3. Blarney (Cork) vs Derry
  4. Shels vs Athlone
  5. Newmarket Celtic (Clare) vs Cabinteely
  6. Cockhill Celtic (Donegal) vs Limerick
  7. Dundalk vs Cobh
  8. Bray vs Harps
  9. Skerries Town (Dublin) vs Waterford
  10. Sligo vs Longford
  11. Maynooth University Town (Kildare) vs Leeds (Cork)
  12. North End United (Wexford) vs Galway
  13. Home Farm (Dublin) vs Cork City
  14. Wexford vs Bohs
  15. Inchicore Athletic (Dublin) vs Pat's
  16. Dublin Bus (Dublin) vs CIE Ranch (Dublin)
As for the draw itself, it was a shambles from the FAI. Supposed to be done on their YouTube channel, but the stream never began, meanwhile an unfiltered chat in the comments section led to fans abusing each other. The website on which the draw took place was very slow to update, and at one stage showed Inchicore Athletic vs Inchicore Athletic.

-------------
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Replies:
Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:13pm

A big round of fixtures for Inchicore/West Dublin there:

Inchicore Athletic vs Saints
Dublin Bus vs CIE Ranch

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:29pm
Battle of the busmen

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

A big round of fixtures for Inchicore/West Dublin there:

Inchicore Athletic vs Saints
Dublin Bus vs CIE Ranch

Both of those made me laugh as well. 

Remember all of those scenes of the English teams arriving in Istanbul in the 90s for game and the "warm" welcome they got ?? Those Waterford lads won't know what's hit them !!!!!!

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 3:14pm
Dublin Bus vs CIE Ranch the last tie out of the hat.

No surprise they were delayed, I suppose.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Dublin Bus vs CIE Ranch the last tie out of the hat.

No surprise they were delayed, I suppose.
Or that they both came out one after the other.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:26am
Good test for Bray tonight to see where we're at, will miss it unfortunately.

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:33pm
Record breaking 12-2 win for Derry today against Blarney United.

-------------

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:44pm
Happy with the 4-1 win in Skerries and can't wait for the draw on Monday. Prob get Derry city away watch 

12-2 win is unreal for Derry and really shows the class between PD and non league 

Bit of a coincidence alright with Dublin Bus vs CIE getting drawn together and Whoever gets CIE in the next round will be happy 

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 2:07pm
is the draw on soccer republic?

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

is the draw on soccer republic?

Yeah 7:45 for it

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:01pm
Still on course for Dundalk v Cork part IV

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 1:08am
Did anyone else notice the state of the cards drawn with the names of the teams on them. Looked very worn, I'd say they were the ones used from the previous round draw. Looked bad on TV.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:11am
Yeah, noticed that too, they looked recycled.  Amateurish.  You wouldn't see it in a draw for a pool tournament down the youth club. 

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:17am
f**k All Interest. 

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Happy with the 4-1 win in Skerries and can't wait for the draw on Monday. Prob get Derry city away watch 

12-2 win is unreal for Derry and really shows the class between PD and non league 

Bit of a coincidence alright with Dublin Bus vs CIE getting drawn together and Whoever gets CIE in the next round will be happy  

Yeah I'm happy anyway because my first team is still in the competition. There's an opportunity for some discounted transport to the game. Hoefully it'll be The Ranch, UCD Leinster Senior League side (who qualified on the field but are denied a place in the FAI Senior Cup) can direct UCD SSE Airtricity League. The UCD LSL side played there approx 2010, 2011 during Senior 1B season. The only match scheduled for Dublin.

Before the draw, I was hoping for two all-Premier Division ties to compliment the three 'shocks' from First Division teams in the previous round. The Premier Division could impose itself very quickly in qualifying for the next round, but happy for the seven First Division teams, competitive football week in week out has stood to them.

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Did anyone else notice the state of the cards drawn with the names of the teams on them. Looked very worn, I'd say they were the ones used from the previous round draw. Looked bad on TV.

I noticed it with the first team out of the hat CIE Ranch but then remembered they have had to survive a Preliminary round draw as well as well the first round draw. So this was the third time being used, I don't mind recycled name tags, single-use labels should be a thing of the past.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 12:03pm
Go Whan Longford!

