Giuseppe Bergomi (Inter Milan), Wolfgang Dremmler, Karl-Heinze Rummenigge, Paul Breitner (Bayern Munich)

1986, Argentina 3-2 West Germany: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge (Inter Milan), Norbert Eder, Dieter Hoeness, Lothar Matthaus (Bayern Munich)

1990, West Germany 1-0 Argentina: Andreas Brehme, Jurgen Klinsmann, Lothar Matthaus (Inter Milan), Stefan Reuter, Jurgen Kohler, Klaus Augenthaler (Bayern Munich)

1994, Brazil 0-0 Italy (Brazil won 3-2 on pens): Nicola Berti (Inter Milan), Jorginho (Bayern Munich)

1998, Brazil 0-3 France: Youri Djorkaeff, Ronaldo (Inter Milan), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich)

2002, Germany 0-2 Brazil: Ronaldo (Inter Milan), Jens Jeremies, Thomas Linke, Oliver Khan (Bayern Munich)

2006, Italy 1-1 France (Italy won 5-3 on pens): Marco Materazzi, Fabio Grosso (Inter Milan), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich)

2010, Netherlands 0-1 Spain: Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan), Mark van Bommel, Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)

2014, Germany 1-0 Argentina: Rodrigo Palacio (Inter Milan), Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Jerome Boateng, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Thomas Muller, Toni Kroos, Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich)

2018:

Ivan Perisic and Marcelo Brozovic both play for Inter and should now feature in Sunday's showcase event.

They could face France midfielder Corentin Tolisso of Bayern Munich who came on in the 86th minute of Tuesday's 1-0 victory over Belgium.

Grosso joined Inter after WC

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

But that could speak to Croatia not being good enough, and France being excellent. Beating Argentina, Uruguay, and Belgium fairly handily is not to be sniffed at.

IMO the 4 best teams at the World Cup - France, Belgium, Brazil and Uruguay were all on the same half and would have made the final if they were on the other side.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 3:46pm
Robbie Williams performed at the opening ceremony and Will Smith at closing the Russians know it's not the 90's right?

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 3:52pm
Interesting facts about the Luzhniki Stadium:

1. It was originally built as an arena to watch bears fighting humans in matches to the death
2. It was designed by the inventor of Tetris and they laid the bricks by dropping them into place from a helicopter in the sky
3. It was the venue for the famous boxing match on 25 December 1985 between Ivan Drago and  Rocky Balboa.
4.  Luzhniki is translated into English as Bear Fighting
5.  The official scoreboard is powered by a Commodore 64.
6 The stadium has execution chambers for traitors to Mother Russia that is used on Jan 1st each year in live televised executions and is watched by millions of people each year and is considered a family tradition to sit down and watch it together to ring in the new year.

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 3:53pm
Hrvatska ClapClapClapClapClap

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:19pm
Horrible from Griezmann.

-------------

was that their first attack?
Croatia on top until then.

-------------

Cheating French bastards

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:20pm
Where's VAR to review that freekick?

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:29pm
Lovely goal

What's going on?  A world cup final that isn't going to be a boring stalemate?Shocked

-------------

Cracking goal.

-------------

Great goal. Well worked 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Great finish. Delighted Griezmann's cheating won't decide it.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:31pm
Cracking strike. Delighted for Croatia

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:32pm
Have some of that! Clap

No more than Croatia deserve. Thumbs Up

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:33pm
Modric and Rakitic have been immense so far. France have been anonymous even after their cheat goal  

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:35pm
Giroud has been an annoying little prick so far in this game

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:36pm
stonewall penalty.

f**k off 

-------------

I think it was a penalty tbf

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
VAR can f**k right off! Never a handball, ball to hand imo. Angry

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:39pm
Think the match will finish 2-1 now.  No more goals.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:39pm
Stupid from Perisic, really stupid.

Deschamps to bring on three defenders at halftime.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:40pm
Dubious peno.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:45pm

It was a soft peno but I think it was

Hand moved to ball. Silly one to give away and tbf the ref did take his time looking at it. 

Croatia the far better team and 2-1 down.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:48pm
Are these Croatian lads trying to miss the ball when it comes in?? Kin ell

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:49pm

It was a soft peno but I think it was

Hand moved to ball. Silly one to give away and tbf the ref did take his time looking at it. 

Croatia the far better team and 2-1 down.
He knew what he was doing, it was a definite penalty. Croatia have been well on top and don't deserve to be losing. France look vulnerable at set-pieces.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:53pm
They played ''Tonight's Going to Be a Good Night'' as they walked off at half time after france cheating their way to a lead.  Sounds familiar.

The theme song to cheating bastards

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:54pm

stonewall penalty.

I wouldn't say it was a stonewall penalty given the proximity of the player but if you jump with arms out, even if you're not playing the ball, you always run the risk if it. 

I have a feeling if it happened at the favourites and more established European power's penalty box, the decision may have went France's way. Especially after the free kick decision.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:55pm
Slightly harsh penalty but his arm went from shoulder height downwards towards the ball. 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:55pm
There is a lot of rubbish being spoken about the penalty. Linekar has just read the laws of the handball, and it speaks for itself. Peresic moved his hand to the ball.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

VAR can f**k right off! Never a handball, ball to hand imo. Angry

VAR didn't award the penalty, the ref did

Slow motion replays shouldn't be used though

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:56pm

There is a lot of rubbish being spoken about the penalty. Linekar has just read the laws of the handball, and it speaks for itself. Peresic moved his hand to the ball.
Agreed, I don't understand how there is debate about it.

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:57pm
Croatia being robbed. Same ref have France everything in their game with Uruguay. Antibes or Monaco, senor ?

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I wouldn't say it was a stonewall penalty given the proximity of the player but if you jump with arms out, even if you're not playing the ball, you always run the risk if it. 

I have a feeling if it happened at the favourites and more established European power's penalty box, the decision may have went France's way. Especially after the free kick decision.

Possibly. But I think you have hit the nail on the head with reference to jumping with the arm out. The ridicule that this decision is being met with is ludicrous and is going further and further to undermine any validity that the handball has. Linekar has made a fair point about removing the ambiguity and making it an automatic offence, even if it is accidental.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 5:00pm

Agreed, I don't understand how there is debate about it.

I dont know if this is being used as a cudgel against VAR. These are the decisions I commend referees for giving.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 5:07pm
Another goal here for Croatia in the offing 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 5:08pm
Mandzukic not playing well

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Another goal here for Croatia in the offing 

Not sure. Hope so.  I just get that feeling there will be no more goals.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 5:12pm
Well there's a couple of people who'll be in the hospitality of the Moscow Constabulary tonight LOL

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Possibly. But I think you have hit the nail on the head with reference to jumping with the arm out. The ridicule that this decision is being met with is ludicrous and is going further and further to undermine any validity that the handball has. Linekar has made a fair point about removing the ambiguity and making it an automatic offence, even if it is accidental.

I'm watching it on ITV amd Keane went it calling it a disgusting decision.LOL Keane is clearly up for Croatia and by any reasonable measure it's a debatable decision. I can see why it's given. Not sure if his hand actually motioned towards the ball as the slow motion can be very deceiving. As others have posted it should be replayed in real time for the ref's decision. 

France certainly have the rub of the green between the two decisions. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net