FAI Cup draw (ties to be played August 24-26): CIE Ranch v UCD, Galway v Bohemians, Derry City v St Pat's, Dundalk v Finn Harps, Cork City v Maynooth, Drogheda v Waterford, Longford v Shelbourne, Limerick v Cabinteely.

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 11:50pm
No shocks tonight. Let's hope cork get dundalk in the quarter finals. Bohs must fancy there chances. But if at least one of the big 2 were out of the way before the semi finals the rest could start dreaming.

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 9:22am
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

No shocks tonight. Let's hope cork get dundalk in the quarter finals. Bohs must fancy there chances. But if at least one of the big 2 were out of the way before the semi finals the rest could start dreaming.

get a grip man LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:49pm
Happy with Waterfords draw but cup football is funny and we have to on our game against UCD 

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 
Longford Town vs Cork City 

Would love the semis to be Waterford vs Bohs and Dundalk vs Cork City but tbh a Dundalk or Cork City cup win could suite Waterford if we finish 4th in the league (We get the last Europa league spot)

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:54am

Happy with Waterfords draw but cup football is funny and we have to on our game against UCD 

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 

Would love the semis to be Waterford vs Bohs and Dundalk vs Cork City but tbh a Dundalk or Cork City cup win could suite Waterford if we finish 4th in the league (We get the last Europa league spot)
Has it been confirmed that Waterford will be allowed to play in Europe? There had been question marks over it the club actually would be allowed as technically it's a new club and you must be playing 3 years to be allowed into Europe 

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 

Has it been confirmed that Waterford will be allowed to play in Europe? There had been question marks over it the club actually would be allowed as technically it's a new club and you must be playing 3 years to be allowed into Europe 

This should have been confirmed ages ago, there are four clubs chasing fifth and it could be a very exciting finish. Is their any history of a club getting a dispensation on this or is that just optimism from Waterford? 

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:03am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 

This should have been confirmed ages ago, there are four clubs chasing fifth and it could be a very exciting finish. Is their any history of a club getting a dispensation on this or is that just optimism from Waterford? 

all cleared up. only online rumours. there was no new club. only new chairman, debts paid off and a change of name as we dropped United and went back to F.C. 

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Derry City vs Bohs
UCD vs Waterford 
Limerick vs Dundalk 

all cleared up. only online rumours. there was no new club. only new chairman, debts paid off and a change of name as we dropped United and went back to F.C. 

There was a new trading entity set up in December 2016 alright. Who exactly cleared this all up? 

-------------

Posted By: Tony Cousins
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 11:22am

There was a new trading entity set up in December 2016 alright. Who exactly cleared this all up? 

My understanding is that even though there was a new trading entity set up, all the debts of the previous entity were paid up and therefore Waterford will be eligible for Europe.

Is the FAI cup one of the most rigged draws in Europe? Handy draws for the top 3 teams in the league and the next ranked team get a home draw.

I'm not very good at maths, but Cork and Dundalk have avoided each other for the last 3 semi finals in a row, I wonder what the mathematical probability of them avoiding each other in four consecutive semi final draws would have been. Any mathematicians out there?

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

My understanding is that even though there was a new trading entity set up, all the debts of the previous entity were paid up and therefore Waterford will be eligible for Europe.

Is the FAI cup one of the most rigged draws in Europe? Handy draws for the top 3 teams in the league and the next ranked team get a home draw.

I'm not very good at maths, but Cork and Dundalk have avoided each other for the last 3 semi finals in a row, I wonder what the mathematical probability of them avoiding each other in four consecutive semi final draws would have been. Any mathematicians out there?

I'd be surprised if we've heard the last of this but back to the FAI Cup anyway. 

Odds are slightly under 20% for 4, just under 30% for three in a row. Surprised people think the FAI want a City - Dundalk final, I'd say they'd love a new tie as would everyone.

-------------

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:21pm
Chances of them not meeting each other through the entire competition for 3 years is 13.5%, chances of 4 years is 7.3%, presuming there is no seeding in the earlier rounds, which there isn't as far as I am aware?

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Chances of them not meeting each other through the entire competition for 3 years is 13.5%, chances of 4 years is 7.3%, presuming there is no seeding in the earlier rounds, which there isn't as far as I am aware?

Nope, open draw

-------------

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:30pm

I'd be surprised if we've heard the last of this but back to the FAI Cup anyway. 

Odds are slightly under 20% for 4, just under 30% for three in a row. Surprised people think the FAI want a City - Dundalk final, I'd say they'd love a new tie as would everyone.

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

There have been FAI Cup ties between both clubs for the past three years.   It's a misrepresentation to suggest otherwise. Football teams have been excluded from the FAI Cup this year like other years, this is stuff to get concerned about.

Delighted for the UCD AFC v Waterford FC tie. Two previous cup ties used up three different venues so UCD Bowl will be a fourth venue.
Pretty cool. #COYBIB

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:48am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

There have been FAI Cup ties between both clubs for the past three years.   It's a misrepresentation to suggest otherwise.

I'm talking about them being drawn together. Playing each other is not the issue.

And I'm talking about them being drawn together very specifically in semi final draws, because there is a 1/3 chance of them being drawn together in a semi final draw, therefore logically it is likely they would have been drawn together at least once in the 3 draws that have happened in the last 3 years.

This has not happened. I would bet they won't be drawn together this year either if they both make the semis.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 10:18am

There have been FAI Cup ties between both clubs for the past three years.   It's a misrepresentation to suggest otherwise.

I'm talking about them being drawn together. Playing each other is not the issue.

And I'm talking about them being drawn together very specifically in semi final draws, because there is a 1/3 chance of them being drawn together in a semi final draw, therefore logically it is likely they would have been drawn together at least once in the 3 draws that have happened in the last 3 years.

This has not happened. I would bet they won't be drawn together this year either if they both make the semis.

I don't think you understand the maths all that well to be honest. 30% is about 7-3 in betting terms. Shamrock were probably what 11-2 to win last night? So while it wasn't the most like outcome there is nothing alarming about it. 

Again there's probably noone in the country that wants another City - Dawk final so I just don't get this theory.

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:29pm
Didn't think it was a red card but an absolutely stupid tackle from Meenan.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:54pm
You can hear every curse from the Longford fans in the stand LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 10:30pm
Very bad night for Waterford 

2-1 loss away too UCD 

Really disappointed with the performance esp with the amount of supporters who travelled up to the game. The penalty we scored was the only chance we really had and UCD deserved the win 

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:57pm
Dundalk vs UCD 
Bohs/Derry vs City

Very good chance of seeing a City-Dundalk final for the fourth season running, but while Dundalk should get past UCD without too much issue, Bohs or Derry will be a tough test for City. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:10pm
I look forward to Bohs being a “tough test” for youse, feckin langers. After we beat the hurdygurdyaye shower

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:24pm
Worst possible draw for City i think. Dundalk essentially in the final and a tough semi for City. Really wanted Dundalk at home in this, would probably have even preferred them away. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 12:22pm

told youse

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 12:30pm
hot and cold  balls

-------------
Come on Irelind

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:15pm

told youse

Not exactly an oracle seeing as thete was a 67% chance of this happening. Are people serious when they suggest this was fixed as i cant see why anybody would want the same final four years in a row. Anyway City have a hard draw and have a lot of work to do to be there no matter what. I dont see how this draw could have gone worse for us. 

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:33pm

told youse

Not exactly an oracle seeing as thete was a 67% chance of this happening. Are people serious when they suggest this was fixed as i cant see why anybody would want the same final four years in a row. Anyway City have a hard draw and have a lot of work to do to be there no matter what. I dont see how this draw could have gone worse for us. 

Away to Dundalk?

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

told youse

Away to Dundalk?

Wouldn't have been ideal obviously but i honestly would have preferred it. I wanted Dundalk in the semi, at home obviously the preference but this is arguably the hardest way for us to win the cup. 

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:01pm
Cork fans throwing cans at Dano Kelly on the way in to Lansdowne today Embarrassed

Prediction Dundalk 2-0 

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:03pm
any Ybiggers heading to this and having pints beforehand?

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:42pm
Yeah, heading to the Square Ball now for one before the match.

-------------

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:48pm
Before yous are all down the pub, anybody got a reliable link to this that will play outside of Ireland. RTE Player just freezes and the app can't be downloaded on my device (only apple and android).

Thanks in advance, from an increasingly pissed off Dundalk fan in the us Thumbs Up

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Humpy Gussy Humpy Gussy wrote:

Before yous are all down the pub, anybody got a reliable link to this that will play outside of Ireland. RTE Player just freezes and the app can't be downloaded on my device (only apple and android).

Thanks in advance, from an increasingly pissed off Dundalk fan in the us Thumbs Up

Download Mobdro onto your phone from the website (don't use the Play Store or app Store to do it)

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:07pm
Just saw the Girls Fai Cup and i have to say well done to the Youths .
The PU Centre forward is a cheating fooking Bitch and should have been sent off with dives in the box and much more .  

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

The PU Centre forward is a cheating fooking Bitch and should have been sent off with dives in the box and much more .  
LOLLOLLOL A little OTT perhaps CM!

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:41pm

PU robbed of 2 stone wall penos cheating hun referee 

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

PU robbed of 2 stone wall penos cheating hun basta referee 

Fixed Wink

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Whelo79
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:03pm
does anyone know if premium level tickets can be bought anywhere today? 

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:10pm
Think dundalk will win this today. Going for 2-0.  There's a confidence around dundalk.

Looking forward to a good game 

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

PU robbed of 2 stone wall penos cheating hun basta referee 

Fixed Wink
Thanks HUN Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:35pm
A few early observations... 
Kevin Doyle doesn't know what dearth means.
Alan Cawley likes saying 'Peter'.
The pronunciation of Hoban's name is focking ridiculous.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

it seemed to just change overnight from Hoban to Hooban 

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 4:02pm
That was an interesting 60 seconds

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Andrew Cole likes this

-------------

Posted By: Dugs
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 4:26pm
not a great game so far. Very tight.  Could be another extra time game.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:01pm

That’s how he pronounces it apparently. Have never heard it pronounced like that anywhere else 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

That’s how he pronounces it apparently. Have never heard it pronounced like that anywhere else 
Hed want to re-evaluate that if that is the case 

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:30pm
It’s the galway/loughrea pronunciation and that’s all that matters.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

It’s the galway/loughrea pronunciation and that’s all that matters.
well there should be a referendum called to change it cause it annoys us all. Dundalk win the cup again. Some achievement going on at that club.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:43pm
while you can see dundalk builing and building in their success its clear cork need some freshening up. Whether that be a change in management or new players they need something to keep up with dundalk. 

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:44pm
Is JD even there today or is he at the opening of a dressing room?

Just seen him there looking like he was arguing with 2 aul ladsLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:45pm
Unlucky city today thought the team executed the game plan well today. A bad mistake from griff who isnt really up to this level imo, would love KOC back especially given how bad our set piece delivery is at times. It was an excellent cross by Gannon to capitalise on the mistake though. So i guess congrats to dundalk, enjoy the off season and when we return it will no doubt be up to us again to provide some resistance next year Confused 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:50pm
How is the cup final game split. Is it split 3 ways or what? With 30,000plus its worth a few bob. I know there was a lot of free tickets around but even with 22,000 or so still big money.

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:52pm
What a cross from Gannon for McEleny's goal, terrible mistake to lose possession by Griffin though. Thought McNulty should have done better too.

As for the Cork fans throwing cans at Dano Kelly Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 6:28pm
Well done Dundalk, just the better side, shields is a terrific center mid, decent match I thought. Cork are a very unlike able bunch, Cummins and Sheppard should be on stage at the abbey LOL  
Be interesting to see if John Caulfield can put together a challenge next season, he’s done an incredible job so far but it’ll be the team that spends next season that’ll get closest to Dundalk , the blues or rofuss maybe?

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 6:37pm
Hearing there was a bit of pavement dancing going on before the game, anyone know of this, down around the dodder area in ringsend, and any of you langers know what the story is behind Josh o Hanlon been frozen out of the squad latter end of the season ? Row or other goings on ?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 6:43pm
I’d reckon Rovers will overtake Cork next season but still fall short of Dundalk. 
Agree on with Cork bring unlikable, Caulfield especially. 
Dundalk deserved it today, good to see such a big crowd too 

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:00pm
Brought a group of kids today and they loved it. As usual it's best atmosphere of the year in Lansdowne. 

As for game, thought Dundalk were much better. Real sense thats the closest Cork will come to them for. good few years -  think Cork will struggle for top 3 next season

Posted By: Pablo Escobar
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Brought a group of kids today and they loved it. As usual it's best atmosphere of the year in Lansdowne. 

As for game, thought Dundalk were much better. Real sense thats the closest Cork will come to them for. good few years -  think Cork will struggle for top 3 next season
LOL

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:32pm

I’d reckon Rovers will overtake Cork next season but still fall short of Dundalk. 
Rovers have had a similar budget to Cork City the past few years and have not really been close to us, if rovers can bridge that gap to second they will be doing well.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 7:11am

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Rovers have had a similar budget to Cork City the past few years and have not really been close to us, if rovers can bridge that gap to second they will be doing well.
Rovers finished 15 off Cork this season, but in the second half of the season Rovers collected 3 more points than Cork, the second series of games killed Rovers this season. I can’t see Rovers having such a bad start next season & Cork having such a good start especially if they’re trimming high earners. 
I’d fully expect it to be far closer next season 

And I can’t see em dropping 10/12 points against a team with 1/3 their budget next season too Wink although I hope I’m wrong on all counts! 

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:12am

I’d reckon Rovers will overtake Cork next season but still fall short of Dundalk

think Cork will struggle for top 3 next season
Been hearing this for about 3 years now 

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:34am
great day out, both sets off fans where fantastic. Dundalk deserved winners.

Posted By: Pablo Escobar
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I’d reckon Rovers will overtake Cork next season but still fall short of Dundalk

think Cork will struggle for top 3 next season
Been hearing this for about 3 years now 
Yeah, it's actually quite funny. It's as if the rest of the league don't realise how poor they are. We never really got going at all this season and still ended up with a big points total.

If we were to finish outside of the top 3, even with a substantial loss of players from the squad (and let's not forget, they'll be replaced), but still with a sizeable budget relative to most clubs, it would be a disaster. I just don't see it at all.

Posted By: rebelbrowser
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 10:20am
I'm biased but can't see how anyone can say Dundalk were much the better team yesterday. Sure, in the round, they are much better but not yesterday. For all the talk of their passing game there was v little between the sides and 95% of Dundalks pressure / chances came from good old fashioned set pieces.

I thought both teams were v poor in ball retention generally.

On the positive side it was a cracking atmosphere, great crowd from both teams (v impressive from Dundalk given their size, v impressive from Cork given the 7 hour round trip) and no rancour at all.

Anyways congrats to Dundalk. Hard to see them being stopped next year either.

Posted By: royal rover
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 1:43pm
I see the doncaster rovers manager in the crowd watching Sadlier , interesting to see what happens with him! 

-------------
royal rover

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

I see the doncaster rovers manager in the crowd watching Sadlier , interesting to see what happens with him! 
Id say it’s safe to say he will go back to manage Doncaster

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:03pm
LOL

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:04pm

Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

Id say it’s safe to say he will go back to manage Doncaster

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:10pm
Decent enough game. Nothing much in it but felt Cork didn't really believe they could win it...

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:40pm
I thought the standard was poor. The two best teams in the league have gone back a lot.

-------------

Posted By: pah91
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 3:03pm
Looking for a match programme if anyone has one to spare or knows someone selling one give us a shout mine got robbed at the match

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 5:37pm
Agree there PM the quality wasn’t great but it was still a good watch, bit too much tension out there for a flowing game, maybe they just know one another too well now.

Posted By: 1980
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 10:21pm
/-///////

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net